Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 17, 2013 8:24 PM

May 2012
04:00 wrong trans... it's "until where", not "for how long".

05:09 seriously, STHU, Eren

09:25 ...furasshubakku ka yo

11:20 LOL WTH, sux being same table with him LOOOL

12:26 dat kimochi warui kyojin otaku

18:28 i forgive u, short-haired girl!

19:30 kyonyuu no kyojin yo, Y U no run like a shinobi?

20:25 dat face

20:48 NOOO don't hurt her naisu badii

21:30 KONO BAKA

Ep18 >Ep19
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 17, 2013 8:26 PM
Oct 2010
eren such a halfass titan

do they actaully find out whos in it. in that last frame, it reminded me of that one girl, with the sunken eyes and short blond hair. tall broad
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 17, 2013 8:35 PM

Apr 2011
Pretty sweet episode, though most of it was flashback to him trying to learn to control his Titan powers. Still, it lets us know a bit more about how they work, that apparently he has to have a goal in mind in order to transform even partially. Then the Female Titan springs the trap and has hundreds of harpoons holding her fast! This would be a great time to kill the Titan body and find out who's inside that way, but they seem to want to do this the hard way.

Favorite anime of the year, bar none :)
Aug 17, 2013 8:36 PM

Dec 2012
Didn't like how they doubted Eren so easily, thought they would be much more calm than shouting like idiots. At least they made up for it by biting themselves and apologizing. Otherwise, good episode.
Aug 17, 2013 8:42 PM

Jul 2009
i feel sorry for her
now she's gonna be experimented on.
huehuehue doujinshi
Aug 17, 2013 9:05 PM

Jun 2013
I really wonder how those horses just ride ahead without thrashing around while a giant titan is basically making an unending earthquake right next to them.

From the second I saw that female titan close up, I'm always thinking that it could be Annie. Hope I find out next episode.
Aug 17, 2013 9:17 PM
Jun 2009
Flashback was fine but the animation outside the chase scene (and while they were talking) was far too poor, even for Kyojin 180 degree standards.
Aug 17, 2013 9:24 PM

May 2011
THE PACE WAS TOO SLOW!! or i the one who want more of shinjeki no kyojin ;), i liked the flash back and the idea of transforming Eren into a titan to hand the spoon xD well, there's nothing happened this time because the flash back destroyed the whole episode, Eren bothered me by the idea of tuning himself into a titan and the others reluctant the idea, i also liked the ost that played at the end of the flash back, it not a common thing to heat an OST like it, and the best scene was when the arrows were fired on the female titan in countless numbers, that was EPIC, i can't stop watching that scene.. lol
but it hurts as hell when you try to bite your own hand just one time and Eren bites it a lot of times.. being titan is not funny thing at all ;)
BTW, the female titan is killing the humans like you kill an flies xD and loved how speed she is even she is in a forest, she must be trained hard to reach that level
the art was good but not impressive like every time ;/ idk why..
3/5 for this episode because it was somehow boring :/
Aug 17, 2013 9:44 PM

May 2010
Levi is such a badass. I wonder how much it hurts when Eren bites on his hand but I am never gonna ever try it. I don't like unneeded pain xD Crazy Hanji, hell yeah. God, she is lovable. Such a long flashback... Awesome episode though.
Aug 17, 2013 9:48 PM

Jun 2011
But why didn't they set the trap early in the path? I'm sure they'd have save some casualities =/

I actually liked the flashback, Hanjii! <3
Aug 17, 2013 10:00 PM

May 2013
Moral of the story be careful not to drop your spoon unless you want everyone to get seriously mad at you. Episode was good but a bit too much flashback for me.
Aug 17, 2013 10:04 PM

Aug 2011
ikazuuyr said:
But why didn't they set the trap early in the path? I'm sure they'd have save some casualities =/

I actually liked the flashback, Hanjii! <3

you'll find out in the next episode
Aug 17, 2013 10:22 PM

Jul 2013
Intense. Many people are commenting on how the spoon flashback was funny, but I thought it was far more thoughtful and intense than funny.

OMG the part when the squad all bit their hands to apologize to and show solidarity with Eren. Best part of the episode for me.

This anime is simply epic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2013 10:42 PM

Nov 2010
Considering the other intelligent titans could break the walls I get the feeling the female titan is just gonna flex and break out and start fucking people up again.

I also would have rather seen the female titan and eren titan duke it out. *Sigh* I'll just keep hoping for a super hype intelligent titan slugfest before this is all over.
Aug 17, 2013 11:29 PM

Aug 2013
Why do people require action to enjoy an episode.. It was slightly slow, but it's being faithful to the manga, and I actually think it's kind of important as a flashback.
Aug 17, 2013 11:32 PM

Apr 2013
That bitch, its time to take what she deserves
The Heart
Signature Background Created By Tite Kubo
All right reserved

Aug 17, 2013 11:40 PM

Aug 2012
Lol Hanjis' appearance was great
Aug 17, 2013 11:48 PM

Aug 2012
ErenxMikasa said:
Why do people require action to enjoy an episode.. It was slightly slow, but it's being faithful to the manga, and I actually think it's kind of important as a flashback.

Because this anime's widespread appeal can even affect the impatient, even if this anime's overall pacing (veeery, very slow, personal and in-you-face) is targeting those who have enough patience to appreciate its setting. That's why this anime has many 'bad pacing' complaints, not because the people themselves who hate this are really impatient (who are we to judge, anyways) but it just goes with the fact that they can't adapt to the pacing that SnK has set itself in.

Problem is, the in-your-face-ness of the each setpiece in SnK is just too damn good that even the brainless can take one look at it and cause them an adrenaline rush, making them look for more. Because of that, they go through the whole anime, even if they can't stand the pacing, just to look for each and every setpiece in it. So yeah, that's why many people can say that every build-up episode in this anime is boring and such.
Aug 17, 2013 11:55 PM

Nov 2012
That ending!!!!!
I still have goosebumps since watching it!!!!

And can't wait for the next episode, this is going to be the episode!!!!

*_* *_* *_*
Aug 18, 2013 12:01 AM

Apr 2013
Best part for me in this episode

"Have faith in us.." OST with the girl singing starts *goosebumps*
Aug 18, 2013 12:03 AM

Jan 2010
lulz

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Aug 18, 2013 12:06 AM

Nov 2012
Sourire said:
Best part for me in this episode

"Have faith in us.." OST with the girl singing starts *goosebumps*

I still have goosebumps since watching that scene!!!!
Aug 18, 2013 12:15 AM

Apr 2010
I'm not prepared for the next episode. T_T
Aug 18, 2013 12:18 AM

Aug 2013
2 more episodes before I get to be depressed.. probably. Oh well.
Aug 18, 2013 12:18 AM

Mar 2013
iLostReason said:
Question to manga readers.Is there enough manga material to make another 2 cour SnK season with pacing we are having now?

no right now at most we have enough for 1 cour, we need a year or two for it have enough material for 2 cour. Id even want it to wait even longer so we can have material for a 3rd season. :/ but we'd be talking about a 2-3 year wait lol so yeah....
Aug 18, 2013 12:49 AM
Feb 2009
shiet nice trap
Aug 18, 2013 12:49 AM

Sep 2012
So the chasing finally ends, now we will see who was the FT

I don't like this episode, i'm waiting Eren to be an titan but he didn't do it.

Still Hanji creeps me out but she make me laugh on experimenting Eren's titan form.

Elite60 said:
Who knew a spoon would have a big role.

I knew.

I think something happen with Erwin on the preview.
Aug 18, 2013 12:50 AM
May 2012
I don't know what to say this anime is really awesome I'm having goosebumps most of the time and the OST's are fuckin epic!! I'm starting to like Levi's character and I like Petra.

I can't wait for the next episode and season 2!!
TengaiAug 18, 2013 12:56 AM
Aug 18, 2013 12:51 AM

May 2012
ErenxMikasa said:
2 more episodes before I get to be depressed.. probably. Oh well.

Aug 18, 2013 1:02 AM
Jan 2012
Raiden_ said:
lulz

wow they reused this allot of times xD but i don't mind it, why would they draw it again when they can do this
Aug 18, 2013 1:06 AM
Jan 2012

xD when he started talking I started laughing like crazy :) because he has the same voice actor as Kondo from gintama :D
Aug 18, 2013 1:25 AM

Aug 2008
I love Hange's VA she sounds so GENUINELY enthusiastic and emotional every time she shows up. So perfect for such an insane character.
Aug 18, 2013 1:29 AM

Aug 2013
Another talking episode with so little action... and another cliff hanger yet again.

But good job Erwin Commander for the capture!
Aug 18, 2013 1:33 AM

Jul 2013
Raiden_ said:
lulz

Man, animation short cuts really get on my nerves. I never noticed this though, so I'll let the studio off the hook. I kinda actually like how sneaky these shortcuts are lol.

But if they end up producing more of the laziness we got from ep 13 (Jean flying through air, Annie shortcuts, purple bricks, 10 FPS Levi, ruined what was meant to be climatic for me >_<), then I'll have to rate this show down in the animation department, unless they fix these issues of course.

Durbikins said:
Are they serious with that fence and path animation?

Although I don't agree with you on this episode being the worst in terms of animation (frick'in ep 13), I do have to say that looks real shoddy when seen in isolation. Thank god the scene kinda rushed by me too quickly to notice. It doesn't bother me too much.

Overall, I am pleased to see that this episode was not completely flashback (somehow I thought it would be). I didn't hate the flashback either. Got the feels during the 'Trust us' part, nice OST placement as usual. SNK pacing as always (pretty use to it now, but still). 4/5.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Aug 18, 2013 1:47 AM

Sep 2012
Raiden_ said:
lulz

Imo, this is one of the best ways to save money.
Aug 18, 2013 2:27 AM

Jan 2011
Particularly if you are already short of animators. Even the best shows have a budget limit and time constraints they have to work within. Granted that SnK is having wildly successful sales, but you can't count on that when you are building your workplan and deadlines (or apportioning the budget). We know that when they put in the resources the result is fantastic (and it sounds like we have an episode or two coming up where we'll see that investment). For an episode like this one--basically a long chase through the forest and a flashback--I'm quite prepared to let the dialogue and story carry the load, and save the animation budget for the key action that's still to come.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 18, 2013 2:27 AM

Oct 2012
Commander Erwin seems so heartless, when Levi said that men died he just said 'is that so'.
Aug 18, 2013 2:30 AM

Apr 2008
Vodkas said:
Commander Erwin seems so heartless, when Levi said that men died he just said 'is that so'.

Sacrifices needed to be made to come to this point. It might seem cold but men like that get things done while politicians crap themselves in the plush seats.
Aug 18, 2013 2:50 AM

Dec 2012
Stark700 said:
Thritraius said:
Stark700 said:
Does anyone know the name of the OST played during the chase scene during the second half of the episode?

I think the one you're talking about is bauklötze?

This one?

I need to rewatch again to confirm but I think you might be right.

What is up with this anime's obsession with German soundtracks?
This was epic though, even the flashback.
Aug 18, 2013 2:57 AM
Mar 2010
Really good episode, glad to see an anime go for the realistic side rather than caving into an action scene between eren and the female titan. Very enjoyable and the ost once again, was just amazing.
Aug 18, 2013 3:17 AM

Oct 2011
This is stupid, the female titan arc is taking up too much time , the pacing in this episode was terrible ESPECIALLY because it's only 25 episodes for this season.

I also hate the fact that that are more seasons than just one. Just give SnK 80 episodes and the pacing would've been alright.

As for what's coming up the next episodes...
Aug 18, 2013 3:18 AM

Aug 2011
CandyRat said:
Stark700 said:
Thritraius said:
Stark700 said:
Does anyone know the name of the OST played during the chase scene during the second half of the episode?

I think the one you're talking about is bauklötze?

This one?

I need to rewatch again to confirm but I think you might be right.

What is up with this anime's obsession with German soundtracks?
This was epic though, even the flashback.

I am German and have no idea what she sings (in the episode I didn't even realize it was German...) Same goes with the second opening...
Still a pretty nice and sweet song
Aug 18, 2013 3:31 AM
Nov 2008
Chu2byou said:
This is stupid, the female titan arc is taking up too much time , the pacing in this episode was terrible ESPECIALLY because it's only 25 episodes for this season.

I also hate the fact that that are more seasons than just one. Just give SnK 80 episodes and the pacing would've been alright.

haters gonna hate.

dat soundtrack and ending
Aug 18, 2013 3:35 AM

Oct 2011
dadihu said:
Chu2byou said:

haters gonna hate.

dat soundtrack and ending

No, I am not a hater. I love Shingeki no Kyojin. I know what's coming because I've read the manga. I am reluctant to do this, but if you want I can underpin my argument with why it's going to suck.
Aug 18, 2013 3:39 AM

Apr 2008
Chu2byou said:

It was never going to catch up to the latest chapter. The safest part was always the reveal at the end of this arc. Get over it.
Aug 18, 2013 3:41 AM

Sep 2008
Ending card! *.*

OMG! Such great episode!
I can't hold on to the next episode!

I don't want read manga to lose this pleasure with watching anime,
but... I want know what's gonna to happen next!
This is so damn good!

And this soundtrack! *.*

Love SNK!
Aug 18, 2013 3:43 AM

Oct 2011
Darklight0303 said:

It was never going to catch up to the latest chapter. The safest part was always the reveal at the end of this arc. Get over it.

I will get over it, it's just a huge bummer for me right now.
Aug 18, 2013 3:54 AM

Aug 2013
pretty cool episode that makes you excited for the next one. can't wait to see who's the person controlling that titan oh boy stay tuned
Aug 18, 2013 3:57 AM

Jan 2012
Krissirk said:
This series seriously needs more than 25 episodes.

in another year or 2 when the manga make more chapter,i'm sure we'll get a second season
Aug 18, 2013 4:13 AM

Aug 2012
Good episode, loved Hanji. I was quite surprised at the end, and screamend ERWIN DANCHOU.
Welp, the next episode 's gonna be good.. I hope.. It's titeld fucking FEEL..

4/5
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anya from Spy x Family can solo the Rumbling ( 1 2 )

someguy - Yesterday

51 by KWilke »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.