Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 8, 2011 6:50 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I watched it in the theater today because it was premiered in Taiwan today. It was not so scary like the last movie because it had more comedy in this with the Detective Boys.

I saw Paku Romi-san's name at the ending, which she did one of the characters' voice, but I didn't realize it at all!!

Guest seiyuu for this time, a War site photographer, doing a slow talk police officer was lol~

No announcement as for more movie next year, but I'm sure there will be.
tsubasaloverJul 8, 2011 8:58 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 13, 2011 10:41 PM

Feb 2009
Well, I managed to spoil myself by looking through Youtube clips and seeing the scene where Conan gets buried by an avalanche. Although this was the only scene I saw, it was still pretty emotional, especially watching Ran go ballistic looking for him. That right there made me want to watch the whole film.
Oct 15, 2011 7:08 PM

Jun 2011
(L)
Conan-kun don't die!!
Although I didn't like the mystery
It was sad and touching in some ways

Movie 16 confirmed as well!
(Last scene on Blu-ray/DVD)
Oct 22, 2011 7:16 PM

Dec 2010
Just finished, AWESOME!!!!

Conan is the hero, man!!!
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Oct 25, 2011 4:12 AM

Jun 2011
Kipcha said:
Well, I managed to spoil myself by looking through Youtube clips and seeing the scene where Conan gets buried by an avalanche. Although this was the only scene I saw, it was still pretty emotional, especially watching Ran go ballistic looking for him. That right there made me want to watch the whole film.

yeah. I awwed at that part too. almost brought me to tears. I watched the whole movie though after it was released last week. I just can't let myself be tempted with spoilers! :)) The movie was awesome. As usual, our Conan-kun saved the day! But this time, it's more heroic~
"Them who looks blind at ANIME, looks blind at SALVATION."
Oct 26, 2011 3:37 PM

Sep 2011
Can't wait to watch this since I really enjoyed the previous movie~Concept sounds really neat too
Oct 26, 2011 5:42 PM

Jan 2008
Just finished it. Not quite as many action packed moments as the previous movie but still great overall.
Oct 26, 2011 11:59 PM

Jul 2009
A big disappointment. Are they ever gonna top Raven Chaser? =_="

Although... this is still a DC movie. It was quite enjoyable.
Oct 27, 2011 12:36 AM
Sep 2011
Bettern than 13 and far far far far [...] better than the horrible and crappy 14.
Oct 27, 2011 12:37 AM
Jul 2009
WoofSadaharu said:

Although... this is still a DC movie. It was quite enjoyable.

Similar sentiments here. I'll never get bored of the DC movie elements!
Oct 27, 2011 1:51 AM

Nov 2008
why can't there be a conan movie without Ran Mori
Oct 27, 2011 2:19 AM
Sep 2011
conankudo said:

Because she's the main female character ?
Oct 27, 2011 3:38 AM

Jun 2008
WoofSadaharu said:

They already did with movies 3, 5 and 6.
Oct 27, 2011 4:10 AM
Sep 2011
ImperialX said:
WoofSadaharu said:

They already did with movies 3, 5 and 6.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 12 and 15.
Oct 27, 2011 4:27 AM

Nov 2008
Atamaaa said:
conankudo said:

Troll?

There are so many cases without Ran in the manga, even important ones (e.g. vol 58). This whole romance-shit with Shinichi and Ran in every movie is so annoying.
Oct 27, 2011 9:26 AM

Feb 2011
Well, it IS one of the main themes of the series, after all. Many fangirls are expecting that.

But I think, the romance part was cut pretty short, in this one. At least it was way more unimportant, then in most of the other movies.
Only in the end it was important. And even though, I neither hate nor love the romance stuff, I found it to be great this time. Very well made, in emotional aspect.
Oct 27, 2011 12:52 PM
Sep 2011
conankudo said:
Atamaaa said:
conankudo said:

Troll?

There are so many cases without Ran in the manga, even important ones (e.g. vol 58). This whole romance-shit with Shinichi and Ran in every movie is so annoying.

The manga and the movies are different. You have 45 files every year and only one movie, so you can have some files withouth Ran, but having a movie without her seems difficult, especially since the fans expect some Shinichi-Ran romance.
Oct 27, 2011 4:31 PM

Feb 2009
conankudo said:
Atamaaa said:
conankudo said:

Troll?

Because fangirls like me enjoy watching the Ran/Shinichi portion of the show :P You have plenty of episodes without Ran, and even more without hardly a mention of her, so go watch those if you want.
Oct 28, 2011 7:19 AM

Nov 2008
Good overall, conan movies are always welcome.
Oct 28, 2011 1:08 PM
Feb 2009
How conan manage to shoot the soccer ball at the end ?

That's the real mystery of this movie :)
Oct 28, 2011 2:04 PM

Jul 2011
I've only just started the movie, and I'm rather impressed with the 3D animation in the beginning.

They turned Conan into a superhero though, lol.
Oct 28, 2011 4:09 PM

Feb 2011
Rukodaime said:

He lied directly beneath the avalanche's surface.
So there are two possibilities:

1.) He used his last remaining strenght to shoot and passed out.
2.) His soccer-belt built up enough pressure, to launch it through.
My guess is Nr.2. Conan really didn't seem, as he had enough strength left, to move anymore.

Not really mysterious.
Oct 29, 2011 4:01 AM
Feb 2009
1.) He used his last remaining strenght to shoot and passed out.

First guess is impossible. Conan can't reach his shoes with his hands (and activate the device) and it was also impossible to shoot anyway (there was no room for kicking).

Your guess number 2 is probably what the people who realized the movie thought, but I can't help thinking it's so wrong. For me, after Conan used his belt, the ball should have inflated and since there was no room Conan should have been crushed.

But, I suck at physics, so... Thanks for the explanation.
Oct 29, 2011 4:47 PM

Feb 2011
It's not impossible, if you keep in mind, that he lied beneath the surface and the ball may've opened a gap, for him to shoot from.
Oct 29, 2011 9:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Next movie (16th) looks like it's going to be a soccer stadium?

So next time, they are going to blow up an arena? :D
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 30, 2011 8:46 AM
Feb 2010
wakka9ca said:

Source? :)
I don't have any kind words to spare to someone who already has all the reason in the world to feel good about himself.
*my blog*
Oct 30, 2011 8:56 AM

Feb 2011
wakka9ca said:

So next time, they are going to blow up an arena? :D

If that's true, I just hope, it won't be as lame, as the Tennis in London-Special. D:
Oct 30, 2011 11:41 AM

Feb 2009
Nice movie. Worth the wait, but with each new movie it seems Conan get more and more dangerous situation.
Nov 3, 2011 7:17 PM

Nov 2010
I approve of the amount of Haibara x Conan in this movie (dat snowboard ride), but there can always be more.
Nov 5, 2011 2:31 PM

Sep 2010
roankun said:
wakka9ca said:

Source? :)

Watch after the credits.
The grass field could be any number of sports but a soccer stadium seems like a logical guess.

Nov 6, 2011 1:03 PM

Jan 2008
Kalamity-kun said:
I approve of the amount of Haibara x Conan in this movie (dat snowboard ride), but there can always be more.

Though Conan waved it off pretty nonchalantly lol xD

As always, enjoyed the movie, though I felt like something was amiss, but can't put my finger on it....Oh, well. =D Looking forward to the next one already.

Besides, if you're complaining about Shin x Ran romance in general....this is ridiculous, it's been a premise of the show from the friggin' first episode! Don't act like you didn't know you'd be buying that in the package ¬ (´ー`)┌

Nov 21, 2011 3:23 PM

Jun 2009
Kipcha said:

Because fangirls like me enjoy watching the Ran/Shinichi portion of the show :P You have plenty of episodes without Ran, and even more without hardly a mention of her, so go watch those if you want.

Agreed
Nov 21, 2011 10:04 PM

Oct 2010
Conan movie is supposely to be focus at the deduction and mystery part but recently it become more and more focus at the action part.I'm a little bit dissapointed at recent Conan movie since movie 12 full score of fear.
Signature Removed
Nov 22, 2011 4:54 AM
Sep 2011
groundfish said:
Conan movie is supposely to be focus at the deduction and mystery part but recently it become more and more focus at the action part.I'm a little bit dissapointed at recent Conan movie since movie 12 full score of fear.

Me too.

But most people want action, so...
Nov 23, 2011 6:34 PM

Jun 2011
Kipcha said:
conankudo said:
Atamaaa said:
conankudo said:

Troll?

I agree with Kipcha. Also, what would be Kudo's life if it's all about solving mysteries anyway? Man, that would be boring... He's human too you know. Just let him experience love once in a while.

Lastly, this romance-shit you're talking about is actually an integral part of the story if you ask me. Solving any kind of mystery can be a peice of cake for Shinichi... but when it comes to the mystery of love which is the tough case of Ran (ep 621), he doesn't even have a clue. That makes Ran's HEART the toughest case Shinichi has yet to solve.

Now that solves the importance of Ran in this anime.
Momo-HimeNov 23, 2011 7:26 PM
"Them who looks blind at ANIME, looks blind at SALVATION."
Nov 24, 2011 7:08 AM

Mar 2008
what i like about this movie, is the epic skateboarding, heck even professionals will be awestrucked by our hero's talents xD
Nov 24, 2011 12:19 PM

Nov 2010
misaseh098 said:
what i like about this movie, is the epic skateboarding, heck even professionals will be awestrucked by our hero's talents xD

I have mixed feelings about stuff like that. On the one hand, it's cool to see someone kick-ass. On the other hand, it's really unrealistic that one person could excel in so many things simultaneously. It would normally take lots of hard work to achieve that kind of level, and anime/manga carelessly handing out pro-level skills like that make light of the hard work real people have to put effort to in order to achieve those levels.
Nov 24, 2011 2:49 PM

Feb 2009
Exkalamity said:
misaseh098 said:

I have mixed feelings about stuff like that. On the one hand, it's cool to see someone kick-ass. On the other hand, it's really unrealistic that one person could excel in so many things simultaneously. It would normally take lots of hard work to achieve that kind of level, and anime/manga carelessly handing out pro-level skills like that make light of the hard work real people have to put effort to in order to achieve those levels.

Pssh, Shinichi did work hard. He went on a trip to Hawaii to learn all this, didn't cha know? :P

Personally, I love seeing that he's so skilled at everything, it's like Shinichi is the ultimate kick-ass character.
Nov 30, 2011 10:56 AM

Jun 2011
Kalamity-kun said:

I actually laugh when Haibara said that Conan was too forward despite being a child (When Conan hugged Haibara during that snowboard ride).

This movie is more entertaining compared to the previous movies since this movie focuses more to action and suspense. However the mystery element dropped as the culprit and tricks used in this movie kinda simple.

I don't know if anyone already mentioned this but I too want that skate/snowboard!!
Nov 30, 2011 11:39 AM

Aug 2010
I think there are better Conan movies, although as always, Conan's actions are so cool! XD

Oh and I love that avalanche scene of Ran and Conan!
Dec 2, 2011 8:13 PM

Nov 2010
xD This movie was pretty fun, I skipped the mushy parts though, since I could sorta predict the romance scenes pretty easily (Is it just me or is the format for the romance almost always the same for the movies?).

Sort of surprised how much relevance Haibara-san had in this movie, xD. She had me cracking up with all her witty comments all over the place xD. Then there was the part when Haibara scolded the Shounen Tantei-dan, followed by Conan reiterating what she just said not too long ago XD. Kogoro and Shounen Tantei-dan really had me face-palming the whole time xD
May 12, 2012 6:38 AM

Sep 2007
This movie was pretty weak. It seemed to want to focus too much on action rather than on having an intelligent script. It's pretty obvious when Conan's IQ drops if Kogoro has to point out something very obvious (the footsteps in the snow).

And do they really need to shoehorn ShinichixRan romance into every movie...
Jun 16, 2012 11:01 PM
Apr 2012
Man, so much hate for this movie! I think it was quite alright.

As expected from a Conan movie, there was 100% more action than in the rest of the FRANCHISE, and a little bit less mystery-solving. But hey, after all these movies, we should learn to expect these kinds of things. I mean, it's not like Aoyama-sensei is in charge of the film scripts, is he?

Also HELL YES CONAN. As soon as you start watching the film, you know Conan will become an over-the-top badass hero, and this movie definitely DELIVERED. Twice, even, both at the beginning and the end.
Jun 28, 2012 5:52 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
God dammit. Love the tv series! BUt movies are just AMAZING!!! love this anime xD
Oct 12, 2012 6:21 AM

May 2012
I really dont know what to think about this movie... Maybe too much action for DC movie? Was it great or was it good? 8/10.
Feb 2, 2013 9:08 PM

Jul 2012
Nice movie. But, not enough mystery for me. The culprit was easy to decipher right after the death of the cheeky glasses guy.. Anyway, I liked the avalanche scene. Conan...What a boss! He can solve mysteries and SNOWBOARD like a pro. lol.
8.5/10 I guess. It'll be a 8/10 for now because of the last part and the awesome beginning.

Exkalamity said:

I agree ;D I liked that scene where she said "You're being quite forward for a kid, aren't you?"
I liked the Ran and Shinichi scene too.
*multishipper* /shot

Rukodaime said:

The belt he wears that can shoot out soccer balls?
MayukaFeb 2, 2013 9:14 PM
Sep 11, 2013 10:36 AM

Apr 2012
There is nothing Conan can't do. He should stop playing soccer and be a skater/snowboard pro.

Oh and in good Conan movie tradition everything was blowed up xD
Sep 11, 2013 8:42 PM

Jul 2013
Best movie to date I just watched this one and 16. I preferred this one he needed a fucking congressional medal of honor, he saved a town and still tricked Ran, into not finding out he was Shinichi.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Dec 29, 2013 4:34 PM
Mar 2011
I didn't really like it. The mystery had hardly an importance here. I don't understand why do they have to put bombs in the movies, Conan has to jump like Mario (and even fly) and someone from the main characters must almost die?
They don't need all this in DC movies, it's not the right way to make a mystery because everybody knows that in movies Edogawa will somehow survive. And if it's a movie without a good plot, without Kuroba and without Hattori, it becomes just an empty movie even if there is a lot of explosions.
Dec 29, 2013 4:54 PM

May 2012
I'm getting some kind of bullshit error when i'm trying to quote. Anyway...^ Yeah it's definitely the worst Conan movie for me now I've yet to see the newest 1 though, but this is the only movie i'm not bothering to rewatch again.
Although never say never, I guess.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Movie Discussion

gmgkng - Jul 8, 2011

3 by shiroi-ookami »»
Nov 19, 2011 5:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.