Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Is labelling to each other with "too idealistic like naive" and "too extreme like fascist" really necessary?

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 22, 2022 6:32 AM
Feb 2018
The title says all, what's your answers?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 22, 2022 7:01 AM
Feb 2020
No it isn't necessary. It's stupid if anything. Mfs really out here labeling people as fascists for thinking a certain way about fictional characters
Feb 22, 2022 7:03 AM

Dec 2018
Yes, there's not enough entertainment in my popcorn
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Feb 22, 2022 7:13 AM

Dec 2020
It's really stupid and annoying that people are calling others fascist or homophobic over fictional characters.
Feb 22, 2022 8:03 AM
Nov 2010
It's social media culture. Just look at people blowing things out of proportion regarding vaccine and canadian truckers debates from both sides. You can say stupid biased shit and still be rewarded with "approval" from others. Disappointing but not surprising. Radical elements do exist but they are magnified out of proportion.
kensionFeb 22, 2022 8:16 AM
Feb 22, 2022 11:20 AM

Oct 2020
It's not about being necessary or unnecessary. Your opinion about things, even fictitious, reflects who you are.
Feb 22, 2022 12:26 PM
Jan 2021
I_Am_Freeballing said:
It's not about being necessary or unnecessary. Your opinion about things, even fictitious, reflects who you are.

Exactly. Saying "it's fiction bro, don't take it seriously" is really stupid imo.
Feb 22, 2022 12:31 PM
Mar 2020
It’s not necessary at all but tell that to all the sensitive people in the world.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 22, 2022 12:38 PM

Feb 2020
Fascist is just another idealist lol

I hate ideology induced mental cages, even in anime and outside anime.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Feb 22, 2022 1:00 PM

Jan 2009
well art is political too anyway
Feb 22, 2022 1:18 PM

Apr 2015
Dude you fascist and nazi and furry
Feb 22, 2022 1:43 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
TheFounder131 said:
It's really stupid and annoying that people are calling others fascist or homophobic over fictional characters.
This is to be expected from AoT Twitter. If you don't submit to their hive mind filled with baseless head canon (Like their belief that ErenxMikasa makes sense and has tons of examples of it in the manga)/lack of evidence or rational thoughts for that matter, they either accuse you of not understanding the story or they call you a nazi/fascist

That's why I don't take the fans of this series on there seriously anymore and only pay attention to the leakers that are there
Feb 22, 2022 1:45 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I_Am_Freeballing said:
It does not in the slightest, but seeing this come from you of all people makes a lot of sense, so I'm not surprised that you also believe this dumbass fallacy
Feb 22, 2022 2:23 PM

Sep 2014
Calling someone naive and calling someone a fascist is not the same. The magnitude of the words is different. Have you ever heard the story about the boy who cried wolf? That's the first thing that comes to mind when i see people namedropping "fascist" about opinions on fiction.

Expanding on your question, within the story Armin is a naive idealist. Are you a naive idealist if you like Armin? No you are not! Floch within the story is an untra nationalist or fascist even, are you a fascist if you like Floch. Nope , not in the slightest. Does thinking that AOT's world conflict would be resolved in any other way than genocide makes you naive? Yes it does.
majinaleFeb 22, 2022 2:43 PM
Feb 22, 2022 2:50 PM

Feb 2021
Isn't it kind of true though that yeagerists are kind of fascists, or at least they derive their spirit from the same place. And Eren.. what he's doing is worse than what Hitler done, Hitler didn't want to kill everyone but Germans, Eren's literally genociding everybody, it seems like people don't think he is as bad because he's not discriminating between everyone else and instead he's equally killing everyone? That's even more fucked up if you ask me.
I can't even say Eren is more "justified", he can sacrifice Historia and protect the Island without the genocide. It's not like he has no other choice, you can argue that 50 year plan wouldn't work, but you can always argue that something will not work, you can never be sure. It doesn't mean you must kill everyone.
Mass genocide simply isn't the only choice. If it was, then yeah i'd say he's justified along with Floch.
Feb 22, 2022 3:02 PM

Sep 2014
Xilver said:

I can't even say Eren is more "justified", he can sacrifice Historia and protect the Island without the genocide.

I don't really disagree with this. But that was a no no for Eren, since he said multiple times verbatim he will not do it
Feb 22, 2022 3:09 PM

Feb 2021
majinale said:
Xilver said:

I can't even say Eren is more "justified", he can sacrifice Historia and protect the Island without the genocide.

I don't really disagree with this. But that was a no no for Eren, since he said multiple times verbatim he will not do it

Letting her become a titan live for 13 years and then get eaten is a no-no while genociding the world is fine. That's why i'm saying he's not justified.

Feb 22, 2022 3:10 PM
Nov 2010
Xilver said:

Mass genocide simply isn't the only choice.

I have been thinking that maybe Eren should let Willy Tybur eat him and then Eren can take over Tybur's mind. It has to happen before the speech though.
Feb 22, 2022 3:15 PM
Feb 2018
ShadowUnown said:
Dude you fascist and nazi and furry

Man that's really cruel:(
Feb 22, 2022 3:26 PM
Mar 2021
I_Am_Freeballing said:

So if I like rudeus as a character, am I a pedophile? No, no I’m not. If I like eren as a character, do I support child murdering? No, no I don’t. If I like light as a character, do I support serial killers? No, no i don’t. So fuck off with this bullshit
Feb 22, 2022 3:38 PM

Sep 2014
Xilver said:
majinale said:

Letting her become a titan live for 13 years and then get eaten is a no-no while genociding the world is fine. That's why i'm saying he's not justified.

My argument as to why i can say that Eren is justified, is based upon my assessment that the 50 year plan or any variation of it is infeasible (for various reasons both in-story and meta). If i am to concede that a peaceful solution is feasible then yes Eren is not justified obviously.
Feb 22, 2022 3:52 PM
Nov 2010
majinale said:
Xilver said:

My argument as to why i can say that Eren is justified, is based upon my assessment that the 50 year plan or any variation of it is infeasible (for various reasons both in-story and meta). If i am to concede that a peaceful solution is feasible then yes Eren is not justified obviously.

well, the fact that historia's chair manages to appear in PATH opens up a possibility.
Feb 22, 2022 4:08 PM

Oct 2020
Tokoya said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
It does not in the slightest, but seeing this come from you of all people makes a lot of sense, so I'm not surprised that you also believe this dumbass fallacy

Oh look. It's a loli fascist. Yawn.

Onii-Chan74993 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

So if I like rudeus as a character, am I a pedophile? No, no I’m not. If I like eren as a character, do I support child murdering? No, no I don’t. If I like light as a character, do I support serial killers? No, no i don’t. So fuck off with this bullshit

That is literally not what I said lol. I love Eren and Floch as characters too. I just don't support them. You can like Rudeus and Light as characters but do you support them? Lol
My problem isn't people liking Eren and Floch, as I do too. The problem is people saying they are right. They are not and never will be.
Feb 22, 2022 4:18 PM
Mar 2021
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Tokoya said:

Onii-Chan74993 said:

That is literally not what I said lol. I love Eren and Floch as characters too. I just don't support them. You can like Rudeus and Light as characters but do you support them? Lol
My problem isn't people liking Eren and Floch, as I do too. The problem is people saying they are right. They are not and never will be.

Aight, sorry, i get what you mean now
Feb 22, 2022 4:18 PM

Feb 2021
majinale said:
Xilver said:

Even so Eren was going along with the plan before Historia's part came up. He was calmly reading the papers and was open to negotiations and compromises. So even if you don't believe 50 year plan could work, Eren himself rejected it mostly for a different reason. Or at least that's how it is depicted in the manga and in the anime.
Feb 22, 2022 5:25 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Tokoya said:

Let me give you some advice....When you clearly cannot back up why something shouldn't happen in a unique fictional setting by using real world events as an argument, fallaciously calling someone an extremists doesn't help your argument and it never will hols up in an academic debate.....This is like you telling me that I cannot and I should not have sex out of wedlock because according to the Bible that is morally wrong and is a sin

The fact that you're randomly calling me a lolicon now just further shows that you don't have a fuck to say as an actual rebuttal lol

Feb 22, 2022 7:14 PM
Superior

Apr 2008
I_Am_Freeballing said:

You do know you're on a forum discussing an anime where every positively portrayed person is, in some sense, a white nationalist, right? You're contributing to fascism just as much as the browncoats did. ๐Ÿคฎ
Feb 23, 2022 1:16 PM

Oct 2020
Tokoya said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Let me give you some advice....When you clearly cannot back up why something shouldn't happen in a unique fictional setting by using real world events as an argument, fallaciously calling someone an extremists doesn't help your argument and it never will hols up in an academic debate.....This is like you telling me that I cannot and I should not have sex out of wedlock because according to the Bible that is morally wrong and is a sin

The fact that you're randomly calling me a lolicon now just further shows that you don't have a fuck to say as an actual rebuttal lol

Using the word fallacious a lot doesn't make you sound smarter. I absolutely will and can use real-life events to relate how someone feels about something fictional. I am also not on an anime forum to hold academic debates lol. Your Bible example literally makes no sense and I have no idea what you're trying to say by it. I'm not saying one should follow a fictitious work and act by it. The Bible can say whatever it wants, it's how you feel about the Bible that speaks about you as a person. No one is telling you to follow it but if you actually do follow what the Bible says then I will and can judge you as a person.

DarkSageRK said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

You do know you're on a forum discussing an anime where every positively portrayed person is, in some sense, a white nationalist, right? You're contributing to fascism just as much as the browncoats did. ๐Ÿคฎ

Literally what? Who is the white nationalist on AOT that's positively portrayed? Do you not know what a nationalist is? I got a brain tumor reading this reply.
Feb 23, 2022 1:43 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Tokoya said:

Using the word fallacious a lot doesn't make you sound smarter. I absolutely will and can use real-life events to relate how someone feels about something fictional. I am also not on an anime forum to hold academic debates lol. Your Bible example literally makes no sense and I have no idea what you're trying to say by it. I'm not saying one should follow a fictitious work and act by it. The Bible can say whatever it wants, it's how you feel about the Bible that speaks about you as a person. No one is telling you to follow it but if you actually do follow what the Bible says then I will and can judge you as a person.

DarkSageRK said:

Literally what? Who is the white nationalist on AOT that's positively portrayed? Do you not know what a nationalist is? I got a brain tumor reading this reply.
Yes, you can definitely use real world logic here since Little Jimmy and Susie DEFINITELY knows what it feels like to be eaten by a Titan or be oppressed by a government that can use magical abilities to wipe their minds, turn them into Titans and then some

My Bible example makes perfect sense because you're using real world morals to dictate what should happen in a fictional story that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with events in our world nor are there any distinct similarities to compare either

I used the bible because nowadays Christians LOVE to use certain sayings and events that happen inside of it even though 1. the validity of the bible is sus as hell and 2. A lot of it contradicts itself as well

Some Christians would lead you to believe that sinning will send you to hell (Even though the bible says that we can be forgiven for them) and as such, having sex before marriage is morally a sin according to the Bible

Your mindset and one like this is literally the same fucking thing lol, you cannot apply that logic to our current world...For someone who thinks they're so smart, you really lack common sense lol
Feb 23, 2022 2:12 PM

May 2016
I love when people have essentially completely different moral systems to judge something, depending whether that happens in a story or in real life.

Makes sense when it's a gag or joke in some wacky anime. Aot, however, is trying to be serious, exploring ideas and facets of humanity that are actually relevant to us and the history of our species, and it is not doing that just to be dismissed as something trivial, merely the setting in some fun story.

Ask yourself, if you were an actual person within the world of Aot, which side would you be on? Don't just take a side as an unconcerned outsider.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Feb 23, 2022 2:23 PM

Oct 2020
Tokoya said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Yes, you can definitely use real world logic here since Little Jimmy and Susie DEFINITELY knows what it feels like to be eaten by a Titan or be oppressed by a government that can use magical abilities to wipe their minds, turn them into Titans and then some

My Bible example makes perfect sense because you're using real world morals to dictate what should happen in a fictional story that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with events in our world nor are there any distinct similarities to compare either

I used the bible because nowadays Christians LOVE to use certain sayings and events that happen inside of it even though 1. the validity of the bible is sus as hell and 2. A lot of it contradicts itself as well

Some Christians would lead you to believe that sinning will send you to hell (Even though the bible says that we can be forgiven for them) and as such, having sex before marriage is morally a sin according to the Bible

Your mindset and one like this is literally the same fucking thing lol, you cannot apply that logic to our current world...For someone who thinks they're so smart, you really lack common sense lol

I am not using real-life morals to dictate what should happen in a fictitious world. Nor am I judging fictional characters. I am using them to judge people's opinions of said fiction. I myself love Floch as a character but if you actually support him and think that what he is doing is right then I absolutely will judge you for it.

You are just straight-up lying when you say AOT has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with events in our world. AOT is literally a commentary on our world with titans being merely a foil. Isayama literally copied WW2 and added titans. Fantastical elements such as titans being a thing don't negate the reality AOT is portraying.

Again, what you're saying about Bible makes no sense as that is people using a fictional work(Bible) to dictate how we should act in real life. The right comparison would be the following: The reality is, sex is a thing almost everyone experiences before marriage, therefore you should judge the Bible that portrays it as a sin as it is not based in reality.

Both you and me are therefore judging the Bible. See? Why would we do that and not do the same for AOT?

So if we use that for AOT, we have the following: The reality is, fascists are morally corrupt people, so you should judge Floch as being portrayed as just that. Floch as a fictional character isn't being portrayed as something strange to our world. People exactly like him exist today.

Saying that you support Floch and it's okay because he's fictional is just a way to hide your personal moral corruption. I like Floch more than Armin as a character but I don't support his values as they are values that exist in our world and are portrayed as factually wrong.

If you go to rule34 and look at Gabi porn, does it make it okay because she's a fictional character and a drawing? Of course not, as you would still be turned on by the image of a child which would be ALARMING and WRONG.

Btw, when I called you a loli fascist I did so as a joke because you had Tanya as your pfp, and seeing as you support Floch I thought there was a pattern there.

Edit: Also, what this person said:

HyperL said:
I love when people have essentially completely different moral systems to judge something, depending whether that happens in a story or in real life.

Makes sense when it's a gag or joke in some wacky anime. Aot, however, is trying to be serious, exploring ideas and facets of humanity that are actually relevant to us and the history of our species, and it is not doing that just to be dismissed as something trivial, merely the setting in some fun story.

Ask yourself, if you were an actual person within the world of Aot, which side would you be on? Don't just take a side as an unconcerned outsider.
I_Am_FreeballingFeb 23, 2022 2:31 PM
Feb 23, 2022 3:11 PM
Superior

Apr 2008
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Levi, Sasha, Reiner... literally every fucking character is fighting to preserve their ideal form of a nation run entirely by white people. If you support Attack on Titan, you inherently support fascism. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just saying those are the facts.
Feb 23, 2022 3:17 PM

Oct 2020
DarkSageRK said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Levi, Sasha, Reiner... literally every fucking character is fighting to preserve their ideal form of a nation run entirely by white people. If you support Attack on Titan, you inherently support fascism. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just saying those are the facts.

That is... just completely incorrect. I am baffled by your reasoning. I have no words.
Feb 23, 2022 3:29 PM
Superior

Apr 2008
I_Am_Freeballing said:
DarkSageRK said:

That is... just completely incorrect. I am baffled by your reasoning. I have no words.

How is this news to you? Did you think Armin was a black communist?
Feb 23, 2022 3:33 PM

Oct 2020
DarkSageRK said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

It doesn't matter what race they are. They are not motivated by it. Suggesting that Armin is fighting so that a white person can be in charge might be the dumbest thing I ever heard on this forum.
Feb 23, 2022 3:39 PM

May 2018
Yes it's very necessary indeed!
Feb 23, 2022 3:39 PM
Mar 2021
I_Am_Freeballing said:

The point is that considering all we have seen eren go through in the past 3 seasons most people probably think eren needs to do this because of the kind of treatment eldians have received for such a long time.
your fictitious opinion cannot possibly reflect who you are when you are that invested in a character. something like this would not happen in the real world.
Feb 23, 2022 3:45 PM

Oct 2020
Aneesh_1501 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

The point is that considering all we have seen eren go through in the past 3 seasons most people probably think eren needs to do this because of the kind of treatment eldians have received for such a long time.
your fictitious opinion cannot possibly reflect who you are when you are that invested in a character. something like this would not happen in the real world.

That's not what I'm saying tho. I like Eren and I'd probably do the same thing if I experienced what he did. Just because he has to do this to protect his county doesn't make it the right thing to do. I'm talking about people who actually root for and support him. Eren is my top 1 favorite character and I love that the story went this way but what he is doing is factually wrong. Anyone who actually supports what Eren, but more scarily, Floch, is doing is a major red flag.
Feb 23, 2022 3:45 PM
Superior

Apr 2008
I_Am_Freeballing said:
DarkSageRK said:

It doesn't matter what race they are. They are not motivated by it. Suggesting that Armin is fighting so that a white person can be in charge might be the dumbest thing I ever heard on this forum.

Do you think Armin's goal is to make Onyonokokopon king, then? I'm genuinely concerned you watched up to this point in the show without thinking about these things.
Feb 23, 2022 3:47 PM

Oct 2020
DarkSageRK said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Do you think Armin's goal is to make Onyonokokopon king, then? I'm genuinely concerned you watched up to this point in the show without thinking about these things.

Are you suggesting that characters like Armin, Sasha and Reiner would mind Onyankopon being king? I'm genuinely concerned you watched up to this point in the show without thinking about these things.
Feb 23, 2022 3:50 PM
Superior

Apr 2008
I_Am_Freeballing said:
DarkSageRK said:

Are you suggesting that characters like Armin, Sasha and Reiner would mind Onyankopon being king? I'm genuinely concerned you watched up to this point in the show without thinking about these things.

If you can point me to any point in the series (anime or manga) where any of those three either specifically state or heavily imply that they want Onkanyokopon to be king... well then, I'll admit you aren't a fascist.
Feb 23, 2022 3:55 PM

Oct 2020
DarkSageRK said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

If you can point me to any point in the series (anime or manga) where any of those three either specifically state or heavily imply that they want Onkanyokopon to be king... well then, I'll admit you aren't a fascist.

Why do they have to want either race to be king? Even if a white person were to rule it wouldn't be because they specifically wanted a white person lol. They don't care. You are either stupid or a troll. This will be my last reply to you.
Feb 23, 2022 3:59 PM
Superior

Apr 2008
I_Am_Freeballing said:
DarkSageRK said:

Why do they have to want either race to be king? Even if a white person were to rule it wouldn't be because they specifically wanted a white person lol. They don't care. You are either stupid or a troll. This will be my last reply to you.

Looks like we both agree you're a fascist then. Glad we could come to a mutual understanding.
Feb 23, 2022 4:30 PM

Jan 2016
DarkSageRK said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Someone's been watching AoT with their asscheeks pointed at the screen.
Tell you what, if you can prove that those main characters you mentioned are "white nationalists", using scenes and dialogue from the series as evidence. Maybe i won't consider you a complete fucking buffoon.

Also, you should watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9DNSaXjSDo&t=1s
Feb 23, 2022 5:19 PM
Mar 2021
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Aneesh_1501 said:

That's not what I'm saying tho. I like Eren and I'd probably do the same thing if I experienced what he did. Just because he has to do this to protect his county doesn't make it the right thing to do. I'm talking about people who actually root for and support him. Eren is my top 1 favorite character and I love that the story went this way but what he is doing is factually wrong. Anyone who actually supports what Eren, but more scarily, Floch, is doing is a major red flag.

Oh I'm not saying it's right either I'm just saying it's pointless to label people fascists for supporting eren, cuz like you said everyone would've done the same as eren in that situation.
Feb 23, 2022 6:58 PM
Nov 2010
Aneesh_1501 said:
something like this would not happen in the real world.

Sure, but you don't need the totality of circumstances to be 100% to develop similar feelings as Eren's. Like if you see a manga showing a character being put into 200 degree water and wish for quick death, and you can say 200 degree water doesn't exist in real life. But even with 100 degree water, you can still imagine people wishing for quick death.

cuz like you said everyone would've done the same as eren in that situation.

Well, I am religious so no(but there's a high chance I would back when I was younger before becoming religious). XD But putting that aside, I remember seeing a reddit poll after final chapter and I think the result is closer to 50% of people calling full rumbling the most strategic method.
kensionFeb 23, 2022 7:07 PM
Feb 23, 2022 7:01 PM

Feb 2021
What Eren is goes way beyond ethno-nationalism. No matter how many video essayist try argue otherwise. World genocide is a degree that even nazis don't come close to.
These anti-semitic or not anti-semitic arguments are even more fucking stupid because they try to argue that Eldians that colonized the entire world, Eldians who were the most powerful empire in the history are somehow the Jews. Eldians are a race of fucking conquerors, you can say that they're the Japanese, you can say they're the British, the Germans whatever, but most definitely not the Jews. This story isn't about being oppressed because you were the weak and got colonized, this story is about facing the dilemma of the ancestral sins.
And Eldia is a fucking monarchy, and Armin of co did a revolution to restore the true monarch by blood.
Feb 24, 2022 10:34 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Tokoya said:

I am not using real-life morals to dictate what should happen in a fictitious world. Nor am I judging fictional characters. I am using them to judge people's opinions of said fiction. I myself love Floch as a character but if you actually support him and think that what he is doing is right then I absolutely will judge you for it.

You are just straight-up lying when you say AOT has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with events in our world. AOT is literally a commentary on our world with titans being merely a foil. Isayama literally copied WW2 and added titans. Fantastical elements such as titans being a thing don't negate the reality AOT is portraying.

Again, what you're saying about Bible makes no sense as that is people using a fictional work(Bible) to dictate how we should act in real life. The right comparison would be the following: The reality is, sex is a thing almost everyone experiences before marriage, therefore you should judge the Bible that portrays it as a sin as it is not based in reality.

Both you and me are therefore judging the Bible. See? Why would we do that and not do the same for AOT?

So if we use that for AOT, we have the following: The reality is, fascists are morally corrupt people, so you should judge Floch as being portrayed as just that. Floch as a fictional character isn't being portrayed as something strange to our world. People exactly like him exist today.

Saying that you support Floch and it's okay because he's fictional is just a way to hide your personal moral corruption. I like Floch more than Armin as a character but I don't support his values as they are values that exist in our world and are portrayed as factually wrong.

If you go to rule34 and look at Gabi porn, does it make it okay because she's a fictional character and a drawing? Of course not, as you would still be turned on by the image of a child which would be ALARMING and WRONG.

Btw, when I called you a loli fascist I did so as a joke because you had Tanya as your pfp, and seeing as you support Floch I thought there was a pattern there.

HyperL said:

I'm gonna enjoy picking this apart lol
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Tokoya said:

HyperL said:

>Says he's not using real-life morals to dictate what should happen in a fictional story
<Then goes on to say that what said characters are doing isn't right even though its literally the only choice they have other than sitting down waiting to die
>Then proceeds to go on to try and justify using real life morals via a comparison to WW2

You're a walking contradiction at this point lol.

The only thing World War 2 has in common with this arc is that both are "wars" but other than that, the similarities end there because the events leading up to/what caused the war are way more nuanced and deep.

Since you know nothing of world history, I'l explain it all:

First of all, post WWI, Germany itself went through a lot of turmoil because after losing the war, a very vocal group of individuals blamed their defeat on unrest on their own soil (Basically they said that because the left wing parties and the Jews essentially sabotaged Germany's war efforts, that's why they lost), and then their economy took a huge blow as well due to hyperinflation and unemployment and its because of these things, is why the Nazi party came into power and began the persecution and genocide of the non-Arian races in their country and then the push to stabilize and grow their economy, which then led to them trying to expand their empire and grow their economy via the occupation of countries like Poland (Some which Japan themselves was also about too at this time, hence why they joined Germany and Russia in the war)

As a result of this, the British and French (And later the US after the Pearl Harbor incident - Which btw is the only reason why they joined the war. Prior to this event, majority of Americans wanted absolutely nothing to do with this war, but its ironic that now, this event is what made the US get their current god complex to the point that "the American Way" is the right way lol, but thats besides the point here) said nah, this is wrong and we need to stop this and restore law and order, hence why WW2 started

In Attack on Titan, Marley initially wanted to just take all of Paradis' resources, and the Founding Titan so that they could establish themselves as the World's Superpower, but after realizing how much of a threat they are now, they instead decided to convince the world to just destroy the island and everyone on it completely (Via propaganda of the Eldian Empire trying to restore themselves as the Superpower again - How ironic of Marley to sell this lol), hence why Eren said we'll just destroy you all first and live out the rest of our days in peace and free of you people and your shit

Please show me how these two events are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO similar lol

As for the Bible thing, it's not fictional first and foremost, a lot of the people and events named in the Bible are actually true, we just don't know to what extent some of the things in it actually are true (Especially when it comes to the more fantastical stuff like the things Jesus did for example), hence why to some people the Bible is held to such a high and revered standard - Thus my comparison still stands....Your hypocrisy is the same

You judging me for seeing why narratively speaking, a 100% makes sense is nowhere near the same because you're not even stating why the narrative wouldn't call for it, and instead you're attacking my character, and basing your "solution" on real world morality in regards to real world events

What you're doing is ignoring why people agree with what Eren is doing in order to spit a narrative of what is morally right and wrong by our/your real world standards, when quite frankly you cannot because the nature of a fictional story such as Attack on Titan doesn't call for that at all

The fact of the matter is, in Attack on Titan, in this current arc, the story is set up where its a situation of its either us or them

You wanna have idealistic hopes like Armin and Hange and that's fine, you can believe in whatever you want to believe but the story literally calls for one side to be eliminated in order for this fighting and oppression to stop

And as much I'd personally like to agree with you on that pedophilia point, you cannot compare sexual gratification to that of a "political' or rather a realist/cynic mindset in regards to matters of life or death
TokoyaFeb 24, 2022 10:38 AM
Feb 24, 2022 11:10 AM
Nov 2010
Tokoya said:

What you're doing is ignoring why people agree with what Eren is doing in order to spit a narrative of what is morally right and wrong by our/your real world standards, when quite frankly you cannot because the nature of a fictional story such as Attack on Titan doesn't call for that at all

The fact of the matter is, in Attack on Titan, in this current arc, the story is set up where its a situation of its either us or them

You wanna have idealistic hopes like Armin and Hange and that's fine, you can believe in whatever you want to believe but the story literally calls for one side to be eliminated in order for this fighting and oppression to stop

I agree that fiction can set up a story that's very different from real world such as what if Thanos is objectively correct. But I honestly think a situation similar to AoT can arise in the real world or parallel universe. In history, racism(different skin colors) can be used to differentiate people as not really people. Religion can be used to dictate belief and policy and justify cruelty. And it's also not impossible for "big people" to potentially exist in our physical universe. After all, we know there exists small/big fish, small/big cats, small/big birds etc.
kensionFeb 24, 2022 11:26 AM
Feb 24, 2022 11:50 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
kension said:
Tokoya said:

I agree that fiction can set up a story that's very different from real world such as what if Thanos is objectively correct. But I honestly think a situation similar to AoT can arise in the real world or parallel universe. In history, racism(different skin colors) can be used to differentiate people as not really people. Religion can be used to dictate belief and policy and justify cruelty. And it's also not impossible for "big people" to potentially exist in our physical universe. After all, we know there exists small/big fish, small/big cats, small/big birds etc.
I agree, it most certainly is possible for something like kind of this to happen, but the odds of that happening are slim to none, nor do we have any proper examples of it IRL either
TokoyaFeb 24, 2022 1:50 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 20, 2022

281 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 30, 2022

545 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:30 AM

» Is Armin useless?

sadpotatoh - Mar 23, 2022

32 by escarabajo »»
Jun 4, 7:40 PM

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.