Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 3, 2021 12:31 AM
Jan 2021
SeasideLua said:
(I will copy and paste what I posted in another thread)

Seems like the anime will be 12 + 1 episodes assuming that Aniplex isn't swindling people. In this tweet is says that the BD releases will not include the 8th episode.

https://twitter.com/aniplex_plus/status/1366796505248452608

It seems like the news on this being an unplanned recap is true and the show is suffering from production issues.

(So yes, the mods should change the episode count to 13).

Ahh, it's actually talking about 'the scripts' gift, they want to give any copies of scripts from every broadcast episodes (except the 8th episode, because it has not any dialogues), not about how many episodes on Wonder Egg Priority itself.
Mar 3, 2021 12:52 AM
Jun 2020
Boooo
Disappointed by this skippable episode: a sort of defense for this is that the narration of acca and ura-acca explained nuances and ideas as cemented truths within the stories such as: egg girls did kill themselves
Wonder killers are tied to how the egg girls committed suicide... this show presents those ideas cryptically but c’mon now, everyone watching figured out that stuff already. It’s not worth having a recap episode for any reason. Makes this great series drop a rating, I’m just hoping the next episode is the best one to make up for this wasted episode
Mar 3, 2021 1:48 AM

Apr 2020
Recap was worth watching, might be a build up to something big in ep 9 onwards. Also there’s stuff you just understand more after watching the recap
Mar 3, 2021 3:21 AM

Dec 2015
Stuffed-goat said:
This is kinda disappointing, the recap was good and we learned minor stuff but I feel like this show is straying away from what I initially found interesting about it. I wanna learn more about the suicide girls and I wonder how they're gonna do that in the next 4 episodes considering there are 4 girls and apparently the Accas will be sharing info about themselves next episode. This show seems like it has lots of potential that's not being used.

i saw through this 'ensemble cast' weeks ago. Wednesday Feb 17th i commented on ep5 WEP's Disqus page for KissAnime: "i figured it would happen. once the writer got the quartet together it'd be all about 'the group dynamic' and not about the fights anymore. the hangouts, the home visits, the secret sharing, the fights, the makeups all that stuff. i'll probably be wrong about this but the screen-time for the 'dream egg fights' has SIGNIFICANTLY gone down in-between ep3, 4, and 5 right? i bet the fight scenes in ep6 will be even shorter."

and i was right. because guess what, if you've watched a CloverWorks show before... and it STARTED with Premise 1 bla bla bla bang zoom pow flash and scatter! to get you hooked then suddenly, they pull a 180 with an 'ensemble cast assemble!' and it is ALL bout the folks in the group annnd you're stuck with the rest of the show concentrating on Premise 2 and barely giving any screentime to Premise1.

and to the subject of a recap. production issues. my ass. they're bullshitting if they think we believe that YET AGAIN! i've been watching anime since 1990, before file sharing on the internet, before smart phones and tablets, before fanslations ever happened...

'production issues' is anime studio code words, double-speak, bullshittery to cover their asses. somebody. somewheres. fucked up.

'overseas production issues' Marchen Madchen anybody? remember that show? sucked so hard the STUDIO got sued by the TV networks in Japan because: ZERO episodes were delivered on time, quality was so sub-par it violated the contracts for the networks' time/effort/and Yen, it FINALLY got yanked from the networks before the final 3 episodes were aired. all this AFTER a significant hiatus so 'episodes could be re-worked to our studio's standards'...

remember the FIRST time Azur Lane showed up on TV? then suddenly, YANK! it's gone because the studio wanted to 'do it all over again, but better!' i saw the new episodes, there wasn't ANY difference. and i was running it through an HD laptop through HDMI cable into my HD flat screen LED TV with a 49" (diagonal) screen. i can damn near count the spots on a Discovery Channel video of a frog.

CloverWorks is a well established, well funded, and experienced studio. normal anime productions are 2-3 YEARS long. if they're 'cranking out episodes of WEP TODAY!?'

i don't believe it. this is NOT Pierrot and BlackClover. this is NOT a 170 episode long weekly continuous (with hiatus here and there) shonen show. this is a one off, one shot, do it all right the first time and we're done, production.
KiliianSleipnirMar 3, 2021 3:40 AM
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Mar 3, 2021 3:39 AM

Mar 2015
KiliianSleipnir said:
Stuffed-goat said:
This is kinda disappointing, the recap was good and we learned minor stuff but I feel like this show is straying away from what I initially found interesting about it. I wanna learn more about the suicide girls and I wonder how they're gonna do that in the next 4 episodes considering there are 4 girls and apparently the Accas will be sharing info about themselves next episode. This show seems like it has lots of potential that's not being used.

i saw through this 'ensemble cast' weeks ago. Wednesday Feb 17th i commented on ep5 WEP's Disqus page for KissAnime: "i figured it would happen. once the writer got the quartet together it'd be all about 'the group dynamic' and not about the fights anymore. the hangouts, the home visits, the secret sharing, the fights, the makeups all that stuff. i'll probably be wrong about this but the screen-time for the 'dream egg fights' has SIGNIFICANTLY gone down in-between ep3, 4, and 5 right? i bet the fight scenes in ep6 will be even shorter."

and i was right. because guess what, if you've watched a CloverWorks show before... and it STARTED with Premise 1 bla bla bla bang zoom pow flash and scatter! to get you hooked then suddenly, they pull a 180 with an 'ensemble cast assemble!' and it is ALL bout the folks in the group annnd you're stuck with the rest of the show concentrating on Premise 2 and barely giving any screentime to Premise1.
I have had exactly the same thoughts as the show progressed. With each episode I felt there was less and less of what drew me in initially. I still hope they'll provide some sort of satisfying conclusion and not end with a cliffhanger ending without answering any questions, but that would probably require all the remaining episodes which I don't think will happen.
Mar 3, 2021 4:07 AM

Jun 2016
yoo wtf this episode !!
they should make this as recap or 7.5 !!!

fk this shit
Mar 3, 2021 4:36 AM
Feb 2021
I usually really dislike recap episodes, but I’m glad this show has one. It’s a little complicated obviously, so it’s nice having a refresher on all the characters motives.
Mar 3, 2021 4:36 AM
Nov 2019
Recap was OK as recaps go - not ideal, but reading twitter etc its was understandable why they produced it.

Don't forget there's still Covid out there and Japan has only just lifted restrictions in some prefectures which can't help.

Seems everyone is quick to forget the train-crash schedules for most Anime last year and that there is a very small team working on WEP.

My only hope is they keep the same quality for the remaining episodes as they had for episodes 1-7 and land the ending well - to F**k it up at this point would be a disaster.

We don't want another TPN this season....

If the viewing figures are good and it gets good ratings with it being Anime original could they go for a second cour or some OVA's (ideally one per protagonist) to finish it off properly.
penrhosMar 3, 2021 4:40 AM
Mar 3, 2021 4:38 AM
Feb 2021
this anime should be in mainstream
Mar 3, 2021 4:49 AM

Nov 2019
Can't wait for people to start watching this show once it finishes airing.
It makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes because it deals with subjects that aren't often talked about but are really important.
To be very honest, I think this is a great show but I'm just not enjoying it as much because of how different each episode can feel.
Today's episode was a simple recap but I wonder how they will conclude the show with just a few Eps to go.
Mar 3, 2021 5:20 AM
Dec 2017
Honestly, for the really good quality of the last 7 episodes, I'm not even mad that it was a recap. I literally just binged the previous eps because I dodn't have time to start watching anything when this season started, so the recap was not necessary for me, but I can see how it could refresh people who've been watching this for 2 months now.
Mar 3, 2021 5:40 AM
Apr 2019
Hey guys, please STFU. It was obvious beforehand that episode 8 will be a recap episode and they did quite well for that. Now if you want to know why there's a recap episode in a 12 episode anime, that's also obvious.They had some production issues.
If you're still angry, go watch Ex-Arm.
Mar 3, 2021 5:51 AM

Apr 2015
As long as the show maintains its quality, I don't have issues with recaps.

But I wish studios wouldn't take on more work than they can do. I hope CloverWorks learns from this season and doesn't try to animate 3 different anime in one season.
Mar 3, 2021 7:39 AM

Oct 2016
That was actually a really good recap episode and also helped clear up some things. Like we knew all of those already, but it's nice to have a definite statement about those things. Thanks, Acca and Ura-Acca.

I hope they can fix their productions or scheduling issues, I understand times are tough right now but hopefully this recap episode can give them the time they need.
Mar 3, 2021 7:45 AM

Jun 2019
NachoCheese0531 said:
Blue_Maroon said:
A fucking recap episode that also doubles as explaining pretty much all of the interpretive elements so far. There are no excuses for this and it will definitely impact how I rate this in the end.
lmao ok. Think of it like u watching an already completed anime. U aren't gonna watch the recap.

It affects my rating of the show though because it is an actual episode. The same goes for filler episodes. If they are packaged as part of the anime I have to account for them.

Some people may chose to disregard recaps and fillers into their rating of an anime, but I feel that doing so doesn’t give credit to the anime that have none of these episodes.
Mar 3, 2021 7:48 AM

Jun 2019
YoshiYogurt said:
Blue_Maroon said:
A fucking recap episode that also doubles as explaining pretty much all of the interpretive elements so far. There are no excuses for this and it will definitely impact how I rate this in the end.

You are a moron or a troll. Nobody is forcing you to watch a recap and you can wait another week for the next episode.

Read my reply to the post above this response. If I want torate an anime I have to everything packaged in it. Since this is an actual episode, I need to watch it to account for it in my rating.
Mar 3, 2021 8:20 AM

Oct 2020
ehh if they were having production issues I think a short hiatus/break would've been better than making a whole episode a recap. The recap was fine but It felt pointless to watch since it explained things that we already learned
Mar 3, 2021 8:24 AM

Oct 2020
Azyeu said:
ehh if they were having production issues I think a short hiatus/break would've been better than making a whole episode a recap. The recap was fine but It felt pointless to watch since it explained things that we already learned
Also the anime is 12 episodes short, with this episode being turned into a recap there will be less to watch and enjoy. not really complaining or anything, the recap was alright but I'm a bit saddened and disappointed that they did this. Hopefully the later episodes don't reduce in quality.
Mar 3, 2021 8:41 AM
Sep 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
NachoCheese0531 said:
lmao ok. Think of it like u watching an already completed anime. U aren't gonna watch the recap.

It affects my rating of the show though because it is an actual episode. The same goes for filler episodes. If they are packaged as part of the anime I have to account for them.

Some people may chose to disregard recaps and fillers into their rating of an anime, but I feel that doing so doesn’t give credit to the anime that have none of these episodes.
Dude if u check, some sites arent streaming the episode since it a recap. Japan is like the USA where you have to air the show during ur timeslot to air it. This episode wasn't planned for and most likely wont count towards the planned 12 episodes.
Mar 3, 2021 8:59 AM

Jun 2019
NachoCheese0531 said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Dude if u check, some sites arent streaming the episode since it a recap. Japan is like the USA where you have to air the show during ur timeslot to air it. This episode wasn't planned for and most likely wont count towards the planned 12 episodes.

If that ends up being the case and this turns into a special then I will disregard this episode. However, that has yet to be the case.

Also, since this anime was scheduled for 12 episodes, they may not be able to extend it to 13 episodes because a different anime may have the timeslot the week after the 12th episode airs. This would mean that it would have to be released as an OVA, be aired in some other timeslot that may be available, or rush the story to finish in the original 12 episodes.

Until we know for sure what is going on, I have no choice but to treat this episode as a part of the anime that must factor into its rating.
Mar 3, 2021 9:08 AM

Jan 2015
Blue_Maroon said:
NachoCheese0531 said:

If that ends up being the case and this turns into a special then I will disregard this episode. However, that has yet to be the case.

Also, since this anime was scheduled for 12 episodes, they may not be able to extend it to 13 episodes because a different anime may have the timeslot the week after the 12th episode airs. This would mean that it would have to be released as an OVA, be aired in some other timeslot that may be available, or rush the story to finish in the original 12 episodes.

Until we know for sure what is going on, I have no choice but to treat this episode as a part of the anime that must factor into its rating.

We already know what is going on and we know this was an unplanned episode (not to mention the director first announced it as 7.5). There will a 13th week for this anime and It will probably a madoka/god eater/kekkai sensen case. You do you I guess, but at least do some research.

Any person who treats this as an actual episode was just looking a reason to hate on this show, period
Mar 3, 2021 9:12 AM
Mar 2021
Yeah I know you all got disappointed because of recap episode, but is there anyone noticed that in this episode, they swapped the ED and OP. I wonder this tells us something important about the story
Mar 3, 2021 10:03 AM

Jun 2019
Xenocrisi said:
Blue_Maroon said:

We already know what is going on and we know this was an unplanned episode (not to mention the director first announced it as 7.5). There will a 13th week for this anime and It will probably a madoka/god eater/kekkai sensen case. You do you I guess, but at least do some research.

Any person who treats this as an actual episode was just looking a reason to hate on this show, period

Well then it would be great if MAL would update their shit and either make this anime 13 episodes or change this to 7.5. I won’t count this episode if what you say is true.
Mar 3, 2021 10:18 AM
Jul 2015
Blue_Maroon said:
YoshiYogurt said:

You are a moron or a troll. Nobody is forcing you to watch a recap and you can wait another week for the next episode.

Read my reply to the post above this response. If I want torate an anime I have to everything packaged in it. Since this is an actual episode, I need to watch it to account for it in my rating.

That's stupid AF. ust rate the show for what it is, not based on whether it has a recap episode. Only werido MAL trolls do this mental gymnastics shit.
Mar 3, 2021 10:59 AM

Jun 2019
YoshiYogurt said:
Blue_Maroon said:

That's stupid AF. ust rate the show for what it is, not based on whether it has a recap episode. Only werido MAL trolls do this mental gymnastics shit.

What are you talking about. If the recap episode is included in the episodes of the season then it impacts the rating. I am not saying specials like The Promised Neverland Season 2’s episode 5.5 are included, but if a recap is a part of the main series then it is included in the rating.

It is similar to some shounen anime that spend the first 3 minutes of every episode doing recap. That gets included in a rating because it is part of the show. Why should I overlook that and just focus on the canon, non-recap material when there are other series that don’t do that method?

Again, if this episode ends up being a special, like with The Promised Neverland Season 2, then I won’t count it. But if it remains an actual episode, then how can I not fault a series where 1/12th of its runtime is recap?
Mar 3, 2021 11:14 AM

Apr 2018
Haven't heard about this epi possibly being a recap so that took me a bit by surprise, but I'll be honest, it really doesn't take a genius to figure out that this was probably a scheduling issue, especially with nearly feature film level production value that the show's had so far. Sad to read that I was right on that front, but ngl, I'd happily wait an entire season if it meant the staff gets just one day of rest out of it.

On the other hand, i'm watching this with my qpp who was actually pretty happy about the recap episode, so hey, at least some people got something out of it.
Mar 3, 2021 11:17 AM
Apr 2017
Antagonized said:
Mirod_the_best said:
Who does recap episodes in this day and age? What purpose do they serve? If people are watching episodes every week, they probably don't need it (a week is not that long of a time span). If people are binging the series after it finished, the recap episode is even more useless. Just, who are recap episodes for?

So you only care for the viewers and not for the creators who worked 20 hours a day for it?

Of course. It is their job to do it. No matter how much or little they get paid, and how much they overwork themselves, they chose that job. I see anime how I see any product like software, video games, movies, tech. The audience/user is the only thing that matters. The process behind is just someone's daily job. (It's not like this anime is a passion project done by 4 guys in a basement. It is just another product of a company and its employees.)
Mar 3, 2021 11:23 AM

Apr 2018
Mirod_the_best said:
Antagonized said:

So you only care for the viewers and not for the creators who worked 20 hours a day for it?

Of course. It is their job to do it. No matter how much or little they get paid, and how much they overwork themselves, they chose that job. I see anime how I see any product like software, video games, movies, tech. The audience/user is the only thing that matters. The process behind is just someone's daily job. (It's not like this anime is a passion project done by 4 guys in a basement. It is just another product of a company and its employees.)

You do realise you sound like a disney villain, right? You literally sound like Scrooge or something.
Mar 3, 2021 12:17 PM

Jan 2018
That's a whole lot of nothing, what a waste.
Mar 3, 2021 5:01 PM

Dec 2015
I never watch recap episodes like X.5 but this was episode 8 and I thought it was an actual new episode but no it was a recap, I'm triggered.
>_<
Mar 3, 2021 7:14 PM
Sep 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
Xenocrisi said:

Well then it would be great if MAL would update their shit and either make this anime 13 episodes or change this to 7.5. I won’t count this episode if what you say is true.
I can ask one of my friends then ig. Hes one of the news mods on MAL so I could get him to ask the mods that run this part of mal.
Mar 3, 2021 7:35 PM
Apr 2020
finally an explanation of the setting and a "further" case study of the girls

also, it'S HAPPENING

edit: I really wouldn't consider this a summary lmoa, it's more of a case study type
_tryptoMar 3, 2021 7:39 PM
Mar 3, 2021 9:22 PM

Apr 2014
If they were gonna have a type of "filler episode," I wish that they would have gotten a bit more creative.

If this was to save on production costs/time, it would have been cool to see a stylized, almost slide-show-esque episode centering on smaller interactions between each of the characters. At least then it would have been entertaining and given the viewers new insight into each of the characters...maybe the creators didn't have the foresight for that kind of thing.

What we got just felt like wasted potential. Really unfortunate and puts a huge wrench in the overall pacing of the series. Hoping the last 4 episodes will pick up the slack cuz I love this show and want it to stick the landing so bad!
Mar 4, 2021 1:53 AM
Dec 2018
Just a recap i never asked for tsk

Skipped through most of it.
Though one thing, did anyone notice how towards the end ai says "if i save a bunch of people koito would come to life" no one really gave her a confirmation and she just assumed it so now i am doubting the whole thing o.o
Mar 4, 2021 4:44 AM

Dec 2019
well, since this is a recap i guess i'll ask here. do we know what happened when aoi was recording koito through the locker? i'm a little confused on what's happening.
Mar 4, 2021 6:09 AM
May 2017
is this anime doing meta shit??
did the narrator just say they explained it to us?
did they just acknowledge that they is anime?

am i overthinking?
probably.
but if next episode doing 4th wall break shit i convinced this is not for kid - type

so far tho, it can be for kid imo
Mar 4, 2021 6:42 AM

Apr 2014
crybabymae said:
well, since this is a recap i guess i'll ask here. do we know what happened when aoi was recording koito through the locker? i'm a little confused on what's happening.

Pretty sure that Koito asked Ai to record her bullies in the act. But Ai got scared and didn't get good footage.
Mar 4, 2021 6:43 AM

Dec 2019
faeryghost said:
crybabymae said:

Pretty sure that Koito asked Ai to record her bullies in the act. But Ai got scared and didn't get good footage.

okay.. i thought it was something else since she was buttoning up her shirt? hmm. thanks for answering:)
Mar 4, 2021 6:46 AM

Apr 2014
crybabymae said:
faeryghost said:

okay.. i thought it was something else since she was buttoning up her shirt? hmm. thanks for answering:)

No problem! And yeah I'm pretty sure they were sexually harassing her, making Koito strip in front of them. At least, that's the only explanation I can think of for her buttoning up her shirt...but maybe I'm off the mark here!
Mar 4, 2021 10:37 AM
Dec 2020
I found this episode kind of boring. I don’t exactly need a recap as most people who watch this anime would watch it from the start (if you don’t do that then what is wrong with you).
Mar 4, 2021 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
I actually kind of needed this eps, and didn't mind watching it.

Wish they had a manga
Mar 4, 2021 10:50 AM

Dec 2019
faeryghost said:
crybabymae said:

No problem! And yeah I'm pretty sure they were sexually harassing her, making Koito strip in front of them. At least, that's the only explanation I can think of for her buttoning up her shirt...but maybe I'm off the mark here!

okay, i was super off & i thought it was sexual stuff with the teacher.. :\ just thought i'd share that incase you were wondering.
Mar 4, 2021 10:53 AM
Dec 2020
Setting aside the recap element of this episode (which was somewhat welcome actually, considering the complicated nature of the show) can we just take a second and appreciate the soundtrack?

Hearing those amazing songs back-to-back was a joy in and of itself. I could watch this recap blindfolded and still find it enjoyable to listen to.
Mar 4, 2021 2:32 PM

Oct 2019
a recap ep.. useful for those who need it ig but I found it unecessary. unless it's intentional seems like they ran out of content to fill all the episodes

anyways, this ep made me think more about how the character archetypes here align vaguely well with rwby's but that's probably just because the four protags have your generic sort of mc personalities in the first place.
Mar 4, 2021 7:36 PM

Oct 2018
Sadddddd, this episode was a recap. Strange that it is still considered as normal which is a waste of one episode, I guess. But still it's worth it to summarise the events from the first 7 episodes.
Forum set made by Nate
Mar 5, 2021 2:57 AM
Jul 2018
recap episode good part of that and that some people remembered some forgotten events.
Mar 5, 2021 12:47 PM

Sep 2020
Wish this episode they would've just told us about themselves (the narrators or whatever they're called lol) like they said they'll do in the next episode instead of a recap episode imo.
Mar 5, 2021 12:48 PM

Sep 2020
Ultrabook said:
a recap ep.. useful for those who need it ig but I found it unecessary. unless it's intentional seems like they ran out of content to fill all the episodes

anyways, this ep made me think more about how the character archetypes here align vaguely well with rwby's but that's probably just because the four protags have your generic sort of mc personalities in the first place.

I didn't even realize how close they are to RWBY lmao. They've got the special weapons and everything.
Mar 5, 2021 8:26 PM

Oct 2008
didn't expect they did a recap...is the studio also have prod problems as well???
1/5.

Mar 6, 2021 1:26 AM

Aug 2015
Did they really just waste an entire episode of a 12 ep anime for a recap after 7 eps? You cant do that man..
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 19, 2021

212 by RobinEatsJuice »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aikotoba - Jan 12, 2021

433 by RobinEatsJuice »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

412 by thatgirluwu »»
May 30, 4:40 PM

» 2nd season ?

Aritra_Choudhuri - May 11, 2022

23 by Kizuki01 »»
May 20, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 23, 2021

302 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 10:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.