Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 17, 2012 9:21 AM

Jun 2012
NicoleB said:
XR said:
And yes thats exactly what is nicole, a girl not liking the bloke back so frienzones them, that's what friendzoning IS. I dont exactly get what your shooting for here.

All that is, is a case of somene not liking someone that way.

That doesn't mean that something can't develop later, this myth about the friend zone is like you become friends and that's it, you're forever the friend.

It's totally wrong.

jesus just wiki it

"In popular culture, the "friend zone" refers to a platonic relationship where one person wishes to enter into a romantic relationship while the other does not." its as simple as that.

It doesn't have to be a conscious decision by the girl to actually do it, despite what you think it still happens.
XRSep 17, 2012 9:24 AM
Sep 17, 2012 9:23 AM

Aug 2012
XR said:
NicoleB said:
XR said:
And yes thats exactly what is nicole, a girl not liking the bloke back so frienzones them, that's what friendzoning IS. I dont exactly get what your shooting for here.

That doesn't mean that something can't develop later, this myth about the friend zone is like you become friends and that's it, you're forever the friend.

It's totally wrong.

jesus just wiki it

"In popular culture, the "friend zone" refers to a platonic relationship where one person wishes to enter into a romantic relationship while the other does not." its as simple as that.

It doesn't have to be a conscious decision by the girl to actually do it.

They made a wiki for the friend zone?
Sep 17, 2012 9:24 AM

Mar 2012
one-more-time said:
Teens discussing relationships. It's entertaining.

People using someone else's age to ignore actually discussing what they are saying.

Is amusing.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 9:24 AM

Jun 2012
Kira-oniisan said:
XR said:
NicoleB said:
XR said:

It's totally wrong.

jesus just wiki it

They made a wiki for the friend zone?

standard
Sep 17, 2012 9:25 AM

Mar 2012
XR said:
jesus just wiki it

It doesn't have to be a conscious decision by the girl to actually do it, despite what you think it still happens.

Everything on Wiki is the truth.

I don't believe in it, simple as that.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 9:28 AM

Jun 2011
XR said:
jesus just wiki it

That doesn't mean it's the girl's fault. It's pathetic when people complain about the friend zone, because it's simply a one-sided crush.

The way some guys talk like they feel they are the only one entitled to that girl, disregarding her own feelings. Not what I would describe as a "nice guy".
Sep 17, 2012 9:29 AM

Jun 2012
NicoleB said:
XR said:
jesus just wiki it

Everything on Wiki is the truth.

I don't believe in it, simple as that.

wow its like reasoning with a 5 year old. Its a simply a reference to when one person wants to move the relationship forward when the other wants to keep it as a friendship, or are you denying that ever happens.....ever? Also this is not exclusive to a girl not wanting a relationship, it can swing either way. Although it tends to be the men who get "friendzoned". I say this because i apparently friendzoned a girl at school. no idea i had done it at the time because she hadnt told me she liked me.

I am not citing wiki as a serious academic article, simply as a reference to what the term means, something you seem unable to grasp. Thats all it it is, a term to describe a certain situation.
Sep 17, 2012 9:31 AM

Mar 2012
It's a stupid term.

Narmy put it perfectly, it's like you simple blame it on some "friend zone", if the girl doesn't feel the same way.

No sorry, even if you weren't friends the outcome with be the same.

So I guess that's the "not friends just a random person" zone?
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 9:32 AM

Mar 2012
It's an excuse guys use, it's not a real thing, don't be scared to actually be friends first.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 9:34 AM

Jun 2012
NicoleB said:
It's a stupid term.

Narmy put it perfectly, it's like you simple blame it on some "friend zone", if the girl doesn't feel the same way.

so in the end it just comes down to your distaste for a certain term/word rather than it not happening.

NicoleB said:
It's an excuse guys use, it's not a real thing, don't be scared to actually be friends first.

omg ive already said more often than not it works to your benefit to actually get to know the person before you commit to a relationship.

You are like a blinkered horse, i can see why so many people choose to wind you up on these forums.

Its like a little kid throwing a tantrum because she doesnt like something.

XRSep 17, 2012 9:40 AM
Sep 17, 2012 9:36 AM

Mar 2012
XR said:
NicoleB said:
It's a stupid term.

so in the end it just comes down to you distaste for a certain term/word rather than it not happening.

No, as I said in my last post.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 9:36 AM

Apr 2011
Boom.
Sep 17, 2012 9:37 AM

Mar 2012
GloriousHawk said:
Boom.

I remember watching that, was a good video.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 9:37 AM

Feb 2010
NicoleB said:

People using someone else's age to ignore actually discussing what they are saying.

Is amusing.

What's more amusing is that you speak like you know every single girl/woman. And that you can say "No, we are not like that!".

You should take a deeper look in real world. All I see is rainbow farting Unicorn, when it comes to your posts.
LUL
Sep 17, 2012 9:38 AM

Sep 2008
XR said:
Jigero said:
Guys who use the "nice guys finish last" to describe them selves aren't really nice guys there just boring benign introverted idiots with zero social skills with borderline personality disorder.

Not really i used to think the same thing, but infact it was simply "awkward lanky spotty guy finishes last". Luckily most people grow out of that phase, and the majority of "good looking" blokes who got all the girls when you were younger tend to go downhill after.

They really don't, actual nice guys are warm welcoming out going, make people feel comfortable and can make anyone feel like a friend, I've seen ugly fat dudes who are like this and they got laid more then any good looking guy in highschool and got married pretty much right after college.

a Friend of mine in Highschool literally looked like the Comic Book guy from the Simpsons, He loved Anime, was the President of the computer club and his closets friends where goths and nerds, But he was a really nice guy EVERYONE knew who he was just by mentioning his name and everyone was always inviting him to parties and he always had a girlfriend.

Now he's married to an beautiful Indian girl who's a an Aerospace engineer.

The people who are the "nice guys finish last" types are usually emotional dependent, awkward, needy, clingy and always seeking emotional attention, that would make anyone feel awkward and uncomfortable just talking to them.

If your not good looking then you can easily make up for it in other areas, but being ugly and having an crappy personality a death sentence.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Sep 17, 2012 9:41 AM

Feb 2008
one-more-time said:
NicoleB said:

Is amusing.

What's more amusing is that you speak like you know every single girl/woman. And that you can say "No, we are not like that!".

You should take a deeper look in real world. All I see is rainbow farting Unicorn, when it comes to your posts.
More like pre-teen feminazi but let's not get into specifics.
Sep 17, 2012 9:43 AM

Mar 2012
one-more-time said:

That's cool, Unicorns are nice.

And the reason I can say this is because, there is not a single girl in the entire world sitting there going..."You know, I really don't like nice people."

She doesn't exist.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 9:45 AM

Mar 2012
LolitaDecay said:
one-more-time said:
NicoleB said:

Is amusing.

More like pre-teen feminazi but let's not get into specifics.

oh its you
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 9:45 AM

Aug 2012
What I got so far:
Guys in friend zone are guys who shared their feelings to their crush, but she didn't accept them.
But:
Doesn't the same thing happen to the girls as well.
Question:
If they manage to keep their friendship after and both parts act nicely to each other is it really that much of a problem?
Sep 17, 2012 9:46 AM

Jun 2012
Jigero said:
XR said:
Jigero said:
Guys who use the "nice guys finish last" to describe them selves aren't really nice guys there just boring benign introverted idiots with zero social skills with borderline personality disorder.

Not really i used to think the same thing, but infact it was simply "awkward lanky spotty guy finishes last". Luckily most people grow out of that phase, and the majority of "good looking" blokes who got all the girls when you were younger tend to go downhill after.

They really don't, actual nice guys are warm welcoming out going, make people feel comfortable and can make anyone feel like a friend, I've seen ugly fat dudes who are like this and they got laid more then any good looking guy in highschool and got married pretty much right after college.

a Friend of mine in Highschool literally looked like the Comic Book guy from the Simpsons, He loved Anime, was the President of the computer club and his closets friends where goths and nerds, But he was a really nice guy EVERYONE knew who he was just by mentioning his name and everyone was always inviting him to parties and he always had a girlfriend.

Now he's married to an beautiful Indian girl who's a an Aerospace engineer.

The people who are the "nice guys finish last" types are usually emotional dependent, awkward, needy, clingy and always seeking emotional attention, that would make anyone feel awkward and uncomfortable just talking to them.

If your not good looking then you can easily make up for it in other areas, but being ugly and having an crappy personality a death sentence.

it was said in jest/from personal experience, also i was kind of going for the same thing you are, as i was that "awkward lanky spotty guy that finishes last" but i didnt.... Now i have a gorgeous gf of nearly 3 years. It was the same kind of principle. I find it hard to believe that the ugly fat dudes got laid more during highschool though. Also citing one example of one friend doesnt make it an absolute truth.

Kira-oniisan said:
What I got so far:
Guys in friend zone are guys who shared their feelings to their crush, but she didn't accept them.
But:
Doesn't the same thing happen to the girls as well.
Question:
If they manage to keep their friendship after and both parts act nicely to each other is it really that much of a problem?

Yes thats pretty much it, and as i said it can happen to girls ( my example of a girl i apparently friendzoned when i was at school)

As to the question, well yer if the person stop liking the other and the friendship continues thats fine, but its still painful.

XRSep 17, 2012 9:49 AM
Sep 17, 2012 9:47 AM

Dec 2009
NicoleB said:
one-more-time said:

And the reason I can say this is because, there is not a single girl in the entire world sitting there going..."You know, I really don't like nice people."

She doesn't exist.

Hi, I exist. You really can't generalize people with bold statements such as that.
Sep 17, 2012 9:48 AM

Mar 2012
Vesanus said:
NicoleB said:
one-more-time said:

She doesn't exist.

Hi, I exist. You really can't generalize people with bold statements such as that.

I'm glad you exist.

But I doubt very much you "hate nice people".
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 9:48 AM

Feb 2010
Vesanus said:
You really can't generalize people with bold statements such as that.

Sadly enough she does it all the time.
LUL
Sep 17, 2012 9:51 AM

Jun 2009
Someone claiming they 'hate' nice people just sounds like they're trying too hard to seem dark and edgy, in all honesty.
Sep 17, 2012 9:52 AM

Mar 2012
Trapalicious said:
Saying you hate nice people sounds just like you're trying too hard to be dark and edgy in all honestly.

Yea, I really can't take it seriously.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 9:52 AM

Mar 2012
one-more-time said:
Vesanus said:
You really can't generalize people with bold statements such as that.

Sadly enough she does it all the time.

Yes, I probably do generalise too much, but I'm right in this case.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 9:55 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Necro-sama said:
Get a waifu instead.
Sep 17, 2012 9:56 AM

Jun 2012
Trapalicious said:
Saying you hate nice people sounds just like you're trying too hard to be dark and edgy in all honestly.

i think she was joking. Also Nicole is missing the point, we are not saying that girls purposefully date dicks. But more often than not at their age (17) will choose looks over personality ( its isnt and absolute truth for every person, but it happens a lot) It just seems that a lot of the time girls will be oblivious to it/not being able to spot the obvious. ( that the guys is a knob)
Sep 17, 2012 9:58 AM

Feb 2008
NicoleB said:
oh its you
I've been in here for a while, I love lurking in threads that you post in.

<3333
Sep 17, 2012 9:59 AM

Dec 2009
I don't hate nice people. In fact, I don't hate anyone. But I do generally dislike nice people because I will always associate that with being fake.

Maybe it's because of shit I went through that shaped me to be this way, but I'm positive there are tons of girls like me. Not even trying to sound "cool" or "edgy," it's how I am.
Sep 17, 2012 9:59 AM

Mar 2012
XR said:
Trapalicious said:

i think she was joking. Also Nicole is missing the point, we are not saying that girls purposefully date dicks. But more often than not at their age (17) will choose looks over personality ( its isnt and absolute truth for every person, but it happens a lot) It just seems that a lot of the time girls will be oblivious to it/not being able to spot the obvious. ( that the guys is a knob)

How am I missing that point, when I even stated that I've dated guys based on that, that turned out to be jerks.

You even quoted the post I said that in.

However, sometimes it's just a guy labeling another guy as that because hes dating someone he wants to date.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 10:01 AM
Jul 2012
worst kitty fight ever, you guys suck.
Sep 17, 2012 10:01 AM

Mar 2012
Vesanus said:
I don't hate nice people. In fact, I don't hate anyone. But I do generally dislike nice people because I will always associate that with being fake.

Maybe it's because of shit I went through that shaped me to be this way, but I'm positive there are tons of girls like me. Not even trying to sound "cool" or "edgy," it's how I am.

But that's a wrong association, unfortunately there are fake people out there, who act all nice to your face and then when you turn around they are talking behind your back etc.

Especially girls, especially in high school there is a lot of them.

But that hasn't really got anything to do with "nice" or "nice people", since those people aren't that.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 10:02 AM

Mar 2012
loli and nicole pls b frans

Vesanus said:
I do generally dislike nice people because I will always associate that with being fake.

That's depressing.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 17, 2012 10:03 AM

Feb 2008
Post-Josh said:
Vesanus said:
I do generally dislike nice people because I will always associate that with being fake.

That's depressing.
But generally true.
Sep 17, 2012 10:03 AM

Dec 2009
NicoleB said:
Vesanus said:

But that's a wrong association, unfortunately there are fake people out there, who act all nice to your face and then when you turn around they are talking behind your back etc.

Especially girls, especially in high school there is a lot of them.

But that hasn't really got anything to do with "nice" or "nice people", since those people aren't that.

I know it is, but there isn't much I can do about it but hope for it to wear off. You can't tell a woman who was beat up by three boyfriends and is convinced that every other guy will do the same to her that she's wrong - the mental association will still linger either strongly or subtly; it just doesn't work like that (not saying I've been in that situation). Depending on the person, it'll take time for them to realize that they're truly wrong.

Hasn't happened for me yet.
Sep 17, 2012 10:07 AM

Jun 2012
NicoleB said:
XR said:
Trapalicious said:

How am I missing that point, when I even stated that I've dated guys based on that, that turned out to be jerks.

You even quoted the post I said that in.

However, sometimes it's just a guy labeling another guy as that because hes dating someone he wants to date.

You are missing the point because you think people are seriously saying that a girl ( or boy) will date a person BECAUSE they are a dick. No-one has actually seriously said that. You are just making sweeping generalisations thats all bloke who label other blokes as dicks are just sour. You are fighting against things that no one has actually said, rather what you have misinterpreted because of your train of thought.
Sep 17, 2012 10:08 AM

Jun 2012
LolitaDecay said:
Post-Josh said:
Vesanus said:

That's depressing.
But generally true.

well i dont think I'm a dick, ( is that better than saying im nice? lol)
Sep 17, 2012 10:09 AM

Dec 2011
I don't think it's like that. Nice guys usually cheat themselves by thinking they want good girl, but instead they are drawn to those "bad" girls. Honestly I am in that "nice" group and I never had problems. I am simply what I am, most important is that I am friendly, even with strangers, I don't sit quietly and just listen. When women say "We want a guy that listens" they don't mean "We want someone who can't say a word"...

And I have no idea what I wanted to say. When I think about it I'll post again xD
Sep 17, 2012 10:09 AM

Mar 2012
XR said:
You are missing the point because you think people are seriously saying that a girl ( or boy) will date a person BECAUSE they are a dick. No-one has actually seriously said that. You are just making sweeping generalisations thats all bloke who label other blokes as dicks are just sour. You are fighting against things that no one has actually said, rather what you have misinterpreted because of your train of thought.

Yea but that makes even less sense, because you can't know someone is like that until you're actually dating them and something happens that shows that.

Or if you know it before you date them, you simply don't date them.

So what even are we discussing here.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 10:30 AM

Jul 2012
I dated lots of guys who were sort-of, generally, jerks while in college (the perfect melting pot of hormones)

but i met a super sweet, nice guy in my jr. year. I married him.
Sep 17, 2012 10:43 AM

Mar 2012
LolitaDecay said:
Post-Josh said:
Vesanus said:

That's depressing.
But generally true.

Is it? I've never been under that impression. It also begs the question of whether, or not, it matters if kindness is "fake". Arguably, being kind is being kind and the motive is irrelevant.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 17, 2012 10:49 AM

May 2012
oh you're in your late teens and haven't gotten a girlfriend yet? guess you should quit now since it's too late to even try anymore. I mean it's not like you got the rest of your life left right?
Sep 17, 2012 11:02 AM

Aug 2012
Bro, you KNOW I got your back.

Sep 17, 2012 11:29 AM

May 2012
XeroCleaths said:
Bro, you KNOW I got your back.

For years, I've honestly thought 'Nice guys finish last' meant this.
Sep 17, 2012 11:33 AM

Jun 2012
Post-Josh said:
LolitaDecay said:
Post-Josh said:
Vesanus said:

That's depressing.
But generally true.

Is it? I've never been under that impression. It also begs the question of whether, or not, it matters if kindness is "fake". Arguably, being kind is being kind and the motive is irrelevant.

I agree with PJ
why would you find being kind to be associated with being fake
is that our society nowadays-if you aren't mean you aren't expressing yourself?
I always thought that people who were way too mean were being fake cause they seemed to feign anger to be cool (eg. hipsters)
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Sep 17, 2012 11:37 AM

Mar 2012
Or usually some people try being mean because they think people will make fun of them if they are kind.

I've actually heard someone say that's why they act the way they act.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 11:43 AM

Jan 2008
LolitaDecay said:
Post-Josh said:
Vesanus said:

That's depressing.
But generally true.

Not always.

You can usually tell when someone is being fake when it comes to that.

--------

And this is why I wish the search function still worked. This thread has been done before. Darn you 2012 people. :/
GunbladewarriorSep 17, 2012 11:47 AM
Sep 17, 2012 11:47 AM

May 2009
I've no idea why you can't manage to find a girlfriend, but nice guys don't finish last, and if they do, it certainly has nothing to do with them being nice.
Some teen girls think dating "bad boys" is cool, which is sorta immature, but it's mostly because they tend to show a lot of confidence whereas for some reason a lot of nice guys are less confident. Self confidence is attractive, and in general, girls are more attracted to confident guys (and even more if they're nice) than guys with low confidence.
Sep 17, 2012 11:49 AM

Dec 2009
Regicide said:

I agree with PJ
why would you find being kind to be associated with being fake
is that our society nowadays-if you aren't mean you aren't expressing yourself?
I always thought that people who were way too mean were being fake cause they seemed to feign anger to be cool (eg. hipsters)

Because of instances I've been through, a seed planted itself in my mind somewhere that everyone that is seemingly nice is acting fake and is judging you.

I'm just speaking for myself, though. I'm a very closed person irl because I want to avoid being judged even if the person has no intentions of doing so. Maybe I just have some sort of weird social anxiety, who knows.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» why is being idealistic always considered as a taboo in this world?

FruitPunchBaka - 7 hours ago

5 by JaniSIr »»
18 minutes ago

» Real Life Shipping: Have you ever done it or had it happen to you?

TheBlockernator - 5 hours ago

7 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
32 minutes ago

» Anime convention stories

PAPOrr - Apr 19, 2023

23 by SmugMiri »»
35 minutes ago

» My recent piano practice

philtecturophy - Jun 4

11 by philtecturophy »»
44 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

62 by _Ako_ »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.