Forums
New
Oct 11, 2022 1:36 PM

May 2020
Two years ago, you ask anyone about bleach, they would say three things

- Its the worst out of the big 3
- Its only good arc is soul society
- Too much filler

But once they announced a final season, people just did a 180 on their opinions of this show.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2022 1:40 PM

May 2012
You're paying too much attention to the vocal minority.

Probably none of them ever even actually watched the series.
Oct 11, 2022 1:41 PM
Jun 2015
Literally everything you mentioned is opinion based.

Oct 11, 2022 1:47 PM

May 2020
Gupyyy said:
Literally everything you mentioned is opinion based.

everything in life is opinion based, thats how life works lol
Oct 11, 2022 1:47 PM

May 2020
k11chi said:

i mean for being a big 3 show, it having a 7.8 rating isnt the best
Oct 11, 2022 1:48 PM
Oct 2022
Nobody said that besides haters of the show who are in the huge minority. Move on troll.
Oct 11, 2022 1:48 PM

Mar 2021
People severely underestimate how big bleach was back then. It aired before disney mcu and star wars. Almost every guy in my junior high was into it along with naruto. One piece wasn't as big as naruto and bleach outside japan. Oda admitted it.

Naruto of course had boruto which was panned. Bleach only got picked on later as stuff like death note, geass, fmab came out for newer fans. There was a reason bleach trended #1 worldwide.
Oct 11, 2022 1:50 PM

Jan 2021
First of all, haters mouth are louder (Most of the time. Its the opposite for CSM).
Secondly, the original/first/old bleach had a lot of valid negative points like too many boring fillers, dragged out arcs, pacing issues and stuff.
Thirdly, this arc is actually good. Thats why its being hyped by fans.
Lastly, the fans never went away. Bleach had a huge popularity thats why it was one of the big three in the first place. When it returns after 10 years from out of nowhere, people are going to go crazy.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Oct 11, 2022 1:52 PM
Sep 2020
just watch without filler
And got the best music in anime history there's is no debate needed
Oct 11, 2022 1:53 PM
Jun 2022
CickNipolla said:

- Too much filler

But once they announced a final season, people just did a 180 on their opinions of this show.

Simple only a few people keep their tastes like they always was,if now it's a trend liking bleach the majority of people will come and follow like sheeps
Oct 11, 2022 1:54 PM

Sep 2020
not everyone did a 180. I haven't watched Bleach in ages and I don't plan on doing that anytime soon.

"๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š."- ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Oct 11, 2022 1:54 PM
Jun 2022
bunch of sheeps that can't have their own opinion, everybody likes bleach now? oh yeah I've always loved bleach too !
Oct 11, 2022 1:56 PM
Mar 2014
that was all the haters being loud as usual. if that were the case Bleach wouldn't of been trending worldwide. People don't un how big it was back then and still how big its fandom is. we were quite but we're back and vocal about the best anime ever
Oct 11, 2022 1:58 PM

Aug 2018
People who hate bleach won't sit around, watch it and rate it accordingly. Now only the people who actually liked bleach and want it more of it will watch and hype it so... Yeah.
Oct 11, 2022 2:06 PM

Mar 2021
I’d argue the reason the first episode has given the show such a high rating is because it was watched first by diehard fans who’ve waited 10 ish years and watched 300 whatever episodes for it to come back, so it’s not too shocking the rating was at 9.2 ish for a bit. That’s just my opinion tho maybe there’s other reasons to it.
Oct 11, 2022 2:07 PM
Dec 2020
because the fans were waiting for 10 years
Oct 11, 2022 2:08 PM
Sep 2022
Nostalgia bait I think
Oct 11, 2022 2:08 PM

May 2022
CickNipolla said:

- Too much filler

I’m sure there are people that have done a 180 but if they’re supporting the show now than that’s a good thing.

- I like each of the “big 3” all for different reasons but I personally don’t like putting one over the other
- There are a bunch of great arcs but the soul society arc will always be my personal favorite.
- The filler did get pretty annoying but some were good. Preferences will vary.

Overall I’m just happy that bleach is back and it looks amazing. I’m going to enjoy it regardless of what others might say.
Oct 11, 2022 2:11 PM
Jun 2012
CickNipolla said:

- Too much filler

I always said one piece is the worse out of the small 3, never Bleach. Bleach has Kenpachi
Oct 11, 2022 2:12 PM

Mar 2018
Soul Society may have been the most consistent arc, but nothing is gonna top the highs of Ichigo VS. Ulquiorra or Ichigo VS. Aizen
These fights were so fire I could smell the smoke coming out of my TV
Oct 11, 2022 2:14 PM

Jan 2019
I've always loved Bleach, always had been my favorite shonen alongside FMA.
But I see what you're talking about, and it's unfortunately true.
Oct 11, 2022 2:19 PM

May 2012
CickNipolla said:
k11chi said:

Dragon ball super is the most popular anime in the west btw
Public opinions aren't weaboo communities opinions.
Oct 11, 2022 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
Nostalgia + people that think there is only shounen anime exist
Oct 11, 2022 2:21 PM

Jan 2009
CickNipolla said:

- Too much filler

This is still true. Nostalgia are one hell of a drug.
Jan 2020
I think what you’re interpreting as people “changing their opinions” is just a rise in enthusiasm surrounding the series since the release of Thousand-Year Blood War. The biggest Bleach fans are leading the conversation rn, so the obligatory “peak” comments are gonna seem very loud. I've been a fan of Bleach since 2016 & im super excited about the new release, but I still believe that Ichigo isn’t the best main character & that the original series had too many repetitive conflicts. Of course my personal experience doesn’t speak for everyone but yk

Jun 2014
It's just the loud minority over-exaggerating how bad Bleach is. Nothing out of the ordinary for things that are popular.

And then Bleach coming back after 10 years is of course gonna cause the diehards to rise up and be very vocal with their enthusiasm.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 11, 2022 2:22 PM

Jun 2012
CickNipolla said:

- Too much filler

Nostalgia mostly... the hype is coming mostly from people who didn't read the manga (this arc is bad in my opinion though the beginning is nice) and since Bleach anime had ended in a weak last arc (Fullbringer) back then, people are expecting something way better than Fullbringer arc.
SnaitaOct 11, 2022 2:26 PM
Oct 11, 2022 2:23 PM
Aug 2021
time makes the heart grow fonder I guess
Oct 11, 2022 2:23 PM

May 2020
k11chi said:
CickNipolla said:

demon slayer and naruto are obviously more popular than dragon ball at its peak. thats kinda obvious to anyone past high school
Oct 11, 2022 2:26 PM
Jan 2021
i feel like the filler arcs were slow paced and some important fights rushed, but that was not kubo’s mistake. now, kubo is heavily involved with the production and as a longtime fan, i hope they animate some of the plot holes made in the tybw manga๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป of course a lot of fans waited for the bleach revival, and we’re hyped for the legendary fights and long awaited bankai’s. top notch animation, 52eps of eye orgasm and the finalization of the legendary anime that is bleach. what more could i ask for? :)
Oct 11, 2022 2:28 PM

May 2012
Snaita said:
CickNipolla said:

- Too much filler

Nostalgia mostly... the hype is coming mostly from people who didn't read the manga (this arc is bad in my opinion though the beginning is nice) and since Bleach anime had ended in a weak last arc (Fullbringer) back then, people are expecting something way better than Fullbringer arc.

this is what i'm talking about. it's literally people who do not understand what the author was going for. fullbring arc wasn't weak, not at all.
Oct 11, 2022 2:29 PM
Oct 2022
A lot happened in the time between 2012 and 2022. Bleach was one of the most popular shows in the past and even outcompeted Naruto and One Piece a couple of times.

The story of bleach was a bit unconventional at the time and its popularity caused a lot of filler to be produced, which soured its reputation. Because 10 year old Timmy does not understand what filler is. Add on the censorship, which also hurt One Piece and Naruto at times and you get videos like "the fall of bleach", which changed the public perception extremely. A video which even the creator despises now as its based on misinformation.

To make a long story short, people are now seeing Bleach for what it is: one of the best shows of all time
Oct 11, 2022 2:29 PM
Feb 2020
Are you not thinking your own points through? "Worst out of big 3" would mean it's above Hunter x Hunter, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Shaman King, which all serialized contiguously with the Big 3. The only 2 that were ever bigger and more liked than Bleach was Naruto and One Piece. I'd argue Death Note was extremely well received but it's no where near the provenance of a 74 volume manga. It's 12 volumes. Bleach's sheer size and monumental legacy is far above any of the other series mentioned. It's bigger than Jojo ever was, and look how big Jojo is.

Second, no one disliked Bleachs filler at the time. Naruto had too much filler, NOT Bleach. You may not realize the entire Shinsui arc is filler and that's considered some of the best content in all of bleach. Bleach NEVER had an issue with fillers, the other anime all did. Bleach is the ONLY anime that did filler pretty well.

No one disliked the Arrancar arc? Are you crazy? Grimmjow is a 200 dollar Funko pop at the same price as Ryuk and Spike Spiegel lol. Bleach Funkos are basically the most expensive anime funkos next to Death Note and Bebop. Grimmjow is the leader of the pack because he's so well liked. And all the Arrancars are considered classic characters, and many of the Vizards are very well liked. Aizen is a classic villain and he exists post Soul Society arc. The development of the entire Gotei 13 is AFTER the Soul Society arc.

Listen I get there were issues with Bleachs pacing, but all us Big 3 readers/watchers knew at the time Bleach was getting forced into arc discontinuity. Kubo has said as much. He didn't want to write the Orihime rescue arc the way he did, and wanted to develop the "crews" powers a little more before that, but Shonen Jump pressured him to write another rescue arc since Soul Soceities rescue arc was damn near the most popular arc since YYH/DBZ (actually it was Kinnukuman) tournament arcs. The "rescue arc" became a fad and it's already bled into JJK, Demon Slayer, and even Spy Family. The hype around the arc after was less because it just was the same thing, to re-capitalize. And through the entire series Naruto was just beating the pants off One Piece and Bleach, so you can sense when they are being told by Jump to pick up the pace. Until Naruto's Chunin exam, One Piece basically has nothing occur from the first 30 volume span. There is no Franky or Brook yet. Those characters were pushed to be introduced in One Piece because of how popular Naruto was getting and crushing the other two in downloads. That doesn't mean the other anime were "not good" just less popular comparatively. Bleach was always #2 and now it's having it's #1 moment because Naruto is in it's lul.
Oct 11, 2022 2:32 PM

Jan 2019
CickNipolla said:
k11chi said:

demon slayer and naruto are obviously more popular than dragon ball at its peak. thats kinda obvious to anyone past high school
You think so?
You're entitled to have a opinion - I myself think Dragon Ball Super is inferior to the original Dragon Ball manga and even is more childish, BUT I remember it was very popular while it aired and people still ask for a sequel.
You just don't see fans talking about the manga chapters because 90% of Dragon Ball fans never ever had read the manga, they're mostly anime-onlies. If the anime comes back, they'll eventually show up.
Oct 11, 2022 2:34 PM
Jan 2012
I'm pretty sure people are still saying that ๐Ÿ˜… some others were just repeating those comments without even knowing I guess...?
Oct 11, 2022 2:40 PM

Jun 2012
k11chi said:
Snaita said:

this is what i'm talking about. it's literally people who do not understand what the author was going for. fullbring arc wasn't weak, not at all.

To be fair anime watchers can't be blamed... Fullbringer arc was like a transitional arc, the anime should have ended back than when Ichigo lost his powers. This anime should have started with Fullbringer in my opinion. Can't really expect more from Pierrot or the production committee with how they handle this adaptations.
Oct 11, 2022 2:41 PM

Dec 2014
There are peoples who like some anime and some peoples who don't. I, for example, think Naruto is a masterpiece, many would throw rotten eggs at me for such an opinion. I didn't like Bleach for - not necessary because of the story, is just that I was watching while it was airing, and those damn fillers ruined every joy I had watching it, and I recognize, they left such a bitter taste in my mouth even thou is been over a decade since I dropped it. Even so, I do have some fond memories with it, and I definitely found that new chapter released months ago, extremely intriguing. I don't have the time anymore to rewatch a hundreds of episodes-long series, but who knows... I am tempted. Or maybe I will just read the manga, and then watch this one... Anyway, my displeasure with this series, is my own. It doesn't change the fact that many peoples loved this anime and manga, and many were left heartbroken when it got axed. I still remember a friend in high school who was really into it, and how sad he was when the anime was put on 'break'... yet, he was excited for the next season U_Y Is been a decade... I never meet my friend after we graduated, but he was the first to think about it when this was announced... 'If you are still around, and watch anime, good for you pal, here is the next season XD' So obviously, many fans are excited to see it back, and from what I saw in the trailer, the art looked good. From what I heard, this arc was pretty good, so people are hyped to see it adapted. I am confident that in the coming weeks, there will be many kill joys eager to shit on it and spoil the fun for others, and many FMA brats busy to lower it's score. But at the same time, many of my generations, grew up, and moved on from anime, so there aren't as many left to be like 'You like Bleach? What a dorky normie... Let me recommend you some good sophisticated shit. Here is Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Get educated Mother F%cker!' The fact that Bleach ended in 2012 or so, also shielded it a bit from all those elitist edgy zoomers, who shit on Naruto and MHA. As for the score. 7.88 is a good score, what are you talking about? It has like a million votes, and most are 10,9,8 and 7. Taking into consideration that is an older and long-running series, and all those messy fillers is a really good score.
Oct 11, 2022 2:42 PM

Jun 2012
WhiteTestament said:
CickNipolla said:

- Too much filler

This is still true. Nostalgia are one hell of a drug.

Not its not lol
That's subjective.
Arrancar arc is great as well minus the fillers, some people put Bleach above Naruto (I am one of those).
This arc will also be good so that defeats point number 2.
Oct 11, 2022 2:44 PM
Aug 2018
It's probably because the haters are silent
Oct 11, 2022 2:48 PM

Feb 2013
CickNipolla said:

- Too much filler

I did a 180 because I was genuinely wrong about the series and was just going along with what others were saying at the time. I've since rewatched and reread the series and my thoughts on it are vastly different from before.
Oct 11, 2022 2:48 PM
Jan 2022
k11chi said:

First post best post. I do think BLEACH's original anime adaptation is solid and the best out of the Big 3, but I'll also add to your comment that BLEACH had the worst placement of fillers out of any anime, even if the content of the fillers themselves weren't the worst (the Bount arc and New Captain arc were garbage, however). You'd get entire 40 episode long filler arcs interrupting the middle of fights or right before a climactic highlight of the series, thus obliterating the anime's pacing and momentum, and by extension jeopardising the series' reputation. That's why the original anime is currently at 7.9. Not to mention that the BLEACH manga utilises the medium to its fullest extent with visual thematically rich storytelling, and a lot of that subtlety and Kubo's aestheticism is lost in the adaptation. It's also one of the most bingeable manga thanks to its cinematic pacing, but I can kinda understand the frustration with it when reading it on a weekly basis; and the anime was only more sluggish in that respect
Oct 11, 2022 2:50 PM
Jan 2022
Cosenza said:
Soul Society may have been the most consistent arc, but nothing is gonna top the highs of Ichigo VS. Ulquiorra or Ichigo VS. Aizen

Nah fam, the highest peaks of the series come from the final arc. Soul Society arc may be the most consistent, but the First Quincy Invasion and Everything But The Rain eclipse the writing of the SS arc.
Oct 11, 2022 2:51 PM
Tatakae
Feb 2020
k11chi said:

Amazing rebuttal to Criticism ๐Ÿ˜‚ keep it up ๐Ÿ™
Oct 11, 2022 2:51 PM

Oct 2012
its still trash, but now nostalgia is helping it look better
Oct 11, 2022 2:53 PM
Oct 2019
k11chi said:

I do see where he's coming from though:
1. It's the most dropped anime on MAL,
2. From the big 3, as well as all big shonen manga, Bleach is the only manga that got prematurely canceled due to strongly
dropping manga sales.

fans may be vocal, but statistics don't lie either.
Oct 11, 2022 2:54 PM
Jun 2012
CickNipolla said:
k11chi said:

lol no. DB is a household name. No one outside the anime community even know what demon slayer is
Oct 11, 2022 2:57 PM

Mar 2018
-FALSE said:
Cosenza said:

Nah fam, the highest peaks of the series come from the final arc. Soul Society arc may be the most consistent, but the First Quincy Invasion and Everything But The Rain eclipse the writing of the SS arc.

Damn that makes me even more hyped for TYBW
I haven't read the manga
Oct 11, 2022 3:00 PM
Jan 2022
giffica said:
Are you not thinking your own points through? "Worst out of big 3" would mean it's above Hunter x Hunter, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Shaman King, which all serialized contiguously with the Big 3. The only 2 that were ever bigger and more liked than Bleach was Naruto and One Piece. I'd argue Death Note was extremely well received but it's no where near the provenance of a 74 volume manga. It's 12 volumes. Bleach's sheer size and monumental legacy is far above any of the other series mentioned. It's bigger than Jojo ever was, and look how big Jojo is.

True, being a part of the "Big 3" is already a win when you know what that title actually means. Take a look at the current shounen landscape with all the dark urban fantasy shounen and you will see the legacy BLEACH has left behind. Arguably the most popular modern shounen in Kimetsu no Yaiba takes obvious inspiration from the series. And as we can see from the resurgence of BLEACH in the recent years, it never fell off. It eclipsing FMAB's rating on MAL—a site which has a bias towards modern anime series in the first place—with a single episode speaks for itself.

Edit: @Acausal Yep, I forgot to mention that BLEACH was literally trending #1 worldwide with its premiere as well.
019XYZOct 20, 2022 8:29 PM
Oct 11, 2022 3:00 PM

May 2020
people really posting essays thinking im reading that
Oct 11, 2022 3:01 PM
Jan 2022
Cosenza said:
-FALSE said:

Damn that makes me even more hyped for TYBW
I haven't read the manga

Oh lol, I made that reply thinking you were a manga reader. Yeah, Bleachbros are eating good. The first episode won't even be the best episode of this cour.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ichigo and yhwach final fight

RaPZoD - May 31

15 by Blontay »»
Jun 2, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

584 by LightNoragami1 »»
Jun 2, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

anime-prime - Dec 19, 2022

219 by LightNoragami1 »»
Jun 1, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 12, 2022

315 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 31, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2022

271 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 31, 4:03 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.