Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 30, 2010 7:20 PM

May 2010
I'm a girl, and I see nothing wrong with short men. Personally, I have no clue why people go on and on and on about being tall or short. Does it really matter? Even though I know it sounds cliche, isn't it whats on the inside that counts?
May 31, 2010 7:05 PM

Jan 2008
First of all, height absolutely does not matter in a relationship. I'd never judge anyone by their height.
Secondly, short guys are adorable. :D I tend to like them more than tall guys. Haha...

Lovely Complex ftw btw
May 31, 2010 8:44 PM

Apr 2009
I think all the women here who saying they like short guys are being nice. I didn't have a my last growth spurt (i'm about 1.8m) until I was 17 and about to enter college. And was about 1.5m for most of high school. Girls don't like short guys unless their is something to offset it. Like your looks or something else. But side by side to a taller guy, with everything you have, over 75% of the time she's picking the taller one.

Here's an interesting article:

http://www.jonathanrauch.com/jrauch_articles/2004/08/short_guys_fini.html
um_esperMay 31, 2010 8:47 PM
Jun 1, 2010 5:53 AM

Jul 2009
I think the perfect height is around 5'10ish for a guy, i am 5'11 and already it feel a little too tall for some chairs , and anything over is kinda ogreish
Jun 1, 2010 6:25 AM

May 2010
I'm about 180cm myself, and my ex is 152cm xD. because of her i've really started to take a liking to short girls. i dont know whats wrong with me, but now when they seem almost as high. i dont know, i get like a weird feeling xD she got me addicted to "shorties" :P
Jun 1, 2010 7:21 AM
Jan 2008
um_esper said:
I think all the women here who saying they like short guys are being nice.
Here's an interesting article:
http://www.jonathanrauch.com/jrauch_articles/2004/08/short_guys_fini.html

Yeah, maybe they're just being nice...
Apparently this article states that there is no hope to short men.
Jun 1, 2010 7:54 AM

Apr 2008
Doesn't matter how tall I am, my manly charms will bring anyone in my grasp!
Jun 1, 2010 7:55 AM

May 2008
um_esper said:

Yes, let's treat any diversity and minority opinion as incorrect because it doesn't follow the status quo.

Just like how every guy on the internet who claims to prefer flat chests must just be being nice.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jun 1, 2010 10:22 AM

Nov 2007
I'm a nice person. More short guys for me.
Jun 1, 2010 10:47 AM

Mar 2010
also kinda depens on were you live, If your a short dude that think he doesn't have a chance with the ladies. Dont go and live in the netherlands or denmark coz that's were all the giants live:p(no seriously danisch and dutch people have the highest average height)

Jun 1, 2010 11:00 AM

Apr 2010
I'm short ;;
Jun 1, 2010 11:31 AM
Jan 2008
designed said:
also kinda depens on were you live, If your a short dude that think he doesn't have a chance with the ladies. Dont go and live in the netherlands or denmark coz that's were all the giants live:p(no seriously danisch and dutch people have the highest average height)

I live in Brazil and although the average height is 1.70 m there are M-A-N-Y tall people. My father himself is 1.81 m.
Brazilian women are no exception to the rule that females prefer tall men.
Jun 1, 2010 12:13 PM

Jun 2009
ukonkivi said:
um_esper said:

Yes, let's treat any diversity and minority opinion as incorrect because it doesn't follow the status quo.

Just like how every guy on the internet who claims to prefer flat chests must just be being nice.

Thank you.
Jun 1, 2010 12:27 PM

Feb 2010
Short girls medium guy, ftw. :)
Like I said in a previous post, I like to be cradled and have someone chest and arms to wrap around me. If it was a guy my height/smaller than me, my head would have to go on their shoulder and it's just not the same comforting feeling.
In my opinion above 5'11 is too much for me, seeing as I'm 5'4.
You're still the one that I love, the only one I dream of~
Jun 1, 2010 1:56 PM
Oct 2009
Isn't it sort of like natural selection? picking the alpha male etc....lol
Jun 1, 2010 2:34 PM
Jan 2008
Free_Candy said:
Isn't it sort of like natural selection? picking the alpha male etc....lol

Nowadays is not height that makes an alpha male. But anyway we're still pretty "animalistic" like some guy wrote.
uncivilized_oneJun 1, 2010 2:40 PM
Jun 1, 2010 3:44 PM

Nov 2009
mrjag said:
Mistyunion said:

I'd date someone shorter if he was rich...

"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money costs less."
- Brendon Francis

Paying a prostitute is cheaper these days...
Hey, I currently have no income. I'd date not for the money but for access to his social circle. Then, I'd dump 'im if he was a jerk. It really does matter what a person acts like, and as long as their figure wasn't mentally scaring or something, and have a kind personality, I'd date them.

Jun 3, 2010 2:59 PM

May 2010
I've never dated since I'm obviously too young, but I used to have a lot of crushes on short boys

I guess if you want the perspective from a 10 year old girl, lmao :/

Have pride in being short! I'm also rather short for my age, but I am still growing, so..

Jun 3, 2010 3:42 PM

Jul 2008
LoveEnmaAi said:
I've never dated since I'm obviously too young, but I used to have a lot of crushes on short boys

I guess if you want the perspective from a 10 year old girl, lmao :/

Have pride in being short! I'm also rather short for my age, but I am still growing, so..

Where are your parents? They let you be around boys? Shame on them.
Jun 3, 2010 3:50 PM

Feb 2009
inferiority complex?
Jun 3, 2010 3:50 PM

Oct 2007
mrjag said:
Have you ever heard of a girl who like short guys or didn't have anything against dating a short guy? Just by curiosity, I want to know about this from people from other countries.

[edit] - I'm 1.68 m - 5' 6"

That's 2 inches taller than me, so to me that's not too short lol. Short to me is 5'4'' and smaller.
Jun 3, 2010 4:45 PM

Oct 2008
girls likes big dicks.
Jun 3, 2010 6:24 PM

May 2010
I was trying to holler at this chick. She was 6'1". She wasn't interested, unfortunately. So from that one experience, I have come to a grand conclusion that girls do not like short guys.
Jun 3, 2010 6:26 PM

Jun 2009
Since I am a short girl, I guess I like shorter men.

More or less though, I don't think how tall they are is really an issue for me.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jun 3, 2010 7:20 PM

Jun 2010
I have to say I'm 5'2 and I've dated a guy that was 6'3 and the other guy I dated after that was 5'6. Height isn't the issue as much as the personality of the guy. If he is good to you than that is all that matters. He has to be able to defend your honor! No matter how tall or short he is! lol
Jun 3, 2010 9:12 PM

Oct 2008
jenjen01 said:
I have to say I'm 5'2 and I've dated a guy that was 6'3 and the other guy I dated after that was 5'6. Height isn't the issue as much as the personality of the guy. If he is good to you than that is all that matters. He has to be able to defend your honor! No matter how tall or short he is! lol
what if he's against a 7 foot goliath who is at the same time very, very angry? like a raging bull!
Jun 4, 2010 2:06 AM

Jun 2010
i dont mind dating a short guy if he dont mind dating a tall girl
cuz well im a tall girl
xD
Jun 4, 2010 8:38 AM

Aug 2009
Only if you're McAvoy
Jun 4, 2010 9:02 AM

Nov 2007
My best friend has a boyfriend shorter than her, and one of my classmates is in love with a guy who's waaaay shorter.
Jun 4, 2010 11:42 AM

Jul 2008
If I were to fall in love with a short guy then I would fall in love with a short guy..It's not that big of a deal to me.

I didn't want to hurt you but you're pretty when you cry. I didn't really love you but I'm pretty when I lie.

Jun 4, 2010 1:28 PM

Mar 2010
Frito said:
girls likes big dicks.

lol XD
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Jun 4, 2010 1:59 PM

Apr 2010
For me short boys are better, I short myself. I don't mind.

Jun 4, 2010 8:58 PM

Jan 2010
Well for me as a guy, I wouldn't like a taller girlfriend (I'm 178 cm tall).
ROFL.
I'd want to be the type of boyfriend that protects my little helpless girl.
I'd want a shorter girlfriend.
Short girls are cute ♥_♥

ROFL, well that's just my personal preference.
Short, quiet little girl who seems caring.
Jun 5, 2010 10:04 AM

Oct 2008
Sucrose said:
ROFL.
Short girls are cute ♥_♥

you sound like you want a pet.
Jun 5, 2010 10:12 AM

Feb 2009
Sucrose said:
ROFL.
Short girls are cute ♥_♥

Lol simply lol.....that made me lol :)

Frito said:
girls likes big dicks.

personal experience or pr0n movies?
Jun 7, 2010 2:11 PM

Nov 2008
One of my friends back in high school really liked short guys. I'm not too sure why she does though.
Jun 8, 2010 2:14 AM
May 2010
yeh. All the short guys I know suddenly grow massive.
Jun 9, 2010 12:18 PM

Sep 2009

This whole obsession with height is really very strange to me.
Jun 9, 2010 12:27 PM
Jun 2010
I'm a short guy; 5'4" irl. It used to bug me a lot because the girls I went to school with made a big deal about it.

But yeah, a girl's height doesn't matter to me, I've dated quite a few taller than me post high school.

And I liked LC for that exact reason hehe.
Jun 9, 2010 1:36 PM
Mar 2009
6enicki said:
Even though I know it sounds cliche, isn't it whats on the inside that counts?

It's whats on the inside that counts, but it's whats on the outside that matters.
Jun 9, 2010 2:47 PM

Apr 2010
Looks do not matter; but the outside attracts people into the inside (well, that's how most people go) It might sound a bit wrong.. but looks get the attention first. Although, I tend to like guys when their personality shows up on the outside. Hard to explain, also hard to find - seeing as most people hide behind a persona.

Gahh, anyway the inside counts the most; so your height doesn't matter; although, different girls like different guys..
making a signature at the moment >:)
Jun 9, 2010 6:25 PM

May 2009
This thread depresses me, was it really needed to be asked on a forum about dating issues you have with short girls?

Do friends not know about these problems?

.[We Are The Ocean]. - "Nothing Good Has Happened Yet"
Jun 9, 2010 6:27 PM

Nov 2009
xEPICFAILx said:
This thread depresses me, was it really needed to be asked on a forum about dating issues you have with short girls?

Do friends not know about these problems?
Ask for advice where ever you can get it from. I know I would never ask something like this to my friends. They would probably laugh at me, being the wonderfully supportive compatriots they are.

Jun 10, 2010 2:22 AM

Mar 2009

To give short guys some hope: The next student body president at my school is an inch or two shorter than me(I am a female who is just barely 5'6"). He also won two of around twelve awards given to the academically successful members of the junior class in an assembly today; one general, one specified to the math/science department that came with some huge scholarship. He's probably the only guy in our grade who is noticeably shorter than I am.
He also doesn't have a girlfriend. Which is truly weird when you consider that just about everyone in our class likes his personality, but he doesn't seem interested in dating, so that may be all it is. Either that or it's the fact that he seems to draw out everything he talks about, beyond the words any other person I know should need use of to explain themselves, so it can be weird trying to have a full conversation with him.

Personally, I'd prefer a guy who's shorter than me or a girl that's a little taller. Alas I'm not in a position to give much thought to dating.
Jun 10, 2010 3:07 AM
Jun 2010
Believe it or not, but as you get older, issues like height become far less problematic. I didn't have a SINGLE gf in high school at an astounding 5'4", then in college I had 2 long term relationships (one 1.5 yr, another 3), then in law school, I had a lot of flings. I realize I'm kinda dating myself here, but here's my point to all you short guys out there...

It REALLY isn't the package itself, but how you present it. If you even begin to think you dont stand a chance because youre short, you've already lost the battle. A confident and witty short guy will take home the girl over a tall shy guy 9 times out of 10. I promise. Just work on the confidence.

I wish there was a good anime guy to model yourself after, but none come to mind atm. Ulquiorra[sp?] maybe? He seems kinda short, but that's one cocky mofo and fan girls go nuts over him.

-.- probably a bad example, but hopefully you see where I am going.
Jun 10, 2010 11:07 PM

Jun 2010
I do. I don't mind if they're shorter than me, I actually find it pretty attractive.

I have to say though, I don't understand the intense focus on height, especially in heterosexual relationships. I understand if it's a preference, but for some people, I think it subconsciously reflects gender roles and that is a little disturbing.
Jun 10, 2010 11:15 PM

Jun 2010
I'm 4'11 irl.
Personally:
As long as the guy is taller than me, by an inch or whatever, it doesn't matter just the idea of a guy being under 5ft? I feel sorry for them, I have troubles being as short as I am and I'm a girl.
In General:
Tall guys are cute even when their face isn't, this is just by looks. You need the personality if you're going to date someone too. Tall guys just make you feel safer and special.. err I don't know how to explain it. maybe it adds to manliness?
Jul 27, 2010 11:13 AM
Jan 2008
News! I found a community on the social network website ORKUT (mostly brazilian) called "Women Who Love Short Guys"! I'm impressed by the amount of women in the community!
This is the community's image:

And I found about Tom Cruise's special sneakers, but I wouldn't like one of these:

uncivilized_oneJul 27, 2010 1:42 PM
Jul 27, 2010 11:42 AM

Jun 2008
Well... I'm a pretty short girl, 5'5. If I was really into a guy his height wouldn't really matter to me, as a matter of preference I like them to be my height or taller. My boyfriend is 5'8 and he always feels like he's short, and wishes he was taller, but compared to my height I think 5'8 is perfect.
Jul 27, 2010 1:45 PM

Jun 2010
i have absolutely nothing against dating a short guy-especially when they are aware of it and can joke about it (^_^)
(im from the USA if you wanted to know that)
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth...
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Favorite animal?

Metalboy76 - 25 minutes ago

5 by vasipi4946 »»
1 minute ago

» Are video games a waste of time and money?? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

51 by Order-Sol »»
1 minute ago

» Plummeting Birthrates Is a Good Thing

vasipi4946 - 5 minutes ago

0 by vasipi4946 »»
5 minutes ago

» Do Americans reproduce by mitosis?

Dije - 43 minutes ago

3 by vasipi4946 »»
22 minutes ago

» What do you smell like?

Theonewhorules - Feb 17, 2022

46 by JaniSIr »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.