Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 15, 2021 3:41 PM
Dec 2016
Overall of the anime, i love it. Especially the scene that ichika san said "Will you wait for me until i'm mature?" But i Think the ending is need to be more dramatically. I'm touched 😭😭😭😭😭 8,5/10 (but of the ending scene is improved, i'll give 9.6/10)
Jun 15, 2021 4:53 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 12 and its a really good ending.. reflecting on what happened in the previous episodes, i think that his and her actions are justifiable.. just what does it mean to love someone with an age gap? I might not know, or maybe not yet, i dont know.. but their story might be an inspiration from actual real events.. some will say that ryo has hypnotized ichika, but i say that its due to their unique characteristics and the people around them, that they were made for each other.. something like this would only have a very thin possibility of coming true in the real world, but it doesnt mean that its not possible.. and if it does, one must have the resolve to be sincere and truly love each other, no matter what happens along the way maybe.. anyways, i rate the anime a 9.5 of 10, 9.5 for both story and art.. :)
Jun 15, 2021 5:08 PM
Sep 2020
Heartgasm!! Too happy after that episode then real life sets in and I realize anime is just my escape from this hell of a reality we call life. Well done koi to yobu no wa kimochi warui and thank you beautiful end to a fantastic anime.
Jun 15, 2021 5:46 PM

Apr 2018
Honestly what a ride and a satisfying ending, Although there was some dull parts I really enjoyed it myself. 8/10
Jun 16, 2021 5:58 AM

Apr 2018
Rio's smile was just perfect.
Happy ending afterall.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 16, 2021 6:03 AM

Jul 2014
If there is one thing this show has opened my eyes with is that a lot of people here and in social media talking about this show is that they do not know what “pedophilia” means.

Anyways I always liked this since ep 1, love the banters they have and Ichika being the “tsukkomi” type or girl, she is def lacking in the char dept and barely has anything memorable about her but she is still adorable and fun.
I liked the earlier parts where she was still on full tsukkomi type with Ryo’s creepiness. Somewhere along the lines shit started getting serious especially with Ryo’s background story and the development he gets.

The OP and ED songs were great, really fit the series, I hope we get an ova where we get to watch them dating.

Overall a very entertaining romcom best one this season by a long shot! Fuck OsaMake.
8/10.
Jun 16, 2021 7:07 AM

Apr 2020
the only non mainstream thing in this anime maybe the age difference, that's why i keep watching until the end. The drama is average, characters development is good, I enjoyed most of the episodes. 7/10
Jun 16, 2021 10:13 AM

Jan 2020
Despite the awkward age difference, I still ended up liking this show. The ending was nice and I personally found it better than the other age gap anime (that shouldn’t end in romance between the 2 mains but probably will) Higehiro, which I dropped. The fan base for that anime is basically just Sayu simps it seems.
Jun 16, 2021 10:43 AM

Jul 2017
Well, it was good. Nothing that spectacular, but sure was enjoyable to watch at least. At first i didn't really like Ryou because he was pretty damn weird and a bit too forceful on Ichika, but as the episodes went on, he actually was considerate of her and really loved her, so i guess it was worth to see his evolution as a character. Storywise, nothing really remarkable, just your ordinary age-gap romance story that actually had a pretty good ending ^^

7/10
Jun 16, 2021 11:33 AM
Nov 2012
Now that it's over, here's hoping the voice actors can finally be rescued from that well they've been trapped down in all season.
Jun 16, 2021 12:53 PM

Jun 2019
the fact that this is rated 7.5 Lol, I forced my self through this cause i'm a completionist, poor Tamaru, every other characters in this could go fuck their selves.
Jun 16, 2021 12:58 PM

Jun 2019
Dudi4PoLFr said:
The train wreck of the season IMHO, alternative title for this anime : "Stockholm syndrome - The animation".

Factualy Correct
"but...but... yOu dOnt uNdERsTaNd" lmao
Jun 17, 2021 12:54 AM

Feb 2011
OMG, ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, I REALLY LOVE THIS ANIME SO MUCH & RYOU X ICHIKA IS ONE OF MY TOP FAVORITE COUPLE OF ALL ANIME/MANGA !!!!!!!! I was in tears throughout the entire episode, I can't help it. I felt sad in how Ryou was avoiding Ichika thinking he isn't someone worthy of her love, Ichika fully realized Ryou is someone she can't live without ( she can't longer hide her feelings), especially towards the end was so overly PASSIONATE: the part where Ichika went to look for Ryou, where they got united ( really bring us back where everything started for them), Ryou told his reasons why he thinks they shouldn't be together, Ichika expressing her overall feelings seh has for Ryo, there she FINALLY CONFESSED HER FEELINGS (MY GOD, IT WAS SO EMOTIONAL), AND THE KISS SCENE WAS SO CUTE!!!!! XD Their first hug as a couple is so meaningful and true I'm happy to see Ryou is willing to wait for Ichika: I really love where he says: "We can take all the time you need together" until that time comes, that's where they'll spend the rest of the lives together will start: so beautiful to see they are walking the same pace together where their love will only get stronger when time finally comes SERIOULSY I'M SO DAWN HAPPY RIGHT NOW IN HOW MY FAVORITE SHIP'S HAPPINESS WILL BLOOM!!!!!!! I'm going to miss this anime so much, my favorite anime from this year for sure.

Seriously I wish we get to see after Ichika's graduates from high school where Ryou X Ichika love relationship will open a new chapter of their lives ( knowing Ryou I'm positive he'll proposal to Ichika in her High School graduation, getting married and building a family together, OMG YES PLEASE!!!!! <3). I'm happy to see the fans reacted happily with the ending, so much that we all wish there's an OVA after the ending where Ichika is just one step closer towards adulthood and where Ryou X Ichika love will become forever everlasting: RYOU X ICHIKA TOGETHER 4EVER!!!!! XD

Jun 17, 2021 12:54 AM

Sep 2020
Honestly this anime was a lot cuter than I thought it would be and I actually enjoyed it though it could be better of course. Does anyone know if it will be getting a second season or ending here?
Jun 17, 2021 1:04 AM

Feb 2011
Sean42 said:
Honestly this anime was a lot cuter than I thought it would be and I actually enjoyed it though it could be better of course. Does anyone know if it will be getting a second season or ending here?

I truly wish there is but sadly the manga already ended with such beautiful conclusion where we wish there's more towards the story: RYOU X ICHIKA ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER!!!!!!! <3
Jun 17, 2021 1:26 AM

Sep 2020
sweetangie said:
Sean42 said:

I truly wish there is but sadly the manga already ended with such beautiful conclusion where we wish there's more towards the story: RYOU X ICHIKA ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER!!!!!!! <3

Ah that sucks but at least a good ending.
Jun 17, 2021 1:59 AM

Feb 2020
I really liked this anime very much. With all the talk about stalking, grooming and paedophilia etc, I though this series would has some weird antics. but i was wrong its a pretty straight forward romance with a age gap theme (only things is mc is quite bold and persistent). characters are very likeable (even the romantic rivals are not toxic). This series kind of reminds me of Tsuki ga Kirei in many ways (only things is that doesnt have age gap theme)

overall pretty decent romance josei anime. also ost is really good especially I really love the ed

AdampkJun 17, 2021 2:15 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 17, 2021 8:22 AM
Mar 2021
I'm surprise at how much I actually enjoyed this anime. Initially I genuinely thought I was gonna get bored with a fairy simple romance anime but color me surprisd. The way they handled each episode while Still being funny and quirky I loved every sec of it. And found no character that I genuinely disliked(as far as main cast go). 8.5 out of 10
Jun 17, 2021 7:11 PM
Dec 2013
This show was better than it deserved to be. 7.5/10 for me. I don't regret watching it at all.
Jun 18, 2021 1:57 PM
Oct 2018
Sean42 said:

The manga ended and they covered just about everything, but it would be nice to see an anime-original OVA doing a time skip to their engagement and wedding. The show had decent popularity in Japan so it could happen, but it's probably a longshot.
Jun 24, 2021 5:06 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A great final episode, love that Ichika got to confess and Ryo got the kiss in, very sweet stuff. This show honestly surprised me with how good it was and how much I personally enjoyed it, sure there was the issue with Ryo’s VA’s mic but it didn’t hurt it for me. I’m a big Romcom guy and this was a very good one imo, had great characters and a good love story.

Loved seeing Ichika progress from calling him creepy to actually falling in love, and Ryo was always fun with his reactions to Ichika and how much he devoted himself to her. The OP and ED were both really good, that ED is gonna hit me hard with nostalgia in the near future for sure. Overall great show, gonna miss it big time. I am for an OVA that takes place in the future when Ichika is older.
Jun 25, 2021 1:22 PM
Jun 2017
Loved it. Any idea about Season 2?
Jul 6, 2021 9:19 PM
Dec 2020
Wow a great ending❤️😭. Ryo and Ichika sealed the deal let’s go and a kiss at last let’s go man we did it😂. A great anime worth a watch. I think ryo dad and mom have an age gap and the dad doesn’t want him to go through the same thing I’m guessing because it seems like that. Perfect end. Imma need to see if anymore material because this was straight❤️🔥🔥. See y’all at another anime😂🔥❤️👍🏻.
Jul 8, 2021 11:46 AM

Mar 2015
My man grooms a girl for 6 months and when she finally develops feelings for him he ghosts her haha

At least Ichika finally grew some balls and confessed to him. Good for her.
Jul 11, 2021 3:41 AM

May 2015
Awwwww so cute! God I love this series!

Its so nice to have more innocent romances in my selection of romances to re-watch. This one was really good as well. Can't wait to re-watch this in the future.

Also, its funny cause I was re-watching Wotakoi while watching this as it aired and it had a scene with the cover of this manga on the wall before it even aired and I as like "I know that anime" lol.
DarknessRealityJul 11, 2021 3:47 AM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 12, 2021 6:02 PM
Aug 2020
Woaaahhh I LOVE THIS!!! I Hope we will get 2nd season !!! Oh pleaseeee!
Jul 20, 2021 6:12 PM
Jul 2013
If anyone's read the manga ending, who does Rio, the sister, end up with if anyone? Spoilers welcome.
Aug 15, 2021 8:09 AM

Jul 2015
I bet more people would've supported the main romance if the roles were reversed (a highschooler having a crush on an adult is innocent compared to the opposite which is kinda predatory/creepy) or the age gap not being so big (although less of an issue if both were adults) but I guess thats the selling point of this series with its fitting title.
Still glad its portrayed in a more lighthearted way so it isn't painful to sit through (unlike the romantic mess of Kuzu no Honkai) with Ichika and Ryo's romance working out in the end.

Aug 28, 2021 5:18 PM

Feb 2021
There is a lot to say about this anime, maybe in a review and taking care of my grammar a little more, but although the beginning can generate a bit of discomfort, the development of the characters is wonderful. Ryuo's past, the interpellation of his way of acting, Ichika's insecurities, the fear of society's opinion, are all very deep themes, developed in a natural and interesting way. I really loved anime, the characters are charismatic and the couple very adorable :D

Sep 4, 2021 10:38 PM

Sep 2012
Lovely wholesome show. Both main characters were quite enjoyable to watch. The humor/comedy and the relationship progress was well done. It was really good that the ending was satisfying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2022 6:04 PM
Dec 2019
Please tell me that I'm not the only one thinking that the kiss was extremely lack luster? They zoomed out and dropped the quality.
This was really fun series to watch. It's been a while since I've binged an anime.
Feb 17, 2022 6:19 PM

Apr 2014
this series was really amazing, though for the ending i would have liked a little time skip or something as it just just leaves you hanging with wanting to know what happens next

i mean yeah we know they love each other and all of that and want to be together and well they are but even still i just wanted to see a little bit into their future lives with each other is all

but nonetheless i enjoyed this short series it was really short and sweet and i loved it
"one step at a time"
Mar 13, 2022 4:57 AM

Jul 2021
Eh after rewatching, I did feel like there were some production value and even if the animation isn't that fluid at times, the story was very well told on the medium, I really love how the ML and FL were very comfortable with each other in the 2nd half and on the latter, the side characters are likable, and the ending was already enough for the better or the worse, this is one of the accurate portrayal of an age-gap series I've come across to. From 7 > 8
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 28, 2022 9:14 AM

Apr 2011
Its finally over.

Ichika finally confessed and Ryou accepted it. He even told his dad about his situation without them fighting. I see no problem with him waiting for Ichika to be an adult and its the right thing to do.
Honestly, the series honestly, feel dull, and the characters somehow aren't likeable for me. But near the end I could see development with the characters which is good. The ending where the two are now together and the confession are nothing outrageous or spectacular but nice and simple, which suits the series fine.

The anime wasn't good but it wasn't bad either.

All's well that ends well.

5/10
Nov 18, 2022 10:31 PM
Jan 2021
Very good anime.
Great development b/w mc and fmc.
9/10 from me.
Feb 20, 2023 11:31 AM
May 2016
não sou de assistir romance...mas este foi muito bom. o tom de comedia e romance ficou na dosagem certa. claro que faltou alguns fechamentos da historia e isso incômoda.
tem que fechar as pontas .
Apr 22, 2023 12:09 AM
Apr 2023
Hoping for season 2
Apr 28, 2023 6:35 AM
May 2020
nice neat ending there
May 1, 2023 5:54 PM

Oct 2022
What an ending I really enjoyed it, Rio has been such a cute little adrorable supportive sister.

Thank god things turned out the way they did, I'm really happy they both dealt with their issues and decided to priortize each other over everything. The character development both Ichika and Ryo showed were insane they really went after mature and honest decision and stayed true till the end. 

May 14, 2023 10:11 PM

Sep 2014
This show exceeded my expectations. It was very well paced and the character development was the pivot of storyline.

Ichika art style was quite appealing, she looked like the very definition of simple and normal highschool girl. Also liked the whole calm, reserved and supportive attitue of Rio-san throughout the story. Furthermore all the supporting characters were great, neither Tamaru-kun nor Arie-san tried to shift the story away from our main characters, there was not a single character in this anime which was annoyed me, which is quite rare. 

Overall I really enjoyed this sweet love story overcoming age differences with a sincere approach. Will someday go through its manga as well.
Sep 13, 2023 12:45 AM
May 2016
Devamını heyecanla bekliyorum.
Oct 1, 2023 2:52 PM
Aug 2017
Reply to dxing
Did anyone else just completely lose suspension of belief when Ichika’s mom pretty much encouraged her high school daughter to date a 29 year old? I dunno, just seems super irresponsible for a parent to not even give off any red flags.
@dxing Yes, that was the biggest concern for me. When i was 16 i dated a 20 yo and my mother wasn't happy. Ichika's mom was definitely encouraging her. wtf
Oct 24, 2023 7:41 PM
May 2021
I loved this anime, gr3eat hope second season
Oct 30, 2023 11:20 PM
Jun 2023
If Kai Tamaru and Arie Matsushima were the main couple of Koikimo or had scenes together, a lot of people would gravitate towards that anime and it would have better reviews and ratings.
Dec 7, 2023 3:43 PM

May 2019
I thought that this was a pretty decent romcom with good gradual character and relationship growth for both Ryo and Ichika, although I thought Ichika was all over the place but she was young.

Rio was the best wing girl for both her friend and brother. On a side note I would watch a spin off of Rio if it is ever made. Ryo's photographer friend was also a great wing man and friend that helped Ryo out when he needed it. Regarding the other characters in Kai and Arie I figured that they would get their hearts broken but they seemed to be doing well afterwards.

I thought that the animation, character designs, and storyline were good and I would watch a follow-up to this if it is ever made.

7/10
Dec 30, 2023 3:49 AM
Apr 2015
This was hard to watch
Feb 23, 11:02 AM
Nov 2023
For me it has one of the best openings of romantic anime
May 5, 10:23 AM
Dec 2022
Feels kinda weird to see a grown man with a job pursuing a teenager.
May 25, 5:11 AM

Jul 2021
lol look at the difference in poll ratings compared to the first episode.

i was actually pretty pissed at ryo for trying to distance himself after all he did. constant nagging, calling, meeting daily, being nice and affectionate and showing it for 6 months only to realise what he;s doing is wrong after making ichika fall for him? i honestly thought what a little bitch. you just don't get to play with someone's feelings like that. where was his conscience a few months ago?

did not expect the kiss at all. but well age of consent is 16 in japan and it was mentioned that ichika is at least 17 so i guess all is good on paper at least. still if this was real world ryou would be beaten the fuck up in public for doing what he did but not in japan i guess.

as a fictional story if you ignore the ethical concern one might be able to enjoy this a bit but i think it is very hard to look away from these things. i for one do not believe that ichika actually loves ryo. she's a impressionable kid, had no prior experience with romance. she suddenly met the book-perfect gentleman who knew exactly how to treat and talk to women which meant he had a huge advantage in making a good impression on her. not that the impression was good. it was creepy but somewhere along the way it all became genuine and serious but i still had the concern that ichika is just being forced to be in ryo's company and if someone is together so much with anyone, talking daily, being shown affection etc. it is literally impossible to not develop some kinds of feelingd for them and in this case we are talking about a otome bruh, the easiest of targets.

i don't know what to make of the last line of i'll wait till she becomes adult. didn't think of this while kissing her huh? pointless to be honest. i feel bad for ichika, she never got a real chance at exploring romance. what she had with taru was something. had ryo not been there taru and ichika would definitely at least try dating for a bit.

the most surprising bit in this whole anime was how no one acted taken aback or surprised when ryo (at least a 25 year old) told them he had a crush on a high school girl. try saying this irl and see how your balls are crushed and handed back to you.

well this is fiction i won't try to take this too seriously. we we look at it as a strictly fiction without bringing any ethics into it then yes this was quite a decent love story. friends giving the needed push, the uncertainity, some fun moments, the way ichika slowly started liking ryo (read getting used to his presence and attention so much that it has become second nature to her and its absence makes her incredibly uncomfortable). well if both of them are happy at the end then all good. at least we got a happy ending.

6.5/10 but i'll round it off to 7. i wonder if it continues in manga. any guesses how long ryo waits after ichika turns 18 to give her the d? i think not even one day.

yeah also banger ending song.
TsutanaiFuunMay 25, 5:21 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2021

59 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2021

70 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

72 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Clas1ck - Mar 29, 2021

275 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 24, 10:11 PM

» I love Rio! Who's with me?

mufarari - Feb 15

4 by TrayC-3PO »»
Feb 16, 6:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.