Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 2, 2021 9:43 AM
Jan 2021
Do you guys think they will use CGI for this adaption? I doubt it but what's your thoughts?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 2, 2021 9:57 AM
Oct 2020
Depends on the time they had
Apr 2, 2021 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
I think so. Some fight scenes might be hard to animate but as long as CGI is good, I am OK with it.
Apr 2, 2021 10:01 AM

Jan 2021
Yes? I guess because chainsaw man fighting scene blew my mind

“The first requirement of being a hero isn’t being right. It’s being strong. That’s why the hero always wins.” – Koyomi Araragi

Apr 2, 2021 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
Depends. Csm has got a very talented fanbase and many freelancers are willing to work in the anime. But it all depends on the time and the budget. If time is less and budget is more, they will choose cgi. or else 2d.
Apr 2, 2021 10:09 AM

Sep 2019
Probably. I don't think they'll give csm the affection that they gave to jjk.
Apr 2, 2021 10:46 AM
Nov 2020
Considering how good Dorohedoro was, I wouldn’t mind it honestly!
Apr 2, 2021 2:25 PM

Oct 2020
They probably will considering how many anime they are working on rn
Apr 2, 2021 8:50 PM
Feb 2020
I think they'll use CGI for the fight scenes. Since I've watched Dorohedoro, I don't mind it if they will use CGI here.
Apr 3, 2021 4:55 AM

May 2011
we've been through this a couple of times here, imo there is no chance it will not be fully cgi
Apr 3, 2021 4:55 AM

Jul 2016
The real question is who's gonna overtake the directing for this. If it's Hayashi again we'll likely get a lot of CGI and I just don't see a panel by panel adaptation working for CSM.
Pls Park directing
Apr 3, 2021 6:07 AM

Jan 2018
Probably and I hope so, CSM's fans are a little too cocky lately so seeing them cry about the CGI will be a good experience for me.
SoukaTheRealApr 3, 2021 7:34 AM
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Apr 3, 2021 6:08 AM
Jul 2018
For some fights most likely and the CGI is as good as Dorohedoro I wouldn't mind it.
Apr 3, 2021 6:50 AM
Feb 2021
He will not transfer to chainsaw man. He would transfer to CGI πŸ˜‚
Apr 3, 2021 7:41 AM
Jul 2018
Probably, darkness devil and gun devil are fine, I expect them to be cgi.
Though I'm not gonna like if hybrids are CGI.
removed-userApr 3, 2021 7:45 AM
Apr 3, 2021 7:44 AM

Jul 2020
Bruh first let them announce the staff then we can judge.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 3, 2021 12:06 PM

Aug 2017
Only way to find out.

Wait for the show to come out first.

Apr 3, 2021 12:07 PM

May 2020
Most definitely, I think. It would probably be very complicated to animate fully in 2d
                                              
Apr 3, 2021 12:08 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
almost every anime with action these days use CGI so of course there will be CGI
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 3, 2021 12:11 PM

Mar 2021
Scordolo said:
You can't really judge anything even if they drop a trailer . We don't know anything about the schedule . It could end up being AOT all over again so its better to keep low expectations .
Apr 3, 2021 12:14 PM

Feb 2021
Yeager_Bomb said:
Scordolo said:
You can't really judge anything even if they drop a trailer . We don't know anything about the schedule . It could end up being AOT all over again so its better to keep low expectations .
Dorohedoro exists so there’s always a chance.
Apr 3, 2021 12:17 PM

Mar 2021
Mo168 said:
Yeager_Bomb said:
Dorohedoro exists so there’s always a chance.
The scedule really matters . AOT would've looked like Dorohedoro , maybe even better if they were given enough time . Considering the fact that they're doing so many anime at the same time , a good schedule must be a blessing or a miracle .
Apr 3, 2021 12:59 PM

Jun 2020
I get the feeling that MAPPA will give CSM the JJK treatment instead of the SnK treatment because this will be CSM's first season, so it'll probably be more profitable to do so
Apr 3, 2021 1:35 PM
Jan 2020
z00nex said:
Probably. I don't think they'll give csm the affection that they gave to jjk.
Ill have to agree with you on this one even though i prefer chainsaw man over jjk.
Apr 5, 2021 3:59 AM

Apr 2021
SoukaTheReal said:
Probably and I hope so, CSM's fans are a little too cocky lately so seeing them cry about the CGI will be a good experience for me.
Someone is salty that their trash manga isn't as popular as CSM, cry more
Apr 5, 2021 4:09 AM

Jan 2018
Willslay said:
SoukaTheReal said:

Another low IQ CSM's fans, WOW
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Apr 5, 2021 4:13 AM

Apr 2021
SoukaTheReal said:
Willslay said:

Your signature, profile, account, everything easily points out who as low iq πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Apr 5, 2021 4:16 AM
Jul 2018
probably wont, if the have time then no they wont
Apr 5, 2021 4:17 AM

Jan 2018
Willslay said:
SoukaTheReal said:

Your signature, profile, account, everything easily points out who as low iq πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Imagine having a lower IQ than me... Damn poor dude :(
Apr 5, 2021 4:27 AM
Jul 2018
SoukaTheReal said:

dude why you always gotta be so salty and edgy. -_-
Apr 6, 2021 6:47 PM
Nov 2018
They won't I read the manga it's not that hard to be animated, it's like jujutsu kaisen so if they had enough time and I think they had it it will be the same level as jjk and if they used freelancers it will be far better
Apr 6, 2021 6:49 PM

Jul 2020
SoukaTheReal said:
Willslay said:

Those who boast about IQs are the real losers.Now cry lol.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 6, 2021 6:51 PM

Jan 2009
if the schedule is tight then ye definitely they gonna use 3DCG
Apr 6, 2021 6:59 PM

Jul 2020
deg said:
if the schedule is tight then ye definitely they gonna use 3DCG

Don't think so.It's a new anime so the schedule should be similar to JJK situation.I'm more worried about the pacing rather than the animation now.I fear they may cram up everything into 25-28 episodes.I just hope they stay faithful to the Manga like JJK.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 6, 2021 8:14 PM

Jan 2018
Scordolo said:
SoukaTheReal said:

Those who boast about IQs are the real losers.Now cry lol.

Oh no, it's scordolo, the most badass user on this site
Apr 6, 2021 9:06 PM

Jun 2020
People above saying Dorohedoro has a good CGI should read the manga. The animation is so bad it looks like some kid did it. The only anime with a good CGI that I can think of is Land of the Lustrous.
Apr 6, 2021 9:08 PM

Jul 2020
I think it'll most likely get CGI animated fight scenes
Apr 6, 2021 11:57 PM
Feb 2018
AOT Level of cg people will love it, it's going to be amazing
Apr 7, 2021 1:58 AM
Apr 2017
sadly yes
and its not because some fight will be hard to animate (its cheaper), people keep give this excuse but they didnt really work in the industry, i mean look at old anime or Gundam franchise, they use 2D animation in the fight between the robot "which according to them is hard to animate"

this is a video added by a user here
https://twitter.com/teiadam1/status/1350721323102715905

look how people draw the fights, its difficult "Maybe", but not impossible
and Mappa love to use CGI especially AOT team, they always use it even in Kakegurui "which i didnt mind"
Apr 7, 2021 5:13 AM
Mar 2021
Mr_Srijan said:
People above saying Dorohedoro has a good CGI should read the manga. The animation is so bad it looks like some kid did it. The only anime with a good CGI that I can think of is Land of the Lustrous.

Land of the Lustrous was absolutely gorgeous , but Dorohedoro was also adapted perfectly except for the characters design , the cgi was good if you think a kid did it then your standards are off.
However I wouldn't want cgi in CSM bcs unlike Dorohedoro the fights need to be more fluid and there is no Hayashi to to direct it so most likey it won't look as good.
Yazan_Aot said:
sadly yes
and its not because some fight will be hard to animate (its cheaper), people keep give this excuse but they didnt really work in the industry, i mean look at old anime or Gundam franchise, they use 2D animation in the fight between the robot "which according to them is hard to animate"

and Mappa love to use CGI especially AOT team, they always use it even in Kakegurui "which i didnt mind"

It was clearly stated that Mappa did not want to use cgi in AOT, and they don't always use it : GOFHS, JJk. Most likely CSM will follow them. Nowadays most action animes have cgi but to what extent.
Also it's not about being hard or impossible but is it worth it , we all know animes don't make much revenue, studios like Ghibli , KyoAni , Ufotable make money of their projects and that's why they always have top notch quality.
The iconic studio Madhouse spent 7 years in production of Redline with a 30 million$ budget and it looked stellar but it failed miserably at the box office with a 15 million$ revenue.
Let's just hope that Mappa is in the production committee cause if they are CSM will look just as JJK which was absolutely amazing.
Apr 7, 2021 10:42 AM
Apr 2017
nabbo13 said:
Mr_Srijan said:

Land of the Lustrous was absolutely gorgeous , but Dorohedoro was also adapted perfectly except for the characters design , the cgi was good if you think a kid did it then your standards are off.
However I wouldn't want cgi in CSM bcs unlike Dorohedoro the fights need to be more fluid and there is no Hayashi to to direct it so most likey it won't look as good.
Yazan_Aot said:
sadly yes

It was clearly stated that Mappa did not want to use cgi in AOT, and they don't always use it : GOFHS, JJk. Most likely CSM will follow them. Nowadays most action animes have cgi but to what extent.
Also it's not about being hard or impossible but is it worth it , we all know animes don't make much revenue, studios like Ghibli , KyoAni , Ufotable make money of their projects and that's why they always have top notch quality.
The iconic studio Madhouse spent 7 years in production of Redline with a 30 million$ budget and it looked stellar but it failed miserably at the box office with a 15 million$ revenue.
Let's just hope that Mappa is in the production committee cause if they are CSM will look just as JJK which was absolutely amazing.

"we all know animes don't make much revenue" What! What!
where did you get this? did you see JJK and KNY manga after the amazing animation? even AOT when it aired the 1st season

"It was clearly stated that Mappa did not want to use cgi in AOT" you dont know that, it's all speculation, we saw CGI in Mappa anime from the same team unlike JJK team who worked on GOHS and JJK
Apr 7, 2021 12:51 PM
Apr 2021
CGI or not, if this is directed by "shinichiro Watanabe" I going to cry tears of joy cause this guy has done such amazing job in shows like cowboy bebob, death parade, ergo proxy, sakamichi no appolan, samurai champloo, zankyou no terror, and considering the fact that 2 of them are animated by mappa themselves so it is very likely he could be the director of chainsaw man too.
needmorepowerApr 7, 2021 1:02 PM
Apr 7, 2021 1:53 PM
Mar 2021
Yazan_Aot said:
nabbo13 said:

"we all know animes don't make much revenue" What! What!
where did you get this? did you see JJK and KNY manga after the amazing animation? even AOT when it aired the 1st season

"It was clearly stated that Mappa did not want to use cgi in AOT" you dont know that, it's all speculation, we saw CGI in Mappa anime from the same team unlike JJK team who worked on GOHS and JJK

I'm not talking about manga sales but anime sales which most if them are bad , I can name a lot of animes who sold and did well but majority don't and that's a fact , AOT sales are actually very bad (except first season which sold 50k rest seasons ~4k). Well CSM is defintely "worth it" , it was announced in December and no trailer yet so most likely will air this fall or winter , and there is a high chance that mappa is in production committee , so it follows the JJK and most likely will look like it.

And no it's not speculation , it was stated in an interview with the director in cgworld magazine , that they planned to do hand drawn titans but after pandemic they scrapped everything and turned to cgi . just look in the forums and you will find the interview or search for the magazine.
Apr 8, 2021 8:51 PM
Nov 2014
mappa will screw up makima's fighting scenes like they did with eren for sure lol.
Apr 8, 2021 9:58 PM

Mar 2019
i mean of course, cgi is always used in anime, just depends on how much you're talking about.

i highly doubt mappa will go dorohedoro type of cgi, but they'll def include it in some fight scenes where it's needed most, other than that, everything should be 2d tbh
Apr 9, 2021 4:54 AM
Dec 2019
if they do its fine as long as its better than what they did to snk
Apr 9, 2021 4:55 AM

Jun 2015
At this point, your question should rather be: "So, how bad/overused will MAPPA's CG be this time?"

Come on, you know there's no way their cheap, lazy asses are drawing and 2D-animating all those intricate designs... Look what they did to Dorohedoro and, of course, AoT.
ShadowMonkeyApr 9, 2021 4:59 AM
Apr 9, 2021 7:03 PM

Nov 2020
ShadowMonkey said:
At this point, your question should rather be: "So, how bad/overused will MAPPA's CG be this time?"

Come on, you know there's no way their cheap, lazy asses are drawing and 2D-animating all those intricate designs... Look what they did to Dorohedoro and, of course, AoT.

seems like you didnt watch other MAPPA's work. MAPPA's Anime mostly have a good animation, Zankyou no Terror and Kakegurui for example
DrkSeid69Apr 9, 2021 7:06 PM
Apr 9, 2021 11:22 PM

Oct 2017
Most series use CG in their action to some degree the question is whether is the CG going to be for backgrounds, effects etc or are they going to CG the devils themselves.

If it's the latter even if it's like Dorohedoro I think that would lead to a negative impact on the popularity. Well animated fight scenes are a big factor for popularity in big battle shonen. Personally I will be disappointed if they CG the main devils. There is some stuff that sure is going to need CG but that is a whole different ball park than CGing Chainsaw Man himself. I think at that point I would rather just recommend people to read the manga and enjoy the great art.
Apr 10, 2021 3:19 AM
Apr 2018
hope they won't ,though a 2d adaptation is more demanding ,it is more enjoyable by far
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

47 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1017 by RafaKojiro »»
Yesterday, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

993 by Coinos »»
Jun 2, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

389 by KediTime12 »»
Jun 2, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1142 by ssjzachary »»
May 29, 4:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.