Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 20, 2014 1:56 PM

Oct 2012
Obviously Shinpachi with his Drunken Sword Style ability.
May 20, 2014 2:28 PM

Jan 2011
Eutass said:
GUTS
Strength/Skills:
He defeated 100 men but nearly died in that fight while Mihawk defeated more than 100 men in a war and didn't even get a scratch.
Personality/Character:
Still Guts is incredible as well He doesn't give up despite all of the despair around him, and that willpower is different from the "heart-of-the-cards" willpower that 99% of shounen characters are given. So Ichigo is out of the question
Overall: Mihawk better swordsman

KIRITO
Strength/Skills:
Disappointed in people who even mention him in this thread. During anime, he defeated many people with mere 'power' but his swords skills were sloppy as ever. Also, his 'power' level was reset in the last episode so he is no match.
Personality/Character:
N/A
(Whatever I will say will be against his personality so I don't want to offend you)

TRUNKS
He quited swordsmanship so he should not be considered a swordsman. (Remember his fight with Cell)

ZORO
Strength/Skills:
He is still far from surpassing Mihawk. He can't even use conquering's Haki yet.

CHARACTERS FROM Rurouni Kenshin
If there is someone who has watched both One Piece (at least till 500ep) and Rurouni Kenshin, please tell if there is anyone who can defeat Mihawk...

But I have seen Rurouni Kenshin OVA. Himura, Kenshin is definitely one of the best swordsman. He deserves so many points for his outstanding character but I am afraid he is not so strong to beat Mihawk. (This is just from OVA)

Miyamoto, MUSHASHI
This is an anime discussion page, don't bring Manga

SHANKS < MIHAWK proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NL8DTuFu8E

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101124223306/onepiece/pt/images/5/56/42121043.gif

Something about Mihawk I'd like to share:

Conclusion:
He is definitely the best and strongest swordsman ever existed! I think I have given enough proof...

totally not biased post :/

Trunks fav sword was destroyed big deal, he is still a swordman an can destroy Mihawk easily with just any normal sword an anyways Trunks isnt the strongest swordman either, we already had some examples of characters that cut a planet, a galaxy or even the universe with their swords, Mihawk cant defeat those guys
May 20, 2014 3:40 PM

Sep 2013
DNyt said:
Erza Scarlet I dont know why I just think she is the best

Erza's strength doesnt come from her swordsmanship. She even has magic and shed be slaughtered by Kenshin.
lupadim said:
Definitely Mihawk.

"Hurr durr, Kirito is faster"

DUDE. KIRITO IS NOT FASTER.

http://youtu.be/uj9hWWLMUOI?t=29s

Can Kirito slice a Buggy in 1000 different parts within 0.5 second?

Kirito dual wields. Nice. Zoro triple wields. And look at Zoro's fight with Mihawk:

http://youtu.be/rmHLTiX5paQ?t=2m8s

Verdict is given. Mihawk is the best.

Mihawk couldnt even hit Luffy in Gear Second who was a HELL OF A LOT slower than Black★Star in Shadow Star: Third Form - Absolute Shadow. So not only was Mifune fighting a faster opponent, but he was able to land hits as well. Mifune > Mihawk.
May 20, 2014 5:17 PM

Mar 2014
Kirito was pretty good, but if any1 in DBZ has a sword then its them. (people, lets be honest here)
May 20, 2014 5:27 PM

Mar 2014
Somebody mentioned Kenpachi. This thread should have ended back then. Why is it still developing?
May 20, 2014 5:36 PM

Mar 2012
Willpower that 99% of shounen characters are given. So Ichigo is out of the question

This is bullshit...The sword of Guts is "given", Kirito has given special stats...
And with consider Trunks and not Ichigo?? DBZ is still worse than Bleach in powergiving.

U just choosing the characters allow/not allowed based on shit taste, there's a lot of swordsman better than Mihawk.
May 20, 2014 6:56 PM

Nov 2013
tsudecimo said:
lupadim said:
Definitely Mihawk.

Killer Bee is definitely better than Mihawk though.

All his blades will be shattered before he even laid a finger on Mihawk.
May 20, 2014 7:01 PM

Nov 2013
Old_Raven said:

Mihawk couldnt even hit Luffy in Gear Second who was a HELL OF A LOT slower than Black★Star in Shadow Star: Third Form - Absolute Shadow. So not only was Mifune fighting a faster opponent, but he was able to land hits as well. Mifune > Mihawk.

It was Luffy's 'special' ability of replying on people around him. No one but only Mihawk recognizes his ability, which automatically makes him the best. So many people helped Luffy during his fight with Mihawk which were Jinbe, Iva, Vista, Crocodile, Daz Bone, Buggy, etc.
May 20, 2014 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm for me its a contest between Saber, Archer, Zoro, or Mihawk. Tbh any of them could win.
May 20, 2014 7:10 PM

Oct 2012
*insert a swordsman you like*
May 20, 2014 7:11 PM

Mar 2014
Kimp said:
tsudecimo said:
lupadim said:
Definitely Mihawk.

Killer Bee is definitely better than Mihawk though.

All his blades will be shattered before he even laid a finger on Mihawk.

You can't simply 'shatter' durable blades that are infused with Lightning Chakra. Try again.
May 20, 2014 7:16 PM

Nov 2010
Ryukatsuka said:
You can't simply 'shatter' durable blades that are infused with Lightning Chakra. Try again.
You can with the Yoru(said to be the strongest blade in the One Piece world) infused with a lot of buso haki.
May 20, 2014 7:21 PM

Mar 2014
Ryougi Shiki, sorry, but my waifu could kick anybody's (Except Inferno Cop) ass. Mystic Eyes of Death Perception OP.
May 20, 2014 7:25 PM

Mar 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
Ryukatsuka said:
You can with the Yoru(said to be the strongest blade in the One Piece world) infused with a lot of buso haki.

I fail to see how it being the 'strongest' in the One Piece world purports to it being the 'strongest' everywhere. Mihawk is definitely skilled, no one can deny that, and he might even be able to come out superior in a battle with Killer Bee. But you can't presume a sword fight between them will simply end because of something as superficial as one of their blades shattering, especially when talking about swordsmen of their calliber.
May 20, 2014 7:29 PM
Oct 2013
Eutass said:
kanno_ said:

I'd say Mihawk as well. Skill, power, charisma, he has it all. Mihawk doesn't have superpower eyes, iirc he just has exceptionally good eyesight that's all. Not sharingan/byakugan/rinnegan or the likes.

Indeed. I see you have only watched 100 episodes... You will see more of him in coming 400 episodes...

Most people freeze just by looking in his eyes.

I know, I just didn't update mylist for months. :P

goldslash said:
kanno_ said:
Whoa, so Ichigo has limits.... :o

Well he can beat The Truth of FMA then?? I don't think so.
He's no omnipotent, btw, i dindn't complete the anime, but i know aizen is almost omnipotent.

You bet. If Kubo writes the story of Ichigo vs The Truth, it would be revealed that Ichigo actually has the power of God or a descendant of the God itself. Pretty much like the BS in every arc.

OnT:
I'd say Mihawk as well. Skill, power, charisma, he has it all. Mihawk doesn't have superpower eyes, iirc he just has exceptionally good eyesight that's all. Not sharingan/byakugan/rinnegan or the likes.

Is nothing like that... But his eyes are special.
And Haki for you is no power?? So you are wrong.
Mihawk can use BnH, KnH, only not use the Haki of Kings...

So he has some skills to help and improve his sword skills, like Ichigo or another characters have.

Haki is power, but it's not superpower. Haki is described as a power can be found in every living being, especially BnH and KnH which are not something special and can be awakened through training. And why did you bring up haki? That has nothing to do with the "not human" or "superpower eyes" like your claim.
May 20, 2014 7:34 PM

Nov 2010
Ryukatsuka said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Ryukatsuka said:

I fail to see how it being the 'strongest' in the One Piece world purports to it being the 'strongest' everywhere. Mihawk is definitely skilled, no one can deny that, and he might even be able to come out superior in a battle with Killer Bee. But you can't presume a sword fight between them will simply end because of something as superficial as one of their blades shattering, especially when talking about swordsmen of their calliber.
I never said it was. That statement was just attesting to it's strength. As far as we know Bee's weapons are made like normal swords in that world. Are you saying that the average Naruto world sword is better than the average One Piece world sword?

I never said their fight would end in their swords shattering. This was a 'what if' scenario, could Mihawk shatter Killer Bee's swords. Bee with his swords and lightning chakra and Mihawk with his sword and haki(possibly even using kenbunshoku to find the best time to shatter them).
May 20, 2014 7:38 PM

Apr 2014
dat guy from sword of the stranger.
looked realistic n so.

or smth
Whats That? You think my username is Pretty?! Me too!!....... until I found out it was the name of a JAV actress whom I dont even know.
May 20, 2014 7:51 PM

Mar 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
Ryukatsuka said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Ryukatsuka said:

I never said it was. That statement was just attesting to it's strength. As far as we know Bee's weapons are made like normal swords in that world. Are you saying that the average Naruto world sword is better than the average One Piece world sword?

I never said their fight would end in their swords shattering. This was a 'what if' scenario, could Mihawk shatter Killer Bee's swords. Bee with his swords and lightning chakra and Mihawk with his sword and haki(possibly even using kenbunshoku to find the best time to shatter them).

May 20, 2014 8:01 PM

Jul 2013
mclovinballz said:
Ryougi Shiki, sorry, but my waifu could kick anybody's (Except Inferno Cop) ass. Mystic Eyes of Death Perception OP.

Can Shiki kill Servants?
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
May 20, 2014 8:03 PM

Apr 2011
Kenshin Himura

Best swordsman

Best character

Best everything
May 20, 2014 8:46 PM

Sep 2013
I like Kenshin the most.
May 20, 2014 10:26 PM

Sep 2013
These threads always give me a cancer.

I have never understood people arguing over which is the strongest character... there really is no way of measuring that, since different animeworlds have often different laws of how everything works.
May 21, 2014 3:44 AM
May 2009
Hmmmmmm...... To many.

Best swordsmen Ideally would be the Saint of Swords. Though I doubt many know who that is, since its a Chinese Character.

I could make a quick list:

Himura Kenshin - even before he Learn the Ougi.
Okita Souji - Either Gintama or Other anime versions.
Hijikata Toshizou - Gintama or Others. Especially shura no Toki version.
Musashi - Shura no Toki version.
Two guys from - Shigurui.
Zoro - Guy gets better and better.
Killer Bee - get got mad moves.
Mihawk - Kengo of One Piece World.
Nanashi - Sword of Stranger.
Luolang - Sword of Stranger.
Yagyuu Juubei - Shura no Toki.
Saber - Fate Stay Zero.
Gintoki - Gintama, Guy just fights like a brute, and its awesome.
Guts - Guys sword technique and skills are again insane.
May 21, 2014 3:54 AM

Apr 2011
shintai88 said:
Hmmmmmm...... To many.

Best swordsmen Ideally would be the Saint of Swords. Though I doubt many know who that is, since its a Chinese Character.

Saber - Fate Stay Zero.

You put Kenshin, but not Hiko Seijuro or Shishio?
May 21, 2014 4:00 AM

May 2014
yhunata said:
shintai88 said:
Hmmmmmm...... To many.

Saber - Fate Stay Zero.

for real lol, shishio should be in that list and hiko too xD
May 21, 2014 4:02 AM
May 2009
Nephiz said:
yhunata said:
shintai88 said:
Hmmmmmm...... To many.

Saber - Fate Stay Zero.

for real lol, shishio should be in that list and hiko too xD

Couldn't remember their names.
May 21, 2014 6:15 AM

Jan 2014
Cloud Strife is 'objectvely' the best swords man.

Big god damn sword. Seven goddamn swords.

NOBODY had better looking movies than him ever. No. Body.
That movie was the god of choreography.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2014 6:23 AM

Mar 2012
kanno_ said:

You bet. If Kubo writes the story of Ichigo vs The Truth, it would be revealed that Ichigo actually has the power of God or a descendant of the God itself. Pretty much like the BS in every arc.

HHahaha true, but actually he don't have that power, so...

kanno_ said:

Haki is power, but it's not superpower. Haki is described as a power can be found in every living being, especially BnH and KnH which are not something special and can be awakened through training. And why did you bring up haki? That has nothing to do with the "not human" or "superpower eyes" like your claim.

Power but no superpower?? There's a difference??
Btw, well someone said "no power allowed", but put Mihawk's the best. Autodenial, i don't even need to respond to that. If Mihawk is allowed, Ichigo is too.

And btw, i said "special eyes" and is not fully revealed, that is no power in his eyes(he freezes who look direct into his eyes), like Zoro had "demon/assassin eyes". But "not human", mean Sanji, Zoro, they are no human, i don't know how u can't understand that...
GoldSlashMay 21, 2014 6:28 AM
May 21, 2014 6:25 AM

Apr 2010
judals said:

Mmmm.
May 21, 2014 7:11 AM
Oct 2013
goldslash said:
Power but no superpower?? There's a difference??

Yes, there is. What I meant by superpower is supernatural power, which is some sort of magical ability that transcends what normal people can do, eg: the ability to fly, teleportation, etc. Meanwhile power is... voltage x current.

Nah, seriously, you seem like having different opinion than mine about this, let's just agree to disagree.
Btw, well someone said "no power allowed", but put Mihawk's the best.
Maybe he meant "no super power allowed".

Autodenial, i don't even need to respond to that. If Mihawk is allowed, Ichigo is too.
Sure, if you think so.

And btw, i said "special eyes" and is not fully revealed, that is no power in his eyes(he freezes who look direct into his eyes), like Zoro had "demon/assassin eyes".
I think it was just an exaggerated version of death glare.

But "not human", mean Sanji, Zoro, they are no human, i don't know how u can't understand that...
Yes I don't understand why human with extraordinary strength can't be human.
May 21, 2014 7:17 AM

Sep 2013
Mattogen said:
Ruka from Steins;Gate, no doubt about it.
Who's ruka?
May 21, 2014 7:26 AM
Oct 2013
Yamamoto Takeshi form Katekyo Hitman Reborn
May 21, 2014 7:29 AM

Mar 2012
kanno_ said:

Yes, there is. What I meant by superpower is supernatural power, which is some sort of magical ability that transcends what normal people can do, eg: the ability to fly, teleportation, etc. Meanwhile power is... voltage x current.

Whose normal people??
Ah i forgot that i've haki, just isn't trained yet...Still is supernatural dude.

Maybe he meant "no super power allowed".

Okay...

Yes I don't understand why human with extraordinary strength can't be human.

"Extraordinary"?? When u say extraordinary i mean supernatural.
In mugiwara's crew i still consider Nami, Usopp as human.
May 21, 2014 8:47 AM

Sep 2013
Kimp said:
Old_Raven said:

It was Luffy's 'special' ability of replying on people around him. No one but only Mihawk recognizes his ability, which automatically makes him the best. So many people helped Luffy during his fight with Mihawk which were Jinbe, Iva, Vista, Crocodile, Daz Bone, Buggy, etc.

I was referring to when Mihawk slashed across the entire battlefield in an attempt to hit Luffy and still missed.
May 21, 2014 9:16 AM

Dec 2013
Well, the best swordsman is none other than DRACULE MIHAWK.
His sword art is really good even and his personality is awesome...He keeps his cool at all times , his sword is magnificent and the way he moves with the sword to attack has no similar example to another swordsman in the anime that I have watched.
Mind-freakMay 21, 2014 9:24 AM
May 21, 2014 8:15 PM

Apr 2011
Mr7Beans said:
Valaskjalf said:
Kenshin Himura

Best swordsman

Best character

Best everything

Not his voice.

Which one ?
May 21, 2014 9:17 PM

Jul 2013
Valaskjalf said:
Mr7Beans said:
Valaskjalf said:
Kenshin Himura

Best swordsman

Best character

Best everything

Not his voice.

Which one ?

Probably the seiyuu. Her performance is good for what it is, but her voice just doesn't fit a 28 year old man, even if he is a little feminine looking.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
May 21, 2014 9:36 PM

Jan 2014
antonn said:
judals said:

Mmmm.

Yeah that was awesome, I love when he was hanging by the sword.

Check out the battle in the forest or tifa vs loz or the bike chase scenes. Epic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2014 3:51 AM

Dec 2013
best swordsman? ichigo. no contest.
why? he kill you just by randomly swinging his blade
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
May 22, 2014 5:10 AM

Apr 2011
SlowDancer said:

Meh, Kizaru would blind him, blitz him and cut him down with his beam sword within a nano-second.

judals said:

Nay, Sephiroth's better. It's still amazing that very few movies can come close to the level of animation that SquareEnix brought with FF:AC.
May 22, 2014 10:28 AM

Mar 2012
yhunata said:
SlowDancer said:

Meh, Kizaru would blind him, blitz him and cut him down with his beam sword within a nano-second.

Kizaru isn't a swordman... And he is not that fast, Rayleigh is not that fast and hold him...
Ichigo it's fast enough to hold Kizaru and kill him, Kizaru die from Ichigo's pressure, Kizaru it's a bug compared to Ichigo.
May 22, 2014 10:47 AM

Apr 2014
if we just go by pure swordsmanship without any power maybe Gintoki or Mugen
Life is Fun! Yeah,try chanting that 10,000 times each day!
it will mess with your head,and all your pain will disappear
May 22, 2014 10:52 AM

Jan 2014
yhunata said:
SlowDancer said:

judals said:

Nay, Sephiroth's better. It's still amazing that very few movies can come close to the level of animation that SquareEnix brought with FF:AC.

Sephiroth fight was epic but not on the same level of choreography as the bike scene, Kadaj fight and forest fight.

His and Bahamut's battles were more about spectacle.
May 22, 2014 12:53 PM

Mar 2012
Eutass said:
Oi, goldslash... why do you think Ichigo can beat Mihawk? What proof do you have? And does Ichigo has better personality than him? Prove by picturing the fight....

UHUHSSUDAHHDSAU BR BR? HDSAISAHI BR BR? (zuera vei, mas esse oi aí é estranho)
Joke...

Well Mihawk does have better personality, he is much more cool than Ichigo's.
But Ichigo is much more powerfull, i don't consider Ichigo's power a superpower, but still is supernatural, like Sanji's kick is supernatural...

I think Mihawk can surpass Ichigo's speed, maybe iff he predict his move with haki and his eye, he don't have the speed to deflect... He cannot do nothing to prevent Ichigo's speed.
And cannot deflect a bunch of Ichigo's attacks.
Also by Ichigo being a Shinigami, he emanes pressure, that put Mihawk in grand pain.

But Mihawk, was one of the bests swordman.
May 22, 2014 1:29 PM
May 2014
I think Sakata Gintoki is one of the best
He is super strong and defeats everyone with just his wooden sword
And dont forget that he is being called Shiroyasha
May 22, 2014 11:42 PM

Oct 2013
goldslash said:
Eutass said:
Oi, goldslash... why do you think Ichigo can beat Mihawk? What proof do you have? And does Ichigo has better personality than him? Prove by picturing the fight....

Joke...

But Ichigo is much more powerfull, i don't consider Ichigo's power a superpower, but still is supernatural, like Sanji's kick is supernatural...

I think Mihawk can surpass Ichigo's speed, maybe iff he predict his move with haki and his eye, he don't have the speed to deflect... He cannot do nothing to prevent Ichigo's speed.
Also by Ichigo being a Shinigami, he emanes pressure, that put Mihawk in grand pain.

Well, I have only watched Bleach till episode number 64 so I am not sure how strong he really becomes. But Mihawk can easily beat the Ichigo I know.

You only mentioned speed but have you seen Mihawk's actual speed? Don't underestimate it. Remember how he cut Buggy into so many parts in a mere second.

I don't know as I haven't seen all of Bleach.
But you are the only person who said Ichigo. If Ichigo gets more votes, your statements will become more believable.
May 22, 2014 11:55 PM

May 2012
Luke Skywalker

I mean, cmon the lightsaber can go through their weapon.
May 23, 2014 1:37 AM

Apr 2013
Twilight Suzuka
Just throwing her name out there. Not enough women are represented in this thread.
May 23, 2014 1:42 AM

Mar 2014
Eutass said:
goldslash said:
Eutass said:

Joke...

Well, I have only watched Bleach till episode number 64 so I am not sure how strong he really becomes. But Mihawk can easily beat the Ichigo I know.

You only mentioned speed but have you seen Mihawk's actual speed? Don't underestimate it. Remember how he cut Buggy into so many parts in a mere second.

I don't know as I haven't seen all of Bleach.
But you are the only person who said Ichigo. If Ichigo gets more votes, your statements will become more believable.

May 23, 2014 1:45 AM

Jan 2014
Basically all swordsmen with Observation Haki are already having a huge advantage over any other swordsman. By predicting every move of their opponent, they can exhaust their enemy by letting them use up all their stamina and THEN strike with full force.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do people "self-insert" with weak characters

Anjuro - May 31

39 by Hohohohomo »»
3 minutes ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

89 by ColourWheel »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you agree that One Piece being the top 1 currently airing anime suggests this Spring is weak?

18927 - Today

29 by TitanOfPlasma »»
18 minutes ago

» Anime peaked in 1998

Iron_Leopard - 5 hours ago

13 by APolygons2 »»
18 minutes ago

» A character who is impossible to love?

torsan88 - Today

27 by FanofAction »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.