Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 17, 2022 12:02 AM

Jan 2020
I remember that i used to be so hyped for every episode and loved every single one of them in part 1 but for some reason its just gone for part 2.. I’m not as excited for next episodes and while watching ep 1 and 2 im just kinda bored? Idk why it is but i still love this show though.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 17, 2022 12:05 AM

May 2021
The next 3 eps are gonna be Absolutely Legendary in every damn way, If mappa handles them with uttmost care.
Jan 17, 2022 12:11 AM
Jan 2020
Honestly how I feel with most continuations. I don't really get hyped until around episode 4 or 5 of a new season unless they do something mind blowing in their first 3 episodes.
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Jan 17, 2022 12:11 AM

Jul 2019
It's because Mappa is going for a slower pacing but don't worry, next 3 episodes will be amazing.
Jan 17, 2022 12:13 AM
Jan 2022
It's just you,if you not enjoy this season,stop watching it,cause eps 3 is gonna be fire.
Jan 17, 2022 12:15 AM
Jan 2021
You really say that after 2 episodes 😐
Jan 17, 2022 12:15 AM
Dec 2019
These 2 episodes were for build-up of next episodes. Just wait and see. 3rd episode is hype
Jan 17, 2022 12:17 AM

Apr 2010
Then drop it and stop creating useless topics
Jan 17, 2022 12:19 AM

Jan 2020
herofelix77 said:
You really say that after 2 episodes 😐
i’ve never been bored of a single aot episode, aot is my second favorite anime of all time. So being bored for 2 episodes straight is weird for me.
Jan 17, 2022 12:30 AM

Jan 2021
Because Mappa is a terrible studio full of hacks that can't even make a single sequence of good animation, can't choose a goddamn soundtrack, not even if their life depended on it and then on top of that we have dog-shit pacing. What a disaster.

I feel bad for Wit studio employees that even with a worse schedule in s3p2 gave their best to give us quality animation when they were also doing a Kabaneri movie and Vinland Saga at the same time. Keep in mind Wit Studio has only 34 employees. There is no excuse for this.
Jan 17, 2022 12:36 AM
Mar 2021
AunixHOT said:
I remember that i used to be so hyped for every episode and loved every single one of them in part 1 but for some reason its just gone for part 2.. I’m not as excited for next episodes and while watching ep 1 and 2 im just kinda bored? Idk why it is but i still love this show though.
give it time… it just started
Jan 17, 2022 12:36 AM
Jan 2021
weebsalt77 said:
Because Mappa is a terrible studio full of hacks that can't even make a single sequence of good animation, can't choose a goddamn soundtrack, not even if their life depended on it and then on top of that we have dog-shit pacing. What a disaster.

I feel bad for Wit studio employees that even with a worse schedule in s3p2 gave their best to give us quality animation when they were also doing a Kabaneri movie and Vinland Saga at the same time. Keep in mind Wit Studio has only 34 employees. There is no excuse for this.

The sound director and the whole sound team, is the same from s1. And somehow they suck rn
Jan 17, 2022 12:37 AM

Dec 2020
Yeah I agree aot isn't the same after season 3. Animation of wit was something that made aot what it is today. But for mappa it is just a throwaway project.
People say mappa had a bad schedule this and that but what they forget is wit had even worse schedule with a smaller staff still other than the collosal titan CGI everything was really great in the first 3 seasons.
Forget the CGI mappa can't even faithfully adapt the manga without butchering the manga panels.
HeadpattsJan 17, 2022 12:43 AM
Jan 17, 2022 12:38 AM

Jan 2021
imbAF said:
weebsalt77 said:

The sound director and the whole sound team, is the same from s1. And somehow they suck rn

Yes it's the same one but also episode directors choose the soundtracks and they are so bad at it.
Jan 17, 2022 12:43 AM

Jan 2021
Mattinator95 said:
weebsalt77 said:

Just 34 employees for wit didn’t work on AOT or those other shows they also had free-lancer’s

Even Mappa can hire freelancers, that's not an excuse
Jan 17, 2022 12:44 AM

Nov 2019
I would say the beginning of S4 p1 was more boring than this.The previous season got good around ep 5 for me
Jan 17, 2022 12:46 AM
Dec 2020
It's probably because of the slower pace.
The first episode of season 4 part 1, was just a big action set piece.
We got no proper character moments, and just one action scene after another.
The 2nd episode of S4P1 was actually pretty slow.

Another factor was that there was a 4 year timeskip. And we were in a totally new set up. And there was a lot of intrigue about where Eren was, what was the Survey Corp doing etc.

This time around, there's no intrigue. Everything has already been set up. Now there's only payoff. And it's going to pay off in the next 3 episodes.
Jan 17, 2022 1:04 AM

Apr 2016
To be honest I'm not as hyped for this "Final season" as i was for 1st season. Well at least it has better opening

Jan 17, 2022 1:10 AM
Feb 2021
It's happening same with me too bro, there are maybe pshycological & inherent reasons for this phenomenon.
I was hyped for this part entire year, checked subreddit & mal regularly , talked about possible theories with friends & sister. Rewatched entirety of aot & read manga upto season cliffhanger. First 3 months I was still making mind about whether to read the manga to the end or not but I still stuck with anime but got pretty much bombarded with manga spoilers ,Now I know every big plot twists ☹️ before every episode airs I know what characters will live & die, what major thing will happen so I'm not as much anticipated & hyped also lot changed this year I got into college and lived first time far from my family, my responsibilities racked up & somewhere in this- weeks became shorter & wait for next episode wasn't as much enjoyable to me. Also this season is pure payoff, it is too much adrenaline & dopamine for my brain to handle & I pretty much lose all the energy in first few minutes.
Solution:- don't check or live in aot community on any social media platform, day before aot do not check out progress of episodes on mal or reddit & have a dopamine detox on Sundays light weight diet & less social media & dedicate monday for AOT. there you go πŸ‘
Jan 17, 2022 1:11 AM

Dec 2020
its been Two episodes lol. (kind of) the same thing happened with p1, a lot of people was confused with the timeskip and was just all ???? for the first few eps. haven't read the manga but i definitely can feel the pace and tension picking up more and more after this
Jan 17, 2022 1:11 AM

Nov 2019
MAPPA animators barely have time to work on the anime. S4P1 finished at the end of March 2021. S4P2 just started a week ago, that's 9 months.
Jan 17, 2022 1:12 AM

Jan 2021
TheFounder131 said:
Yeah I agree aot isn't the same after season 3. Animation of wit was something that made aot what it is today. But for mappa it is just a throwaway project.
People say mappa had a bad schedule this and that but what they forget is wit had even worse schedule with a smaller staff still other than the collosal titan CGI everything was really great in the first 3 seasons.
Forget the CGI mappa can't even faithfully adapt the manga without butchering the manga panels.

Exactly as i was saying! More people need to get this.
Jan 17, 2022 1:14 AM

Nov 2020
Its bc these episodes are more dialogue-heavy than action-heavy compared to S4 P1's E6 and E7 which were mostly action-heavy.

weebsalt77 said:

Sound director is the same for S1-S3 and director just gives the Yes or No for OST choices 99% of the control of OST is in sound director's hand.

The pacing this season has is the same as S1. SO Ig WIT studio is full of hacks? Bc scriptwriter is the one who worked at WIT AOT too.

And don't even say that S3 P2's Eren V Reiner looked better than this season's. This season's fight between them stomps on S3 P2 fight lol. Not to forget S3 P2 also cuts content from Grisha's past which was important.

TheFounder131 said:
I would take whatever MAPPa animated over WIT's S3 P2's eren VS Riener. U r also forgetting that MAPPA had to suddenly cancel their 2D plan for titans and they had Covid's fked up a schedule to work with and had 16 eps to animate instead of 10 and more fights too. If we take all this into consideration MAPPA was way more fked up than WIT lol

I am pissed with u calling AOT being a throwaway project. I mean does the beast in the latest episode look anywhere near as a "throwaway" adaptation? The whole Eren v Riener and Porco was phenomenal too. Either u have a hate boner for MAPPa or u just can't appreciate their hard work.
CamelBowJan 17, 2022 1:19 AM

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

Jan 17, 2022 1:41 AM

Jan 2021
adnan_ said:
Sound director is the same for S1-S3 and director just gives the Yes or No for OST choices 99% of the control of OST is in sound director's hand.

That's wrong, they are both equally responsible.

adnan_ said:
The pacing this season has is the same as S1. SO Ig WIT studio is full of hacks? Bc scriptwriter is the one who worked at WIT AOT too.

At least season 1 had good directing and action sequences that could excuse the slower pacing.

adnan_ said:
And don't even say that S3 P2's Eren V Reiner looked better than this season's

I did not say that but people always bring up that fight when in the same season we had a lot of well animated scenes like Levi vs Beast titan and it's way better than anything in this season so far even with a better schedule.

adnan_ said:

U r also forgetting that MAPPA had to suddenly cancel their 2D plan for titans and they had Covid's fked up a schedule to work with and had 16 eps to animate instead of 10 and more fights too

The 2D plans were just a rumor, as far as i know the CG was an artistic choice. Also i could somewhat excuse part 1 but part 2 has better schedule and still has not a single animation highlight. It's Mappa's fault for not allocating the right resources and staff for a project as important as this.

weebsalt77Jan 17, 2022 1:45 AM
Jan 17, 2022 1:42 AM
Nov 2021
TheFounder131 said:
TheFounder131 said:
WTF are you talking about wit had a understandable schedule mappa have less than a year
Jan 17, 2022 1:44 AM
Nov 2021
weebsalt77 said:
Mattinator95 said:

Just 34 employees for wit didn’t work on AOT or those other shows they also had free-lancer’s

Even Mappa can hire freelancers, that's not an excuse
didn't they already hired them already idiot. Bruh of course they have freelancers too but freelancers are not all gonna come work a same goddamn project
Jan 17, 2022 1:45 AM
Nov 2021
weebsalt77 said:
TheFounder131 said:

Exactly as i was saying! More people need to get this.
you guys didn't see this ep did you??
Jan 17, 2022 1:47 AM

Jan 2021
REAPERxVIPER said:
TheFounder131 said:
TheFounder131 said:
WTF are you talking about wit had a understandable schedule mappa have less than a year

That's not true, Wit schedule was fucked up too, in s3p2 it was worse than this part.
Jan 17, 2022 1:48 AM
Nov 2021
weebsalt77 said:
adnan_ said:

That's wrong, they are both equally responsible.

adnan_ said:

At least season 1 had good directing and action sequences that could excuse the slower pacing.

adnan_ said:
And don't even say that S3 P2's Eren V Reiner looked better than this season's

I did not say that but people always bring up that fight when in the same season we had a lot of well animated scenes like Levi vs Beast titan and it's way better than anything in this season so far even with a better schedule.

adnan_ said:

U r also forgetting that MAPPA had to suddenly cancel their 2D plan for titans and they had Covid's fked up a schedule to work with and had 16 eps to animate instead of 10 and more fights too

The 2D plans were just a rumor, as far as i know the CG was an artistic choice. Also i could somewhat excuse part 1 but part 2 has better schedule and still has not a single animation highlight. It's Mappa's fault for not allocating the right resources and staff for a project as important as this.

cg decision was not of mappa but of kodanasha and isayama himself so shitting on mappa. Its a godlike studio and will one the best studios ever fuck off
Jan 17, 2022 1:51 AM
Nov 2021
weebsalt77 said:
REAPERxVIPER said:

That's not true, Wit schedule was fucked up too, in s3p2 it was worse than this part.
Cap s3 PT2 looked bad compared to mappa then even hired freelancers and cut many scenes but mappa is literally doing everything it can to just make it better you are just a hater
Jan 17, 2022 1:52 AM
May 2020
Resolution1337 said:
Because this shit is pure garbage story combined with CRAPPA studio!
Garbage story I am Not sure about that, I used to think this show is over rated until I saw the season 3 ending. And I re-watched the series once again,and realised all the hype.I can absolutely say it's not garbage regardless of season 4.
Jan 17, 2022 1:56 AM

Jan 2021
REAPERxVIPER said:
cg decision was not of mappa but of kodanasha and isayama himself so shitting on mappa. Its a godlike studio and will one the best studios ever fuck off

Are you serious? Kodansha is just the production committee, they didn't even decide the character designs.

Isayama has no control over this aspects of the production, that should be common knowledge

And also stop praising studios like they can never do wrong, bozo.
Jan 17, 2022 1:56 AM

Nov 2020
weebsalt77 said:
That's wrong, they are both equally responsible. At least season 1 had good directing and action sequences that could excuse the slower pacing. I did not say that but people always bring up that fight when in the same season we had a lot of well animated scenes like Levi vs Beast titan and it's way better than anything in this season so far even with a better schedule. The 2D plans were just a rumor, as far as i know the CG was an artistic choice. Also i could somewhat excuse part 1 but part 2 has better schedule and still has not a single animation highlight. It's Mappa's fault for not allocating the right resources and staff for a project as important as this.
No. Director just has a say in whether he wants that or not and he can recommend other tracks. Sound director chooses the part which is supposed to play and other decisions regarding the sounds. This was the same for S1-S3 as well.

So does this season lol. I don't see the correlation of Sakuga=forgiving slow pacing. Are you watching AOT for action only?

It was the only well-animated full fight by Imai. Reiner looked inconsistent as hell in S3 P2 and so does CT.

No. They were really going or 2d I can's seem to find out the interview of Hayashi where he had dark eye bags. AT's and Beast's CGI came late bc of this. They only had around4 months to work with their CGI in P1 whereas Armour CGI came earlier and hence looked much better than both in P1. Bc, they were completely fked up. Covid affected them more than u think. They couldn't even schedule and plan out the production properly. Blame Kodansha for that. I remember deg ade a thread where a reliable person said this season has better production time.

WIT was in its last leg too. We would have got the same adaptation or even inferior if WIT did this.

Jan 17, 2022 1:58 AM
Nov 2021
weebsalt77 said:
REAPERxVIPER said:

Are you serious? Kodansha is just the production committee, they didn't even decide the character designs.

Isayama has no control over this aspects of the production, that should be common sense.

Bruh you know right isayama himself was always in aot production he's the one who make changes /foreshadows etc same for many different authors example author of god of highschool
Jan 17, 2022 1:58 AM
Sep 2021
I absolutely hated the first cour, I felt like I was being spit at from the horrible 3D maneuver gear CGI animation. This feels like Attack on Titan finally returned to what it used to be.
Jan 17, 2022 2:00 AM

Oct 2019
Resolution1337 said:

of course you have a fmab profile pic.

Aot is not the best anime ever, but you must be a complete idiot to call it's story trash.

like saying it's overrated is one thing, but calling it trash is just ignorant.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Animeγ€ŒAMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jan 17, 2022 2:00 AM
Nov 2021
weebsalt77 said:
REAPERxVIPER said:

Isayama has no control over this aspects of the production, that should be common knowledge

Bruh you don't even watch aot wtf stop giving me opinions after watched 4 animes MF HATER
Jan 17, 2022 2:07 AM

Jul 2015
I feel the same and it might be related to this show's pacing.
Jan 17, 2022 2:08 AM

Nov 2021
TheFounder131 said:
bro for first time in life i agree with you

Jan 17, 2022 2:08 AM

Nov 2021
Obito3591 said:
Resolution1337 said:
better then FullMIDal Alchemist
*destruction 100*

Jan 17, 2022 2:12 AM
Jan 2021
Chota_Itachii said:
Obito3591 said:
*destruction 100*
Chota_Itachii said:
Obito3591 said:
*destruction 100*
*destruction 1000000
Jan 17, 2022 2:13 AM

Nov 2021
lizzziziz said:
its been Two episodes lol. (kind of) the same thing happened with p1, a lot of people was confused with the timeskip and was just all ???? for the first few eps. haven't read the manga but i definitely can feel the pace and tension picking up more and more after this
they started on part 2 back in dec 2020

Jan 17, 2022 2:26 AM

Dec 2020
adnan_ said:
Its bc these episodes are more dialogue-heavy than action-heavy compared to S4 P1's E6 and E7 which were mostly action-heavy.

weebsalt77 said:

And don't even say that S3 P2's Eren V Reiner looked better than this season's. This season's fight between them stomps on S3 P2 fight lol. Not to forget S3 P2 also cuts content from Grisha's past which was important.

TheFounder131 said:
I would take whatever MAPPa animated over WIT's S3 P2's eren VS Riener. U r also forgetting that MAPPA had to suddenly cancel their 2D plan for titans and they had Covid's fked up a schedule to work with and had 16 eps to animate instead of 10 and more fights too. If we take all this into consideration MAPPA was way more fked up than WIT lol

I am pissed with u calling AOT being a throwaway project. I mean does the beast in the latest episode look anywhere near as a "throwaway" adaptation? The whole Eren v Riener and Porco was phenomenal too. Either u have a hate boner for MAPPa or u just can't appreciate their hard work.
part 1 can be somewhat excusable but what abt this part?? Jjk and this part had almost same amount of production time, so where they both stand now in terms of animation quality?? This part is better than previous one but not even close to being "phenomenal". Remember the odm gear scene in S1 and 2 or eren vs reiner that's what phenomenal looks like. Already said but gonna say it again, CGI is different thing but mappa can't even adapt the good panels without butchering it. It's been 18 eps still we haven't seen a single good odm gear scene. And let's not talk abt osts lol.

When I said throwaway project I meant mappa just doesn't care abt aot as it cares abt jjk and csm, I mean they built entire different office for csm.( ofc they gonna use it for different anime in future). Mappa knows which anime will make more profit for them.
Jan 17, 2022 2:37 AM

Dec 2020
Chota_Itachii said:
TheFounder131 said:
bro for first time in life i agree with you
lol
but hey I read somewhere that production for final season p2 started back in October 2020.
Jan 17, 2022 2:51 AM

Nov 2020
TheFounder131 said:
adnan_ said:

part 1 can be somewhat excusable but what abt this part?? Jjk and this part had almost same amount of production time, so where they both stand now in terms of animation quality?? This part is better than previous one but not even close to being "phenomenal". Remember the odm gear scene in S1 and 2 or eren vs reiner that's what phenomenal looks like. Already said but gonna say it again, CGI is different thing but mappa can't even adapt the good panels without butchering it. It's been 18 eps still we haven't seen a single good odm gear scene. And let's not talk abt osts lol.

When I said throwaway project I meant mappa just doesn't care abt aot as it cares abt jjk and csm, I mean they built entire different office for csm.( ofc they gonna use it for different anime in future). Mappa knows which anime will make more profit for them.
Bro... JJK had 2 years of pre-production and then 1 year for production... What u on about? It had more time for pre-production than Aot's entire production including the main one too. S1 had the help of Prod. IG and they had 1.5 years of production time for S2 with an already experienced staff for AOT. Idk MAPPA elevated many panels, especially this season. The dialogue sequence of MAPPA is already way better directed than WIT's Dialogue episode. What about OST? They r using it perfectly.

I don't know chief, Hayashi looks pretty careful about AOT from the quality of CGI improved and all of his eye bags lol. The explosion effects are beautiful to look at. It's kodansha who does not care for aot anime. MAPPA just saved AOT anime from getting absolutely butchered like SDS

Jan 17, 2022 3:04 AM
Nov 2020
Nah, you’ll be back next episode crying about the clouds looking bad. count on it lmao
Jan 17, 2022 3:06 AM
Mar 2021
It feels like there isn't much hype for part 2 if compared to part 1 also the pacing is slow ( good pacing but not perfect) where season 4 part 1 has absolute perfect pacing that is why I think many ( including me) aren't hyped as much as we were s4 p1 but as most people are saying things will get better in further episodes
Jan 17, 2022 3:10 AM

Apr 2013
In my opinion these two episodes hit harder than the first two episodes of last season, so I disagree.
Jan 17, 2022 3:17 AM
Sep 2020
AunixHOT said:

Becoz there manga readers were in a good mood ,and after it ended some manga readers just couldn't stop being civil
Jan 17, 2022 3:44 AM

Jan 2020
Nurularifin said:
Nah, you’ll be back next episode crying about the clouds looking bad. count on it lmao
i don’t really care about animation. If i see bad animation i might laugh but it doesn’t really ruin my experience i mean i still liked s3 and 4 of 7ds even tho they had terrible animation
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.