Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 4, 2008 11:17 PM

Nov 2007
topic.

also, I go outside my habitat like, 2-4 time a month for random reasons, that also, while finding as many shade as I could and with the least probability of meeting someone I know.
"Haruhi stood in front of a sign that says "Don't feed the pigeons," she then began to openly throw bread crumbs around like a gardener determined to make the wilting flowers blossom again. All I could say about this is that she's probably illiterate." - Kyon 2:3

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 5, 2008 1:38 AM

Mar 2008
well Ive been trying to just hang out in my yard a little to get some sun lol but that doesnt count.......

......I go places like maybe less than once a week or two or three...but even then its with my family so I dont count it for anything
Jul 7, 2008 11:37 PM

Mar 2008
^my parents are the cause and they barely notice, my mom keeps trying to make me go with her places but I dont want to go with her I want to go with friends and stuff...............I dont want to go on about this lol
Jul 8, 2008 11:04 PM

Nov 2007
I went to see Hancock today, so I guess I get out occasionally. But I've noticed that I've probably transferred to freeter status recently. I guess I don't fit in here as I used to hehe.
Jul 9, 2008 1:00 AM

Nov 2007
traed said:
^my parents are the cause and they barely notice, my mom keeps trying to make me go with her places but I dont want to go with her I want to go with friends and stuff...............I dont want to go on about this lol

Well isn't the first step of curing 'our disease' is by admitting our conditions first?

I went out for quite sometime today, doing administration for my new uni, and with alot of protection from the cloud and rain, so I didn't felt really bad today.
"Haruhi stood in front of a sign that says "Don't feed the pigeons," she then began to openly throw bread crumbs around like a gardener determined to make the wilting flowers blossom again. All I could say about this is that she's probably illiterate." - Kyon 2:3

Jul 9, 2008 1:13 AM

Mar 2008
Advyn said:
traed said:

Well isn't the first step of curing 'our disease' is by admitting our conditions first?

I went out for quite sometime today, doing administration for my new uni, and with alot of protection from the cloud and rain, so I didn't felt really bad today.

well I do say stuff all the time to people, it just makes me look bad.........the short version is a highly overprotective, very nosy, highly judgmental parent, who messed me up from it, its not rules its a mental trap
Jul 9, 2008 5:28 PM

Nov 2007
traed said:
Advyn said:
traed said:

well I do say stuff all the time to people, it just makes me look bad.........the short version is a highly overprotective, very nosy, highly judgmental parent, who messed me up from it, its not rules its a mental trap

>highly overprotective
So you're trying to say here that you do home schooling? wow!

Well, at least your problem is outside your body my friend, would you like it better if it why you have this problem because it was tattooed to your DNA? like me.

In any case, and by any chance, can you disappear/limit your contact with your parents if you move out and go independent?

Jul 9, 2008 9:45 PM

Mar 2008
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Its also in my head a little from habit and mental breakdown of things

im not home schooled, I graduated High school and didnt go to college

I cant go away because im used to it and I have no job to make money and I have no close friends to live with and I hate any conflict at all so .......
Jul 10, 2008 6:13 AM

Nov 2007
traed said:

I cant go away because im used to it and I have no job to make money and I have no close friends to live with and I hate any conflict at all so .......

>.< Ouch..

Not going to ask why you didn't go to college, but in my side of the world, if you don't get at least a degree, it's hard to find a non-operational job (I only have a Diploma now)

OK, so now we know what you don't have or like, try identifying things that you do have. Also, conflicts are good, you can see for yourself that without conflicts, anime plots are going nowhere.

Jul 10, 2008 11:54 AM

Mar 2008
Advyn said:
traed said:

>.< Ouch..

Not going to ask why you didn't go to college, but in my side of the world, if you don't get at least a degree, it's hard to find a non-operational job (I only have a Diploma now)

OK, so now we know what you don't have or like, try identifying things that you do have. Also, conflicts are good, you can see for yourself that without conflicts, anime plots are going nowhere.

I dont realy have anything I care about since people is what I really care about, all I got is a few people I talk to online and a major problem with one of them. I am very non angry and non violent so thats why I hate conflict, I cant take it well.
Jul 12, 2008 5:11 AM
Sep 2007
well i have school from monday to friday so that means i have to go out but on weekends i rarely go out.i only go to my back garden other than that watch anime,play psp,listen to music n sleep.
Jul 12, 2008 8:11 PM

Nov 2007
chibi04 said:
well i have school from monday to friday so that means i have to go out but on weekends i rarely go out.i only go to my back garden other than that watch anime,play psp,listen to music n sleep.

Well Satou does that too, until he 'awakens' lol

Just make sure you grow up without a conspiracy theorist sophomore ;p

Jul 13, 2008 12:36 PM
Sep 2007
Advyn said:
chibi04 said:

Well Satou does that too, until he 'awakens' lol

Just make sure you grow up without a conspiracy theorist sophomore ;p

oh ok thanx...
^_^
Jul 20, 2008 3:03 PM

Dec 2007
only to get food
Jul 21, 2008 9:36 AM

Nov 2007
Miu-nya said:
only to get food

So you're trying to say that you never went outside for whatever reason for a very long time? Not even once in a red moon?

Jul 22, 2008 3:39 AM

Dec 2007
Advyn said:
Miu-nya said:
only to get food

So you're trying to say that you never went outside for whatever reason for a very long time? Not even once in a red moon?
to pay rent & trash takeout but thats still kinda inside
been trying to get outside more with interviews =<
Jul 26, 2008 1:02 PM

Nov 2007
Uni life sux. Seriously. I went out 4 days/week and all my classes starts, at the earliest, 11 at noon, which sux big time coz the sun is just perfect to fry me to dust.

Anyway, so how far have you ventured out of that lil space you've been seeing for most of your time? ;p

Aug 12, 2008 9:33 PM

May 2008
one or twice a week... when I have therapy.

I'm new at NHK world.
I quit college on my second year, ten months ago.
Aug 14, 2008 5:14 PM

Mar 2008
therapy, they should get you out........maybe lol
Aug 15, 2008 4:56 AM

Nov 2007
LOLWUT? Theraphy? How bad could it be?

I think I've been venturing outside too many times for the past month, I thought I'm cured from being a Hikikomori. As I said, I thought. During times without classes, it's back to 'My Room, My Heaven'

Sep 29, 2008 10:49 AM

Jun 2008
once a week for me. but it's not because I want to
Oct 27, 2008 1:57 PM

Feb 2008
I haven't been outside in close to two months.

True story.
Nov 1, 2008 3:46 PM

Nov 2007
I have to get out on weekdays to go to school. I don't really talk to anyone there though, unless I'm forced to give an oral report, or called upon by the teacher..

I go to stores every once in a while too, but other than that, I don't get outside of home.
Nov 1, 2008 11:36 PM

Mar 2008
sonicspin said:
I have to get out on weekdays to go to school. I don't really talk to anyone there though, unless I'm forced to give an oral report, or called upon by the teacher..

I go to stores every once in a while too, but other than that, I don't get outside of home.

you could try and talk to someone, its lonely not to ya know..... not that hard a thing to do really
Nov 4, 2008 5:27 PM

Nov 2007
traed said:
sonicspin said:

you could try and talk to someone, its lonely not to ya know..... not that hard a thing to do really

Well, I haven't been really "social" outside since 5th grade, so it's kind of hard to break the habit. Plus I do have a few friends outside of school.
Nov 14, 2008 8:22 AM

Jan 2008
I'm only outside my house when I want to buy some new anime, manga, or video games.
Dec 2, 2008 8:09 AM
May 2007
I only go out side for 2 reasons.
1- in the morning I go to school and 30min after it ended iam back in my room
2- when Iam hungry
Dec 4, 2008 7:40 AM

Nov 2007
I'm not a hikikomori anymore, since I got a part time job, where i need to travel under the sun for a torturing 900 seconds to get there. But other than that and college, I still hide in the safety of my room.

Jan 3, 2009 2:39 AM

Sep 2008
During the school season I go out only to go to school.
Jan 11, 2009 6:35 PM

Aug 2008
Either for school or to go to the music store to buy some strings, or even the deli but overall nothing else.
Jan 23, 2009 12:38 AM

May 2008
I go out after dark or in the very early morning hours for exercise sometimes.. although during winter I do it inside more often.. aside from that, I only go out for buying food, or if my family is forcing me to go to something, which usually inevitably ends up being really awkward no matter what it is. I also teach a couple little girls weekly.. I don't like doing it but my parents basically promised to their friend that I would do it, without bothering to ask me if I wanted to.. and they continue to guilt me into doing it because the kids get upset if I don't. I'm always glad once I get that over with, although at least it's just dealing with little kids, they're really affectionate and non-judgmental as expected for 5-8 year old girls. Being social is tiring on me because I'm always lying and faking my personality and being cautious of what I say and do.
Feb 3, 2009 5:48 AM

Nov 2007
Myrrys said:
Hello. First post and all of that.

I go "out" between 3 and 5 times a week based on my work schedule. I cook hot food, prepare salads and wash dishes at a local delicatessen, so all of that time is spent stuffed in a tiny, stainless steel back room or in front of a hot oven and set of deep fryers. I keep out of the way of everybody else because they have a habit of looking at me like I'm insane if I ever make eye contact with them. I do whatever shopping is necessary directly after work once per week.

The rest of the time I have is spent at home with my curtains drawn and door shut and locked tightly behind me. I don't mind the lack of Vitamin D so much.

>my work schedule
>hikikomori
That does not compute!

Feb 15, 2009 10:19 AM

Sep 2007
only if its a necessity (food, cleaning items) other than that - no.
Mar 27, 2009 6:20 PM

Sep 2008
I have been a Hikikomori for about 3 years now. I live in an apartment that is provided buy a program for mentally ill young people (I have Schizophrenia and I am also a high functioning autistic). But yeah part of my problem is I have an apartment that is paid for by the government and I also get social security income for food and stuff so I have no real need to stop being a Hikikomori... I leave my apartment like once or twice a month to go down the street to the convenience store for food but its always at like 3 or 4 am and I have headphones on so I don't talk with anyone I just grab some food and give the cashier the money.
Apr 16, 2009 4:04 PM

Jan 2008
After reading some posts I see many of you have a hard life. Well I'm not a "real" Hikikomori. I don't go outside so often, but I meet many friends in holidays and after school and go outside for walking or rideing my bike. I'm not so social but i'm happy i have friends who can i meet all the time. But I realy hate the society, with whose rules and cultural and social norms. I feel like everybody watching on me 'cause i'm different. Think that the people talk about me bady, but actually it doesn't care me. I do my think and dream my dream. I have frieds and a family.
Well now back to the topic... go only out:
1) meeting friends
2) need to buy something
3) my parents force me to ^^ (visiting some relatives)

Jun 1, 2009 6:35 PM

Oct 2008
Only when I pushed by my mom to go and shop with her. I do get really nervous though, especially when she takes me to a shopping mall...
Jun 2, 2009 4:48 AM

Jun 2009
I guess I'm not what you would call a true hikikomori though I feel like one or at the verge of becoming one lol
I'm a university student but I rarely go out. Only for the exames and such. I do NOT like to go out with friends at night and shit. They drag me though.
I do buy my own food and live in an apartment paid by my parents. And yes, my grades haven't been good latelly but I'm trying to turn it around :)
Jun 24, 2009 12:36 PM

May 2008
I go outside when I must... to school, 20 times in month... But from begin the holidays I been 0 times outside... It almost week or two
Jun 24, 2009 5:46 PM
Jul 2018
um the last time I went out other than going to college 3 times a week was...about 5 years ago I think I hate going outside its so boring and cold (in Arbroath where I stay) I’m 17 I should probably go out places with my friends ect but I would just rather sit on the computer and play games/ watch anime than go out. I only realised yesterday that I was a Hikikomori after I watched the anime chaos;head the main character is partially me (though I doing think everyone is trying to kill me.....)
Jun 24, 2009 10:15 PM

Aug 2007
I only go out to to pick up my packages from the post office, run errands, go to the salon, shop for necessities no one will buy for me and sometimes on Friday nights for food. Otherwise I wouldn't be caught outside, I really do not like the heat and the sun burn, plus sweating it causes me.

I've re-applied to my university earlier this year and got accepted, it will take effort to leave home on a regular basis again but its something I must do, but I will take night classes where possible...
Jun 27, 2009 5:33 AM
Jul 2018
i go outside 4-5times a month in the best case.i guess it s not anything extreme for you..in winter i dont go out at all though..
Jul 29, 2009 5:41 PM

Nov 2008
Sometimes not much, been a Hikikomori for 3 years now i think. My record is this year, i have been out like 15 times already XD Hikikomori life sux really, havent had any friends for like 3 years str8 now. Well it was one, but we only meet 1 time. :3

Well its kinda booring isnt it? The days are like waiting for a new naruto to come out or something like that, or some manga/game from fedex..

I hate all weather except rain.. so i will prob go out when it rains, all the ppl are inside anyway XD

It started when i lived with that girl 2 years, jumped off school couse she had some troubles in hers, so i was going to search for her school the next year but she dumped me :( And boom!! Hikikomori life, i dont need to go out to get food couse i live with my grandparents XD but its been 10years, so i lived here when i was a social being anyway.

And im going kinda Otaku the last year XD but yeah its pretty normal for a Hikikomori right?.. Im going to a anime con next year anyway Woo hoo? Or maybe not so wooho, depends XD Cosplay..Satou ofcourse? :3 Can be normal and at the same time act like the character XD Awesome!!

But ppl doesnt scare me or well yeah.. it can be troublesome sometimes.. And if i do something wrong i will think of it even a year later XD i got a good memori 2.. so.. darn it!

Ive tried to start with study again but.. darn it XD it wont work.. o go for like 2 hours a day in a mounth or something.. then i drop.. hah XD Yeah but i think it will turn out just fine soon.. Im been kinda much out lately and in the capital so.. Yeah! but now it gets cold again soon (Sweden you know) so i will prob be inside the hold half year :3 But i will try to go out to anime con's more and more, meet ppl and that. The biggest problem = i dont got money for it really XD or yeah i got kinda muchi muchi games, so i can sell them like always. It kinda hurts to do that doh.
Jul 29, 2009 7:25 PM

Jul 2009
I get out of the house at least once a week to spend time with the only friend I have left.....other then that I only get out every now and then but I'm not the kind of Hikikomori that is afraid of people(I don't like people and it's hard for me to talk to people too..) so I don't mind going out a whole lot.

Close the world,
.txƎᴎ ɘht ᴎɘpO
Aug 7, 2009 9:21 PM

May 2009
Usually once a week. I never go any where far away from home anymore. Feels good man.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2009 1:44 AM

Aug 2009
I try to only go out at night....

I'm only out during the day for necessity reason or when a friend drags me out.
Aug 26, 2009 1:44 AM
Aug 2009
Besides going to Institute where I study, all the free time I spend at home. I have only 1 friend and we see each other like 1 time a month, and it may not be exactly 'outside', he can just visit me. But I'm ok with that, anyway nothing in my life's going to happen to change it to a 'good' way of living.
Nov 24, 2013 6:57 AM

Nov 2013
I've been living as a hikikomori for 2 years.. almost 3 and i just go out when it's necessary. This kind of life is really tired.
Nov 25, 2013 4:15 PM
Jun 2013
I'm living like some kind of hikikomori for about a month now. I get out almost everyday, but only to jog a little toward the mountains around my mother's house, or to buy some stuffs in late afternoon. When my childhood friends came back from their studies (during holydays), I go out with them with pleasure, but the rest of the time, I don't feel like it. Don't want to mix up with people. Recently, I took some driving lesson for one or two hours on some days, then came back home and put my pajama on again. But as I said, I live at my mother's house actually, and she wants me to get a job. I don't want, but I have to. No work seems to fit me and I don't want to be forced to go out and see people on every days while doing things I don't like. I just want to read mangas, comics and visual novels or watch animes, I don't give a damn about society, jobs or the outside world, nor it did about me.
Feb 14, 2014 2:08 PM
Jun 2012
I only go out to school, to which I have been absent for about 2 weeks in a row, and about 3 months of accumulated absences...really don't know why I haven't been kicked out yet.
Oct 2, 2014 8:56 PM
Jun 2012
Haven't gone out for 8 months now, will go out in a couple months to move to another apartment tho.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» do you despise humans?

Kabuterimon - Jan 26, 2015

35 by Lost_Viking »»
Sep 11, 12:23 AM

» Which would you consider yourself? Which is appropriate?

Voki - Feb 11, 2015

26 by Lost_Viking »»
Sep 11, 12:22 AM

» Have you chosen your nick?

Heko - Mar 20, 2015

30 by kirasan06 »»
Jul 2, 9:59 AM

» How many of you like the outdoors or nature?

traed - Aug 7, 2023

13 by traed »»
Jun 14, 3:47 PM

» What do you practice and learn?

Butterfly_White - Mar 13, 2023

6 by Otakulover99 »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.