Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 3 Discussion

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 18, 2023 2:32 PM
Apr 2023
NOt as good as the first two, but still great.
Apr 18, 2023 2:43 PM
Apr 2020
The mc has rizz. He can pull any female he wants.
Apr 18, 2023 3:36 PM
Dec 2018
Really didn't care about fashion or modeling. Just wasn't appealing to me.
Apr 18, 2023 8:08 PM
Jan 2023
alright if im being dead honest... this anime is lowkey fire asf. it feels like im watching 2 different animes altogether and somehow it fits into the story decently well. The only con however i see is the cgi of the mcs armor other than that i totally love this anime and cant wait for more episodes
Apr 18, 2023 8:13 PM
Jul 2021
It was good episode
Apr 18, 2023 8:28 PM
Mar 2020
yeah, you know, it exist, and its there, i mean its fine, and that's it
Apr 18, 2023 9:14 PM

Sep 2016
The hag at the end sounds like Freeza lmao
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 19, 2023 12:09 AM
Apr 2023
I hope that in future episodes, Tenjo Yuuya can date Hojou Kaori
Apr 19, 2023 12:34 AM
Oct 2022
A freshman season takes time to set up settings, key players, and their relationships before the first few big stories. With this show straddling two worlds it's going to have to do twice the work to get everything in place on both sides. I hope the 13 episodes are enough to do that and leave us with a good feeling about the story. This one was fine, but each of the first 3 episodes have been in a different setting meaning they haven't built on any characters beyond their first appearance. I'm a little worried, but still hopeful.

Also, while it was a nice episode, as an Action/Adventure/Fantasy/Isekai/School anime, it barely had any of those.
LucenProjectApr 19, 2023 12:37 AM
Apr 19, 2023 6:49 AM
Jan 2020
turtleinshell said:
I have never seen a show with such flagrant amounts of wish fulfillment, and I've seen my fair share of isekai, harem, ecchi, etc. type anime. It isn't necessarily the degree or extent of wish fulfilment in each each scene, but the sheer quantity of those types of scenes... EVERY SCENE is, or is building towards some sort of wish fulfilment, and cascades into more wish fulfillment scenes. That'd be fine if the production was better (cg fight scene last episode, constant tweening this episode, sloppy 2d sword swings animation at the end). or if the fight scenes were mind blowing, or the characters were well written, etc. ... but I guess I hit my limit on this one. 

I also just don't get what the purpose of this show is. Instead of developing upon his school characters, or isekai world characters, etc. it focused almost entirely on showing off just how damn handsome the MC is, and didn't really develop his character any more. I guess maybe the talent agency pursuing him could be a subplot moving forward, but it jsut seems entirely extra. It's also kind of absurd that the only things coming from this episode is 1)a subplot that is entirely based around hyping up the handsomeness and charm of the MC, and I suppose "meeting" the girl again in the other world in the last few seconds of the episode. 

I was hoping to enjoy this one, because the artists clearly have some talents, and I do like a decent fantasy or adventure or fight scene, but even the production seems like the artists have talent but were rushed and had to cut corners. 

Hopefully I'm proved wrong and it turns out to be a fantastic show, but for now imma drop this one.
Damn people here haven't really watched anything other than anime to know basic tropes
Apr 19, 2023 7:14 AM

Jun 2016
im so hooked with this show !!
Apr 19, 2023 11:27 AM
Aug 2020
new actress girl look cute tho
Apr 19, 2023 12:19 PM
Nov 2018
I thought this would be just some another shit isekai but its good I hope they keep it like that till the end. Let's see
Apr 19, 2023 1:22 PM

Jan 2021
While I think it could be done a little better, I do like that Yuuya still has the same self-esteem issues he had before his life went on the up and up. Just to show that even a sudden stroke of luck in life can't reverse years of mental issues overnight.

Apr 19, 2023 3:04 PM
Jul 2020
I love that modeling agent guy, Hikaru, he seems like a really cool side character I hope he comes back. Princess in the other world just leaping at the opportunity though and more importantly Yuuya knows she's alright now since he was thinking about that.
Apr 19, 2023 7:02 PM

Apr 2020
This is becoming one of the best isekai anime. Maybe not top 5, but certainly either top 10 or 15.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Apr 19, 2023 8:29 PM
Apr 2023
foi legal, o anime começou bem e está melhorando a cada ep, não acho que esse tinha sido um bom ep em comparação a outras obras mas acredito que vá melhorando exponencialmente
Apr 20, 2023 3:10 AM

Mar 2008
Miu was pretty cute and seemed nice how she was concerned with how Yuya was handling the photoshoot
Apr 20, 2023 5:56 AM

Dec 2018
this show is kind of cheesy but i'm still enjoying it; i kind of knew that confession was coming but i'm not sure i like it. well anyways, we'll see how it works out.
Apr 20, 2023 6:56 AM
Nov 2022
cant wait for new episode
Apr 20, 2023 7:35 AM
Feb 2022
KISS,LOVE GREAT ANIME AND MANGA
Apr 20, 2023 12:57 PM

Jan 2015
I’m sorry but this is such a guilty pleasure show lol I love it
Apr 20, 2023 1:25 PM
Mar 2017
When the other model threw the punch and yuuya just mopped the floor with him was such a good scene
Apr 20, 2023 2:25 PM

May 2019
GangsterCat said:
The hag at the end sounds like Freeza lmao
OMG, that's hilarious! LMAO (now I can't unhear that!)

I just want to add, regarding this episode, that as a few others have said, if any anime had wish fulfillment this is it. I really noticed it when he suddenly lost his weight instantly without at least showing him training and losing it gradually. I also got harem vibes but that is not listed here on MAL so I'm guessing there won't be an actual harem. Lastly, I thought the princess was going to thank him for saving her or maybe saying that she likes him but asking for marriage?! WTF, that's sudden and arguably more wish fulfillment.

A definite positive is that Yuuya did have the guts to stand up to the gang that beat him up in the first episode and he did it again with the model guy in this episode so his personality and mind are pretty much the same at least. Lastly, I'm still somewhat enjoying this anime and will see where it goes.
Alfredo-SauceApr 20, 2023 2:32 PM
Apr 20, 2023 9:51 PM

Jan 2021
Good ep
More like a photo ep but doesn't matter
I like this
Some animes don't handle the real world and the fantasy one and i'm intriguer for the isekai world, in others isekais is like HEY WELCOME and throw all to your face in the first interaction with that world
But here they take their time
And the MC is getting his harem (as usual with MC anime guys)

Apr 21, 2023 4:50 AM
Nov 2020
Softhenic03 said:
Wait, just wait.. does this dude really isn't aware of those things we call "mirror", or is it just he hasn't seen his new "Sexiest man alive" look yet? Because for some reason he still thinks he's that same ugly ass fatty he used to be for all this time lmao.

bro has PTSD for his whole life apparently, can be the only justification in such a situation
Apr 21, 2023 6:24 AM
Jan 2023
Too much narcissism in this episode !

Like for one example the leagues of people with nothing better to do in their lives, no priority or previous plans that they just stay around while the Diversity introduction takes pictures of one more event that just falls into the MC lap.

Oh but the MC is humble to the point of being redundantly sensitive!  So for all the weak willed people it's a killer bargain sale I suppose.
So after his photo-shoot date is over with Mui he heads back into fantasy land and surprising times meeting the princess just in time once again.
All for the princess to propose without even introducing herself, it just cant  get any more cringe!

Yeah this is really shallow writing and demonstrates how far anime has fallen and how cheap the concept and story writers have become.

Narcissism seems to be the only Brand they can offer. 

GreyfenApr 21, 2023 6:32 AM
Apr 21, 2023 11:08 AM
Apr 2023
Very fun anime, love isekai cheaters their are the best
Apr 21, 2023 3:17 PM

Jul 2022
it's aight generic isekai but animation getting bad sad
Apr 21, 2023 6:29 PM
Oct 2020
episódio ok, não detestei igual os outros
Apr 21, 2023 6:32 PM
Oct 2020
it was ok i didn't disliked it that much like the others ones, it feels alike all isekais combined into one 
Apr 21, 2023 9:31 PM

Aug 2019
Softhenic03 said:
Wait, just wait.. does this dude really isn't aware of those things we call "mirror", or is it just he hasn't seen his new "Sexiest man alive" look yet? Because for some reason he still thinks he's that same ugly ass fatty he used to be for all this time lmao.
LOL WAIT

This show is seriously that dumb isn't it? This dude has not seen himself in the mirror ever since he broke the bathroom one

I am done with whatever tf this is lol don't even feel like watching the rest of this episode (stopping at 6:50 for anyone wondering ). Dropping this one here, not looking back, and going to go watch something I actually enjoy
Apr 21, 2023 9:49 PM
May 2018
I dropped it, I can't support a show that blatantly pandering to ppl who love a power fantasy without any flaws. Like seriously, this guy goes from being seriously fat nobody to accidentally finds a hidden room that makes him "OP". The 3ep was generous enough as it is. If you tell me that manga feels different, I be willing to read it, cant shit on something completely.
Apr 22, 2023 12:17 AM

May 2009
Isekai Lookism  
Apr 22, 2023 12:35 AM
Apr 2023
The plot got a little rush but cool
Apr 22, 2023 4:40 AM
Mar 2019
I liked this anime very much
Apr 22, 2023 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
The premise for this show is quite interesting. I'm at episode 3 and Iseleve has actually spent more time in the real world than in the Isekai world. I'm not sure if I'm really watching an Isekai show at this point. But I also think that it speaks to some level of self-awareness -  When you have attained OP powers, is the isekai world still an interesting one?

The show did touch on a few social issues, such as Miu's desire to be seen and noticed in the world around her versus Yuuya's own discomfort at the amount of attention he's getting, and how in his previous life he would rather not be seen. It also illustrated how surface-level first impressions are important, and briefly discussed the dichotomy between talent and hard work (mentioned briefly in Ep 2, and became the entire focus of Ep 3 where Yuuya is shown to be the talent and Miu the hard worker). But these were only approached at surface level for now. Fitting, as that's the impression most people have of new Yuuya. I also like the artwork of this anime enough to keep watching. So maybe that says more about me than this anime.

Only time (or the LN) will tell if the series would dive deeper into these issues, or would it cast them aside and focus solely on the romantic aspects.

But for now, I'll continue to watch this series. Looking forward to episode 4!
removed-userApr 22, 2023 5:07 AM
Apr 22, 2023 5:35 AM
May 2021
Great Animation!
Apr 22, 2023 8:50 AM
Feb 2017
There wasn't much fight scenes that I was anticipating but I guess this anime really has different take on how to showcase the isekai genre if I may say. The tidbit at the end was really good that it makes me feel that it's a different show where it focus more on the business side of fashion world. And so, I like how they deviate a bit from the usual action-packed show but still I'm annoyed how lucky for this guy to be so attractive and yet happy that he's a kindhearted person.
Apr 22, 2023 10:48 AM

Aug 2013
What normal person would hang out in a mall and play model if he could wage war against mosters in a different dimension? smh
Apr 22, 2023 12:04 PM

Jan 2021
This is my 2nd time i guess watching an Isekai anime and i thought i wouldn't like it but its bearable. I must say that when i started watching it, it reminded me of Lookism.

Yuuya seems to be getting more attention from girls whenever he goes out shopping or doing something else since his transformation. A director of an model is trying to find someone in the mall since the one who was supposed to come, didn't show up. The director then sees Yuuya and asks if he can help out, Yuuya then meets the model named Miu.

They take some nice photos and after its done, Miu & Yuuya chat for some time and then the dude shows up while he is late, the first thing he does? he goes after Miu, Yuuya doesn't like it and tells him that she doesn't like it, and he is like "what do you want?", man tries to punch Yuuya but Yuuya does a sick move on him and he is down on the ground, its all recorded as well.

Yuuya can keep all the clothes that got given to him as a thank you.
Apr 22, 2023 2:20 PM
Jun 2019
I really love the concept of game like isekai where you can come and go and have the effects from the isekai stays with you
Apr 22, 2023 3:57 PM

Nov 2012
Damn the agency's head sounds evil.

I hope he can get out of that proposal.
Apr 22, 2023 6:18 PM
Apr 2023
I'm really curious how he'll react to the marriage request that was suddenly thrown at him out of the blue... P.S. hope it's not going to turn into a harem where he accepts everyone's feelings.. seen enough of those recently..
Apr 22, 2023 9:35 PM
May 2022
This has to be one of the worst things to have ever crossed my eyes. It's boring as hell not too mention it feels like you put the 2 most generic and overused subgenres and mashed only the bad parts. The animation looks like the took screen shoots and placed voice overs on top of it. Like seriously it's a joke the only thing that move are the mouths and a background that is frozen. But if anything goes beyond that level they have to rely on God awful CGI that makes me want to throw up or close ups where you can't tell what's happening. That's just how it looks don't even get me started on the trash ass plot where anything and everything just gets handed to him. They make you try and feel sympathy for him. By making it so he was only builled for being fat and he's this trencedent being that can do no wrong. Once he finally does change all of a sudden girls start tripping over themselves trying to look at him. It's all the time too like whenever he goes out in public everybody has to just stare at him. Worst of all he doesn't have any personal objectives that are even half way unique and I promise that the only objects that he will have to overcome will be saving (insert girl of the ep
here) or saving the (blank) that makes (insert girl of the ep. here) fall in love. This dude is not once during the entire show have any meaningful charter development because they already made him flawless. IDK ts is just pissing me off the way people are acting like this is even a half way decent show.
Apr 23, 2023 1:50 AM
Jan 2021
Generic story, generic characters, horrible animation.
Apr 23, 2023 5:12 AM
Aug 2022
it's just too basic form of an Iskeai. I don't know why it is getting this much popularity but according to me till ep-3 it's too basic and predictable till now.
Apr 23, 2023 12:31 PM
Aug 2021
So far through three episodes, it’s an interesting take on getting “isakaied” but it is WAYYY too over the top with the attention he receives. I totally get that he had this grand transformation and sure, he’s got good looks, but the fact that girls are stopping and leaning over balconies to watch him have a conversation is beyond contrived. I mean jesus, he is approached by two random girls in the mall, stumbles over his words and turns them down, and they turn to each other and ask if they just spoke to a god. WHAT?

The animation and flow of scenes feels so incredibly stiff at times, there have been a few good moments but they are definitely outweighed by Millipense’s poor production and use of questionable CGI. It doesn’t surprise me, I kinda figured it would be this way going in.

It’s still early, so the show could improve and it has bright spots, but honestly with the way it looks so far I doubt it. Too much focus on triviality as a way to squeeze in as much fawning over Yuuya as possible. This show is pretty bad so far.
Apr 23, 2023 1:02 PM
Sep 2022
shit, doesn’t follow manga and skips
Apr 23, 2023 1:02 PM

Oct 2022
Not good… i feel like this is getting worse~
This episode was BORING ! I had to watch on 1.5x ! First episode was the only interesting episode imo!
I wanna drop but i have it on my fal list so i cant until after the event 🤣 this deserves max 6/10 if it stay this way~
puddinzApr 23, 2023 1:06 PM

👻🎃 🎃👻

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Genuine question: Who actually enjoyed this show? ( 1 2 )

KuyaC - Mar 26

72 by Dransyo »»
Aug 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2023

232 by bilge0209 »»
Jul 30, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

115 by Azuchi »»
Jul 14, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

242 by Azuchi »»
Jul 13, 8:44 AM

» It's so good

Zezul - Apr 24, 2023

10 by lawleagle »»
Jun 16, 10:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.