Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 25, 2016 2:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow this episode. It's pretty much entirely flashbacks about Naruhodou and Mitsurugi's past. Nothing too impressive but it is kinda interesting to see their childhood relationship. Plus, there's a nostalgic feeling to it, different from some of the other episodes with the usual cases.
Jun 25, 2016 3:56 AM

Dec 2013
Can't say I cared too much about this filler. Seeing everyone as kids was sort of fun but still meh

Next episode we get to start Justice for All! I'm happy that they decided to skip The Lost Turnabout. I hope they skip the Turnabout Big Top as well but I doubt they will.

Sad to see Edgeworth leaving that note behind. Poor guy has been through a lot of shit

Mini Franziska is adorable!
G_Spark233Jun 25, 2016 5:00 AM
Jun 25, 2016 4:30 AM

Dec 2012
An enjoyable episode. Nice flashback with the trio & how they became friends.
Mitsurugi was born to be in a court of law from a young age. Sweet of him to adopt the dog.
Lol Yahari spending Mitsurugi's money. At least they spent it together.
A brief appearance by Karuma Mei.
That ending though.
Looks like we are heading into the 2nd game.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 25, 2016 5:22 AM

Sep 2015
Oh I thought that the anime was going to end soon
The flashback was enjoyable

new trial next week ! *w*
Jun 25, 2016 5:23 AM

May 2016
"And this, is the beginning of my story" - Missile
Jun 25, 2016 6:04 AM

Apr 2014
I think this is the closest we'll ever get to an anime version of the Miles Edgeworth spin-off game.
Jun 25, 2016 6:29 AM

Dec 2014
Well flashbacks were something.. seriously Yahari is such a fun guy to be around
Jun 25, 2016 6:36 AM
Jun 2016
I actually really like this episode. Kinda hilarious how Signal Samurai is actually on the same universe as Steel Samurai xd. And somehow use the same theme.

So many funny things happen, but overall i think its pretty good flashback episode. I only wondering next who will voicing Adult Fransiska and of course Pearly.

Nice move they did by getting straight to the Reunion and Turnabout, i always find that The Lost Turnabout is well kinda much easy to guess case since its tutorial, though we miss the policewoman, i kinda forgot her name. Is it Maggey or something in English? I dunno whats her name in Japanese.
Jun 25, 2016 6:41 AM
Mar 2013
Wasn't Franziska supposed to be 3 years old at that time?
Jun 25, 2016 7:03 AM
Jun 2016
I have to agree though since in JFA Fransiska was like what 17 right? Well i dunno maybe because of the "perfect" parenting by Von Karma maybe?
Jun 25, 2016 7:05 AM

Mar 2013
Knew I wouldn't care about the filler but at least now we move on to justice for all. also really glad yet sad they didn't adapt rise from the ashes. can't wait to see how the second game's adaptation will be mainly the last case and turnabout big top.
Jun 25, 2016 7:12 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Great episode honestly. Probably the best of the series. That flashback was really something.
Jun 25, 2016 7:15 AM

Mar 2014
Why was Franziska/Mei in that car? She was two years old when her dad adopted Edgeworth/Mitsurugi! I can't believe they made such a stupid mistake. Learn how 2 google search A-1

I was hoping for the second court to be cancelled since this series isn't doing that well in Japan and the animation already is ass cancerously low budget but judging from the preview it looks like that wasn't the case. Then again, A-1 thought adapting Denpa Kyoushit into a twenty four episode long series was a good idea despite the fact that they already ran out of budget after episode 1, so I don't know what I was expecting.

Guess I'm gonna have to start playing the second game now
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 25, 2016 7:30 AM

Mar 2016
This was easily one of the most enjoyable episodes yet

They all were so cute together
Jun 25, 2016 7:38 AM
Mar 2013
Why do people say this show isn't doing good in Japan? From what I can see, the ranking should be pretty good.
Jun 25, 2016 8:07 AM
Jan 2015
Steel_Kira said:
Why do people say this show isn't doing good in Japan? From what I can see, the ranking should be pretty good.

yeah, it's doing fine. people are just being salty and projecting their own feelings onto the facts.

This was a really cute episode, it had pretty much everything I wanted from a gaiden episode. Small Phoenix was such a sincere kid, and small Edgeworth was so... embarrassed hahaa. I wanted to pinch their cheeks. And we even got a speaking part for Gregory and Franziska!
Jun 25, 2016 8:08 AM
Jun 2016
@Comic_Sans

Japan huh? Well sorry but do you have any proof that shows a TV Rating showing Ace Attorney anime in Japan is really bad? If you don't have any proof, you're pretty much making empty statement.

Low ass budget? Its true, i know it does have problem with it since they can't produce High Quality animations like most studios. I know its bad for your eyes since its very bad that maybe makes your eyes hurt. Since most people today want some high quality enjoyable on the eye animations, i was hoping for BONES Studios to adapt it but they already take Boku no Hero Academia instead. Dissapointing i know, we all hoping a good studio to adapt it, but apparently A-1 is offering itself to adapt it and yes they did it. Dissapointing right?

Well i guess haters gonna hate. I know it is so so far away from the original game and even use some liberties on it but at least its still enjoyable for me.
CasualAnimeGuyJun 25, 2016 8:20 AM
Jun 25, 2016 8:21 AM
Jun 2016
@migide
I have to agree its a pretty cute episode indeed. I like seeing the trio was like when they were just a kids.
Jun 25, 2016 8:23 AM
Jan 2015
CasualAnimeGuy said:

Japan huh? Well sorry but do you have any proof that shows a TV Rating showing Ace Attorney anime in Japan is really bad? If you don't have any proof, you're pretty much making empty statement.

on the contrary, here's proof that it's doing fine. it's usually been in the top 10 by viewer ratings.

http://www.videor.co.jp/data/ratedata/top10.htm#anime
(逆転裁判・その・真実・、異議あり!)
Jun 25, 2016 8:37 AM

Jul 2014
Edgeworth was so cute this episode with all that blushing. It may mostly be anime original but it was probably the best episode.

Onto the second game, looks like they are skipping the fifth case Rise from the Ashes. Sad.
Jun 25, 2016 9:00 AM

Jan 2015
A story about Naruhodo and friend's childhood. We can see that Reiji is really a "genius" and tense-type, and Naruhodo more like the feeling-type.
Overall, it's a fun to watch episode until that "second farewell".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 25, 2016 9:32 AM
Jul 2015
I find this show to be the exact opposite of FMA 2003, in that it's not that great at directly adapting the source material, but the changes and original content is fabulous. This episode was no exception; it was heartwarming goodness all around.

Here's hoping they can make Justice for All's first three chapters not suck (or better yet, skip some). I did really like their version of Turnabout Samurai.
Jun 25, 2016 9:34 AM

Mar 2013
About TV ratings of the show - they're not bad, but they're not good either. They're OK. Timeslot before Detective Conan almost always guarantees viewers. Comparing with the other shows that aired in this timeslot, it's ratings are much better than Denpa Kyoushi's, much worse than Magic Kaito's and slightly worse than Kindaichi's. Don't know what ratings Space Brothers had.
Jun 25, 2016 9:41 AM
Jun 2016
You mean the Signal Samurai? And yes i was expecting them to make Turnabout Big Top more memorable and of course, well like not making the witness not annoying. I like the way the anime makes the old security lady annoying but changed after the last trial to became more like helpful for example.
Jun 25, 2016 9:52 AM
Jun 2016
AntonKutovoi said:
About TV ratings of the show - they're not bad, but they're not good either. They're OK. Timeslot before Detective Conan almost always guarantees viewers. Comparing with the other shows that aired in this timeslot, it's ratings are much better than Denpa Kyoushi's, much worse than Magic Kaito's and slightly worse than Kindaichi's. Don't know what ratings Space Brothers had.

Oh yeah i also heard that Denpa Kyoushi is also get a bad reputation on anime version. I think Space Brothers is OK too. Its just the viewers is not very big, that's what i think resulting well Space Brothers not really known well, i guess.
Jun 25, 2016 10:25 AM
Apr 2016
AntonKutovoi said:
- ace attorney is doing great it is in the top 10 of most watched animation in japan and the most shocking thing is that there is no boku no hero no jojo no re zero here check this out http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-17/japan-animation-tv-ranking-june-6-12/.103311
Jun 25, 2016 10:38 AM

Mar 2013
HiShinPHoenix said:
AntonKutovoi said:
- ace attorney is doing great it is in the top 10 of most watched animation in japan and the most shocking thing is that there is no boku no hero no jojo no re zero here check this out http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-17/japan-animation-tv-ranking-june-6-12/.103311

As I said - timeslot. You might show Pupa or Shitcom there and it still will be in the Top-10. So it should be compared with other shows from this timeslot - Space Brothers, Magic Kaito, Kindaichi and Denpa Kyoushi.
Jun 25, 2016 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
The flashback about Wright and his childhood friends was really nice!
Jun 25, 2016 11:10 AM
Dec 2013

"Dun u feel surry fur him?"
Jun 25, 2016 11:25 AM
Jan 2014
Why are they skipping the last trial from the first game and going to the 2nd already wtf.

Edit: oh nvm that was addtional case. i guess that one is ova.
redstormerJun 25, 2016 11:33 AM
Jun 25, 2016 12:10 PM

Feb 2015
unexpectedly, i enjoyed this episode so much. the relationship, friendship between those three was kinda amusing and enjoyable to watch. imo, this episode is one of my fav episode. the case wasn't really that impressive imo, but the character relationship and character development were really great in this episode. but dat ending again.....wtf mitsurugi want to do, god dammit!!! i mean, he is always running away without telling any reasons, just mysteriously "for the second time....." man, tha ending somehow pissed me off a bit but it's interesting in other way :D

looking foward for the next episode cause it has something to do with Mayoi ?
spirit attempt a murder case ? c'mon, this is not a supernatural show lol xD
Jun 25, 2016 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
I don't see why are people complaining about Franziska's appearence in this episode. She indeed looked like a 3 yo girl, what's the problem with that? By the way, I really liked the episode and excited to see how they'll adapt the next one :P
Jun 25, 2016 12:30 PM
Oct 2015
I know there's a lot of skipping in this series, (maybe rise from the ashes will be OVA) but ultimately skipping the second games first case is probably a smart move, that gives them what I assume will be 12-13 episodes to adapt only 3 cases which may give each case more time to fit stuff in. Although I will miss Maggey...
Jun 25, 2016 12:56 PM

Aug 2010
Bromance activated! It's nice to see an episode dedicated to the trio's past, which was not covered in the game. Apparently, Miles is too old for his age. Larry and Phoenix still keeps their personality though. Appearances like Miles's father and Franziska is a big YES for this episode. So the next episode is on the 2nd game 2nd case? I forgot Lotta Hart was involve in this case again. xD

Can anyone confirm if this episode was canon? or anime original only?
Jun 25, 2016 1:09 PM
Apr 2014
>Loli Franziska
Haha, that takes away from the plot twist though
Probably the best episode of the anime even though it's filler, we never got to really see their friendship in the games, this adds good characterization for all 3.
They're jumping right into the second case of Justice for All with reunion and turnabout, fuck the lost turnabout but too bad for Rise from the ashes.
That's one mean cliffhanger "Miles Edgeworth chooses death".
Drake1000Jun 25, 2016 1:14 PM
Jun 25, 2016 1:15 PM

Mar 2014
Japan huh? Well sorry but do you have any proof that shows a TV Rating showing Ace Attorney anime in Japan is really bad?If you don't have any proof, you're pretty much making empty statement.
Keyword, not that good, not not good

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-17/japan-animation-tv-ranking-june-6-12/.103311

Compared to other anime that've aired in that timeslot, I'd say it's not doing so well, especially considering its incredibly cheap animation

I've also heard its approval rate on Japanese anime websites isn't that good either, meaning that the sales probably aren't going to be very good
Low ass budget? Its true, i know it does have problem with it since they can't produce High Quality animations like most studios. I know its bad for your eyes since its very bad that maybe makes your eyes hurt.
... What?
Since most people today want some high quality enjoyable on the eye animations, i was hoping for BONES Studios to adapt it but they already take Boku no Hero Academia instead. Dissapointing i know, we all hoping a good studio to adapt it, but apparently A-1 is offering itself to adapt it and yes they did it. Dissapointing right?
Yes
Well i guess haters gonna hate. I know it is so so far away from the original game and even use some liberties on it but at least its still enjoyable for me.
Yeah, but I'm not you
Ermelber said:
I don't see why are people complaining about Franziska's appearence in this episode. She indeed looked like a 3 yo girl, what's the problem with that?P
And since when do Japanese two year olds look like eight-nine year olds?

Seriously, compare this picture to this picture, it totally looks like she's about the same age as the boys
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 25, 2016 1:48 PM

Jul 2010
@Comic_Sans Yo, chill, don't pour negativity and fight over two-dimensional/fictional characters, it's not worth it. Since Ace Attorney is my favorite game franchise, I agree that the anime deserved better, and it kinda sucks, but it's not like the end of the world either. If you don't enjoy the show just stop watching it.

"You don't only belong to yourself, you know? There isn't anything in this world that belongs only to yourself."

Jun 25, 2016 1:56 PM

Dec 2008
Objection! Filler episode is contradiction to canon!
I just don't understand a lot of things here. Ok, It's nice to see Gregory alive (at least for few seconds), and friendship between Wright, Butz and Edgeworth, BUT. In game Edgey just left without words and didn't contact with Wright until they met in court. But here he just run from von Karma's house and even if it was accident, he saw his friends. It didn't even looked that they parted they ways in wrong way or anything. It just doesn't have sense... at all. Why he just ignored them after that?
And Fran... wow, it's von Karma's blood that you doesn't look like 2 years old? Or perfection doesn't let you look like little child? I know that some anime girls looks much younger (or older) that they really should, but you just beat them all!

("Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth chooses death". Edgey, just this time stay dead, ok?Because I would like to beat crap out of you for doing what you did in games >.>)
Jun 25, 2016 1:58 PM

Mar 2014
letfelicityfly said:
@Comic_Sans Yo, chill, don't pour negativity and fight over two-dimensional/fictional characters,
I have freedom of speech, I can complain all I want
it's not worth it. Since Ace Attorney is my favorite game franchise, I agree that the anime deserved better, and it kinda sucks, but it's not like the end of the world either.
Nice straw man
If you don't enjoy the show just stop watching it.
I don't drop anime
Nico- said:
Jun 25, 2016 3:06 PM

Mar 2014
This was the episode I liked the most until now, maybe because it was kinda nice and I can't compare it with cases from the game, but dat 1-2 years old Franziska lol

Also, thank Haruhi they're skipping the tutorial case of JFA, IMO that's the worst case of the original trilogy. I hope they put Byrde in later, as she would be required if they later decide to adapt Trials and Tribulations in a second season.

simonli2575 said:

"Dun u feel surry fur him?"

Jun 25, 2016 3:32 PM

Sep 2015
Well that was entertaining. I like Edgworth but seeing a kid talk so much like an adult isn't that enjoyable for me. I honestly thought his dad was going to be a shithead but he's actually a really nice guy, I wish we could see more about his past family life.

So cute how Nick kept his little charm :^)
Jun 25, 2016 4:00 PM
Mar 2016
Useless Filler...................................
Jun 25, 2016 4:17 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I am not an enthusiastic fan of this series but I really liked this episode. Nicely done! 7/10
Jun 25, 2016 5:04 PM

Apr 2015
I was nervous coming into this episode simply because it was a filler episode, but that dog made it much better!

But why was Franziska there? She was two when this episode took place. Given she was 18 years old when she was introduced in the games. But despite that she looked older (she looked about the same age Edgey did here). Good job, A-1. You tried. Or maybe you didn't.

Seems they're skipping case 2-1. They skipped 1-5 too, but let's face it that was to be expected given it was added for the DS port and would take up way too many episodes.
BeatlesPkmnFan42Jun 25, 2016 5:09 PM
Jun 25, 2016 6:06 PM

Apr 2013
Loli Franziska! Well I am having mixed feelings seeing her, one I am definitely excited to see her in loli form (huehuehue), but like many had said before, she should only be 2-3 years old at this time, and I can't remember well... shouldn't she be at overseas too?

The ending does contradict with the events of present time, where Edgeworth turned into a merciless prosecutor, and as if not showing any signs of friendship towards Phoenix when they first met in court. Maybe somehow the teachings of von Karma is so strong that it overcome nakama power.

Kinda glad to see how they skipped case 2-1 and jumping straight into my one of the two most anticipated case of this show (2-2 and 2-4), I can't wait to watch the next episode.

P/S: Maybe they will make 1-5 into a full-length movie... if they plan to adapt the 3rd and 4th games as well (please do!).

Jun 25, 2016 7:00 PM

Jul 2009
I was worried this was gunna be a crappy episode but it was actually really cute. Edgey blushing when asking his dad to watch TV and if he can adopt the dog...adorbs.

Looks like they decided to replace case #1 of the 2nd game with this episode..which is fine. But if they ever end up adapting the 3rd game they're gunna have to add something in where they show how Phoenix meets Maggey.

Looking forward to the next case and to hopefully see the magatama in action.
Jun 26, 2016 12:08 AM
Apr 2015
Seeing their friendship was nice. But I hate that they're not doing Rise From The Ashes..
Jun 26, 2016 3:29 AM

Apr 2013
kimrobyn said:
Seeing their friendship was nice. But I hate that they're not doing Rise From The Ashes..

Can't help it, it's too long. The show is said to cover 2 games over the course of 2 cours, and the first 4 cases already covered half of that. Rise From the Ashes alone might take up 5-6 episode.

Jun 26, 2016 3:36 AM

Dec 2013
Lord_Odous said:
kimrobyn said:

Can't help it, it's too long. The show is said to cover 2 games over the course of 2 cours, and the first 4 cases already covered half of that. Rise From the Ashes alone might take up 5-6 episode.

They are probably going to need about 6-8 episodes. Turnabout Goodbyes was 5 episodes long and Rise from the Ashes was a lot longer in comparison.
G_Spark233Jun 26, 2016 4:27 AM
Jun 26, 2016 4:23 AM

Dec 2012
It was an enjoyable flashback, the three kids were fun and it's interesting to discover how they became friends
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

211 by Vikill »»
Sep 13, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

491 by Vikill »»
Sep 13, 4:59 PM

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

56 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.