Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2015 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yuya against security jobber..
Although I admit, there's a certain amount of excitement in this duel. Yuya is not messing around either with his Pendulum combos. Nice.

Surprisingly, I think the security dude did really well. Like I was not expecting him to pull off his own Synchro combos in unison. Impressive. And if this is considered an entertainment duel, I think it was entertaining. I like that Odd Eyes Saber Dragon he pulled out.
Aug 30, 2015 2:43 AM

Apr 2014
screw top&common i think Academy totally have right to carded those idiot people.
this society dimension totally rot no dam to redeem itself.

monster heavy as always yuya.
Aug 30, 2015 3:23 AM
Apr 2013
What the hell was wrong with the audience?! Yuya is already trying his best and he got THAT kind of treatment? Are they still view him as nothing more but a Duelist who lost to Jack? How can they become excited when Yuya play rough?! Yuzu entertain them and they got excited but not when Yuya does so? Something is so wrong with them! This is too frustrating for me to watch! Don't tell me that Yuya will become like Judai in later episodes (becoming Supreme King or such)… (_ _lll)
Miya190Aug 30, 2015 3:33 AM
Aug 30, 2015 9:06 AM
Aug 2014
Wow this episode was surprisingly dark. The audience does not care about the treatment that happens to the losers, because they well, are losers to their eyes.
This clearly shows that only the winners rule the Syncro Dimension.

The duel was intense. Duel Chaser 227 was quite threatening, and it was nice to see even more Goyo monsters. That Goyo Fusion was definitely a nice treatment since it shows that the Syncro Dimension is willing to adapt in order to win.

Goyo Emperor is insane! But then again, it's a bit difficult to summon , seeing that you need two Goyo Syncros to fuse with. But that effect is worthy of a boss monster!

We haven't seen "Yuto" in awhile. He showed up for that one small glimpse, but of course, it always means something bad when he shows up. Yuya was pissed and did not care about the Duel Chaser during the duel. When Duel Chaser 227 was defeated, he flew off the bike and clearly suffered major injuries.

Was also not expecting the new monster Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon to be a Tribute Summoned monster. It's rare to see that nowadays. Also nice that we sort of see the original Odd-Eyes Dragon again.

Overall, great episode, but surprisingly dark.
Aug 30, 2015 1:41 PM
Aug 2015
Quite a dark episode, amazing, but boy was this dark.I think that Duel chaser 227 was proboably one of the best law enfocement duelists we've seen in a while!To be honest though, I would've liked to see more beserk-ness other than that little glimse , I think that was it but the goggles make it hard to tell....but alas, maybe next time....
music_startAug 31, 2015 3:10 AM
Aug 30, 2015 4:50 PM
Apr 2013
Shipuujin said:

We haven't seen "Yuto" in awhile. He showed up for that one small glimpse, but of course, it always means something bad when he shows up. Yuya was pissed and did not care about the Duel Chaser during the duel. When Duel Chaser 227 was defeated, he flew off the bike and clearly suffered major injuries.

I don't think it's Yuto this time. Yuya seems pretty much in control (but only care to win the Duel at all cost) since he doesn't experience memory loss or something.
Aug 31, 2015 4:48 PM

Oct 2011
What an entertaining duel.
Sep 1, 2015 1:46 AM
Aug 2015
Great duel. But after seeing the audience be so sadistic and heartless I'm starting to think i should be rooting for Fusion...
Sep 1, 2015 9:46 AM

Sep 2011
Oh, damn intense episode. Called it that Yuya's going snap this week, but to think he actually controlled himself in the berserk mode? Impressive, even though he was pissed as fuck and wanted to win no matter what.

Next week it's Super Sawatari Fantasy (SSF) time! And I hope there won't be any plot-heavy episodes before Dennis vs Shun since I wanna see that duel already.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Sep 1, 2015 12:08 PM

Jul 2015
Rukaliini said:
Oh, damn intense episode. Called it that Yuya's going snap this week, but to think he actually controlled himself in the berserk mode? Impressive, even though he was pissed as fuck and wanted to win no matter what.

Next week it's Super Sawatari Fantasy (SSF) time! And I hope there won't be any plot-heavy episodes before Dennis vs Shun since I wanna see that duel already.

I am wondering if this will be the duel where Fusion shows up. Roger is the fusion rat that Reiji was talking about, I believe. And Reira is one weird little dude...
Sep 1, 2015 12:49 PM

Oct 2014
This episode has a good duel. I'm really hoping Sawatari vs Yugo to be awesome and for Sawatari not to be a joke.
Sep 1, 2015 11:55 PM
Mar 2015
At first, I used to tolerate Melissa and the rest of the City. Now, I actually wish Academia razes the place to the ground and kills them all. "We are friends" my f***ing ass.
Sep 2, 2015 3:50 AM
Sep 2012
I don't know what to make of Yuya's whinny attitude this episode, part of me understands, part of me is getting Yuma flashbacks. Yuya needs to understand when you go to an environment that has something in grained to them, it is hard to change that. For example going back in time to 17th century or 18th century United States and giving them a speech on why slavery is wrong would probably have the same result.

I thought the crowd would be more anti Yuya than there were, I thought it would be like day 1 of the GMGs in Fairy Tail, or how everyone treated Rebecca in the coliseum in One Piece. But compared to that, they were kind of respectful.

If Yuya doesn't calm down and take everyone that is sent to the underground so personnel, he is going to have a nervous break down.
Sep 2, 2015 9:27 AM
Mar 2013
I can't blame Yuya for being rightfully upset at the way they handle things. I mean this Synchro dimension deals pretty harsely to those who lose (and they don't care either), and the way some Duel does lack kindness to it (including Jack, who just seemed to be going through the motions along with those cold eyes, rather than actually enjoying the Duel). And the City/lower bias probably adds to his anger. That said, it's understandable that Yuya is just fed up with it and went kinda Jack Atlas-mode.
RoychopSep 3, 2015 11:31 AM
Sep 2, 2015 6:37 PM

May 2009
Frost190 said:
What the hell was wrong with the audience?! Yuya is already trying his best and he got THAT kind of treatment? Are they still view him as nothing more but a Duelist who lost to Jack? How can they become excited when Yuya play rough?! Yuzu entertain them and they got excited but not when Yuya does so? Something is so wrong with them!
Yeah this episode had some underlying themes based on the reaction from the crowd. Yeah I understand where Yuya's going with his speech, but like blfan's eloquent comment, it's hard to change the crowd's mind unless they view Yuya positively through their eyes (i.e., becoming the champion would satisfy them and thus being worth listening to). Jack's comment on how Yuya's conceited is interesting. I guess Jack is implying that Yuya has to give his words meaning by his actions (i.e., same as the previous example).

On the topic of the crowd initially cheering Yuzu but then booing Yuya for the same thing, the crowd had a somewhat negative impression on Yuya, so they weren't as receptive towards him based on that. Yuzu, on the other hand, invoked positivity and enjoyment through her words and actions, so of course the crowd reflected the same characteristics.

I can't wait for the next episode. I hope they do something special for their 777th episode. I hope Sawatari vs. Yuugo will be a good one. Based on the expectations of other watchers, I feel like I'm watching a WWE match haha.
Sep 3, 2015 12:22 AM
Oct 2013
I understand that they were raised with an "Only the strongest are allowed to be here" mindset, but the way they cheered at the punishment, and the fact that they wouldn't hesitate to send somebody off to suffer just so that they can be entertained, makes me want to side with the fusion dimension against this particular dimension.
yep. I Have no idea what I'm doing, but I enjoy my life all the more because of it.
Sep 3, 2015 5:15 PM

Aug 2014
Yuya wrecked that Security's butt right there! What does Jean means about Yuya's true nature though?
Also, No-Action Action Spell card? I laughed. Convenient as f**k.

Sawatari finally next. Too bad there's no way he's going to win against the currently-high-plot-armor Yugo. See some effort from him would be nice at least.
Sep 4, 2015 12:34 AM
Apr 2013
I saw new preview for episode 72, Yuya is making a very serious face... The spoiler for episode 73 is also out. As expected, Sawatari lost and Galager will apparently appear again in the underground.
Sep 4, 2015 12:10 PM

Jun 2010
Oh well. I thought there would be a Syncro Odd Eyes. Little disappointed. Still waiting for Tuning Magician's roll in this.

Sep 4, 2015 7:03 PM
Apr 2013
13man18 said:
Oh well. I thought there would be a Syncro Odd Eyes. Little disappointed. Still waiting for Tuning Magician's roll in this.

Maybe Yuya will use Tuning Magician to perform Synchro Summon?
Sep 9, 2015 3:58 PM

Mar 2012
myxsiple said:
At first, I used to tolerate Melissa and the rest of the City. Now, I actually wish Academia razes the place to the ground and kills them all. "We are friends" my f***ing ass.

I agree

Melissa: "Minna Tomodachi!"

...screw you bitch, you must be getting well paid to say all that -_-
Oct 14, 2015 9:12 AM

Jan 2013
Audience is all about friends but dont care about the people who lose ... that have to do forced labor afterwards.

Duel was alright, Yuuya was obviously not going to lose ... to make it even better with 100 LP left.
Nov 15, 2015 7:02 PM

Apr 2007
Yuya failing as usual :v That new odd eyes dragon looks pretty cool though.
Apr 18, 2016 8:43 PM

Dec 2012
Getting tired of Yuya's shit.

Shisha Sosei! Classic! Good times.

New Odd Eyes is cool.

Melissa Claire continues to look fine.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 16, 2016 10:46 PM

May 2013
Good episode, hopefully Yuuya begins to get more serious in the future.
Favorite parts were seeing Jack Atlas Reactions!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

28 by vv1 »»
Aug 22, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.