Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 4, 2022 4:41 AM
Dec 2020
booooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Sep 4, 2022 5:17 AM
Aug 2019
Every episode is making me crave for the next episode...
Sep 4, 2022 5:53 AM
Jan 2017
this eps feel like,,
"Orewa Emiria ga Suki da",,

well ushio transfer her memory to that shell and lock it to herself can open it,, very unpredictable, really smart
Sep 4, 2022 6:26 AM

Jul 2016
One got friendzoned and another one got sisterzoned in one episode, now that's a record holder (≧∇≦*)

So glad to see Ushio back, she really kicked sliced those asses.ψ(`∇´)ψ

Wow such a good twist, two Ushio exist, that caught me off guard, I should have expected this for a time travel series ☆⌒(≧▽​° )
Sep 4, 2022 9:11 AM
Nov 2020
I was gonna hate them bringing back Ushio but then it actually made sense how

Can't wait for the next episode
Sep 4, 2022 9:45 AM

Dec 2018
ushio is back, i'm so happy
Sep 4, 2022 9:48 AM

Dec 2018
Kymazaki said:
Marinate1016 said:

I’m glad MAL people got better taste than Reddit. R/anime people was seething about this comment

im guessing they were just absolutely bashing her like ive seen alot of other people do which honestly surprises me since I thought people would've liked a bit of tan/dark skin beauty in the show despite her being useless (for now hopefully)

why would people bash mio ive been on her team from the beginning. i really hope things work out for her.
Sep 4, 2022 10:35 AM
Jan 2019
ushio voltou finalmente, ep mt bom
Sep 4, 2022 12:39 PM
Feb 2021
Summer time rendering is great
Sep 4, 2022 3:43 PM

Jan 2019
Mr_Bruh said:
This episode was alright, but one problem I've seen with this series since the beginning is that it's incredibly focused on rushing through the story. It was a bigger problem earlier on in the first half when this show was still a mystery, but now that the second half is more action oriented, it's not as bad.

Regardless of the overlying problem with the series, this episode and recent ones were all back to back important and fast paced action scenes. I'm going to compare this to Higurashi and Re:Zero, since it clearly draws inspiration from these Anime. One of the things Higurashi did well was separating all the action with slower, slice of life type scenes and episodes as well. These scenes helped the audience take a break from all the heavier scenes, and in Summertime Rendering I found myself just not being able to remember the clear string and order of events that got us here to episode 21 since it's just constant action. It never lets the audience have enough for the drama and other stuff to sink in.

I agree. I've also been thinking about the disparities between this and the other two anime, and Higurashi especially was a story fortunate to be made in a time where the studio could allow themselves to make a proper, full(-ish) adaptation, while this anime suffers heavily from pacing issues. The events are so compressed over one another that there is no room to breathe, which affects the tone and characters negatively, just as you said.

Another problem is how the plot twists and revelations come out of the blue, without proper foreshadowing and anticipation through mechanisms like a Chekov's Gun. I don't know how many of the inconsistencies are explained by the LN or manga, but I'm sure the rhythm flows much better in those formats, at least to let you theorize and question events in the downtime between.
Sep 4, 2022 7:45 PM

Apr 2013
I miss sensei, but Ushio is back <3333

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Sep 4, 2022 8:15 PM

Jan 2011
will forever miss best lady sensei but even after all the despair we loop back to getting some hope with Ushio coming back

as much as i've enjoyed my time with summertime rendering i do agree with it going so fast pace in the first cour which is both a blessing and a curse for this kind of time looping mystery anime you hardly have time to breath with how constant things are popping off
Sep 4, 2022 10:31 PM
Oct 2020
Shinpei's Depression Cancellled
Sep 4, 2022 11:03 PM

Nov 2012
So the kids were still saved. I thought they were sacrificed, esp when they showed shadow Mio jumping pass the group of shadows and the boy's cap. Makes me wonder if that line wasn't edited in the last minute.

In the beginning I didn't like Ushio. Now, I'm excited and happy to see her. I wonder if she can put Gui back together.
Sep 4, 2022 11:41 PM
Sep 2019
:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sep 5, 2022 12:40 AM

Apr 2018
Sheklon said:
Mr_Bruh said:
This episode was alright, but one problem I've seen with this series since the beginning is that it's incredibly focused on rushing through the story. It was a bigger problem earlier on in the first half when this show was still a mystery, but now that the second half is more action oriented, it's not as bad.

Regardless of the overlying problem with the series, this episode and recent ones were all back to back important and fast paced action scenes. I'm going to compare this to Higurashi and Re:Zero, since it clearly draws inspiration from these Anime. One of the things Higurashi did well was separating all the action with slower, slice of life type scenes and episodes as well. These scenes helped the audience take a break from all the heavier scenes, and in Summertime Rendering I found myself just not being able to remember the clear string and order of events that got us here to episode 21 since it's just constant action. It never lets the audience have enough for the drama and other stuff to sink in.

I agree. I've also been thinking about the disparities between this and the other two anime, and Higurashi especially was a story fortunate to be made in a time where the studio could allow themselves to make a proper, full(-ish) adaptation, while this anime suffers heavily from pacing issues. The events are so compressed over one another that there is no room to breathe, which affects the tone and characters negatively, just as you said.

Another problem is how the plot twists and revelations come out of the blue, without proper foreshadowing and anticipation through mechanisms like a Chekov's Gun. I don't know how many of the inconsistencies are explained by the LN or manga, but I'm sure the rhythm flows much better in those formats, at least to let you theorize and question events in the downtime between.

To have read the manga before, already the rhythm is identical on the original support, the anime is not for nothing.

Then as I said, having read the manga beforehand, I can tell you that 90% of the elements that you think are far-fetched have had their Chekhov's rifle or a preparation beforehand. You probably haven't seen them (because sometimes they are very subtle) but the work is full of foreshadowing, it's almost indecent.

The few times I've noticed unprepared plot devices, it's either to give a better rhythm to the story (without having to go through a boring phase) or have a minor impact in the plot and are rarely used afterwards.
Sep 5, 2022 2:21 AM
Jan 2022
What is even the point of Mio confessing to Shinpei? Lmao. At least the last scenes save this episode.
Sep 5, 2022 8:06 AM

Jan 2021
Ushio is baccckkk!!!

P.S. When a 20+ min episode seems to last 5 min you know that it is good...
Sep 5, 2022 8:36 AM
Feb 2021
kresi, it was really good and I love it. Especially with Usio back!
Sep 5, 2022 1:05 PM

Jun 2019
Well... our baby Ushio is back and she now remembers everything. Mio got rejected but she's a good girl. So, she respects and understands Shinpei's decision. Shinpei has no more loops left. So, it will be interesting to see how the ending will turn out to be. The animation in this episode was fire.
Sep 5, 2022 3:56 PM
Nov 2019
Hype demais esse ep
Sep 5, 2022 8:07 PM
Jul 2019
ushio came back and it was a very dramatic and happy moment, at least for me.
Sep 5, 2022 9:53 PM

Aug 2016
I saw a Subaru 2.0 coming with Shinpei rejection of Mio, but at least this makes more sense because it was known beforehand that Shinpei felt something more special with Ushio than Mio, who sees her more as her sister, even though Ushio is going to disappear at any moment and maybe I'll have a chance xD
Sep 6, 2022 3:32 AM
Apr 2022
The animation was too good in this episode
Sep 6, 2022 6:14 AM
Mar 2019
it was good we forward to finale
Sep 6, 2022 7:10 AM
Mar 2017
great episode, Ushio waifu
Sep 6, 2022 7:37 AM
Mar 2016
it was a very good episode.
Sep 6, 2022 7:38 AM

Sep 2009
Marinate1016 said:
Nah man we lost

Mad as hell they did my baby mio like that. When will best girls ever win, man… animation during that scene was amazing though. But fuck. Show may go from a 10 to a 9 after that.

Rest of the episode was fire though. Wonder who the staff was on this ep. The animation was superb. The underwater chase scene was very fluid and tense leading up to Ushio’s revival which was great btw.

Knew there was no way she was gonna be gone permanently, but still think they’ll need to get Haine on their side as opposed to an all out war against she and Shide. Just don’t have the numbers.

Mio still has two people interested in her. She can just give up on Shinpei.

But it was really a bit of friendzone episode.
Sep 6, 2022 8:15 AM

Feb 2019
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Marinate1016 said:
Nah man we lost

Mad as hell they did my baby mio like that. When will best girls ever win, man… animation during that scene was amazing though. But fuck. Show may go from a 10 to a 9 after that.

Rest of the episode was fire though. Wonder who the staff was on this ep. The animation was superb. The underwater chase scene was very fluid and tense leading up to Ushio’s revival which was great btw.

Knew there was no way she was gonna be gone permanently, but still think they’ll need to get Haine on their side as opposed to an all out war against she and Shide. Just don’t have the numbers.

Mio still has two people interested in her. She can just give up on Shinpei.

But it was really a bit of friendzone episode.

Nahhhhh man fuck all that. That was best ship
Sep 6, 2022 11:49 AM
Aug 2019
Beautifull, Ushio is the best
Sep 6, 2022 6:25 PM
Feb 2021
This is getting boring and boring every single episode
Sep 6, 2022 7:56 PM

May 2022
Great use of time travel really was clever way of "bringing" ushio back. Hopefully the last 4 episodes can end well.
Sep 7, 2022 12:36 AM

Nov 2019
So good! These last few episodes have been absolutely wild. I can't wait for the imminent showdown.
My candies:
Sep 7, 2022 6:48 AM
Jun 2020
The episode was awesome, when you didn't think it could get better, it does! always surprising me!
Sep 7, 2022 8:51 AM
Jul 2017
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa USHIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sep 7, 2022 10:39 AM
Nov 2020
it was fucking sick
Sep 7, 2022 10:32 PM

Jan 2021
Tbh, this episode was kinda bullshit; went from an 8 to a 7 imo. I really don’t think the romance is necessary, but whatever
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Sep 8, 2022 2:34 AM
Jun 2022
Spicelit said:
Tbh, this episode was kinda bullshit; went from an 8 to a 7 imo. I really don’t think the romance is necessary, but whatever

dude we already knew there was a tiny bit of romance since ep 1 why are you surprised??
Sep 8, 2022 2:35 AM
Jun 2022
awyz said:
This is getting boring and boring every single episode

stop watching?? i swear people be commenting on mal just to make themselves look like whiny bitches like nigga we dont care
Sep 8, 2022 4:31 AM

Nov 2019
Germs_N_Spices said:
Playay said:
I love the 'Deus ex Machina' this show has. It doesn't feel forced, and truly it was euphoric. 4 episodes left, let's see how this masterpiece goes.

The trick is to lay the groundworks thick early on so that it's celebrated as foreshadowing rather than plot armour

How tf is it plot armor when it's actually justified? Y'all need to stop misusing the terms "plot armor" and "deus ex machina"
Sep 8, 2022 4:49 AM

Oct 2016
Noisrev said:
Germs_N_Spices said:

The trick is to lay the groundworks thick early on so that it's celebrated as foreshadowing rather than plot armour

How tf is it plot armor when it's actually justified? Y'all need to stop misusing the terms "plot armor" and "deus ex machina"

I'm not sure why you're getting so defensive about me explaining how the storytelling is properly done. Considering that mechanisms of supernatural powers are entirely up to the author's discretion, foreshadowing is absolutely crucial in establishing the heuristical consistency which maintains suspension of disbelief. My point is that complaints about "plot armour" in fiction has a lot less to do with actual flaws in logic than whether information is presented in a way that the audience could digest.
Sep 8, 2022 5:50 AM

Nov 2019
Germs_N_Spices said:
Noisrev said:

I'm not sure why you're getting so defensive about me explaining how the storytelling is properly done. Considering that mechanisms of supernatural powers are entirely up to the author's discretion, foreshadowing is absolutely crucial in establishing the heuristical consistency which maintains suspension of disbelief. My point is that complaints about "plot armour" in fiction has a lot less to do with actual flaws in logic than whether information is presented in a way that the audience could digest.

"Plot armor in fiction"

What, you're not making any sense, where else should it(plot armor) be other than in fiction?

If it was justified beforehand then it's not plot armor, it's either justified or a plot armor, no in-between
Sep 8, 2022 5:59 AM

Oct 2016
Noisrev said:
Germs_N_Spices said:

"Plot armor in fiction"

What, you're not making any sense, where else should it(plot armor) be other than in fiction?

If it was justified beforehand then it's not plot armor, it's either justified or a plot armor, no in-between

Now you're just being mad for the sake of being mad. Turns out you didn't even bother to read into my posts and now you're just spewing vitriol at random phrases. I'm literally just explaining how plot armour works and how this show avoids relying on them. Who the hell hurt you?
Sep 8, 2022 7:33 AM

Jan 2021
Kymazaki said:
Spicelit said:

dude we already knew there was a tiny bit of romance since ep 1 why are you surprised??
dawg, I’m not surprised I just think it isn’t necessary
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Sep 8, 2022 9:46 AM
Jun 2022
Spicelit said:
Kymazaki said:

dawg, I’m not surprised I just think it isn’t necessary

well i mean the whole relationship between shinpei and ushio is literally romance soooooo ofc theres gonna be other characters who have love interests too, its a given.
Sep 8, 2022 10:18 AM
Jun 2021
All makes sense now. All these loops are doing it's job real well. All are on point and none of it is missing out. I'm still waiting for the MC to finally be able to use his powers. I don't see him weak but his smart and just sometimes feels lost when your close one di*d.
Finally ushio is back. And story will finally see the light since we now know that haine has trust issues. And the real enemy is shide.
Sep 8, 2022 10:25 AM

Jul 2019
Still sad for Hizuru, but happy that Ushio is back, let's go!
Sep 8, 2022 12:28 PM
Oct 2021
shit crazy ushio came back
Sep 8, 2022 6:08 PM
Jun 2015
I'm glad the way they got Ushio back to the show made sense. Now we can have some ridiculous deus ex machina to brjng mommy Hizuru back and I wont even be mad lol.
Jokes aside, great episode, specially the end. I saw some people say that the quality of the story would drop at the second part but, while we lost thag ominous feeling from the beginning, the show still pulls me in very much, its just the good old fun.
Sep 8, 2022 9:25 PM
Oct 2021
Animation is still consistently super good!!!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

82 by yusufonur98 »»
May 31, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

475 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

124 by Lanz »»
May 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

122 by jaesverse »»
May 23, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2022

152 by jaesverse »»
May 23, 5:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.