Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 27, 2023 11:45 AM

May 2019
This episode was pretty good with Love providing commentary and explaining how Mash avoided turning into a doll a second time. A question I have as others do too is what the heck happened to Lance? Was that someone else disguising himself as Lance? Does he really have a sister then? Also Dot with his punched in face lol (I don't recall him leaving like that when we last saw him).

KayKimii said:
"Husband! Husband!" I love Lemon.
Haha, yeah she makes me laugh, I'm glad she's back. When she gave Mash a cream puff doll with a ribbon (I think it was named Creamy) in an earlier episode and he asked why the ribbon her reaction was hilarious! I didn't like her much at first since she helped set up Mash to fail in the maze but she admitted to it and is on his side now. Plus her comments are comedy gold.
Jun 27, 2023 12:35 PM

Jun 2019
A really cool fight there. Mash once again did it without breaking any sweat. His mother's fate was really sad tho. I felt bad for the mother only.
Jun 28, 2023 3:53 PM

Jul 2022
best episode so far im actually starting to like this show, sad only 1 episode left things are finally getting interesting :(
Jun 29, 2023 6:39 PM

Jul 2013
Easily my favorite episode of this season. The fight between Mash and Abel had so many awesome moments and animation looked absolute great. I might not be the biggest fan of Love, but her commentary added some good comedy and Mash's bowling skills were on point.

Nonetheless it's shocking how strong Mash is. Abel was easily the strongest opponent so far and Mash still managed to overwhelm him with his raw strength. Especially his instinctive way to fight, which we've seen a number of times in this fight is exceptional. Regarding Abel's magic and the way it functions (transforming someone into a puppet), I don't think that anyone else would've been able to take him down. At least from all the people we've seen so far. You can say that Abel experienced an encounter with his nemesis.

With what happened to Abel's mother in the past, it's hardly surprising why Abel displays such extreme thinking. Very few people could have gone through life relatively normal after having to go through such a terrible experience as a kid. However, as Mash pointed out, it suggests that Abel is not inherently evil, but simply that this very unfortunate incident steered him in that direction.

Initially I wasn't quite sure how Finn and Dot got caught by Abel. I guess that happened off screen. What in the world even happened to Dot's face? lol
At least Lemon and the other students could be saved. The little celebration dance was quite funny.

Unfortunately, the last 2 minutes suggest the worst as Mash and co now face off against members of Innocent Zero who seem to be incredibly strong. It speaks volumes that even Rayne's magic could be deflected so easily. Still, I wonder what that guy with crone of thorns is exactly searching for. It seems rather important to him.

I'm sad that there's only one episode left.

Jul 2, 2023 5:52 AM

Feb 2021
Finally, the user of puppet magic is defeated and He seems not be a bad guy actually.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 4, 2023 10:06 PM
Jun 2023
I like all the episodes because they are all entertaining and funny
Jul 9, 2023 1:10 AM

Jan 2014
did I miss some part? when did Finn got caught and turned to puppet?
in previous episodes we know that the visionary student is finn brother, then it cut to them already separated. I wonder what they're talking talk about though.

even 3 line marks student are no match with mash.
so did mash take all of gold coin Abel posses or he didn't?
Aug 22, 2023 8:55 PM
Jul 2017
the evil villain has a good reason to be villain was AWFUL

and the fight was trash

guess they're setting up season 2 for what the zero whatever was having Abel search at the school
Aug 25, 2023 7:44 PM
Jan 2021
The penultimate episode. Mash Burnedead vs Abel, the leader of the Magia Lupus…

I expected this to take two episodes, but it ended more quickly than I thought. Mash simply overpowered Abel’s magic at every point. Abel hypes up how quote on quote “impossible” it is to counter his magic, but Mash simply clapped him up and very early on he was able to hit him directly. When he pulled out his ultimate spell, Harm Puppet, I thought that Mash would struggle, but he was able to find a way to take out the strings despite not being able to see them (I’m glad Love was there to explain exactly what he did). Then Mash finished it with his ultimate “magic”, Erector Spinae Magic: Hell Fall! What a name for his finishing move.

Then we learn that all of a sudden Lance is gone, and one of the Innocent Zero was disguised as him. I’m assuming this means that something happened to the real Lance (the other possibility would be that Lance was never a real student, but I highly doubt that).

Is Mash going to have to face someone on par with a Divine Visionary?!

I can’t wait for this dramatic conclusion!
Aug 31, 2023 5:17 AM

Apr 2009
Even while Abel was mouthing off his high and mighty morals, Mash was mocking and insulting him back in his simple muscle-brained ways in every turn. LOL

Oh my, the school has been infiltrated. Time to get serious...so where's the real Lance though?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 2, 2023 10:16 AM

Jan 2021
"You are about to be murdered"
Mash - "Yay! Yay! Yay!"
Oct 1, 2023 4:42 AM
Aug 2022
Didnt his bro save him just seconds ago? He got caught again? Lol.
Oct 21, 2023 10:57 PM
Jun 2022
Lil Cliche But Ride Till Now Is Good . Rewatchable Piece!
Nov 25, 2023 7:21 AM

Oct 2013
Mashle clearly isn't as good as One Punch Man and Mob Psycho 100, you can see they try to do the same style... but it's just not.

The shonen battles are really lame, or maybe it's just the characters ? they are all "uniques" with some "sad backstory" blabla and it's not really funny either... or am I just getting sick of these tropes ?
I mean it's like some Metal Gear Solid stuff where everytime you defeat a villain they feel the need to tell you their sad backstory... geez shut up with your flashbacks narrations.
TitadouNov 25, 2023 7:25 AM
Dec 2, 2023 11:30 AM
May 2023
Good episode, it seems that the "superior genes" are not so superior haha ??and at least Mash is right, she does it because of what her mother experienced and not because she felt like it... I mean it's not pure evil. Interesting that Innocent Zero's already appear and at least Finn was useful to the enemy haha
PS: Since when was Lance not with the group or has he never been there?
Jan 4, 7:59 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Who is the Usagi? Hilarious
kekeke
Jan 14, 1:12 PM

Jun 2020
I know its not logical anime but I just wanted to say I really think that Lance can have change to in battle with Abel but cant win with Abyss.Mostly because of gravity magic but ı font see big difference in their power as it should be. They just different in their style.

I love Lemon she is cute not useful but cute
Jan 15, 4:42 AM
Jun 2013
mashes shock reaction was funny as hell. This fight was entertaining as hell and ended with a pile driver. I loved his comebacks towards this guy like the "you talk to sound deep". Dots smashed in face while they cheer is gold. So we got our next villains I'm surprised this group showed up already. I figured they would show up next season and apparently they have a cannibal.
souledge94Jan 15, 4:49 AM
Feb 9, 3:40 AM

Apr 2013
So that dude was basically a copy from Doflamingo backstory- and ability-wise?
Feb 16, 2:15 AM

Jul 2013
Is Mash going to befriend everyone he beats? For sure these escaped convicts are going to be an exception won't they
Feb 28, 2:07 PM

Jun 2021
not gonna lie, when he got turned into puppet i was convinced that someone else would have somehow successfully come to his rescue. He using again the gold coin to free Finn before was great (this is a question delayed since multiple episode, but why the random hip-hop background track here and there?)

poor Abel's mother, even if he's handling it extremely wrong, and even if at least he's a class act and concedes with no trouble. Dot's face, somebody help him, please. Yeah, where is Lance? Ops.

Mar 6, 8:26 PM

Mar 2014
For a second I thought Lance was a mole the entire time, that would've been a CRAZY twist.
Mar 14, 6:40 AM
Oct 2023
I'm ngl, there were things about this episode that felt off. The fighting was meh until the later half, I didn't enjoy the takeaway from the "one-sided tactic" as I thought that would've added to the intensity of the fight, and the shock and laugh factor of the "how did this happen" kinda fell flat this time. It felt like an anti-climatic episode when I expected more tbh. Hopefully the next is good! W episode :)
Mar 24, 6:42 AM

May 2015
Dots new face suits him better.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 24, 4:32 AM

Dec 2022
Mash just reverting his puppet form in an instant seemed somewhat cheap. You would think the conversion would be irreversible if you have no mana, or another party doesn't intervene.

Everyone has a tragic backstory in this series, and I'm surprised it isn't even played for parody, with how ubiquitous they seem to be.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mashle Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2023

111 by Honosaru »»
Jun 3, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2023

234 by 2FIRES »»
Jun 1, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2023

116 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 27, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2023

143 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 27, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2023

226 by __fishcake__ »»
May 26, 6:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.