Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 4, 2012 9:08 AM

Feb 2008
I like the vaguely creepy mystery vibe they have going on, but whenever the OP starts it completely destroys the feeling. It's so upbeat and quick that it just feels totally off. I'm not trying to say it's a bad song, but rather that the song's a bad fit.

Also, it sounds exactly like the songs from Code Geass; I know it's the same group, but still, they sound so similar it's ridiculous.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 4, 2012 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
That OP makes me want to belly dance. Not to snuggle in fear, indeed.
Feb 4, 2012 12:00 PM

Dec 2011
Same here... I don't think this opening is good for this anime... Anyway it reminds me of Code Geass opening (can't remember which one)
Feb 4, 2012 12:23 PM

May 2009
GForce said:
I like the vaguely creepy mystery vibe they have going on, but whenever the OP starts it completely destroys the feeling.

I have same feeling, but this anime is still overrated.

GForce said:
Also, it sounds exactly like the songs from Code Geass; I know it's the same group, but still, they sound so similar it's ridiculous.

Ali Project did first endings of both seasons
#1: "Yūkyō Seishunka" (勇侠青春謳) by Ali Project (eps 1-12)
#2: "Waga Routashi Aku no Hana" by ALI PROJECT
Feb 4, 2012 12:35 PM

Dec 2010
Yes, it's Ali Project. All of their damn songs sound the same.
Feb 4, 2012 12:49 PM

Sep 2010
I like the vaguely creepy mystery vibe they have going on, but whenever the OP starts it completely destroys the feeling.

Doesn't the OP start before the establishment of the mystery vibe and then just plays with the creepy visuals?
It's not like the music playing is "Pop goes the weasel" or something. Music + Visuals is what makes the OP creepy. Higurashi and Umineko bother had music similar to Another where the beat was fast in pace and the lyrics were creepy.

I have same feeling, but this anime is still overrated.

What does that even have to do with the topic?

Feb 4, 2012 4:09 PM

Apr 2009
Well, the OP sure fits the horror theme. Since it's horribly bad.

Alas, good anime openings are fairly rare. Most it just this awful j-pop.
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.
Feb 4, 2012 4:43 PM

Oct 2010
Well, if you know the lyrics then the OP fits. Also, it's Ali Project. Their style is darkwave and neoclassical, so of course it makes you want to dance.

Anyway, I love the OP to this series.

Honestly I think that if you are familiar with Ali Project and their style then this OP doesn't bother you and it fits. If you aren't, then it doesn't fit to you.
misspinkredrosesFeb 5, 2012 6:49 AM
Feb 4, 2012 6:01 PM

Sep 2011
I somewhat really like the OP for this anime, and I personally think it fits well. Don't think there's anything wrong with it...
Feb 4, 2012 6:10 PM

Jun 2009
out of the place!
Feb 4, 2012 6:54 PM

May 2010
Meh don't like it either. The singer sounds like a rejected Kalafina applicant. Also, the OP reminds me of Rozen Maiden and it's not helping that Mei's eyes are like Suiseiseki's. And then the dolls...
Feb 5, 2012 6:00 AM

Oct 2010
stormgoddess said:
Meh don't like it either. The singer sounds like a rejected Kalafina applicant. Also, the OP reminds me of Rozen Maiden and it's not helping that Mei's eyes are like Suiseiseki's. And then the dolls...

Ali Project predates Kalafina by many years. They also were the ones who sung the openings to Rozen Maiden.
Feb 5, 2012 6:07 AM

Mar 2011
yes
Feb 5, 2012 7:33 AM

May 2010
misspinkredroses said:
stormgoddess said:

Ali Project predates Kalafina by many years. They also were the ones who sung the openings to Rozen Maiden.

LOL I know. I was just stating how I dislike Ali Project by comparing them to a band that I found similar.
Feb 5, 2012 1:44 PM

Apr 2009
Ugh, never was a fan of Ali Project. Same problem here as with Shigofumi. Both slow, kind of dark anime with their fair share of disturbing moments and some supernaturalness in them. Both with an Ali Project opening that messes up the atmosphere of the show whenever you hear it.

Feb 5, 2012 1:47 PM
Nov 2010
stormgoddess said:

Just when I thought this anime couldn't remind me more of Rozen Maiden, now I hear that the OPs apparently sound the same...
Feb 8, 2012 7:26 AM

Jul 2011
I like the song but it's makes me feel sexy and hot, everytime the opening is playing, i start dancing on my table while stripping my clothes off..

that's why i hate the opening..

Anime_Name said:

Doesn't the OP start before the establishment of the mystery vibe and then just plays with the creepy visuals?
It's not like the music playing is "Pop goes the weasel" or something. Music + Visuals is what makes the OP creepy. Higurashi and Umineko bother had music similar to Another where the beat was fast in pace and the lyrics were creepy.

Yes, Higurashi maybe have an upbeat OP music, but somehow it still quite creepy, and fit with the weird atmosphere of the anime, while this on eis just completely out of place..
Feb 8, 2012 7:56 AM

Feb 2012
The OP has grown on me since the first episode. At least, I think it has.

Honestly, I think I have just become used to a certain type of opening for violent / creepy / horror themed shows and hearing something like this was out of place in the sense that hearing a good song on the radio is out of place. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just something I'm not used to.

I didn't expect there to be such a massive amount of negative feedback on the OP, it's not like it's some kind of j-pop jingly tune. It has some mystery flare to it, and listening to it hasn't ruined the "mood" for me.

All in all, my impression is more of a *shrug* than anything else.
Feb 8, 2012 8:13 AM

Aug 2011
Just when I was thinking "The only thing they need to fix is the OP..."

The OP is fucking terrible. It's the only bad thing about the series. Sure, the lyrics fit, but it doesn't matter if it sounds terrible and completely destroys the mood with it's unfitting pace, tone, and vibe.

Ali Project tends to just suck in general and gunks up anime with their generic suckiness. The only song I've heard by them that wasn't terrible was Jigoku no Mon.

millo said:
Yes, Higurashi maybe have an upbeat OP music, but somehow it still quite creepy, and fit with the weird atmosphere of the anime, while this on eis just completely out of place..
Higurashi OP was anything but upbeat. It was cold and creepy and eerie and perfectly set/fit the mood. I wish there was a song more like that for Another.
DraconisMarchFeb 8, 2012 8:16 AM
Feb 8, 2012 10:22 AM
Feb 2012
To be honest, almost all of j-pop music used in anime is crap for my taste... This one is no different but they haven't even tried to match the atmosphere just a bit...

Opening for Ergo Proxy was pure win though.

Back to Another, Kow Otani's music is great so far, couldn't expect anything less from him.
Feb 8, 2012 10:25 AM

Dec 2009
I love the opening. There I said it!

One of the better openings this season.
Feb 8, 2012 12:03 PM

Sep 2011
DraconisMarch said:
Higurashi OP was anything but upbeat. It was cold and creepy and eerie and perfectly set/fit the mood.

lol i kid i kid i know your refering to the other 2 ops.

fuck this show.......seriously fuck it.........no seriously FUCK THIS SHOW!!! I DIDNT EVEN LIKE HIGURASHI AND I STILL FEEL BETRAYED

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 8, 2012 12:46 PM

Apr 2008
Too upbeat indeed.
Even if the lyrics fits the anime, the instrumental doesn`t ;)
And so what if it`s Ali Project :P (Who the heck is that?)

Feb 8, 2012 2:33 PM

Aug 2011
Des said:
And so what if it`s Ali Project :P (Who the heck is that?)
Clearly a bad music group whose habit is trying to make anime look bad by performing their theme songs.
Feb 8, 2012 7:30 PM

Jun 2009
I agree completely! It's not a bad op it just doesn't fit this show. It seems like it should be for a mecha or something, but definitely not a horror themed anime.
[/center]
Feb 8, 2012 9:00 PM

Jun 2008
notsureifsrs said:
Yes, it's Ali Project. All of their damn songs sound the same.

Try Pastel Pure, Maria-sama ga Miteru's OP. It's a little different.
Feb 9, 2012 1:06 AM

Sep 2010
Too upbeat indeed.

It's not upbeat. Papakiki's OP is upbeat. Bodacious Pirates' OP is upbeat.
Another just a fast tempo, which combined with the lyrics and visuals comes off as creepy. The instrumental sounds like that kind of cybergoth/trance music that pops in horror movie trailers to get teens attention.

Feb 9, 2012 5:11 AM

Mar 2011
I'm sorry whenever i listen to the OP it reminds me of this:

Seriously, who the fuck thought a Russian Polka theme would fit the OP OF A JAPANESE HORROR ANIME?!!!
Feb 9, 2012 5:25 AM

May 2009
Well, the OP is IMO not too bad, but there are certainly better ones out there. It has some kind of mystery feel to it, but I agree that it doesn't fit the rest of the soundtrack or the horror vibe of the anime. I prefer to just skip it.

Just when I thought this anime couldn't remind me more of Rozen Maiden, now I hear that the OPs apparently sound the same...

Both have a it has a doll (and rose) theme going on, but I never once thought of Rozen Maiden while watching this. Except when I heard the OP, it was obvious that both series' OP's were performed by the same artist.
Feb 9, 2012 5:26 AM

Dec 2011
I love the op and I don't think it's unfitting at all.
The only thing is that I can't help it but thinking of Rozen Maiden when I watch it, because the songs are really similar and there are dolls everywhere.
Feb 9, 2012 6:10 AM

Apr 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

God. Why?
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.
Feb 12, 2012 10:26 AM

Aug 2009
I like the OP which is odd because I don't like Ali Project, but it does sound more like it belongs in a Castlevania game than a moody mystery/thriller series like Another
Feb 13, 2012 2:19 AM

Dec 2009
ChapsTheDuder said:
I like the OP which is odd because I don't like Ali Project, but it does sound more like it belongs in a Castlevania game than a moody mystery/thriller series like Another

This.
Also, search the "Strings Version" of the opening song, it's way better.
Feb 13, 2012 6:24 AM

Feb 2009
It does sound a little but I think it's okay. The ending is the one that sounds out of place for me...
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Feb 14, 2012 12:47 PM

Apr 2011
OP is still good to me!!
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Feb 14, 2012 1:00 PM

May 2011
I don't like the OP at all. It is out of place, and I just can't bring myself to like the song itself either. If only all anime that were going for the creepy vibes had as good OPs as Higurashi. :<
Feb 14, 2012 6:23 PM

Feb 2012
I agree. A series like this would benefit more from a dark ambient song. Or even some downtempo chamber music.
Every minute you are thinking of evil, you might have been thinking of good instead. Refuse to pander to a morbid interest in your own misdeeds. Pick yourself up, be sorry, shake yourself, and go on again.
Evelyn Underhill

Feb 14, 2012 6:38 PM

Sep 2011
i always felt something like this fit the show's op more than the open we got

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 15, 2012 12:27 AM
Jan 2011
the OP makes the anime seem less serious which i dont like. it doesnt totally ruin the show i dont have anything against ali project but it just doesnt seem right. i wont go as far as saying its terrible but they could have picked something more...
as for the ED i really like the song but i dont think it fits either. would prefer something darker and more eerie.
Feb 15, 2012 12:27 AM

Dec 2011
Despite what I wrote before, after listening to the opening for few more times I realized that it's actually pretty good and creepy...

What I first noticed and didn't like was the tempo, and after that I didn't actually listen to it.

Yes, it is fast paced and at first hearing it sounds dumb, but then it slows down a little and we hear that creepy voice (of the woman who sings it), then some very creepy music and again we get faster tempo, but this time it's quite suitable for anime...

And combine it with scenes showed in OP, and you understand that it's not actually that bad... I got addicted to it now... Like the ending of Highschool DxD...
Feb 16, 2012 3:24 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah, Ali Project's songs have always been....questionable.
The ending is perfect though.
AzureBluesFeb 28, 2012 5:10 PM
Feb 16, 2012 7:16 PM

Feb 2012
I think the biggest problem with the OP is that it was the last thing I was expecting after the first episode's intro. I've since settled into it.

It's a very typical Katakura composition; it's going to be divisive by nature.
Feb 16, 2012 8:35 PM

Jun 2009
Xayoz said:
Well, the OP sure fits the horror theme. Since it's horribly bad.

Alas, good anime openings are fairly rare. Most it just this awful j-pop.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this "j-pop" it's just your average cheesy, nice and dandy song you could hear on a party or maybe by your young siblings, sing along with your friends while chatting on how well the song suited the disco last night, that's the kind of song it is, what a happy song!
Feb 22, 2012 10:54 PM

Feb 2011
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the OP is absolute shit. It completely ruins the mood.

The ED more than makes up for it, though. Goddamn, what a song, that "Anamnesis".
Feb 23, 2012 2:45 AM

Aug 2011
Another's OP is the best Ali Project song I ever heard - it almost doesn't me cringe, haha! To be honest I only heard a couple more songs from them, the ones from Code Geass and Rozen Maiden and the only good thing I can say about those songs is that they have an instantly recognizable style, though in this particular case it may not be a complement.

On the other hand, ED is very cool
Hobo_HeiFeb 23, 2012 4:11 AM
Feb 23, 2012 3:01 AM

May 2010
Just what you'd get from Ali Project. Dantalian no Shoka's ED is more fitting for Another.
Feb 23, 2012 7:07 AM

Feb 2012
JohnnyStaccato said:
To be honest I only heard a couple more songs from them, the ones from Code Geass and Rozen Maiden and the only good thing I can say about those songs is that they have an instantly recognizable style, though in this particular case it may not be a complement.

It always makes me sad that the extent of most people's exposure to ALI PROJECT is their anisons, which are their worst. If you go deeper into their catalog, there're actually some beautiful compositions and arrangements -- like their strings albums. Kamigami no Tasogare is one of my favorite albums.

I dislike the OP. It's growing on me with each episode, but I still dislike it.
Feb 23, 2012 10:40 AM

Jul 2010
eye twitches

s-stop it

stop insulting ali project
Feb 23, 2012 11:06 AM

Apr 2011
It's just you...

the OP is GREAT STUFF!!
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Feb 23, 2012 11:17 AM

Aug 2011
Hakuromatsu said:

It always makes me sad that the extent of most people's exposure to ALI PROJECT is their anisons, which are their worst. If you go deeper into their catalog, there're actually some beautiful compositions and arrangements -- like their strings albums.

Ok, I'll bear that in mind
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

538 by 0ddi_ »»
May 23, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1043 by NoviSun »»
May 21, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CuriousThing - Feb 20, 2012

372 by BertBert »»
May 21, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

666 by BertBert »»
May 21, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ilikeyouevenmore - Jan 16, 2012

383 by BertBert »»
May 21, 2:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.