Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2023 2:38 PM
Oct 2020
man, this episode felt like 5 minutes...
Aug 6, 2023 2:41 PM
Dec 2017
AAARRRGGHHHHH THIS IS SOOO FREAKING GOOD!!!
Aug 6, 2023 2:52 PM

Jan 2012
Been a while since I've read the books. Anyone recall why Sylphie didn't just straight up reveal her identity to him when they met? I think it was she's afraid he wouldn't remember her since he didn't immediately recognize her when the finally reunited or something like that.
Aug 6, 2023 2:55 PM
Jul 2023
cooooooooooooool
Aug 6, 2023 3:02 PM

Dec 2016
Best boy Zanoba is back along with my favorite character Cliff.  
Aug 6, 2023 3:12 PM
Apr 2023
PANTİES PANTİES PANTİES PANTİES PANTİES PANTİES PANTİES PANTİES PANTİES PANTİES PANTİES PANTİES PANTİES
Aug 6, 2023 3:14 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Great ep!!

I’m surprised Sylphie didn’t get more emotional when they first saw Rudy. Also, why’s Sylphie keeping her identity a secret from Rudy?? He can be trusted

And they’re totally gonna bang eventually lol
Aug 6, 2023 3:15 PM

Jan 2019
Finally feels like we're back to the momentum season 1 had.

Aug 6, 2023 3:17 PM
Dec 2015
Maybe I was being wishful that they would show Rudeus growing into a better person by toning down the perviness as we progressed through the series. Like how are panties incorporated into every episode??? I will continue to watch but the baseline of perviness is a bit off-putting
Aug 6, 2023 3:21 PM

May 2015
Drusix said:
MangagnaM said:
Nothing? It's slower but stuff is happening with each episode. Might as well save you the time as you say the whole cour has nothing happening since the rest of the cour has the school arc stuff with Rudeus building relationships with people, expanding on magic and healing at his own pace after years of adventuring and emotional toil he had from, especially with the first few episodes. But that all is equivalent to 'nothing' I guess
I don't care about his mental health or these new students. This anime was about exploration of the world and fighting. This is not ok, to completly change the genre of the anime from season to season. I find his new friends extremly irritating. 

Found the tourist. You obviously have zero idea what this story is about
Aug 6, 2023 3:56 PM
Jul 2019
great animation.
Aug 6, 2023 4:17 PM

Apr 2017
Good episode, finally the reunion between sylphie and rudeus is here! but rudeus has no clue lol. i like that he didnt figure it out in this episode but i really hope it doesnt get dragged on until the season finale (pls spoil me how fast rudeus discover that fitz is sylphie)

Also i see a lot of people talking about elinalise, we get a small line about her having a curse, maybe shes there to study about it? lets see.

I was expecting rudeus to call luke as a cousin, i hope they talk someday about their family.

another spoiler i want to get is WILL WE GET TO SEE SARA AGAIN? it was a good character :(
Hi
Aug 6, 2023 4:18 PM
Sep 2020
Perfection, everything about it. The op and ending are the most perfect things I've ever witnessed.
Aug 6, 2023 4:30 PM

Feb 2020
Brother was questioning his sexuality at the end there lmao
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2023 4:31 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
First off, I was absolutely not expecting the OP to finally have visuals for this series but it’s a welcome change for me whether it’s gonna be this way from now on or not, I saw some folks upset about this which was kinda funny to me but I get it, it was a bit more creative without actual OP visuals.

But now we’ve finally entered the school arc, it felt very Harry Potter-like but that’s not a bad feeling lol, and Rudeus finally met Sylphie again after all this time but sadly did not recognize her, I kinda like it like this tho because this means we’ll see an interesting new relationship build between the two of them, I’m already liking what they have going on from the events of this episode. It was also nice seeing Zanoba again, I enjoy his energy and goofiness lol.

And they also casually dropped that Elinalise has a curse where she needs to constantly do the dirty, that’s interesting to know but I also kinda wish she was just like that without a curse lol, it was funnier that way. And poor Rudeus got caught with panties and nearly got castrated (I’m assuming lol) but thankfully Sylphie saved his ass because it was her own blunder after all, that gorilla girl was scary tho lol. And lastly those were very nice ED visuals, glad to see that finally and I love how Sylphie focused it is, goes very well with the song too.
TheColonel76Aug 6, 2023 5:11 PM
Aug 6, 2023 4:32 PM

Jul 2015
I'm loving the backgrounds. There were some cuts, but nothing major.

Nelhkhw said:
Good episode, finally the reunion between sylphie and rudeus is here! but rudeus has no clue lol. i like that he didnt figure it out in this episode but i really hope it doesnt get dragged on until the season finale (pls spoil me how fast rudeus discover that fitz is sylphie)

Aug 6, 2023 4:50 PM

Sep 2011
We were so damn close.  If he didn't have that one damn thought about his stupid ED
Aug 6, 2023 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
noooo...rudeus didn't recognize sylphy at all. how!!! the wand! didn't even make the connection that fitz is female since she's somehow in the girls dormitory arranging Ariel's panties.
Aug 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Jul 2017
MoeCrescent said:
noooo...rudeus didn't recognize sylphy at all. how!!! the wand! didn't even make the connection that fitz is female since she's somehow in the girls dormitory arranging Ariel's panties.
The wand that Roxy gave to Rudeus was a generic wand given to students who mastered Beginner-tier magic, which was passed down to Sylphie too. It's not something that stands out too much. Also, Ariel is the Princess so her bodyguards and people closest to her being there isn't too surprising for a connection. It's been 8 years since he's seen Sylphie and everyone refers to her as Fitz, a male and Fitz wears men's clothing too. So it's not much of a surprise for him to not recognize her currently.
Aug 6, 2023 5:34 PM

Dec 2019
Rudeus is extremely likable to me this season wtf he's so gangsta
Aug 6, 2023 5:38 PM

Apr 2022
sugita continues to make me laugh every week lmao enjoyable stuff.
rudy and fitz finally meet but damn he doesn't recognize her. rudy got called degenerate by the ape lady, pretty spot on.
also, fairouz ai as the cat girl is pretty hot. i only hear power when she speaks.
Aug 6, 2023 5:47 PM
Dec 2019
He finally met Sylphie but he still doesn't know it's her. I guess I know how Rudeus will get rid of his ed it's from Sylphie.
Aug 6, 2023 5:57 PM

Jul 2022
Damn what a pretty ED, tho I prefer the OP, I liked this song a lot, I thought it was just another insert like in past seasons but I'm really glad I liked it and looked it up, cause now it's the official OP! (also ED has a dif meaning now I guess lol)

I didn't know about Cliff though, thank you guys for pointing it out, I just went to watch the ep, really solid episode. I loved this one as well, I'm really happy with this cast of characters, they all look pretty interesting. It's funny that Luke knows Rudeus for Fitz instead of the fact they are family lol. I mean at least that's what I got from my anime only eyes. Like I'm sure Sylphie asked the princess to look for Rudeus as well, so it makes sense Luke also knows about him, I did not expect to see him with 2 chicks though lol, he doesn't seem to be having a bad time as a bodyguard. I'm really excited to see the 6 arm guy as well. And two things with Fitz, when he said soft hands..wasn't she wearing gloves, how can Rudeus say that lmao. Also Rudeus thinks Fitz is a dude right? I didn't pay attention to the dialogue, the subs said he but I obviously can't trust those, would be funny Rudeus cured his ED by falling in love with a "dude".

Also man, you know your stand is against the MC, when you see him in this panty misunderstanding and are like totally unmoved by it cause you know that Rudeus is such a pervert he kind of deserved it even if this time he had nothing to do with it

[/center]
Aug 6, 2023 6:20 PM
Nov 2010
MeanEYE said:
56ygt66677 said:
sadly you are wrong
You have the right to your opinion as I have to mine. We'll see how this plays out, but if they keep at this "going to school" theme for any length of time, am dropping it.
it's not an opinion though you are literally wrong. The whole reason he went there is to 1 study information on the teleportation disaster 2 fix his ED 3 Learn more magic. In this episode itself they explain that he basically can do w.e he wants there.  Also from what I remember from reading the Ln this whole  season will be him at school so might as well drop it now.
Aug 6, 2023 6:24 PM

Feb 2014
Dude was walking outside a dorm and gets treated like a criminal? Not only that he was "supposedly" a special student shouldn't he wear something or at least have people know he isn't like the other students?

Also Rudeus got shunned for being in the girls' dorm's path and Fitz was inside the girls' dorm, it is 1+1 to assume Fitz is also a girl.

The writing in this anime got so bad, it is pathetic.
Aug 6, 2023 6:28 PM

Feb 2014
MangagnaM said:
LucenProject said:
Why does Fitz not tell Rudy who she is? I like the fact that it mirrors Rudy's misunderstanding from when they were children, but what's Fitz's reason?
1. She's scared that Rudeus would have forgotten her and is too afraid to deal with the heartbreak in case that's the truth. It has been like 8 years since they saw each other and both have gone through a lot over that period of time.
2. She also is working for Ariel and Luke as Silent Fitz so at least for now given her role, might need to keep her real identity a secret for the time being (although more will be revealed on that front later).
Rudeus said he was looking for his friend though, which is literally her. I assumed she didn't tell because the princess told Sylphi to adopt the Fitz identity.
Aug 6, 2023 6:28 PM

Jan 2020
Ngl, this is the first episode this season that felt like it flew by. Yes, the OP did cut the run time a bit, but it still felt like a 5 min episode. Also, just having adorable Fitz and Rudy together for a few scenes was sorely missed after all the depressing moments Rudy had gone through. I can’t wait to see more of them in this arc.
Aug 6, 2023 6:34 PM
Feb 2021
Softhenic03 said:
Very fancy magic university indeed, from diverse fields of study to a heck diverse kind of beings allowed to pursue them, but hey there still ain’t no corner where they could learn how to fix your mental health and dysfunctionalities. Though that being that, since Rudeus has already come to enrol, tagged along with Elinalise, there should be something like a practical test sort of to prove dude’s might, I mean he got an admission offer for that very same regard right? And look what we got… A GLORIFIED VERSION OF SUPERMAN GLASSES MEME. 

Look it’s fine if Sylphy might not remember him, but how come dude didn’t recognize it was Sylphy when they were confronting each other???? Just because she has a change of hair colour and wears glasses???? WHAT??? Is that how fragile human memories are just over the course of some years? Lol, anyway they have become friends.. again, it must be fate. 

A bit more introduction to our other characters, who’ll share the class with Rudy. A few of them we’ve met, but then still there are cat girls, bowl-cut nerd, prideful-kun whom we saw in one of the OVA, and then there is princess Ariel too working as student council sort of. So yeah it was just them laying the foundation for the rest of the arc.

Also, again a commotion over panty??? How many times it has been now lol. Though, Sylphy saved Rudeus from reverse-ra.. anyways, but damn lol. There should be a “panty joke” tag for this series now. 

If it wasn’t obvious; Sylphy knows who Rudeus is. Rudy doesn’t know it’s Sylphie because: name change, hair-change, glasses. Literally the majority of Sylphies identifiers are different. It’s completely within reason that he can’t tell its her, though her staff must’ve hinted it to him. This is clearly a slow boil to her eventually revealing her identity to him.
Aug 6, 2023 6:39 PM
Feb 2021
LucenProject said:
Why does Fitz not tell Rudy who she is? I like the fact that it mirrors Rudy's misunderstanding from when they were children, but what's Fitz's reason?

It’s a secret (as per Sylphie herself)
Aug 6, 2023 6:39 PM
Feb 2021
When did Rudeus learn Disturb Magic?
Aug 6, 2023 6:46 PM
Oct 2022
slugdirsh said:
When did Rudeus learn Disturb Magic?

Wasn't he trying to figure it out as soon as he for after it was used on him? During the opening credits of the next episode after Orstead s1e22, a flame from 1 hand trying to disrupt it with the other.
LucenProjectAug 6, 2023 6:56 PM
Aug 6, 2023 6:56 PM

Jun 2023
I actually prefer old opening, because I don't need to skip it even if I didn't like the song
darksideeeAug 6, 2023 6:59 PM
Aug 6, 2023 6:58 PM

Jan 2011
this is the first episode that i kinda liked from this second season, kinda
Aug 6, 2023 7:01 PM
Nov 2019
pertemuan rudeus dengan fitz
My Candies :
Aug 6, 2023 7:11 PM
May 2020
peak as always. I love this anime
Aug 6, 2023 7:15 PM

Jul 2022
curvedtree said:
Dude was walking outside a dorm and gets treated like a criminal? Not only that he was "supposedly" a special student shouldn't he wear something or at least have people know he isn't like the other students?

Also Rudeus got shunned for being in the girls' dorm's path and Fitz was inside the girls' dorm, it is 1+1 to assume Fitz is also a girl.

My first thought was that it was a set up, but I guess not, girls there are pretty scary

[/center]
Aug 6, 2023 7:21 PM

Aug 2019
curvedtree said:

Why didn't you pay attention to the episode???
Special student = exempt from tuition and attending classes. Nothing more. They don't get a badge or anything so people don't know by looking at him that he's special.
Rudy mentioned that it's his first day and he doesn't know all the buildings, streets and rules. They take panty stealing seriously because it was a problem in the past when Roxy was a student.
Fitz is Ariel's bodyguard. It's logical for him to be near the person he's protecting. None of the girls had any objections to Fitz coming out of the girls dorm, they know he lives there.
Aug 6, 2023 7:24 PM

Jan 2022
The final scene before the credits is so beautiful, and every adjective to describe amazing. Ahhh if only Rudy knew 😂😂😂
Aug 6, 2023 7:28 PM

Feb 2014
HansPhillip said:
curvedtree said:

My first thought was that it was a set up, but I guess not, girls there are pretty scary
The author probably wrote that scene thinking "damn... people will think that Fitz is so cool here 😎," but it was just pathetic, creating needless drama.

Besides, it is not like Fitz telling Rudeus she is actually Sylphi would make any difference for the princess or herself, there is nothing stopping her from revealing her identity besides the promise she made to the princess, and even that doesn't make any sense, how does telling Rudeus she is Sylphi would put either herself or the princess in danger?
Aug 6, 2023 7:48 PM
Nov 2019
Surprised that this episode actually has an opening and ending. Don't remember the last time this show had that.

Look likes they're going to drag out Rudy realizing that Fritz is Sylphie for a while longer, it is kinda funny that this is the second time he's mistaken her for a boy.
Aug 6, 2023 7:49 PM

Feb 2014
Yaggamy said:
curvedtree said:

Special student = exempt from tuition and attending classes. Nothing more. They don't get a badge or anything so people don't know by looking at him that he's special.
Rudy mentioned that it's his first day and he doesn't know all the buildings, streets and rules. They take panty stealing seriously because it was a problem in the past when Roxy was a student.
Fitz is Ariel's bodyguard. It's logical for him to be near the person he's protecting. None of the girls had any objections to Fitz coming out of the girls dorm, they know he lives there.
"They don't get a badge or anything so people don't know by looking at him that he's special." That's exactly my point, re-read what I said. The whole issue happened only because the author forced that drama, even the test was a stupid dramatisation to quicken the meeting of Rudeus and Fitz, dude was literally invited to be a part of the college for his own perks and has to pass yet another challenge? Bad writing.

"They take panty stealing seriously because it was a problem in the past when Roxy was a student." That is never mentioned in the episode.

"Fitz is Ariel's bodyguard. It's logical for him to be near the person he's protecting. None of the girls had any objections to Fitz coming out of the girls dorm, they know he lives there." "Why didn't you pay attention to the episode???" 1. Fitz is not a him, she is a woman; 2. Where was the princess when Rudeus found Fitz in the library? Or even, where was the princess when Luke found Rudeus outside? None of the girls say anything about Fitz because SHE IS LITERALLY A WOMAN and that is the girls' dormitory. Did YOU even watch the episode?
Aug 6, 2023 7:51 PM

Jun 2021
Although Rudeus didn't know it's Sylphie, I'm just glad they finally met and talk like old friends.
The Opening and Ending was nicely done. But I hope it's only in this episode or not in every episode because I still prefer their old way.
Aug 6, 2023 7:59 PM

Nov 2013
Best episode of S2 thus far.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Aug 6, 2023 8:10 PM

Aug 2019
curvedtree said:
Yaggamy said:
"They don't get a badge or anything so people don't know by looking at him that he's special." That's exactly my point, re-read what I said. The whole issue happened only because the author forced that drama, even the test was a stupid dramatisation to quicken the meeting of Rudeus and Fitz, dude was literally invited to be a part of the college for his own perks and has to pass yet another challenge? Bad writing.

"They take panty stealing seriously because it was a problem in the past when Roxy was a student." That is never mentioned in the episode.

"Fitz is Ariel's bodyguard. It's logical for him to be near the person he's protecting. None of the girls had any objections to Fitz coming out of the girls dorm, they know he lives there." "Why didn't you pay attention to the episode???" 1. Fitz is not a him, she is a woman; 2. Where was the princess when Rudeus found Fitz in the library? Or even, where was the princess when Luke found Rudeus outside? None of the girls say anything about Fitz because SHE IS LITERALLY A WOMAN and that is the girls' dormitory. Did YOU even watch the episode?
The girls call him "Mister Silent Fitz". They don't know his true gender.
Aug 6, 2023 9:32 PM
Dec 2020
LN readers, are you as disappointed from the lack of epicness of the intro fight as I am? or did I just had too high of an expectation?
Aug 6, 2023 9:36 PM

Jul 2021
so good man. watching the ed got me teary-eyed.

idk what i was thinking when i thought rudy will immediately recongnize sylphie and they will happily embrace and reunite. her appearance is quite different from before which makes it harder to even discern her gender let alone know who she actually is. once again rudy's thinking fitz is a boy.

this was a pretty great start and intro to the university and it's life.

i think this is the first time we've gotten dedicated ED and OPs and they both are pretty great.

the last scene was so good. it still don't understand why fitz is keeping quiet, did she really abandon her past self completely? i'm sure she loved rudy a lot even if as a friend, can't believe she's not telling her identity to rudy. and it seems like it will go on like that for a while.

this just means still waiting for the day when sylphie and rudy unite. also roxy and eris.

10/10.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 6, 2023 9:40 PM
Jul 2023
Just finished it now ,it's good
Aug 6, 2023 9:44 PM

Feb 2022
I don't believe it, this chapter got an Opening! and it was really nice to see

At last this great arc full of adventures began for the young Rudeus and his friend Fitz, I just tell you that this arc contains a lot of surprises so do not miss a single chapter !!!

Waiting for the next Sunday for another chapter!!
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Aug 6, 2023 9:48 PM
Oct 2020
Loved this episode!!
Aug 6, 2023 9:49 PM
Dec 2021
great episode, waiting for the next one.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

284 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.