Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 22, 2020 7:43 AM
Jul 2013
ZzZ so many clichés.
It would've actually been refreshing if Ruka happened to actually have a legitimate reason to be interested in Kazuya, with a slow building up over time, and then having him be actually interested in her over time and him actually having her as a real girlfriend.
The MC getting his love interest mid-story isn't something we see anywhere, and there is enough drama and content with Chizuru and Mami that the story could still go on even if he happened to be with a girl already, but instead, we obviously get the boob grab, panty shot and instant "fall-in-love" clichés with blackmailing, crying, "feeling sorry for the girl" and the inevitable dump later on in the series... sigh...
Aug 22, 2020 7:49 AM
Feb 2016
i have realized i have a bone to pick with toxic women on this specifically mami and ruka. they piss me off phenomenally. but am i gonna keep watching probably
Aug 22, 2020 8:16 AM
Mar 2020
My man kazuya do be like bros before hoes this episode
Aug 22, 2020 8:25 AM

Jun 2019
Okay, Ruka is cute and all but damn Kazuya and Mizuhara are really in a mess here.
Show's getting better imo.
Aug 22, 2020 10:27 AM
Oct 2019
Looks like this is the start of the Triangle Love
Aug 22, 2020 10:32 AM

Apr 2016
Here comes the 2nd worst girld from the anime. First she broke the client's confidentiality when she reveal the Kuri rented her and then she blackmailed Kazuya to date her. Very annoying and pushy

Aug 22, 2020 10:40 AM

Aug 2018
Mizuhara rejected, Mami obliterated, Sumi not included, long have I waited, best girl Ruka now integrated.

Aug 22, 2020 10:42 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Ruka has become nothing more than a pain is the ass for Kazuya and Chizuru. It turns out that she was another rental girlfriend for Kuri and she told Kazuya about it while Kuri was there. Ruka wants to date Kazuya for herself for different reasons other than her heartbeat.
Aug 22, 2020 10:50 AM

Jul 2017
didn't expect Ruka would make the story and relationship more complicated. especially for Mizu and Kazu its a total mess for them. and I liked it.

So that ED shows Ruka's past which shows that Ruka has some heartbeat issues(?) and by the time she met Kazu her heartbeat went high 'cause excitement for the first time in a while and that's the reason she needs to date Kazu.
Aug 22, 2020 11:20 AM

Feb 2017
ruka is 16 ??? i was gonna vomit when i saw her holding hands with these grown ass men in the ED. and now she's gonna be dating a guy in college??? im disgusted. a 5 year age gap where a minor is dating an adult is disgusting. a 16 year old getting a job as a rental girlfriend is disgusting. jesus christ ruka is literally a child wtf????

placeholder text
Aug 22, 2020 11:24 AM

Aug 2008
OK, now I'm on board with Ruka. Truth be told, I wasn't really on it for blackmailing at first. However, it looks like from the backstory that Ruka has her reasons for behaving the way she's behaving.

Personally, I think Kazuya should put Chizuru on the side for Ruka. I know Kazuya likes Chizuru, but Chizuru has made it very clear that she does not like Kazuya. Kazuya should be going out with someone who does like him to take his mind off girls who are not interested in him.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 22, 2020 11:43 AM

Dec 2009
Ruka is less annoying than Mami, that's good. Still, you go Chizuruuu! You're the best!! Wonder what the 4th girl is like...
Aug 22, 2020 12:14 PM
Feb 2017
Ruka is best girl confirmed. I called it before I event started this show.

It’s honestly funny how this is the show I’m keeping up with the most. I love it.

@Hanamooru If you like Bunny Girl Senpai, check out The Monogatari Series. BGS is kinda an overall worse rip-off Monogatari.
MegaStrideAug 22, 2020 12:25 PM
Aug 22, 2020 12:25 PM

Mar 2019
I dont get it. Get with Ruka and live happily ever after like what other option is there?
Aug 22, 2020 12:28 PM
Feb 2017
amagirinomikoto said:
ruka is 16 ??? i was gonna vomit when i saw her holding hands with these grown ass men in the ED. and now she's gonna be dating a guy in college??? im disgusted. a 5 year age gap where a minor is dating an adult is disgusting. a 16 year old getting a job as a rental girlfriend is disgusting. jesus christ ruka is literally a child wtf????

She’s a hot child at that, wouldn’t you agree?
Aug 22, 2020 1:11 PM

Jan 2016
This series just got so much better without Mami I can't even describe it.
Aug 22, 2020 1:42 PM

Oct 2018
So I'm going to ask this. Who's tiddies are bigger Ruka or Chizuru? Cause Ruka to me looks bigger to me.
Aug 22, 2020 1:49 PM

Jan 2017
Ruka might just be the Bestest Best Girl of all times

That attitude bro, that damn attitude
Aug 22, 2020 1:59 PM

Dec 2013
while it may be just a tactic to put more in the anime (I mean, we ARE getting Umi next episode after all lol) but I really liked the new ending they made for Ruka

it just makes me remember how much I love Ruka, and how she needs someone that really loves her

anyway, at this pace we're gonna get Sumi for epi 9 or 10, and more Mami soon too, so yeah, hype

I was going to give it 3/5, but 4/5 just because of the ending alone
Aug 22, 2020 3:26 PM
Oct 2019
As i suspected, Ruka is a rentable girlfriend. Kazuya and Chizuru face some problems. How the whole episode went was... kinda weird, not bad just weird. I had to pause the episode every 2 minutes to scream internally. Chizuru vs Ruka is on bois :)

F's in the chat for Kuri :(

Haters keep hating, This show is enjoyable.
Life is not daijoubu
Aug 22, 2020 3:28 PM
Sep 2017
I was genuinely laughing at quite a few scenes in this episode! The show no longer feels cringey and is now hilarious because of the bizarre scenes.
Aug 22, 2020 5:38 PM

Mar 2019
Excellent way to cover Ruka's story...

PS: Still waiting for Best Girl.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Aug 22, 2020 6:57 PM
Oct 2018
amagirinomikoto said:

I believe ages work differently in Japan. Kazuya is legally allowed to date Ruka, but not be sexual with her. Though I could be wrong.

Again, ages work differently in different countries, not that I agree with it. Here in the UK, 16 is the age of consent. So at 27, I could technically find some 16yr old. There's a number of reasons, but for one, I wouldn't because of the age gap. Personally I think the age of consent should be when someone is considered an adult, which is usually 18.

But then again, it's anime, Kazuya isn't that much older...plus we all know who Kazuya is going to end up with.
Aug 22, 2020 6:58 PM

Jan 2017
At first sight, I thought Ruka would be the typical Tomboy character, but it is quite the opposite! Soooo sweet, I kinda like her.

Nice episode, the plot is getting intense and here am I waiting for Sumi to appear ;_;

Aug 22, 2020 9:25 PM

Aug 2018
I wasn’t expecting Ruka to be best girl... but damn.... ;_;
Aug 22, 2020 10:20 PM

Aug 2019
Ruka best girl🤡
I don't want to know anything!
Bro she's just so cute. I like that bold attitude of hers, she just has a different vibe to her. I hope they get together
Aug 22, 2020 10:25 PM
Mar 2015
Ruka is a royal pain in the ass
Aug 22, 2020 10:28 PM
Jan 2016
Haha, Kazuya's love life has been turned from darkness into a shining light...suddenly becomes Kirito's harem style, hahaha...What can I say is maybe Kazuya is still can't separates between love and first impression, if the girls is cute doesn't mean you really love her isn't it? And yeah I'm still curious with Ruka's condition, in the ending she met the doctor and maybe something is wrong with her heart, yeah hopefully she isn't overdo it...and the hell in the beginning of the eps they fell from almost 2-3 floor stairs and didn't get hurt or injured at all, wow...
Aug 22, 2020 10:43 PM

Oct 2016
I really enjoyed that episode, Kazuya might be bad at love but he aint bad at being a good person I guess. I honestly like this better than the Mami storyline, that was just kinda annoying but, this I kinda enjoy and Ruka ain't that annoying. And I like how they intergated her backstory to the ed, the song was nice too.
Aug 22, 2020 10:56 PM
Jul 2011
This is just too sad. I mean renting girlfriends is the point of this series, that is the part of the plot. It always have to have meanings in case of this series. It is this kind of series. It just has to.

The grandma issue, it is weird. Considering it is her son or son-in-law was it, was the one who gave Kazuya a big final allowance and the result is just a temporal and disillusioned appeasement on the grandma.

Thinking about it, to me, Kazuya renting a girlfriend isn't big of a deal, all his constant complaints on about his real "girlfriend" left him in the beginning and fantasizing her in a weird way late at night is not exactly good, but not evil either.
His misuse of money is, instead of focusing on paying off his college and living expense, the misuse of parent's allowance money is the only one sin that weigh closest to spending money on drugs and being addicted to it.
At least to me.

I'm using the word "weird" too much here.
Oh, and Kazuya using a smartphone with display dents.
It costed me $60 to fix my LG G3 display from a repair shop last year.
He had money to spent on renting cars, but not on repairing his smartphone display? I not worth the hassle I guess.
rladls717Aug 22, 2020 11:20 PM
Aug 22, 2020 10:59 PM

Oct 2017
Ruka is best girl but we all know MC will simp his way with Chizuru
Aug 23, 2020 12:15 AM

Jan 2016
Ruka went from being cold and glaring at Kazuya to being super clingy to him. Well, isn't that an interesting change in attitude? xD Also, not sure how to feel about Ruka's backstory crammed into the ending...

The plot is just getting crazier each episode :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Aug 23, 2020 12:32 AM
Nov 2019
Isn't ruka still in highschool?
Aug 23, 2020 1:19 AM

Sep 2019
So Roku has some kind of heart disease that's why she's working on a job like this. So what if some 40 year old guy makes her heartbeat higher then 90bpm? Would she go out with him to?

I mean what? Huh! Hmm! Why? How? Who?
Aug 23, 2020 1:20 AM

Jul 2020
Yes great positive episode.
Hopefully with Ruka as a rival, Chizuru will notice her hidden feelings for Kazuya.
I like the character development in this episode.

Also, the ending with Ruka's back-story deserve some credits, I truly hope they'll enlighten us with more info in future episodes.
Aug 23, 2020 1:22 AM

Sep 2019
sKyBlazer08 said:
I really enjoyed that episode, Kazuya might be bad at love but he aint bad at being a good person I guess. I honestly like this better than the Mami storyline, that was just kinda annoying but, this I kinda enjoy and Ruka ain't that annoying. And I like how they intergated her backstory to the ed, the song was nice too.
what the fuck you're talking about! He ain't did shit chizuru is the one who conveyanced him otherwise he wouldn't. That's I can say for sure.
Aug 23, 2020 1:27 AM

Sep 2019
mnArqal93 said:
amagirinomikoto said:

I believe ages work differently in Japan. Kazuya is legally allowed to date Ruka, but not be sexual with her. Though I could be wrong.

Again, ages work differently in different countries, not that I agree with it. Here in the UK, 16 is the age of consent. So at 27, I could technically find some 16yr old. There's a number of reasons, but for one, I wouldn't because of the age gap. Personally I think the age of consent should be when someone is considered an adult, which is usually 18.

But then again, it's anime, Kazuya isn't that much older...plus we all know who Kazuya is going to end up with.
ohh shut the fuck up man age works differently in Japan my ass. You don't have to hide the fact that you also know it ain't right. It's disgusting and we can't change the fact.
Aug 23, 2020 2:20 AM

Jan 2020
Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed an episode of this anime for the first time. Ruka might look annoying for some people, but its impossible for me to hate a character with a complicated past, BUT, I have to recognize that the backstory as a whole wasn't very good.
I understood that the point of her past is to justify her ambitions of finding someone able to make her heart beat faster, up to here it's ok . The problem comes when this plot is used to justify forced development like Ruka falling in deep love with Kazuya because he touched her breasts and realize how much he cares about Chizuru. With this information, Ruka is not supposed to be looking for Kazuya's love but only using him, but apparently she loves him so much that she cried a river, even if she met Kazuya 1 day ago. Another thing that bothers me, what the actual **** with the dumb "Uh look, this girl's heart beats less than the average, she's like a robot. Let's stay away from her because we need to give her a sad backstory somehow"? Forced and unrealistic af, barely no one knows what's the normal heartbeat rate for a human depending of the age, why would they care about it so much? wtf with the "she's like a robot"? It's not like if she's was an otaku or a anything considered "disgusting", even if humans usually avoid and hate what they can't understand, the heartbeats of a person is just to dumb to be used as justification and I don't think someone has ever been socially ignored just because his heartbeats are not normal. .
The rest of the episode was enjoyable, at least for me, but it's not enough to fix the rest of the show.
I guess the mc got a good harem:
- A fake girl that uses him for money and he knows it.
- An ex girlfriend that wants to drive him to depression.
- A girl that uses him to improve her heartbeats.

And the best of all, these girls somehow fell in love with the most pathetic anime character ever because....... it's a harem romantic comedy!
5ReinheitAug 23, 2020 2:39 AM
Aug 23, 2020 3:20 AM

Apr 2014

Oh, so Ruka and I share the same birthday, cool.
Aug 23, 2020 7:09 AM
Oct 2018
Avichii said:
mnArqal93 said:

ohh shut the fuck up man age works differently in Japan my ass. You don't have to hide the fact that you also know it ain't right. It's disgusting and we can't change the fact.

I never said it was right, I wasn't going "oh it's Japan, whatever!". I was just sharing something I knew (whether it is correct or not) so that people understand the age thing with Ruka in Japan. That was all, can people not share information now? I actually said I didn't agree that some countries treat age differently.

I did go "oh it's anime, oh well" because;
1. I know anime exists in it's own reality!!!
2. Kazuya isn't going to do anything to Ruka anyway, he likes Chizuru.
3. He doesn't even want to date Ruka. He only agreed because Ruka is causing them problems, and they don't want to be caught with their lies.
4. So far, the whole Ruka thing seems ridiculous.
mnArqal93Aug 23, 2020 7:13 AM
Aug 23, 2020 10:26 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That was some next level forcefulness out of the gate. Kind of rare to see someone that surely isn't going to be the "end girl" get her time trying to date the MC earlier on. So at least that's a bit original in comparison to the cliché levels that most of this show has to offer

The ED at least explained the logic of why she acted the way she did, though it still doesn't really explain why she'd get so doki doki from the miniscule amount of interaction they had
Aug 23, 2020 10:40 AM

Apr 2018
Ah yes, another waifu to look at. Makes sense from what I gathered why Ruka would be attracted to Kazuya. Ruka vs Chizuhara hmmmm....
Aug 23, 2020 12:09 PM

Aug 2019
Ending sequence was nice
Every girl in this anime so far is best girl
Who would ever turn Ruka chan down?? Get ur shit together Kuzuya (pun intended)
Aug 23, 2020 12:28 PM

Nov 2011
I guess Ruka has some sort of Heart condition judging by that ending. Kazuya is the only one who can make her heart race. Interesting. Wonder what Chizuru will do now. Looking forward to next week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 23, 2020 1:04 PM
Jul 2011
"younger-sister idol girlfriend", ok.
I just don't know, but ok.
Aug 23, 2020 1:45 PM

Apr 2019
Well this is probably the first episode where I can say that I actually enjoyed myself while watching lol. With the past couple of episodes, I think I'm starting to like the series, and I can also say for the first time that I'm really looking forward to the next episode lol.

Also the Ruka ed theme was really good actually. Makes me love her character even more.
Aug 23, 2020 3:55 PM

Apr 2013
So Kazuya is really okay with dating a girl who pretty much stalked and blackmailed him xD
But nobody seems to mind? If it was the opposite way around, the comments would be going ballistic lol
Siegwulf ジークウルフ
Aug 23, 2020 5:18 PM

Aug 2020
Looks like Ruka has some heart problem that... means her heartbeat is always steady? Almost sounds like a good thing lol
Watch Gunsmith Cats!!!!
Aug 24, 2020 1:53 AM

Oct 2007
When a 24min Ep takes me almost an hour to finish.. Entertainment!

~ The over-the-top, ludicrousness romance is both different and ridiculous from the top sequel RomComs airing. Very much enjoyable.

Plus, we still have one more girl to go. The VA's are really selling this and its too good to pass up.

Talentz
Aug 24, 2020 2:10 AM
Apr 2020
So I saw a lot of people on Instagram and Twitter being confused whether if Ruka really loves Kazuya or not. I don't really know if they are paying attention to the details or they skipped the ed so I'm just gonna put my OWN PERSONAL statement here just in case if anyone wants to know.

So from what we saw from the ending, since she was a kid she had this kind of disease that limits her to be more physically active and she shouldn't have these running emotions that could provoke her to have a high beat rate or else she's gonna be in risk of endangering her life.
So she tried various things to get her heart beat as much as possible because she only wanted to become a normal person like the others. So when she heard this love thing she realized that maybe love could struck her heart and finally achieve her long lasting goal and that's the reason why she became a rental girlfriend.
So after she met Kazuya she was so glad that finally he found it. He found someone that could make her heart beat continously and for that reason Ruka truthfully fell in love with Kazuya and she's not willing to let go to waste this oppurtunity. Yes Ruka was selfish just to achieve this goal of hers.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » aside from the mc being unlikeable, what else do people hate about this show?

FruitPunchBaka - May 13

47 by Vampire_Lord »»
May 24, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.