Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 7:04 PM

Feb 2018
Reply to MrYujufudan
MasterTasuke said:
the Dolls are larger, at 1/6, and, of course, are quite adaptable and customizable in nature...
thanks to Doll Heads that are readily compatible to a wide range of available Doll Bodies... and, of course, the scale clothing;

they didn't. REVELL merely imported and repackaged several MACROSS, DOUGRAM and ORGUSS kits
for their Western Markets under their "ROBOTECH DEFENDERS/CHANGERS" branding in the early/mid-80's;

Wasn't this model kit line the origin of the Robotech name? I think I heard an interview with Carl Macek where he had said they got the name from the model kits, but I'm not sure.

It was.

Carl Macek allegedly wished to bring SDF MACROSS to U.S. Market
in as pure and unmolested a form as he could possibly find a way to manage.

HG Allegedly felt it would improve MACROSS' prospects in the U.S. by tying it to Product/Sponsor Support...
and that was where CEJI/REVELL and their "ROBOTECH" Tentpole Brand Title
for their import Japanese Mecha Model Kit lineup came into the picture...
Jan 26, 7:13 PM

Sep 2018
My main thing is games. I stopped collecting most other things but a list of some things
-plushies
-Keychain
-Yugioh/pokemon cards
-anime figures
-dad's lmao spellcheck (dvds)
-beyblades
-bionicles
Jan 26, 8:23 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to MasterTasuke

It was.

Carl Macek allegedly wished to bring SDF MACROSS to U.S. Market
in as pure and unmolested a form as he could possibly find a way to manage.

HG Allegedly felt it would improve MACROSS' prospects in the U.S. by tying it to Product/Sponsor Support...
and that was where CEJI/REVELL and their "ROBOTECH" Tentpole Brand Title
for their import Japanese Mecha Model Kit lineup came into the picture...
@MasterTasuke Carl Macek always got a lot of shit from Macross purists. I know Streamline dubs were often panned by hardcore fans in the 90s. I'm not sure if it was because of accuracy or just that Streamline rarely put out subtitled versions of their titles.

I knoe Harmony Gold is still around, and still keeping an iron grip on the Macross, Southern Cross, Mospeda licenses. Maybe someday we'll get proper releases on Blu Ray.
Jan 26, 8:25 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to Rpgmonger
I collect fishing baits. It was my big passion black then. I still go occasionaly now and then, and I enjoy buying a new bait everytime to remember the day
@Rpgmonger Any favorite baits or trips?
Jan 26, 10:10 PM

May 2021
I guess maybe Funko Pop figures, but I don't have that many.
Jan 26, 11:27 PM

Dec 2022
I collect anime dvds! Something about watching anime on dvd just hits different.

Jan 27, 1:44 AM

Jan 2021
If I was filthy rich I would collect yugioh cards

I have a lot of books and clothes but I don't buy them because I want to have a big collection
Jan 27, 2:46 AM

Jan 2015
The only things i can afford to collect rn are my cat’s wiskers
My candies:
Jan 27, 3:08 AM

Feb 2016
Vinyl records, old games and books.

I got into collecting records in early high school; mainly 70s rock & early electronic music, but also 90s and early 2000s dance music (with miscellaneous stuff throughout it). They're cool décor, and I could DJ in wax if I got another turntable, but overall it's not something I care about as deeply as I used to. I've got 500 individual records at most, with few expensive items, and rarely buy new ones. I've also got a decent amount of CDs and cassettes, though not nearly as many, mainly of my favourite albums (which didn't come out on vinyl) or rare stuff I've not found in high quality online.

Another collecting hobby I've had for a while is DS/3DS games - it's my favourite console and I have a lot of great memories on, so I've gotten a pretty good collection of high quality games which I actually like, or expect to enjoy (mainly JRPGs). Some items are very expensive, especially considering the 3DS is region locked and PAL isn't the best for collecting. I'm very tempted to sell most of it as I don't really have much time for video games anymore and can't see myself finishing all of those games anytime soon...

Currently the main money-sink in my life is books, and not because I particularly feel like having a large amount of them, but because I actually intend to read them and have been enamoured with educating myself about obtuse bullshit.

If I had the money for it, I'd collect fossils and Gandharan artefacts.
Jan 27, 5:34 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to MrYujufudan
@Rpgmonger Any favorite baits or trips?
@MrYujufudan I still have an orange mackerel I used when I was young. It was from a family trip I did with my parents. I think that's the reason why I started to collect them. Didn't start back in the day, but after remembering that day, It became a mandatory thing for me.
Jan 27, 5:36 AM

Feb 2018
Reply to tectacles
I collect anime dvds! Something about watching anime on dvd just hits different.

Especially via the better-made Vintage DVD Players out there...

MasterTasukeJan 27, 5:48 AM
Jan 27, 7:02 AM

Apr 2015
-Anime figures
-diecast model ships and cars
-model ships (Battlestar stuff)
-Glass figurines (the ones shaped like animals)
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 27, 7:08 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Zimmu
Collecting manga/LN. Another thing is Apple products.
@Zimmu Probably a bit expensive now, but I'm sure that payoff in the future would be worth it

Be safe and well travels,
Chris
Jan 27, 7:09 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Kwanthemaster
Very cool collection you have going! Nice to see something which is less common among a community like this.

I have a growing manga collection and I can basically say I collect short animated films/commercials/music videos at this point (both archiving and viewing).

In the past, I've collected fruit/vegetable stickers (yes really; I have hundreds-thousands of them in my notebooks), Steam games (2.5K in my library), Free Realms items (RIP), coins (a humble collection of stuff I've found in the wild), and Bionicle (I have everything from my childhood, which is pretty substantial considering my obsession, and would like to continue this at some point, but alas, they are only getting more expensive).
@Kwanthemaster The fruit/vegetable stickers is interesting. What kinda led into that? And do you still do it today?

Chris
Jan 27, 7:10 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Meusnier
bevarnow said:
@Meusnier That is very interesting. Why are you searching for that book specifically?

Thank you. He is my favourite 18th century writer, and there were very few complete editions of his work since then.
@Meusnier What about their writing do you like the most?

Chris
Jan 27, 7:12 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Lazulite
it's cool that you guys collect stuff because i'm the opposite where i have no interest in collecting things, even the light novels and manga i have i'm trying to sell off and get rid of.
@Lazulite I'm sure you'll find something you'll enjoy to collect. You just haven't discovered it yet

Chris
Jan 27, 7:13 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to MrYujufudan
bevarnow said:
@MrYujufudan I'm not sure what the MAL Rules are on posting links like that, buts in my profile under Also Available At. Just click on Helmet & Headwear. My website looks like it straight out of 2005, and that is exactly how I want it lol.

I checked your about me section, but totally forgot about the also avaliable at section. I'll check it out I've always had an interest in uniforms and their history.
@MrYujufudan I really need to update my site lol, I have a ton more stuff that isn't on there

Chris
Jan 27, 7:14 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Rpgmonger
I collect fishing baits. It was my big passion black then. I still go occasionaly now and then, and I enjoy buying a new bait everytime to remember the day
@Rpgmonger Did you start collecting cause you went fishing alot? Any rare lures in your collection?

Chris
Jan 27, 7:16 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Rpgmonger
@Rpgmonger Did you start collecting cause you went fishing alot? Any rare lures in your collection?

Chris
Jan 27, 7:17 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to 0arche
@bevarnow never thought of counting my collection so I don’t have an answer unfortunately.

Any sauropods on a postcard?

Weirdly enough I don’t have any, need to fix that. Thank you!
@0arche What would be your rough estimate of both? And how long have you been collecting?

Chris
Jan 27, 7:18 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
mental illness diagnoses

......... also, houseplants. and yes I do believe there is a connection there.
@Noelle43 Correlation does not always equal causation, however maybe it does in this case lol

Chris
Jan 27, 7:23 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to bevarnow
@bevarnow I used to go fishing a lot when I was a kid and as a teen. But after that, I stopped for a while, after I remembered those days by re-discovering the baits in my room. After that, I started to go fishing again just by myself. Just casually. Had a lot of baits stored, but after that I started to buy a new one on every trip as a souvenir. Every one of them have been used at least once.
I have a lot of them. Not sure about their rarity since I don't collect them for that. But I have lures from the 80's if that's rare
Jan 27, 7:59 AM

Dec 2015
Here's bunch of random stuff I have such as some electronics, treadle, cards [5% of what I used to have as the rest got stolen - I hav around 200 of them rn], games, books, cold weapons and some VHS original [as the photos of recorded one are of bad quality + there's several - 40+ more somewhere, in photo yo ucan see one recorded VHS of Troy movie] psp games and some light novels [bleach, ngnl and sao, I don't remember where I have the older ones of sao-ngnl, somewhere under my bed they should be but I am too lazy to check it right now] etc., I don't know where I have plastic soldiers, bionicle and hot wheels cars most likely somewhere in basement or they've got already thrown out.

Jan 27, 10:54 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to rohan121
My main thing is games. I stopped collecting most other things but a list of some things
-plushies
-Keychain
-Yugioh/pokemon cards
-anime figures
-dad's lmao spellcheck (dvds)
-beyblades
-bionicles
@rohan121 What type of keychains? And "dad's lmao spellcheck", please elaborate on why you call them that lol

Chris
Jan 27, 10:55 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to VampireLord1024
I guess maybe Funko Pop figures, but I don't have that many.
@VampireLord1024 Something I've seen with Funko's is that they in and out of popularity. And then of course there are certain ones that are way more popular than others, any rare ones in your collection so far?

Chris
Jan 27, 10:56 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to tectacles
@tectacles I think its also the same as reading a book in person, or manga. Something about it lol. Anything rare or unique in your collection?

Chris
Jan 27, 10:57 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Daddy-Lucifer
The only things i can afford to collect rn are my cat’s wiskers
@Daddy-Lucifer I mean if the Ice Guy taught us anything, its that cat whiskers are good luck lol

Chris
Jan 27, 10:59 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to TibetanJazz666
Vinyl records, old games and books.

I got into collecting records in early high school; mainly 70s rock & early electronic music, but also 90s and early 2000s dance music (with miscellaneous stuff throughout it). They're cool décor, and I could DJ in wax if I got another turntable, but overall it's not something I care about as deeply as I used to. I've got 500 individual records at most, with few expensive items, and rarely buy new ones. I've also got a decent amount of CDs and cassettes, though not nearly as many, mainly of my favourite albums (which didn't come out on vinyl) or rare stuff I've not found in high quality online.

Another collecting hobby I've had for a while is DS/3DS games - it's my favourite console and I have a lot of great memories on, so I've gotten a pretty good collection of high quality games which I actually like, or expect to enjoy (mainly JRPGs). Some items are very expensive, especially considering the 3DS is region locked and PAL isn't the best for collecting. I'm very tempted to sell most of it as I don't really have much time for video games anymore and can't see myself finishing all of those games anytime soon...

Currently the main money-sink in my life is books, and not because I particularly feel like having a large amount of them, but because I actually intend to read them and have been enamoured with educating myself about obtuse bullshit.

If I had the money for it, I'd collect fossils and Gandharan artefacts.
@TibetanJazz666 OoOoOO, very interesting. Any trance records among your possessions? And I definitely bet you could make some bank right now if you were to sell your DS/3DS collection considering the market for them currently. Any books in your possession that are particularly rare or unique? And what are you searching for?

Chris
Jan 27, 11:01 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Tropisch
-Anime figures
-diecast model ships and cars
-model ships (Battlestar stuff)
-Glass figurines (the ones shaped like animals)
@Tropisch For the glass figurines, I've only ever seen them as the small ones. Do they make larger ones? And do you just collect for the different animals, or like different companies?

Chris
Jan 27, 11:02 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Rpgmonger
@bevarnow I used to go fishing a lot when I was a kid and as a teen. But after that, I stopped for a while, after I remembered those days by re-discovering the baits in my room. After that, I started to go fishing again just by myself. Just casually. Had a lot of baits stored, but after that I started to buy a new one on every trip as a souvenir. Every one of them have been used at least once.
I have a lot of them. Not sure about their rarity since I don't collect them for that. But I have lures from the 80's if that's rare
@Rpgmonger Ah ok I see. I'm sure if you were to take some time to research into each, you could probably find out as theres a market for anything out there

Chris
Jan 27, 11:04 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Zettaiken
Here's bunch of random stuff I have such as some electronics, treadle, cards [5% of what I used to have as the rest got stolen - I hav around 200 of them rn], games, books, cold weapons and some VHS original [as the photos of recorded one are of bad quality + there's several - 40+ more somewhere, in photo yo ucan see one recorded VHS of Troy movie] psp games and some light novels [bleach, ngnl and sao, I don't remember where I have the older ones of sao-ngnl, somewhere under my bed they should be but I am too lazy to check it right now] etc., I don't know where I have plastic soldiers, bionicle and hot wheels cars most likely somewhere in basement or they've got already thrown out.

@Zettaiken Very interesting. I also have a PSP and hang begun collecting games for it, but I don't know where the actual PSP went lol. And I see what I believe is a U.S. M1 Helmet. Do you know if thats real or a reproduction?

Chris
Jan 27, 11:35 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to bevarnow
@Zettaiken Very interesting. I also have a PSP and hang begun collecting games for it, but I don't know where the actual PSP went lol. And I see what I believe is a U.S. M1 Helmet. Do you know if thats real or a reproduction?
@bevarnow It's a reproduction and I bought it in Gdańsk so Idk if it's based on US or Polish [or something else, as I am quite 0 knowledgeable about modern era military equipment], gas mask too. The medieval helmet is real 2.5mm of non hardened steel - 7-8 kilograms of weigth.
Jan 27, 11:53 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Zettaiken
@bevarnow It's a reproduction and I bought it in Gdańsk so Idk if it's based on US or Polish [or something else, as I am quite 0 knowledgeable about modern era military equipment], gas mask too. The medieval helmet is real 2.5mm of non hardened steel - 7-8 kilograms of weigth.
@Zettaiken Interesting about that medieval helmet. Please do post more photos of it, since you reside in Poland I have an idea of what it is if its not an M1.

Chris
Jan 27, 12:17 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to bevarnow
@Zettaiken Interesting about that medieval helmet. Please do post more photos of it, since you reside in Poland I have an idea of what it is if its not an M1.
@bevarnow sure, here's the photos of side look, inside and from behind, for me it looks like wz 31 salamandra as that's the Polish helmet from WWII and as I bought it when I was visiting the Westerplatte [the iconic place in which WWII has began, I suppose it could be it?]

Jan 27, 12:47 PM

Jun 2019
bevarnow said:
@Meusnier What about their writing do you like the most?

I would recommend his maxims, that are only partially translated into English under the misleading title The Cynic's Breviary—for Chamfort was anything but a cynic, as his engagement in the French Revolution shows clearly.
Jan 27, 12:51 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Zettaiken
@bevarnow sure, here's the photos of side look, inside and from behind, for me it looks like wz 31 salamandra as that's the Polish helmet from WWII and as I bought it when I was visiting the Westerplatte [the iconic place in which WWII has began, I suppose it could be it?]

@Zettaiken That is not, it is Polish however. That is a Polish Wz.67, considered to be the first entirely Polish helmet. Considering the color, that was likely used by the Army. I have a similar one I was speaking about earlier in this thread. The Wz.67 and the later Wz.67/75 are extremely common helmets, the Wz.67/75 I have in my collection I only paid $15USD for lol. How much did you pay for it?

Chris
Jan 27, 1:40 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to bevarnow
@Zettaiken That is not, it is Polish however. That is a Polish Wz.67, considered to be the first entirely Polish helmet. Considering the color, that was likely used by the Army. I have a similar one I was speaking about earlier in this thread. The Wz.67 and the later Wz.67/75 are extremely common helmets, the Wz.67/75 I have in my collection I only paid $15USD for lol. How much did you pay for it?
@bevarnow I bought it like 8-10 years ago for hmmm I think around 200 złoty [PLN], maybe less or more, I don't remember exactly the price.
Jan 27, 1:50 PM

May 2021
bevarnow said:
Something I've seen with Funko's is that they in and out of popularity. And then of course there are certain ones that are way more popular than others, any rare ones in your collection so far?

Not really a forum talker & possibly this one if you consider it "rare":

Though I didn't actually get it a convention, as I bought it at a store.
Jan 27, 2:17 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Zettaiken
@bevarnow I bought it like 8-10 years ago for hmmm I think around 200 złoty [PLN], maybe less or more, I don't remember exactly the price.
@Zettaiken Converted to USD in todays prices, I wouldn't pay that and especially in PL lol

Chris
Jan 27, 2:17 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to VampireLord1024
bevarnow said:
Something I've seen with Funko's is that they in and out of popularity. And then of course there are certain ones that are way more popular than others, any rare ones in your collection so far?

Not really a forum talker & possibly this one if you consider it "rare":

Though I didn't actually get it a convention, as I bought it at a store.
@VampireLord1024 Very interesting!

Chris
Jan 27, 2:27 PM

May 2021
bevarnow said:
Very interesting!

Sure, I guess it might be interesting.
Jan 27, 6:23 PM

Sep 2018
Professional tennis matches, have a couple thousand on DVD and many more as digital downloads. Mainly matches that are difficult to find online, at least at the time of purchase.
Jan 27, 6:33 PM

Jun 2016
Rpgmonger said:
@MrYujufudan I still have an orange mackerel I used when I was young. It was from a family trip I did with my parents. I think that's the reason why I started to collect them. Didn't start back in the day, but after remembering that day, It became a mandatory thing for me.

That's cool. I don't have any baits I have close memories with mostly photos. I've always been fortunate to have someone close to me who is really into fishing so I've never needed to buy lures, rods, etc. I remember my dad had a lure that was his dad's that he kept around for good luck.
Jan 27, 6:50 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to bevarnow
@MrYujufudan I really need to update my site lol, I have a ton more stuff that isn't on there
@bevarnow All I'm really seeing is the catalog of GTA models. I really dig the Volvo 240 police car.
Jan 27, 6:59 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to MasterTasuke

Especially via the better-made Vintage DVD Players out there...

@MasterTasuke The glossy front panel on the pioneer elites was always so cool. It goes so well with the wood sides. I always wanted one of this style LD players but could never afford it.
Jan 27, 7:49 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to GakutoDeathGlare
Professional tennis matches, have a couple thousand on DVD and many more as digital downloads. Mainly matches that are difficult to find online, at least at the time of purchase.
@GakutoDeathGlare Interesting, why so?

Chris
Jan 27, 7:55 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to MrYujufudan
@bevarnow All I'm really seeing is the catalog of GTA models. I really dig the Volvo 240 police car.
@MrYujufudan It is quite easy to miss. You have to click on Chris' Helmet & Helmet Collection. I do really need to update the site ol. And I appreciate it as well lol

Chris
Jan 27, 7:57 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to bevarnow
@GakutoDeathGlare Interesting, why so?
@bevarnow Mainly because I'm a massive tennis nerd and was always interested in the history of the sport, which in turn lead to me wanting to watch the past great matches. They're a lot easier to find online these days, but years ago, you had to know people/be in contact with buyers or get yourself into a torrent group (the most popular today are now closed groups). I must have spent thousands on matches over the years.
Jan 27, 8:56 PM

Jan 2017
Mostly coins [have a lot of ancient roman coins] but also recently I started collecting anime figures and stuff after spending a month in Japan.

Coins:

Anime stuff:

Jan 28, 12:43 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to MrYujufudan
Rpgmonger said:

That's cool. I don't have any baits I have close memories with mostly photos. I've always been fortunate to have someone close to me who is really into fishing so I've never needed to buy lures, rods, etc. I remember my dad had a lure that was his dad's that he kept around for good luck.
@MrYujufudan you are lucky to have people to fish with. It's important to value and enjoy the things we have today. We never know when they're going to go away. Everyday is a gift. Make them count.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The very random (and possibly useless) knowledge thread

DigiCat - May 22

45 by DigiCat »»
7 minutes ago

» Is MAL dying?

TsutanaiFuun - 3 hours ago

12 by Sad »»
9 minutes ago

» What type of physical affection do you crave/Fantasize the most about?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

9 by Taiyaa »»
18 minutes ago

» I think zodiac signs are more real than people think ( 1 2 )

Taiyaa - Oct 13, 2023

53 by Sad »»
25 minutes ago

» Biggest life hot takes? ( 1 2 )

Rabnawaz2 - Jun 15

85 by Zarutaku »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.