Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 19, 2021 4:31 PM
Mar 2015
Goujuo would make a good coat rack
Feb 19, 2021 4:38 PM

Jan 2018
ProofByColor said:
If there is one thing is series has done an absolutely awful job of, it's making me feel like the power levels and scaling mean anything at all. Special grade? Meaningless.

Yeah it's not like 6 people weren't able to beat it, Special grade ? Yeah yeah meaningless

It's not like 4 of these 6 were injured by it, special grade? yeah still meaningless
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Feb 19, 2021 4:40 PM

Sep 2017
SomethinRandumb said:
ProofByColor said:
That was fine I guess. Lots of standing around and talking why the enemy watches. Pretty annoying how it's a "special grade" yet they are treating it like some test for Yuuji to try black flash. If there is one thing is series has done an absolutely awful job of, it's making me feel like the power levels and scaling mean anything at all. Special grade? Meaningless.

In it's defense, it's shown clearly through a flashback that this special grade hasn't reached it's full potential, it only just learned how to truly enjoy battle. Todou could be strong enough to recognize that as well. It all makes sense in the end, so far.

Not my point in the slightest. The amount of time the show has thrown special grade at us and how frivolous a lot of the characters have been when encountering them just make it meaningless. The scale is basically "special grade" and things that literally couldn't matter in the slightest as far as I'm concerned.
Feb 19, 2021 4:42 PM

Sep 2017
MappaPrefersJJK said:
ProofByColor said:
If there is one thing is series has done an absolutely awful job of, it's making me feel like the power levels and scaling mean anything at all. Special grade? Meaningless.

Yeah it's not like 6 people weren't able to beat it, Special grade ? Yeah yeah meaningless

It's not like 4 of these 6 were injured by it, special grade? yeah still meaningless

Oof. The turn around for getting shit on for having a slightly negative take on a popular shounen is something else.
Feb 19, 2021 4:45 PM

Jan 2018
ProofByColor said:
MappaPrefersJJK said:

Oof. The turn around for getting shit on for having a slightly negative take on a popular shounen is something else.

Oh no! I'm so sorry
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Feb 19, 2021 4:57 PM
Mar 2018
ProofByColor said:
That was fine I guess. Lots of standing around and talking why the enemy watches. Pretty annoying how it's a "special grade" yet they are treating it like some test for Yuuji to try black flash. If there is one thing is series has done an absolutely awful job of, it's making me feel like the power levels and scaling mean anything at all. Special grade? Meaningless.

I'm sorry man but that is just bs, you clearly don't understand the show. Try and watch episodes at least 2 times maybe you will get it. You talking about standing and talking in this fight, Hanami literally said she can't be careless around Toudo that's why she doesn't really go crazy right out the gate and takes it slow, she feels Toudo is very strong.
Feb 19, 2021 5:06 PM

Dec 2020
ProofByColor said:

To be fair the term "special grade" is purposefully over encompassing.
The Cursed Womb from episode 4 was Special grade and 2 finger Sukuna who wrecked him was Special grade.
20 finger Sukuna will be the same.
Gojo said it himself in episode 8 that the new generation(Todo and Yuji) won't be limited to special grade. They'll go beyond.
Feb 19, 2021 5:24 PM

Jul 2017
This episode...IT'S PURE FIRE, right on top and par with Kimetsu no Yaiba's Episode 19 on all fronts.

The Tokyo and Kyoto school have merged against Mahito and his cursed spirits, especially Hanami whose powers are insane, with Megumi and Maki having a hard time fighting...and it's off to BESTO FRIENDOS Yuuji and Toudou to deal with it!

No wonder the OP has literally sprinkled and saved the best scenes for Yuuji and Toudou's Black Flash against Hanami. Toudou with the face-slapping motivation, as funny as that looks, it serves a purpose for the bond between best friends.

The choreographical action animation work was GODLIKE, I'm senselessly drooling from all that sakuga.

Expecting a lot out of the Best Friends Brothers fight!

The Juju Stroll of dissecting Gojou-sensei if he was a hanger coat rack....what taste though.
Feb 19, 2021 5:44 PM

Feb 2014
Todou and Itadori bromance is stronk. And their ENGRISH is STONKS.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 19, 2021 5:54 PM

Mar 2019
I just had to comment how amazing the animation has been on this show. MAPPA are doing such incredible work and this show is just incredible to watch and enjoy.
Feb 19, 2021 6:00 PM
Oct 2019
holy shit that was godly animation gotta look forward next episode
Feb 19, 2021 6:01 PM

Jun 2014
Itadori and Toudou's bromance is so wholesome and fun to watch lol.

Hype fights this week, and it looks like that will only continue heading into the next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 19, 2021 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
Quite tasty animation and the team-chemistry between Itadori and Toudou is simply amazing, especially the way they kicked each other away mid-air which even shocked Hanami.
Feb 19, 2021 6:20 PM
Jan 2020
IDK what's about episodes #19 that always becomes a visual delight, the animation, the fight, the feelings that this episode transmits are out of this world.
A great coincidence that just when this episode came out JJK was named anime of the year, totally deserved.
Feb 19, 2021 6:20 PM
Aug 2012
why ranking is 8.53???anime is amazingggg,,i m very saddddd
Feb 19, 2021 6:59 PM

Aug 2020
Wow, Itadori and Toudou vs Hanami is definitely top 3 parts of this anime, extremely beautiful animation and choreography.

that teamwork between Maki and Megumi was definitely a sight to behold aswell, they probably have previous experience working together if they're that well synchronized!

Overall another beautiful, enjoyable episode.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Feb 19, 2021 7:01 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Despite being excellently animated, there's just something about this show that feels off. I guess the best way I can describe it is that it feels very uncompelling.

Usually episodes like these can get you really amped up and excited, but I find myself feeling very lethargic about the whole thing.
Feb 19, 2021 7:19 PM

Jan 2011
whats with all these shounens always having wild 19th episodes no adays lol,with however with how overstated people say that "episode felt like 5 mins" it really did due to how action focused this was.

super bummed Fushiguro had to stop due to the curse in him and we gotta let the MC come take the usual spot light at least best friendo is also tag teaming with him
Feb 19, 2021 7:22 PM

Dec 2013
Itadori and Todou fighting together was one of the coolest things I have seen in a while. I love how they dodged Hanami's attack while they were still in mid air.
Feb 19, 2021 7:57 PM

Jan 2013
What an incredible episode! Jujutsu strikes again!
I've never felt this satisfied as i got in this episode when Yuuji and Toudou arrived, and their whole bromance is just insanely crazily good xD That ending and preview definitely hyped me even more for the next episode! Go go brother squad ahah

On the other hand, Maki and Megumi fought well but didn't stand a chance.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 19, 2021 8:14 PM

Jul 2014
Uhh am I the only one getting kind of bored? I get that the animation is good but the plot is SO generic. I don't understand the hype lol
Feb 19, 2021 8:18 PM
Nov 2019
They really went all out with the animation on this episode, and its fantastic.
Feb 19, 2021 8:21 PM

Nov 2014
deg said:
great sakuga episode that was again

lots of Itano Circus like sakuga in the end too

i guess Yuji will be the first sorcerer to master Black Flash

they will say it next episode but there are people who can consistently use black flash (they will mention someone by name next episode if i remembered correctly)
Feb 19, 2021 8:25 PM

Jan 2020
The amount of hype I got from this episode is insane. Easily a 10/10 episode.

The animation was breathtaking for the whole entire episode and the soundtracks were very good. I liked that small flashback with Mahito and Hanami cause I thought it added more towards Hanami instead of just being a forgettable antagonist.

I loved it. What an amazing episode and one of the best looking ones I've seen in a while.

Feb 19, 2021 8:36 PM

Dec 2018
Great episode! Maki and Megumi, Toudo and Itadori, these four got great teamwork. Megumi almost using that weird technique of his again...

Feb 19, 2021 8:38 PM
Dec 2020
This episode was crazy good....
Feb 19, 2021 8:44 PM

Oct 2012
demon slayer episode 19 , AOTY

Jujutsu kaisen episode 19, AOTY.

anyone seeing the pattern now? get that episode 19 right!
My biggest regret is using my real name as my user name.

The continuous pursuit of finding that genuine thing.
Feb 19, 2021 8:49 PM

Jul 2016
As expected, animation and choreography during the fights were fantastic. Only wish there weren't so many jarring pauses between each exchange of blows. Hanami being like "I hate humans because they destroy nature but I will kindly wait for these kids to stop talking so we can fight."

By the way, I wonder when Megumi will stop being a punching bag. Well, at least his synchronization with Maki during their fight was pretty cool to see.
Feb 19, 2021 8:51 PM
Feb 2021
Finally a good ep from this arc
Feb 19, 2021 9:02 PM

Jul 2013
LOVE the animation this episode, it's amazing, i loved the blast away, the maki/megumi tag team, itadori's triple kick and black flash, followed by that amazing sequence for hanami vs itadori/todou!

hope the animation keeps being great next episode

one thing i didn't like that much from this episode though is that there are times when i feel like the characters should be moving around, not just standing there...
Feb 19, 2021 9:04 PM
Feb 2021
I just wish that the episodes were longer, the fight was amazing and it left off right as it got even better than I expected.
Feb 19, 2021 9:10 PM
Aug 2020
SmilingBeginner said:
It was worth noting that lots of freelance animators that were responsible for Black Clover's top-notch episodes have contributed to this episode's production, and man, it sent my already sky-high expectations to the stratosphere!!!

BLACK FLASH IS HERE BABY AND IT IS GORGEOUS!!!

Call me crazy, but for me this episode is on par with Demon Slayer's episode 19, in terms of animation, story, pacing and music-wise.

Well in my opinion Demon slayers episode 19 is something that we have never seen before, not only in terms of visual and sound but also the emotions that played out in that episode.
I do liked the Jujutsu kaisen episode and it was nuce animation, but u didn't feel as much emotional stakes in this episode (thats subjective ofcourse). And about music it was okayish but Demon slayer had the epic music selection and transitions along with music it was near perfection.
Feb 19, 2021 9:17 PM
Aug 2020
ichainsaw said:
Uhh am I the only one getting kind of bored? I get that the animation is good but the plot is SO generic. I don't understand the hype lol

I didnt knew someone share my feelings. Everyone is so much hyped giving it 10/10 or comparing it with Demon slayer ep 19 which only has similarity in terms of no.
Jujutsu kaisen was surprise hit for me as I didn't even knew it existed before it aired and i was full onboard but this student exchange is something i was bored right when they mentioned its going to happen. Its same as chunin exam of naruto exactly following same tropes. But here i don't feel any emotional stakes its just some dude fighting and i dont expect any long lasting consequences after this arc is over. Its just character introduction arc thats what we have been seeing past these weeks.
Though animation was very good and i praise the studio but plot wise its okay. I will survive and hope to see it evolve something interesting for change.
Feb 19, 2021 9:22 PM
Aug 2020
Todd_ said:
Despite being excellently animated, there's just something about this show that feels off. I guess the best way I can describe it is that it feels very uncompelling.

Usually episodes like these can get you really amped up and excited, but I find myself feeling very lethargic about the whole thing.

Its because lack of emotional weight or urgency.
This arc has mainly been about character introduction, for both sorcerer and now curses.
Its not the fight that will have permanent consequences thats how i feel. I am anime only so can only go by what information was shown in anime.
Feb 19, 2021 10:12 PM

Aug 2014
that episode was amazing!! the animation was dope and the chemistry between itadori and todou is sick as hell
Feb 19, 2021 10:26 PM

Aug 2019
crazy episode all round, saw some sick duos fight it out with Hinami who seems like an even stronger foe than i originally thought. Lots of new moves from different people, as well as some absolutely stunning visuals once again.

Saw a lot more of Inumaki's cursed speech ability, which definitely has to be the most interesting one for me. It sounds like an incredibly strong move in certain situations, but also has it's massive drawbacks to the user. Maki and Fushiguro vs Hinami was a great fight to see, they can synergies well with their moves and attacks, Fushiguro shows off a few more moves like combination of his familiars and actually being able to hold an arsenal of weaponry in his shadow. Really interested to know to if there are limits to what/ how much he can store in his shadow, like we talking Matrix weapons room limits or nah? However, even for someone as skilled as Maki, Hinami slapped hard, did both of them pretty dirty especially Fushiguro.

Now, by far my favourite duo, they honestly just did Itadori and Todo good. From their almost unshakable brotherly bond they've seem to of accumulated in no less then hours, to their cracked english, these two swept the episode. Todo being a good friend/ teacher, teaching Itadori how to use Black flash, which all in all was a pretty cool move and interesting concept, was great to see. Then that one what 30 second scene of them duking it out, had such fluid animation that i had to rewatch it to make sure i wasn't tripping.

Super thrilled for next episode, Hinami feels cracked enough, but seems to have found there thrill for the fight. Ngl i verbally screamed when right after Todo said he was gonna release his true technique they went to the ED, feelsbadman.
Feb 19, 2021 10:48 PM

Apr 2020
Toge went hard this episode! Risking his throat and his life.
Maki came to help but it is not enough.

Todo and Yuji are here!
Black Flash!! But still check out the manga panel of Black Flash

I'm not sure which translation you all watched, but this was the viz translation for the little talk between Mahito and Hanami oof, I remembered being baffled reading this, lol

Todo's technique next episode? Well, we have already actually seen it...

The coat rack's pelvis was gigantic XD
--AbiSa--
Feb 19, 2021 10:51 PM
Apr 2014
SouthRzVa said:
Hanami being like "I hate humans because they destroy nature but I will kindly wait for these kids to stop talking so we can fight.".

We should get more context in the next 1-2 episode. Basically he's just tasked to be a distraction, not to kill.

These cursed spirits' objective was hinted in episode 14. They are playing a long con.
Feb 19, 2021 10:54 PM

Apr 2020
SmilingBeginner said:

Call me crazy, but for me this episode is on par with Demon Slayer's episode 19, in terms of animation, story, pacing and music-wise.

I would say the JJK equivalent of DS's ep 19, was episode 13
--AbiSa--
Feb 19, 2021 11:26 PM

Nov 2014
Short_Circut said:
wait wasn't Inumaki's ability downside is that whatever he says gets reflected back to him? so why didn't he also get shot back lol

It doesn't get reflected back to him, he just gets massive feedback when using powerful commands against high grades.

minfairys said:
And also can you believe that itadori and todo went from strangers to best friends to brothers in one day? i laughed out loud when itadori called todo "bestfriend" and then they both called each others brothers xD.

That was hilarious. Toudou is such a bro he made yuji subconsciously accept him as a bro to the point of not even denying the fact that they were on a honeymoon lmao todo's broness is like a drug its effect is so strong u only need one contact to fall victim to it XD
Viz said:
SouthRzVa said:
Hanami being like "I hate humans because they destroy nature but I will kindly wait for these kids to stop talking so we can fight.".

We should get more context in the next 1-2 episode. Basically he's just tasked to be a distraction, not to kill.

These cursed spirits' objective was hinted in episode 14. They are playing a long con.
@SouthRzVa without spoiling u anything, just know that hanami is glad they're talking and wasting time.
Feb 19, 2021 11:34 PM

Jan 2009
ttcchen said:
deg said:
great sakuga episode that was again

lots of Itano Circus like sakuga in the end too

i guess Yuji will be the first sorcerer to master Black Flash

they will say it next episode but there are people who can consistently use black flash (they will mention someone by name next episode if i remembered correctly)

but Yuji i think will be a natural user of Black Flash
Feb 19, 2021 11:47 PM

Nov 2019
"Thank you so much, besto friendo"

This was great episode. Can't wait for next one.
Feb 19, 2021 11:58 PM
Jul 2020
I CANT STOP PRAISING THE ANIMATION EVERY EPISODE MAPPA KILLING IT! GREAT EPISODE SO FAR
Feb 20, 2021 12:07 AM
Apr 2019
The brotherly/besto friendo bond between Todou and Itadori is a thing you could never ask for. Perfectly executed animation, what took my breath away is seeing the Black Flash animated. Sheeesh!
Feb 20, 2021 12:10 AM

Oct 2009
Goddamn MAPPA, every week is a treat!

Man..this was so damn fun to watch! Also probably the best bromance I've seen in a while <3
Feb 20, 2021 12:12 AM
Apr 2020
I’m sorry, but could I ask if Hanami is male, female or otherwise. It would seem the VA is female based on what I’m hearing, so I assumed calling Hanami a he was just a mistranslation due to their character design. Am I wrong?
Feb 20, 2021 12:22 AM
Jan 2020
Another cool and exciting episode. I really like the bromance between toudou and yuuji. The animation was really amazing too.
Feb 20, 2021 12:38 AM

Nov 2014
deg said:
ttcchen said:

but Yuji i think will be a natural user of Black Flash
when did he explain it? Was it the next episode? I forgot.
Lovly9 said:
I’m sorry, but could I ask if Hanami is male, female or otherwise. It would seem the VA is female based on what I’m hearing, so I assumed calling Hanami a he was just a mistranslation due to their character design. Am I wrong?

Hanami is a dude
Feb 20, 2021 12:43 AM

Jan 2009
@ttcchen

its chapter 50 and yes it will be explained in next episode
Feb 20, 2021 12:53 AM

Sep 2020
bro todo and itadory sooo hypppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

649 by escarabajo »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

353 by escarabajo »»
Jun 2, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

_MushiRock11_ - Sep 19, 2020

497 by Genkai »»
Jun 2, 6:19 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2020

278 by escarabajo »»
Jun 2, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

333 by escarabajo »»
Jun 2, 4:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.