Forums

Your opinion on the legalization of recreational Marijuana

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 7, 2019 3:23 PM

Mar 2018
traed said:
KRKodama said:
I'm completely against it, of course. I'm not insane. Legalization of drugs is a great strategy that corrupt politicians use to make people more stupid and easier to be manipulated.

If that were true they never would have made them illegal to begin with.
There's more profit to be had by keeping it illegal...

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Dec 7, 2019 3:47 PM

Nov 2013
traed said:
KRKodama said:
I'm completely against it, of course. I'm not insane. Legalization of drugs is a great strategy that corrupt politicians use to make people more stupid and easier to be manipulated.

I was referring to the politicians who are corrupt, and not to all of them. There are politicians who are against the legalization, and others who are not.
Luchse said:
traed said:

I agree. There's more profit to be had by keeping it illegal.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Dec 7, 2019 4:04 PM

Mar 2011
KRKodama said:
traed said:

I was referring to the politicians who are corrupt, and not to all of them. There are politicians who are against the legalization, and others who are not.
Luchse said:

More profit for who and how does that small amount of people going for illegal markets even affect a polity?
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Dec 7, 2019 4:47 PM

Nov 2013
Silverstorm said:
KRKodama said:

More profit for who and how does that small amount of people going for illegal markets even affect a polity?

It's more profit for everyone, unless I'm writing improperly and the word "profit" refers only to money, in which case it is more profit for most people, but not a profit for the people who gain money through the stupidity of people.
It is not a small amount of people, and it obviously gets much larger when it's legalized. Like I already wrote, drugs make people more stupid and easier to be manipulated. And there's also the high probability that the politicians who defend the legalization belong to a political party that has connection with a criminal organization that has the monopoly in the drug market. It is the case in my country.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Dec 7, 2019 5:13 PM

Mar 2011
KRKodama said:
Silverstorm said:

It's more profit for everyone, unless I'm writing improperly and the word "profit" refers only to money, in which case it is more profit for most people, but not a profit for the people who gain money through the stupidity of people.
It is not a small amount of people, and it obviously gets much larger when it's legalized. Like I already wrote, drugs make people more stupid and easier to be manipulated. And there's also the high probability that the politicians who defend the legalization belong to a political party that has connection with a criminal organization that has the monopoly in the drug market. It is the case in my country.
Ah, I see your point. Its not the case in my country which is why your post confused me to an extent.
Dec 7, 2019 8:50 PM

Mar 2008
KRKodama said:
traed said:

Luchse said:

Saying legalizing is to make people easier to control is a little off base was my main focus. Technically yes throwing the people something they enjoy now and then helps keep them off your ass but this isn't unique to drugs and doesn't mean every politican for it has a motive of control. Some personally partake in the use or they have a sharehold on a company that would pick it up. Also i can further debunk you. The CIA investigated LSD as a possible drug for helping brainwash people but it was it failed miserably in experiments having opposite of intended effect because it helped people think outside the box and this was just before the big hippie movement which was anti war protesting. LSD was outlawed to try to stop people from questioning the government.
Dec 7, 2019 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
I don't think marijuana should be illegal: however, as somebody who used to be a heavy pot smoker, and knows a lot of heavy pot smokers, addiction itself is a pathetic thing that should never be excused. Wacky backy and grog are fine in moderation, but the moment it interferes with your duties or aspirations - it's a problem.
Dec 8, 2019 5:29 PM

Aug 2018
Deathko said:
foxize said:
@ all the people talking about every drug should be legal, I have to raise the question:
Why?
So many of these drugs have addictive effects and cause harm NOT JUST to yourself but to others.
For some people it may not have an addictive effect, but others they get hooked the moment they try it and will literally do anything for the next hit. It's disgusting and it's like you guys have never seen junkies in the street. These drugs don't just affect the person, it affects their families, their friends, everyone around them. Many drugs people have, they aren't themselves, do you think they should be able to take some heroin or coke and be on the streets? That's a terrifying concept to think about.
But yeah, yay for everyone having access to weed/heroin/cocaine etc and having the narrow minded mentality that it only affects the user that takes it. Dumbasses.

And that's where I have to stop you.
1/Countries where it's legal actually have less smokers than countries where it is illegal
2/Tobacco is more addictive than weed. Alcohol is the hardest drug basides opoids, and it's not only legal, but you're socially pressured to drink some. Cafeine is more addictive than weed. Sugar is more addictive than weed. Endorphines are much, much more addictive than weed.

You probably realize too that all those poor people who are affected by "le evil drugs" would run into millions less problems if it was legal? So I'm not sure what's your problem calling people dumbasses. I'm not sure either why you brought up coke and heroine unless you're one of these fear mongering ignorant tard who claims a joint leads to hardcore opoids addiction. You should probably just educate yourself, because your bit about "one hit and they're hooked" shows that you have literally no idea what we're talking about.

And before you give me your crap, I was raised by an ex-junkie and an alcoholic. I know exactly what I'm talking about, unlike you.

dayum didn't think i would encounter someone illiterate on this forum. people said allow all drugs. i disagree because hard drugs like heroin/coke is bad. that's it. nothing to do with joints or whether or not it was a gateway drug or anything about weed. and i never said that was for all people with the one hit, some people dont have addictive personalities and some do, and AGAIN it was nothing to do with weed. selective reading much? people that come to anon groups recovering from it have mentioned that for themselves.
please don't take a high and mighty tone when you misread something especially this badly. you sound like a cunt when you do that.

i think smoking should be banned as well, but that's for a separate discussion
Dec 8, 2019 6:50 PM

Mar 2011
foxize said:
Deathko said:

And that's where I have to stop you.
1/Countries where it's legal actually have less smokers than countries where it is illegal
2/Tobacco is more addictive than weed. Alcohol is the hardest drug basides opoids, and it's not only legal, but you're socially pressured to drink some. Cafeine is more addictive than weed. Sugar is more addictive than weed. Endorphines are much, much more addictive than weed.

You probably realize too that all those poor people who are affected by "le evil drugs" would run into millions less problems if it was legal? So I'm not sure what's your problem calling people dumbasses. I'm not sure either why you brought up coke and heroine unless you're one of these fear mongering ignorant tard who claims a joint leads to hardcore opoids addiction. You should probably just educate yourself, because your bit about "one hit and they're hooked" shows that you have literally no idea what we're talking about.

And before you give me your crap, I was raised by an ex-junkie and an alcoholic. I know exactly what I'm talking about, unlike you.

dayum didn't think i would encounter someone illiterate on this forum. people said allow all drugs. i disagree because hard drugs like heroin/coke is bad. that's it. nothing to do with joints or whether or not it was a gateway drug or anything about weed. and i never said that was for all people with the one hit, some people dont have addictive personalities and some do, and AGAIN it was nothing to do with weed. selective reading much? people that come to anon groups recovering from it have mentioned that for themselves.
please don't take a high and mighty tone when you misread something especially this badly. you sound like a cunt when you do that.

I think that's the point Deathko made: Being illegal didn't mean no one would use them (as there also exists people that peddle them for economic means) as making them legal has shown to remove the peddlers while offering instead of non-effective punitive measure--treatment which effectively helps those people stop their addictions. The legality may have helped those people learn not to use such drugs while also removing the element of those that sell it making this approach more effective.
This isn't to say I agree with the make all legal argument.
Dec 8, 2019 10:56 PM

Jul 2015
@foxize Did you actually miss the part about ethanol and sugar being the hardest and most legal drugs you can find? ^_-

I dunno about you, but when I clean my house I don't brush all the shit under the carpets to hide it. Same goes for junkies and their problems. You're not helping them by making them delinquents and forcing them to hide, heh.
DeathkoDec 8, 2019 11:01 PM
Dec 9, 2019 12:08 AM

Mar 2016
I'm against it, but at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter to me much.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Dec 9, 2019 12:33 AM

Aug 2018
Deathko said:
@foxize Did you actually miss the part about ethanol and sugar being the hardest and most legal drugs you can find? ^_-

I dunno about you, but when I clean my house I don't brush all the shit under the carpets to hide it. Same goes for junkies and their problems. You're not helping them by making them delinquents and forcing them to hide, heh.

Nobody uses the above as they do with heroin/coke.. because neither give that hit.

And why do you think legalising stuff like heroin would be a good thing? Honest question, I can get behind legalising weed, but why legalise dangerous drugs? Usage would just peak after it was legalised because it's mostly imported and stopped at the border from other countries (UK here)
Dec 9, 2019 12:39 AM

Aug 2018
Silverstorm said:
foxize said:

I think that's the point Deathko made: Being illegal didn't mean no one would use them (as there also exists people that peddle them for economic means) as making them legal has shown to remove the peddlers while offering instead of non-effective punitive measure--treatment which effectively helps those people stop their addictions. The legality may have helped those people learn not to use such drugs while also removing the element of those that sell it making this approach more effective.
This isn't to say I agree with the make all legal argument.

Fair enough, I can understand the reasoning now. I don't think that would be the way to prevent the problem at hand, but thanks for the clarification!
Dec 14, 2019 4:08 PM

Dec 2014
Surprised that aint locked lol
Maneki-Mew said:
Yeah why not. I mean, I don't like the idea, but fun thing is it's not nearly as dangerous as legal drugs and many people already smoked weed in their life and are still able to live normally. I don't even know... dealing is illegal, but consuming isn't. Also you couldn't set up your morals on the law.
I think more drugs should be legal, since they are illegally stretched with life threatening substances. Legal drugs are at least clean.
Legal drugs are at least clean??? Legal drugs are worse than most illegal drugs (as you mentioned). Fuck logic.
FragMentizedDec 14, 2019 4:12 PM
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Dec 14, 2019 4:10 PM
Jul 2019
i'm totally against marijuana legalization
Dec 14, 2019 4:20 PM

Nov 2018
I don't fully support it. It can cause degeneracy among society and corruption of the youth. It can also lead to increased usage of other illegal drugs. Also, if weed is legalised, then why not legalise shrooms? Acid? Molly? LSD? All these drugs, including weed, have harmful physical and mental effects.

However, I understand the wish of many to have the freedom to do what they want in their own privacy. There is also a good point to be made about how alcohol is a harmful drug, arguably more so than marijuana, yet is still perfectly legal. In that case, why shouldn't weed be legal?
Dec 14, 2019 4:21 PM

Dec 2014
Looks like our favourite hippie @traed is really living up to his expectations haha
Dec 14, 2019 4:28 PM
Jul 2018
Karote said:
Maneki-Mew said:
Yeah why not. I mean, I don't like the idea, but fun thing is it's not nearly as dangerous as legal drugs and many people already smoked weed in their life and are still able to live normally. I don't even know... dealing is illegal, but consuming isn't. Also you couldn't set up your morals on the law.
I think more drugs should be legal, since they are illegally stretched with life threatening substances. Legal drugs are at least clean.
Legal drugs are at least clean??? Legal drugs are worse than most illegal drugs (as you mentioned). Fuck logic.

What do you exactly mean? I meant that stuff like illegal heroin is stretched with various substances. Some are very harmless, but others aren't and they are even more dangerous than the drug alone.
Also if drugs are legalized, you will affect the illegal dealers a lot and could control the usage better.
Dec 14, 2019 4:40 PM

Dec 2014
Maneki-Mew said:
Karote said:

What do you exactly mean? I meant that stuff like illegal heroin is stretched with various substances. Some are very harmless, but others aren't and they are even more dangerous than the drug alone.
I know heroine is really bad, but I said most drugs, not all.

Also if drugs are legalized, you will affect the illegal dealers a lot and could control the usage better.
And is that bad??

Dec 14, 2019 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
Karote said:
Maneki-Mew said:

And is that bad??

Nah that's good, that's why countries should do it like Portugal and legalize more. Not all, surely not some shit like crocodile or something, but some more.
There are not so many stretched drugs on the streets, there seem to be less dealers and the government has the control over the usage of the drugs. You could control people, who want to buy it and help addicts instead of judging and punish them.
The addicts are still there, when it's illegal, and there are even more of them in these countries that have a huge war on drugs.
Dec 14, 2019 6:39 PM

Sep 2017
I've never done drugs but I'm not against it. Majijuana, I mean.

It could be really helpful as a pain/stress reliever

Of course it needs to be monitored, because that's still a drug. Some prevention needs to be done, to avoid people driving after smoking majijuana for example
Dec 14, 2019 6:46 PM

Apr 2018
The thing about this kind of stuffs is how you control their usage?

I am happy I live in a country where you can only get legalized alcohol in very few places and every kind of narcotics and psychotropics (i don't know if this wording are right, lol) are illegal unless it's for medication. Some people still consume illegal ones that's true but the things it's illegal make people who consume it don't go around hurting others.

People still smoke tabacco everywhere where I live though. The government has been trying to provide them special room but it's very few and people who smoke don't even care.

Freedom is good, but when it's out of control it will bring disaster.
Dec 14, 2019 6:49 PM

Aug 2009
I'm on the path to being a career painter, so weed would help me deal with pretentious art cunts. ...unless someone will pay me 50 grand for taping a banana to a canvas.

Dec 14, 2019 7:14 PM

Dec 2014
Maneki-Mew said:
Karote said:

And is that bad??

Nah that's good, that's why countries should do it like Portugal and legalize more. Not all, surely not some shit like crocodile or something, but some more.
There are not so many stretched drugs on the streets, there seem to be less dealers and the government has the control over the usage of the drugs. You could control people, who want to buy it and help addicts instead of judging and punish them.
The addicts are still there, when it's illegal, and there are even more of them in these countries that have a huge war on drugs.
I'm morally against most drugs.
But even drugs like crocodile, thalidomide or cloud9 shoud not be criminalized, sad but that is what it is.
Let's just put that into a fictional scenario: If you legalize more common drugs (cocaine,weed, heroin, etc) and not these, the smuggling would be butt-clenching high them, which they aren't right now, since the dealers don't have they former source revenue (crack, heroine), and jump to a new one that is now still illegal, making more addicts and more of all this smuggling bs, but with different drugs.
Dec 14, 2019 7:32 PM

Mar 2008
Karote said:

Maneki-Mew said:

They were just saying legal drugs are under better control than street drugs due to government oversight amd better information available on the sourcing. Not that pharma drugs and alcohol are inherently safer.

Karote said:
Looks like our favourite hippie @traed is really living up to his expectations haha

Hm? How so? I can't say I properly fit with hippies because it's a subculture and my views are not generational or oof cultural origin but rather originating from my own person, and academics. The hippies formed the New Left which isn't an ideology I align well with.

Versaillez said:
I don't fully support it. It can cause degeneracy among society and corruption of the youth. It can also lead to increased usage of other illegal drugs. Also, if weed is legalised, then why not legalise shrooms? Acid? Molly? LSD? All these drugs, including weed, have harmful physical and mental effects.

However, I understand the wish of many to have the freedom to do what they want in their own privacy. There is also a good point to be made about how alcohol is a harmful drug, arguably more so than marijuana, yet is still perfectly legal. In that case, why shouldn't weed be legal?

Slippery slope fallacy. Also you made poor choice of drugs to list. Psilocybin mushrooms and LSD are showing a useful treatment of depression better than SSRIs and LSD makes a great treatment for cluster headaches (also called suicide headaches because how many kill themselves for relief). MDMA has shown promising in treating PTSD and possibly autism (though I see flaw in the theory of the later and think it would better treat paranoia). Psychedelics have great potential. Psilocybin mushrooms also help person change their personality to be more adaptable and is of all illicit drugs is among the least harm potential. The main concern with psychedelics is those who are predisposed to schizophrenia or bipolar are advised against using them. Cannabis only has some mildly negative psychological effects like increased depression risk later in life with chronic use (probably caused by not developing other coping skills than the cannabis) except in the case of those genetically predisposed to THC induced schizophrenia. Cannabis still has various benafits such as pain relief, sleep aid, anti seizure, appetite enhancer, glaucoma treatment...
Dec 14, 2019 8:01 PM

Aug 2015
This was a fun thread to read while high :)
Nov 25, 2020 9:16 PM

Mar 2020
For it! for it for it for it. I also support the legalization of drugs across the board.
Nov 25, 2020 10:16 PM

Oct 2020
Definitely for it! It gives access to better quality weed for consumers, more job creation and a hefty amount of tax for the state, which could be then reinvested somewhere else. Demand for weed (and drugs in general) will continue no matter if it is legal or not and it's also inelastic, so price sensitivity is not an issue. Moreoever, the war on drugs is pointless, no need to lock up dealers or consumers for weed. This is not a violent crime and it has no repercussions on society as a whole, just on the consumer itself. Saying that, weed should still be consumed with care. It's not completely damage-free as activists claim. So legalization should imply also education on the masses on how to properly consume it. Finally, if it does get legalized, no one forces you to smoke it/eat it in edibles. Your life doesn't change, but for stoners it improves.
Nov 26, 2020 1:32 AM

May 2016
never really dove into its effects but i prefer to keep my mind sharp and clear 24/7
Dec 23, 2020 2:33 PM
Dec 2020
I feel positive about this and I don't see anything wrong with it, as everyone has the right to freedom of choice. I also smoked marijuana before and my relatives took it normally. No one scolded me for being wrong or harmful. In short, I am only happy with this decision, although after I found an alternative in the form of delta 8 thc 300mg, I no longer smoke. By the way, I learned that cbd gummies are almost as useful as a vitamin complex, as they contain trace elements that restore the body. Cool, isn't it?
AnnaPreobrajenDec 24, 2020 2:22 PM
Dec 23, 2020 2:43 PM

Oct 2020
give me some boof, i need it for medical purposes.
Dec 23, 2020 9:19 PM

Sep 2019
I love using Dread(reddit-like harm reduction forum) on Tor... so yea, it enlightened me to be pro-marijuana

Plus i would love to listen to prog or psychedelic music while high one day too.
"I suffered all my life. No one ever truly loved me. No one ever truly cared about me. I only loved one thing in my whole life and that was Christina Menefee. But she was torn away from me. I tried to save myself with [student’s name], but she never cared for me. As it turns out, she made fun of me behind my back while we were together. And all throughout my life I was ridiculed. Always beaten, always hated. [...] I am malicious because I am miserable."

"It was not a cry for attention, it was not a cry for help. It was a scream in sheer agony [...]"
-Luke Woodham

Dec 23, 2020 9:29 PM

May 2013
Biden supports decriminalization but not legalization, which is like a nice way of saying 'go to bed stoners'~ .

He did fight for LSD user's rights in the early 90's, though. When Republicans made it so that the sentence of Acid dealers was based on the weight of the acid-carrying substance and not the actual microgram amount, Biden opposed it.

And for good reason, as it made no sense.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» How old were you when your birthday stopped being special to you?

Jomfrey - 5 hours ago

14 by TheBlockernator »»
11 minutes ago

» Why isn't Israel and the USA in the British Commonwealth?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

10 by Zettaiken »»
12 minutes ago

» Ladies of mal, how do you feel about random compliment text messages?

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

6 by TheBlockernator »»
13 minutes ago

» How would telepathy affect society?

NonaryGames - Aug 23, 2015

29 by DesuMaiden »»
25 minutes ago

» The Curse of Overtourism

Meusnier - May 21

27 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.