Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
King's Game
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 6, 2017 6:01 AM

Oct 2015
Well it's uncensored, that's good point. M.C being over dramatic for me.
Oct 6, 2017 6:48 AM

Oct 2013
This one is a hit or miss anime.
So yeah, as some said, i was looking at the time after 10 mins and overly dramatic and... the flow kinda loose.

Will pend ep 2 to decide.
Oct 6, 2017 7:34 AM

Feb 2016
When a horror show makes you laugh, then something is definitely wrong with it.

But I'm thinking of keeping this for the same reason I did when I continued Mayoiga.

To laugh.

Although it has a chance. Just a chance.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Oct 6, 2017 8:05 AM

Mar 2016
Damn... I wish my classmates could be that nice 😞😔(just the first half tho... the second is more like reality)

Anyways I get the "Mayoiga" feel people are talking about... but hopefully it will be better. Also should I read the first vol. of the manga??? Is it necessary ???
UrbanJahtsOct 6, 2017 8:10 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2017 8:37 AM

Apr 2013
I don't expect much after episode 1. It looks like it will be a lame show, but i'll stick with it.
Oct 6, 2017 10:14 AM

Mar 2013
Complete garbage, terrible writing, crappy uninteresting characters , a complete waste of time, Mayoiga wasnt very good but it was atleast entertaining, thi show is just bad with not many redeeming qualities
Oct 6, 2017 10:21 AM

Jun 2015
Loved this last season lacked anime like this, finally some juicy death, the eye popping was so fun! Looking forward to see more fun death, hopefully will be unpredictable! Very promising show!
Oct 6, 2017 10:25 AM

Nov 2011
Damn they went and crossed off the people at the end. Show was crazy. Though everything popped off in the first episode, like where else can it go but following the orders ya know?

I feel like it will end up like Another where they try to find the King but end up all dying.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 6, 2017 10:36 AM

Jan 2011
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
katsu044 said:
oh geez i don't know if this is the right kind of bad or just plain outright awful , checked out the manga last week to prepared myself to see what's in store for us but it turns out this is just a sequel manga oddly felt more "lighthearted" for lack of better words but didn't go full on edge for the first few chapters compared to this.

Hey they didn't kill Horie Yui in the first episode so that's a plus

I find that refreshing.
It's nice to see a bloody thriller anime where the MC went through the same thing prior. Makes them feel more veteran.
eh i'd have to agree if they handled it better i can't speak for what happens later but they sure as hell didn't make him come across as the type of vet player of the last game like example Nagito
Oct 6, 2017 11:29 AM

Dec 2014
Lucky96u said:
aLotQuestion said:
The question is, WHY THE FUCK WERE BOOBS AND VAGINA CENSORED BUT GORE SCENE IS NOT?!

Because showing boobs and vagina would've required this to be categorized as hentai.

Boobs and vagina = 18+
Bloody gore scene = 18-

What a wonderful country, Japan.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Oct 6, 2017 11:48 AM

Nov 2008
Jesus, when I wasn't bored I was either annoyed or confused. Sometimes all at the same time. The animation is real bad too so the gore was just kind of... meh. Will drop if this doesn't get even slightly interesting by episode 2.
Oct 6, 2017 11:52 AM

Jun 2015
I like the different start (MC has experienced the whole shebang before) and his rejection of everyone. It didn't come off as edgy, but as the reaction of someone who has seen this happen before with everyone dying. Avoiding making any real connection helps him cope with the inevitable death of others.

The ending theme is also pretty badass. Definitely getting Mirai Nikki vibes from the setting, but seems like this is in a sense more mature / grounded version of it.
uh oh!
Oct 6, 2017 12:01 PM

Feb 2017
Mamoru Miyano's voice is just AWESOME ! Such a talented seiyuu !!
Oct 6, 2017 12:26 PM

May 2015
So after everyone died in the first game the best thing MC could think of is to go to school again? Unless it was ordered by the King, why not seek mental help or something?
Oct 6, 2017 2:26 PM

Mar 2017
I can tell I will absolutely love this series, and the seiyuu line up is amazing!! I can't wait for more of this!
Oct 6, 2017 2:34 PM

Dec 2007
Why does the MC look exactly like Setsuna from Gundam 00 as well as having the same seiyuu? lol
Oct 6, 2017 3:07 PM

Jan 2016
This was the edgiest show I've ever seen. And I've watched all episodes of Re:Zero. And there wasn't even much happening this first episode. First.

So I think this can either become Another, or it can become Mayoiga. So I hope it ends up as the first one. The main character is your typical edgy protagonist, the heroine is the girl who makes the main character think twice, people dying for not doing anything wrong, the bully dies a horrible death and you don't know whether to feel bad or not- There is no particular substance to King's Game so far, but heck, it's fairly entertaining - I'd give it that.

EDIT: And I just found out this studio is known to make Hentai. I can't wait.
Oct 6, 2017 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
katsu044 said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

I find that refreshing.
It's nice to see a bloody thriller anime where the MC went through the same thing prior. Makes them feel more veteran.
eh i'd have to agree if they handled it better i can't speak for what happens later but they sure as hell didn't make him come across as the type of vet player of the last game like example Nagito

Now that I think about it, the MC should've been able to hatch an immediete plan to convince everyone the game's real before anyone dies.
Since his classmates' reactions were almost identical.
I was expecting him to do anything, even throw his pride away, humiliate himself, if it meant making sure nobody died.
I don't want a romantic relationship with girls or a sexual one, but I will kiss them even if I'm marked as pervert, if it means saving their lives, because I have a basic moral code like any human being.
Oct 6, 2017 5:14 PM

Aug 2015
This show feels like a mix of Another and Battle royale(manga).Hope it gets better later on
Oct 6, 2017 5:26 PM

Jul 2010
eXtacy67 said:
So what happens if you don't have a mobile phone? Do you get sent a letter lol?

I'll put my response in a spoiler tag to be safe.

a knife and a fork
Oct 6, 2017 5:49 PM

Jul 2010
_MushiRock11_ said:
Damn, this was some intense episode but it felt as though I was watching a sequel series without knowing the events which previously occurred and how this 'Ousama Game' came to existence in the first place.

If it feels like you're watching a sequel, it's because you are watching a sequel. To the manga, anyways. It's probably good to read the first series, not to know how it ends (since the MC spoiled that), but to understand better why the MC is the way he is.
a knife and a fork
Oct 6, 2017 5:54 PM
Jun 2017
MC is pathetic. Honda Natsuko has that bitchy aura from the first time she showed up. Dissapointed. Give me Chiemi instead.
Oct 6, 2017 6:05 PM

Jul 2016
Danganronpa: Outside edition.

It was interesting and brutal. I have high expectations from this show. I hope it does not disappoint (I didn't read the original material).

Oct 6, 2017 7:14 PM

Jan 2013
WOW This was very gore!
Great start...i think xD
Can't wait to see more of the story.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 6, 2017 7:28 PM
Jan 2014
As a manga reader i guess it was a decent episode, The gore was nice however the animation wasn't so good but anyway
nikosunOct 7, 2017 4:31 AM
Oct 6, 2017 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
katsu044 said:

Now that I think about it, the MC should've been able to hatch an immediete plan to convince everyone the game's real before anyone dies.
Since his classmates' reactions were almost identical.
I was expecting him to do anything, even throw his pride away, humiliate himself, if it meant making sure nobody died.
I don't want a romantic relationship with girls or a sexual one, but I will kiss them even if I'm marked as pervert, if it means saving their lives, because I have a basic moral code like any human being.
right there were many ways they could have gone about him using the knowledge of the past game and they didn't , i hate follow along with the lines of calling him a wuss and what not but seeing how much he hesitated to do a simple kiss with the fact knowing he could save someone was silly it worked out only due to plot convenience of the girl "falling " for him.
Oct 6, 2017 8:06 PM

Sep 2012
Overall good episodes. However a bit disappointed that it spoiled me how the first manga ends now...
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Oct 6, 2017 11:51 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
ArixNypher said:
_MushiRock11_ said:
Damn, this was some intense episode but it felt as though I was watching a sequel series without knowing the events which previously occurred and how this 'Ousama Game' came to existence in the first place.

If it feels like you're watching a sequel, it's because you are watching a sequel. To the manga, anyways. It's probably good to read the first series, not to know how it ends (since the MC spoiled that), but to understand better why the MC is the way he is.

Alright, thanks! I'll give it a try then, but I'm just curious as to what the Studio is up to by adapting the second chunk of the story instead of the first. Could it be becuase of some clever idea or just becuase of the popularity difference or something of the sort, is what baffles my mind.
But, I'll give it a read nonetheless.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 7, 2017 1:23 AM

Aug 2010
Watching the MC act like an emo loner, make a sorry attempt at warning his class, & be painfully helpless while getting beat up made me so annoyed. After watching the first episode and feeling kind of "meh" about it, I went and read the original manga. Needless to say, it really cleared up how lame the MC acted in the first episode.

Spoilers for those who haven't read the first manga and want to read it on their own:

I guess I'll just keep watching to see how it goes. At least I now feel like I have a little emotional investment in seeing how he will deal with this second game.
Oct 7, 2017 3:18 AM

Dec 2015
Oh no....I don't like the protagonist personality. He looks so childish...
I feel the first episode is too fast and rushed..
Ah....instant dropped...
Blade-Fang-KaoriOct 7, 2017 3:28 AM
Oct 7, 2017 3:28 AM
Jul 2018
METAL AF.
The ending saved me from skipping this. Damn.

The MC acted so dumb. It made me cringe to oblivion. I expected it anyway- These types of series's highlights are the deaths anyway
Oct 7, 2017 3:52 AM

Sep 2013
So people are comparing this to Mayoiga.........hyped for climax/train-wreck take your pick.

MC was kinda random, if he wanted to protect the new class, he should've stayed hikkikomori but got involved the new class in the deadly game. That sudden kiss tho.... When sudden 'forced' ship appears like NatsukoxMC, it makes me disappointed in the interactions between them. Still the reactions are a bit edgy and irrational.
Oct 7, 2017 4:09 AM
Jan 2009
If it's supposed to be tense or scary, in my case, it completely failed. Those close-up shots were much more funny to me than frightening or disturbing.
Oct 7, 2017 4:51 AM

Aug 2011
The manga is shit, so I wouldn't hold out any hope of this being good. The only good thing about this was the OP. Edgelords would love this I guess.
Oct 7, 2017 6:58 AM

Dec 2008
I like the premise, I will give this Anime the 3 episode rule and see what happens. The first episode was kind of rushed, the MC generic. It's not perfect, still entertaining though.
Oct 7, 2017 7:09 AM

May 2012
I don't any similarity between this and that trash called Mayoiga. In Mayoiga nobody get killed

This show looks good so far. Many people got killed in the 1st episode
Oct 7, 2017 7:11 AM

Aug 2013
ED song was disgusting. I don't remember when I skipped OP/ED last time.

Plot seems to be very edgy, for now - it's not THAT bad, I like girl's character design.
Btw, Euphoria The TV Anime?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 7, 2017 7:15 AM

May 2014
So it's an adaptation of the second manga... The one I never get to read Q_Q

The premise is very good indeed. It's just a matter of presenting the story well. It's the kind of thing that you want to love but you can't really for how poorly it's made. I hope I won't be too dissapoined in the end; the idea and the characters are awesome. The oppening is also freacking amazing.

AzuriteZ said:
RinSeiryuu said:
MC is so annoying. Seriously, grow a pair.

I agree, he's crying way too much...

Ha, if you knew what happened to him before... He was actually the cool and righteous guy of his former class. But things ended very nasty... The trauma was sure big.
Oct 7, 2017 7:25 AM
Feb 2009
Concept could be nice but if it's not a person, then, there is no hope to "find the cluprit"... So, I guess it can only end when only one person is left alive ? (because you can not play ousama game alone).

But, after that, there is a lot of stuff which are just weird :
- People in the class are too nice to the MC,
- Most popular girl in school fall in love with that MC ? (he was just being a dick all the time avoiding her),
- Girl finding the MC five minutes before the deadline (I guess it's pretty common for her to look everywhere at midnight for someone...),
- MC just need to kiss her (and she wants too !) to save two lifes, but it does not...

And the worst part... Sending a message at 0:01 preventing everyone to go to sleep... and killing people who were already at sleep does not seems fair at all.

Finally MC regaigning confidence three seconds before the end of the episode does not really make senses. I mean the King's Game had already started for 24 hours...

I don't really expect anything but I will watch the second episode :)
Oct 7, 2017 7:31 AM
Nov 2016
So in the first episode they got rid of unnecessary classmates that would never get any character development anyway ;p
And they got a pretty nasty end, too... which somehow feels bad, but not too extreme.

I love the idea of this anime and it kinda frightens me. I really wonder what messed up things are going to happen and right now I have more faith in it than Mayoiga (which was such a letdown).

There were some annoying moments, though. Why would everyone assume that the new kid in class (who is the NEW kid, thus having no phone numbers of any other classmate (I assume)) be the mysterious 'King' of the game?
Pretty sure I would be skeptical as well, but most classmates are so damn judgmental right from the start when they hear from these horrifying, supernatural messages.

There are some interesting and likable characters already, so I bet... something messed up will happen pretty soon. I'm looking forward to the second episode.
Oct 7, 2017 8:02 AM
Oct 2008
I haven't watched and I hear that this is actually the sequel part of the manga which I haven't read. So my opinions don't really mean much but I wanted to comment anyway.

Just to sum it up, all I can think of is "Why did they bother to make this an animation?" from my memory of the manga, it started alright with the premise of "King's game" theme but it just ended horribly and that they could have chose something better to animate in the same theme.
Oct 7, 2017 8:09 AM

Jul 2013
I suggest people just wait out and then go on youtube and see "all kings game deaths", because everything else is a waste of your time, considering the source material.
Oct 7, 2017 8:46 AM

Jun 2015
ButadonMeitante said:
This was the edgiest show I've ever seen. And I've watched all episodes of Re:Zero. And there wasn't even much happening this first episode. First.

So I think this can either become Another, or it can become Mayoiga. So I hope it ends up as the first one. The main character is your typical edgy protagonist, the heroine is the girl who makes the main character think twice, people dying for not doing anything wrong, the bully dies a horrible death and you don't know whether to feel bad or not- There is no particular substance to King's Game so far, but heck, it's fairly entertaining - I'd give it that.

EDIT: And I just found out this studio is known to make Hentai. I can't wait.

Nah Mayoiga train already sailed, to get smiliar exp we should have waited episode after episode...and asking ourselves why still noone died?
This already better than that
Oct 7, 2017 9:23 AM

Aug 2015
Okay, what kind of Another Nikki Ga Kill Mayoiga is this?
Oct 7, 2017 9:30 AM

Sep 2010
it was a bad move of the studio to adapt the sequel to the first manga (given that ou-sama game is a prequel to what lead to the events of the original manga), since they'll give tons of flashbacks to things that haven't occured and needless exposition.
And if this ends upas the first and second manga i think it's safe to say that

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Oct 7, 2017 9:43 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
animation style poor, plot very comun and the blood how call for this anime!!!
Sorry, but this first episode hadn´t some special ;)
Oct 7, 2017 12:06 PM
Jul 2016
Lucky96u said:
This is bad
Overdramatic instantaneous reactions and changes of attitude / opinion by the characters, it's paced way too fast, didn't bother to actually let us know the characters before throwing them all in, way too generic characteristics and everything we know about the main character so far is that he's appearently trying to purposely be lonely because of his past, which doesn't seem to last long considering he immediately changes his mind once his classmates ask him to join a race the day after he joins school, because of what? A rumor he heard about the girl he sits next to that says she's an orphan and that he's got no reason to believe but he'll do anyway without a doubt.
Not even gonna talk about the bullshit emotional tryharder that is Natsuko, actually yes, let's talk about it, being all doki doki over the main character because she appearently fell in love at first sight for no appearent reason, especially considering how much of a dick he's been to everyone since he arrived to class.

Btw, the characters on MAL from what's supposed to be the prequel to this are signed as Main while the current classmates are signed as Supporting, so either someone messed up on MAL or this is actually gonna cover the prequel more than the Extreme one.

Disappointed.

Edit:
Also, the animations are meh, not many frames for animations, and they're even bad, I saw some frames repeated twice, I assume they want to highlight the gore animations, but that just makes everything else look like they didn't put effort in it.

THANK YOU!!! ITS COMPLETE GARBAGE AND NONSENSICAL! The main character looks like a ****ing extra as well. I know its bad when I get exhilarated that the main character gets kicked in the teeth. Everyones reaction was just so extra and actually creates a suspension of disbelief like when everyone was laughing when he was saying everyones going to die, thinking he's just a jokester, to just 10secs after everyone is just at utter disgust and disdain that he said it again & that one character wants to fkn kill him if he doesnt stop saying that... Like... WTF!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!? Really?!?!?!?! that quick you wish for his complete and miserable death?!?! WTTTFFFF??!!?!
Oct 7, 2017 12:10 PM

Jan 2013
Xykko said:

pls spoil me what bullshit science are they gonna use this time...and how did the game start
Oct 7, 2017 1:43 PM

Jun 2013
at least it has blood
Oct 7, 2017 5:36 PM
Oct 2012
this is kinda...erm, I dunno. I want to like it, but seriously? "hey lets beat the shit out of him, hes responsible!"....hes literally right there. How can he do anything? plus if you confirm its real, and hes giving you information, why beat him? just seems unnecessarily dramatic
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

317 by Apratim »»
Jun 4, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2017

138 by Jakerr11 »»
Apr 16, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

131 by Nitrofire11111 »»
Mar 16, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

99 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 6, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

116 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 3, 12:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.