Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 15, 2022 7:39 AM
Feb 2018
Alphonae said:
Wtf guys.
I'm gone for a day and the next thing I see, you people are having a war of your own here

Da hell you expect lol this literally a topic about ideality/opinion clashes, this chaos will naturally come lol
Mar 15, 2022 7:39 AM
Mar 2018
WigoSas said:
Gloomy-eyes said:
Lol. There was never one because there was no hope of talking at all. If there was there would be no genocide, heck Tybur would not act to persuade the world to treat Eldians like enemy either. They wanted Founding titan and that doesn’t change one bit whether who is the ruler of Paradis. At the end they continue being a bunch of hopeless pacifists then Marley will continue to “attack”(not war, since that’s how you see it)

Also, when did we start sympathizing with Marley here? Like they treat Eldians less than animals. Genocide is wrong ofc but morality should not even be the topic when it’s come to survival

It's not that they don't have hope to discuss, it's that they didn't even bother to try. They supposed Eren was going to destroy the world, so they prepared for it. They supposed he was going to do the rumbling, so they asked for other nations' help

Marley tried to retrieve the founding titan only because Grisha entered Paradis, menacing the status quo. They couldn't enter the country because of the risk of the rumbling from the royal family, but Eren disrupted the equilibrium and took control of the founding titan, putting at risk humanity's existence as he could activate rumbling whenever he wanted.

Then, how can you expect sympathy from someone if you can't show it for him? Literally eldians have the potential to be killing machine, even if they don't want it. Titan are difficult to kill so average people would stand no chance against them and also the eldian empire has enslaved all the world for 2 thousand years, how can you expect the rest of the world to be ok with them? With that kind of argument no one gets want they want.

"The hopeless pacifist" have the possibility that no one gets to risk their lifes. If Paradis got an agreement with the world (not just Marley), the world wouldn't have a reason to fear eldians anymore as they could control the titan question and nobody become a titan. Instead they chose not to confront anyone, out of fear, hate and whatever, and war broke out. All because they feared and hated, instead of being rational
Wow, every single thing you said is completely false. Marleyans have been treating Eldians less than animals, feeding them to their dogs. Their portrayal is literally there. And really? Dumping Eldians inside camp and use them as biological weapon. It makes no sense if the world let alone Marley “fear” of titans.

Their fear of Eren is not the main reason they declared war either. They did fear, but it’s a propaganda that they used to join force with the rest of the world since their naval fleet got wrecked and everything happened before was lost on their side. Was that attempt out of fear of Eren, or it’s just another effort to retrieve FT?

The fact that you said that they sent kids there to retrieve FT because of Grisha tells me that you completely forget what happened in the story. How did they even know he was inside the walls in the first place? Like, did you forget what happened?

That hopeless pacifism is literally risking Paradisian own lives. Your statement about no one gets to risks their life is the stupidest thing ever. “All because they feared and hated, instead of being rational”. Lmao their lives have been doomed by these people for so long and about to get genocided, and if a retaliation is deemed as irrational perhaps they should not have doomed them in the first place
Mar 15, 2022 8:01 AM

Jul 2017
I don't hate the alliance but I cannot agree with alliance in any form
They don't have solution to the problem, if they did I doubt this topic would have ever come into existence
Mar 15, 2022 8:17 AM
May 2018
Just want to mention this ideological conflict shouldn't even be controversial. Eren is wrong and the alliance is right, and there's not even a single argument that could end in Eren's favor. This discussion should have been unanimous and it's very concerning that it isn't.

I look at this thread and pray that you people are actually just ignorant or didn't understand the story, and not anything worse. Many of the arguments on here sound like they come straight from the nazi regime.

UkRs said:
alliance is basically made up of people who betrayed their own people.. and that's about it..

They are traitors killing their own people because they consider their own people to be of less value than of others..

This is the kind of post I'd imagine on a yeagerist propaganda poster.

aktiwkunn said:
People who like the alliance are the people who'll most likely stab their own army in the back if they're at a war with another nation because "War Bad"

You literally quoted Hitler's stab-in-the-back myth. It's that kind of thinking that was part of the birth of his regime. Not sure if that's the kind of thinking you want to preach.

Gloomy-eyes said:
Literally the declaration of war declaimed this opinion. Diplomacy failed and war is the only choice left. It’s not an “easy” choice, it’s the only one

A war, as in the battle for the founding titan, was indeed necessary and unavoidable. There was not an opportune moment for diplomacy.

But everything starting from the moment Eldia won with Eren obtaining the founding, war was no longer necessary. Diplomacy became an option, and also the most likely for preventing further conflict.

Ryuukou said:
The people in the alliance are probably only doing this so that they can feel good about themselves after the ton of terrible shit they've done and only to save their families outside the wall and not for the sake of humanity, they're just a bunch of hypocrites.

You make it sound like it's unusual for people to do good things because they want to feel good about themselves. Like it's a bad thing. It's not hypocritical, it's human nature. I'd argue there is no bad reason to attempt saving billions of lives.
Mar 15, 2022 8:29 AM
May 2018
Akitokamisen said:
They don't have solution to the problem, if they did I doubt this topic would have ever come into existence

This topic came into existence because people don't understand the solution the alliance is suggesting. They have a solution to the problem, and a good one at that.

The yeagerists are the ones that can't provide a solution. Some people on here don't even dare think what would come after the genocide, imagining it will magically result in utopia after just a couple days of screaming. How would the people behave after a successful rumbling? Who's going to be in charge of Paradis politically afterwards? These things don't just randomly fall into place after such an event.

Genocide will result in an ideological conflict on Paradis, creating a deep societal divide amidst a political power struggle that would provide infinite potential for further altercations.
Mar 15, 2022 8:34 AM

Jul 2017
1Kyo said:
Akitokamisen said:

This topic came into existence because people don't understand the solution the alliance is suggesting. They have a solution to the problem, and a good one at that.

The yeagerists are the ones that can't provide a solution. Some people on here don't even dare think what would come after the genocide, imagining it will magically result in utopia after just a couple days of screaming. How would the people behave after a successful rumbling? Who's going to be in charge of Paradis politically afterwards? These things don't just randomly fall into place after such an event.

Genocide will result in an ideological conflict on Paradis, creating a deep societal divide amidst a political power struggle that would provide infinite potential for further altercations.

OH?? what is that solution (do not say the 50 year plan or zeke's plan or resolution by discussion)
The problems you have said can easily be fixed by founding titan (God for any eldians) since only eldians remain after genocide then you can control them however you want (memory manipulation and what not)
Mar 15, 2022 8:36 AM
Mar 2018
1Kyo said:
Just want to mention this ideological conflict shouldn't even be controversial. Eren is wrong and the alliance is right, and there's not even a single argument that could end in Eren's favor. This discussion should have been unanimous and it's very concerning that it isn't.

I look at this thread and pray that you people are actually just ignorant or didn't understand the story, and not anything worse. Many of the arguments on here sound like they come straight from the nazi regime.

UkRs said:
alliance is basically made up of people who betrayed their own people.. and that's about it..

They are traitors killing their own people because they consider their own people to be of less value than of others..

This is the kind of post I'd imagine on a yeagerist propaganda poster.

aktiwkunn said:
People who like the alliance are the people who'll most likely stab their own army in the back if they're at a war with another nation because "War Bad"

You literally quoted Hitler's stab-in-the-back myth. It's that kind of thinking that was part of the birth of his regime. Not sure if that's the kind of thinking you want to preach.

Gloomy-eyes said:
Literally the declaration of war declaimed this opinion. Diplomacy failed and war is the only choice left. It’s not an “easy” choice, it’s the only one

A war, as in the battle for the founding titan, was indeed necessary and unavoidable. There was not an opportune moment for diplomacy.

But everything starting from the moment Eldia won with Eren obtaining the founding, war was no longer necessary. Diplomacy became an option, and also the most likely for preventing further conflict.

Ryuukou said:
The people in the alliance are probably only doing this so that they can feel good about themselves after the ton of terrible shit they've done and only to save their families outside the wall and not for the sake of humanity, they're just a bunch of hypocrites.

You make it sound like it's unusual for people to do good things because they want to feel good about themselves. Like it's a bad thing. It's not hypocritical, it's human nature. I'd argue there is no bad reason to attempt saving billions of lives.
The only diplomacy they have, is Zeke’s false plan of 50 years. If you have such moral high ground then go on and support that since it’s the best plan given to Paradis. No one suffers but Historia. But hey, looks like Eren is clearly irrational and hateful towards the world that he outright rejected it. Gosh, the moral high ground when it’s come to survival is obnoxious. Perhaps you should realize you are the only one ignorant here. EveRyOne’s OpiNion iS liKe NazI. Does that come from a retarded sub?
Mar 15, 2022 9:28 AM
May 2018
Gloomy-eyes said:
The only diplomacy they have, is Zeke’s false plan of 50 years. If you have such moral high ground then go on and support that since it’s the best plan given to Paradis. No one suffers but Historia. But hey, looks like Eren is clearly irrational and hateful towards the world that he outright rejected it. Gosh, the moral high ground when it’s come to survival is obnoxious. Perhaps you should realize you are the only one ignorant here. EveRyOne’s OpiNion iS liKe NazI. Does that come from a retarded sub?

Akitokamisen said:
OH?? what is that solution (do not say the 50 year plan or zeke's plan or resolution by discussion)

It absolutely is the 50 year plan. It is the 100% correct decision.

When Eren managed to obtain the founding titan, Paradis became a global superpower that no other nation would dare to declare war on, until they have geared up enough to stand on equal grounds again. This would roughly take 50 years, creating tons of opportunities to establish diplomatic relations in order to clear the Eldian image. This is the alliance's (or at least, the Armin/Hange part's) plan.

Now why do you guys believe this plan would not work out? Because the rest of the world would eventually attack Paradis again after they caught up militarily? Now, the reason they even gear up in the first place is to restore the power balance. Without power balance, Paradis basically holds them at gunpoint.

Now after a 50 year-long cold war-ish period, after finally restoring the power balance, do you really think they would risk it all just for a chance of dethroning the global superpower?

Would the rest of the world unanimously decide to sacrifice millions of lives, crippling their economy in the process, just to take that chance?

Especially if Paradis never abused their military superiority to exploit other countries even once in those 50 years, would they even be considered a danger worth the risks of an all-out war?

Would they risk that feeling of safety, of finally being able to defend themselves, of finally being able to hold their ground against Paradis, for warfare against a country that has gone through so many diplomatic efforts to establish peace?

I'll let you guys answer that one.
Mar 15, 2022 9:35 AM
Feb 2022
k0rvus said:
ft45 said:

It's not a traitorous group, you brainlet. It's the will of the common people as well. I would say, they're in the majority. And it's quite expected.
They wouldn't want to live under the barrel of Marlyean shotgun.

But at the beginning, they were not at all in the majority. It was a small sub-sect of the army that literally assassinated its high-ranking officers. That is treason by definition.

Yes, but those killings were righteous.
After all, Erwin wouldn't have hesitated to kill when he was overthrowing the monarchy, had they put any resistance.
Mar 15, 2022 10:01 AM

Jul 2017
1Kyo said:
Gloomy-eyes said:

Akitokamisen said:

When Eren managed to obtain the founding titan, Paradis became a global superpower that no other nation would dare to declare war on, until they have geared up enough to stand on equal grounds again. This would roughly take 50 years, creating tons of opportunities to establish diplomatic relations in order to clear the Eldian image. This is the alliance's (or at least, the Armin/Hange part's) plan.

Now why do you guys believe this plan would not work out? Because the rest of the world would eventually attack Paradis again after they caught up militarily? Now, the reason they even gear up in the first place is to restore the power balance. Without power balance, Paradis basically holds them at gunpoint.

Now after a 50 year-long cold war-ish period, after finally restoring the power balance, do you really think they would risk it all just for a chance of dethroning the global superpower?

Would the rest of the world unanimously decide to sacrifice millions of lives, crippling their economy in the process, just to take that chance?

Especially if Paradis never abused their military superiority to exploit other countries even once in those 50 years, would they even be considered a danger worth the risks of an all-out war?

Would they risk that feeling of safety, of finally being able to defend themselves, of finally being able to hold their ground against Paradis, for warfare against a country that has gone through so many diplomatic efforts to establish peace?

50 years for the world to develop a counter for rumbling??!!
In my view it would take 5 - 15years for the world to develop a perfect counter to rumbling,
Or just developing a nuke in those 5-15years due to loss they suffered because of partial rumbling will Kickstart innovations and make the world more united and put more of its resources in to developing counter to the rumbling (paradise after 5 years developed a tool to make armored titan defense useless so why can't united world develop a something to counter the rumbling)
5-15 years is no where near enough time for paradise to catch up to the world
Mar 15, 2022 10:04 AM

Dec 2012
The alliance is comprised of race traitors and cucks. That alone disqualifies them from being taken seriously.
Mar 15, 2022 10:38 AM
Aug 2020
Alphonae said:
Are you implying that the people of paradis have a greater right to live than those living outside the walls? Despite the fact that both groups are victims of war.

I'm not even gonna beat around the bush anymore.

If you're this deep into the story and still look at it through an "Us" Vs "Them" lens, you're an embarrassment.

I understand not liking the plot armour, I understand thinking the pacing is clanky, I understand disliking the sudden change in pace, but I'll never understand being mad at the alliance for not wanting people to die. Especially considering the fact that Paradis is safe for atleast a century by this point.

Edit- I'm not neccessarily saying you *should* like the alliance, nor am I saying you should dislike the yeagerists.

All I'm saying is why hold such a narrow-minded outlook on the show. Both sides are just fighting for what they believe is correct. As simple as that.

Who cares about the alliance? Eren is a POS, lol. The anime has become a mess.

Mar 15, 2022 11:12 AM
Nov 2016
I don't hate any of the group, Eren and crew are going for the genocide route but they are simply doing it in self-defense, it's wrong and I won't side with them but I don't hate them because of it either, the alliance are simply trying to stop the genocide so they are doing good for humanity as well, stopping the genocide means that the Eldians will die sooner or later if they get raided later on.

If I have to choose a group, I would have sided with Zeke, that's the "lesser" evil IMHO, at least Zeke tried to stop the Eldians in the least painful way possible with the euthanasia plan.

And let's be honest, the Eldians are a dangerous group of people, if something happens and suddenly they transform into titans for whatever reason then nobody would be able to stop them so they will cause more harm than good. Eldians are simply ticking time bombs IMHO, the world will actually be a better/safer place without that dangerous race of people around, nothing to do with racism here, it's just a fact, they are dangerous and should be considered a ticking time bomb.
Mar 15, 2022 11:29 AM

Sep 2014
"Hey guys! Our strategic weapon has been put in motion, it might be the only thing that can guarantee our safety but lets stop it anyway. We will probably have to kill our friend which will render our weapon unusable and we will get wiped out after that, but it's all for the better, if you kill your enemies they win."
-The alliance-
Mar 15, 2022 11:52 AM
Mar 2018
1Kyo said:
Gloomy-eyes said:

Akitokamisen said:

well they rejected it for a reason. Obviously I agree it’s the best plan for sure but again, there’s a reason why they don’t agree to it. If I were in their shoe, I definitely will not ruin my life, my friend’s life and my children(4 times inheritance, at least) just so the likes of Marleyans could live. And as long as the royal blood is still around, everything could be hard reset back so it’s still not a risk free plan.
Mar 15, 2022 12:03 PM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Because they are badly written and completely hypocritical.
They're ok with killing and betraying their friends in order to save people that want to genocide Eldia.

HelltakerMar 15, 2022 12:10 PM
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Mar 15, 2022 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
Gloomy-eyes said:
WigoSas said:

It's not that they don't have hope to discuss, it's that they didn't even bother to try. They supposed Eren was going to destroy the world, so they prepared for it. They supposed he was going to do the rumbling, so they asked for other nations' help

Marley tried to retrieve the founding titan only because Grisha entered Paradis, menacing the status quo. They couldn't enter the country because of the risk of the rumbling from the royal family, but Eren disrupted the equilibrium and took control of the founding titan, putting at risk humanity's existence as he could activate rumbling whenever he wanted.

Then, how can you expect sympathy from someone if you can't show it for him? Literally eldians have the potential to be killing machine, even if they don't want it. Titan are difficult to kill so average people would stand no chance against them and also the eldian empire has enslaved all the world for 2 thousand years, how can you expect the rest of the world to be ok with them? With that kind of argument no one gets want they want.

"The hopeless pacifist" have the possibility that no one gets to risk their lifes. If Paradis got an agreement with the world (not just Marley), the world wouldn't have a reason to fear eldians anymore as they could control the titan question and nobody become a titan. Instead they chose not to confront anyone, out of fear, hate and whatever, and war broke out. All because they feared and hated, instead of being rational
Wow, every single thing you said is completely false. Marleyans have been treating Eldians less than animals, feeding them to their dogs. Their portrayal is literally there. And really? Dumping Eldians inside camp and use them as biological weapon. It makes no sense if the world let alone Marley “fear” of titans.

Their fear of Eren is not the main reason they declared war either. They did fear, but it’s a propaganda that they used to join force with the rest of the world since their naval fleet got wrecked and everything happened before was lost on their side. Was that attempt out of fear of Eren, or it’s just another effort to retrieve FT?

The fact that you said that they sent kids there to retrieve FT because of Grisha tells me that you completely forget what happened in the story. How did they even know he was inside the walls in the first place? Like, did you forget what happened?

That hopeless pacifism is literally risking Paradisian own lives. Your statement about no one gets to risks their life is the stupidest thing ever. “All because they feared and hated, instead of being rational”. Lmao their lives have been doomed by these people for so long and about to get genocided, and if a retaliation is deemed as irrational perhaps they should not have doomed them in the first place

Much of our discussion seems to come to the fact that we see Marleyans differently, I suppose you're thinking that they ALL hate eldians and that their grief and fears aren't as valuable as endians'. It seems you can't even consider them to receive human respect as they are the enemies and they aren't capable to come to an agreement with eldians.

---Dumping Eldians inside camp and use them as biological weapon.

That's the point, if they couldn't transform into titans, they would have never been treated like that. In the right hands, eldian lifes can be weapons of mass destruction and that's why they call them the devil's sons, as the fact they can be titans nullifies their humanity. That is unacceptable but it is normal that it happened.

---The fact that you said that they sent kids there to retrieve FT because of Grisha tells me that you completely forget what happened in the story. How did they even know he was inside the walls in the first place?

The owl fckin destroyed the port and killed all the people present there. They noticed something was missing and when discovered the owl was a spy they deduced what happened, they knew someone entered Paradis.
And yes, the effort to take the founding titans was made because they knew someone was gonna mess with the royal family, eventually it happened. If I'm not wrong marley's infiltration squad (Annie, Bertold, Reiner and the guy) was the first attempt to retrieve the ft

---Lmao their lives have been doomed by these people for so long and about to get genocided, and if a retaliation is deemed as irrational perhaps they should not have doomed them in the first place

It goes both ways obviously, it is expected a reaction like the jaegerist but it isn't excusable. It's not like if a country invaded yours, you are free to kill anybody from that country. Marley has its fault at wanting to exterminate eldians without discussion but jaegerist are wrong in trying to exterminate all of the world without discussion (they literally had the opportunity to open to the world but the first thing the eldian goverment did was to open themselves to one country to improve military and then isolate)

In fact im not in marley or eldia's favour, rather i'm with the alliance because that's what we should strive for. We should always try to negotiate with other people instead of using the excuse: "He attacked me, so I will attack"
Mar 15, 2022 2:42 PM

Sep 2017
"NOOO YOU CANT JUST SAY YOU HATE THE ALLIANCE!!!!"
Mar 15, 2022 2:57 PM

Jan 2016
ft45 said:
k0rvus said:

But at the beginning, they were not at all in the majority. It was a small sub-sect of the army that literally assassinated its high-ranking officers. That is treason by definition.

After all, Erwin wouldn't have hesitated to kill when he was overthrowing the monarchy, had they put any resistance.
These two situations could not be more different. What Erwin did differently during his overthrowing was arresting the members of the government who were literally guilty of crimes. Meanwhile, the Yaegerists killed nearly every high-ranking officer without ever even giving them a chance to resist AND who were not guilty of crimes and/or in power under false premises.
Mar 15, 2022 4:13 PM
Mar 2018
WigoSas said:
Gloomy-eyes said:

Much of our discussion seems to come to the fact that we see Marleyans differently, I suppose you're thinking that they ALL hate eldians and that their grief and fears aren't as valuable as endians'. It seems you can't even consider them to receive human respect as they are the enemies and they aren't capable to come to an agreement with eldians.

---Dumping Eldians inside camp and use them as biological weapon.

That's the point, if they couldn't transform into titans, they would have never been treated like that. In the right hands, eldian lifes can be weapons of mass destruction and that's why they call them the devil's sons, as the fact they can be titans nullifies their humanity. That is unacceptable but it is normal that it happened.

---The fact that you said that they sent kids there to retrieve FT because of Grisha tells me that you completely forget what happened in the story. How did they even know he was inside the walls in the first place?

The owl fckin destroyed the port and killed all the people present there. They noticed something was missing and when discovered the owl was a spy they deduced what happened, they knew someone entered Paradis.
And yes, the effort to take the founding titans was made because they knew someone was gonna mess with the royal family, eventually it happened. If I'm not wrong marley's infiltration squad (Annie, Bertold, Reiner and the guy) was the first attempt to retrieve the ft

---Lmao their lives have been doomed by these people for so long and about to get genocided, and if a retaliation is deemed as irrational perhaps they should not have doomed them in the first place

It goes both ways obviously, it is expected a reaction like the jaegerist but it isn't excusable. It's not like if a country invaded yours, you are free to kill anybody from that country. Marley has its fault at wanting to exterminate eldians without discussion but jaegerist are wrong in trying to exterminate all of the world without discussion (they literally had the opportunity to open to the world but the first thing the eldian goverment did was to open themselves to one country to improve military and then isolate)

In fact im not in marley or eldia's favour, rather i'm with the alliance because that's what we should strive for. We should always try to negotiate with other people instead of using the excuse: "He attacked me, so I will attack"
Except they actually couldn’t turn into titans without the spinal fluid. They were treated this way because it’s convenient to them that they and their genes can be used as weapons, not because they have weapons themselves. There’s no such thing as fear. The only motive left here is their ancestors crime that they were treated like that. Bs but if that’s the justification then Yeagerists have more than enough over the last 2 thousand years.

Also please read again on why they tried to retrieve FT. Grisha is not anywhere related at all. If it’s about the owl their actions would be immediate. They fucked the king’s vow all for their greed of sexy resources and military strength. Good thing Grisha was there otherwise the second wall would collapse next.

It’s inexcusable for Yeagerists AND the Marleyans as well. Don’t let the trolley problem fly over your head now to judge which is acceptable evil and which isn’t.
Mar 15, 2022 10:13 PM
Apr 2020
Alphonae said:
Are you implying that the people of paradis have a greater right to live than those living outside the walls? Despite the fact that both groups are victims of war.

I'm not even gonna beat around the bush anymore.

If you're this deep into the story and still look at it through an "Us" Vs "Them" lens, you're an embarrassment.

I understand not liking the plot armour, I understand thinking the pacing is clanky, I understand disliking the sudden change in pace, but I'll never understand being mad at the alliance for not wanting people to die. Especially considering the fact that Paradis is safe for atleast a century by this point.

Edit- I'm not neccessarily saying you *should* like the alliance, nor am I saying you should dislike the yeagerists.

All I'm saying is why hold such a narrow-minded outlook on the show. Both sides are just fighting for what they believe is correct. As simple as that.

dude honestly wth are you talking about?

again its not that deep. You even said it yourself "both sides are fighting for what they believe is right"

You have had a main cast of characters that people have grown to love, that have been split up and are now on different sides and you can't understand why people would like one side with characters they like vs the other side?

its a fictional war story my dude, with both sides in the wrong. Sounds like you are wanting some Disney, world peace happy ever after ending where all the people and titans come together and hold hands <3.
Mar 16, 2022 3:23 AM

Feb 2022
nexuro01 said:
Nurguburu said:

Levi working with Annie is awful considering she killed his entire squad in S1 and he never mention them again.
Well, the only characters for which it would make sense to work with alliance are Armin, Hanji and Mikasa. Mikasa with intention to backstab them the moment they mean any harm to Eren that is.

nexuro01 said:
Nurguburu said:

Levi working with Annie is awful considering she killed his entire squad in S1 and he never mention them again.
Well, the only characters for which it would make sense to work with alliance are Armin, Hanji and Mikasa. Mikasa with intention to backstab them the moment they mean any harm to Eren that is.

They definitely needed to do more to establish motivation for the characters in a coherent way. I still don't understand how Jean is on this mission, considering he criticized Eren the entire time of suicidal approaches. The marvel meme is pretty accurate because his and others motivations seems to be purely "heroic". It would make more sense for Hange, Mikasa and Armin to try contacting Eren without the others.
Mar 16, 2022 7:27 AM
Feb 2022
k0rvus said:
ft45 said:

These two situations could not be more different. What Erwin did differently during his overthrowing was arresting the members of the government who were literally guilty of crimes. Meanwhile, the Yaegerists killed nearly every high-ranking officer without ever even giving them a chance to resist AND who were not guilty of crimes and/or in power under false premises.

Talking to you about this is like talking to 12 yr old, which I hope you're not.

Erwin didn't had to resort to killing due to the plot. Meanwhile, the plot is working against Yaegerists by showing them as evil. Truth is, they did what they had to do to seize the power. They had to go to extreme means because no one would relinquish power, no matter what unless they are forced to. And you can actually say that those officers are guilty of crimes (from Yaegerists POV obviously), by endangering the island because muh morality. They are perfectly justified in executing whoever goes out of line because it would endanger them all. Also, you don't give your enemies a chance to resist. That would be foolish.
Mar 16, 2022 9:16 AM
Dec 2021
I do not like the alliance. I am on sexy eren's side.

cos(y^(x))=log(x+sin(yx)) where the base of the log is arctan(x^2). In this equation, x and y are variables: not constant. What is the differentiated form with respect to x. I will write dy/dx as f, so y differentiated with respect to x is f.

Differentiating the cos(y^(x)) term first: -sin(y^x)*derivative of y^x, which is: (y^x)(ln y +fxy^-1) so:
-(y^x)(ln(y) +fxy^-1)sin(y^x)

Now differentiating the log(x+sin(xy)) with its base being arctan(x^2). so let a=log(x+sin(xy)), so Arctan(x^2)^a=x+sin(xy) so
aln(arctan(x^2))=ln(x+sin(xy)) which differentiated into: (1+cos(xy)(y+fx)))/(x+sin(xy))=a*((2x(1+x^4)^-1)/(arctan(x^2)))+(da/dx)ln(arctan(x^2)). so the derivative of log(x+sin(xy)) base arctan(x^2) is:
((1+cos(xy)(y+fx))(x+sin(xy))^-1) - (2xlog(x+sin(xy))(arctan(x^2)^-1)(1+x^4)^-1 ))/(ln(arctan(x^2)))

so: -(y^x)(ln(y) +fxy^-1)sin(y^x)=((1+cos(xy)(y+fx))((x+sin(xy))^-1)) - (2xlog(x+sin(xy))(arctan(x^2)^-1)(1+x^4)^-1 ))/(ln(arctan(x^2))). Now it is easy, what is left is to rearrange for f. I will leave the answer unsimplified so there will be negative powers within numerators and denominator.

f=((ln(arctan(x^2)))(-sin(y^x)(y^x)(ln(y))) - ((x+sin(xy))^-1 + (ycos(xy)((x+sin(xy))^-1)) + (2xlog(x+sin(xy)))((arctan(x^2)^-1)((1+x^4)^-1)) )/(((y^x)(sin(y^x))(xy^-1)) + (xcos(xy)((x+sin(xy))^-1)))
Mar 17, 2022 10:41 PM

Jan 2016
ft45 said:
k0rvus said:

Talking to you about this is like talking to 12 yr old, which I hope you're not.

Erwin didn't had to resort to killing due to the plot. Meanwhile, the plot is working against Yaegerists by showing them as evil. Truth is, they did what they had to do to seize the power. They had to go to extreme means because no one would relinquish power, no matter what unless they are forced to. And you can actually say that those officers are guilty of crimes (from Yaegerists POV obviously), by endangering the island because muh morality. They are perfectly justified in executing whoever goes out of line because it would endanger them all. Also, you don't give your enemies a chance to resist. That would be foolish.
First off, they were not "endangering the island," unless you consider not committing full-scale genocide as the only means to not do this (which it is not). There's a difference between them personally endangering the island vs the island simply being endangered.

Secondly, even if they DID endanger the island, that is quite literally not a crime. The Yaegerists would view it as wrong and unbefitting of leaders, but it is not a crime. Conversely, one of the main reasons that the original government leaders were able to be publicly ousted was because they were previously very publicly exposed to have ordered the murder of an innocent man. This is a literal crime. "Endangering the island" is not a crime, and is certainly not one that warrants a death penalty, especially for those who were only vaguely involved in the decision-making and were unnamed characters of the lower-end of the high-rank.

And you really need to make up your mind on whether or not Erwin would take these same actions. You claim that it's foolish to give your enemies a chance to resist, yet Erwin did just that by arresting the government officials rather than executing them. We have contextual and relevant evidence of him acting in polar opposition to how you believe he would. Saying that it's just this way because of the plot is not at all a valid argument. Do you think you know these characters better than Isayama himself? Because he wrote them to act in these ways. The Yaegerists are written to seem evil because they are literally attempting to exterminate every race on the planet but their own in an act of genocide. That is evil, no matter the reasoning behind the intended action.
Mar 18, 2022 5:25 AM
Feb 2022
First off, they were not "endangering the island," unless you consider not committing full-scale genocide as the only means to not do this (which it is not). There's a difference between them personally endangering the island vs the island simply being endangered.

Secondly, even if they DID endanger the island, that is quite literally not a crime. The Yaegerists would view it as wrong and unbefitting of leaders, but it is not a crime. Conversely, one of the main reasons that the original government leaders were able to be publicly ousted was because they were previously very publicly exposed to have ordered the murder of an innocent man. This is a literal crime. "Endangering the island" is not a crime, and is certainly not one that warrants a death penalty, especially for those who were only vaguely involved in the decision-making and were unnamed characters of the lower-end of the high-rank.

And you really need to make up your mind on whether or not Erwin would take these same actions. You claim that it's foolish to give your enemies a chance to resist, yet Erwin did just that by arresting the government officials rather than executing them. We have contextual and relevant evidence of him acting in polar opposition to how you believe he would. Saying that it's just this way because of the plot is not at all a valid argument. Do you think you know these characters better than Isayama himself? Because he wrote them to act in these ways. The Yaegerists are written to seem evil because they are literally attempting to exterminate every race on the planet but their own in an act of genocide. That is evil, no matter the reasoning behind the intended action.

I used the word crime in a more broad sense obviously, and it fits there. Arguing on petty semantics is lame.

And whatever Erwin did was in a very controlled manner, with the full support of the military, and other branches of government. He wanted to delegitimize them and didn't care much about it further. If Erwin had started executions, the nobility would have flipped on him and that would be very bad overall, but it wasn't even needed because they yielded the power just after a little push. This is apparently very different from the case of Yaegerists. Both had different goals in mind, and thus different courses of action.

The Yaegerists are written to seem evil because they are literally attempting to exterminate every race on the planet but their own in an act of genocide. That is evil, no matter the reasoning behind the intended action.

You seem to believe religiously in the idea that exterminating your enemies is an evil act, no matter the reasoning. So, it is pointless to talk further since you lack an open mind to critically think without inserting your dogmas in between.
I don't want to stretch this issue any further either way.
Mar 18, 2022 1:24 PM

Feb 2017
it's ok for the marleyan sides to "save the world", but the eldian (armin etc)?
why the fuck they care so much about the people who are about to wipe their race and risk their descendants lives.

there's also more about it, especially for eren.

isayama or his editor is afraid of controversy and chooses shit but "safe" story over interesting one.
evonieeMar 18, 2022 1:33 PM

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 20, 9:48 PM
Aug 2020
I am effing hate the alliance and aot series as whole. it is a waste of time reading this bullshit story about peace-loving libertarian traitor vs wussy-turned-edgy and turned wussy again man that wanted to cleanslate world -half-heartedly at that- for some reason. to anyone that likes cuckoldism, this story is for you and I hope you are in a cuck relationship as well, you piece of degenerate and you are the one sitting on the sideline.

For those who haven't read the series, trust me you'll be better off not picking up this manga and do something else. If you don't have anything else to do in life, go out and touch some grass.
Jul 20, 7:22 AM
Jan 2019
Reply to YamsMuncher
UkRs said:

That's a wrong way of thinking. The alliance doesn't want genocide to occur. Like Hange said-"killing everyone would be a mistake".
@YamsMuncher and as a result the paradise people will all die. I dont get why they were against zekes plan before they knew about the no babies stuff. Now, they should maybe try to convicne eren to just attack marley but the whole world hates paradis.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

551 by aaltairs »»
Sep 14, 6:11 PM

» Does AoT have the most toxic fandom? ( 1 2 3 )

unpredictablech_ - Mar 1, 2022

108 by Zayar2005 »»
Aug 30, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

431 by kfk »»
Aug 29, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

302 by flokigoat »»
Aug 25, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Who suffered the most? (2nd one)(manga readers)

ViViD_AI - Feb 2, 2022

30 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 22, 10:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.