Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
Will Esdeath kill Mein?
Jul 11, 2014 8:56 AM

Sep 2013
So recently i saw the first episode of akame ga kill. liked it so much that i read all available 50 manga chapters in less than 2 days.

so what i want to know is you opinions.

DO YO THINK ESDEATH WILL KILL MEIN?

As soon as tatsumi and mein got together i instantly thought of this. not to mention the fact that the leader of the peace religion as already predicted that tatsumi and mein are gonna go through some sort of tragic event in the future.

also considering that this pretty much a love triangle and Esdeath is definitely more powerful than Mein.

what i believe will happen is that Esdeath will go "RAGE" mode over the fact that tatsumi chose mein, kill mein, and that that will be the final push for Tatsumi to consider Esdeath as a true enemy.
TyrelOct 23, 2014 9:24 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 14, 2014 9:56 AM

Sep 2011
Never liked Mein as a character she's a stereotypical Tsundare. Then again she's not the worst character out there, I don't know it's possible. I sense death flags coming her way. Though she has survived some ridiculous moments.
FullmetalRaikouJul 14, 2014 10:19 AM
Jul 14, 2014 12:55 PM
Jan 2014
She's one of my favorite characters, so I'd rather say ''No'', but unfortunately, I also think that Esdesu will kill Main.
If that really happens, hopefully Tatsumi will massacre Esdesu.
Jul 14, 2014 12:56 PM
Aug 2012
Esdeath is a stupid name and I refuse to accept it.
Jul 14, 2014 3:33 PM

Sep 2013
Gekishin said:

Lol I'm okay with Esdeath as the reading it straight up pretty much sounds like the way they pronounce Esdese.

The only one I have to get used to is Rabac going to Lubbock. That really tripped me up in chapter 50.
Jul 14, 2014 3:37 PM

Sep 2013
Fullmetal89 said:
Never liked Mein as a character she's a stereotypical Tsundare. Then again she's not the worst character out there, I don't know it's possible. I sense death flags coming her way. Though she has survived some ridiculous moments.
I was certain that Seryuu would kill her and leave her confession at a cliffhanger. I'm glad it didn't play out that way otherwise I would have been depressed lol.
Jul 14, 2014 3:41 PM
Aug 2012
ahmedkhan94 said:
Gekishin said:

Lol I'm okay with Esdeath as the reading it straight up pretty much sounds like the way they pronounce Esdese.

The only one I have to get used to is Rabac going to Lubbock. That really tripped me up in chapter 50.

I think all the changes are terrible. Bulat and Liver are as bad as Esdeath but Lubbock is awful too.
Jul 15, 2014 3:34 PM
Sep 2013
Lubbock can die I think the majority of the readers wouldn't be bothered by his death lol
Jul 15, 2014 4:07 PM

Nov 2011
I'm still probably going to call her Esdese. Her name change feels off but for the prediction itself, I think Mein will die most likely.

And second guess:
Tatsumi will be the one to witness it.
Jul 15, 2014 4:14 PM

May 2014
Noone likes Mein,except for the stupid MC,cant wait for Esdese to destroy her^^
Jul 15, 2014 4:20 PM

Sep 2013
Stark700 said:
I'm still probably going to call her Esdese. Her name change feels off but for the prediction itself, I think Mein will die most likely.

And second guess:
Tatsumi will be the one to witness it.
exactly, i feel like its gonna be something similar to obito witnessing kakashi killing rin in naruto.
Jul 15, 2014 4:22 PM

Jul 2014
There's so many death flags towards Mein... It does make me feel bad. But, if the MC is smart & Esdeath thinks it through they could have a threesome. hue. J-Just this one pls!
. . .
Jul 15, 2014 5:19 PM

Apr 2014
No offence to all of mein fanboys but she'll probably get raped then cut to pieces by wild hunt just to show they're really evil.
Jul 15, 2014 5:23 PM

Apr 2012
Z4k said:
No offence to all of mein fanboys but she'll probably get raped then cut to pieces by wild hunt just to show they're really evil.

ANYTHING... i mean ANYTHING... EXCEPT THAT! PLEASE!!!
Jul 15, 2014 5:44 PM

Sep 2011
Z4k said:

Lol anything to get her out of the picture. I wouldn't mind her as a character if she was more of a background character instead of the random forced love interest for the MC which never felt right. She's way too bratty and needs to die already. If they kill off Leone or Rabbak before her I'm going to be so pissed, especially Leone. She's one of the few characters I really hope survives the whole ordeal.
Jul 15, 2014 6:07 PM
Jan 2014
Fullmetal89 said:
Z4k said:

Lol anything to get her out of the picture. I wouldn't mind her as a character if she was more of a background character instead of the random forced love interest for the MC which never felt right. She's way too bratty and needs to die already. If they kill off Leone or Rabbak before her I'm going to be so pissed, especially Leone. She's one of the few characters I really hope survives the whole ordeal.

As for me, I don't really care that much for Leone, I'd rather have Rabac and Main survive than Leone. Those two are my favourite characters. And they are both probable to die, sadly. :(
Jul 15, 2014 6:09 PM

Apr 2014
-Aero- said:
Z4k said:

You know its gonna happen.
Jul 15, 2014 6:10 PM
Aug 2012
Z4k said:
-Aero- said:

You know its gonna happen.

I hope something less predictable happens
Jul 15, 2014 6:35 PM
Apr 2013
Ok so this author is a super shock jock so I will have to agree with her being killed or even worse things happen. I mean the last 5 chapters have been torture rape kill repeat for lords sake.
Jul 15, 2014 9:10 PM

Sep 2013
Z4k said:
i wouldnt be surprised if she got killed in a bloody way, but if she gets raped and even worse if it happens in front of tatsumi it will definitely haunt me for a while.
Jul 15, 2014 9:17 PM

Sep 2013
Fullmetal89 said:
Z4k said:

i really hope leone survives for a while cause her comic relief is just priceless. Lubbock has the highest death flag right now after chapter 50, though it feels like lubbock should have been able to put up more of defense before being knocked to the ground but it was probably done to force tatsumi into usimg incursio
Jul 15, 2014 10:28 PM
May 2014
I have to say Mine has a shitload of deathflags but I really hope she doesn't die. I know she's KIND of a tsundere but I still like her character because SHE was the one who confessed to Tatsumi for once it's the girl and not the dude.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 16, 2014 7:13 AM

Nov 2012
I think Mein will die but I dont want Esdese to kill her, if that does happen then Tatsumi will seek revenge, idk why but I dont want that to happen >.< :p

ahmedkhan94 said:
Z4k said:
i wouldnt be surprised if she got killed in a bloody way, but if she gets raped and even worse if it happens in front of tatsumi it will definitely haunt me for a while.

That would be mindfuck, just like berserk... but its a shounen series so I'm not getting hopes up xD
Jul 16, 2014 7:30 AM

Sep 2013
kikohunter said:
I have to say Mine has a shitload of deathflags but I really hope she doesn't die. I know she's KIND of a tsundere but I still like her character because SHE was the one who confessed to Tatsumi for once it's the girl and not the dude.
EXACTLY! i thought it was gonna be on some stereotypical anime BS where the author would keep her feelings hidden on some "Nisekoi" status (god that pissed me off)

i kinda liked mein before the whole confession but i definitely like her more afterwards idk.
Jul 16, 2014 7:16 PM

Apr 2014
Oh yes! I hope Esdeath does. I never liked Mine that much as a character. I would of preferred Tatsumi to go out with Chelsea over Mine. Plus, it doesn't really look like Tatsumi really likes Mine as a girlfriend. It's almost like he pitied her and became her boyfriend. I dunno. But I hope Esdeath does. :)
Jul 17, 2014 12:18 AM
Jan 2014
Zeus97 said:
Oh yes! I hope Esdeath does. I never liked Mine that much as a character. I would of preferred Tatsumi to go out with Chelsea over Mine. Plus, it doesn't really look like Tatsumi really likes Mine as a girlfriend. It's almost like he pitied her and became her boyfriend. I dunno. But I hope Esdeath does. :)

How does it not look like he loves her ? He even said he's falling head over heels for her. I pray for her not to die, but I know it's unprobable.

But yeah, Chelsea would also be good. And Akame aswell. Though he and Main are cute together aswell. I think any of the three pairings would work nicely, as long as it's not Tatsumi and Esdesu.
Jul 17, 2014 12:38 AM
Sep 2013
I really hope she doesn't die. As the story progresses I started to like her, and ever since the confession they look cute together.
Jul 17, 2014 12:49 AM

Oct 2013
Mein is going to die, because the mc will probably be with either Akame or Esdeath, Mein is just use as a romantic plot device. Did you guys actually believe he would end up with her?
Jul 17, 2014 6:13 AM

Apr 2014
MasaneX said:
How does it not look like he loves her ? He even said he's falling head over heels for her. I pray for her not to die, but I know it's unprobable.

But yeah, Chelsea would also be good. And Akame aswell. Though he and Main are cute together aswell. I think any of the three pairings would work nicely, as long as it's not Tatsumi and Esdesu.

In the kissing scene between them, I don't think he was expressing his opinions or how he felt. Because the page before, when they're about to kiss, he talks about when she told him she's fallng heads over heels for him. He's just telling himself what she told him. That's what I think. Just reread that part. Plus, he says it to himself, almost like reminding himself that she's crazy for him.

But I don't know. Maybe I read it wrong, or maybe I didn't. Its just my view on it. I just don't really like much of her character. It would of been a lot better if he was going out with Chelsea(if she wasn't dead Dx) or Akame and maybe Esdeath. But Mein? Nah. It feels like the author just wanted to involve Mein more in the story so he decided to make her Tatsumi's gf. Idk. :)
Zeus97Jul 17, 2014 6:25 AM
Jul 17, 2014 6:16 AM

Apr 2014
keragamming said:
Mein is going to die, because the mc will probably be with either Akame or Esdeath, Mein is just use as a romantic plot device. Did you guys actually believe he would end up with her?

I hope she's just a romantic plot device. Tatsumi and Mein? No please. He could do better. lol
Jul 17, 2014 7:02 AM

Oct 2012
I kinda prefer Akame but i like Mein as well, there ain't many girls out there who wouldn't blush til tomorrow when they're near their boyfriends after confessions and that kinda ticks me off. Not to mention she was the one who confessed!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2014 12:33 PM

Sep 2013
i personally would love to see tatsumi x esdeath, but considering the story/ plot thats impossible in my eyes.
Jul 17, 2014 12:36 PM

Sep 2013
Zeus97 said:
MasaneX said:

In the kissing scene between them, I don't think he was expressing his opinions or how he felt. Because the page before, when they're about to kiss, he talks about when she told him she's fallng heads over heels for him. He's just telling himself what she told him. That's what I think. Just reread that part. Plus, he says it to himself, almost like reminding himself that she's crazy for him.

But I don't know. Maybe I read it wrong, or maybe I didn't. Its just my view on it. I just don't really like much of her character. It would of been a lot better if he was going out with Chelsea(if she wasn't dead Dx) or Akame and maybe Esdeath. But Mein? Nah. It feels like the author just wanted to involve Mein more in the story so he decided to make her Tatsumi's gf. Idk. :)
yeah i think you may have interpreted that part wrong, tatsumi was thinking to himself that mein was right when she told him that she would MAKE him fall head over heels for her.
Jul 17, 2014 2:44 PM

Mar 2007
yanaro said:
I kinda prefer Akame but i like Mein as well, there ain't many girls out there who wouldn't blush til tomorrow when they're near their boyfriends after confessions and that kinda ticks me off. Not to mention she was the one who confessed!

See, there's a major problem with the whole 'Akame X Tatsumi' thought...

Like... I don't know... Where is the tension or build-up for that to ever happen!? Neither one of them has shown remote interest in one another, like that.

And I've seen several people say 'well, the series is called Akame ga Kill, so she has to end up with him.' And I'm like, 'really? That's your logic?' The title refers to her being the powerful bad-ass that is the one to do most of the dirty work, in terms of the difficult opponents and the like, not referring to her as the main love interest.

In fact, I'm really liking how it's NOT the first girl he meets (Leone or Akame, however you want to put them, based on the first chapter) isn't his love interest at this point. And the whole comment in his head thing, I believe was him admitting that maybe, at first, he went out with her because she confessed, but he is starting to fall in love with her.

Regardless, I like how this series has treated the life of each character as very tenuous, and I hate wishing against that philosophy, but Mein should live and Tatsumi X Mein should be the OTP
Jul 17, 2014 4:07 PM

Apr 2014
ahmedkhan94 said:
]yeah i think you may have interpreted that part wrong, tatsumi was thinking to himself that mein was right when she told him that she would MAKE him fall head over heels for her.

Yeah, maybe. Well, I guess anything can happen. I still pray that Esdese or someone else kills Mein. hehe I prefer either Akame or Esdese to be with Tatsumi then Mein. lol
Jul 18, 2014 12:12 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Nah, I think that if she does die, it'll be someone else that'll kill her
Jul 18, 2014 7:37 AM

Oct 2012
Ensui said:

Like... I don't know... Where is the tension or build-up for that to ever happen!? Neither one of them has shown remote interest in one another, like that.

And I've seen several people say 'well, the series is called Akame ga Kill, so she has to end up with him.' And I'm like, 'really? That's your logic?' The title refers to her being the powerful bad-ass that is the one to do most of the dirty work, in terms of the difficult opponents and the like, not referring to her as the main love interest.

In fact, I'm really liking how it's NOT the first girl he meets (Leone or Akame, however you want to put them, based on the first chapter) isn't his love interest at this point. And the whole comment in his head thing, I believe was him admitting that maybe, at first, he went out with her because she confessed, but he is starting to fall in love with her.

Regardless, I like how this series has treated the life of each character as very tenuous, and I hate wishing against that philosophy, but Mein should live and Tatsumi X Mein should be the OTP

Well, i want Mein to end up with Tatsumi as well, Akame is the character that i like, not the one that i feel suitable for Tatsumi.
For the tension or build-up that you mentioned, depending on how long this manga's gonna run in the future, i think author can slowly add them into his work, they probably won't take up more than 10 or 20 chapters.(I'm not good enough to predict this)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2014 8:45 AM
Jan 2014
Ensui said:
yanaro said:

+1 on this.
Jul 19, 2014 11:04 AM

Jan 2011
As if her weapon's ability wasn't enough of an indication that she's going to die, the author also had to add the classic death flag of being in a short but happy relationship with the MC.
Jul 20, 2014 10:17 PM
Aug 2011
99% chance Mein gets tortured and raped by that Prime Minister's son.
Jul 20, 2014 10:56 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
After chapter 51, the chances of this happening increased by about 99%. And painful death at that.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 20, 2014 10:58 PM

Apr 2013
Looks like Esdese gonna freak, so yes.

I never liked Mein anyway.
Gekishin said:
ahmedkhan94 said:

I think all the changes are terrible. Bulat and Liver are as bad as Esdeath but Lubbock is awful too.
Liver

Rofl

I can't get over this one
Jul 20, 2014 11:24 PM

Feb 2012
Mein had a gaint death flag planted over her head the moment her and tatsumi ended up going out that being said not really sure if Esdese wil be the one to kill her simply due to the fact that if she did ,and tatsumi knew that'd be the end of that. Too add onto that is the fact that its far to predictable for Esdese to kill her after chapter 51.
Jul 20, 2014 11:50 PM

Aug 2013
Both will die so i don't really care who kills who
Jul 20, 2014 11:59 PM

May 2012
After chapter 51 I think so. I feel like she will over hear Mein call Tatsumi her boyfriend, and go Ice Queen on her ass.
Jul 21, 2014 1:55 AM
Jul 2012
Possible, but then again, there's the possibility that something unexpected may happen... Now that I think about it, I like Esdeath more than Mein so I wouldn't be so pissed off.

Jul 21, 2014 2:43 AM

Dec 2013
Worst scenario is that hunting Mein will get Esdese killed :/
Jul 21, 2014 2:55 AM

Apr 2008
Mein is 100% dead after chapter 51. I can't wait to see it happen
Jul 21, 2014 7:37 AM

Feb 2014
Anon1409 said:
Worst scenario is that hunting Mein will get Esdese killed :/

Dropping when that happens
Jul 21, 2014 8:09 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
It's too late to change my vote now lol

Mein is def dead now
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

G_Spark233 - Nov 20, 2016

115 by James-LastOmnic »»
May 30, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 21, 2014

755 by James-LastOmnic »»
May 27, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IdentityAngel - Jan 14, 2014

81 by James-LastOmnic »»
May 26, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.