Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 7, 2010 6:43 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 7, 2010 8:42 PM

Jun 2009
Nov 7, 2010 9:45 PM

Oct 2010
Can you give a link to this episode?
Nov 7, 2010 11:36 PM

Nov 2007
CHiRAL-chan said:
Can you give a link to this episode?

There are 3 sources in this entry, and still in raw.
Nov 8, 2010 6:05 AM

Oct 2010
It's okay, thank you for posting.
Why did Sano AND Okita have to die?! It isn't fair! With both gone... all that's left for me now is Saitou... T_T
I am sad right now, I need a hug!
Nov 8, 2010 7:33 AM

Jul 2010
Okita-san? You're not dead right? You gotta be kidding me! ;____________________;

I bawled like a baby lmao
TsunemoriAkaneNov 8, 2010 7:42 AM
Nov 8, 2010 8:10 AM

May 2007
WTF??

Sorry, fangirl rant...
'I think of my fellow men from the Shieikan as my lifelong comrades. My most proud and precious good fortune has been to have met all of you, Soji.' [Yamanami Keisuke, vice-commander, Shinsengumi]
Nov 8, 2010 10:27 AM

Dec 2007
Omg! Okita-san and Harada-san died ;__;
ahhhhhhhhh~~~
Nov 8, 2010 1:14 PM

Jun 2009
Fyndra said:
WTF??

Sorry, fangirl rant...

second that
Nov 8, 2010 1:45 PM

Apr 2009

According to history:

Harada Sanosuke was fatally wounded during that battle (The only difference is that in real life there weren't any rasetsu there), and died almost right away at some dude house (sorry, don't remember the name, someone important).

It IS, however, specualted that Harada Sanosuke actually survived, because there have been gaps in information about why he wasn't on the dead people list. There's a continuation of this rumour, but I guess it's not quite appropriate to write it here.

Okita Souji actually died alone. If I'm not mistaken he was at the hospital (but might've been at home) and his condition was very bad, he kept on asking why he hadn't been receiving any letters from Kondo-san recently. Nurses and doctors felt so sorry for Okita and wanted him to die peacefully without knowing that Kondo-san was executed. Okita died alone. There's a rumour he died while trying to kill the cat. There's even a oneshot about it, don't remember its name. No one was present at the moment of Okita Souji's death. So be thankful he died like a hero...

Toudou Heisuke actually kinda betrayed Shinsnegumi, he joined Itou and left (for those not familiar with Japanese history, Gintama's shinsengumi arc is based on this fact). Kondo-san wanted to spare his life, but Heisuke was soon killed by a new member of shinsengumi who didn't know the details.

Nagakura Shinpachi and Saitou Hajime survived and died in the same year, Shinpach iwas 76, Saitou was 71. Shinpachi died just because he was old, Saitou died of stomach ulcer.

Shinpachi wrote memoirs about Shinsengumi, they haven't been translated into English yet as far as I know... Kinda the most trusted book about Shinsengumi. His son also attended the premiere of the very first movie about Shinsengumi.

ALL the Shinsengumi were pardoned by the Japanese government only in the end of the 20th century, it was the first time the government pardoned a whole group of people and not separately.

Oh and yeah, the Tokugawa dude died two years before Shinpachi and Saitou... bastard.

So.... now think yourself who's gonna die and who's not... though anything can be expected now.

And also, the last words Sano said were: "I have to hurry to Aizu to where Shinpachi is".

Souji decided that if Kondo-san entrusted Shinsengumi to Hijikata, then he must protect Hijikata, that's why he faced those ronin.

It's not the monk, it's Yukimura Koudou, Chizuru "kinda" dad, he's an oni and creator of rasetsu.

P.S. They've changed so many things compared to the game, and some things are not according to history either, so it's unpredictable now D:
LeeNoriegaNov 8, 2010 4:32 PM
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Nov 8, 2010 3:44 PM

Jun 2010
Damn, damn, damn!!!
Not only it's faithful to Hijikata's route, it's also faithful to history!!
No, I can still pretend they're just hiding. I only saw a couple scene because it's not subbed. I'll think Sano just past out and Okita lived but he fell off the edge. (Though how does he live through that?)
HikariSakura321Nov 8, 2010 3:56 PM
Nov 8, 2010 4:22 PM
Sep 2010
nooooo did okita reali die :'( maybe he just went off somewhere i dnt want okita to die :(
Nov 8, 2010 4:36 PM

Sep 2009
Ouch. What a depressing episode, even though I knew all this was going to happen it didn't make things any less depressing when they actually did.
Nov 8, 2010 11:44 PM

May 2007
LeeNoriega said:

It IS, however, specualted that Harada Sanosuke actually survived, because there have been gaps in information about why he wasn't on the dead people list. There's a continuation of this rumour, but I guess it's not quite appropriate to write it here.

That's why I thought he might be saved. Even in the game they used this urban legend, so why not adapt it to anime? There would be too many bishounens, or what? :D

LeeNoriega said:
It's not the monk, it's Yukimura Koudou

My bad; whenever I see a bald guy in anime, I tend to label him 'monk' ^_^;;
'I think of my fellow men from the Shieikan as my lifelong comrades. My most proud and precious good fortune has been to have met all of you, Soji.' [Yamanami Keisuke, vice-commander, Shinsengumi]
Nov 9, 2010 1:31 AM

Nov 2007
Fyndra said:

LeeNoriega said:
It's not the monk, it's Yukimura Koudou

Sorry, that goes same for me. It's just my simple naming for Chizuru's "kinda" father (I know that already).
Nov 9, 2010 2:09 AM

Apr 2009
Fyndra said:

EDIT: Uh, sorry, I actually meant to qoute your words about Sano ^^;

Yeah, but it's more like... a favourable rumour for Shinsengumi fans, and I think I'd believe it depending on when it appeared. It's said he fled to China and became one of horse bandits, but I kinda don't believe such a guy would leave his family behind and become a bandit in another country, seeing how much he longed for his wife and kid.
LeeNoriegaNov 9, 2010 2:44 AM
Nov 9, 2010 4:40 AM
Oct 2010
this episode is too saddening.. knew it was coming because it's following the history but didn't know it would come so early!!

not much left for the rest of the show now.. (at least for me)
Nov 9, 2010 6:04 PM

Jun 2010
kynnlia said:
this episode is too saddening.. knew it was coming because it's following the history but didn't know it would come so early!!

not much left for the rest of the show now.. (at least for me)

This is gonna hurt more cuz this season is only 10 episode+2 extra.
The extra is probably the other routes.
Nov 11, 2010 5:57 AM
Nov 2010
HikariSakura321 said:
Damn, damn, damn!!!
Not only it's faithful to Hijikata's route, it's also faithful to history!!
No, I can still pretend they're just hiding. I only saw a couple scene because it's not subbed. I'll think Sano just passed out and Okita lived but he fell off the edge. (Though how does he live through that?)

I second to that .... I don't really want to see Sano and Okita off
They are my favourite T_T
Nov 12, 2010 4:19 PM

Nov 2009
Goddammit. What a depressing episode.
Nov 12, 2010 6:57 PM
Aug 2008
I wished Okita would've gotten more screen time before he died. :(

I'm secretly hoping Sano's going to come back later. :|
omgitseloNov 12, 2010 7:36 PM
Nov 13, 2010 8:22 PM

Dec 2009
The history is cruel.
Nov 14, 2010 1:02 AM
Jul 2018
A very sad episode...

So Okita already followed Kondou-san... :'(
And I hope that Sano and Shiranui is fine.
I also hope that no more characters will die.
Nov 19, 2010 10:57 PM

Jul 2010
Oh! I can't believe Okita's dead. His illness was getting worse but still...
This episode was so sad.
Nov 20, 2010 3:08 AM

Feb 2010
^^ really a cruel ep so many deaths :( but yeah japan history is bloody
Nov 20, 2010 3:24 AM

Sep 2009
Cannot believe they killed off Okita. Its just so.... *cries* *cries*. He is one of my favorites right from the very beginning. Its just so damn depressing.
Killing 3 main characters all together in one episode is just frustrating. Sannan should have died instead of Okita. Its just so mean *sobs*

The Shisengumi is in such a bad place now that death seems inevitable I guess. Its just so sad.
Okita's death made me forget everything I was about to write *frustrated*
Nov 20, 2010 3:25 AM

Nov 2010
Oh no First Kondo, then Harada and now Okita. :(
Please don't die Saito! (And Heisuke too!) D:<
Nov 20, 2010 3:28 AM

Jun 2009
Dammit 3 person died in a row T___T How cruel, kondou one of them, now i really want to see how Hijikata takes care of the Shinsengumi.

Nov 20, 2010 5:04 AM

Jul 2008
MidnightSky said:
Goddammit. What a depressing episode.

Second that.

Sanosuke, and even Okita WHYYY?! ;______; /goes emo
Nov 20, 2010 5:27 AM

Aug 2010
I really liked Oikta, it's so sad he died... But at least his death was beautiful for a samurai - he died in a battle, not from his ilness. Such a depressing episode :(

but (!) more Saitou in next ep! *cannot wait!*
Nov 20, 2010 5:28 AM

Oct 2009
Too much blood in this episode. That's all.

So,Saitou is taking charge of the frontline in the next episode?Can't wait.

What I don't like about the preview is that Saitou introduces himself as a Shinsengumi member. We all know that right? It's just that it feels odd and I can't shake off the feeling that something bad will happen to Saitou in the next ep,which I hope won't happen. I want to at least see Saitou alive in the last ep!!
Nov 20, 2010 7:13 AM

Jan 2009
Well actually if you played the game it's actually not so surprising to see okita are dead. most of the ending for hakuouki are sad end actually ( ̄ー ̄)
Nov 20, 2010 9:54 AM

Aug 2009
this...
isnt.. going to well....

;_____________________;

WE R LOSING THE ENTIRE CAST!!!

And I cant stand deaths!!! T_______T

I LOVED YOU SANO AND OKITA!!!! T_________T
Nov 20, 2010 10:04 AM

Apr 2009
-Vid said:
D: Nuuuh. Really quite a sad episode. All those good chars dying just for Hijikata/Chizuru.. who nearly nobody likes anyway. lul. ._.

Meh.. D:

Yeah, totally agree. If I at least have a huge amount of respect towards Hijikata who is an undeniably outstanding man (even though he's not one of my favourites), then Chizuru is a joke of a female lead, I've never seen anyone as useless as her. She's more of a burden than a main character...
LeeNoriegaNov 20, 2010 10:08 AM
Nov 20, 2010 11:57 AM

Dec 2008
OMG!! This episode was incredibly sad. We said goodbye to Kondou, Okita, and Harada all in one ep. RIP guys...I'll miss you.
Nov 20, 2010 1:35 PM

Jul 2010
Sano! Souji! Oh my god, I can't believe Souji is dead, he HAS to come back in the show! :'( It's so depressing 2 of them died in 1 episode, it's way too much for only 25 minutes :O Well at least Saito and Heisuke are still alive...

The only good (positive) thing is to see how Chizuru x Hijikata is developing I like the pairing ^^ Oh and the fight with Hijikata and Siato was great :D

Can't wait till next episode but I really hope that won't be as sad as this one and I think I'll really cry if Saito would die o.O
Nov 20, 2010 2:48 PM

May 2010
I was kinda confused by this episode even though I watched it subbed. I think the diseased guy died but who was the other one?
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Nov 20, 2010 3:11 PM

May 2009
Bawwwwww, everyone is dying... :(
Nov 20, 2010 3:24 PM

Sep 2009
LeeNoriega said:
Chizuru is a joke of a female lead, I've never seen anyone as useless as her. She's more of a burden than a main character...
Such pretty words. Totally agreed. The worst and the most annoying part is that she is actually a Oni who is weaker than any random human. Sheesh. A fail will always remain a fail >.>
Nov 20, 2010 3:34 PM

Jun 2007
ah whatever... really annoying episode. They didn't need to keep up with history and killing off Okita so early in the story. I suppose Hijikata's next then.
Nov 20, 2010 3:40 PM

Jun 2008
i wish it was Chizuru dying in Harada and Okita´s place. At least she would do something. *Apologizes to Chizuru fans*
Linalee-Stratos said:
LeeNoriega said:
Chizuru is a joke of a female lead, I've never seen anyone as useless as her. She's more of a burden than a main character...
Such pretty words. Totally agreed. The worst and the most annoying part is that she is actually a Oni who is weaker than any random human. Sheesh. A fail will always remain a fail >.>

Wow, you took the words out of my mouth.
Definitely she is EPIC. EPIC FAIL!

I wanna my Harada back. i almost cried. And Okita...damn, i cant even express my feelings now ;_;

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 20, 2010 5:46 PM

Jul 2008
SOUUUUUJI!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO *screams in pillow*
I just cried so much, I have no more tears in me..
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
Nov 20, 2010 8:52 PM

Jul 2010
ashura said:
ah whatever... really annoying episode. They didn't need to keep up with history and killing off Okita so early in the story. I suppose Hijikata's next then.
I know. If they're going to go along with history then, yeah, everyone will die. And judging by the preview, things really aren't looking good for Saitou. If they kill him off next I will be so pissed. I just lost my second favorite character (Souji), and Harada was also awesome, so if they go and kill Saitou RIGHT AFTER... Oh my God. >_>

If anyone is to live through everything it will be Hijikata because he and Chizuru are going to be together, which kind of sucks at this point because ever since the second season has started Hijikata (for me, at least) has seriously gone down in cool points.
Nov 20, 2010 9:57 PM

Nov 2009
NOOOOOOOOOO OKITAAA WHYYYYYYYY ;____; *cries* YOU WERE MY FAVORITE ;-;
Nov 20, 2010 11:54 PM

Aug 2009
HikariSakura321 said:

This is gonna hurt more cuz this season is only 10 episode+2 extra.
The extra is probably the other routes.

i REALLY hope that they will be other routes!!!!!!

and i thought since they didnt kill Heisuke-kun when he was SUPPOSE to die, i thought "oh maybe they wont kill anyone and just make them into rasetsu's when theyre suppose to "not exist in this world". since Heisuke-kun became a rasetsu when he was SUPPOSE to die and Souji became a rasetsu the year he was SUPPOSE to die, i had faith in this anime....

BUT i got the slap of reality thrown into the anime...my beautiful Souji MIGHT be dead (in the back of my mind i know that he's dead but DONT TELL ME THAT TT^TT), Harada-san MIGHT ALSO be dead(i just want to think that he's just resting on the tree until he has enough energy to get back up on his feet and meet up with everyone.

they BETTER follow what happened in real life for Saito and im kinda glad that they are following Hijikata's route since i KNOW he aint gonna die...

but all those BISHOUNEN-tachi...gone....will never see them again...NOOOO TTTTTOTTTTT
Nov 21, 2010 12:02 AM

Aug 2009
AND i totally agree with EVERYONE who said Chizuru was useless..too many people said it so i couldnt quote everyone hahaha ^^;;; but i was always hoping like she'll get stabbed or slashed or fight in front of all the bishies (Souji, Saito, Hijikata, Heisuke, Harada - listed in the order of my likes ^^;;; haha) cuz shes gonna heal ANYWAYS so why not just throw her in the front so you dont have to die a useless death for the useless girl?? (im sorry to all Chizuru fans out there)

oh yeah one more thing...DAMN IT SANNAN OR HOWEVER YOU SAY YOURE NAME!!! DIE ALREADY!!!! > <
Nov 21, 2010 6:28 AM

Aug 2009
i so can't belive this shit!!! both of my favorite characters died i one fucking episode ... what is this? ... why is everyone dieing?

badge:

Nov 21, 2010 7:08 AM

Feb 2009
Shit is getting more depressing every episode. T___T
Nov 21, 2010 10:09 AM

Jun 2007
Iilia said:
ashura said:
I know. If they're going to go along with history then, yeah, everyone will die. And judging by the preview, things really aren't looking good for Saitou. If they kill him off next I will be so pissed. I just lost my second favorite character (Souji), and Harada was also awesome, so if they go and kill Saitou RIGHT AFTER... Oh my God. >_>

Actually Saito is the only one surviving from historical point of view and most likely he's not going to die in the anime either.
PS: my bad, Nagakura Shinpachi is the other war survivor, no idea what is going to happen with him though.
ashuraNov 21, 2010 10:37 AM
Nov 21, 2010 12:28 PM

Apr 2009
ashura said:
Iilia said:
ashura said:

Actually Saito is the only one surviving from historical point of view and most likely he's not going to die in the anime either.
PS: my bad, Nagakura Shinpachi is the other war survivor, no idea what is going to happen with him though.

It's an open end for Saitou in anime, and I doubt we'll see him again, seeing how they wrap things up. And I don't think we'll see Shinpachi again, because his group has already disbanded and he returned to Edo. So, yeah, he might still live but I don't think they'll show him again... but then again there kinda wasn't a proper goodbye scene with him, so can't say for sure.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

160 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 18, 2023 5:01 AM

» Why didn't Chizuru... (spoilers)

AriAkiko - May 8, 2011

12 by Kana-Cucumber »»
Aug 22, 2021 10:03 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 14, 2010

61 by justduckyxx »»
May 27, 2018 10:18 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 21, 2010

56 by SenChen »»
Sep 22, 2017 2:30 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 3, 2010

100 by MelMelMel »»
May 11, 2017 11:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.