Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 27, 2022 5:28 AM

Sep 2016
nice """"""comedy""""""" & """"""""parody"""""""" anime
totally not just-another-generic-edgy-isekai anime
the most disappointing overhyped adaptation in a while
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 27, 2022 5:34 AM
Oct 2021
USSMidir said:
Suji_akaSujal said:
episode should have at least included whole chapter or else anime is going to have more episode than the chapters of manga ig. Maybe i can be wrong i read manga long time ago like a week ago so i don't remember . All that said episode was good tho.

Anime is adapting the novels, not the manga. The story diverges later on, so manga readers will be blind in the last 1/4 of the anime.
Shit i have to read ln then :(
Oct 27, 2022 5:36 AM
Aug 2022
AAAAAAAAAAA cliffhanger
Oct 27, 2022 5:36 AM
Jul 2017
Suji_akaSujal said:
USSMidir said:

Anime is adapting the novels, not the manga. The story diverges later on, so manga readers will be blind in the last 1/4 of the anime.

It's worth it, the prose is very well written and it does a lot better in establishing the story as a dark fantasy while still adding comedy by showing perspectives and monologues of side characters
Oct 27, 2022 5:38 AM
Oct 2021
USSMidir said:
Suji_akaSujal said:

It's worth it, the prose is very well written and it does a lot better in establishing the story as a dark fantasy while still adding comedy by showing perspectives and monologues of side characters
Btw where can i read ln?
Oct 27, 2022 5:47 AM
Jul 2017
Suji_akaSujal said:
USSMidir said:

Btw where can i read ln?

It should be available on the kindle store, I read via the kindle app (its pretty cheap)
If you don't wanna spend money, then I have no clue where to read it.
Oct 27, 2022 5:50 AM
Jul 2022
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Oct 27, 2022 5:50 AM
Oct 2021
USSMidir said:
Suji_akaSujal said:
Btw where can i read ln?

It should be available on the kindle store, I read via the kindle app (its pretty cheap)
If you don't wanna spend money, then I have no clue where to read it.
Thanks for help 👍, ig imma buy paperbook instead .
Oct 27, 2022 5:58 AM

May 2021
It's cute how our MC is trying his best to look like an idiot but he is actually is one(not really but somewhat).

Oct 27, 2022 6:03 AM

Oct 2008
the entrance the MC made was so generic! too many Chuuni vibes again! lolz!
3/5.

Oct 27, 2022 6:03 AM
Nov 2020
this a one way trip to excitement
Oct 27, 2022 6:24 AM
Apr 2017
They skipped how the instructor came to save her but turns out to be evil
Oct 27, 2022 6:31 AM
Jul 2014
I have mixed feelings on this series, the whole want to be a mob character trait I struggle to enjoy and this one is heavy on that.
But the storyline outside of this trait is good so far. So I am half enjoying it and half not.
Oct 27, 2022 7:07 AM
Sep 2021
Good episode, The entry of shadow was really good and the diabolos mystery is also interesting, excited to see the next episode.
I give it 6/10.
Oct 27, 2022 7:10 AM
Jul 2016
HanaKana nailed Alexia's agony filled lines this episode. The pacing here was all over the place and felt like the studio crammed a little bit too much of the story. While most of the WN, LN, or Manga followers might still appreciate this episode, I feel that the first time watchers were dumped a bit too much with info and won't get the subtle nuances of the world's lore. While I feel that it was a rushed episode it was still a good one.

btw Beta was awesome but too little Delta shown in this episode. The next episode will continue where it left off and will be awesome (hope more Delta is shown). And seriously, HanaKana does an excellent Alexia.
Oct 27, 2022 7:39 AM
Mar 2018
DeadZer0ne said:
Sooo uhhh, the torture scene in episode 4. Yes, spoilers. If you want to watch this episode, but haven’t yet, don’t read this. This is something i’ve seen noone mention, it has been bugging me for a good while - the last 24 hours.
Do you guys remember the overly edgy torture scene where the white girl princess (don’t remember her name, sorry) gets her clothes torn appart every next scene?
Yes, you do.
So to get to the most important question…Was he making her eat cum o_o
I am going to say it again.
Was he just making her drink cum.
Am i retarded, or was she just drinking very grayish, weird consistency porrige and making weird noises while doing it, twisting her legs.
I sure laughed a lot while this aired, still couldn’t help myself from wondering.
Come at me guys and help me understand >.>

bruh man of cultured lmao
Oct 27, 2022 7:42 AM
Mar 2018
ollythirteen said:
This show reminds me of Redo of Healer, Mirai Nikki, and co.

It's like it's written by a child.

I don't even see the similarity between those show and this. lol
Oct 27, 2022 7:51 AM
Jul 2022
엑스트라로 살고 싶다면서 왕녀한테 얼굴 까버리네,,, 왕녀도 같이 죽이게...?
Oct 27, 2022 8:28 AM
Jul 2019
This show doesn't hesitate to get dark in a second
Oct 27, 2022 8:44 AM

Jan 2013
fisty123 said:
I have mixed feelings on this series, the whole want to be a mob character trait I struggle to enjoy and this one is heavy on that.
But the storyline outside of this trait is good so far. So I am half enjoying it and half not.
The mob thing is hilarious, it's absolutely mental how far he's willing to go just to play the perfect cover identity of the "eminence in shadow".
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 27, 2022 10:12 AM
Jun 2016
okay I was actually gonna drop the anime but EP 3 and 4 was great :D Delta it's outstanding also Alexa
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2022 11:03 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Using the same hideout that they used to house Cid's sis as well. Man these guys aren't really bright aren't they. Despite the situation Alexia sure was calm about it. These knights really didn't waste time in getting physical. Somehow from Alexia's words I imagined that her sister didn't really like her that much. But from her scenes it seems that she was mistaken for Iris cares about her deeply. Its nice to see Alpha again. The shadow collection though looking pricy does indeed look cool. But Cid must have relished taking down the knights that gave him that much pain during their interrogation of him. Being kind can sometimes bring you surprising rewards huh. Didn't take a genius to realize that the fiancée was the main plotter but man that guy really is scum. All he has is ambition thats gained by harming those around him. Looking forward to seeing how Cid would beat the hell out of him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2022 11:35 AM
Nov 2021
Scientist guy is my favorite character from this so far

Second kidnapping in four episodes

HIGHEST HIGHEST

Goodbye
Oct 27, 2022 11:44 AM

Jul 2022
yAy shit's boutta go down
Oct 27, 2022 12:08 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi came out of the shadwos
Oct 27, 2022 12:25 PM

Feb 2021
The chuunibyou vibes from Cid are just too much lol. Kind of starting to get into the show and its process, though we'll see.
Oct 27, 2022 12:28 PM

Jan 2018
chopstick___ said:
The chuunibyou vibes from Cid are just too much lol. Kind of starting to get into the show and its process, though we'll see.
The "torture" scene was probably one of the funniest ive seen in a long time LMAO.

Cid's desire to pretend to be a "mob character" is so strong that he is unironically funny when he makes fun of that trope.
Oct 27, 2022 12:30 PM

Jan 2018
landofthekwt said:
Our boi came out of the shadwos
The end of the episode implies that Cid is actually gonna face a small challenge or they will just make the fight a massacre (which is what i want personally) Either way i think it will be funny.
Oct 27, 2022 12:31 PM

Feb 2021
Konan_Edogawa_ said:
chopstick___ said:
The "torture" scene was probably one of the funniest ive seen in a long time LMAO.

Cid's desire to pretend to be a "mob character" is so strong that he is unironically funny when he makes fun of that trope.
Yeah I know what you mean, I guess thats why it makes this interesting for me.
Oct 27, 2022 12:34 PM

Jan 2018
chopstick___ said:
Konan_Edogawa_ said:

Honestly I think the most interesting fact that I have noticed so far is that all of his delusions end up becoming true. Maybe this chuunibyou Chad is omnipotent and doesnt even realize it.
Konan_Edogawa_Oct 27, 2022 12:50 PM
Oct 27, 2022 12:48 PM

Feb 2021
Konan_Edogawa_ said:
chopstick___ said:
Honestly I think the most interesting fact that I have noticed so far is that all of his delusions end up becoming true. My this chuunibyou Chad is omnipotent and doesnt even realize it.
It may be so, lol, its very possible.
Oct 27, 2022 2:31 PM
Mar 2019
this anime is getting better and better, can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 27, 2022 2:50 PM

Oct 2021
DeadZer0ne said:
Sooo uhhh, the torture scene in episode 4. Yes, spoilers. If you want to watch this episode, but haven’t yet, don’t read this. This is something i’ve seen noone mention, it has been bugging me for a good while - the last 24 hours.
Do you guys remember the overly edgy torture scene where the white girl princess (don’t remember her name, sorry) gets her clothes torn appart every next scene?
Yes, you do.
Am i retarded, or was she just drinking very grayish, weird consistency porrige and making weird noises while doing it, twisting her legs.
I sure laughed a lot while this aired, still couldn’t help myself from wondering.

This scenario is straight out of hentai, that shit was probably just a rice porridge. Dunno why the anime try to make her seems like "mind broken", she's still quite chill right before the monster freed her.
Oct 27, 2022 4:23 PM
Mar 2017
This episode was painful to watch. Might hate watch some more episodes but if this goes on I might actually die.
Oct 27, 2022 4:52 PM

Feb 2022
jontnatan said:
This episode was painful to watch. Might hate watch some more episodes but if this goes on I might actually die.

then try until you die
Oct 27, 2022 8:46 PM
Sep 2020
Perfect Isekai! I love it!.....,.......
Oct 27, 2022 9:02 PM

Jan 2018
EdgyLord666 said:
DeadZer0ne said:
Yes, you do.

This scenario is straight out of hentai, that shit was probably just a rice porridge. Dunno why the anime try to make her seems like "mind broken", she's still quite chill right before the monster freed her.
I think OP is overthinking it just a little bit here personally. IF it was suppose to be a "hentai scene" then it didnt do that good of a job since hardly anybody is brining it up.
Oct 27, 2022 9:03 PM

Jan 2018
chopstick___ said:
Konan_Edogawa_ said:
Honestly I think the most interesting fact that I have noticed so far is that all of his delusions end up becoming true. My this chuunibyou Chad is omnipotent and doesnt even realize it.
It may be so, lol, its very possible.
Very possible indeed. It was just a theory on my part so if I end up being correct this would be one of my proudest predictions LOL.
Oct 27, 2022 9:33 PM
Aug 2020
Great episode, although I wish they could make the pace a little bit slower and do not skip a lot from the source!
Oct 27, 2022 9:50 PM

Apr 2008
Silliness is well and good, but I would have liked if the show did a bit more to justify why Cid doesn't believe the stuff clearly happening around him. Especially when he so calmly accepts the least believable thing, his overwhelming power.
Oct 28, 2022 12:52 AM
Jan 2017
Ta muito bom esse anime, próximo ep vai ser chave tb
Oct 28, 2022 1:40 AM
Mar 2021
Cid is stupidly edgy i like it.
Oct 28, 2022 2:32 AM
Oct 2022
Pls i want the studio to follow the manga instead of the light novel
Oct 28, 2022 3:38 AM

Feb 2018
So far I'm enjoying this anime. I'm just a sucker for this type of content lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Oct 28, 2022 6:12 AM
Apr 2015
I love the manga and the LN. they are blowing this. the humor is not there and it's basically another arifeurta
Oct 28, 2022 6:34 AM

Jul 2020
Okay it still isn't funny in the slightest but this episode is actually interesting, looks like the show's picking up
Oct 28, 2022 7:33 AM
Jan 2020
made me laugh hella, when he was setting up the expensive things in his room
Oct 28, 2022 8:17 AM
Mar 2022
I didnt really like the scenes compared to how they showed them in the manga but it was pretty good
Oct 28, 2022 9:41 AM

Jan 2012
I dunno, I still think that director is doing a really poor job on the series. Maybe it’s his inexperience.

The show itself is at least fun and entertaining but nothing special or great.
Oct 28, 2022 2:01 PM
Mar 2019
the ending got me really hype the "acting" played by the MC was really funny. Also when he was making that room, how much money did he get from the FM?? I know he has more income but like how much did he really need those gold coins he is rich.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

186 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

765 by BlaiseAuto »»
Sep 4, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

149 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

193 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2022

165 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 2:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.