Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 15, 2020 12:04 AM

Mar 2016
Flash87 said:
On the one shot challenge it seems unclear whether it is 45 total one shots or 90 (15easy+30medium+45hard levels) total one shots.

The OP's post has only 45, but some others have seperate levels.

It's supposed to be 15+30+45, so 90 in total. Will add a clarification in the next update and may fix the OP to make it more clear.
Jul 17, 2020 7:26 AM

Oct 2016
For any challenge that is Easy, Med, Hard.

I originally put some challenges into my "Easy Only" folder. However, lately I started to go thru some since I may be able to do more on more difficulties. I already have a space for them and I plan on doing them all in one go. Now my question is, after the Easy part is complete can I work on Medium and Hard together? I'm finding it hard to be able to fit enough into the Medium before starting the Hard with having enough left over.
Jul 17, 2020 8:39 AM

Nov 2014
foxxykat1223 said:

I originally put some challenges into my "Easy Only" folder. However, lately I started to go thru some since I may be able to do more on more difficulties. I already have a space for them and I plan on doing them all in one go. Now my question is, after the Easy part is complete can I work on Medium and Hard together? I'm finding it hard to be able to fit enough into the Medium before starting the Hard with having enough left over.

It's allowed^^
Jul 17, 2020 8:45 AM

Oct 2016
@fraideii
fraideii said:
foxxykat1223 said:

It's allowed^^

You don't know how happy I am to hear that. Now all my hard work hasn't gone to waste and I can continue to work on them.

Aug 11, 2020 11:43 AM

Oct 2016
Romance Challenge (yea still working on filling it out)

Read a romance manga that ends with the same last letter as your username:

In my case it would be a T. If it has 2 title versions at the top of the page, can I use either? Ex - Saigo no Shouzou has has Last Portrait under it. Could I use this to meet the T requirement? ty!

***EDIT***
Found something that will fit it but it's still good to know in case the same criteria shows up in another challenge.
foxxykat1223Aug 11, 2020 12:34 PM
Aug 11, 2020 1:14 PM

Mar 2016
foxxykat1223 said:
Romance Challenge (yea still working on filling it out)

Read a romance manga that ends with the same last letter as your username:

In my case it would be a T. If it has 2 title versions at the top of the page, can I use either? Ex - Saigo no Shouzou has has Last Portrait under it. Could I use this to meet the T requirement? ty!

***EDIT***
Found something that will fit it but it's still good to know in case the same criteria shows up in another challenge.

Yeah, we accept both titles, since they both are somewhat the main title on MAL now/since that one update a couple of months ago. ^^
SchlopsiAug 11, 2020 1:19 PM
Aug 26, 2020 6:20 AM

Oct 2016
Me again! lol

Question for the Fantasy Challenge.
Read a manhwa type
Read a second manhwa type

Since MAL is slow on adding these types, can I use another site like animeplanet? ty!
Aug 26, 2020 6:32 AM

Nov 2014
foxxykat1223 said:
Me again! lol

Question for the Fantasy Challenge.
Read a manhwa type
Read a second manhwa type

Since MAL is slow on adding these types, can I use another site like animeplanet? ty!

Unless it's explicitly stated in the rules of the challenge it's not allowed, but I hope you find some nice manhwa on here anyway^^
Aug 26, 2020 8:12 AM

Oct 2016
I guess for now I'll put it on hold due to the fact that MAL is having issues with it's search function. Maybe by the time I'm ready for that part of the challenge MAL will have it fixed and update it's database. Thank!
Aug 26, 2020 9:28 AM

Mar 2016
foxxykat1223 said:
I guess for now I'll put it on hold due to the fact that MAL is having issues with it's search function. Maybe by the time I'm ready for that part of the challenge MAL will have it fixed and update it's database. Thank!

Yeah, that's some things that aren't in our control, unfortunately.
Just want to mention, there is a less elegant workaround for the search. If you add "&show=50" to the end of the searchlink, you can go to the next page. Add another 50 for the third page, and so on.

This is an example for the search for fantasy manhwa:
https://myanimelist.net/manga.php?cat=manga&q=&type=5&score=0&status=0&mid=0&sm=0&sd=0&sy=0&em=0&ed=0&ey=0&c[]=a&c[]=b&c[]=g&c[]=c&c[]=f&gx=0&genre[]=10&show=50

You can also replace that number with a higher one like 200 (500 would work, too, if there are enough titles in the db). This way, you can click your way through the pages before more comfortable. Filter and column sorting shouldn't be affected by that, either.

It's still a hassle, but at least it offers a bit more of an selection.
Aug 26, 2020 10:02 AM

Oct 2016
@Schlopsi
Thank you! It's a pain trying to do a search and not being able to see anything past page 1. I'm going to have a lazy day today but now I can at least work on my searches again...well maybe tomorrow. >.<
Aug 28, 2020 9:12 AM

Jul 2017
Hi, quick question regarding Critics and Connoisseurs Challenge.
This challenge doesn't have very detailed rules so I ask here.
Do I need to re-read the ones I've already read in the past or I can just mark the item as completed?
(Some are really long series)

Thanks!
Aug 28, 2020 11:24 AM

Mar 2016
Armandoriel said:
Hi, quick question regarding Critics and Connoisseurs Challenge.
This challenge doesn't have very detailed rules so I ask here.
Do I need to re-read the ones I've already read in the past or I can just mark the item as completed?
(Some are really long series)

Thanks!

The challenge is like a collection, so you don't have to reread. Just mark them as read, like you'd usually would with new reads. :)
Have fun! ~
Aug 28, 2020 11:36 AM

Jul 2017
Schlopsi said:

The challenge is like a collection, so you don't have to reread. Just mark them as read, like you'd usually would with new reads. :)
Have fun! ~

Alright, thank youu!
Sep 7, 2020 5:37 AM

Oct 2016
Hi! I just want to ask for Alpha-Mangaka Challenge:
1. If there's 2 mangakas credited (1 for art and 1 for story) can we just choose one to use?
e.g. Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki has Hosoda Mamoru for story and Yuu for art so I want to use Yuu's name for entry Y.

2. If there's a mangaka who have two series (1 she did all and another she only did the art), can we use the other mangaka's name who did the story?
e.g. Ando Natsumi did Let's Dance a Waltz (art and story) but she's also credited for Kitchen Princess (art only) can I use Kobayashi Miyuki(story) as ANOTHER entry? Long story short, I want to use Ando Natsumi's Let's Dance a Waltz under entry A and Kobayashi Miyuki and Ando Natsumi's Kitchen Princess under entry K.

Thanks!
xiashenghanSep 7, 2020 6:12 AM
Sep 7, 2020 6:20 AM

Mar 2016
xiashenghan said:
Hi! I just want to ask for Alpha-Mangaka Challenge:
1. If there's 2 mangakas credited (1 for art and 1 for story) can we just choose one to use?
e.g. Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki has Hosoda Mamoru for story and Yuu for art so I want to use Yuu's name for entry Y.

2. If there's a mangaka who have two series (1 she did all and another she only did the art), can we use the other mangaka's name who did the story?
e.g. Ando Natsumi did Let's Dance a Waltz (art and story) but she's also credited for Kitchen Princess (art only) can I use Kobayashi Miyuki(story) as ANOTHER entry? Long story short, I want to use Ando Natsumi's Let's Dance a Waltz under entry A and Kobayashi Miyuki and Ando Natsumi's Kitchen Princess under entry K.

Thanks!

Yep, that works!
Sep 7, 2020 6:42 AM

Oct 2016
Schlopsi said:
Yep, that works!

Cool! Thanks!
Sep 12, 2020 6:11 AM

Jul 2017
Hi, quick question regarding Genre-Based challenges.
The rule "Cannot use the same series/entry twice", does it means if a Manga has a one-shot/alternative/spin-off/sequel (diferent entry on MAL) I can't use both?
e.g.: Fullmetal Alchemist and Full Metal Alchemist: Prototype. Can I use them both in the same difficulty?

edit: excluding the fact that I can't use less than 5 chapters in some cases.

Thanks!
ArmandorielSep 12, 2020 6:21 AM
Sep 12, 2020 7:36 AM

Mar 2016
Armandoriel said:
Hi, quick question regarding Genre-Based challenges.
The rule "Cannot use the same series/entry twice", does it means if a Manga has a one-shot/alternative/spin-off/sequel (diferent entry on MAL) I can't use both?
e.g.: Fullmetal Alchemist and Full Metal Alchemist: Prototype. Can I use them both in the same difficulty?

edit: excluding the fact that I can't use less than 5 chapters in some cases.

Thanks!

Oh, nevermind, I read that wrong. The Genre-Manga Challenge is manga type only, so the Prototype can't be used for that since it's a oneshot, unfortunately.

Yes, if they are separate entries, both can be used for challenges. Unless like you mentioned, there are type-/length-restrictions. :)
Sep 12, 2020 7:39 AM

Jul 2017
Schlopsi said:

Oh, nevermind, I read that wrong. The Genre-Manga Challenge is manga type only, so the Prototype can't be used for that since it's a oneshot, unfortunately.

Yes, if they are separate entries, both can be used for challenges. Unless like you mentioned, there are type-/length-restrictions. :)

Alright, thank you~!
Nov 8, 2020 8:29 AM

Jul 2016
Hi. Quick question about the newly introduced 52-weeks challenge, just to see if I understood this right.
Let's say I start the challenge at Dec 01. I read Manga A from Dec 02 to Dec 03 and start reading a new Manga B at Dec 04, but don't finish it during week 1. Do I understand it right, that I can't finish Manga B during week 2 and use it as my second Manga for the challenge, but have to start a new Manga C with a start date sometime between Dec 08 and Dec 14?

Nov 8, 2020 9:03 AM

Mar 2016
extremeplant said:
Hi. Quick question about the newly introduced 52-weeks challenge, just to see if I understood this right.
Let's say I start the challenge at Dec 01. I read Manga A from Dec 02 to Dec 03 and start reading a new Manga B at Dec 04, but don't finish it during week 1. Do I understand it right, that I can't finish Manga B during week 2 and use it as my second Manga for the challenge, but have to start a new Manga C with a start date sometime between Dec 08 and Dec 14?

In that case you'd use Manga A for week 1 since you finished that manga. The next manga you'd be able to use for the challenge can't be started before week 2 started - unless you'd use a vacation week like shown in the challenges' example:

Example:
Week #1: Dec 1st - Dec 7th | Read a Manga A AND Read a Manga B
Week #2: Dec 8th - Dec 14th | Vacation|continue with Manga B (so you'd technically still have two weeks for two manga)
Week #3: Dec 15th - Dec 21st | Read a Manga C

In that example you used up one of your vacation weeks available per difficulty, if you make it through two manga per two weeks. However, if you decide to not use a vacation, it's like skipping a week which would be invalid and you'd have to start again from week 1. No continuing with week 3 in that case.

Remember, those vacations are limited, and your main goal should be to read one manga completely within each week. No starting early, no starting late but exactly in the set week.

Did this explain everything you asked?

Nov 8, 2020 10:55 AM

Jul 2016
Schlopsi said:
extremeplant said:

In that case you'd use Manga A for week 1 since you finished that manga. The next manga you'd be able to use for the challenge can't be started before week 2 started - unless you'd use a vacation week like shown in the challenges' example:

Example:
Week #1: Dec 1st - Dec 7th | Read a Manga A AND Read a Manga B
Week #2: Dec 8th - Dec 14th | Vacation|continue with Manga B (so you'd technically still have two weeks for two manga)
Week #3: Dec 15th - Dec 21st | Read a Manga C

In that example you used up one of your vacation weeks available per difficulty, if you make it through two manga per two weeks. However, if you decide to not use a vacation, it's like skipping a week which would be invalid and you'd have to start again from week 1. No continuing with week 3 in that case.

Remember, those vacations are limited, and your main goal should be to read one manga completely within each week. No starting early, no starting late but exactly in the set week.

Did this explain everything you asked?

Yes, thank you. I just wanted to make sure I understood everything correctly, so I don't risk making it invalid.

Dec 17, 2020 10:46 AM

Jan 2009
Can I use novels for Recommendation Challenge?
Dec 17, 2020 2:20 PM

Mar 2016
lubryka said:
Can I use novels for Recommendation Challenge?

Yes, they can be used.
Feb 13, 2021 7:59 AM

Jan 2009
Some questions about Recommendation Challenge, again. Here's the link to my challenge.

I'd like to turn in my challenge up to now. Do I turn it in as a hard difficulty, or should each difficulty (easy, medium, hard) be separated? Also, can I continue the conquered challenge from Sensei, Kiite yo (or rather Sensei ni, Ageru.), if I turn in the challenge now?

Feb 14, 2021 11:37 AM

Mar 2016
lubryka said:
Some questions about Recommendation Challenge, again. Here's the link to my challenge.

I'd like to turn in my challenge up to now. Do I turn it in as a hard difficulty, or should each difficulty (easy, medium, hard) be separated? Also, can I continue the conquered challenge from Sensei, Kiite yo (or rather Sensei ni, Ageru.), if I turn in the challenge now?

We are currently in the process of rephrasing it, so it will be clearer. Please have a bit more patience until we come up with a proper answer (soon!). Will get in touch with you again once that's done.
Feb 23, 2021 10:13 AM

Mar 2016
lubryka said:

Hey! I'm super sorry it took us so long! We added a clarification to the challenge under #8, which hopefully explains your options.
If you continue with your pick until you finished Conquered, you mastered the challenge for the first run. Otherwise you can just upgrade the difficulties you've done so far. But make sure to read the clarification in the rules, to avoid confusion :D If you have any questions left, please feel free to ask again.

The update will be announced soon, but I just wanted to let you know about it already.
Feb 27, 2021 10:12 AM

Jan 2020
Hello! I was wondering if there's any way the members could voluntarily support the club (e.g. providing sign-up code for challenges, giving suggestions).

I also wanted to thank all of the staff members for creating this club and managing it for so many years!
Feb 27, 2021 4:57 PM

Mar 2016
IrrelevantGuy said:
Hello! I was wondering if there's any way the members could voluntarily support the club (e.g. providing sign-up code for challenges, giving suggestions).

I also wanted to thank all of the staff members for creating this club and managing it for so many years!

Hey! Thank you for the praise, we really appreciate it! You can always get in touch with us on Discord (link is on the Clubpage) for any input you have. You can also PM fraideii or me if you have any ideas, suggestions, want to help out with stuff (i.e. providing badges, sign up codes (those should follow the structure of the already existing sign-up codes in the existing thread), etc.
Sometimes it's a bit hard to delegate tasks, so it might be better to give us a quick heads-up if you have something certain in mind and want to help out with.

You can also use these threads:
Challenge Suggestions, if you have an idea (we are aware that there's still a lot of backlog, but we always have it in mind and try to get around it). Those ideas don't need to follow the given patterns, except for the code and some rules you have in mind. So if you have something quirky in mind, or a certain theme, you can articulate it and we'll try to work out something with you.

And the Feedback-thread, where you can give any input you want. There's no real limit there.

So yeah, long story short, if you have anything in mind you want to help out with, get in touch with us and we work out something. Thank you for the offer! :)
Mar 3, 2021 1:56 AM

Feb 2014
Hello!~

Recently joined this club. I noticed there isn't a point system in place like the AWC has. Do you think there will ever be one implemented? Will there ever be a HoF site for manga?
Mar 3, 2021 2:26 AM

Jan 2020
Hello! Concerning the Shiritori challenge, would it be okay if I start by picking a favorite manga that I have yet to finish or catch up to?

In this case, I have picked Berserk as the starting manga, but I'm more than 100 chapters behind the latest released chapter. So would I be fine?
Mar 3, 2021 8:13 AM

Mar 2016
Thnx4dafood said:
Hello!~

Recently joined this club. I noticed there isn't a point system in place like the AWC has. Do you think there will ever be one implemented? Will there ever be a HoF site for manga?

Since we don't have the ressources to make one, I highly doubt we'll ever get there. Jhiday, who runs the HoF-page, is busy enough with maintaining it. So unless there's one eager club member/volunteer who'd like to create a website like the HoF, just for manga, please get in touch with us.

IrrelevantGuy said:
Hello! Concerning the Shiritori challenge, would it be okay if I start by picking a favorite manga that I have yet to finish or catch up to?

In this case, I have picked Berserk as the starting manga, but I'm more than 100 chapters behind the latest released chapter. So would I be fine?

That's fine, just make sure you are up to date/have finished with anything after that starting pick.
Mar 6, 2021 7:20 PM

Mar 2017
Came across this in the Fantasy Challenge:

Read a manga that has a non-alphabet character in the title

Is this entry defined in the same way as the yearly MRC (unicode-type chars only), or are punctuations marks allowed for this entry?
Mar 7, 2021 12:59 PM

Mar 2016
BrainpanSonata said:
Came across this in the Fantasy Challenge:

Read a manga that has a non-alphabet character in the title

Is this entry defined in the same way as the yearly MRC (unicode-type chars only), or are punctuations marks allowed for this entry?

You can use symbols and/or punctuation marks for it, so it's a bit more lax.
May 28, 2021 10:42 AM
Sanzo Party

Apr 2015
For The Shounen Ai Challenge it asks to Read a doujinshi, does it need to be a Type or can it be a Genre?
May 30, 2021 12:39 PM

Mar 2016
RenxKentaro said:
For The Shounen Ai Challenge it asks to Read a doujinshi, does it need to be a Type or can it be a Genre?

It can be either, as long as it includes the tag "Shounen Ai" or "Yaoi" under genre.
Jun 9, 2021 3:03 AM

Oct 2020
Im kind of new to the club and I was wondering if ever the hall of fame is updated? And how often is the turn in thread checked? I have some free time so I was thinking of volunteering if ever you needed help in those ( although I would need some instructions how to do so )
Sep 15, 2021 9:43 AM

Jan 2009
I've got two questions:

1. Can I admit challenge's hard version before admitting easy and medium?

2. What will happen to genre-based challenges because of today's genre overhaul? (Especially manga/oneshot/doujinshi challenges and Psychological challenge)
Sep 17, 2021 10:33 AM

Mar 2016
lubryka said:
I've got two questions:

1. Can I admit challenge's hard version before admitting easy and medium?

2. What will happen to genre-based challenges because of today's genre overhaul? (Especially manga/oneshot/doujinshi challenges and Psychological challenge)

1. Yes, unless it is explicitly stated that you have to go in order. Just make sure you still read the right amount for each difficulty once you turn in.
2. There's currently no plan to update (club is more or less on hiatus), especially since the MAL-update doesn't seem to be final from what I can see. My advice for the psychological challenge is to mark any new entry you add to your post in some way (and leave a note that it's referring to the genre overhaul). From what I can see now, the psychological challenge got a lot more entries due the theme, so the one thing we *might* do, is to up the required titles for the challenge to make up for the amount available. Regardign the other challenges, we'd need to discuss how to tackle those issues. It's quite a bummer.
Sep 28, 2021 1:33 AM
Jan 2019
hey hey
Thank you for organizing this whole challenges system :)

My question is: s=Some challenges don't have any points written on the challenge page itself, mainly the genre based ones, like the Romance Challenge.
In this case, how do we know how many points it's worth when the submission of the completed challenge is not yet validated?
Sep 28, 2021 11:33 AM

Mar 2016
amex0 said:
hey hey

My question is: s=Some challenges don't have any points written on the challenge page itself, mainly the genre based ones, like the Romance Challenge.
In this case, how do we know how many points it's worth when the submission of the completed challenge is not yet validated?

There was an initial plan to offer points for completed challenges. But since we don't use our hall of fame (due too much of a workload keeping it updated), there's no real need for the points. The only rewards atm are the badges you can grab once you've finished a challenge. ;)
Oct 9, 2021 11:49 AM
Jan 2019
Schlopsi said:
amex0 said:
hey hey

There was an initial plan to offer points for completed challenges. But since we don't use our hall of fame (due too much of a workload keeping it updated), there's no real need for the points. The only rewards atm are the badges you can grab once you've finished a challenge. ;)

I see, (I had wondered about the HoF, since I wasn't able to access it..)
Aight, understood, thank you for answering!
Oct 23, 2021 9:30 AM

Mar 2017
When I set up my Shiritori Challenge, I included Nichijou in my Hard tier chain because the MAL entry was listed as Finished and had no indicators that it was on hiatus. Would the series now be considered Ongoing for the purposes of the challenge, even though publication/scanslation and database edits have not occurred yet?
Oct 23, 2021 11:49 AM

Mar 2016
BrainpanSonata said:
When I set up my Shiritori Challenge, I included Nichijou in my Hard tier chain because the MAL entry was listed as Finished and had no indicators that it was on hiatus. Would the series now be considered Ongoing for the purposes of the challenge, even though publication/scanslation and database edits have not occurred yet?

There is only so much we can check... ;) You only need to be up to date with it to move on (as soon as you start your next title in the chain, it is locked and the series can continue without you reading it), so it doesn't really matter if it's still ongoing/hiaturs or not. If you really want to feel safe, add a screenshot of the page that shows it as finished as some sort of proof. We usually refer to MAL and Mangaupdates to see which chapter was released last and see if it suits your Shiritori-chain - unless you use a certain print/digital edition, then you may tell us if you're i.e. following the release of a certain publisher.
Hope that makes it more clear.
Nov 8, 2021 8:25 AM

Jul 2017
Hi, some of Naoki Urasawa's one-shots have been compiled into this entry. Just saying 'cause I guess it means his collection challenge should be updated at some point.
I guess as a bonus 'cause I don't think every single one-shot that forms it can be found translated. And removing DAMiYAN, what a pain ngl.
Nov 9, 2021 11:27 AM

Mar 2016
Armandoriel said:
Hi, some of Naoki Urasawa's one-shots have been compiled into this entry. Just saying 'cause I guess it means his collection challenge should be updated at some point.
I guess as a bonus 'cause I don't think every single one-shot that forms it can be found translated. And removing DAMiYAN, what a pain ngl.

Will be updated and put as bonus, thanks for noticing.
Nov 13, 2021 8:21 PM

May 2021
Hey, I just want to make sure are manhwas/manhuas allowed for the Shiritori Challenge?
Nov 17, 2021 3:50 AM

Mar 2016
Keiimin said:
Hey, I just want to make sure are manhwas/manhuas allowed for the Shiritori Challenge?

Yep, they are :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Drama Challenge ( 1 2 3 )

Schlopsi - May 5, 2019

109 by Syesta »»
May 23, 2:17 PM

» Adventure Challenge ( 1 2 3 )

Schlopsi - Nov 22, 2018

117 by King_Lamon »»
May 23, 8:23 AM

» Big Fu**ing Giant Challenge ( 1 2 )

fraideii - Jul 21, 2020

94 by King_Lamon »»
May 23, 8:21 AM

» Released 2012 Challenge ( 1 2 3 )

riho88riho - Jan 27, 2017

105 by King_Lamon »»
May 23, 8:19 AM

» [Special] Valentine's Day Challenge ( 1 2 )

Schlopsi - Feb 13, 2019

98 by EyezOfNine »»
May 13, 6:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.