Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 13, 2009 8:56 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The real Kuma.
Zoro's disappearance.
What will happen to the crew?
Jun 13, 2009 10:31 PM

Jul 2006
I really loved how they incorporated a mini-flashback at the end of the episode. It hit me hard seeing all of the emotional moments between Luffy and the rest of the crew being used, and Luffy crying his ass off. Luffy has NEVER cried like that before, and seeing him like that emphasizes what a great lost he just went through.

I'm actually kind of glad there is going to be filler episode after all that has happened. After the last couple of episodes, we need something that is light hearted to get us ready for the ride that is about to start.

Jun 13, 2009 10:34 PM

May 2006
Ah~ Really, this has just been getting more and more exciting... What a dramatic episode this was, though... And talk about one really hysteric Luffy... Wow, I don't recall him going so incredibly hysteric for a while now (if at all?).

But yeah, I wasn't too fond of the Flashbacks, myself (a few better examples could have been used, that's what I'm thinking)... but meh, I guess they worked to "intensify" the whole "happenings..." I'm curious to know what really happened...

Sigh... Next time is going to be a filler episode, though~ Noes (I hope the fillers won't last too long...)~ Can't wait to see what happens next in the real plot~ >x<~
Jun 13, 2009 11:01 PM

Apr 2009
Rie said:
Ah~ Really, this has just been getting more and more exciting... What a dramatic episode this was, though... And talk about one really hysteric Luffy... Wow, I don't recall him going so incredibly hysteric for a while now (if at all?).

But yeah, I wasn't too fond of the Flashbacks, myself (a few better examples could have been used, that's what I'm thinking)... but meh, I guess they worked to "intensify" the whole "happenings..." I'm curious to know what really happened...

Sigh... Next time is going to be a filler episode, though~ Noes (I hope the fillers won't last too long...)~ Can't wait to see what happens next in the real plot~ >x<~
Only 2 filler episode.
If you're familiar with the Grand Jipang fillers - It's that.
Jun 13, 2009 11:05 PM

May 2009
Awesome episode! This is by far the best episode in One Piece thus far.
I think every One Piece faan needs a little break now :S
Jun 13, 2009 11:46 PM

Nov 2007
This episode came out quite well.

Now for a couple light-hearted fillers before the next wonderful arc begins.
Jun 14, 2009 2:57 AM

Dec 2008
woot! great episode! hadn't cried on a One Piece episode for quite a time!
Jun 14, 2009 5:19 AM

Nov 2008
Holy Sh t what an episode!

I'm not happy that there will be fillers after this - after all this spectacular dramatic tension it's nuts to go off and lose the momentum. My interest level in the fillers drops right off the cliff.

Oh well, I guess that they will wait until the new summer season begins to get back into the real story.
Jun 14, 2009 6:45 AM

Dec 2008
Yes! They made it so emotional just like I hoped for! Luffy hitting his own head was so sad.

And I'm really waiting for 2 next fillers, preview showed that we will see people from Water Seven and Thriller Bark, were there Zombie-ninjas or what? :D Too bad that there isn't longer filler, since I really hope that the producers will put some time, hard work and quality in the up-coming episodes.

Edit: Whoaah! My 100th post!
Jun 14, 2009 12:00 PM

Aug 2007
Haha. Damn. It just doesn't stop. The emotions in the episode just runs high. Definitely what I expected. Let's hope these fillers really do put up some answers of which we weren't given in the manga. Btw, I'm referring to the ones based off the story not the upcoming ones.
IshmaelJun 14, 2009 12:21 PM
Jun 14, 2009 1:54 PM

Apr 2009
Jun 14, 2009 2:27 PM

Aug 2008
Headshot ... like Bushnik allready said ... the fans need now a break xD..

Jun 14, 2009 2:39 PM

Apr 2009
Eikichi_Onizuka said:
woot! great episode! hadn't cried on a One Piece episode for quite a time!

+1.
epic episode.

interesting what Kuda told to that old man ...
Jun 14, 2009 2:39 PM

Jun 2007
spectacular A brilliant ending to a awesome arc. You could really feel the connection the strawhats have. They are like a very close family, violently ripped apart ;_;

Next week Boss luffy, but it has zombie ninjas so we're good.
Jun 14, 2009 4:40 PM

Apr 2008
Great episode! It kind of reminded me of the 6th Movie.

Luffy crying out for each of his crew and hitting his head against the ground in frustration had me in tears. T~T

Jun 14, 2009 5:28 PM

Mar 2009
Never saw Luffy getting so thrashed before. Throughout the episode he could only stand on the spot and shout for his nakama to run away. I felt that he could have done more to bring his nakama away. Can't wait for fillers to end.

Jun 14, 2009 5:45 PM

Sep 2008
im very shocked....
its the first time i saw luffy so afraid and frustated, and who could blame him ,but honestly this was very intense i think the fillers migth be comming with a good timing this time,too much tension...
cant belive how everyone was so exited about th 400th episode but how shokin gwas the 405th episode
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jun 14, 2009 6:50 PM

Jul 2008
omg T.T filler time <_<
and dam it has been a while Luffy has cried so much O.O
Jun 14, 2009 7:13 PM

Jul 2008
so the entire crew has disappeared, blown away by kuma; and next up is fillers
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 14, 2009 7:53 PM

Aug 2008
Next episode, they're all going to be together again, in filler land.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Jun 14, 2009 8:32 PM

Dec 2008
emp2907 said:
Never saw Luffy getting so thrashed before. Throughout the episode he could only stand on the spot and shout for his nakama to run away. I felt that he could have done more to bring his nakama away.

No, he was way too exhausted to do anything. There was fight against PX-4 and Sentoumaru's hits hurting him and Kuma's teleporting ability prevented him from touching Kuma. Just beating one pacifista was really hard, Luffy had to use Gear 2 and everybody knows what it does to his body.
Jun 15, 2009 12:45 AM

May 2008
Been quite a long time since i last cried on one of OP's episodes. Brilliant way to end a brilliant arc.

This episode showed, most of all, just how much of a balance element Zoro is for them. The second he disappeared [him being the strongest and the one who never loses] they were paralyzed: even Luffy was. It's the first time we got to see Luffy practically torn to shreds, pleading Kuma to stop and crying and bashing his head to the ground. The most emotional scenes was the one in which he was reaching for Robin's hand.T________T
[loved the popping baloons when a crew member disappeared]

I still wonder what Kuma told Ray-san. [i'm still thinking his intention was to help them all along].
Jun 15, 2009 3:54 AM

Jun 2008
nice ep
Jun 15, 2009 5:12 AM

Jun 2008
Awesome episode! They all vanisched! Including Luffy! The scene with Robin and Luffy was so moving. Kuma's so strong, even Chopper disappeard! Luffy's gone desperate crying. He loves them all so much.
It's the first time I saw Nami so frightened, especially her eyes were terrified.
Nice idea with the bubbles breaking while losing each of the nakama.
Jun 15, 2009 6:12 AM

Sep 2008
Nooooo, next weeks episode looks like crap. :'(
I always skip those.
Jun 15, 2009 7:38 AM

May 2007
They should have called this episode "Cry out each others name"

I understand the emotional impact of what they were going for, but 24 minutes of

"RUN!! Sanji!!! Usopp!!! RUN!!! Nami!! Chopper!!!! NOOOOOO! RUN!!! Robin!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!"

That does not translate well to animation in my opinion. Besides that problem however, I am really interested to see what happens next...not including the filler.
Jun 15, 2009 9:08 AM

Apr 2009
Wayero, said:
but 24 minutes of

"RUN!! Sanji!!! Usopp!!! RUN!!! Nami!! Chopper!!!! NOOOOOO! RUN!!! Robin!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!"

lol, what were you expecting from this episode ?
Jun 15, 2009 11:09 AM
Dec 2008
Was a bit too whiny and emo in my opinion (especially the flashes from past,they could've put in some less whiny moments). Can't wait to see next arcs tho :p
Jun 15, 2009 12:37 PM

Mar 2009
WOW Definitely one of the best episodes ive ever seen.

poor luffy... he was totally shed apart , he couldn't even save one nakama...

now time for some fillers!
Jun 15, 2009 3:54 PM

Apr 2007
Epic episode is epic. I've waited a while for this episode. The animation was also pretty good.

Fillers are ok. Samurai Brook is always win!

Jun 15, 2009 5:00 PM

Sep 2008
Very well done.

Luffy's VA is absolutely amazing, I should just point that out. The amount of emotion in this episode was incredible, and Luffy's VA just really helped me feel for Luffy.

Seeing Luffy break down like that was really sad and well done, too. He's usually so happy and optimistic (a bit overly so, but hey, before now that optimism hasn't failed him.) but now he has just failed everybody. Nami shouting out "Luffy! Help me!" was really sad as well, and then Luffy trying to reach for Robin and her disappearing right in front of his eyes.

Wow... Really sad and well done! I know that it's not the end of the series, but if I didn't know that as a fact this episode probably would have gotten to me even more.
Jun 15, 2009 5:30 PM
Jul 2008
The best episode ever *-*
Jun 15, 2009 6:26 PM

Apr 2008
Absolutely positively genius. Incredible episode. Definitely my fav episode of one piece. Luffy getting so emotional was heart wrenching. The 8 people who gave this less than a 5/5 should be ashamed.
Jun 15, 2009 7:41 PM

Feb 2008
i guess this was the obligatory trashing of our heroes.

clearly he sent them somewhere. hopefully not separated. this just means that he and his crew will come back stronger.
Jun 15, 2009 9:05 PM

Feb 2009
Envy26 said:
Very well done.

Luffy's VA is absolutely amazing, I should just point that out. The amount of emotion in this episode was incredible, and Luffy's VA just really helped me feel for Luffy.

Seeing Luffy break down like that was really sad and well done, too. He's usually so happy and optimistic (a bit overly so, but hey, before now that optimism hasn't failed him.) but now he has just failed everybody. Nami shouting out "Luffy! Help me!" was really sad as well, and then Luffy trying to reach for Robin and her disappearing right in front of his eyes.

Wow... Really sad and well done! I know that it's not the end of the series, but if I didn't know that as a fact this episode probably would have gotten to me even more.

perfectly said.
Jun 16, 2009 2:20 AM

May 2007
Next week's episode is one of those specials :D Cant wait~

Also, this week's was very well done, loved how the added the flashbacks with Bink's no Sake playing in the background ;( Kinda made me want to rewatch the series hehe.

Jun 16, 2009 6:59 AM

Jun 2008
400 AND 405...this 2 episode episode was TRULY THE BEST EPISODES that i've ever seen....

i'm just out of words .__.
Jun 16, 2009 7:16 AM

Jan 2009
Great episode, the most dramatic of the serie for me, I loved.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2009 9:44 AM

Aug 2008
Was a sad episode!!! To see the Luffy crying ... really hurt heart!
Excellent episode!
Jun 16, 2009 7:29 PM

Apr 2007
That was such an epic and sad episode ;____;
Adding the flashbacks of when each member joined the crew was a nice choice. Man I love this series.

And I'm excited to see the filler episodes. The historical One Piece specials are always fun to watch :3
Jun 17, 2009 2:13 AM

Jan 2009
Epic episode. I almost cried. T_T And I really hope that Luffy and the others are okay.

But one thing I hate is that now at such a critical time we're back at fillers. >.<
Jun 17, 2009 4:12 AM

Apr 2008
Totally loved it.... really SO wanna know what Kuma whispered to Rayleigh there !! And what Kuma's motives are for doing all this , w/e he exactly did... Frikking awesome and good One Piece episode.

happy and sad for the next fillers indeed, ofc we all wanna know what's gonna happen next, but indeed I think we need a little break after all epicness from last couple weeks + Luffy-oyabin fillers are hilarious xD
Jun 17, 2009 4:49 AM

Apr 2009
there will be only 2 episodes of fillers
and they are pretty funny)
Jun 17, 2009 7:44 AM

Jun 2008
It was nice seeing them losing for once. I was surprised by the reactions of Luffy. He just stood there most of the time. I am wondering what power up they will get after this experience and the reasons behind Kumas actions.
About the last thing Kuma said to Luffy. What is the right one? "You won't see them again" or "We will not be seeing each other again"? Is Yibis wrong?

Ha! Ha! One Piece is over, after the fillers we will have "The adventures of Kuma".
Jun 17, 2009 10:16 AM

Apr 2009
Monad said:
Ha! Ha! One Piece is over, after the fillers we will have "The adventures of Kuma".

LOL that made me laugh.

That actually made me think: If there was no preview for the next episode - I wonder how many anime-only viewers would think One Piece is now over.

And to the people saying this is emo... Read the freaking manga chapter.
Hayato_kunJun 17, 2009 10:21 AM
Jun 17, 2009 12:17 PM
Dec 2008
A really awesome episode....

And it was really sad.....This episode really hit me hard....
And it only made it sader to see all the flashbacks....
Its nice with a couple of filler in between...need a little light topic.....
The last few episodes has been hard.....
Jun 17, 2009 1:42 PM

Dec 2006
If this was any other shounen, they would've powered up like last second and beat the shit out of everybody. . . .

Really well done though, hats off to Oda for an ever growing masterpiece.
リスト 。。

Jun 17, 2009 3:47 PM

May 2007
Fucking brilliantly directed. Kudos.

Man tears were shed. :(
Jun 17, 2009 4:21 PM
Feb 2008
Great episode! One Piece is so fucking epic! Hell yeah.
Jun 17, 2009 5:13 PM

Jan 2009
It looked like to me like Kuma saved their asses. I'm kind of glad he made Luffy disappear as well. Great episode. ^_^ Artwork is getting a tiny bit sloppy, and the animation a tiny bit off iin parts is well... >.> So, maybe they do need a break to improve a bit. Assuming that they already made the filler. I'm really tempted to read the manga to see what happens now..
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hottest Woman in One Piece?

kian_lad20 - Yesterday

19 by Jamk_ »»
33 minutes ago

» The most attractive person in the show? ( 1 2 )

tommygunn34 - Sep 17

91 by Kickstartsama »»
53 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 227 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Nov 22, 2009

48 by OKNOPE »»
2 hours ago

» What episode was one piece on when you were born? ( 1 2 3 )

Zakatsuki_ - Sep 15

124 by HEBS721 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1120 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 21

29 by kyledluffy »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.