Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Aug 15, 2009 1:15 PM

Jul 2008
Mikiyo said:
Sealkid said:

If only she would look like this on this season instead of the shitty K-On! style ._.

^^ the animation was from Clannad.
Aug 15, 2009 2:21 PM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
Now we're just being haters...most of this season has been creatively directed and wonderfully animated. One mediocre episode comes out and everyone's talking about K-on style and it's just not true.

People here keep forgetting that each anime series has it's own animation style. One is no better than another.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Aug 15, 2009 3:18 PM

Jul 2009
CinemaZebra said:
necrojesta said:
Why do people like haruhi? Its a terrible show, i'm just watching this out of obligation since I finished the first season which was also terrible.
Yeah. You just can't stop watching it even though you think it's terrible. That makes sense.

agreed
Aug 15, 2009 5:26 PM

Apr 2008
Morkand-san said:
That's right noteDhero. Why does everyone are busy hating the animation style while they should be thankful that the 10th episode was better than the whole Endless8 ?

Still doesn't take much to please you. What i see you saying is "oh this episode was awesome just because it wasn't an EE" that is still what i see over many times i reread what you write, its like putting haruhi on a pedestal and over rating everything just because its haruhi

sbyrstall said:
People here keep forgetting that each anime series has it's own animation style. One is no better than another.

TYPICALLY , animes are usually consistant with their animation
EE because of the repetitive story they were able to spend more time on animation however
when a new "episode" was introduced the animation dropped below satisfactory

of course you are right one is no better than the other, but the key word is consistency
Aug 16, 2009 1:17 AM

Jan 2009
Is it just me cause Haruhi kept reminding me of Yui from K-on?

OK ep, though nothing really interesting happened. I'm kinda loosing interest in this series, EE really ruined it for me, but like everyone else, I'll stick to the end.

Aug 16, 2009 1:57 AM

Aug 2009
Lvhaina, read my previous comments and see that I didn't say that it was awesome.
Aug 16, 2009 2:12 AM

May 2008
I liked very much this episode
lol at the kit for sports day, looked like samurei.
and kyons face expression XD
Aug 16, 2009 2:27 AM

May 2008
This is an awesome episode, with this i feel like the show rejuvenated back to it's original state. :D
Aug 16, 2009 2:28 AM

Oct 2008
Lvhina said:
sbyrstall said:

EE because of the repetitive story they were able to spend more time on animation however

of course you are right one is no better than the other, but the key word is consistency

^ This (bolded font by me)

The second season is not consistent with the first season of this series. At least a series like Minami-ke can blame it on seasons being produced by different studios; Haruhi has been KyoAni both seasons, yet one could guess it's two different ones based on the difference.
ironchefflipAug 16, 2009 2:32 AM
Aug 16, 2009 3:03 AM

Jan 2008
CinemaZebra said:
necrojesta said:
Why do people like haruhi? Its a terrible show, i'm just watching this out of obligation since I finished the first season which was also terrible.
Yeah. You just can't stop watching it even though you think it's terrible. That makes sense.

Oh, I SO agree. Seriously, I also think that Season 2 is much worse than S1, which I loved. But why the heck do you keep watching a sequel to something you didn't like?! And if you've got the "Oh noes, I have to finish this otherwise I'm not a cool anime fan who knows everything and can talk about everything"-feeling...
Well, then you've got way too much free time on your hands. Just so you can come here and bitch about the show.
Genius.

Morkand-san said:
Lvhaina, read my previous comments and see that I didn't say that it was awesome.

There were too many to keep track of them, and not all episode-related...xD

Episode was fine, but not breathtakingly good. I'm rather looking forward to the real movie-making. :3

Aug 16, 2009 3:55 AM

Aug 2009
Correct attitude :)
Aug 16, 2009 9:21 AM

Jul 2008
ironchefflip said:
Much like many other people commenting, I think the K-On style animation sucks. KyoAni needs to do another Key anime so they can get their character designs pretty looking again.

true.

I like the 2006 animation now.
Also, Kyoani says that, there going to announce a new Development for Haruhi.
*Already translated*
"Long summer is finally over,
And what follows is -- SURPRISING
New! Development!"
That info was from Newtype Sep. 2009 !

If you want proof than read this!
Aug 16, 2009 10:56 AM

Aug 2009
Impossible ^^
Aug 16, 2009 3:42 PM

Sep 2007
I liked this episode, it's refreshing to see something new after the endless eight arc. but I didn't find this episode amazing, just nice and as I said, refreshing. ^^
Aug 16, 2009 5:16 PM

Feb 2008
that girl has so much energy it wears me out.
Aug 16, 2009 5:20 PM

Jan 2009
Wow Season 2 is going downhill after episode 1.
Aug 16, 2009 6:22 PM

Apr 2008
BananaPeel said:

wow, stop watching it then ******!

A great episode imo
Aug 16, 2009 6:30 PM

Jul 2008
Rajden said:
BananaPeel said:

wow, stop watching it then ******!

A great episode imo

I know right.
Aug 16, 2009 7:14 PM

May 2009
Vinhthehero said:

It's a Sony

I approve, and also enjoyed the episode.
-=Dear gravity don't let me go, hold me like the winter holds the cold=-
Aug 16, 2009 8:10 PM

Jul 2009
I have a feeling that this anime is going to go downhill.. and for awhile too..
Hopefully they can pull off a great ending.. being original is nice but not if you make a fool of yourself.
Aug 16, 2009 8:16 PM

Feb 2009
'apathy syndrome'. I know that from Persona 3, but is kyon referring to something else or revealing a secretly otaku self?
My pokemon bring all the boys to the yard...
Aug 16, 2009 8:56 PM

Jun 2008

O_________O
Aug 16, 2009 9:20 PM
May 2008
I really don't mind that this isn't the most interesting arc... because I'd much rather watch this than the Endless Eight anime arc again.

Anyway, Haruhi sure does have a way with words... and fear... O__O
Also, it always appears that Asahina is mixed somewhere in between the negotiations and fear... of assault, lol.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 16, 2009 9:35 PM
Feb 2008
Wasn't a huge fan of the Sigh novel... just give me Disappearance now plz :(
Aug 16, 2009 10:24 PM
Dec 2008
evilnekohilda said:
Wasn't a huge fan of the Sigh novel... just give me Disappearance now plz :(

I agree. Sigh was kind of tedious for me. Disappearance was, simply, breathtaking.
Aug 16, 2009 11:26 PM

Feb 2008
As mentioned earlier "Sighs" is more about relationship building - seeing how the parts fit, as it were; I'm looking forward to it.

The animation style seems to be the biggest complaint around the circuit and I agree. When you had successful designs from the first series why change them? You gotta figger Japan has an equivalent of "It it ain't broke don't fix it."

And to those who are watching while all the time professing to hate or really dislike it I'll paraphrase Eddie Murphy on SNL - "If you don't like what's on, turn the damn thing off!"
Aug 17, 2009 12:11 AM

Aug 2009
chinaboat said:
As mentioned earlier "Sighs" is more about relationship building - seeing how the parts fit, as it were; I'm looking forward to it.

Same here ^^
Aug 17, 2009 2:53 AM
Dec 2008
Bleh, only thing I like is Kyon's way of story telling..

2/5.
Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 17, 2009 3:49 AM

Jul 2009
Nored said:
You are all ignorant fools.

Haruhi said, "We only get to experience our high school freshman cultural festival once" in this episode.

That's what she said in Endless Eight about freshman summer vacation.

WHOOPEE!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Aug 17, 2009 4:01 AM

Aug 2009
I'm always laughing when I see Koizumi's smiling face. He's a funny guy ^^
Aug 17, 2009 5:15 AM

Jun 2008
ironchefflip said:
Lvhina said:
sbyrstall said:

The second season is not consistent with the first season of this series. At least a series like Minami-ke can blame it on seasons being produced by different studios; Haruhi has been KyoAni both seasons, yet one could guess it's two different ones based on the difference.
You forget there are 3 years between the two series. Technology has changed and I would gather that the anime artists have also changed. I would expect there to be differences because.
Personally unless I see the first series next to the second I would make a statement but you know what, I really don't care. IMO Haruhi comes across as much cuter.

Panik-kun said:

O_________O
Hell of an inside joke. LOL

Aug 17, 2009 5:40 AM

Jan 2009
Papander said:
Bleh, only thing I like is Kyon's way of story telling..

The animation a la K-On! makes it a bit shitty.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Aug 17, 2009 6:28 AM
Dec 2008
Yuki is sweet.
Aug 17, 2009 6:34 AM

Apr 2008
At last, a different episode. I'm glad I didn't watch the series till episode 9

I also find it somehow adopted K-ON!'s animation. Well it looks cute so I don't have any problem with it.

Aug 17, 2009 8:48 AM

Jul 2009
All in all I think this was a good episode. It wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing either. As for the animation style I really don't care, and it's my guess that people who do are the sames one that won't watch really old anime simply because 'the animation is bad'.
What I am upset about is that they decided to do Sighs and not Disappearance, cause the way it's going I don't think they'll have time left to fit it in....

I'm still sad that they didn't continue Endless Eight just to see how many people they could piss off but well can't get everything you want I guess.

Close the world,
.txƎᴎ ɘht ᴎɘpO
Aug 17, 2009 12:13 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Many great Haruhi faces. Good episode overall, looking forward to see where this leads too. Oharuhi-sama was even more demanding than usual in this episode ^^.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 17, 2009 3:43 PM

Jun 2008
I found it even a little awkward watching new scenes, but I'm looking forward for more. This will go more into depth over the movie that was created, can't wait.

Haruhi<3
Aug 17, 2009 3:43 PM

Aug 2009
The ending had almost no suspence.. But that won't back me down from continue of watching
[right]

Aug 17, 2009 5:23 PM

Oct 2008
sbyrstall said:
ironchefflip said:
Lvhina said:
sbyrstall said:

You forget there are 3 years between the two series. Technology has changed and I would gather that the anime artists have also changed. I would expect there to be differences because.
Personally unless I see the first series next to the second I would make a statement but you know what, I really don't care. IMO Haruhi comes across as much cuter.

So you're saying that newer and improved technology is being used to animate this season and this tech wasn't available 3 years ago? I find that hard to believe. It's still had drawn cells as far as I can tell. Unless you can point something out being utilized that I'm missing, I'll disregard new tech as a valid reason for the difference, let alone one that shows a decrease in quality.

And according to anime news network, the director and character designer are the same people for both seasons. They are the ones in charge of general animators. There's no reason for characters to not look the same over 3 years based on staff rotation.

As for you personal bias thinking they are cuter, you're entitled to your opinion. I'm just saying that there should be no difference between seasons of this series regardless of 3 years passing. And we both agree, there is a difference (i.e lack of consistency) between the seasons. We can just agree to disagree if it's for better or worse.

-Secret- said:
...As for the animation style I really don't care, and it's my guess that people who do are the sames one that won't watch really old anime simply because 'the animation is bad'...

You're a hundred years too early to make that sort of assumption. What are some "old" anime that you've seen?
Aug 17, 2009 7:10 PM

Aug 2007
Endless Eight is over and people are still bitching about Haruhi? Guess you can't seem to please people...
Aug 17, 2009 7:51 PM

Apr 2007
Nope, especially those people who watch anime they don't like.
Aug 17, 2009 8:58 PM

Jul 2008
Mostly, Kadokawa and Kyoani made a lot of Mistakes.

1. TROLLS and More Trolls
2. 8 episodes of the same thing over and over.
3. No Disappearance
4. And Trolls.

The 2009 ver. would be much better if Kyoani or Kadokawa did 3 episodes of EE
Aug 18, 2009 3:29 AM

Apr 2008
It's....it's SIGHS?! What happened to Disappearance?!?
Aug 18, 2009 4:59 AM

Sep 2008
When Haruhi treated Asahina like a maid,Kyon said;

"So what... She thinks that all maids are supposed to be clumsy?"

ROFL
Aug 18, 2009 5:13 AM

Jun 2008
Three_Leaf_Ivy said:
It's....it's SIGHS?! What happened to Disappearance?!?
It disappeared. :p

Aug 18, 2009 7:26 AM

Jan 2008
Interesting to see the behind the scenes stuff of their movie this time around.
Aug 18, 2009 7:36 AM

Nov 2007
pyro_metal said:
Morkand-san said:
This may sound a bit lame, but could anybody explain me what does 'Sighs' reefer to?

the sighs of relief after endless eight was over.

LOL

and - IT`S REALLY OVER!!!!!
thank frikking god XD
the actual episode was nice :P though i couldn't help but get the feeling i already know how they made the movie.. OO and it`s august 18th.. endless eight anyone?
Aug 18, 2009 12:22 PM

Jun 2008
I love some of Haruhi's facial expressions. Can't wait to see the next new episode!!! :D
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Aug 18, 2009 1:20 PM
Dec 2008
EVERYONE DO THIS
lol if u keep re-watch this ep, u will come to love it more and more
im serious i re-watched like 20 times and it got better and better
and i cant wait to see next ep
Aug 18, 2009 1:49 PM

Jul 2009
kaena said:
im serious i re-watched like 20 times and it got better and better
well done!
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Fabrice - Jun 18, 2009

203 by jonnenen »»
May 27, 9:52 AM

» Sign here if you watch all eight episodes of Endless Eight. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuffleair - Aug 13, 2009

1539 by onirosama »»
May 19, 10:40 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

536 by Zucned »»
May 7, 2:46 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.