Forum Settings
Forums

Comment on the above user's favorite anime/manga

New
Pages (88) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 10, 2011 9:14 PM

Jun 2011
@Memeki
Cowboy Bebop- Loving how this show is going. Seems like it's a show that deserves all the hype it's get. Also the setting is pretty amazing.
Baccano- One of my favorites too. A unique setting with a great cast of leads.It had comedy, action, and a little romance.
Fullmetal Alchemist- So you like the original over brotherhood? It's a good anime nonetheless. I'm liking Brotherhood's pacing better but FMA is still good.
IllegalCyrusSep 10, 2011 9:20 PM
Sep 10, 2011 11:13 PM

Apr 2009
@IllegalCyrus

Anime:

-Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard good things about that show.

-K-ON!!: I've watched a few episodes of it and thought it was an okay show. However I like listening to the music.

-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: I really liked this show. Enjoyable characters and plot.

-Baccano!: One of my favorites. The cast is really good. I also really like how the episodes are not in order, and it keeps your interest wantin' to know what happened before the whole event in the show occurred.

-Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu: I'm not a very big fan of the Haruhi Suzumiya series so I didn't watch this one. ^^;
Sep 10, 2011 11:21 PM

Sep 2011
@XaioLoon

Horou Musuko : Thank God you're not someone who judges an anime whether is crap or not based on it's premise xD Loved Horou Musuko and its water color artwork

Mushishi : I know it's really good and might be a masterpiece, but I really didn't understand its beauty when I watched it 4 years ago. I just thought it was boring. My tastes have certainly changed over the years, preferring the ambient ones, which Mushishi can certainly provide. Damn, I want to re-watch it xD

Cardcaptor Sakura : watched it last month, and to be honest with you guys...It certainly didn't need 70 eps. Lol, I still cant forget the penguins.

As for the mangas... None. I haven't read any of it
alec613Sep 10, 2011 11:29 PM
LastExile_613.png
Sep 10, 2011 11:34 PM

Jun 2008
@ alec613

Last Exile: A really good anime, not my favorite, but still one of the best Gonzo works.
Cowboy Bebop: Who doesn't like the greatest anime ever made? Only those who haven't watched it yet, that's who.
Honey And Clover: From what I've read of the manga, it seemed a boring slice of life comedy with moeblob art and men who all have a thing for the same little girl. Not my thing.
Aria: You clearly enjoy slice of life much more than me, as all Aria did was bore me to no end. Not falling asleep was hard.
One Piece: I've followed both the manga and the anime, and I can easily claim that I dislike this series, a lot.

you're so cute when you're frustrated, dear
Sep 11, 2011 1:35 AM

May 2010
@RenaPsychoKiller:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Some seriously creepy moments and an engaging mystery. Loved it.

Cowboy bebop: I can't say it enough: It's a classic in every wense of the word.

Death Note: Thanks to a somewhat tardy second half and an ending arc which felt out of pace with the rest of the anime, this otherwise brilliant show managed to just avoid my own list of favorites.

Gankutsuou: It may the craziest adaption of one of my favoriet novels, but I felt it was the one adaption that best captured the mood of the original. Amazing watch.

Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi: An interesting take on immortals (and stories concerning immortals almost always interest me). I just felt it messed up the atmosphere at the very ending. However, until the penultimate episode, it was superb.
Shima_XIXSep 11, 2011 1:45 AM
Sep 11, 2011 1:49 AM
Jul 2011
@Shima
Mushishi-Absolutely loved it.
Monster-One of the best psychological anime out there.
Cowboy Bebop-Loved it as well.

Manga-
Deadman Wonderland-Just your typical shounen but a bit more violent.Probably going to drop it.
Ibitsu-Not at all impressive.
Sep 11, 2011 2:21 AM

Jun 2011
@Raitei_Dono

I just watched Death Note and I absolutely loved it (I watched it over 10 times because it was given on the TV xD) and I never got tired of it xD It's one of those anime that I would call a masterpiece xD
I didn't watch any others, but all of them are in my PTW, though xD

As for manga, I haven't read any, but I heard Gantz is awesome xD
Sep 11, 2011 8:11 AM

Aug 2008
@Heiwajima_Mayu

Anime:
Bleach - I used to like Bleach quite a bit like four or five years ago, but I've really gotten bored of it. In fact I dropped Bleach not to long ago as I don't feel like bothering with it anymore.
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! - I watched the first few episodes of this and didn't like it much at all. I found it to be rather annoying even.
Durarara!! - Durarara is by far my favorite from your favorites. It is actually also on my favorites. I really liked the story and the characters, and I love how Narita Ryohgo tells his stories.

Manga:
Naruto - I've seen the anime, but I haven't read the manga, and I don't really even plan to. I can say much the same as I did about Bleach about Naruto, and it will probably be dropped soon too.
Fairy Tail - Again, I haven't read the manga, but I've seen some of the anime. I got bored of it partway through and dropped the anime though. It just seems like yet another exceeding long shonen series like Naruto, Bleach, etc. to me.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Sep 11, 2011 8:22 AM

Jun 2011
@Kyzix

-Durarara!!-One of my faves <3 I love the story and the characters, especially Shizuo and Izaya <3 I watched it several times and I never get tired of it ^^
-Baccano!-An awesome anime and really fun to watch XD I love almost every character here xD You can say it's one of my faves, too xD

I haven't seen or read the other things xD
I plan to watch Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and I've seen the OVA of Mirai Nikki, but I can't say much xP
Sep 11, 2011 8:24 AM

Sep 2010
@Heiwajima_Mayu

Bleach - Good in the beginning
KHR - Fairly decent
Kuroshitsuji - Oh Sebastian...
Gintama - Love it
Durarara - It's nice
Sep 11, 2011 8:34 AM

Jun 2011
@Reversity

-Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen-Awww, I watched it really a long time ago and I loved it... Kenshin x Tomoe are my favourite couple from the series XD
Sep 11, 2011 8:38 AM

Oct 2007
Anime:
Bleach: generic shounen full of fillers
Gintama: prolly one of the funniest shounen I am watching, gintoki is awesome
Drrrrr: good anime with a nice ost and characters, it's not as good as baccano though

Manga:
Naruto: Pretty decent shounen manga, atleast it's heading for a conclussion.
Bleach: KUBO trolling us all the time + lack of good art and backgrounds. Seems to go nowhere

rest = stuff I wouldn't watch becuz of it being generic shounen like naruto and bleach....not really my cup of tea anymore
Sep 11, 2011 8:56 AM

Aug 2010
@Telesis

Monster: best villain in anime.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: I highly respect this series, it's well plotted out and everything works.

Death Note: interesting cat and mouse game. Highly over dramatic. Loses steam halfway through. Probavly better than the manga.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: everybody seems to love this,but there's no way I'm watching this many episodes.

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch: Meh. Good production qualities, but nothing really struck me. I can see why you like it, though.
Sep 11, 2011 8:57 AM

Jun 2011
@Bob_Squab Baccano!- It's a unique anime that tells a deep story in 13 episodes. The characters are lovable and the action is good. The setting is a plus also.
Ouran- Hated it. Felt like a huge sausage fest for me. I didn't find it funny either.
Disappearance of Haruhi- I loved this movie. The paciing is great, the Kyon and Nagato develop amazingly. Also the last 45 minutes are really emotional.
IllegalCyrusSep 11, 2011 9:03 AM
Sep 11, 2011 9:11 AM

Aug 2011
@IllegalCyrus

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: The only magical girl anime I've watched. It's a really good and unique anime with great plot and characters. It also has a dark tone to it which makes it unique compared to other animes in the genre.

K-ON: A very fun and lighthearted anime to watch. Watching the relationship between the characters grow is great and the anime is hilarious at times.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: A crazy and over the top mecha anime, I love it. It has some really cool plot twists and one of the most insane final battles I've seen.

Baccano: My favourite anime of all time. It's a masterpiece in my eyes. The characters are top notch and the action scenes are awesome, plus the way it jumps back and forth from time and place makes it very interesting to watch.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu: The best anime movie I've seen. The story isn't very original but the execution is as good as it can be.
Sv3rr3Sep 11, 2011 9:27 AM
Sep 11, 2011 9:15 AM

Jun 2009
@IllegalCyrus:

Madoka - It was good. But that's it. Incredibly overrated/hyped.

K-On - I hate this show with a passion and despise every character in it. Sorry :/

Gurren Lagann - Now we're talking. Totally crazy and badass show. Good pick.

Baccano - While the anachronism might turn many people off, this is what makes this show unique and a VERY interesting watch.

Shoushitsu - Redeemed the franchise. Very good character development and exciting final part. Upon rewatching I thought the beginning was a bit too dragged out and it was missing the crazy comedy of the series somewhat. But it was meant for serious/development anyway, and that it did good.

Edit: now I'll just do both. (kinda messed up anyway)

@Sv3rr3:

Baccano - See above.

Durarara - I didn't like the 2nd part and was overall expecting alot more because of watching Baccano. Decent watch nonetheless.

Death Note - Read the manga and it was awesome. Watched only a few eps of the anime. Didn't like the overuse of "epicness". Potato chips anyone?

Code Geass - Why, yes. While certainly not the best show I have ever seen it was probably the most entertaining. I just had so much fun (re)atching it every time. And in the end, isn't that what counts?

After Story - Kinda overrated imo. I wasn't impressed with the first season and I disliked the first part of season two. The more slice of life-ish approach to NagisaxTomoya after that was great and episode 18 was one of the most emotional in anime history. That alone made it worth watching. Still kinda overrated.

Bleach - Well...no. This manga is just a complete mess.

grandy_UiDSep 11, 2011 9:22 AM
Sep 11, 2011 9:16 AM

Jun 2008
@IllegalCyrus

Madoka: Intriguing anime with a smart idea of fucking around with the usual childish magical girl concept and making it so dark. I think it's a logical option to have in your favorites especially considering you don't have a huge list.

K-ON!! - I found the second season ore tiring than the first and not as good. I guess it was mostly because a series like K-ON that doesn't have a specific story to tell gets tiring if it goes for too long. Anyway i dodn't think is an anime of that high quality to be in a favorite list since there are other anime out there that are veryu much more thrilling.
I see it as a fun little anime but nothing of glorious levels to be put in the top five thing i ever saw.

TTGL - Fan and decent anime but mediocre in the plot and character department along with a few ridiculous elements that put me off. I guess it will seem more entertaining to a very young fellow like you who just gets excited seeing big robots throwing galaxies instead of something psychological or something like that so i get it.

Baccano! - Fan,good anime one of the best in your list so i can see why it's there.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu - Sorry never understood what's so great about this anime or why so many people make a big deal about it. It was nothing special at all. Typical anime in my book. Just because the heroine is suppose to be a god doesn't make it better if the plot and direction gives nothing really exciting. Smart basic concept but many anime have such things and then just show typical moe staff. That's what Haruhi did too so what is exactly great about it is beyond me. Maybe it will seem great if it's from your first anime. Was it?
Sep 11, 2011 9:26 AM

May 2010
@Monad:

Neon Genesis Evangeliuon: I loved it. I'd honestly have preferred it if the End of Evangelion had been used as the anime ending in the first place. The ending did feel a little lacking and, for the most part, a little too haphazard... and that's why I didn't give it a perfect score.

Blood+: When the supporting cast is more interesting than the main cast, and when the most interesting character is introduced practically halfway through the anime and eventually killed off with a Deus Ex Machina reminiscent of War of the Worlds, it's a little hard for me to fall in love with it. Still, Diva made it worth the watch.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Absolutely loved it! It also happens to be my personal favorite from the entire GITS franchise so far. Great story, great subplots, great music and some amazing characters.

Black Lagoon: The second Barrage: It was definitely darker and grittier than the first season (and Hansel and Gretel were definitely a plus point), but I personally found the first season more fun to watch (maybe because it wasn't as serious as S2). It's still a pretty amazing anime, I must admit.

death Note: Until the end of the L arc, it was brilliant. After that, it felt a little rushed, but still amazing. By the time it reached the end, the pacing felt way off. It was impressive, but still could have been better.
Shima_XIXSep 11, 2011 9:50 AM
Sep 11, 2011 10:34 AM
Sep 2009
@Telesis

Monster-- Watched the first 20 of it, great stuff... Hitchcockian, some great characters, I'll get back to it soon enough.

Death Note-- Great psychological thriller, one of the best cat-and-mouse detective story in anime... I think the latter part of the show gets too much hate, but it isn't as good as the first half.

Code Geass-- Fun show, full of bombastic charisma and crazy plot twists...in fact down right silly plot twists, so I only give it a 7.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Sep 11, 2011 12:14 PM

Sep 2011
@Judojon

Love your list xD I won't be saying many bad things, cuz all of those are my favourites

Tatami Galaxy: Didn't quite get it at first, but when you do, you're in for an amazing treat.

Boogiepop Phantom: my type of series — ambient with lots of talking. The one thing I didn't quite like is the fact it is so confusing. It is so confusing that I went to wikipedia to make more sense of what the **** was happening, but I got even more confused instead! How the **** is that even possible?

Cowboy Bebop : Contains one of the best endings you could ever ask for in an anime. Oh... It has an amazing sountrack & nicely developed characters. It truly deserves the hype it's getting.

Revolutionary Girl Utena : Watched it 2-3 months ago, and I can only say one word : Amazing! Too many symbolism — It's crazy! The characters are amazingly developed, it has one the best, if not the best villain in the entire anime world, and most all, Utena probably has the best ending in all animes out there.

Flag : My kind of series... Imaginative, unique, and a really great unpredictable ending. It's perhaps the only anime that made taking photographs look awesome
alec613Sep 11, 2011 12:27 PM
LastExile_613.png
Sep 11, 2011 4:14 PM

Oct 2007
Last Exile: a very good steampunk show imo and I hope gonzo won't ruin the second season.

Cowboy Bebop: what can I say, one of the coolest main characters in anime history, an awesome jazz ost and one of the most famous anime next to eva and akira (for good reasons). Nobody should hate this show.

honey and clover: prolly one of my favorite drama/romance shows I have watched so far. Lovely artstyle + opening and ending themes.

ARIA the Natural: well it's ARIA :3 :3 :3

Manga:

H2 / Cross Game: Adachi Mitsuru his manga is god tier, although H2 ending was rather sudden.

One Piece: never really got into reading the manga atm as I am still catching up with the anime. Animewise it's rather enjoyable for a shounen action (and better than bleach and naruto which isnt really saying much). All by all a good watch (and prolly read).
Sep 12, 2011 2:12 PM

Jun 2008
@ lifeaspect

We have completely opposite taste, as I hate slice of life series.

Aria: I strongly dislike this boring, annoying, sleep-inducing, overrated slice of life anime. I'm not saying that it's not good, though. It is good. For those who suffer from insomnia, that is.
Touch: Another overhyped slice of life series. I will never understand what's so great about Mitsuru Adachi.
Maison Ikkoku: I've watched all of the anime, and I really liked it at the start, but then it went downhill. The only character I liked was Kyoko, as the rest of the cast was obnoxious, stupid and irritating. Overall, a decent, old school romantic comedy, nothing more.

Sep 12, 2011 2:21 PM

Jun 2011
@RenaPsychoKiller

-Higurashi no Naku Koro ni-I love this anime, it was kinda confusing at the beginning, but I got used to it XD Even though I love Kai even more xD
-Death Note-I love it, one of my faves xD I watched it a lot of times and never got tired of it XD

Cowboy Bebop is in my PTW... I haven't read X, Zombie Loan and Deadman Wonderland, I've just seen the animes and I liked them all ^^
Sep 12, 2011 2:45 PM

Dec 2009
@ Heiwajima_Mayu

Anime: Good choices imo, I have heard good stuff of those animes although many you like are quite long. The only one I could catch was Bleach.
Kuroshitsuji was also a good anime but it is sad they went with a filler ending. Durarara was superb.

Manga: Long mangas again. Reading almost all of them with the exception of Naruto and Hitman.
Last Fairy Tail arc was a tad disappointing for me.
Bleach was also disappointing but hopefully it will become interesting now.
Kuroshitsuji must catch the manga again, stopped a few months ago and haven't got a chance for read it again.
Sep 12, 2011 2:45 PM

Jan 2011
@Heiwajima_Mayu
(Damn. Got beat by a few seconds xD)

Kuroshitsuji - Love it. The mystery and Sebastian :P

Gintama - My all-time favourite anime! Soo Hilarious with great serious arcs :D

Durarara!! - It was slow at first and I thought about dropping it a few times, but I'm glad I didn't. Got really good and I love all the twists.

Bleach - I'm watching it right now and I'm only a few episodes in, so I don't really have much to say. So far it's just a pretty basic shounen anime to me.

Fairy Tail - Haven't read the manga, but I love the anime. Most of the characters are fun and interesting :)
Sep 12, 2011 2:51 PM

Aug 2010
@xXO

Gintama - I haven't actually watched it yet myself because the large episode number puts me off. But I've only heard good things about it so I'll pick it up in the future.

Code Geass - I have R2 in my top 5 so I found no reason to put R1 there, but I loved the first season almost as much as the second one.

Death note- Haven't seen the anime and don't really feel like watching it since I watched the live action and pretty much spoiled myself of everything.

Ouran High School Host Club- Haven't seen this either.

Sidenote: though I've only actually seen 1 of your favs, the anime compatibility of our lists are 90%.
Sep 12, 2011 2:55 PM

Jun 2008
@ Heiwajima_Mayu

Shounen fan much?

Bleach: Watched almost 200 episodes of the anime & read the first two volumes of the manga. It's really good at the beginning, but then it goes downhill. Still better than most mainstream shounen series, though. The only series I like in your favorites lists.
Katekyo Hitman Reborn: I've watched about 20 episodes of the anime, and it was mediocre at best. Some nice characters and decent music, but not exceptional in any way. The art also varies from great to ugly. I love Hibari-sama.
Kuroshitsuji: I cannot stand it. It took me a lot of patience to finish this fangirl-aimed garbage. The manga isn't any better, it seems.
Gintama: Overrated, long, and not very funny. I only care about Hijikata.
Naruto: Dropped both the manga and the anime. The epitome of average shounen.

Sep 12, 2011 2:56 PM

Jun 2011
Okay, my favorite anime:
-Ano Hana
-Shugo Chara
-Toradora
-Durarara!
-Clannad (And After Story too)
-InuYasha

My favorite manga:
-Fruits Basket
-Tail of the Moon (Tsuki no Shippo)
-We Were There (Bokura ga Ita)
-Full Moon wo Sagashite
-Stepping on Roses

Bonus:
-Final Fantasy VII (^_^)
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Sep 12, 2011 2:57 PM
Mar 2011
Clannad: After Story moe moe moe moe i hate moe
Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu Solid movie
Geeas - my niews on this are known by all

Wakusei no Samidare none oof the best manga of this era
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 12, 2011 3:16 PM
Sep 2009
@Hongo-Takeshi

I haven't seen any of your favorites... but they are all old and infuencial works (not a surprise given your rating method). There are two I do intend to see...

Space Runaway Ideon-- Well the fact that NGE was somewhat infuenced by this anime is a big deal; and the main reason it grabs my interest.

Uchuu Senkan Yamato-- From what I've seen of his work (and it is not much) Matsumoto is a brilliat creator; this is one of his most famous works, so I look forward to watching it.
Sep 12, 2011 7:55 PM

Jun 2009
@judojon:

anime:

Boogiepop Phantom-amazingly underrated show. confusing yeah, but very creepy and freaky.
Cowboy Bebop-masterpiece
Revolutionary Girl Utena-only saw a few episodes and they didn't make a good impression on me (, mostly because the dub was awful), will get back to it eventually.

manga:

Solanin- like cowboy bebop, a masterpiece of a manga
Uzumaki- very creepy and scary piece of work. yet to finish it though.
Hotel-so short yet so good.
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Sep 12, 2011 8:40 PM

Mar 2009
@Lordcrab86
Cowboy Bebop-a classic, though I've always been partial to Outlaw Star (watched it first)

FMA-first series! I don't see that listed as often, especially when one has seen Brotherhood. I have not seen Brotherhood (so no one spoil it for me, I'm a manga person going the manga route here!), but I enjoyed the first FMA a lot, for being a gecko series from even before the halfway point, I couldn't really guess.

Welcome to the NHK-I thought this was a perfectly entertaining show, but nothing special. I thought the ending kinda ruined it for me from achieving any sort of greatness honestly.
Sep 12, 2011 9:15 PM

Feb 2010
@ FallnKnightFakir:
I've only seen one of your favorites, or more accurately I'm currently watching it, so my comment will be somewhat limited.

Before heading into Legend of the Galactic Heroes, I expected a dialog-heavy series that required its viewer to be in a certain state of mind. And it really doesn't help that most of the people I've seen advertising this show came across as, to be blunt, elitists. And so I put my senses on full alert ready to be bored out of my mind.

Well, I've been wrong before.

I wouldn't call LotGH intellectual or anything of the sort. Intellectual denotes a work that has things that are only apparent if the viewer is willing to look hard enough, and if anything, LotGH is about as obvious as a ninja in an orange jumpsuit. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, as everything about this show has been pretty straightforward and thus makes it much easier to watch than anticipated.

What it is, though, is thought-provoking. It leaves all of the political questions on the table, and unlike most shows that just babble nonsense for psychology cred, the questions raised are actually relevant to the plot. What's more, the story pacing has been incredibly solid; for a 110 episode title, nothing feels like stalling. It's all significant. No wasted space.

My only real gripe with the series is Yang's strategic omnipotence and the fact that they name every single character.

Otherwise, while I'm not finding this show to live up to the hype, I can understand it's position, and am really enjoying this one myself. I still have 50 more episodes to go, so we'll see.
Kyouko_AyaseSep 12, 2011 9:37 PM
Sep 12, 2011 10:49 PM
Sep 2009
@Akito_Kinomoto

Only three favorites, huh...

Eve no Jikan-- Have not seen this yet, but I've seen clips, and it at least looks very good. I've also watched Pale Cocoon from the same director, and I enjoyed it very much...

Haibane Renmei-- This is in my top 10, one of the most beautiful anime I have ever seen. It is such a powerful story, and I've found very few other anime that resonate as strongly with me.

Clannad After Story-- I hear this is a tear-jerker, and has some very good moments... but I couldn't motivate my self to finish the first season, Clannad is really not my thing.
Sep 12, 2011 11:19 PM
Jul 2011
@judojon

I haven't seen Tatami Galaxy, but for some reason seeing your profile has convinced me to correct this mistake; you should feel proud of yourself.
Same goes for Boogiepop Phantom

I almost hate how absolutely perfect Bebop is. it's infuriating. You know how most people say that are only five episodes of plot in the whole season? I kind of disagree. If the show is about the crew, then you have to notice that each character has it's own individual arc. So I guess it's closer to nine.

I am currently watching Utena; it has been pretty good so far. I'm just praying that it will all make sense in the end.

PS: You're the first MAL user I've clicked with High compatibility!
Sep 12, 2011 11:29 PM

Jun 2008
@ MajorMajorMajor

FLCL: I cannot see anything good in this brainless thing. For me, it was distasteful, ugly, stupid, and hyperactive. To sum it up, garbage.
Cowboy Bebop: An unbeatable masterpiece, yeah.
Evangelion: A strange, intense, memorable series. Total mindfuck. It has its flaws, but it's a must watch nevertheless.
Baccano: A fantastic anime in every aspect. The characters, the music, the animation, the story. It's rare to find something so well-made.

Sep 13, 2011 12:39 AM

Aug 2011
@Rena

Cowboy Bebop: The music is beautiful and the episode 'Ballad of fallen angels' has one of the best scenes I've seen in an anime.

Death Note: Very intelligent series with interesting characters.

Haven't seen the other three but Higurashi and Gankutsuou are on my list.
Sep 13, 2011 1:50 AM
Oct 2009
@ TaijinKyofusho

Monster: I want to watch this, but with so many episodes, this will take much time, but I'm sure it's a masterpiece.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: One of the first serious anime I ever watched, it's really a sacred masterpiece, I hate mecha, but this one is an exception for me.

Death Note: Great anime, it's not a lie, especially the first part (the "L" part). Almost a masterpiece, this anime deserves its fame.

Baccano!: Another one I want to watch, I don't know almost anything about it, but I'm quite sure that its great!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: Although I quite known it, I didn't watch it, too much episodes :P, surely it is a great anime, probally an huge masterpiece.

Excellent taste, my friend, these are all really epic anime. ;).
Sep 13, 2011 4:18 AM

Sep 2010
@Disillusion:

Higurashi Kai: It was better than the first season since it answered more questions

Gantz second stage: I hated it cause of the shitty filler ending it left us. Why they took a two month break between the seasons instead of making it into 24 episodes confuses me. Cause it was going to end in a filler regardless so I don't understand the two month wait.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 13, 2011 4:23 AM

Jul 2011
@ Roloko

Ao no exorcist - It started well bur it's getting boring IMO

Mawaru Penguindrum - Very good, one of the bests in this season
Sep 13, 2011 4:36 AM

May 2010
@Shyk1: Of those I know so far...

Berserk: One of the most amazing shows I've evr watched, animated or otherwise. Brilliant story with amazing characters. Thanks to the way the story was told, I easily forgave the blank ending.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Great mystery with some genuinely frightening bits. Very enjoyable, especially thanks to the two faced characters.

Gantz: If not for the ridiculously loud characters, this could have been amazing. The characters were believable to an almost frightening degree.
Shima_XIXSep 13, 2011 4:43 AM
Sep 14, 2011 4:10 PM

Jun 2008
@ Shima_XIX

Cowboy Bebop: A masterpiece, pretty much the best anime ever made. I've said it countless times.
Berserk: I liked the anime, some of the characters, the art, and the music. However, I hated the last 3 episodes, they were gross and distasteful, and ruined the whole story for me.
Jiraishin: I've read some of it years ago. I was quite interested, and I loved Kyoya. I should catch it up again.
Deadman Wonderland: One of my favorites right now. It's so original and intense. I love some of the characters. A great manga.
Rorouni Kenshin: I've read a few volumes of the manga as a kid, and I kinda liked it. Just not enough to continue it.

Sep 14, 2011 5:09 PM

Jun 2011
@Rena
Higurashi- Saw the first episode. It was good. I know shit's gonna hit the fan but seems like good shit.
Death Note- A battle of wits. Enjoying what I'm watch. Hoping it gets better.
Cowboy Bebop- A masterpiece indeed. The setting and characters are absolutely marvelous.
IllegalCyrusSep 14, 2011 5:15 PM
Sep 14, 2011 5:13 PM

Aug 2010
Cyrus.

Madoka - Meh, good but not that good.
Bebop - I liked the lighter hearted episodes more than the "serious" vicious eps but yeah, awesome.
Baccano! - Loved the crazyness of the whole thing, watched it all in one go.
Nichijou - Bit hit and miss but i like all of the characters
K-On! - Ok but not even my favourite cute girls doing cute things series.
Sep 14, 2011 5:13 PM

Aug 2011
@ Illegalcryus

I have only seen part of one which is what I want to vent my frustration on since I literally just finished watching most of it.

K-On I was seriously enjoying the english dub of this show was very cute and made me laugh a lot. I was told the dub was awful and was wondering why.... That is until I got to episode 9 where it abruptly changed to different voices and the worst dub job I have ever seen. Supposedly the original dub was so bad Bandai decided to give a go and only got up to episode 8 so far. That being said I am very very sad I could not finish it tonight. Over all I love the 4 main girls but the shy one is my favorite. My only wish is there would be more performances though that might happen in later episodes.

@ KeiranShikari sorry skipped you as I was doing illegal.

Clannad: After Story is the only one I have seen of yours but by god is it not the best anime ever. Literally change my viewpoint on life and how I see things. I realized my life wasn't so bad after all. Plus lots of cute girls=good time for laylie.
Sep 14, 2011 5:19 PM

Aug 2010
Laylie

Shuffle - Watched when i was new to anime but what I can remember I like
Kanon - Loved it although I didn't cry like I did with Clannad.
Geass - Not so much, was ok but no way near as good as people make out.
Clannad AS - My favourite anime ever, stole all of my man cards.
Angel Beats - If they doubled the episode count and added actual character development it would have been good. Good concept without delivering.

HOTD - Meh but better than the series.
Sep 14, 2011 5:22 PM

Aug 2011
only know code gease.. and i only watched like 2 episodes LOL

anyways lelouch is a pretty likeable "cool" guy, i heard he goes psycho like light but the overall story is good so i might watch complete it someday
Sep 15, 2011 1:45 AM

Jun 2009
@ JigokuNomegami

Sasameki Koto- I only saw a few episodes, but I used to follow the manga and found it to be very funny. The protagonist, sorry can't remember her name, was very amusing in particular. Can't say much more, to be honest.

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun- Thought this was actually better than the first Index series, at least to me. Part of this is because I really dislike Touma as a protagonist and didn't like Index herself all that much. I also liked the more slice of life feel this series had, as well. That said, the "plot" for the series was not particularly well done and well it wasn't particularly memorable.

Steins;Gate- On my PTW list and one of, if not my next watch. I'm looking forward to this and this is one of these series I am proud to go in with next to no idea what will happen.

No manga?

@ KeiranShikari

I'm gonna do your favorite partly because I feel you got shafted and mostly because you have some excellent favorites.

Revolutionary Girl Utena- I loved it on pretty much every level. The topics such as homosexuality, gender roles, the nightmarish fairy tale world, it was all good stuff. Utena and Anthy are spectacular characters with depth to spare and the other characters throughout the series were well done as well. My complaints are the repeating animations and, well, general repetitiveness. But, the storytelling and characterization were good enough to make me forgive this. An EASY 10 and is competing with Evangelion as my favorite series.

Clannad: After Story- "Powerful" is the best word I can use to describe this series. This series takes full advantage of the slow, but very steady and well done development of Tomoya and Nagisa's relationship. As a love story, this is touching stuff. As a drama it'll hit you straight in the heart. It also does slice of life very well when it wants to. Episode 18, which anyone who knows what I'm talking about recognizes immediately, is one of the best and most powerful anime episodes I've ever seen and the ending, as much flack as it may get, is also one of the most touching things I've ever seen.

Serial Experiments Lain- I really liked this, I liked the overall air of mystery that was not unlike Boogiepop Phantom and I like Lain as a character. I can't help but feel, though, that this series probably needs a re-watch for me to fully appreciate it and, as it has been quite a while I can't really find much to say. I dropped the ball here, but it is a very good choice.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex- Alongside Haruhi this is probably my most re-watched anime. The Major is a great character with tons of depth, that is really easy to miss the first time I find, and is a total bad ass in every sense of the word. The other characters, particularly Togusa and Batou, are great as well. Togusa, in particular, impressed me in his investigation in the Laughing Man case which were some of the best episodes in the series. The central plot line of the The Laughing Man is one of the best storylines in anime, with some truly excellent twists and turns throughout.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei- It's been a long time since I saw this series but there are certain things I'll never forget. Of course, one of them being the "I'm in Despair" line and the absolutely hilarious "Stalker Chain" joke. I remember there wasn't much, if any, depth to the characters but seeing as how they were pretty much there for the jokes they did their job nicely. Not a favorite, but I can certainly see the reason for it to be on your favorites.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 17, 2011 4:43 PM

Jun 2008
@ insan3soldiern

Utena: Too flawed to be a masterpiece. I kinda liked it, but it's just a mindfuck eyecandy to me. All those metaphors weren't my cup of tea. It is also too repeatitive. The male characters are dreadful. The comedy is weird and unecessary.
Evangelion: A great series, even if nowhere near my top 5 favorites.
Honey And Clover: I'm not into boring, badly drawn slice of life comedies, especially if they involve a bunch of men harassing a little girl.
One Piece: Possibly the worst shounen series ever made. Ugly, overrated, and cliché.
Full Metal Alchemist: Another overhyped shounen that I don't like at all.

Sep 17, 2011 4:49 PM
Mar 2011
Cowboy Bebop - over rated
Gankutsuou- good rainaing of a classic Novel

X - i lLove CLAMP
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Pages (88) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Post an image you like too much that you want other people to see it

Wendoka - May 19

8 by Wendoka »»
9 seconds ago

» Ban the User Above You v.21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Dec 21, 2021

9515 by asschewer »»
34 seconds ago

» lowercase chat thread v.22 people can't do titles a painful edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Karinara - May 12

2296 by OniMage »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it a red flag? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

iHateAnimeBro - Apr 24

1225 by asschewer »»
13 minutes ago

» What's your current mood/feeling? ( 1 2 3 4 )

html - Oct 5, 2014

169 by asschewer »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.