Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Home Hero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 2, 2023 9:06 PM
Aug 2021
Finally some good fucking anime
Apr 2, 2023 9:14 PM

Dec 2021
this was so bad, why are people praising this? the voice acting was actually bad. The characters make no sense, how was the mother so chill when she saw the murder? 'oh it was an act of self defence' who tf reacts like this when they see their own husband commit a murder. The mc is horrible, I felt no thrill at all.
vinnywizanimeApr 2, 2023 9:26 PM
Apr 2, 2023 9:41 PM

May 2020
this was as good as I had expected it to be
been waiting for this to air since it was announced
cant wait for ep 2

Apr 2, 2023 9:50 PM

Oct 2013
some of this shit I think you kinda gotta get around and realize this degree of incompetency is very real, like it's easy to brush a story off as contrived, but nothing that happened here is unrealistic aside from MC's wife being like "huh ok you killed someone." At first I thought Reika's scumbag boyfriend was cartoonishly shitty until I remembered encountering a couple guys like him IRL through their girlfriends. Coming out of an abusive relationship myself where my girlfriend literally beat the fuck out of me semi-regularly, I empathize more with how someone can brainwash themselves into a "this is normal" mentality, so I don't think Reika is an "idiot" either...

just a lot of this seemed kinda like, yeah, I've seen this shit IRL, so how could I criticize it for being unrealistic?

the presentation was jarring and tropey, but otherwise I was hooked from the moment Reika revealed her beatings.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 2, 2023 10:09 PM
Jan 2017
Bot very good. Seemed massively rushed and the characters reactions were extremely lacking. The animation wasn't anything crazy and the pacing seemed all over the place with 2-3 times the same flashback scene in the episode.
Apr 2, 2023 10:44 PM
Apr 2021
I was hyped for this anime but now that it’s been released it didn’t live up to the hype for me, the plot is ok to me don’t get me wrong it’s just the animation…I was hyped for the animation and we got so many still shots and shit like that. But the art is fine tho I don’t see anything wrong with it but I thought some fucked up was gonna happen in ep 1 that would leave a lasting mark but nah it was normal to me I just hope this show picks up more in future episodes that makes it stand out from the rest of the shows this season😕

But the Opening is a banger tho it’s on par with Hell’s Paradise opening shits fire asf😮‍💨🔥🔥
Treyv0nApr 2, 2023 11:09 PM
Apr 2, 2023 11:13 PM

May 2019
I came into this only having read the synopsis and, besides the animation lacking a bit (and the mother's strange reaction upon finding her husband had killed a guy), I thought it was a great start. It was very suspenseful and I disliked that Nobuto had beaten Reika and it sounded like he did intend on killing her once he got her grandpa's inheritance so that made Tetsuo killing him justifiable.

I will say that it's unfortunate that Reika tried to keep her boyfriend's beating her a secret and was putting up with it (yeah I know some girls like going after the bad boys). With the suspenseful ending and one of the gang members finding Nobuto dead, what will Tetsuo do? Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 3, 2023 12:04 AM

Feb 2019
Yea I’m convinced a lot of y’all just be watching anime for the animation instead of the story cause my home hero first episode was fire. Just cause it ain’t Kyoani or MAPPA doesn’t mean it ain’t good. The story is what we should be here for and it’s fire. W dad. W parenting
Apr 3, 2023 12:21 AM

May 2010
With that kind of title, I feel relieved that the father & mother doesn't suddenly have superpowers. 
Apr 3, 2023 12:25 AM

Dec 2020
The mom was surprisingly chill. She also says that people like him should just die. I guess her sense of justice is on the "necessary evil" side? 

Excited to see how this unfolds. 
Apr 3, 2023 12:34 AM
Jan 2020
Tezuka should stick to powerpointing RomComs, and thinking they're gonna make Under Ninja next is just fucking bullshit

I feel sorry for the author
RonninnApr 3, 2023 12:43 AM
Apr 3, 2023 12:43 AM
Aug 2021
The dad was a victim bro got beaten up and stripped naked😂😂. The wife is a real one I am trying to find a woman like her she straight up saw her husband catch a body and said I will help you hide it with no hesitation. I like the way they portrayed the toxic relationship it is very realistic and happens all the time. Interesting start and premise wonder how it will progress from here.
Apr 3, 2023 1:15 AM

Jan 2021
As much as I disliked Reika, I realized that there were still a lot of people out there who still loved and wanted to trust their partners despite their abuse. Seeing her crying over a man like that just gets on my nerves lol, I like the mystery though.

Reika's father completely killed Nobuto and his reaction afterward was very normal, but on the other hand Reika's mother was... really something. She can really calm down right away and decide on a crazy idea like that. Even when she had to act in front of Reika, she really did it smoothly without any hesitation or awkwardness and her voice didn't even tremble at all. Maybe it's her way of keeping her family together and protecting her daughter but it's really amazingly stable.

There are so many people here comparing to the manga, it seems the manga is great.. I might read the manga... but I quite like the suspense and atmosphere of the anime.

Apr 3, 2023 1:24 AM
Jun 2022
Something a bit different.
Apr 3, 2023 1:25 AM

Nov 2014
Apratim said:
Akagami_shankss said:

are u fucking dumb go get a life my bro u r literally saying whatever u want drishyam and this show are very different

Huh? read the synopsis idiot 😂. Just interchange Mafia with Police family son. The basic plot of the anime becomes drishyam. I was talking about basic plot, not about the character's behavior or lifestyle 🤦🏻‍♂️
that doesn't mean this is inspired by drishyam
Apr 3, 2023 1:29 AM

May 2012
One of the best first episodes in this season so far. I can't believe this is rated below 7
Apr 3, 2023 2:16 AM
Oct 2021
Hell yeah! Nuts or nothing!
Apr 3, 2023 3:02 AM
Dec 2021
You can tell most people here have zero empathy which is sad. Just a bunch a weirdos and rejects.

What would I do as a father if some degen was regulary boxing my daughter?
Damn. Quite sure I couldn't control myself.

But hey, this is unrealistic (lol)
Then  same people go and give Death Note a 10 because everything makes sence inside their tiny heads.
LMAOOO

Just google "father kills abusive daugther's boyfriend" and you will find over 45million results. This happens every other week.

Apr 3, 2023 3:06 AM
Oct 2022
the wife is ride or die material.
Apr 3, 2023 3:47 AM
Oct 2009
It was okay but i thought it would be deeper and darker, anyway far better then most isekai these days, animation is mediocre, isekai obviously have more funds these days however most of them are horrible. I understand that they didn't make cute or moe characters here for certain reasons, they don't need them but still animation isn't that good, you i mean even f your characters aren't moe or cute or made as average people still animation quality could be much better, it's sad if animation was better it could be rated higher. There are a lot of movies which don't use cuteness and moe but animation is great. Anyway in this season it's one of the anime worth watching, i don't think it would end in top but it certainly decent and one of few titles this season you should pay attention to.

BTW i already see that people say animation is horrible, i totally agree that despite specifics and unique style animation itself is poor quaility, you don't need to make main characters attractive or pretty or something but you should make still make animation quakity much better maybe it's the lack if funds. I think they made bets on the plot however it wasn't strong enough to make a good impact though, but it's first episode. Also the daughter is kind of retarted, she is being abused and still with an ass, i can't imagine someone being with a violent person who punches you sever times in your face and you stay with the person of your on volition.
InnskipApr 3, 2023 3:57 AM
Apr 3, 2023 4:13 AM
Apr 2022
k, think i can safely drop this anime, next
Apr 3, 2023 4:24 AM

Oct 2019
Seems interesting
Apr 3, 2023 4:36 AM
Feb 2021
A parent can do anything for his child.
Apr 3, 2023 4:51 AM

Jan 2022
Eh, in terms of art style, it's pretty generic, like early 2000s anime. The logic and follow of the story is kinda of clunky, too. Like middle school edgy stuff, but it is interesting so far. I will say this guy has an amazing wife. Lord knows they don't make them like that any more.
Apr 3, 2023 4:59 AM
Apr 2013
What an incredibly disappointing anime adaptation. The manga is so damn good, but this sucked. Gross & ugly art where all the backgrounds look like they have mould growing on them. Atrocious nearly non-existent animation. At lot of the interesting panels from the manga are skipped or done so plainly it's like no effort was put into this, just going through the motions. I hate the voice of the main character and the music is generic. The saddest part about all this is that it makes the story feel stupid, and the story is the best aspect of the manga.
Apr 3, 2023 5:16 AM
Aug 2022
I mean...i was never into like---violent stuff---but sure, why not! This was definitely a good one, even from the first episode, NO, even from just the intro I could kinda tell how it was heading---who knows! This might be my time to start watching Violent Anime!
Apr 3, 2023 5:44 AM

Dec 2009
Best parents, too bad Reika is an awful daughter and an idiot but we're here to see mom and dad being heroes. I love how mom is immediatly on board.
Apr 3, 2023 5:44 AM

Sep 2016
*hits pipe*

I cannot think or comprehend of anything more cucked than having a daughter. Honestly, think about it rationally. You are feeding, clothing, raising and rearing a girl for at least 18 years solely so she can go and get ravaged by another man. All the hard work you put into your beautiful little girl - reading her stories at bedtime, making her go to sports practice, making sure she had a healthy diet, educating her, playing with her. All of it has one simple result: her body is more enjoyable for the men that will eventually fuck her in every hole.

Raised the perfect girl? Great. Who benefits? If you're lucky, a random man who had nothing to do with the way she grew up, who marries her. He gets to fuck her tight pussy every night. He gets the benefits of her kind and sweet personality that came from the way you raised her.

As a man who has a daughter, you are LITERALLY dedicating at least 20 years of your life simply to raise a girl for another man to enjoy. It is the ULTIMATE AND FINAL cuck. Think about it logically.

CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 3, 2023 6:18 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Seems like we have now the moral anime of the season. How justified is it to kill a yakuza in order to protect your daughter? Surely a question to be debated while we see how Testsuo-san was driven to do it after seeing what happened to Reika... and himself.

I'm not a fan of the animation. That looks like it could be better.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 3, 2023 6:23 AM
Jul 2021
Everything about this anime scream low budget. 
Apr 3, 2023 6:27 AM
Nov 2021
Loved it😍😍😍
Apr 3, 2023 9:22 AM
Oct 2021
Samurai_Samuel_8 said:
erikkamirs said:
Not the fucking rice cooker!!!!

Uncle Roger will panic as fuck if he see this 😂 (mrnigelng YouTube Channel)

he'd point out that the rice cooker is the most useful kitchen appliance haha
Apr 3, 2023 9:34 AM

Dec 2016
alshu said:
This episode barely made any sense to me, not to mention everybody was acting like lunatic...
The sad state of contemporary seinen.

I am dropping this.

Same here. They went from point A) Reika leaving home to stand on her own 2 feet and become some sort of musician. To point B) Where Reika somehow has an abusive boyfriend who seems way older than her and somehow he's connected to the Yakuza, not to mention this douche bragged about having a couple of other girlfriends who he hits them too. Like, how does he have time to have 2 or 3 girlfriends who he hits and still have time to do other ilicit jobs that get him money?

The cherry on top of bad writing is that he brags about his beatings to his friends on wide open spaces where anyone can hear them and of course dad is coincidentally there and he also mentions Reika's name (as if that was relevant to him or his buddies).

I will still watch one more episode, even though it feels like self loathing. Specially coming from Tezuka productions that I really have no memories of having watched anything worthwhile from them in like, never.

thepath said:
One of the best first episodes in this season so far. I can't believe this is rated below 7

I can't believe anyone that understands how to properly do a thriller would rate this dollar store production anything avobe a 5.
KimurahApr 3, 2023 9:52 AM
Apr 3, 2023 9:47 AM
Jun 2021
The first episode was fine although i think his daughter reaction were a bit cold and unfitting to the events I think the animation is fine as well i don't know why everyone is complaining about it  the story has so much potential I wanna see how will this go out
Apr 3, 2023 9:52 AM
Apr 2015
Kimurah said:
alshu said:
This episode barely made any sense to me, not to mention everybody was acting like lunatic...
The sad state of contemporary seinen.

I am dropping this.

Same here. They went from point A) Reika leaving home to stand on her own 2 feet and become some sort of musician. To point B) Where Reika somehow has an abusive boyfriend who seems way older than her and somehow he's connected to the Yakuza, not to mention this douche bragged about having a couple of other girlfriends who he hits them too. Like, how does he have time to have 2 or 3 girlfriends who he hits and still have time to do other ilicit jobs that get him money?

The cherry on top of bad writing is that he brags about his beatings to his friends on wide open spaces where anyone can hear them and of course dad is there and he also mentions Reika's name (as if that was relevant to him or his buddies).

I will still watch one more episode, even though it feels like self loathing. Specially coming from Tezuka productions that I really have no memories of having watched anything worthwhile from them in like, never.

thepath said:

I can't believe anyone that understands how to properly do a thriller would rate this dollar store production anything avobe a 5.

I read manga and story is so good
Give it more chances
Apr 3, 2023 10:08 AM
Sep 2020
after watching this ep

i hope I don't have a daughter
Apr 3, 2023 10:15 AM
Nov 2019
damn, the mother gave me chills, look at her confidence ! not a single wasted expression, its as if she is the demon herself when it comes to protecting her daughter !
Apr 3, 2023 10:24 AM
Apr 2023
Great start to the show definitely going to be an interesting nailbiting drama
Apr 3, 2023 12:08 PM
Sep 2018
It was a great first episode, animation wasn't anything great but its still watchable.
The theme they introduced in the end was very interesting, Protective dad vs protective dad (im guessing he is gonna be the main villain considering how smart and talented he seemed and the fact that his son was killed by the mc)
Also loved how they dropped subtle hints like the guy appearing out of nowhere at the start hints that he might be dealing with some organization or gang, and the mention of his dad during the phone call and how he got away with 2 murders hinted the reveal of his father
Not to mention how realistic the characters and story felt overall
Hope they keep up the storytelling quality going forward
Apr 3, 2023 12:31 PM

Jul 2016
Animation quality seems a bit low, but the story so far is engaging enough. I enjoy a goofy walk cycle from time to time
Apr 3, 2023 1:05 PM
Jun 2022
I was caught off guard. At first, I got mad for the sake of the family but then the dad... I don't know if my mentality and rationality can bear this series.
Apr 3, 2023 1:47 PM
Feb 2015
idk what to think about this, its like i liked it but the way the characters behave seems really weird to me, especially the dad, mom, daughter trio, i feel like they are autistic or something
Apr 3, 2023 2:43 PM

Feb 2012
Nice, some Seinen thriller.

Bludgeoned by a rice cooker!

Though Reika's distant from her father Tetsuo, just as she hid the abuse she faced from her boyfriend, Tetsuo hid the fact he got mugged by Yakuza from his own wife. Ironic words from the Yakuza guy there about how much his offspring means to him.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 3, 2023 3:13 PM
Aug 2017
Went blindly into this one because the synopsis sounded interesting and wasn't dissapointed. While the animation was odd at times, it's not enough to distract me from the story. The only thing I found odd was how calm Reika's mom was about disposing a body, almost as if it's nothing new for her. I expected a reaction similar to the dad's. Also, to the people calling Reika dumb for staying with him..just be quiet, you clearly know nothing about victims of domestic abuse and how hard it is to get out of one.
Apr 3, 2023 3:49 PM

Oct 2022
Damn what a hook for a first episode. Father of the year! And 100% support from mom. Can't wait to see how this story unfolds.
Apr 3, 2023 5:54 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It's crazy how a man like Tosu Tetsuo can go from a doting father that couldn't protect himself to a killer who would do anything to protect his family. The guy who beat up Reika got what he deserved which was death by rice cooker.lol. His wife was surprisingly calm about the situation and help him hide the body. However, things go from bad to worse as the local gang are looking for the guy that was with Reika and they know that Tosu is her father. The bloody game of cat and mouse is about to begin.
Apr 3, 2023 7:19 PM

Dec 2015
This was very interesting, but the wife's reaction to the murder was just weird, and somewhat cold
Apr 3, 2023 7:25 PM

Aug 2019
Bro this first episode was awesome! I enjoyed it a bit more than I thought I would. I usually don't really watch much stuff like this, especially not recently (stuff like this tends to hit especially hard depending on the situation), but I think I'm going to stick around because this looks awesome so far! It really makes me think of older anime though. Like if I watched this without knowing it was from this season, I would probably think it's from like the 2010s, but that's definitely not a bad thing! If anything I think it makes me like it even more!

I think the only thing I didn't like was how the wife was so calm and cool about her husband murdering someone like that lol like she was really quick to accept it and go along with trying to hide it. She could just be really stonecold and cool like that, but I'm keeping my eye on her.

Also are people seriously mad and annoyed at the daughter? I've seen some people go as far to say she's spoiled and even deserved to be abused. Wtf. She's the one being abused. She's the one being beaten here, and could've gotten beaten to death too. People who seriously think the daughter deserved to be abused further and maybe even killed are seriously not right in the head bro. People using that CD as an excuse for her abuse need to go away forever. Sure, I admit that was a bit odd, but I feel like there's probably more to that
Apr 3, 2023 7:29 PM

Aug 2019
Jirokissaw said:
This was very interesting, but the wife's reaction to the murder was just weird, and somewhat cold
Yeah right? She was really quick to go along with that. I'm keeping my eye on her lol
Apr 3, 2023 7:31 PM

Aug 2019
AddaeAkono said:
It's crazy how a man like Tosu Tetsuo can go from a doting father that couldn't protect himself to a killer who would do anything to protect his family. The guy who beat up Reika got what he deserved which was death by rice cooker.lol. His wife was surprisingly calm about the situation and help him hide the body. However, things go from bad to worse as the local gang are looking for the guy that was with Reika and they know that Tosu is her father. The bloody game of cat and mouse is about to begin. 
Yup! They got what they deserved, and I can't wait to see where this goes from here! People are being seriously bummy about the daughter tho lol
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2023

112 by EsieEyen »»
Jun 1, 1:02 AM

» Till what chapter is it adapted?

tweetoot - May 19

6 by AnimeFan500 »»
May 22, 8:36 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2023

95 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 2:10 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2023

120 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 12:59 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2023

66 by HanageShinken »»
Mar 5, 4:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.