Forum Settings
Forums

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you hate yourself? and why.

New
May 4, 2014 9:14 PM

Aug 2013
Nobody totally loves themselves. Theres always that little thought in the back of your head saying, if I met myself I'd think they were an asshole.

So on a scale of 1 to 10
1 been i pretty much love everything about me.
10 been I swear to god I would kill that asshole if I wasn't them.

And what is it about yourself you don't like.

I'm going to go and say 8.

I dislike most things about myself, from the fake exterior to the rotten core. I'm a burden to the people I know and complicated enough to be annoying, impossible to cheer up and brings the mood down. Miserable, depressed and swarming with negative emotions and feelings, lacking empathy. Nihilistic to the point nothing matters and feel little, I can't love and I don't even want to. I look down on everyone yet know im more pathetic than others. The only thing i loathe more than everything else is myself, for been so weak, so human and small, pointless little miserable thing, no better than an ant.
SpooksMay 4, 2014 9:21 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 4, 2014 9:14 PM

Mar 2014
0. I am pretty fuckin' great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2014 9:16 PM

Aug 2013
I love myself. I'm by no means perfect but that's okay, no one is. 2.
MoogMay 5, 2014 6:58 AM
May 4, 2014 9:16 PM

Aug 2013
I'm just unreal so 0
[b][size=240]GROOSE[/b][/size]

May 4, 2014 9:19 PM

Jan 2009
the point is to know who is pessimist and optimist heh, i say im more of a pessimist so i say 7
May 4, 2014 9:23 PM

Apr 2013

changes everyday

Nov 2013
I'd say 5, because I don't actually hate myself, I just resent myself.

Whenever I try to talk to someone my mind goes at 10000 kph and I can never say what I want to say, and I have a mental breakdown. I'm a bit of a tsundere too.

I resent that my weakness that has became me over the past couple of years. Life would always kick me down, but I always got back up. Somewhere along the line, I just stayed down.

I resent that I know my potential, but refuse to do anything about it. I gave up on school, I gave up on everything that I'm good at.

Most of all I resent myself because I know that I'm better than others in general, but place myself below them.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Jul 2018

I can't stand myself at all so I depend on people to be my purpose in life.

I could never seem to like myself. I only like some of the things I do such as my talents, but I'm so good at screwing everything up.
May 4, 2014 9:26 PM

Aug 2013
God-of-Harem said:
I'm a bit of a tsundere too.

I resent that I know my potential, but refuse to do anything about it. I gave up on school, I gave up on everything that I'm good at.

A Tsundere, thats cute :3

As for the potential I know that song well :( I gave up all advantages I had when I should have grabbed for the opportunities but that would have required some drive, as a Nihilist everything is pointless, including ambition.

YorozuyaGinSan said:
Two mate.

Thats surprising, I thought you liked yourself enough to be at least a 1.
May 4, 2014 9:28 PM

Dec 2013
I'd say about a 4, I hate my pride because I can't control it. I mean It's not like I do everything initially for pride, but it works it's way into almost everything somehow. Also dislike how I'm lazy as fuck and procrastinate so much. Other than that I'm ok with myself because I'm myself.

Though off topic you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Even if you look down on me I still enjoy your debates and topics. Though doubt that'll mean much saying :S.
May 4, 2014 9:29 PM

Apr 2014
I recognize my flaws and want to improve them as best as I can, but at the same time hating yourself because of them isn't going to solve anything. If there's one thing I've learned growing up, it's that you've got to learn to love and accept yourself before you can expect other people to do the same. Life is too short to be your own worst enemy.
May 4, 2014 9:31 PM
Dec 2013
5. I gave that score because:

I'm so clumsy
I have a hot temper
I lash out at people when I'm upset
I always embarrass myself in front of people I've just met
I have an annoying personality
I don't know how to express myself through words
I lack confidence and I'm insecure
I have a hard time fitting in with the crowd

But I don't hate myself. We all have flaws. Our good traits make up for them.
May 4, 2014 9:33 PM

Jun 2012
Kibura_Iburasa said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Two mate.

Thats surprising, I thought you liked yourself enough to be at least a 1.
Only one person gets a 1 in my book.

Nah, I'm not perfect, just adequately superior to everyone else.
May 4, 2014 9:50 PM

Aug 2013
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Only one person gets a 1 in my book.

Nah, I'm not perfect, just adequately superior to everyone else.

Intriguingly cryptic.

Astros477 said:

Though off topic you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Even if you look down on me I still enjoy your debates and topics. Though doubt that'll mean much saying :S.

You shouldn't go easy on me, im a two faced liar and a coward. Walking around with nothing but hate, resentment inside me. Telling myself im somehow a good person, whilst holding ill will thoughts against others. Even taking pleasure in hearing a friends problems and trying to make them worse to punish him for leaving me for dead. I carry such a strong anger inside that im afraid of it getting out, im supposed to be a nice person yet I want to hurt everyone, I want to see the world suffer and it disgusts me.
May 4, 2014 9:55 PM

Apr 2012
Probably 3-6 depending on my mood.

May 4, 2014 10:03 PM

Nov 2013
Why would I hate myself? It would Obviously be 420. Above your scale by x42 because I smoke smoke weed everyday m8.

I am;

40% Swag
20% Yolo
10% Capitalist
15% Sexy
05% Hated
05% Erect

100% Winner at life.
May 4, 2014 10:08 PM

Dec 2013
Kibura_Iburasa said:

You shouldn't go easy on me, im a two faced liar and a coward. Walking around with nothing but hate, resentment inside me. Telling myself im somehow a good person, whilst holding ill will thoughts against others. Even taking pleasure in hearing a friends problems and trying to make them worse to punish him for leaving me for dead. I carry such a strong anger inside that im afraid of it getting out, im supposed to be a nice person yet I want to hurt everyone, I want to see the world suffer and it disgusts me.

Didn't intend to go easy on you, just speaking my mind. I do enjoy your debates and topics. Though curious have you always been like you say you are?
May 4, 2014 10:12 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly, 0. However I wouldn't call it love in my case, as I'm not vain. It's more of an acceptance of who I am, my positives as well as my negative. It is this understanding that prevents me from hating any part of myself. Furthermore, hate is a fairly strong word and using it to describe myself goes against my principals regarding myself. Such strong emotions are unnecessary when you have self acceptance in my experience.
May 4, 2014 10:13 PM

Mar 2014
Gee, some sad mutha's in here. Chin up cats, dedicate this song out to someone tonight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH--qDRZVvY
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2014 10:14 PM

Oct 2013
8, there are so much things wrong about me.

Don't have a purpose, don't love anyone, don't have enough friends, don't do what I need to do.

I'm lazy, cynical, negative, mexican, depresed.

But I don't let anyone around me to be bothered with that, that's one of my redeeming qualities.

MAL es mi confesionario.
May 4, 2014 10:18 PM

Aug 2013
Astros477 said:

Didn't intend to go easy on you, just speaking my mind. I do enjoy your debates and topics. Though curious have you always been like you say you are?

Nobody stays the same through their lives lol if your asking if I was always like this I would have to answer no. I was a normal child till I was 10 years old. After that life got complicated and so did feelings. At first I thought it was me, I asked God for answers back then but you can't get a reply from something that doesn't exist. I assumed I was wrong in myself and shouldn't have been created in the first place, hence why life felt the need to constantly punish me and why I harbored these strange feelings and resentment.

When I became a teenager I blamed the rest of the world like any teenager does, everything is everyone elses fault, I deserve this, I deserve that. I demand something in return blah blah blah.
Now as an adult I can appreciate that the world owes you nothing and if your life sucked thats just too bad because it doesn't even matter in the first place but pain doesn't just go away, it sits and festers growing on its own. I want nothing to do with it anymore but that pain is still a 10 year old kid wanting to die every morning and every night, it still hurts and still wants recognition because without recognition, all that pain would truly have been for nothing.

Is that a good enough answer?
SpooksMay 4, 2014 10:27 PM
May 4, 2014 10:29 PM

Dec 2013
Kibura_Iburasa said:

Nobody stays the same through their lives lol if your asking if I was always like this I would have to answer no. I was a normal child till I was 10 years old. After that life got complicated and so did feelings. At first I thought it was me, I asked God for answers back then but you can't get a reply from something that doesn't exist. I assumed I was wrong in myself and shouldn't have been created in the first place, hence why life felt the need to constantly punish me and why I harbored these strange feelings and resentment.

When I became a teenager I blamed the rest of the world like any teenager does, everything is everyone elses fault, I deserve this, I deserve that. I demand something in return blah blah blah.
Now as an adult I can appreciate that the world owes you nothing and if your life sucked thats just too bad because it doesn't even matter in the first place but pain doesn't just go away, it sits and festers growing on its own. I want nothing to do with it anymore but that pain is still a 10 year old kid wanting to die every morning and every night, it still hurts and still wants recognition because without recognition, all that pain would truly have been for nothing.

Sound similar to my father, he's always saying he wished he was never born. Though believe only person punishing you is yourself. Don't really understand what you mean by pain. Guess pain in existing? Don't really get it because I'm a optimist, I look at the bright side of everything :S. Think if you just let some things go it'll hurt less. That said I know jack shit of what you're actually talking about or experiencing.
May 4, 2014 10:31 PM
Dec 2013
Kibura_Iburasa said:
Nobody totally loves themselves. Theres always that little thought in the back of your head saying, if I met myself I'd think they were an asshole.

So on a scale of 1 to 10
1 been i pretty much love everything about me.
10 been I swear to god I would kill that asshole if I wasn't them.

And what is it about yourself you don't like.

I'm going to go and say 8.

I dislike most things about myself, from the fake exterior to the rotten core. I'm a burden to the people I know and complicated enough to be annoying, impossible to cheer up and brings the mood down. Miserable, depressed and swarming with negative emotions and feelings, lacking empathy. Nihilistic to the point nothing matters and feel little, I can't love and I don't even want to. I look down on everyone yet know im more pathetic than others. The only thing i loathe more than everything else is myself, for been so weak, so human and small, pointless little miserable thing, no better than an ant.

Don't be so hard on yourself Kibura. Embrace your inner positivity :)
May 4, 2014 10:33 PM

Nov 2013
∞ there's so much things I hate about myself.

May 4, 2014 10:36 PM
Dec 2013
I'm not narcissistic, so 2.
May 4, 2014 10:39 PM

Aug 2012
hmm....i don't really hate myself, I just wish I could just like do things differently when I go back and think of things a lot. oh yeah, that's another problem with me....I have no life which gives me a lot of time to think about unnecessary ish!!! I wish I could be more outgoing and have closer relationships with people. just feel so awkward around people I don't know. need to find a way to do that. but, yeah, I don't really hate myself. I mean, I'm like fakking hot, so that's a plus. just need to stop being awkward and talk more so I can have great close relationships with more people and keep them with friends and family!!! so like a 5 i guess. haha
May 4, 2014 10:46 PM

Jun 2012
id say about a 5 or 6. its almost sad, i had this conversation with a friend and while i don't neccesarily hate myself i have a lot of self placed doubt, and some sort of inferiority complex type thing going on. i don't think im good enough for a lot of people and all sorts of stupid stuff like that.

and while i know its dumb to be able to point it out and not be able to change it i tend to always think on the negative side of things rather than the positive. BUT only when i'm by myself when im around friends i dont let anyone really know how i actually think about life.

for example: if i do some sort of "what are you good and bad at list" i can list 10 bad things for everyone 1 good thing. stuff like that.
May 4, 2014 11:00 PM

Aug 2013
Astros477 said:

I'm a optimist, I look at the bright side of everything :S. Think if you just let some things go it'll hurt less. That said I know jack shit of what you're actually talking about or experiencing.

I dunno myself, just gets to me sometimes. Especially recently, had the landlord on my case, had everyone else on it too. Why don't you have a job yet, stop been so lazy, be productive and so on.

I just get tired of been looked at like im lazy and weak, it feels like sometimes all the hurdles Ive overcome over the years, which would get others praised as been strong go un-noticed. It feels sometimes like all that shit meant nothing and the only one who suffered for it was me and why so another situation can come up and I can be accused of not been able to handle a simple situation.

Its always like this, why is it not like those afternoon tv movies, oh they had a hard time or they got depression lay off them for a bit lets give them a break.

No instead its..

Spend a week locked in your room fighting a bout of depression, finally beat it step out and be greeted by.... Look at that lazy person, spending all week lazing about in their room, why haven't you got a job, Ive never met a more lazy person. Hell at least drug addicts when they kick the habit get a pat on the back.
May 4, 2014 11:02 PM

Apr 2012
9. self-centred, weak minded, pervert, lazy.
''俺はいつになったら自由になれるんだろう…''
May 4, 2014 11:05 PM

Apr 2012
Jesus this thread is so depressing T_T
I think I'm going to drown myself in some moe anime. #escapism

May 4, 2014 11:08 PM

Dec 2013
Kibura_Iburasa said:

I dunno myself, just gets to me sometimes. Especially recently, had the landlord on my case, had everyone else on it too. Why don't you have a job yet, stop been so lazy, be productive and so on.

I just get tired of been looked at like im lazy and weak, it feels like sometimes all the hurdles Ive overcome over the years, which would get others praised as been strong go un-noticed. It feels sometimes like all that shit meant nothing and the only one who suffered for it was me and why so another situation can come up and I can be accused of not been able to handle a simple situation.

Its always like this, why is it not like those afternoon tv movies, oh they had a hard time or they got depression lay off them for a bit lets give them a break.

No instead its..

Spend a week locked in your room fighting a bout of depression, finally beat it step out and be greeted by.... Look at that lazy person, spending all week lazing about in their room, why haven't you got a job, Ive never met a more lazy person. Hell at least drug addicts when they kick the habit get a pat on the back.

I know how that feels, can't make up my mind what to do with my life. So always get told what I should do or asked why I'm not doing anything. Think you should try looking inward for praise instead of outward. It's nice when others are happy or proud of you but even better when you're happy and proud of yourself. Now I mean this with moderation.

Be happy/proud you got over the bout of depression. You not only don't feel like complete shit but you did it on your own. Sorry to say but the world stops for no one, nor do the people living in it. Everyone's got problems and it seems everyone thinks theirs are more important than others. Don't let what others say or think completely dictate what you do or think. Look toward yourself for that instead, I believe you'll be happier.
AstrosMay 4, 2014 11:15 PM
May 4, 2014 11:29 PM

Aug 2013
To be honest im tired, like really really tired.
Tired of trying for no reason, tired of disappointment and tired of it never mattering. Sometimes I just, lay in bed after waking up for hours till the sun sets because, there, is, no, point. At this point I'd rather the world just leave me alone but it doesn't. Never there to support only to hassle, only to demand more from me like I owe it, owe it money or my time or my effort, has it not taken enough and given nothing back.

The idea of happiness, of a meaningful life its all a joke. Humans are born by the millions and die by the millions and I don't even know billions of them even exist, their problems, hopes and dreams and all nothing but internal thoughts. Right now thousands of people are taking their last breath and to me its like they never even existed. Thats how important life is in the grand scheme. So to hell with my needs or desires, I deserve nothing and thats all it will amount to. Once you realize that its hard to to see the humor in it.

Kibura is but a sad little grain of sand, complaining at its lot in life. If there is a god I imagine it would be laughing.
SpooksMay 4, 2014 11:34 PM
May 4, 2014 11:36 PM

May 2013
Probably 1 or 2 not because I'm just the greatest, but I'm content with who I am. Wish I wasn't so lazy though.
May 4, 2014 11:40 PM

Aug 2012
D1C3M4N said:
Probably 1 or 2 not because I'm just the greatest, but I'm content with who I am. Wish I wasn't so lazy though.

me too. i'm so effing lazy i'm failling college. hopefully the military will whip my ass into gear.
May 4, 2014 11:48 PM

Dec 2013
Kibura_Iburasa said:
To be honest im tired, like really really tired.
Tired of trying for no reason, tired of disappointment and tired of it never mattering. Sometimes I just, lay in bed after waking up for hours till the sun sets because, there, is, no, point. At this point I'd rather the world just leave me alone but it doesn't. Never there to support only to hassle, only to demand more from me like I owe it, owe it money or my time or my effort, has it not taken enough and given nothing back.

The idea of happiness, of a meaningful life its all a joke. Humans are born by the millions and die by the millions and I don't even know billions of them even exist, their problems, hopes and dreams and all nothing but internal thoughts. Right now thousands of people are taking their last breath and to me its like they never even existed. Thats how important life is in the grand scheme. So to hell with my needs or desires, I deserve nothing and thats all it will amount to. Once you realize that its hard to to see the humor in it.

Kibura is but a sad little grain of sand, complaining at its lot in life.

If you believe that then it will be true. How you perceive the world is how the world is to you. The world doesn't owe anyone anything, you have to go get it yourself. Though the one taking is people not the world.

Happiness and a meaningful life are defined by one's desires. True there are millions of people yet each one of them is unique. Each persons life is only lived once and not ever repeated again. True there are many who are dying this moment. Yet instead of being glad you're still alive you despise it.

Just because someone isn't well known or remembered doesn't mean they never existed. Their decisions and actions leave a lasting impression on the earth and the universe however small. Each individual and their actions and thoughts add up to make the grand scheme. Without each one it wouldn't be what it is.

If you want to throw away your needs and desires and claim you deserve nothing fine. Though to me you'll be wasting the one thing worth any value that you'll posses. The chance at being alive and experiencing needs,desires,happiness,depression etc. You'll die one day just like me and it'll be over for good. No retries, extra lives, or another chance at life.

It's fine to complain, even good sometimes. I just hope you don't get consumed by it and waste your life wallowing in depression over not having self worth :/.
May 4, 2014 11:59 PM

Apr 2012
1 then, I don't understand why the scaling doesn't go from 0 to 10, but #sho.

I do love everything about myself, I am a narcissist.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
May 5, 2014 12:07 AM

Aug 2013
Theres alot wrong with me but i still love myself!!! so 0!!!
"When you walk in a dream but you know you're not dreaming Signore
Scuzza me, but you see, back in old Napoli that's amore"

May 5, 2014 12:55 AM
Dec 2011
3. There is so much flaw I have and i cant fix them. Most of the flaws are jealousy, selfishness and overconfidence.
May 5, 2014 1:06 AM
Jul 2012
5. Though it gets worse or better depending on the days, that's just how I feel right now. Most of the time, I can function well, get shit done, and live a peaceful, normal life. Then there are days when I break away from that cycle and take a look at myself, the things I've done, and the meaning behind everything around me. This often leads to a sense of disenchantment. My flaws are: I procrastinate too much, never get enough sleep, live with regrets, laze around too much, and run away from problems. Typing this all out just made me even sadder. Fuck this, it's 1 AM and I still have laundry to take care of.
May 5, 2014 2:48 AM

Jan 2014
6. I'm incredibly envious, and I often do things just for the sake of trying to be better than my friends, which is probably my most annoying flaw. I'm also lazy, somewhat self absorbed, pretentious ( as in, I act like I'm a better and more respectable person than I actually am when I'm around other people like my friends etc), and I covertly pick on people who I perceive as less intelligent than me for my entertainment. Don't really mind that last one that much, but it's not exactly virtuous of me.

I'm not one to take part in self loathing, because I think it's overly-negative and whiny, but if I take the time to think about, I'm aware of my flaws and that I'm a pretty dislikable person. I don't dislike myself per se, because I at least get a strange form of entertainment out of seeing my flaws in play, but I probably wouldn't want to be friends with myself if I could.
May 5, 2014 2:57 AM

May 2012
I've pretty much accepted who I am and hope that one day I will change for the better. My negative qualities are part of what makes me who I am, so how could I hate them?
May 5, 2014 3:45 AM
Jan 2013
I'd say a 3.

I'm pretty happy with who I am.

I wish that my penis was slightly bigger though.
May 5, 2014 4:29 AM
Jan 2014
0 ... why would I hate myself? If I dont like something about myself, I change it.
May 5, 2014 4:31 AM

Mar 2014
Probably a 6. I wish my parents would have been smarter and had practiced safe sex.
May 5, 2014 4:41 AM
Mar 2014
A few years ago I would have said around 10 but I'm pretty happy with myself right now, even though I'm still not the person I dream to be. 3 !
May 5, 2014 4:54 AM

May 2014
Given my philosophy that if you can't love yourself, you can't love anyone else, I'm going to go with 1
May 5, 2014 4:59 AM

Nov 2012
1, I'm pretty awesome if I might say so myself.
May 5, 2014 5:03 AM
Nov 2008
around a 7, i think. possibly an 8. i just... i just don't really like myself that much. one or two people do seem to love me, but i'm not sure how they did it. i probably wouldn't be around if it weren't for them.
May 5, 2014 5:06 AM

Sep 2013
2 maybe. I love everything about myself but there are rare occassions when I resent myself for something.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
May 5, 2014 5:16 AM
Sep 2011
Whats up with this bizarre thread
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What does your username mean? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

56 by zzz »»
15 minutes ago

» Are video games a waste of time and money?? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - May 27

83 by WaffleMaster89 »»
48 minutes ago

» What if you saw God in heaven? ( 1 2 )

-Usagi - Feb 3, 2016

76 by WaffleMaster89 »»
60 minutes ago

» do you eat to live or live to eat?

707supremacist - May 4

29 by traed »»
2 hours ago

» it's the weekend and my brains are really fried right now

tsukareru - May 25

36 by tsukareru »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.