Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 18, 2023 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
In the most predictable style of storytelling, we got one last time for Aika to get together or at least bond with Wataru again. This time...at her own home! Fitting for a series' finale.

Feels like they had the most screen time in this episode than any others. Anyways, I think it was a sweet finale, a bit ..eh idk rushed in some ways but marketable. They've thrown in some fireworks almost like in a way to celebrate their relationship.
Sep 18, 2023 10:28 AM

Jul 2017
It's a raining day while both Wataru and Ichinose are working, and coincidentally, both Sasaki and Natsukawa came to the bookstore for shelter, though the latter throwing a fit like the usual because he's getting too close to other girls, and Wataru saving her from a fall, these two still have conflicting feelings towards each other going over to the latter's place, that both Mina and Sasaki had to hide themselves from the awkwardness.

Kei accompanies Wataru to Natsukawa's house, though complementing Kei's clothes, but Natsukawa's is even better. Introducing Airi to Sajo doesn't take long, because the 5-year-old has so much energy that she wants to cling onto him, wearing him out as the suppposed "older brother" while Kei and Airi just play along with the conversation, espeically Kei who likes to take it liberally, and Wataru having the Ashita no Joe posed look. But in front of Natsukawa's mother, it can seem awkward, and a bit of progress is good progress. As expected, Kei knows when to bail when the two of them had a good time.

The long walk where both Wataru and Natsukawa can be open towards each other, it seems that supply and demand have matched for each other through blessings of disguise, especially during the start of their schooling days, or if it's with friends. A sudden confession followed by fireworks that Natsukawa doesn't gel well with, she gets aggressive towards him, though that puts them in the awkward position of trying to try and date together, and while Wataru chickens out, Natsukawa gave him the assurance.

The couple has finally sailed, and while the school isn't watching them, they'd be best having fun themselves.

A decent adaptation of the LN, though it's rather lackluster.
KANLen09Sep 18, 2023 12:04 PM
Sep 18, 2023 10:38 AM

Dec 2021
One last bonding time with Aika and Sajo for the finale.

In the rain, Sajo arrives at work, and Aika stops by Sajo's part-time job once again to invite him over to her house. t's the first time Sajo visits Aika's house, where he spends a delightful time with her younger sister, Airi, and Ashida. On the way back, Aika, now enjoying a high school life with new friends and experiencing what she had once admired, feels that something is still missing from this enjoyable time. So Sajo and Aika embark on a stroll, their hearts unfolding towards one another. They share their respective experiences, culminating in the unexpected burst of fireworks that startle Natsukawa, causing her to instinctively cling to him. This moment of embarrassment prompts one of them to make a move, but Sajo hesitates, leaving Aika to gain some courage and reach for his hand.

I can't lie, this episode was actually pretty decent. Though comparing it to the other episodes, it's not that much of a feat. I'm gonna tell you right now, this anime is not worth watching. I've almost dropped this show on multiple occasions. The reason is simple. Nothing happens. The most intresting and memorable scene I'll remember from this anime is when the soccer ball went past Sajo's face. While I'll admit this anime reminded me of Bunny Girl Senpai to some extent, it falls short in many aspects. The humor lacks punch, and the story fails to captivate. Overall, there's just not much substance here. I won't be lamenting the absence of this anime in my watchlist. I'd rather endure watching the Bount arc of Bleach twelve times in a row than sit through these twelve episodes again.

I've heard some praise for the LN, so maybe it executes everything better. But anything is better than this anime at this point.
IzanaSolosSep 18, 2023 11:03 AM

Sep 18, 2023 10:41 AM

Oct 2011
sajou bonding with natsukawa at her place.

the.firework scene plus hand holding.

they are officially together
Sep 18, 2023 11:29 AM

Apr 2010
Well in the end they got closer but nothing final which was to be expected.
The anime itself could have been better it wasn't bad tho but i think it's on the level where most of us won't remember it in a year, harsh thing to say i know.
The character where pretty interesting but to little background about them i would have liked to know a bit more about the side characters as well.
Sep 18, 2023 11:33 AM

Feb 2023
Sasaki - 0, Aika - 1

Aika wins! The tsundere fans celebrating their win again! No Rin-senpai screen time tho sadge.

"Bocchi the Rock!" - Ijichi Nijika

Sep 18, 2023 11:39 AM

Aug 2017
After a rough start I liked it better. It felt rushed af and too random, as if they decided to flip a random page of the novel and start adapting it from there. The art and animation were also very underwhelming. But at least I appreciated some characters more like Sajo, Kei and Rin. Sasaki has a lovely voice btw.
Sep 18, 2023 11:55 AM

Feb 2019
Idk I still just can’t with the foundation of Aika and Sajo relationship. It may have been handled better in the books but the anime is what we’re evaluating here and what I saw here was lacklustre. Combined with my natural hatred of Tsunderes..

If they had introduced and developed her with the same energy they gave her today during the fireworks I’d probably feel different. It is what it is though, I didn’t hate the show. Just felt like it had potential and never really lived up to it. Credit where it’s due, the fireworks scene and handholding was cute.

They did nail the writing of wataru’s growth arc. Felt his jump from a loser to confident and reliable person was believable. The situation with his sister, Fuka and Rin being the highlights. His relationship with Aika also went from unhealthy glorification on his end to a mutually beneficial and healthy relationship.

Rin basically getting no screen time after her arc was a crime though. Such an interesting character that got shelved. Instead we get like 2-3 eps on Ichinose and her obsession with her brother that isn’t even really relevant. I mean even after Rin asked for Wataru’s help during the school event she really doesn’t pop up much?

I liked most of the episodes, but the rest were just very meh. It’s hard to really explain or score this one tbh. I like the premise and had fun with several episodes, others were disappointing. I’ll try reading it.
Marinate1016Sep 18, 2023 12:12 PM
Sep 18, 2023 11:55 AM

Mar 2021
Sajo and Natsukawa are now officially a couple and they looked really cute holding hands together Also Natsukawa's little sister is just so adorable
Sep 18, 2023 12:04 PM
Jun 2023
Ending was half boiled.I don't think the audience got what they wanted..It was like kinda........what do I say it was like meh...whatever..
Sep 18, 2023 12:04 PM
Jun 2023
Ending was half boiled.I don't think the audience got what they wanted..It was like kinda........what do I say it was like meh...whatever..
Sep 18, 2023 12:06 PM
Mar 2021
I have no idea what happens in the LN but to me it feels like they completely dropped the other characters and tunnel versioned to this "ending". It might feel like that because I watched the last two episodes weekly but I am probably going to go rewatch it at some point.

update: After rewatching, it kind of feels a bit more flowy, but I think my statement still stands.
zewlePJan 7, 11:34 AM
Sep 18, 2023 12:07 PM
Jun 2023
Dawolfsam said:
Sasaki - 0, Aika - 1

Aika wins! The tsundere fans celebrating their win again! No Rin-senpai screen time tho sadge.

I just saw this comment in YouTube🤣did u watch this episode from Ani-One Asia??
Sep 18, 2023 12:09 PM
Jan 2022
very good last episode! probably 1 of the best besides the first episode. surprisingly might miss this on monday.
Sep 18, 2023 12:11 PM

Mar 2014
Meh boring ending oh well at least it's finish
Sep 18, 2023 12:13 PM

Mar 2012
And no development wins the fight.

What a mess of a show with what will probably the most underwhelming fireworks scene in this genre I remember.
Waifus only represent ideals
Sep 18, 2023 12:17 PM

Oct 2017
Sajo finally visited Aika's home and he's a big hit with Airi. She sure warmed upto him fast, it was fun watching the two together. Nice Aika x Sajo moments throughout the episode, they even held hands. Another fun episode to end the season with. Honestly if they just focused on them instead of pointless stuff, things would have been much more enjoyable but oh well. If this ever gets a new season hope we get more focus on Aika and Sajo.
Sep 18, 2023 12:19 PM

Apr 2012
really mixed feelings i have after watching this. i like school romance anime very much, and this one at first promised to be very good, also considering good graphics, voice cast and so on, but in fact after watching each next ep i never remembered what was in previous one. i can't call this anime totally uninteresting, but imo it lacks something to catch your attention. i give at 7/10.
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Sep 18, 2023 12:20 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to Quiet_kid99
Dawolfsam said:
Sasaki - 0, Aika - 1

I just saw this comment in YouTube🤣did u watch this episode from Ani-One Asia??
Yes xd I'm the one who commented that

"Bocchi the Rock!" - Ijichi Nijika

Sep 18, 2023 12:28 PM
Apr 2023
I only watched this anime because Aika is super duper cute. That ending was good. I can't say the same thing for the lead up to that season finale.

Is the story over? I still want them to fight. Also, I want Aika's best friend to be Wataru's other love interest. LOL
Sep 18, 2023 12:30 PM
Apr 2023
Regarding the story and how it felt kinda rushed, I agree. The director on this anime is not very good, maybe because they know it wouldn't be that popular and they cut budget.
Sep 18, 2023 12:34 PM
Mar 2022
Even though only 4 episodes served the main story of the show which are Ep 1,10,11 & 12, the ending can be say quite good and cute. Aika really went aggressive mode as she really remember what her friend said about being distant again with Sajo if she didn’t properly make up with him.

And yeah it feels quite rushed but still it’s nice that we get to see Aika is the one who finally admitted and be honest over her feelings towards Sajo. I also feel the same that Aika really should be thankful to Sajo that her life turned out to be cheerful because of Sajo’s presence in her life. If not for him, Aika will definitely be stay the same like her old self during middle school. And that’s why I am completely agree when Aika said that Sajo is the place where she is belong cuz Sajo shapes Aika life into a better one.

Honestly, even if there is no announcement for sequel or s2, it will still be alright cuz the ending really feels like it has already ended cuz the main plot of this story is a girl who keeps on rejecting a boy who always confessed to him and she ended up regretting that she then become the one who admit her feelings to the boy he rejected. Now, it’s already reached to that point. So there’s no strong point to continue with a sequel. Maybe they can proceed for 4 specials or OVA to show Sajo and Aika officially become a couple and go for a date. Why not right?

Last but not least, what I can say is this anime is Ok. I will rate 6.5/10 as the other episodes aside of 1,10,11, & 12 really are out of topic and weird. But they have done great with these 4 episodes. Nice romcom to waste some of your time if you don’t have any other things to do.
Sep 18, 2023 12:37 PM

Apr 2022
does the story end there or theres is more?
Sep 18, 2023 12:49 PM
Mar 2019
for me all the stories enjoy all wekks an its different like other animes that are the same always
Sep 18, 2023 12:50 PM
Jul 2022
a regarder trankilou
Sep 18, 2023 1:05 PM

Jan 2012
And so we end with a fireworks-laden proto-confession and some hand holding. Probably the best we could've expected from this, honestly.

By far the worst show I watched from the Summer 2023 Anime Season, though admittedly my list of such shows was pretty short this year. I've said it in numerous episode threads before this, but either the subtitles or actual dialogue or both for this series was some of the worst, clunkiest, most unnatural sounding dialogue I've seen in an anime in not just this season, or year, but several years. The main plot point of whatsherface(yes this was another show where I never bothered to remember the actual names of the characters) starting to fall in love with our male lead was pretty much entirely dropped and forgotten about for most of the show until these last few episodes if that. Instead we got the great bookstore saga with its mini arcs such as the lolicon oniichan and the adult-looking middle schooler. Funnily enough I enjoyed these in a so bad it's good sort of way. This show was definitely more enjoyable when I turned my brain off after I gave up trying to understand what was going on early on. Not that that's a good thing of course, but oh well. Generous 5/10, would not watch more if we got any.
Sep 18, 2023 1:05 PM
Sep 2019
It could have been a okay show at best but last 4 episode spacialy 8-11 did Rise the bar for me at least.
Really good last few episodes, ever since the pov changed to Natsukawa. series becomes good.
And offcus the opening was good, well for a anime that will never get S2 ,this is really good way close of things, looks kinda rushed, but for a entire messed up Season I guess that's nothing.

7/10 type 8 at best.
Sep 18, 2023 1:07 PM
Nov 2018
I wish it was better. Like when Aika started to chase Wataru because he started to ignore her. Then they dropped it. I figured they found the picture of him with another girl then did nothing with that. Just felt like every time the show was going to pick up they dropped it and went different direction. I wanted to like it.
Sep 18, 2023 1:17 PM
May 2023
well , the ep12 was pretty cool, at the end they get closer but nothing, was about sure this is what's gonna happen but yeah , the anime itself is ok but yeah would like if they focus more on the others characters too, i feel like they didn't tell a lot about characters story ect, just hapenings and no real background.

But yeah at the end i don't regret watching it , it's still a good anime to watch without thinking about anything
Sep 18, 2023 1:28 PM
Jun 2021
I’m going to miss this so much man 😭, glad to finally see Sajo get together with Aika, loved, “Aika” confession, and how we already knew Airi getting along with Sajo and Natsukawa’s mother already quite familiar with him, even tho it was kind of rushed and like most light novels adaptions much content was cut out and rearranged, rlly enjoyed this anime, it livened up my summer when it needed to, season 2 seems unlikely but I still won’t give up hope, see y’all in a… hopefully season 2 or around MAL 🫡
Sep 18, 2023 1:39 PM
Oct 2013
Weirdest romance anime I've ever watched..
HyruliaSep 18, 2023 1:46 PM
Sep 18, 2023 1:40 PM
Jun 2023
that was a really fun last episode of the season!

Airi-chan is of course an absolute cutie, while natsukawa-san is finally able to put her emotions into words is really beautiful.
Lastly when school starts again and they are on good terms with eachother is great, definitely room there for more to happen between them.
Sep 18, 2023 1:54 PM
Sep 2023
Terribile. Mid. Boring. Average. 5/10
Sep 18, 2023 1:57 PM

Jan 2021
In the end the MC returned to be a fcking simp huh
All his personal building was for nothing cuz he wants to be a cursed simp who HIS MAIN DREAM IS CONQUER A GIRL

my god I liked this MC in the beggining but now he's lame

Sep 18, 2023 2:01 PM
Night Owl

Sep 2022
The last episode was a fun watch, but most of the earlier episodes were a drag. Just another mid romance show with barely any character actual development.
6/10
Sep 18, 2023 2:08 PM
Dec 2022
I should be happy with the ending, but I'm not entirely😅. It seems like Wataru and Aika are together which is usually a good thing, but I guess I'm not over her old tsundere act. It's like in The Familiar of Zero, a lot of other girls are better than the main girl 😅.
Sep 18, 2023 2:09 PM

Aug 2014
This anime was only entertaining when Fuuka was involved.

Anime had an interesting premise with the epiphany he had, but it just never went anywhere interesting, unless Fuuka was involved.

Easily forgettable anime, and im very surprised that so many people have it on their Favorite List here on MAL
Sep 18, 2023 2:20 PM
Dec 2022
Will there be a season 2?
Sep 18, 2023 3:13 PM

May 2020
This is the most 5/10 show I've ever seen and I'm glad it's finally over. Pretty much every girl in this was better than the main girl and this is coming from someone who likes tsunderes. He should have gotten with the JC.
Sep 18, 2023 3:37 PM
Mar 2023
For some reason this was my most anticipated anime for this season and it delivered. There wasn’t much to expect, so to see it be a simple but (for me) uniek story was super sweet. I will definitely read the light novel when it ends.

Rating: 9 (on a scale of 8 to 10)
My description for the series: S(hr)imp
Sep 18, 2023 3:39 PM
Feb 2021
Shitty anime. Glad I finished it so I can move on from it. 2/10
Sep 18, 2023 3:40 PM
Feb 2021
jaerard_o said:
Shitty anime. Glad I finished it so I can move on from it. 2/10

And I had never comment anything here unless the anime I watched is really bad.
Sep 18, 2023 3:50 PM
Nov 2022
bruh

Seriously, was this the end? It felt like your typical midseason episode ._.

And now that? Sajo and Natsukawa ended up together or did they just go back to the beginning? I haven't seen such a bland season since I watched the second season of Nisekoi xddd

Still, Fuka is the best and anyone who disagrees should tell me where we can meet to fight to the death 🚬
Sep 18, 2023 3:52 PM
Jan 2022
Not even nice ending truely 🙃
Sep 18, 2023 4:11 PM
Mar 2021
A nice way to end the season!
Sep 18, 2023 4:13 PM
Jun 2022
did this cover the whole LN?
Sep 18, 2023 4:39 PM
Apr 2016
Soo cheap animation! 18!!! seconds just standing there and watching firework.gif animations.
Characters were interesting but the turn when Aika realized her feelings was just so random.
Sep 18, 2023 5:51 PM
Nov 2016
is this a original ending? because the anime doesn't make any fucking sense.
Sep 18, 2023 5:53 PM
Sep 2021
ending was.. a cliff hanger to say the least.. BUT.. with a season cliff hanger leads to possibilities of a second season.

don't get me wrong, I really wanted them to get together end of this season but hey at least we might get a second season (if the anime gods allow it)

overall, I like where this is going... now please give us a second season for God sake
Sep 18, 2023 6:00 PM

Nov 2011
Tried to save this show with a fireworks finale?!?! LOL Thank god this trash is over. Sasaki was the best part of this anime.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2023

80 by channman900 »»
Apr 23, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2023

90 by Gilith »»
Apr 18, 2:33 PM

» I hope for 2nd season ( 1 2 )

LostInLove - Oct 15, 2023

51 by Yzen90 »»
Mar 26, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2023

111 by porozhno »»
Mar 13, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2023

175 by porozhno »»
Mar 13, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.