Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 3, 2023 9:33 PM

Feb 2021
Episode 5 let's goooo!

Oh god the connection is becoming poorer. That girl is messing with their ability somehow I think.
Such a hard episode to watch holy damn. Heartbreaking. It seems that the cliffhanger last week was misleading and the neighbour is good. Or at least I hope so.
Aug 3, 2023 9:51 PM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Wow, it kinda escalates to domestic violence really fast. I wonder how both the father and the mother get murdered. Also, how does the pink girl be able to talk now, is she the real red-eye or just being in control right now?
Aug 3, 2023 10:51 PM
Mar 2023
so looks we have change in timeline at the end of the ep?
Aug 3, 2023 11:14 PM

Apr 2022
jeez i just looked away for a few seconds and his switch really flipped, the last 9mins were a hard watch ngl.
Aug 3, 2023 11:20 PM
Sep 2019
Damm, a lot happened here Kinda show this domestic violation part Upcoming with her deaths news and son's reaction, (also the mother) but what I wasn't expecting was the death of the father as well did that gamer killed him? Or the brother did?(he must be in jail probably? Or He took the blame from mute sister, the worst part is she doesn't remember this day as this never happened to her after that photo) next thing she knows was her brother not there and parents died.

Anyone else think that friend of his is our mc ?
Aug 3, 2023 11:40 PM
Aug 2019
kizumi91 said:
Wow, it kinda escalates to domestic violence really fast. I wonder how both the father and the mother get murdered. Also, how does the pink girl be able to talk now, is she the real red-eye or just being in control right now?
Considering that Xiaoshi was able to talk when she was in her body, I think it's selective muteness (like, psychological), rather than being biologically not able to talk 
Aug 4, 2023 12:00 AM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
LittleWhiteHerz said:
kizumi91 said:
Considering that Xiaoshi was able to talk when she was in her body, I think it's selective muteness (like, psychological), rather than being biologically not able to talk 

Sorry but I think you got it wrong here. In the first season when Liu Min had paralysis but still was able to walk to the photo studio, it's actually the killer who possessed and overwrote his body. The same case here, remember the very last episode pink hair was checked by the doctor and he thought her pulse belong to a boy?
Aug 4, 2023 3:39 AM
May 2019
well, who is Tianxi? is it Tianchen or Xixi?
cause Xixi has selective mutism, i guess it might be Tianchen (with long hair). but still, it might be Xixi bcs someone who has selective mutism can speak actually.

WELL I CANT WAIT FOR EPISODE 6 :)))))
Aug 4, 2023 4:49 AM

Jul 2022
I don´t really think she has selective mutism as people are saying. It is of course a possibility, but usually people with selective mutism ... actually talk to at least one person. 
Why would she be selectively mute towards her mother and brother since they seem to care of her? My first thought was that the girl was actually the boy, but now seeing how their names is different "Xixi" is definitely a nickname from "Tianxi

but on the other hand, it is of course possible 
I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party, and I attended with my real face. - franz kafka

Aug 4, 2023 4:57 AM

Apr 2023
Damn that last part was hard to watch. Really curious as to what will happen, can image either one of the children or the neighbor going berserk in response..
Aug 4, 2023 5:29 AM

Apr 2020
Embient said:
Episode 5 let's goooo!

Oh god the connection is becoming poorer. That girl is messing with their ability somehow I think.
Such a hard episode to watch holy damn. Heartbreaking. It seems that the cliffhanger last week was misleading and the neighbour is good. Or at least I hope so.
I'm thinking their connection got disrupted when the brother was holding the sister's hands to guide her with the sign language (their powers are most likely connected to each other in a similar way to Lu Guang and Cheng Xiaoshi)

So much hype though! This series always knows how to ramp up the suspense factor. Here's hoping this weeklong wait flies by!
☆ Stars Align enthusiast ☆
Aug 4, 2023 5:44 AM
May 2018
The only thing I dislike about this series are the cliffhangers. I NEED MORE! Aaahhh this teared me up!
Aug 4, 2023 7:45 AM
Oct 2022
That was…hard to watch. Messed up my head ngl.
Aug 4, 2023 8:52 AM

Mar 2008
This episode was hard to watch... I feel they still tried to be a bit "respectful" with the way they showed the violence graphically, but they sure "did a good job" with the sounds. It was a hard episode to listen to.

I thought and commented about this before, but the way Lu Guang works with Xiaoshi is so irresponsible! He should prepare Xiaoshi for what he will find and had to do BEFORE entering the photo, the way he lets Xiaoshi goes bling is criminal!
This time they had the excuse that Lu was hurt and couldn't see everything that happened in the photo, because if he could had seem normally in no way he should allow Xiaoshi to enter the photo.
Think about it, letting Xiaoshi enter a photo as a little girl to see her parents being killed!

There's so many grave details about this... again, the history is really going with "the past can't be changed"? Everything that will happen is already accounting for Xiaoshi entering photos and changing the past? Xiaoshi and Lu Guang are actually powerless? They can go to the past but the present is already the future?

PLEASE LI HAOLING! DEFY DESTINY AND SAVE EMMA!

Now, let's try not to think until last week if Xiaoshi killed someone...
But my bet it's not, option that would be just as much dire, because I suspect Xixi knows she as possessed by him at that moment and will question why he didn't did anything to save her mother.

Oh, other thing, the scenes with her brother and the things he says makes me thing that I may be right about his "warped sense of justice" being exploited by Jin Qian.
PaninaManinaAug 4, 2023 9:25 AM
Aug 4, 2023 9:01 AM

Mar 2008
kizumi91 said:
LittleWhiteHerz said:

Sorry but I think you got it wrong here. In the first season when Liu Min had paralysis but still was able to walk to the photo studio, it's actually the killer who possessed and overwrote his body. The same case here, remember the very last episode pink hair was checked by the doctor and he thought her pulse belong to a boy?

Yes, but as you can see she can hear very well.
Her muteness is probably psychological.

GoinGhostie said:

I'm thinking their connection got disrupted when the brother was holding the sister's hands to guide her with the sign language (their powers are most likely connected to each other in a similar way to Lu Guang and Cheng Xiaoshi)

This is an interesting theory.
Aug 4, 2023 9:13 AM

Mar 2008
Oh, they did an official ad warning about domestic violence: https://twitter.com/LinkClick_EN/status/1687344700574097408?s=20
Aug 4, 2023 9:19 AM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
PaninaManina said:
Yes, but as you can see she can hear very well.
Her muteness is probably psychological.

I don't think her auditory function has much to do in this case. But I do agree her mutism could be psychological tho, considering the fact that they went to see the doctor and got some herb prescriptions.
Aug 4, 2023 9:42 AM
Aug 2020
My heart was crying, the scenes were fabulous but wow….
Life is hard…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 4, 2023 10:12 AM

May 2020
Whoa, a family drama ensues in the Li family. I guess Cheng Xiaoshi would do something in Xixi's body. Let's see what he does.
Aug 4, 2023 10:54 AM
Jul 2023
BRO I DON'T NEED A CLIFF HANGER I WANNA SEE WHAT WILL XIAOSHI DO!!
Aug 4, 2023 11:12 AM
Mar 2016
The best horror in my life
Aug 4, 2023 11:45 AM
Jul 2016
Man, I really missed watching Cheng getting involved in other people's shit. It's some Quantam Leap type shit right here.

Poor Cheng is gonna be traumatized.

Anyway, was that the brother or the sister at the end? Because the sister's name is Xixi and the brother's name is Tianchen. The person at end was named Li Tianxi. I'm not sure if it's the sister because Tianxi can talk (unless Xixi's just nonverbal). Is Xixi a nickname for Tianxi? Did the brother transition and change his name? Did they fuse lmao? Literally who is that?

Also I was so worried that the neighbor guy was gonna be a creepy pedophile. Turns out he was just a GAMER. Bullet dodged.

Also I would not be surprised if the boy in the fountain happened to be Cheng Xiaoshi. It would be funny if he ended up insulting his younger self for being a reckless naughty boy lmao.
erikkamirsAug 4, 2023 5:31 PM
Aug 4, 2023 12:48 PM

Jul 2017
this episode had me hooked the entire time, actually insanely intense episode, Loved it.
Aug 4, 2023 12:49 PM
May 2021
Sheesh bro Another badass cliffhanger 🔥🔥
Aug 4, 2023 3:54 PM

Apr 2018
amazing episode honestly. I really felt the anxiety throughout the episode, it reminded me of season 1
dreampunkAug 4, 2023 4:06 PM
Aug 4, 2023 4:19 PM

Nov 2022
Holy shit, went 0 to 100 real quick.
Aug 4, 2023 4:33 PM

Dec 2020
that was... a lot... dawg that made me want to vomit, i need to watch some youtube poops or something jfc
Aug 4, 2023 5:26 PM
Jan 2023
wow, that was pretty hard to watch. i wonder if the girl is still mute or if the murderer is controlling her body? that would explain why she wants to talk to cheng xiaoshi specifically. another cliffhanger, as usual
Aug 4, 2023 5:29 PM
Sep 2018
This episode gives the message that domestic abusers NEVER WIN AND DONT DESERVE TO BE IN THIS WORLD
Aug 4, 2023 6:54 PM

Feb 2017
i'm almost certain that has to be the sister at the end. xixi is just a nickname - her full name has to be tianxi. she evidently has the ability to speak - i assume she just chose not to speak as a child?

almost immediately i thought to myself that the boy from the fountain flashback had to be cheng xiaoshi. if it's not him, it has to be another character that we've already been introduced to.

ngl that neighbour was sus af. i'm so relieved that he's just a normal guy -- honestly i thought that he was lying about living next door and i was so stressed, but when he went inside i calmed down a bit lol. god this episode was a tough watch; just absolutely heartbreaking. :( maybe the husband killed his wife, then tianchen killed his dad? this seems to be the direction it was going. but now i assume cheng xiaoshi may have altered the timeline, so i wonder how much has changed now.

this is the absolute worst show to be watching weekly. but at the same time i love having something to look forward to every week

placeholder text
Aug 4, 2023 8:10 PM

Jun 2021
A family who doesn't get along was so painful to watch :(
Aug 5, 2023 1:32 AM

Jul 2021
The wife herself, even though, I've been also taught by the fact I have to make friends with intelligent and good people but doesn't guarantee that I'll be by their side due to my view that they can be so arrogant, but she's definitely right about this kind of thought to be told to her son since their family case is more on having a desirable and more privilege position in their workplace. I KNEW it was going to be an affair type of situation because why would you hide something valuable with a stuffed doll so the husband is obviously going to notice that but my god this episode was so fucking hard to watch holy shit the husband is so abusive (in a really severe way).
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 5, 2023 2:09 AM
Nov 2010
God my heart was in my throat those last minutes. A very hard thing to watch, of course Cheng Xiaoshi couldn't just let it happen quietly.
Aug 5, 2023 6:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The timeline seems to be changed now, but I understand him, I couldn't just do nothing if I was in his place, what a horrible husband and father... damn!!
Aug 5, 2023 8:44 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
The situation with the two pink haired brothers gets deeper as we learn about the abusive husband and that both him and her wife apparently died in a criminal case. What did Cheng Xiaoshi do as the hammer went down? Did he create the alternate timeline where both of them died? What about the guy next door?

Unfolding episode
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Aug 5, 2023 9:04 AM

Nov 2021
this season seems different than the first in that they are doing a longer story rather than mini arcs which is cool, I like how this story is shaping up so far. wonder if the future changed when he went back and did something?
Aug 5, 2023 10:56 AM

Mar 2008
Ashhk said:
The timeline seems to be changed now, but I understand him, I couldn't just do nothing if I was in his place, what a horrible husband and father... damn!!

rasterman7 said:
The situation with the two pink haired brothers gets deeper as we learn about the abusive husband and that both him and her wife apparently died in a criminal case. What did Cheng Xiaoshi do as the hammer went down? Did he create the alternate timeline where both of them died? What about the guy next door?

Unfolding episode

There's no change to the timeline, since first season the time like the historie shows is already the time line when Xiaoshi went back in time.
Considering this, I want to know if Tianchen originally died on a timeline where Xiaoshi didn't went back in time possessing Tianxi. I wonder how would he react and think if he know he is only alive because Xaoshi "broke the rules".
Assuming, this is what happened.
PaninaManinaAug 5, 2023 11:43 AM
Aug 5, 2023 12:32 PM
Aug 2017
Its just genius how we can not tell yet if its the girl or the boy.

Could be the girl, because you have the messag b4 the photo asking to protect the brother and the voice could sounded kind off since she is mute with some vocals capacity.

But also could be the boy, because the message behind the phote could be something that his sister wrote b4 dying and he just had this as a memory, alsof you could lowkey tell that he had a lot of sympathy for the boy that got his ball from the water, he could be actually in love, and maybe grew up having another gender/orientation
REally majestic how such a deep and dark plot, flows really perfect and organic

I love this anime so much
Aug 5, 2023 1:40 PM
May 2021
why do they make 5 min episodes :(
Aug 5, 2023 1:47 PM
Jul 2023
Watch_Kuranado said:
why do they make 5 min episodes :(

Ikr this finished way too fast to be considered 24 mins
its_ChillyAug 6, 2023 5:45 AM
Aug 5, 2023 1:59 PM
Jul 2023
So I’m almost certain the new friend the brother made was the younger CXS and for some reason Lu guang knows that cause he told him to ask him and made that comment abt being self aware. I feel like LG knows a lot more than he’s letting on but how 🤔
Aug 5, 2023 3:55 PM

Aug 2018
I think it's the brother at the end. If you look at the eyes the sister's were yellow but his were red, same as the person in the interrogation room. 
Aug 5, 2023 5:00 PM
Nov 2010
its_Chilly said:
So I’m almost certain the new friend the brother made was the younger CXS and for some reason Lu guang knows that cause he told him to ask him and made that comment abt being self aware. I feel like LG knows a lot more than he’s letting on but how 🤔
I thought so at first too when I saw the boy rush into the fountain, but then I saw that the kid has blue hair, so it can't be Xiaoshi.
Aug 6, 2023 2:07 AM

Nov 2021
That was painful to watch. I'm guessing Xiaoshi gonna speak up and that stops the dad from hitting the mom in that scene? 
Aug 6, 2023 4:26 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! the OST is so intense!! this episode is insane! i hope that somebody put that motherf**ker abusive dad in his right place!
5/5.

Aug 6, 2023 7:13 AM
Dec 2022
that was one hell of intense and the cliffhanger makes me regret watching an ongoing series but I just can't help it
Aug 6, 2023 7:19 AM
Jan 2022
Legit thought that the "reckless boy" would be revealed to be Cheng Xiaoshi, can't wait until his identity is clarified. I wonder how the crime ended up being officially registered tho (maybe mistakenly, as if it weren't domestic violence?) and if the neighbor ended up being falsely accused of taking part in it.
Aug 6, 2023 11:28 AM

Mar 2008
That boy is the character with a hat in the poster.
Probably.
Aug 6, 2023 1:03 PM
Jun 2021
Well that was fcked up, brings back a lot of memories
Aug 6, 2023 4:24 PM

Dec 2019
footage of the most pleasant NY household
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kizumi91 - Sep 21, 2023

139 by spicarie »»
Jun 6, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Jul 27, 2023

54 by Kiruko-san »»
May 26, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Jul 20, 2023

84 by Kiruko-san »»
May 26, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kizumi91 - Jul 13, 2023

114 by Kiruko-san »»
May 26, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

the_great_prince - Jul 4, 2023

70 by Kiruko-san »»
May 26, 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.