Forum Settings
Forums

What's the dumbest/most embarrassing reason you've ever watched or refused to watch an anime?

New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 15, 2011 8:47 PM

Feb 2009
I haven't watched Legend of the Galactic Heroes because it seems like all the fans of the series are on a high horse, it really turns me off of it... That, and the art is bloody ugly.

I also won't watch One Piece because of the art. I freaking HATE it.
Nov 15, 2011 9:00 PM

Aug 2010
Kipcha said:
I haven't watched Legend of the Galactic Heroes because it seems like all the fans of the series are on a high horse, it really turns me off of it... That, and the art is bloody ugly.

I also won't watch One Piece because of the art. I freaking HATE it.

Dear lord, how horrifying.
Nov 15, 2011 11:19 PM

Nov 2011
i just really dont like NARUTO because the plot is easy to predict
Nov 16, 2011 12:25 AM

Jan 2010
i stop watching fate/stay night because how good fate/zero is. (i only watch 8 episode when fate /zero was air)
Nov 16, 2011 1:44 AM

Sep 2011
fluttershy said:
I stopped watching Sacred Seven as soon as the Main girl glomped in Main Guy in the opening. I hate bratty, clingy girls.

Yikes. Of all the valid reasons to drop the series, that one's pretty wild.
Nov 16, 2011 9:52 AM

Sep 2010
ciddypoo said:
fluttershy said:
I stopped watching Sacred Seven as soon as the Main girl glomped in Main Guy in the opening. I hate bratty, clingy girls.

Didn't the OP to Sacred Seven just show the main girl and guy reaching out and grabbing each others hand? THere's no hugging, jumping on, or "glomping" in the version of the OP I have. I can enjoy a laugh or two over a stupid reason to not watch a show but outright making up shit isn't funny.

Nov 16, 2011 10:04 AM

Aug 2011
i cant watch xxxholic. the characters are fricken noodles

although i might give it a try someday cuz the story does seem interesting
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Nov 16, 2011 10:26 AM

Feb 2009
Anime_Name said:
ciddypoo said:
fluttershy said:

Didn't the OP to Sacred Seven just show the main girl and guy reaching out and grabbing each others hand? THere's no hugging, jumping on, or "glomping" in the version of the OP I have. I can enjoy a laugh or two over a stupid reason to not watch a show but outright making up shit isn't funny.

There is a scene in the opening where she jumps out of the car to grab onto the guy's neck and hangs on there while he's driving the motorcycle...

At 0:46. It's there again at 1:16 as well.
Nov 16, 2011 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
I don't watch anime like One piece, Naruto and Bleach because they are too long for me (i generally watch anime with about 12 or 24 episodes).
Nov 16, 2011 10:52 AM

Sep 2010
Kipcha said:
Anime_Name said:
ciddypoo said:
fluttershy said:

There is a scene in the opening where she jumps out of the car to grab onto the guy's neck and hangs on there while he's driving the motorcycle...

At 0:46. It's there again at 1:16 as well.

Odd, I never saw it really. I just plugged "sacred seven intro" into YT and got this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xt4ncQ-1Ow
Oh well..

Dec 14, 2011 7:22 PM
Sep 2011
I watched Higurashi because of Satoko. Someone showed me a clip of the scene where she gets beaten up in the classroom. Broke my heart it did.

I refuse to watch Hidamari Sketch because of Madoka Magica.
It's made by Studio Shaft.
With Ume Aoki's character designs. Wideface.
Kaori Mizuhashi voices Mami.
Yuno is said to be the basis for Madoka's character.
Dec 14, 2011 7:52 PM

Sep 2011
I dropped Ladies vs Butlers because through most of the first episode it looked like they didn't have noses. :P
Dec 14, 2011 8:02 PM

Nov 2009
RLinksoul said:
I watched Higurashi because of Satoko. Someone showed me a clip of the scene where she gets beaten up in the classroom. Broke my heart it did.

I refuse to watch Hidamari Sketch because of Madoka Magica.
It's made by Studio Shaft.
With Ume Aoki's character designs. Wideface.
Kaori Mizuhashi voices Mami.
Yuno is said to be the basis for Madoka's character.

Then you must be wrong ...
Dec 14, 2011 8:02 PM

Sep 2011
Saetia said:
I stopped watching Fate/stay night for awhile because the OP changed -_-

When I started again Shirou still sucked.

He did. But that's because it's made by Studio DEEN, 90% of what they make sucks. I heard good things about him in the Visual Novels

blubberflub said:
i cant watch xxxholic. the characters are fricken noodles

although i might give it a try someday cuz the story does seem interesting

Artwork is quite a common problem, the whole CLAMP artstyle seems to be that way. tall(not for me), skinny, pretty faces, and bodies of noodles......

_Miko_ said:
I don't watch anime like One piece, Naruto and Bleach because they are too long for me (i generally watch anime with about 12 or 24 episodes).

Understandable. If not for me watching them since I was little I would've never watched them. before that is Detective Conan(one of THE best animes ever still ongoing), Crayon Shin-Chan, and Doraemon, oh and Chibi maroko-san since I was 6
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 14, 2011 9:42 PM
Jul 2018
i stopped watching honey and clover cuz i didnt get why guys were so infatuated with that short girl that looks like a toddler
Dec 14, 2011 9:52 PM

Sep 2010
You've never heard of the term spinner.

Dec 14, 2011 10:13 PM

Jul 2010
Watched Junjou Romantica (as a guy) just so then I can find a reason to either tolerate or hate yaoi. Dropped it after two episodes simply because it felt awkward, but I really like where the story was heading.

Dec 14, 2011 10:30 PM

Nov 2011
I watched Highschool of the Dead for the big bouncy boobs.
Dec 15, 2011 3:45 AM

Jun 2011
I sorta hesitate on anime sometimes because I hate to see people cry and I think the anime is going to have crying in it. Luckily, when I do, I just take pictures of it and draw on it... no worries.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Dec 15, 2011 5:38 AM

Nov 2011
ash ketchum's face just pisses me off, i like the anime, but it gets to me whenever i look at him, so i don't watch it.
Tea and bickies with the Bold and the Beautiful
Dec 15, 2011 12:12 PM

Nov 2011
watched durarara!! cause i thought mikado ryugamine was attractive

mars of destruction because people were saying how bad it was and i was curious

school days cause people said to never watch it and that it'll screw with you ;-; lol
and because of nice boat
Dec 15, 2011 1:12 PM

Mar 2008
rangikai said:
Watched Junjou Romantica (as a guy) just so then I can find a reason to either tolerate or hate yaoi. Dropped it after two episodes simply because it felt awkward, but I really like where the story was heading.

awwww, i respect you a lot for trying it out! ^_^ well, if you liked it anyway why not just continue to watch? xD

hmmmm, oh yeah, i refuse to watch or read one piece because i don't find any character intersting or.. uh.. appealing?.. they're all boring as heck (and yes, i did watched some episodes when it was still airing on TV when i was younger..)

RadicalTee03 said:
i stopped watching honey and clover cuz i didnt get why guys were so infatuated with that short girl that looks like a toddler

haha, you made my day! i could also never get into that show though.. i saw like 1 or 2 episodes when i was in the philippines.. and it bored me death.. even though i usually enjoy the slice of life-genre..
Dec 15, 2011 1:30 PM

Sep 2011
policetoed said:

and because of nice boat
well it did not disappoint with the nice boat thats for sure. it was a fucking beautiful boat

anyways i watched steins gate just caus ei heard it had romance, not from all the hype it got, not from how high the score was, not for the interesting premise, nope, i watched it cause of romance, im freaking hopeless

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 15, 2011 2:05 PM

Jun 2011
IZUMI64 said:
I swear I won't watch LotGH.
because it's old and Most Overrated anime ever...
and I don't want to be an elitist, and act like they know everything about anime...

'overrated' is a term you dont get to use until you watch it.

but i agree with never watching it because it looks old and shit and everyone thinks it was made by god himself.
Dec 15, 2011 3:03 PM
Mar 2008
I refused to watch Wolf's Rain because it was popular (it was when I watched it). That was a stupid reason to not watch it, I learned my lesson.

I watched Lucky Star and Code Geass because they were popular, even worse, tried to do so with Kon and Reborn, that was stupid and I didn't learn my lesson.
Dec 15, 2011 3:04 PM

Apr 2008
Up until last year, my anime viewing choices would mainly be based on who was in the cast. It didn't matter if the animation looked like crap or if the director's previous works were trash. As long as I heard the golden voices of my favorite seiyuu, the show would have been a must-watch for me. Examples of shows that did this to me included Vampire Knight, Kurozuka, and Natsume Yuujinchou. One of these was actually good.
Dec 15, 2011 3:27 PM
Mar 2008
RadicalTee03 said:
It almost weirded me out of it too, until I realized they all kinda look like toddlers and she might just be a midget.
Dec 15, 2011 5:47 PM

Jun 2011
I stopped watching Queen's Blade five minutes into it because the fact that Melona shot acid out of her boobs scared me and made me not want to progress any further for that reason alone. 0_0 I only started because Kanae Ito and Rie Kugimiya were in it, two of my favorite seiyuus.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Dec 15, 2011 5:48 PM

Sep 2011
Pocketasces said:
IZUMI64 said:
and I don't want to be an elitist, and act like they know everything about anime...

but i agree with never watching it because it looks old and shit and everyone thinks it was made by god himself.
overatted is a term that should never be used under any circumstance, even after watching a show

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 15, 2011 6:04 PM

Jun 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Pocketasces said:
IZUMI64 said:

overatted is a term that should never be used under any circumstance, even after watching a show

i guess i can go along with that
Dec 15, 2011 6:42 PM

Sep 2011
I watched Yuru Yuri 'cause I thought it'd be a yuri.
.________.

I'm straight.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Dec 15, 2011 10:08 PM

Aug 2009
"Dumbest" reason for me would be "quality fandom". The anime might be shitty, but the fandom, god, the fandom..

Likewise, if the fandom is awful I might be forced into not wanting to watch the anime.
Dec 15, 2011 10:22 PM

Sep 2007
Refused to watch: Mnemosyne. The OP is so painful to listen to that it made my ears bleed. I plan to try it again one of these days...

Watched: Higurashi. I was expecting it to be straight up torture all day erryday. Like, really disgusting shit that would test the limits of my stomach. Fortunately, it was something far better than that. I've since seen Salo. oh my fucking god that movie
Dec 19, 2011 7:16 AM

Jan 2010
I refuse to watch any anime in which Minori Chihara voices a main character. Man, I hate her voice.
(Minami-ke is the exception because of the awesomeness of Marina Inoue).
Dec 19, 2011 7:45 AM

Jul 2011
If there isn't any attractive people in an anime, I hesitate to watch it. I'm ridiculous and shallow, I know!
Dec 19, 2011 7:58 AM
Dec 2011
i refuse to watch School days because i heard the end of the series -_-
Dec 19, 2011 8:02 AM

Oct 2011
didn't want to watch naruto at first cos the whiskers on his face look retarded....still ended up watching (and dropping) it though

まったく、小学生は最高だぜ!!
Dec 19, 2011 7:34 PM

Oct 2009
Cerberus71 said:

I watched School Days because I heard about the ending. XD
Dec 19, 2011 8:31 PM

Nov 2010
Sammychan said:
Cerberus71 said:

I watched School Days because I heard about the ending. XD

hahahahahaha sorry guy's but i found this pretty funny :D

fluffyxx said:
didn't want to watch naruto at first cos the whiskers on his face look retarded....still ended up watching (and dropping) it though

yey an other person thinking the exact same thing as i did (i don't doubt there are alot but this is the fist time ive seen somebody say it haha)
Dec 19, 2011 9:06 PM
Nov 2011
i refused to to watch A-Channel because the characters look 5 when theyre supposed to be in high school and the reason i watched Durarara was because i really liked the opening i didnt really know id like the anime a lot but i do
Dec 19, 2011 11:10 PM

Dec 2011
I stopped reading Toriko because I found out that it's a Gay-Shonen.

Nothing against gays, just watching the bond between a body builder and a child grow stronger through adventures in a world without vaginas doesn't hold interest to me.
Kid_From_RyukyuDec 19, 2011 11:13 PM
Dec 21, 2011 1:42 AM

Sep 2010
4Cecilia4 said:
OCD man. It kills me. I want to watch anime for enjoyment, but if I ever start watching an anime that turns out to be bad, I like HAVE to finish it according to my peace of mind

It's similar for me. I watch a series to increase my MAL completed anime time =\
Dec 24, 2011 1:01 AM

Jun 2009
I immediately dropped No.6 right after I started getting gay vibes between the main characters...
Dec 24, 2011 1:45 AM

Dec 2011
Cerberus71 said:

^This.
Dec 24, 2011 5:18 AM

Sep 2009
I refuse to watch One Piece because I don't like the drawing style = n=

And I watched all of the fillers in Naruto and Shippuden because I thought (in the beginning) that it was part of the main story... And after that, I have never skipped a filler, even though many of them are ridiculous
Dec 24, 2011 8:45 AM

Aug 2011
I will watch any anime if it has a song by FLOW in the OP or ED.
Dec 27, 2011 4:08 PM

Mar 2011
I watched Kuroshitsuji after I saw this
Dec 27, 2011 9:37 PM

Jul 2011
I won't watch (apparently) awesome anime such as Yu Yu Hakusho because I hate the old style of art.
Dec 28, 2011 6:24 AM

Jun 2007
I haven't yet watched Black Lagoon because it's too manly/badass/GAR, and doesn't appear to contain any moe, tsunderes, ecchi, lolis, pantyshots, or other "otaku" elements. And people I know IRL who like Black Lagoon hate anime with those elements.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Dec 28, 2011 6:43 AM

Dec 2011
Demekin said:
I refuse to watch One Piece because I don't like the drawing style = n=

And I watched all of the fillers in Naruto and Shippuden because I thought (in the beginning) that it was part of the main story... And after that, I have never skipped a filler, even though many of them are ridiculous

I can't stand the art either, I'm more and more frustrated because every month it reaches better critics XD I just can't watch such a ridiculous designs.

I dropped Naruto Shippuden because of the fillers. GOD DAMN YOU STUDIO PIERROT!!!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» do you judge different animes differently ?

ame - Yesterday

35 by Cielord »»
23 seconds ago

» Did you know people who have only 200 completed anime but more than 100 days are--

LenRea - 3 hours ago

31 by LenRea »»
2 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby?

Anjuro - Today

35 by LenRea »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - 6 hours ago

20 by APolygons2 »»
13 minutes ago

» Is there any anime which you haven't watched but you enjoyed the Hentai/Doujin centred around that perticular series ?

GoodBoy0069 - Jun 1

11 by APolygons2 »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.