Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 18, 2009 11:56 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
najimi got drunk off carbonated soda lol, despite daichi's pervertedness he somehow resists and stays relatively calm around her. najimi got her own akikan too, guess we'll see more of "Yell" next episode. the grape vs melon fight was pretty amusing but wth. Budoko had a weird voice. not as good as the first 2 episodes but still funny mostly cause of Daichi.

first time starting an episode thread hah
Jan 19, 2009 3:57 AM

Jan 2009
I loved it ^_^ It was hilarious! Najimi getting drunk reminded me of Nagisa getting drunk in Clannad After story. And Budoko sound weird indeed
Jan 19, 2009 4:05 AM

Aug 2007
Yup the fight was pretty amusing. That's all I can say for now.
Jan 19, 2009 4:51 AM

Aug 2008
"Could it be that, because I'm so charming, you plan to offer every single part of your delicious young body to me?" An epic quote. LOL.
It's so funny watching Najimi getting drunk.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Jan 19, 2009 7:35 AM

Oct 2008
At last, she made a move! Hopefully Daichi in near future will re-think his relationship with Najimi, he is not as dumb as most of male characters to not notice that she has crush on him.
Jan 19, 2009 9:13 AM

Aug 2008
Was a pretty good episode.
Are all the akikan out now? Or is there another one left?
Jan 19, 2009 9:20 AM

Feb 2008
that was interesting. hehe ironic that the most horny guy on the planet would refuse an opportunity that is presented both when the girl is sober and not haha.
Jan 19, 2009 9:58 AM

Aug 2008
Don't tell me.. you raped her?

I love Najimi! While the show is probably getting funnier, the animation quality is reaching new depths. And the loli though cute, had a terrible voice
Jan 19, 2009 12:08 PM

May 2007
Did only I thought that the previous episodes were better? I mean, there were many things that put a smile on my face, but nothing made me lol. Must be because of my bad day.

On a side note, I hate that loli and her voice. She's annoying.
Jan 19, 2009 12:34 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, that was amazingly bad. It was one cliche after another, after another, after another. If this show took itself a little less seriously it would be funny, but it's kinda sad.

DaBigD said:

On a side note, I hate that loli and her voice. She's annoying.

I never want to see her face again...I want her dead.
Jan 19, 2009 12:52 PM

Dec 2007
Akikan just takes the animation to the next level. Of badness. The most funny thing in this series to see how bad the animation will get.

But, there was some funny things in the episode. Kakeru has some good things to say ^_^ And yes, that lolis voice is annoying.
Jan 19, 2009 1:10 PM

Feb 2008
Budoko voice is bad, but this show is still funny as hell. plus i love how that dude just says whats on is mind, for better or worse lol
Jan 19, 2009 1:15 PM

Jul 2008
pretty funny stuff, a girl who gets drunk off of carbonated drinks, and that scene with the witch girl= total rejection!!! and now shes got an akikan
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 19, 2009 1:28 PM

Oct 2008
Kakeru is funny as usual. The best part now is Mamiko Noto made her entrance! Other than that, I'm teetering on the edge of dropping this.
Jan 19, 2009 1:33 PM

Jul 2008
yea but flirting with the vending machine is funny as hell lmao
Jan 19, 2009 3:28 PM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
If this show took itself a little less seriously it would be funny, but it's kinda sad.

how is it taking itself seriously? It's supposed to be ridiculous. I love it for it's stupidity
Jan 19, 2009 3:37 PM

Jan 2009
It was a good episode... I almost gave up on the series... the art and animation seems to be getting a lot better. The perverseness seemed to be toned down a bit... I didn't havel a disgusting feeling inside when i laughed at the jokes... It was funny... Don't give up on the series till this episode I'm telling you... I'm glad to know the protagonist isn't really perverted... He's just all talk and no action which is good :). I don't want a protagonist who would do perverted things to the other characters. Is it just me or did the art get a lot better??? I mean ep2's art & animation was just horrible to watch... maybe I just dl'd some low quality stuff? Pretty funny... Too bad this was rated so low... I hope the people watching this series didn't give up watching this series... I'm sure they would rate it higher once they see this episode...
Jan 19, 2009 3:43 PM

Aug 2008
hirahira said:
noteDhero said:
If this show took itself a little less seriously it would be funny, but it's kinda sad.

how is it taking itself seriously? It's supposed to be ridiculous. I love it for it's stupidity

I mean Kakeru's stormy past; Melon's need to fight/emo argument with Kakeru; Najimi trying to seduce Kakeru (If it were with you that'd be alright...bah!) It just needs to be completely over the top for it to work for me. It's about fucking cans fighting for christ's sake...at least Glitter Bathingsuit-Man knows what kind of show he's in.
Jan 19, 2009 4:05 PM

Dec 2008
Hahah, the little kid's voice is cute. Just come back in 10 years ;]
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Jan 19, 2009 4:07 PM

Nov 2008
Excellent episode, love the opening and ending themes. It is really funny and has an interesting romantic premise. Who gives a fuck about cliches, all anime has them. Get over it and enjoy that story for what it is.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jan 19, 2009 4:12 PM

Jul 2008
That..voice...ugh..

Anyway, didn't expect Najimi to get her own Akikan. Might get a bit more interesting from here.

Jan 19, 2009 4:17 PM

Aug 2008
Swiftstylez said:
Excellent episode, love the opening and ending themes. It is really funny and has an interesting romantic premise. Who gives a fuck about cliches, all anime has them. Get over it and enjoy that story for what it is.

I....you know what, I'm just not even going to say anything.
Jan 19, 2009 10:39 PM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
Swiftstylez said:

The main characters sense of humor is a lot different from other perverted leads. Even if it was the same, it is a proven formula that works. Notice how even though the "critics" have been putting it down, it still remains super popular? It's entertainment over originality. I find he puts his own spin on things anyway... I mean, flirting with a vending machine? LOL. That scene was hilarious.

Cans turning into girls? It is a new spin on a "girl randomly meets boy and they fall in love" cliche. If is contrived and unrealistic, yes, but who gives a fuck. That is why it works. It's not meant to be a breakthrough in romantic plot development. It's a nice break from the slow paced romantic storyline. Go and watch the notebook or something if you want something a little deeper and realistic. This is fantasy. My slightly younger sister thinks Melon is really cute.

Better yet, stick to watching Shoujo romances so you know you won't witness these kind of romances. If people don't like it no one is forcing you to continue watching. Yet most of you will, because it is enjoyable and I bet you will still be here in the discussion thread come the final episodes.

These are the shows the self proclaimed "experts" love to hate, and continue watching anyway. Then you have the people who can actually enjoy this for what it is. It's a win win situation. Either way they are going to get viewers.
AnistylezJan 19, 2009 11:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jan 19, 2009 11:25 PM

Jun 2007
Swiftstylez said:
Notice how even though the "critics" have been putting it down, it still remains super popular?

Succinctly made point.

I continue to be refeshed by the way this show runs - it's just serious enough to serve as a foil to all the crazy shit going on. And Kakeru continues to imitate the manly perverts of anime, though this week was more of a Kanta Mizuno impression.

TorisunanohokoriJan 19, 2009 11:31 PM
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Jan 19, 2009 11:32 PM
Mar 2008
Some good lulz and crazy shit.
Jan 20, 2009 1:06 AM

Jan 2008
This show has ABSOLUTELY nothing original about it. I've seen hundreds of anime, so my tastes are very refined. The animation is pretty bad, I guess. The story is really generic. But, this anime has what a lot of high-tech, original anime lack: ENTERTAINMENT VALUE. And that is what's really important in an anime. You can have the most beautiful animation ever, the most original story to ever grace your screen, if it does not entertain, then it is worthless. Anime is, above all, a TV show, whose final goal is to entertain the viewer, not to give him a new view on the world. OK, if it can do that too, that's great.

Bottom line, this anime is entertaining, so I'll keep watching it. Najimi is also really cute. Kakeru, you are an idiot. Why are you still a virgin? She's basicly GIVVING herself to you, what do you want, a written invitation?
Jan 20, 2009 3:25 AM

Nov 2008
DmonHiro said:
This show has ABSOLUTELY nothing original about it. I've seen hundreds of anime, so my tastes are very refined. The animation is pretty bad, I guess. The story is really generic. But, this anime has what a lot of high-tech, original anime lack: ENTERTAINMENT VALUE. And that is what's really important in an anime. You can have the most beautiful animation ever, the most original story to ever grace your screen, if it does not entertain, then it is worthless. Anime is, above all, a TV show, whose final goal is to entertain the viewer, not to give him a new view on the world. OK, if it can do that too, that's great.

Bottom line, this anime is entertaining, so I'll keep watching it. Najimi is also really cute. Kakeru, you are an idiot. Why are you still a virgin? She's basicly GIVVING herself to you, what do you want, a written invitation?

Good point, though I think that it does give a new spin on an age old formula with the cans turning into girls. I think that the lead main character is hilariously funny, and is a bit unique in comparison to say Hideki off Chobits. This guy seriously reserves nothing and lets out everything. Some of the comparisons he makes (eg. Something about a girl wearing animal clothes when they are older if you raise them the right tenderly when they are younger) are hilarious LOL
Torisunanohokori said:
Swiftstylez said:
Notice how even though the "critics" have been putting it down, it still remains super popular?

Succinctly made point.

I continue to be refeshed by the way this show runs - it's just serious enough to serve as a foil to all the crazy shit going on. And Kakeru continues to imitate the manly perverts of anime, though this week was more of a Kanta Mizuno impression.

lol Yeah, when it gets almost TOO silly, it corrects itself with a bit of seriousness. I have noticed that too.

Entertaining it is. I have to agree that the animation isn't cutting edge, but it doesn't make my eyes bleed or anything. Some of the character designs are good. Melon anyone?

Jan 20, 2009 5:41 AM

Jul 2008
This serie is just getting more annoying ;/ It's so close that I would drop it. The new akikan was funny but serie itself is... stupid :/

Jan 20, 2009 6:01 AM

Jan 2008
I found this episode to probably the the funniest released out of the current 3. Still having a bit of trouble adapting to the eye artwork but I'll probably managed to finish this series.
Jan 20, 2009 9:38 AM

Aug 2008
Swiftstylez said:
noteDhero said:
Swiftstylez said:

The main characters sense of humor is a lot different from other perverted leads. Even if it was the same, it is a proven formula that works. Notice how even though the "critics" have been putting it down, it still remains super popular? It's entertainment over originality. I find he puts his own spin on things anyway... I mean, flirting with a vending machine? LOL. That scene was hilarious.

Cans turning into girls? It is a new spin on a "girl randomly meets boy and they fall in love" cliche. If is contrived and unrealistic, yes, but who gives a fuck. That is why it works. It's not meant to be a breakthrough in romantic plot development. It's a nice break from the slow paced romantic storyline. Go and watch the notebook or something if you want something a little deeper and realistic. This is fantasy. My slightly younger sister thinks Melon is really cute.

Better yet, stick to watching Shoujo romances so you know you won't witness these kind of romances. If people don't like it no one is forcing you to continue watching. Yet most of you will, because it is enjoyable and I bet you will still be here in the discussion thread come the final episodes.

These are the shows the self proclaimed "experts" love to hate, and continue watching anyway. Then you have the people who can actually enjoy this for what it is. It's a win win situation. Either way they are going to get viewers.

I don't think I said any thing about it needing to be more serious. On the contrary, what I stated earlier was that it would be funnier if it took itself a little less seriously. That's the only way I think having a show as generic (purposefully or not) as Akikan is can be entertaining. Portions of the show are borderline hilarious, but they spoil it with pacing that goes right into a scene where they are really trying to take these characters seriously and make them "three dimensional." I have no problem with cliches; what I have a problem with is when cliches are being executed in a way that makes me believe the writers think they are being sooooo original. Unfortunately this has happened a few times in every episode. I just want this show to be a little more self-aware of the idiocy of everything. Then I can laugh.
Jan 20, 2009 11:48 AM

Jun 2007
Complete and total OTT idiocy is just idiocy. Specifically, comedian's idiocy. If a show is 100% stupid, there's no joke because you know it's going to be stupid all the time. It's perfectly telegraphed beforehand. But mix in 2% serious, and suddenly the whole formula becomes much more unpredictable, and hence each joke becomes a better joke.

Plus the 2% seriousness gives the comedy somewhat solid character bases to work the humor on. Nothing wrong with that.
Jan 20, 2009 12:11 PM

Aug 2008
but it's not 2% serous. It's more like 40% serious. Maybe people like the "serious" romance, and "serious" dark past, Najimi's "serious" feelings for Kakeru, and the "serious" conflict. I however, wouldn't have minded this being a little more parody. Then it would excuse a lot of the lull.
Jan 20, 2009 12:27 PM

Jun 2007
I'm grading the seriousness on a curve. It may be more than 2%, but I don't see any real post-Day-of-Flight-level Wangst. It's very predominately comedy (80%-ish), enough that I personally am not taking it too seriously.
Jan 20, 2009 12:30 PM

Aug 2008
True, thankfully there haven't been any Clannad crying in the rain moments, I just think that the more dramatic moments should be better paced so it doesn't take the edge off the comedy.
Jan 20, 2009 2:40 PM

Oct 2008
I guess things got a bit more interesting with two new characters.

Jan 20, 2009 4:01 PM

Feb 2008
I actually love this series for the inukami! type of humor, ep 3 was great. "Did you rape her?" Lol
Jan 21, 2009 6:11 AM

Jul 2008
I will admit this show is retarded.....really retarded, but it's funny because its so stupid. Also, there are a lot of people who overreact to how bad animation is, but the animation in this is truly the epitome of terrible lol.

So far I am indifferent of this anime, which equates to about a 6 or a 5, but I'll keep watching I guess.

EDIT: I dislike how they stole the drunk-off-soda thing from Ah! My Goddess, very unoriginal move to do.
DefianceJan 21, 2009 11:14 AM
Jan 21, 2009 7:17 AM
Nov 2008
Just lol'd at Budoko's Pedobear bag :)
Jan 21, 2009 12:50 PM

Jun 2008
Good episode.
The fight with that loli girl was funny.
Jan 22, 2009 12:09 AM

Jul 2008
...I think I just got kicked in the nards a couple dozen times. I was 7 minutes in and thought I was almost done :(

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Jan 22, 2009 8:20 PM

Nov 2007
This episode made me go through a rainbow of emotions in its mere 22 minutes

Truly a bliss-inducing show, a masterpiece for years to come
Jan 25, 2009 3:06 PM

Oct 2008

So, Najimi is bi? And kochikaze is les?

And now, there is Yell..
Jan 25, 2009 3:42 PM

Aug 2008
Kira01 said:

And now, there is Yell..

(...as if 2 weren't silly enough)
GreorgyJan 25, 2009 4:36 PM
Jan 27, 2009 12:34 AM

Jun 2008
ugh what an annoying loli, along with an annoying voice. my poor ears.

"I'm jealous-- I mean, you bastad" XDDD

epic voice acting from JunJun is epic.
Feb 11, 2009 3:41 AM
Aug 2008
kisami said:
that was interesting. hehe ironic that the most horny guy on the planet would refuse an opportunity that is presented both when the girl is sober and not haha.

Errrh.

I really like the premise of this anime, I really feel it has a lot of good writing and good direction, but sometimes it is overflowing with fail.

If I end up praising it two thirds of the time, I'll be happy. I think I'll watch it to the end because in my heart I believe the writers are smart and their periodic lapses into bad, bad, BAAAAD writing are not permanent.
Feb 18, 2009 2:28 AM

Jan 2008
Another meh episode...
Aug 14, 2009 9:07 AM

Jun 2009
good episode
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 9, 2009 4:42 PM

Jul 2009
Swiftstylez said:

yeah! ^^

Greorgy said:
Kira01 said:

And now, there is Yell..

(...as if 2 weren't silly enough)

XD lol
Sep 22, 2009 2:42 PM

Jun 2009
I like the grape girl - reminds me of the robot girl in Murder Princess
Sep 22, 2009 3:01 PM

Jun 2009
as usual my experience here has proved me right that a lot of animes with average 7 rating or with rather bad reviews r actually great animes! And this is one of them. On the other hand u have animes like Higurashi when they cry, Or Shana no Shana which r far better rated and a pain to watch!(if u manage at all to get through to the end)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akikan! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 23, 2008

127 by EmperorThor »»
Apr 20, 2023 6:11 PM

Poll: » Akikan! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Mar 14, 2009

52 by W3TFT »»
Sep 20, 2022 3:31 PM

Poll: » Akikan! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xyakaix - Mar 29, 2009

87 by TazzyTensai »»
Sep 4, 2022 12:38 PM

Poll: » Akikan! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Feb 8, 2009

77 by victualness »»
Jan 23, 2022 1:13 PM

» Who are these characters?

RenaPsychoKiller - Jul 4, 2012

1 by Randomcardcaptor »»
Oct 14, 2020 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.