Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 1, 2022 12:27 AM
Apr 2020
Recent episode was light-hearted and had a lot of great character interaction, yet online discussion surrounding it makes it look like one of the worst things ever happened to AoT. Feels like community and discourse around it are reaching new levels of toxicity by each episode.
unpredictablech_Mar 1, 2022 12:25 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 1, 2022 12:31 AM
Apr 2018
boku no hero might be worse.
Mar 1, 2022 12:35 AM

Nov 2021
I think the answer to your question is yes, AOT fans want every episode to be full of action.
Mar 1, 2022 12:37 AM

Jul 2020
Not only that, but the fandom is filled with the most hypocrisy ever.
I actually liked the recent episode that it was wholesome.
This thread perfectly points everything out.
In a nutshell, the fandom is just filled with edgelords who think genocide is the only solution.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1998026
ScordoloMar 1, 2022 12:41 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 1, 2022 12:38 AM
Jul 2018
It's not THE most toxic but it is ONE of the worst out there
Mar 1, 2022 12:39 AM
Nov 2019
not even close.
examples of worst fandoms (from the top of my head) are: mha, ds, sao, jojo, fate, monogatari and many more
Mar 1, 2022 12:39 AM

Jul 2017
Your late to the party
aot Fandom has been the most toxic since the season 4 of anime was announced (this is the first a Fandom has made me really annoyed)
Thou after the ending it has died down quite a bit
Mar 1, 2022 12:41 AM
Jan 2021
unpredictablech_ said:
Recent episode was light-hearted and had a lot of great character interaction, yet online discussion surrounding it makes it look like one of the worst things ever happened to AoT. Feels like community and discourse around it are reaching new levels of toxicity by each episode.

havent seen mha fandom?
Mar 1, 2022 12:44 AM
Sep 2021
unpredictablech_ said:

Don’t bother with this shit community anymore. They have become cringier than the demon slayer one. Just ignore their stupid comments and enjoy the show
Mar 1, 2022 12:51 AM

Jan 2021
kusharin_RD said:
not even close.
examples of worst fandoms (from the top of my head) are: mha, ds, sao, jojo, fate, monogatari and many more

I know I might be biased, but Monogatari series? I have never seen someone from this fandom being toxic
they deleted my signature again so i'm not making a new one
Mar 1, 2022 12:51 AM
Feb 2021
VeryGhoul said:
unpredictablech_ said:

Don’t bother with this shit community anymore. They have become cringier than the demon slayer one. Just ignore their stupid comments and enjoy the show

Yeah 👍👍👍
Mar 1, 2022 12:52 AM

Jan 2021
kusharin_RD said:
not even close.

Also definitely fmab
they deleted my signature again so i'm not making a new one
Mar 1, 2022 12:53 AM
Dec 2020
I'm a Hardcore fan of AOT but the fandom is shit .
Even if a person is trying to make a genuine discussion they would roast him and I don't know why.
I'd say they are watching AOT to criticize not to enjoy.
Last 2 episodes were dialogue heavy so they're saying quality has dropped, But as soon as Action comes the quality will rise again for them.
Last 2 ep were so good and had lot of tense conversation and everyone is confused and they feel like dead from inside and unable to to do anything but that's what makes them more human , Maybe if they could unlock some hidden power but they can't, but they can't see any of that because criticizing is more important for them not enjoying the show
Mar 1, 2022 12:53 AM
Nov 2020
Definitely, somehow the aot fandom has overtaken the bnha fandom(which was already god awful) to become one the worst fandoms period. The amount of shit this fandom does even rivals the amount of war crimes committed by their protagonist Eren Jaeger himself. I think the fandom really became shit when the anime became hugely mainstream again from The Final Season. Sad to see such an amazing series associated with the worst fandom in existence
Mar 1, 2022 12:57 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah. In my honest opinion, Attack on Titan has the worst fanbase alongside Fairy Tail and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Mar 1, 2022 1:09 AM
Jul 2021
Aot has the worst fandom. Which other fandom do you know that give death threats to the creators just because one of their favorite scenes had a different soundtrack or death threat to voice actor because her character killed one of their favorite character. Enough said, right.
Mar 1, 2022 1:11 AM
Oct 2019
unpredictablech_ said:

AOT definitely has one of the most infuriating fandoms in my opinion, at least as a casual watcher. The amount of pettiness I've seen is taking the fun out of the show for me.
Mar 1, 2022 1:12 AM

Jun 2021
Having a toxic fanbase is better than having a dumb one...yes I'm referring to the Naruto fanbase.
Mar 1, 2022 1:18 AM
Jan 2021
I think One Piece is, but AoT is a close second or third.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Mar 1, 2022 1:30 AM
Apr 2021
the anime fandom as a whole is trash trust me there's a reason I don't talk about anime in public.
Tokyo ghoul is a great manga with a trash anime adaptation

Mar 1, 2022 1:32 AM
Apr 2021
_cyberwarrior_ said:
Having a toxic fanbase is better than having a dumb one...yes I'm referring to the Naruto fanbase.

no I would rather spend a day with the naruto fandom than the AoT fandom

Mar 1, 2022 1:40 AM
Nov 2021
It indeed has one of the worst fandom .Immature and toxic.... Its became more worse after the S4.. I haven't seen the toxicity of Bnha
Mar 1, 2022 1:42 AM

Feb 2019
Yes, they are (easily), but not for the reasons you mentioned. Pointing out the flaws of a show doesn't equate to toxicity. I could just say that the fans make AOT look like the "objectively" best thing ever and impose so, fervently, to the point of being pathetic over a single opposing opinion. Ofcourse this could be said on other fandoms as well, but no fandom is currently doing it in magnitude worse than this one.
Mar 1, 2022 2:00 AM
Aug 2020
The most toxic Fandoms in the world are Star wars (you have no idea about the constant civil wars about any subject) and real world politics, you have no idea ;)
Mar 1, 2022 2:16 AM
Feb 2022
because normies watch it, it is too popular for its own good.
Mar 1, 2022 2:19 AM
Dec 2020
I would say kinda. It's my favourite anime but honestly some of the fandom makes me not wanted to be associated with them. From the the studio, to the characters, to the storyline, they NEVER SHUT UP about not liking something about it! People get genuinely furious if you don't agree with their opinion (actually kind of funny to read some of the long arguments under AOT related videos).
Mar 1, 2022 2:38 AM
Jan 2021
Well, it's filled with 14 year old edgelords, what do ya expect?
Mar 1, 2022 3:03 AM

Jul 2021
not rlly, i think every popular anime has a toxic fanbase.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 1, 2022 3:21 AM

Jun 2021
nonofyourbeeswax said:
_cyberwarrior_ said:

Well duh, Naruto fans are so dumb that they have dumb and illogical opinions about there own show so it'd be easy to spend time with them since they don't stand a chance in a crossverse debate
Mar 1, 2022 3:27 AM
May 2021
I thought everyone already know that it is.
Mar 1, 2022 3:33 AM
Dec 2020
I wish aot was never popular. popularity brings toxic fans.
Mar 1, 2022 4:10 AM
Apr 2021
_cyberwarrior_ said:
nonofyourbeeswax said:

Well duh, Naruto fans are so dumb that they have dumb and illogical opinions about there own show so it'd be easy to spend time with them since they don't stand a chance in a crossverse debate
that's way better than the fans trying to justify genocide

Mar 1, 2022 5:19 AM
May 2021
nonofyourbeeswax said:
_cyberwarrior_ said:

Oh no people support a fictional character doing fictional actions!
Mar 1, 2022 5:29 AM
Jul 2018
I don't know if I would say the most toxic. But some of them definitely are toxic. They try so hard to separate themselves from other shounen fandoms. But the only thing keeping them alive at this point is the anime. I'm not that far in the manga. But the hype on that side of the fandom already seems to be dead because the ending was controversial from what I've seen. For the ones who weren't toxic, I have nothing against them. But for the ones who wanted to act like elitists, I can honestly laugh at them now since their glory days of hyping up the series are over.
removed-userMar 1, 2022 5:37 AM
Mar 1, 2022 5:56 AM
Apr 2021
PresE2PayRespect said:
nonofyourbeeswax said:

it's not that it's the way they act

Mar 1, 2022 5:57 AM

Sep 2021
kusharin_RD said:
not even close.

ive never seen any sao or monogatari fans being toxic
sao fans are funny they just know their show is shit and dont even deny it pretty cool ngl
fmab, mha, demon slayer, one piece and naruto are absolutely the worst fandoms
Mar 1, 2022 6:00 AM
May 2021
nonofyourbeeswax said:
PresE2PayRespect said:

So now we've gone from "people bad for justifying (fictional) genocide" to "people bad for how they act"? Nice one.
Mar 1, 2022 6:01 AM
Apr 2021
PresE2PayRespect said:
nonofyourbeeswax said:

So now we've gone from "people bad for justifying (fictional) genocide" to "people bad for how they act"? Nice one.
no use explaining why I hate this fandom

Mar 1, 2022 6:02 AM
Apr 2021
PresE2PayRespect said:
nonofyourbeeswax said:

I hate them because they are cringe and they give me brain cancer

Mar 1, 2022 6:16 AM
Apr 2021
PresE2PayRespect said:
nonofyourbeeswax said:

you see this fandom is so trash I cant even nitpick what I hate because I hate all of it infact I hate the anime fandom as a whole. I love anime but the entire community is a cesspool of elitist and degenerates. They are the reason I never bring up anime if I sit with my normie friends.

Mar 1, 2022 6:20 AM
May 2021
nonofyourbeeswax said:
PresE2PayRespect said:

you see this fandom is so trash I cant even nitpick what I hate because I hate all of it infact I hate the anime fandom as a whole. I love anime but the entire community is a cesspool of elitist and degenerates. They are the reason I never bring up anime if I sit with my normie friends.
Bro u get mad at people supporting a fictional character. Grow thicker skin dude.
Mar 1, 2022 6:37 AM
Apr 2021
PresE2PayRespect said:
nonofyourbeeswax said:
Bro u get mad at people supporting a fictional character. Grow thicker skin dude.
I don't get mad at that I just said it to justify my hate for this fandom

Mar 1, 2022 6:49 AM

Feb 2020
i would say currently, yes.

Mar 1, 2022 7:10 AM

Jun 2017
Currently yes. I would expect that to change maybe after 2 more years.
Mar 1, 2022 7:12 AM
Feb 2021
well jojo mha are also pretty toxic but its indeed sadly one of the most toxic ones
Mar 1, 2022 7:16 AM
Feb 2021
JackB001 said:
The most toxic Fandoms in the world are Star wars (you have no idea about the constant civil wars about any subject) and real world politics, you have no idea ;)

your so right about star wars being one of the most toxic Fandoms in the world
Mar 1, 2022 7:20 AM
Jan 2021
Yes aot fandom is the worst fandom of all time
Mar 1, 2022 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
Toxic? Not sure, I don't spend a lot of time in fandoms for comparison. Haven't seen the anime or read the manga myself but some fans are a little intense. Not like any of this behavior is new or anything. The question of toxic fandoms seem to follow popular anime.
Mar 1, 2022 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
So when they hate an episode they should stfu or something? Actually if they start praising something that is bad that would be way more toxic
And if you're talking about negativity on this site I recommend you to delete your Mal account asap because it's just a normal thing here
Mar 1, 2022 7:52 AM
Aug 2020
Not quite, but very high up there. Jojo and My hero's fandom exists to keep it from the top.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 20, 2022

281 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 30, 2022

545 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:30 AM

» Is Armin useless?

sadpotatoh - Mar 23, 2022

32 by escarabajo »»
Jun 4, 7:40 PM

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.