Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Sept 22 - 28

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 30, 2014 12:04 PM
Aug 2011
phoenixalia said:
But, this is enough for fujoshi.

Well to be fair... one hot guy standing in the same room as another hot guy is enough for fujoshi.
Sep 30, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
parfaited said:
phoenixalia said:

Well to be fair... one hot guy standing in the same room as another hot guy is enough for fujoshi.

Sports are for fujoshi bro.

Just watch any NFL football game. The entire crowd is female.
Sep 30, 2014 12:07 PM

Apr 2010
SolviteSekai said:
And finally, theres a difference between saying fujoshi like Haikyuu, and saying it is MAINLY females purchasing it.

You honestly think that men are any significant percentage of the buyers of shows like that? You're pretty stubborn.

Sep 30, 2014 12:09 PM
Mar 2010
SolviteSekai said:

The pic is two girls kissing.

Like I said, anyone who thinks Haikyuu is fujoshi bait never saw it. There is no male fan service in it.

And as far as Nozaki-kun goes, anyone calling it a female oriented anime clearly only looked at the character designs.

I bet most of you don't even know that the prince girl is a girl.

And finally, theres a difference between saying fujoshi like Haikyuu, and saying it is MAINLY females purchasing it.

You dont see the difference?

You mean Alex and Riko? That picture was a joke. Alex never had any feelings for Riko or vice-versa. In the manga, it is stated that Alex kisses anybody, be it a boy or a girl. You're using that as an example? It doesn't matter if the manga has a few things which appeals to boys. Look at InuxBoku SS. It had fanservice too but it was popular with females as well.

I know that the prince is a girl.

And yes, there is a difference. There could be casual female fans who like the manga. But yes, it IS mainly females purchasing it, since they are the hardcore fans. Furthermore, I see no reason to continue arguing with you though. Its clear you're set in your views.

parfaited said:
phoenixalia said:

This is true.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 30, 2014 12:10 PM

Jan 2013
RyanSaotome said:
SolviteSekai said:

You honestly think that men are any significant percentage of the buyers of shows like that? You're pretty stubborn.

Men like sports dude.

Do you really not understand how popular sports are?

phoenixalia said:
SolviteSekai said:

The pic is two girls kissing.

Like I said, anyone who thinks Haikyuu is fujoshi bait never saw it. There is no male fan service in it.

And as far as Nozaki-kun goes, anyone calling it a female oriented anime clearly only looked at the character designs.

I bet most of you don't even know that the prince girl is a girl.

You dont see the difference?

You mean Alex and Riko? That picture was a joke. Alex never had any feelings for Riko or vice-versa. In the manga, it is stated that Alex kisses anybody, be it a boy or a girl. You're using that as an example? It doesn't matter if the manga has a few things which appeals to boys. Look at InuxBoku SS. It had fanservice too but it was popular with females as well.

I know that the prince is a girl.

And yes, there is a difference. There could be casual female fans who like the manga. But yes, it IS mainly females purchasing it, since they are the hardcore fans. Furthermore, I see no reason to continue arguing with you though. Its clear you're set in your views.

So now yuri jokes arent fan service?
Sep 30, 2014 12:10 PM

Jul 2013
Winter_Fox_Tami said:
nedratje said:
Yay for Nozaki-kun!!
I do feel like Barakamon deserved to sell more.

And where the hell is Zankyou no Terror? I expected it to at least make the rankings, even sell well, despite Five.

It sold like 400 DVD's, so it didn't rank, the Blu-ray's will chart on Thursday, but they aren't expected to be much better. Major flop.

Well, that's awful. Where do you find those sales numbers if they don't rank?

SolviteSekai said:
ZnT didnt sell because none of that directors shows ever sell.

Cowboy Bebop flopped, Space Dandy Flopped, now ZnT flopped.

Face it, the guys shows are made for adult swim at this point.

That's awful too. Doesn't mean they're bad shows though.
Sep 30, 2014 12:12 PM

Jan 2013
Kuroko no Basket objectively has no fan service for men.

Its also kind of sad how Nozaki-kun NOT BEING FILLED WITH FAN SERVICE somehow means it is female oriented.

Because the only way a comedy can be made for men is if titties are flopping all over the place.

Face it guys, people wanted Nozaki-kun to fail because its Moe.

Just like how people are butthurt that ZnT didnt sell, and will be even more butthurt next week when Akame ga Kills low numbers come out.

Sports, comedy, music, and romance are all for girls.

Real proud anime males only watch grungy grimdark psychological shows about terrorism.
Sep 30, 2014 12:49 PM

Nov 2012
great sales for nozaki-kun! i hope the event ticket drop won't be too big, that show deserves its sales!
i hope free! will add some more BDs on thursday so it'll hit 20k.
prisma illya sold more than i expected...
and poor sabagebu and zankyou not ranking (yet). :(
Sep 30, 2014 12:58 PM

Jul 2014
SolviteSekai said:
Winter_Fox_Tami said:

It sold horribly. How come every week in this thread there's someone who goes "I can't believe (insert show name) sold so much!" when it sells terribly?

3800 isnt terrible.

What? It sold 798, and the information for Blu-rays isn't out yet.
Sep 30, 2014 1:02 PM

Jul 2014
[quote=nedratje]
Winter_Fox_Tami said:
nedratje said:
Yay for Nozaki-kun!!
I do feel like Barakamon deserved to sell more.

And where the hell is Zankyou no Terror? I expected it to at least make the rankings, even sell well, despite Five.

It sold like 400 DVD's, so it didn't rank, the Blu-ray's will chart on Thursday, but they aren't expected to be much better. Major flop.

The cut-off for the chart was somewhere in the high 400's, which means it had to have sold somewhere in the mid to low 400's, possibly even lower, but 400 to 450 is the most likely.
Sep 30, 2014 1:03 PM

Jan 2013
No Hunter x Hunter 2011 in top? wow, that's strange
Sep 30, 2014 1:03 PM

Jan 2013
[quote=Winter_Fox_Tami]
nedratje said:
Winter_Fox_Tami said:

The cut-off for the chart was somewhere in the high 400's, which means it had to have sold somewhere in the mid to low 400's, possibly even lower, but 400 to 450 is the most likely.

The second post in this thread gives bakumatsu rock 3800.

oh volume 2
Sep 30, 2014 1:10 PM

Dec 2011
DVD sales below the rankings:
phoenixalia said:
108 *,440 (山内惠介 シングルDVDコレクション)
116 Zankyou no Terror Vol.1
123 Futsuu no Joshikousei ga【Locodol】Yattemita. Vol.1
125 Kingyo Chuuihou! DVD Memorial Pack
136 Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? Vol.1
137 Kenzen Robo Daimidaler Vol.3
142 *,344 (加藤智子 ずっと、きっと。)
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1280259#Bm4xa4rf4Hy1rzym.99

So everything listed there sold >344 but <440 sales. The fact that ZnT is near the top of that list implies it is towards the higher end of that range.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 30, 2014 1:14 PM

Jul 2014
IzKir said:

What do you mean "that's strange"? Hunter x Hunter never sells anything. I barely remember ever seeing it rank.
Sep 30, 2014 1:15 PM

Jan 2013
So any word on if Jojo's is selling enough for part 4 to be animated?
Sep 30, 2014 1:21 PM

Apr 2014
SolviteSekai said:
Jojo is selling really well

10k always guarantee, except if the publisher of the material is a faggot

Of course, you have another factors, like how the budget necessary to make an anime differs from another, and how the external sales can influence it in different ways (toys, mangas, etc...).
Sep 30, 2014 1:24 PM

Sep 2013
SolviteSekai said:

Should be, if they aren't feggits like Sunrise :(
about 20k average for Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere and 10-15K for Accel World but no new season in years :(
Sep 30, 2014 1:27 PM

Nov 2011
ichii_1 said:
SolviteSekai said:

about 20k average for Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere and 10-15K for Accel World but no new season in years :(

Accel world did not even hit a 9k average.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 30, 2014 1:41 PM

Sep 2013
rederoin said:

I could've sworn I saw 15K somewhere :O
but whatever the point is that Sunrise doesn't give a sh!t about any series that doesn't make BIG MONEY anymore, if Love Live 2 vol.1 sold 40K-50K they would have thrown it in the trash :(
I'm scared for Gundam's future too :( any less than 100K might kill it, they're getting greedier and greedier.
Sep 30, 2014 1:45 PM

Dec 2012
Moodie said:

No it doesn't, stop talking out of your ass.
Sep 30, 2014 1:46 PM

Jan 2013
ichii_1 said:
rederoin said:

but whatever the point is that Sunrise doesn't give a sh!t about any series that doesn't make BIG MONEY anymore, if Love Live 2 vol.1 sold 40K-50K they would have thrown it in the trash :(
I'm scared for Gundam's future too :( any less than 100K might kill it, they're getting greedier and greedier.

buddy complex got a second season didnt it?

That show sold like 2k
Sep 30, 2014 1:47 PM

Dec 2012
Winter_Fox_Tami said:
IzKir said:

What do you mean "that's strange"? Hunter x Hunter never sells anything. I barely remember ever seeing it rank.

Lol, I heard from an asian fan, that it DVDs/BDs sell less than a 100. I mean damn, that's bad, even for a long running anime.
Sep 30, 2014 1:48 PM

Sep 2013
SolviteSekai said:

That show sold like 2k

^ they're probably making millions with the games and merchandise :( but some series don't have that luxury.
Sep 30, 2014 1:48 PM

Apr 2014
tsudecimo said:
Moodie said:

No it doesn't, stop talking out of your ass.
i guess u didnt read up till the part where i said "Of course, you have another factors,"
Sep 30, 2014 1:51 PM

Nov 2008
SolviteSekai said:
ichii_1 said:

That show sold like 2k

Buddy Complex was split cour and 2k is terrible sales especially with a lot less merchandise than Gundam and even Love Live and Aikatsu. I think I can live without anymore Gundam anime, it's being tainted by creator butthurt, greed, and the dumb decision to kiddify the look and often the feel of the series, I know it's driven by merchandise but make it at least something watchable and put the more kiddy series to side series status. These days I'm more interested in the games than the anime.

Sep 30, 2014 3:12 PM

Oct 2007
ichii_1 said:
SolviteSekai said:

Sunrise is primarily about trying to produce anime original content that they and Bandai own the rights too and are always trying to come up with new franchises so while it's a shame that their adaptation efforts have been lagging behind in the last little while (I swear the last time I recall them doing one was Binbougami-Ga) that's just kind of how it is with them. It doesn't matter how successful the shows are, it's a matter of their business model and MO, adaptations just don't happen very often with them, particularly considering their original titles tend to be fairly successful on average.

ichii_1 said:
rederoin said:

Gundams measure of success isn't in Blu-Ray sales but in model kits. If a show in the franchise gets Blu-Ray sales it's mainly just like a nice bonus for the Bandai Visual wing of the company cause that's not really what they're aiming for typically.

Also I hate to break it to people but Gundam was always a show aimed primarily at younger viewers. Besides just because a show is aimed at younger viewers doesn't mean it can't be good, but you know people these days have this fixation on the idea that anime needs to be all "mature" and grimdark in order to be considered good. Personally I still see a lot of variety in the franchise and don't find that it's been treated poorly at all lately so I guess it's just a matter of perspective.

Lastly while Sunrise can definitely be kind of greedy I don't see how they don't care about shows that don't make ample money anymore. I think people should take a closer look at their recent catalog and things like Short Peace which was made knowing they would take a loss on it but as a trade off also earned the company the distinction of being the only Japanese animation studio have a work get an Oscar nomination for it's Possessions segment.
PeacingOutSep 30, 2014 3:21 PM
Sep 30, 2014 3:15 PM

Jul 2012
Seifer12 said:
i wonder what drove Gekkan Shoujo to get that sales other than comedy. usually regular highschool anime gets 3-4k sales average. i actually expected it worse than that.

You won't understand until you watch it! It's funny as helll.

Nice to see Gekkan Shoujo, Aldnoah, and Barakamon on here :) Barakamon deserves more though! Surprised Zankyou no Terror didn't make it.
AndoSep 30, 2014 3:20 PM
Sep 30, 2014 6:00 PM
Jul 2011
moonnya said:
*3. 11,776 Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Well Nozaki wont get > 10k average after all

*5. *8,293 Aldnoah.Zero
that power of Aniplex, and people say this can beat Gundam lolwut

and looks like stalker guess right about Zankyou no Terror after all, no buff from Aniplex or teen girls, 1k2 then, I wont feel sorry for them if they have this sell, Five already ruined the show

dem spring series killing summer anime on their first volumes, how rude

WHY DO U WANT TO SEE WATANABE FAIL!!?!?!?!?!
Sep 30, 2014 7:34 PM

Oct 2008
Quoo said:
moonnya said:
*3. 11,776 Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Well Nozaki wont get > 10k average after all

*5. *8,293 Aldnoah.Zero
that power of Aniplex, and people say this can beat Gundam lolwut

and looks like stalker guess right about Zankyou no Terror after all, no buff from Aniplex or teen girls, 1k2 then, I wont feel sorry for them if they have this sell, Five already ruined the show

dem spring series killing summer anime on their first volumes, how rude

because hopefully he'll realize it was a mistake and go back to making the greatest anime ever made (bebop + champloo)
Sep 30, 2014 7:36 PM

Jan 2013
BigSimo said:
Quoo said:

because hopefully he'll realize it was a mistake and go back to making the greatest anime ever made (bebop + champloo)

bebop flopped too

Edit: japanese people dont really like grimdark edgy shit that much.
Oct 1, 2014 1:18 AM

Jul 2012
Seeing the Love Live sales never fail to please me.

SolviteSekai said:
ichii_1 said:

That show sold like 2k

Don't think it's getting a second season anymore, only a two part special to end the series. Maybe they reconsidered after the poor sales.
Oct 1, 2014 1:19 AM

Nov 2007
SolviteSekai said:
bebop flopped too

Again would you stop spreading misinformation.

This is what the mods should be stopping in these sales threads.

Bebop did not flop. 19,651 (3330 VHS + 7,673 LD + 8,648 (51,888/6, as we don't know how Vol.1~3 DVDs sold) DVD) average. It also sold 28,953 units for 2 DVD-BOX releases. How exactly are those sales a flop??? I would understand if it actually sold poorly, but this is just getting ridiculous dude.

カウボーイビバップ

Re-release DVD-BOXs

Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20111118054123/http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/music/3914/1295395600/
EjcOct 1, 2014 1:32 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Oct 1, 2014 1:52 AM
Jul 2013
scytheavatar said:
Seifer12 said:
i wonder what drove Gekkan Shoujo to get that sales other than comedy. usually regular highschool anime gets 3-4k sales average. i actually expected it worse than that.

The fact that it's one of the best anime comedies ever made?
Even so it is little too high for the best anime comedies ever made to get that sales. maybe i'm little too pessimistic.
Oct 1, 2014 3:07 AM

Sep 2012
Seifer12 said:
scytheavatar said:

The fact that it's one of the best anime comedies ever made?
Even so it is little too high for the best anime comedies ever made to get that sales. maybe i'm little too pessimistic.

I think it might help you to think about it from the other side, from the perspective of people who BOUGHT it, rather than people like yourself who are wondering why on earth so many people bought it.

Why do people buy anime? Why that anime and not another one?

Well, obviously they liked it! They liked it enough to want to own it, to support it, to get the extras, because their PVR forgot to record it... but mostly they really liked it, enough to buy it rather than something else as most buyers only buy a show or two per season.

This high school comedy was more than that. It had great characters of both sexes, side characters which were really well developed, both new and running gags, it made fun of shoujo manga tropes in a shounen series. The music was great, the animation was well done, cute character designs.

Most importantly I think, the first episode was super awesome! It was so surprisingly good that it got people talking and watching. The next episodes kept on hitting all the right notes week after week. Do that for the first 3-4 episodes of the season, then keep on to the end and you have a good chance of becoming a surprise hit like Nozaki-kun.

Watch the shows every week, check out the reaction of Japanese fans (the only ones who buy the discs and show up in the sales lists here). Doing that will let you know what to expect with some sales. Shows with no reactions, "air shows", never sell and shows with a lot of negative reaction often don't sell. Some popular shows will sell even if there is little or mostly negative reaction from haters.

Try to get into the mind of the Japanese anime buyers. That may help you to understand, much more than simply thinking "most high school shows sell xxxx".
Oct 1, 2014 4:15 AM

Nov 2011
BigSimo said:

Its not him who decides what anime get funded. Not to mention we don't know if ZnT turned a profit, broke even or lost money. But thats a whole other topic.

SolviteSekai said:

bebop flopped too

It did not. It acteally sold a lot of discs.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 2, 2014 2:08 PM

Nov 2008
well done one piece
Oct 2, 2014 6:25 PM

Dec 2013
okay ZnT sells 1,099 BD, one of the worst sales this season
and Tokyo Ghoul total only gets 3,667, much lower than what we expected when the season began
read more at http://www.someanithing.com/2194
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Science SARU Produces New 'Ghost in the Shell' TV Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Today

34 by Alpha-Nine »»
2 hours ago

» 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Reveals Production Staff, Theme Songs, Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

8 by Zedlin »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - May 23

21 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Today, 7:57 AM

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - May 18

26 by justmeluiza2 »»
Today, 7:51 AM

» TOHO Strengthens Animation Division with Acquisition of Science SARU

Vindstot - Yesterday

12 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.