Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 19, 2022 12:40 AM

Mar 2022
I'm just can't understand how someone could hate this series. Is there something I'm missing.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2022 12:43 AM

May 2021
Maybe read the reviews for a different opinion? That will help you find it.

Jul 19, 2022 12:49 AM

Mar 2022
RioFS said:
I know but all those people just seemed like haters without reasons
Jul 19, 2022 12:50 AM
Feb 2021
I don’t think many people think DS is bad just overrated or average
Jul 19, 2022 12:54 AM

Oct 2020
I enjoy the show but the main trio really make it hard for me to watch sometimes. All 3 personalities can get extremely annoying in my opinion and it’s a frequent criticism I see. Also general predictability and lack of innovation in the story although this isn’t unique to demon slayer and could be said about many Shonen. That said I think it does what it sets out to do fine. Obviously it’s visuals are outstanding which for most people make up for what it lacks in other areas but because of this it won’t suit everyone’s tastes.
May 2021
it's pretty generic tbh. like it's really good but it definitely has flaws. like there are plenty of other shows which are far superior. Also you've watched barely any anime (neither have I). You need to watch more so you can develop that taste.

May 2021
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:
RioFS said:

Well that's untrue. The first review at least is very good.

Jul 19, 2022 12:55 AM

Jul 2015
Demon Slayer is indeed carried by animation.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, because this show is still self aware.
Yet still a lot of people think that simple story equals a bad show for some reason.

Jul 19, 2022 1:03 AM
Mar 2021
I think very few people are DS haters, most are DS fan haters. First of all, they think it's overrated. DS is a good series but it is not a masterpiece by far, it has shortcomings in its plot and character writing and it is believed to be a masterpiece only because of its amazing animation and "exciting action"(like any shonen), but many fans are sure about it and started comparing it with other series which are much better and even saying that DS is better by calling the others overrated, and that made them earn the hatred of the other fandoms.
Jul 19, 2022 1:04 AM

Mar 2021
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:
I'm just can't understand how someone could hate this series. Is there something I'm missing.

yes. A brain to understand people can have different views, tastes and opinions.

Some people just want story to be good and will ignore how ever bad an animation is. DS has a lot of plot armors, Power of (family/friends/some random dude in my dreams) concept, which is very annoying. Tanjiro is in a pinch, he dreams about his dad telling him to breathe, and then he defeats a demon. I really find that frustrating.

A lot of people want well written character, who don't whine a lot and who are not cowards(Zenitsu) , who are not self overestimators(Inosuke) etc. I really dont care for such characters and in my opinion, I think having such character traits makes them more realistic.

A lot other dont appreciate the use of CGI in a 2d anime series. I agree a lot of shows used that and butchered the series, But this is Ufotable we are talking about, and they just made the show 8th wonder of the world.
V1P3R0PJul 19, 2022 1:11 AM
Jun 2021
there’s something wrong with a show if there’s not a single memorable thing about any of the characters.

May 2021
Bad antagonism,Redundant backstories,Cliché characters,predictable outcomes,bad motivations,and also a pathetic plot progression.
Jul 19, 2022 1:08 AM
Feb 2022
It's not that people don't like it. It's that they don't find it as good as everyone makes it seem. Like For me it's mid, buh a solid 7 or 8 out if 10. It's only carried by animation buh has a boring plot and MC and character writing. Buh what people hate most about it is it's noob filled fandom who compare it to actual masterpiece shows and even saying those shows are overrated.
NorthSageJul 19, 2022 1:12 AM
Jul 19, 2022 1:10 AM
Sep 2021
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:

It’s not you who’s missing a lot but rather demon slayer that’s missing a lot. In terms of story it just feels shallow, empty and on many occasions dumb. And that’s why many don’t like it. And it’s also why I never really focused too much on the story even when reading the manga. Demon slayer is just that one anime where you turn off your brain and enjoy the battles
Jul 19, 2022 1:10 AM
Mar 2022
It’s good but the next arc is gonna be boring af without the main trio together
Jul 19, 2022 1:13 AM

Feb 2015
There is nothing memorable about it other than the first few parts. That’s just me though. I only ever rate 0 or 10 but if I actually had to, it would be a 3/5 for me.

✩ 後家  半分 ໒꒱˚melody
sometimes i stream

Jul 19, 2022 1:25 AM
May 2021
I don’t know what to tell you man. Not everyone likes the same things. Just like you don’t like every single thing that everyone else likes. It’s not rocket science.
Jul 19, 2022 1:25 AM

Feb 2022
they should cope with the fact that we are enjoyers and they are suffering from a terminal case of hater
Jul 19, 2022 1:27 AM

Jan 2022
story is a bit meh, animation carried it, first season was fun the other ones are just more and more boring with only 1 fight happening
Jul 19, 2022 1:27 AM

Feb 2022
People can hate or love anything... some people like sour , some dont, some like sweet , some like spicy, some people are left handed , some are right handed, some people wear glasses, some people dont, some people love chemistry, some dont, some love biology , some dont.... people can love/hate everything so it shouldn't be a question that why people love or hate on this/that anime so much... i hope u understood my perspective... 👍
Jul 19, 2022 1:28 AM
Jul 2018
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:

see i don't come from a place of hate. i don't hate it. the animation is the most beautiful and fights are gorgeous. but are there plotholes ? yeah. are there plot conveniences and very poorly written plot armour ? yes. is there wasted potential? yes. but still it is entertaining and there are some themes i like and it is rated r( so gore and blood can be excessive) it is pretty good. the biggest problem might be the humour
Jul 19, 2022 1:31 AM
Apr 2022
i dont like kny but i dont dislike it either, its just some regular anime like any other shounen. it just has good animation. and the manga had pretty decent art, i just dont like kny too much
Jul 19, 2022 1:31 AM
Nov 2021
FinSR said:
I enjoy the show but the main trio really make it hard for me to watch sometimes. All 3 personalities can get extremely annoying in my opinion and it’s a frequent criticism I see. Also general predictability and lack of innovation in the story although this isn’t unique to demon slayer and could be said about many Shonen. That said I think it does what it sets out to do fine. Obviously it’s visuals are outstanding which for most people make up for what it lacks in other areas but because of this it won’t suit everyone’s tastes.

I can't stand inouske dude lol him and tanjiro are so annoying.
Jul 19, 2022 1:33 AM

Jul 2019
Idk why ppl keep coming up with the strangest "criticism" non-statements for Demon Slayer. I used to believe all that shit like "it was generic", "there are no good characters", but then you come to realise that it is not true, not entirely anyway.

I don't place Demon Slayer in the same race as others. It has all the necessary qualities to be a great and enjoyable battle shounen anyways? What's actually wrong with it?
Jul 19, 2022 1:37 AM

Mar 2022
pri_arts_ said:
they should cope with the fact that we are enjoyers and they are suffering from a terminal case of hater
I know! People really hate because they're haters and it's popular
Jul 19, 2022 1:38 AM

Jun 2021
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:

I don't exactly hate Demon Slayer but I can tell you why you're loving it now,the reason is written in your bio and I have been at the exact same stage since my first action anime was Demon Slayer and I thought it was great. Now after watching more animes I think even with the God tier animation it is 7-7.5/10 at best...the manga's mostly a 5 and last arc is a 6. But you're a 14 yr old so I guess you'll enjoy it for now...still it baffles me how you rated AoT a 4 and DS a 10,I'm pretty sure even at your age this has to some awful taste but I hope you mature overtime. Nevertheless enjoy what you want to. Demon Slayer is NOT BAD,but it is indeed one of the most overrated stuff I've watched
roxy_kouhaiJul 19, 2022 1:43 AM
Jul 19, 2022 1:42 AM

Jun 2021
KP_SENSEI said:
Bad antagonism,Redundant backstories,Cliché characters,predictable outcomes,bad motivations,and also a pathetic plot progression.

This sums up the whole series accurately
Jul 19, 2022 1:48 AM

Jul 2019
KP_SENSEI said:

Non-statements with literally no evidence to back up -.-
Jul 19, 2022 1:54 AM

Apr 2021
Demon Slayer is just an average battle shounen with tropes done better in other anime. For example, returning a sibling back to normal (FMA), fighting demons (Dororo, Claymore, Inuyasha), sword fights (Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo). And don’t get me started on the main cast.. I don’t think that many people actually think Demon Slayer bad, but praise this series gets is way more than it deserves. Then again it’s all opinion and you should just stick to what you like.
Jul 19, 2022 1:55 AM
Sep 2021
I'm the kind if person who likes story, and Demon Slayer just doesnt do itself any favours there, or in its writing, I just prefer to look past the surface level of the show and to enjoy it for what it really is and not what it appears.
Jul 19, 2022 1:56 AM

Jul 2022
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:

What's there to not understand? Demon Slayer is a show with an extremely predictable storyline, horrible 1 dimensional characters and mediocre world building. There is nothing this show has going for it other than flashy animation. If you like that than well and good, everybody has their own opinions about what is good or bad but don't expect everybody else to agree that this garbage show is amazing.

There are all sorts of people on this planet and all of these people have their own opinions and you just have to live with the fact that there are people with different opinion than you that exist on this planet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2022 1:59 AM
May 2022
mostly it's because of zenitsu they think he is cringe and some think s1 was boring
Jul 19, 2022 2:09 AM

Jul 2021
Arcanerocket said:
It’s good but the next arc is gonna be boring af without the main trio together

Better, without the annoying yellow guy (I forget his name, I really hate him)
asas
Jul 19, 2022 2:10 AM
Jul 2022
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:
I can't answer you properly because i would spoil the anime onlys.
Jul 19, 2022 2:12 AM

Sep 2020
I like Demon slayer for what it is. A good shonen with likable characters and a well-written and mysterious villain. I also like the power system as well.

I think a growing portion of anime fans think it is overrated and it saps away their enjoyment and makes them miserable thus they try to make people feel the same way they feel about the show by throwing words such as "overrated", "mid" or "generic".

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. - 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Jul 19, 2022 2:13 AM
Jul 2018
Just understand that everyone has different tastes
Jul 19, 2022 2:17 AM
Jan 2021
NextUniverse said:
KP_SENSEI said:

Non-statements with literally no evidence to back up -.-

muzan while a rather intimidating villain at first makes a lot of dumb decisions and just comes across as uninteresting (you know it's bad when a post on Muzan being a bad villain has 900+ upvotes on the literal KnY subreddit), the backstories are redundant because they are revealed only once the demons are defeated, which comes across as kinda annoying emotional manipulation, and character cliche and predictable outcomes can speak for themselves.

however the pacing isnt always the snappiest but honestly it's not that bad, motivations are also fine. I liked Demon Slayer more than I hated it, but cmon it isn't that hard to think of evidence to back those claims up
Jul 19, 2022 2:17 AM

Dec 2018
I found it a tad on the boring side. That’s just due to personal preferences. Didn’t hate it or even dislike it, but I can understand why others would have.
Jul 19, 2022 2:18 AM

Jul 2021
_cybersadist_ said:
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:

I don't exactly hate Demon Slayer but I can tell you why you're loving it now,the reason is written in your bio and I have been at the exact same stage since my first action anime was Demon Slayer and I thought it was great. Now after watching more animes I think even with the God tier animation it is 7-7.5/10 at best...the manga's mostly a 5 and last arc is a 6. But you're a 14 yr old so I guess you'll enjoy it for now...still it baffles me how you rated AoT a 4 and DS a 10,I'm pretty sure even at your age this has to some awful taste but I hope you mature overtime. Nevertheless enjoy what you want to. Demon Slayer is NOT BAD,but it is indeed one of the most overrated stuff I've watched

I'm 15 and I don't think my taste is "bad" at all, could be that, in my case, I has been watching anime like 2-3 years
asas
Jul 19, 2022 2:19 AM
May 2022
Idk, I just mostly watch these kinda shows for enjoyment. So I liked it
Jul 19, 2022 2:20 AM
Jun 2022
i have watched all DS seasons that are out just because I knew the animation studio (ufotable) that animated the fate series, my favourite anime. I think that the plot of DS is bad, characters are average and animation is PERFECT. anyway, if I had to read the manga, without animations, I wouldn't enjoy it
Jul 19, 2022 2:20 AM
Jul 2020
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:

Cz everyone's gonna be like it's the best anime altho the story is pretty mid... Not much character development of Zenitsu and Inosuke... just one great episode doesn't make it a great anime... the animation is great but that's not the only thing you should judge... there are more animes where the story is badass along with great character development... just cz of animation it's getting all the credit...it just isn't fair...
Jul 19, 2022 2:23 AM
Jan 2021
Maybe try to read and respect other people's reviews? Not everyone has to like demon slayer.
It's a generic shounen with good animations and fights. That's the what makes this series enjoyable.
Jul 19, 2022 2:31 AM
Jul 2018
For as much as people like to go on about people being sheep to watching popular anime, there are a lot of followers when it comes to bandwagoning the hate for shounen series such as these. Most of the people who try to give "objective criticism" for this show don't like shounen anime in the first place. But nevertheless they watch shows like these because they're popular and it's easier for them to project their tastes compared to something less well known.
Jul 19, 2022 2:32 AM

Jun 2021
Jhavibi said:
_cybersadist_ said:

I'm 15 and I don't think my taste is "bad" at all, could be that, in my case, I has been watching anime like 2-3 years

Dude where's this coming from you've rated Demon Slayer 1-3...and to be honest there's hardly any space to criticize your taste you've got Clannad,Fate,Oshi no Ko,Madoka magica in your favs
Jul 19, 2022 2:35 AM
Jan 2022
the majority hates DS fans not the show itself, imo DS is pretty mid
Jul 19, 2022 2:37 AM
Nov 2021
I don't hate it, i just don't like season 2 and got bored like 90% of the time. But season 1 was good I can't lie.
Jul 19, 2022 2:41 AM
Apr 2022
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:

actually I don't think it's bad
I just don't like it right the animation is great but I don't like the drawing
and I think demon slayer don't have a plot and the characters are not that great they are just copy old characters
and The thing I care about most about anime are the plot and drawing & animation and characters
and you know that anime is popular because of those
and like I said that on my opinion demon slayer don't have a good drawing and great characters and more important that doesn't have the plot
Jul 19, 2022 2:47 AM
Jan 2021
Well with 17 anime completed it is to be expected of someone to think that ds is anything more than a bad show with god tier animation and great ost.
Jul 19, 2022 2:48 AM
Jan 2021
XxD8M0N_S1AY8RxX said:
RioFS said:

that's because you don't want to accept their arguments
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why demon slayer is hated? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

scrapertoop - Nov 6, 2022

246 by Zarutaku »»
Today, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2019

217 by _Cafezinho0_ »»
Jun 13, 5:57 AM

» Bad animation? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - May 11

61 by Kyubey89 »»
Jun 10, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2019

200 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 8, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2019

198 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 8, 1:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.