Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 26, 1:39 PM
Apr 2020
The cliffhanger is going to make me the manga and I don't want to
May 26, 2:08 PM
Jan 2017
Kafka's hilarious misadventures continue when his friends are attacked by the mysterious No. 9 and he is forced to transform yet again. This episode was very good at balancing the fast-paced action with this building sense of uneasiness and dread, especially for Kafka, now that his secret is so dangerously close to be exposed.
May 26, 3:19 PM
Oct 2023
nice to see Reno and Iharu fight and get along. Kaiju number 9 sure is op. Hoshina is so op too he even has a limiter 92% unleashed combat power is really a lot. lets see how this cliffhanger will end up in the next episode. Even though its a very typical good guy corners the main character troupe.Kaiju number 9 is talking like a robot which i find funny
May 26, 3:44 PM
May 2017
Best episode so far, I'm loving it (no mcdonalds)

It would be even better if Kafka's manchild antics lessens a bit. Not drops entirely but just a once in a while thing
May 26, 5:21 PM

Sep 2011
Hoshina vs Kafka LFG!!!!!!
May 26, 5:56 PM
Jonin

Feb 2023
Slowly growing on me, lots of plot happening fast. Different character designs but im beginning to like it.A little more blood and gore than I thought, but its a Kaiju Anime after all lol.
May 26, 8:28 PM
May 2024
GODDAMN CLIFFHANGER
May 26, 8:54 PM
Jan 2023
If Reno died there, I would've lost it 😭
May 26, 9:48 PM
Aug 2021
REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD
May 26, 10:07 PM

Jul 2008
well crap that couldn't have gone any worse....
May 27, 12:00 AM

Mar 2020
noooo, all it takes is two guys to ruin everything, huh? (jk, I'm not really blamed them)

but man.. I really thought Iharu was going to betray Reno at that moment, I'm so happy to see him turn out to be a guy who cares about his friend. I just hope that Shinomiya gets in time and explains.. although I'm really excited to see Hoshino fight
May 27, 12:51 AM
Nov 2023
Really enjoyed it
May 27, 1:45 AM

Jan 2008
While I am enjoying the show, this episode felt like I just rewatched the same episode from a few episodes ago but with some characters swapped with Kafka coming to save the day. At least next episode's looking like we might get some new action.
May 27, 1:53 AM
Feb 2015
He's dead not only he let humanoid kaiju get away, he's gonna be butchered by hoshina.
May 27, 3:57 AM
Jan 2024
is sooooooooo collll
May 27, 5:33 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to jumbosan
He's dead not only he let humanoid kaiju get away, he's gonna be butchered by hoshina.
@jumbosan

And why he did not kill the othe rKaiju. Like just smash his core dude. those humans aint doing shit.
May 27, 5:47 AM
Jan 2024
Can't wait to see more of this Reno & Iharu BFF duo. I want nothing but the best for them. Kafka beat 9s ass but I was banging my head on the table when he wouldn't grab the friggin core!
May 27, 6:29 AM
Apr 2021
Holy shit seeing Kaiju No.8 use his powers gets me everytime I forgot bros an actual UNIT bc when he was fighting that other humanoid he was putting in WORK + the animation was amazing as well Production I.G is ray taking care of this show🔥🔥

That Hoshina animation was CRAZYYYY I knew bro was fast but seeing him animated makes me so hyped like bros actaully strong asf😩🔥
May 27, 8:02 AM
Jun 2017
It's very simple and generic.
May 27, 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
Hoshina in action! <3
May 27, 12:12 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Hoshina is face to face to Kaiju nº8!!!!
kekeke
May 27, 1:13 PM

Apr 2021
Guys I literally had goosebumps from that fight. It was so epic, the fight animation is pure gold.
May 27, 2:08 PM
Jul 2022
Awesome stuff!!!!!
May 27, 2:29 PM
Mar 2022
Mina op kafka full burst :)
May 27, 3:11 PM
May 2019
A lot happened but the fight was kind of lacking

Especially Kafka vs No.9 was super underwhelming with like no impact sounds and real weight. Seemed so weak idk
May 27, 3:27 PM

Dec 2020
Reno and Iharu vs Kaiju 9 was decent, almost accurate to manga. Kafka's entry was magnificent. If I hadn't read the manga surely would've gotten goosebumps.

Time for Hoshina vs Kafka less goo
May 27, 6:02 PM
Nov 2021
Great episode. I still found this episode hilarious, "Ah, I'm in danger". Lmao. People complaining about the "over abundance of stupid comedy" are sooo weird to me. Kafka is just a little goofy at times and it's 1000% better than that unintentionally hilarious edgy stoic "chad" from Solo Leveling for example. This kind of concepts needs juuust enough self awareness to balance out the absurd premise, but not so much that everything becomes a joke. And in my opinion it has always had this balance *shrug*
May 27, 6:04 PM
Nov 2021
Reply to Quanda1eDing1e
Best episode so far, I'm loving it (no mcdonalds)

It would be even better if Kafka's manchild antics lessens a bit. Not drops entirely but just a once in a while thing
@Quanda1eDing1e Those dumb antics are the only thing keeping this show bareable and slightly non generic
May 27, 6:42 PM

Feb 2015
I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this episode.
It was enjoyable to say the least and the action was great, but it was so predictable and all the things that were so predictable were extremely frustrating to watch as they unfolded. And I'm not talking about Kafka saving the day (which was obvious as well ofc), but everything afterwards ._.

The second Kafka had the upper hand over Kaijuu No. 9, I instantly knew that he would get interrupted by some good guys before finishing him off. And ofc he managed to escape the randos, but for some stupid reason doesn't transform back to his human form immediately after getting away, so that an actual threat (who's actually his ally) can catch up to him and attack him. That's just increadibly weak writing imo. If they so desperatly wanted to keep Kaijuu No. 9 alive, they should've let Kafka overpower him without nearly killing him... and they also shouldn't have given Kafka time to transform back, if they wanted to force the fight between him and Hoshina. The way things played out make Kafka look really dumb tbh. Misunderstandings can be done well, but this really wasn't it ^^'

Oh well, let's see how things will go from here.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
May 27, 6:56 PM
Nov 2021
^ I also think so far this series is pretty generic and nothing too crazy, but that misunderstanding and interrupiton (while cliche expected), made logical sense at least. They were looking out for a humanoid Kaiju, and that interruption gave the other Kaiju enough time to heal. Not exactly unbelievable development just seen it a thousand times in other media. And yeah he probably should have depowered asap, but to be fair he thought he jumped way out into the clear, I don't believe that much time passed from when he landed on the ground and when he was spotted but I could be wrong.
May 27, 7:14 PM
Oct 2019
Kaiju no.8 vs Kaiju no.9!!

Another Incredible episode!!

That last minute Animation sequence with Vice Captain Hoshina was so 🔥🔥🔥
May 27, 8:10 PM
May 2017
Reply to SuperLupinHero
@Quanda1eDing1e Those dumb antics are the only thing keeping this show bareable and slightly non generic
@SuperLupinHero so his antics are your favorite thing about this show?
May 27, 9:29 PM

Feb 2021
He's fighting the wrong one... Can't wait to see how the battle ended.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 28, 12:50 AM
May 2020
kafka came in the nick of time
May 28, 3:53 AM
Nov 2021
Great episode.. things gonna get complicated
May 28, 6:50 AM
Feb 2022
Damm man this Kaiju.no 9 is so strong, Reno did his best to stop that monster though.
Heck yeah 🔥🔥 Kafka he beat that Kaiju 9 so badly & it's so satisfying.
May 28, 7:21 AM
Mar 2022
92% is impressive hence why he's a vice captain, in the same squad 3 as captain Mina who has a 100% released force. Though what's really crazy is how Kafka has the lowest recorded released force among the Defense Force as a Human 1%. Despite Kafka's kaiju form having a fortitude level of 9.8, the highest fortitude level seen so far in the entire series. Making him one of the most powerful kaiju to ever exist...
May 28, 2:56 PM
Sep 2022
Episode was fine but soooo tropey, felt like there was a generic shounen trope every scene
May 28, 3:07 PM

Nov 2009
Yup, these Humanoid-Kaijus (I call them Kaijurians, lol) are WAY too strong for regular soldiers to handle.

The only ones that can take them on is probably those with 90%+ power level. (or Kaujuman, aka Kafka no.8, LOL)

Also, speaking of power level, these are brought forth by the "suits", which is interesting, cause these "suits" are technically made of mostly Kaiju materials (as they previously said).

So it means they technically can't defeat the Kaijus without using Kauju powers to began with. Even Mina would probably be easily defeated without the Suits.

Hmm...

So some other defense force ppls discovered Kaijuman... and gave the evil Kaijurian a chance to heal up and escape.

Feels like the evil Kaijurian might return even stronger later... cause that's what most "villians" do in Shounan series, LOL.

And now Kafka has to "fight" the vice-capt...

And this time... There's no Ichikawa to come and fix the misunderstanding...

(also, judging by Kaijuman's show of strength just earlier... Kafka could probably easily wipe the floor against vice-capt... but he's the "good Kaiju" so I guess he's going to just find some way to escape or something, LOL)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 28, 9:59 PM
Oct 2023
This anime's epsiodes start with slow track and end with such a high note
May 28, 11:25 PM
Jan 2023
Best Episode so far, fight scenes are amazing, story is amazing. Becoming one of my favorite animes.
May 29, 6:30 AM

Sep 2014
Yeah this show is pure hype now. I really dig it. I hope we get a second season because 12 eps wont be enough
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 29, 9:40 AM
Sep 2021
Kafka defeats the humanoid Kaiju, but it escapes due to the kaiju force officers arriving, but when Kafka tries to escape, he is stopped by Hoshina. The battle is about to begin between them.
May 30, 12:10 AM
Feb 2015
Reply to Vindicater
@jumbosan

And why he did not kill the othe rKaiju. Like just smash his core dude. those humans aint doing shit.
@Vindicater to avoid his secret being exposed I suppose, although i understand your frustration
May 30, 12:12 AM
Mar 2010
Man… I really hope Reno is okay.It was not fun seeing the two getting destroyed. I am glad Kafka was able to save them. Hope he can escape Hoshina because he definitely wouldn’t want to fight him
May 30, 9:06 AM
Nov 2019
Insanely good production quality. The music and visuals are simply chef's kiss.
May 30, 6:37 PM

Oct 2022
I got chills. Rule number 23 of anime: Never let the slanty eye character open their eyes fully. When that happens, you are fucked.
May 30, 10:37 PM

Nov 2022
Kafka needs to take him out eventually there's no better time than now.
May 31, 9:15 AM

Oct 2008
friggin' awesome when Kafka went rage mode! DAMN UNSTOPPABLE TOTAL DESTRUCTION!
Damn i wanna see vice-capt Hoshina 100% unleashed versus total rage mode Kafka! now that's an absolutely great phenomenal to see!!
5/5!

May 31, 12:15 PM
May 2017
If kafka doesn't end up knocking anyone up I will be dissapointed :(
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Where is the Dub?

EXCLMaker - Yesterday

9 by DayRivia »»
43 minutes ago

» Recent battle shonen anime ranking

poscula - Yesterday

17 by Kitsune_089 »»
58 minutes ago

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Fortress_Maximus - Jun 22

170 by Vicmiceli »»
3 hours ago

» has the OP/ED really grown on anyone else? ( 1 2 )

JVskunkape - Jun 22

76 by Fancyjasper »»
4 hours ago

» no one die

esofdiamon - Jun 22

9 by Mattinator95 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.