Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 13, 2023 9:52 PM
Dec 2020
Is this the best first episode thats ever made been in fiction? 
If not give examples

edit
Also, dont say its unfair because of the length
because you cant do anything about it
Pillsbury_UchihaApr 14, 2023 4:34 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 13, 2023 9:59 PM
Jul 2014
Excel Saga Dub Ep01 - YouTube

Does this anime start out with the main character brutally stabbing the mangaka to death? 
Apr 13, 2023 10:12 PM

Jul 2021
Regardless of how the shows turned out I'll say the best are from
Akame ga Kill
The promised Neverland
AOT
Death Note
To your eternity
Erased
etc
Apr 13, 2023 10:25 PM

Oct 2019
yes, but actually no

I would say that it technically is the best, but it's not exactly a fair comparison, this was an hour and a half long

if not for that, stuff like steins;gate, the promised neverland, attack on titan or mars red would easily beat it.

Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 13, 2023 10:27 PM
May 2012
Given it is 3-4 eps in length, it's a bit unfair to compare only 1 except with other long ones like Re:Zero. Really best to compare this with the "3 ep rule" of others.

Seraph of the End has a pretty great e1.
Apr 13, 2023 10:30 PM
Oct 2015
nah samurai champloo, cowbow bebop, the original berserk, is probably better in terms of flow etc.

the problem is, its unfair to compare this because its literally 1 hour and 20 minutes long, it has had a lot of run time in comparison, its basicly like the first 5 episodes of anyother show,
if we compare this.

its like the entire golden age arc flashback of berserk put into a movie(which kinda exists) around the same length as well.

or the entirety of the first movie of ghost in the shell length.

actually I would also mention elfen lieds first episode being literally famous. 
the anime itself I wouldn't say is the best or anything, but people always remember the first episode of elfen lied. 

i've watched a lot of anime so i might be forgetting a few,
its just not fair to compare a 1 hour plus episode with most shorter episodes, and even then there are some which have more impact.

Apr 13, 2023 10:32 PM
Oct 2015
Neostorm-X said:
nah samurai champloo, cowbow bebop, the original berserk, is probably better in terms of flow etc.

the problem is, its unfair to compare this because its literally 1 hour and 20 minutes long, it has had a lot of run time in comparison, its basicly like the first 5 episodes of anyother show,
if we compare this.

its like the entire golden age arc flashback of berserk put into a movie(which kinda exists) around the same length as well.

or the entirety of the first movie of ghost in the shell length.

actually I would also mention elfen lieds first episode being literally famous. 
the anime itself I wouldn't say is the best or anything, but people always remember the first episode of elfen lied. 

i've watched a lot of anime so i might be forgetting a few,
its just not fair to compare a 1 hour plus episode with most shorter episodes, and even then there are some which have more impact.

hell its not even the best first few episodes this season, i would argue that heavenly delusion has a much better opening and world building without even giving exposition and dialogue. 
don't get me wrong this is an amazing first episode (partially due to it being compressed into a movie length, like the golden age movies for berserk)

Apr 13, 2023 10:34 PM
Jan 2022
No because it's bad. Or at least, technically proficient but a complete mess in the writing department. There are an infinite amount of shows with better premieres but if we go for "any medium" I'd go to Twin Peaks first; utterly haunting.
Apr 13, 2023 10:49 PM
Oct 2015
noraqs99 said:
No because it's bad. Or at least, technically proficient but a complete mess in the writing department. There are an infinite amount of shows with better premieres but if we go for "any medium" I'd go to Twin Peaks first; utterly haunting.
damn unironicly?

i wouldn't say its bad,
however its overrated to hell.
i see that you rated this a 4, I can see where the rage is coming from after seeing the huge echo chamber praising this as the second coming of christ.
however

the rating of 4 or lower should only be reserved to the truly abhorrent series like drinking BLEACH, re:shit, midjitsu kaisen, or my dumpster academia.
series that only have gotten high scores due to their high animation quality and nothing else even though the manga had shit writing.

oshi no ko's manga might be slightly overrated, but it would say it stands in its own right, so i can't  completely say the animation carried it, unlike my re:shit or stuff like midjitsu kaisen with manga art uglier than ONEs from opm (which he does on purpose at this point)
Neostorm-XApr 13, 2023 11:00 PM
Apr 13, 2023 10:51 PM
Jan 2022
Neostorm-X said:
noraqs99 said:
damn ironicly?

i wouldn't say its bad,
i see that you rated this a 4, I can see where the rage is coming from after seeing the huge echo chamber praising this as the second coming of christ.
however

the rating of 4 or lower should only be reserved to the truly abhorrent series like drinking BLEACH, re:shit, midjitsu kaisen, or my dumpster academia.
series that only have gotten high scores due to their high animation quality and nothing else even though the manga had shit writing.

oshi no ko's manga might be slightly overrated, but it would say it stands in its own right, so i can't  completely say the animation carried it, unlike my re:shit or stuff like midjitsu kaisen with manga art uglier than ONEs from opm (which he does on purpose at this point)

4 is my "mediocre" rating.
Apr 13, 2023 10:55 PM
Jan 2019
Yes...sort of. I can't think of anything I enjoyed more or got me hooked on the show more after a single episode than Oshi no Ko did (I may or may not have binged the entire 115 chapter manga immediately after finishing the episode). But I don't know if you even can call this a single episode. I mean, we got 3-4 episodes worth of content instead of just 1. I love the way they did it. It was amazing, but I wouldn't call the first 20 minutes or even the first 40 minutes the best first episode ever by any means. Sure it sets up the story extremely well, but the first 20 minutes were pretty predictable. After the kids are born, it gets into the realm of best anime first episode I have ever seen, and that ending was genuinely unexpected and was so well done from a production standpoint. Takahashi Rie pulled out some of the best voice acting she has ever done in that scene, and that is saying something. After reading the manga, this could genuinely be the best anime ever to come out if the production value holds up. That said, "best" is a very subjective term and everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I'm sure there are a lot of people who disagree with me on this.
Apr 13, 2023 10:56 PM
Oct 2015
noraqs99 said:
also if we are talking about a comparison that had a similar length rethinking it would probably be Princess Mononoke is probably the best opening segment , i mean technically its the entire first part of the movie, but its around similar length. the introduction of the protagonist and all with his cursed arm etc.

Apr 13, 2023 10:59 PM
Oct 2015
noraqs99 said:
Neostorm-X said:
damn ironicly?

i wouldn't say its bad,
however

I seeee
so you are one of those who uses 5 as the baseline eh?
I respect that but since 90% of people don't do it, some people get the wrong idea that you are saying its worse than it is.

anyhow, as an inspiring writer and some one who researches writing, 
I always check to see what the source material is like and what THAT rating is before I see the anime, 
because even though its possible for an anime to be much worse than its source material but skiping and altering things.

its almost never the case where an anime can be better than the source material. because unless you are only looking for saguka fight scenes like the old new grounds animations etc with no plot.

the baseline writing is whats important.

for example I remember when midjitsu kaisen first came out and only 30 chapters existed. this was like 6 or so years ago. and i remember seeing the manga with only a 6.6 score or something, and I read it, and it was extremely mediocre, both the dialogue and the plot was horrendous, it was like some fanfiction from watpad doing some edgy roll play, the blindfold guy just came out as extremely edgy or contrived, and gojo acts exactly like 90% of shounen protagonists at the time, the whole trio of characters is so overdone and all the uniforms powers and dynamics were not interesting also the art fucking sucked. for example when fujimoto drew nobura on his twitter it was hilarious because he completely mogged the original author Akutamis art of the same picture.

jjk literally was horrendous to the core, it was like mass produced story written by AI,
then the anime came, and all of a sudden the multi million dollar animation turned a mediocre story, into an also still  mediocre story BUT NOW IT HAS FLASHY ANIMATIONS AND FIGHTS,
then everyone liked it. horrible writing and bad world building aside.
Neostorm-XApr 13, 2023 11:06 PM
Apr 13, 2023 11:11 PM
Jun 2021
best pilot episode in anime medium , nothing is close to this in my opinion. 
Apr 13, 2023 11:17 PM
Feb 2022
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
Is this the best first episode thats ever made been in any medium? 
If not give examples 
Well, whatever the other people might be complaining about that doesn't matter anyways.You wouldn't be getting much good response from the MAL community right now, as mostly the haters are rioting against the show, and there aren't many actual fans who will come into comments (as a fact even I was not here most of the time). However, this is arguably the best premiere/ first 3 eps I have seen. It won't be in my favs yet (I mean it has just started), but I can agree with it having one of the best opening episodes ever. Still, I did say even YouTube and Twitter are better places to talk about this right now, than MAL which is practically imbued with toxicity right now (not that it's the first time I am seeing it).
Apr 13, 2023 11:17 PM
Jan 2022
Neostorm-X said:
noraqs99 said:

I seeee
I respect that but since 90% of people don't do it, some people get the wrong idea that you are saying its worse than it is.

I always check to see what the source material is like and what THAT rating is before I see the anime, 
because even though its possible for an anime to be much worse than its source material but skiping and altering things.

its almost never the case where an anime can be better than the source material. because unless you are only looking for saguka fight scenes like the old new grounds animations etc with no plot.

for example I remember when midjitsu kaisen first came out and only 30 chapters existed. this was like 6 or so years ago. and i remember seeing the manga with only a 6.6 score or something, and I read it, and it was extremely mediocre, both the dialogue and the plot was horrendous, it was like some fanfiction from watpad doing some edgy roll play, the blindfold guy just came out as extremely edgy or contrived, and gojo acts exactly like 90% of shounen protagonists at the time, the whole trio of characters is so overdone and all the uniforms powers and dynamics were not interesting also the art fucking sucked. for example when fujimoto drew nobura on his twitter it was hilarious because he completely mogged the original author Akutamis art of the same picture.

jjk literally was horrendous to the core, it was like mass produced story written by AI,
then the anime came, and all of a sudden the multi million dollar animation turned a mediocre story, into an also still  mediocre story BUT NOW IT HAS FLASHY ANIMATIONS AND FIGHTS,

i havent read the manga but its the baseline writing i have an issue with. wrote this for letterboxd and the duscussion forum;

"A modernized spin on the themes of Perfect Blue, but watered down and given far less care and subtlety, wrapped in an Isekai story device and the shitty comedy (the person who wrote Kaguya-sama wrote this? unbelievable fall off) that often comes along with it - making it feel less prescient and ahead of its time and more regressive, clunky, and obvious. That being said, there is some scenes here that are incredibly well written for emotional affect and it provides the baseline for a gripping story. I am, however, left curious how it'll succeed considering the most interesting and thematically strong character seems to be out of the picture in the first episode.

The character designs and animation are gorgeous, that much is obvious. That aspect most obviously comes out in the flashy performance scenes, but there are quiet moments delivered with such strength too. The potential such things show leaves me evermore frustrated at its failures on a writing level. Having the technical skill to be Satoshi Kon does not make you Satoshi Kon - one must also have the intelligence to carefully weave complex, layered themes into your work, and the audacity to play with the conceptual limits of the medium as delivery method for an improved and visceral understanding of those themes as seen in Perfect Blue or Paprika."

if that gives you a better understanding of my issues. it fails to dive into its themes, only unsubtly gesturing at "idol culture bad" instead of exploring why, how it perpetuates, and how we can get rid of it, through the potential of the audiovisual medium. it's stupid and sloppy, failing to live up to the comparisons it so clearly wants with Perfect Blue.
Apr 13, 2023 11:44 PM

Mar 2015
I thought the writing was really good personally and did a good job of getting you to care for the characters in the time in had and hooks you into the story perfectly. The execution was extremely well done and I think that's the reason there's been so many high ratings. I'll admit I've gone through these chapters multiple times as I'm a manga reader and love the series, but I felt like everything met and even exceeded any expectations I had. As has been mentioned in this thread, I do agree it's the best first episode of any series, but it's definitely an unfair comparison since it's essentially a movie. That said, the studio really knocked it out of the park. 

I'm not gonna speak about "themes" as i feel like that's used as a buzzword a lot of the time, the most important thing to me is a narrative where I'm invested in the plot and characters and cannot wait to see what happens next. I feel like every arc in this series has its strong points. 
Apr 13, 2023 11:54 PM

Jul 2021
yes and anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 14, 2023 12:10 AM
Apr 2022
Time for the mods to rewrite the sypnosis.
Apr 14, 2023 12:10 AM
Jan 2022
Enel- said:
I thought the writing was really good personally and did a good job of getting you to care for the characters in the time in had and hooks you into the story perfectly. The execution was extremely well done and I think that's the reason there's been so many high ratings. I'll admit I've gone through these chapters multiple times as I'm a manga reader and love the series, but I felt like everything met and even exceeded any expectations I had. As has been mentioned in this thread, I do agree it's the best first episode of any series, but it's definitely an unfair comparison since it's essentially a movie. That said, the studio really knocked it out of the park. 

I'm not gonna speak about "themes" as i feel like that's used as a buzzword a lot of the time, the most important thing to me is a narrative where I'm invested in the plot and characters and cannot wait to see what happens next. I feel like every arc in this series has its strong points. 

"art having meaning is a buzzword actually" ???????? what kinda take is this

like its ok to casually watch stuff for entertainmemt but how u gonna just be anti-analysis lmfao like i feel like talking of a works themes is an objectively good thing
Apr 14, 2023 12:39 AM

Dec 2012
Yes. Anyone who thinks otherwise is braindead

Apr 14, 2023 1:20 AM
Mar 2023
People need to calm down, first of all its not even the best first ep even if you consider it to be the best its fuvkin 1hour and 20minutes that's almost a movie equivalent of like 3 and half anime episodes 🤦🏽‍♂️ just admit it the reason it's getting hype only cuz of these teenagers are drolling over Ai, the story is even silly to be considered the best man these simps need a reality check.
Apr 14, 2023 1:29 AM

Feb 2021
Yes, at least for now. It could be recency bias but I don't feel like I have seen a better first episode in any medium, let alone anime. 
Apr 14, 2023 1:32 AM

May 2012
Of course not. It's just the prologue in a movie length episode. I heard this same song and dance with Ranking of Kings 3 episodes in, how it cannot be topped.
Apr 14, 2023 1:38 AM

Oct 2013
People for real watch something and easily dub it as the goat. No wonder we got new 1st place every season.
Apr 14, 2023 1:49 AM

Sep 2011

k11chi said:
Of course not. It's just the prologue in a movie length episode. I heard this same song and dance with Ranking of Kings 3 episodes in, how it cannot be topped.
To be fair, nobody could know how much RoK would shit the bed in the second half. It was some Game of Thrones levels of quality drop.
Apr 14, 2023 4:45 AM
Nov 2017
If this is not The Best... OBVIOUSLY 9.3 is a JOKE...
Apr 14, 2023 7:34 AM

Mar 2015
noraqs99 said:
Enel- said:

"art having meaning is a buzzword actually" ???????? what kinda take is this

like its ok to casually watch stuff for entertainmemt but how u gonna just be anti-analysis lmfao like i feel like talking of a works themes is an objectively good thing
Let me rephrase: I often find people will use "themes" as an excuse to call a series that most are enjoying bad. That's how it's used as a buzzword even when by itself it isn't a buzzword. You can't properly judge the themes of a series based on the prologue of the series and can't really claim to understand the writing quality for the series based on that either. Plus, there are many who would have a different idea of the themes and how impactful the series is to them on a literary and personal level, such as myself. 
Apr 14, 2023 7:43 AM

Mar 2018
No definitely not, actually I think it was a pretty weak start overall. Everything from it's writing to the pacing and even the visuals all felt rough to me. Maybe it can get better over time but overall an unimpressive premiere, Too many first episodes in anime I would prefer over this one. 
Apr 14, 2023 8:02 AM
Oct 2016
Cestlavie_ said:
Regardless of how the shows turned out I'll say the best are from
Akame ga Kill
The promised Neverland
AOT
Death Note
To your eternity
Erased
etc

excellent list..👍
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2023 8:05 AM

Aug 2020
Yes it is good. Akasaka is a genius.

Apr 14, 2023 9:06 AM
Mar 2023
This anime has potencial to be memorable. Without spoillers, this episode has everything that should have.
Most of the time, the first episode of anything exists to set the mood (atmosphere), the plot, the characters and the premisses of the storie that is been telling.
I like when the episode has an arc itself. Although it must tell a longer storie, i enjoy more when the episode has a "mini storie" (tale) itself that is like a brick on the wall.
I realy wish that this becames a trend and EVERY FIRST EPISODE brings everything that you need to know about the Storie.
I am 41 and watch a bunch of things. It gets harder every year to find something that moves you, that you can feel. Expecially for my age, Seinen is what gets closer e sometimes i still find most imature, lack of depth for my taste.
The downside of this episode is that it introduces soooo many discussions that could lead to nowhere and become animes that try to tell a lot with a superficial script.
Apr 14, 2023 9:17 AM

Jul 2021
best first episode will always be assassination classroom and to your eternity
Apr 14, 2023 9:20 AM
Apr 2023
If you had balls you'd have made a poll.
Apr 14, 2023 9:31 AM
Jul 2019
Fr i think this anime will be a legend !)
Apr 14, 2023 9:36 AM

Feb 2021
Wow, talk about overhyping... Does everything have to be "the bestest thing ever" in this community? It was the same with Attack on Titan, Chainsaw Man, Spy x Family. Good lord, chill. It's an anime, not Steinbeck, Dostoevski, or Homer. What a ridiculous thread.
Apr 14, 2023 9:45 AM

May 2018
Recent bias is definitely a thing, anime fans in general have the memory of a goldfish. Either way, people are impressed mostly because the first episode reached a climax really soon, and it has some sort of shock value to it and it's quite the strong and passionate story, not to mention it's 90 minutes so hey it's basically a movie. 

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 14, 2023 9:49 AM

Jan 2018
Attack on titan begs to differ. There's also death note, terror in resonance, ajin, vinland saga and more. 
Apr 14, 2023 10:14 AM
Jun 2022
Yes it is the best first Episode of any anime I ever saw. My anime watch count is 500+, Episode count is 13k-15k+.
I loved the first Episode.
Those who are saying that it is unfair as this got 1 hour first Episode, then Episode length at the end is one of the features of an Episode just like soundtrack, animation, etc.
1 hour Episode means the studio who made this loved it and did best adaptation possible, which makes the 1 hour Episode a plus point not negative.
Do you say this anime have better animation because it have more budget so it is no big deal? No, right. Similarly having long length Episode is a good thing which shows the passion of studio making at.
Apr 14, 2023 10:14 AM

Mar 2013
Apolygon2 said:

if not for that, stuff like steins;gate, the promised neverland, attack on titan or mars red would easily beat it.

Mars Red, you my friend have great taste. That episode 1 was orgasmic, unfortunate the rest of the anime wasn't on par but it was still enjoyable
Apr 14, 2023 10:17 AM

Oct 2019
Dignity said:
Apolygon2 said:

Mars Red, you my friend have great taste. That episode 1 was orgasmic, unfortunate the rest of the anime wasn't on par but it was still enjoyable
yeah... although I did like the backstory episode and the finale about just as much.

I think I've watched that first episode at least 4 times, and It makes me tear up every time.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 14, 2023 12:02 PM

Nov 2015
No , it was pretty great tho , but the fans here seem annoying , saying stuff like people are brain dead if they disagree and such
Apr 14, 2023 1:49 PM

Feb 2016
The first episode is great but its not even the best 1st episode ever. Due to the first ep having shock value most people will claim that its the best 1st episode of all time. This felt more like a movie, but because there is a huge amount of recency bias and the score is over inflated right now, don't forget that Steins Gate, Cowboy Bebop and Monster have hands down one of the greatest 1st episodes. 
ArtifiyingsApr 14, 2023 2:05 PM
Apr 14, 2023 3:25 PM
Oct 2015
noraqs99 said:
Neostorm-X said:
I seeee

i havent read the manga but its the baseline writing i have an issue with. wrote this for letterboxd and the duscussion forum;

"A modernized spin on the themes of Perfect Blue, but watered down and given far less care and subtlety, wrapped in an Isekai story device and the shitty comedy (the person who wrote Kaguya-sama wrote this? unbelievable fall off) that often comes along with it - making it feel less prescient and ahead of its time and more regressive, clunky, and obvious. That being said, there is some scenes here that are incredibly well written for emotional affect and it provides the baseline for a gripping story. I am, however, left curious how it'll succeed considering the most interesting and thematically strong character seems to be out of the picture in the first episode.

The character designs and animation are gorgeous, that much is obvious. That aspect most obviously comes out in the flashy performance scenes, but there are quiet moments delivered with such strength too. The potential such things show leaves me evermore frustrated at its failures on a writing level. Having the technical skill to be Satoshi Kon does not make you Satoshi Kon - one must also have the intelligence to carefully weave complex, layered themes into your work, and the audacity to play with the conceptual limits of the medium as delivery method for an improved and visceral understanding of those themes as seen in Perfect Blue or Paprika."

if that gives you a better understanding of my issues. it fails to dive into its themes, only unsubtly gesturing at "idol culture bad" instead of exploring why, how it perpetuates, and how we can get rid of it, through the potential of the audiovisual medium. it's stupid and sloppy, failing to live up to the comparisons it so clearly wants with Perfect Blue.
curious have you read any of Ryōgo Narita's works?
he's kinda the opposite to many of these authors, where her focuses on the characters like a chess game that would line up together neatly for a checkmate, rather than having good technical design. he makes a delivery with what he's got. 
for example I wouldn't call stuff from durarara or baccano well animated, or even the inspired yozayura quartet, but the way that the scenes are framed and the characters are introduced in a domino effect. where all the pieces unravel feels like story telling overcoming the lack of budget.

thats why I really like Narita's works. because he is able to make something interesting with even a low budget or short time frame, rather than having a massive premier than spans multiple episodes because the author can't find a way to condense it or catch some ones attention for long periods of times without flashy animations.
Apr 14, 2023 4:25 PM
May 2021
Wow, just wow. If had to describe this series in a singular sentence... Most overrated anime of all time. Literally this anime was so fking boring. People who say "Greatest anime of the year"  or "This was sad", are the brain cancer child. The only reason I felt any emotion, it was because the the plot was so predictable.  How can ANYONE EVER like the main cast. Maybe because they resemble them. Half of the audience is a pedophile/lolicon and the other half have brain cancer. Anyways I wish anyone who likes this should get reincarnated as a jew in holocaust.

Ty for reading! <3
Apr 14, 2023 4:33 PM
May 2021
noraqs99 said:
Finally some one with any kind of common sense.
Apr 14, 2023 4:47 PM
Apr 2020
Thorf said:
Attack on titan begs to differ. There's also death note, terror in resonance, ajin, vinland saga and more. 
the first episode of vinland saga wasnt that strong. as far as i remember it got really good after episode 4 when thorfinn started his journey
Apr 14, 2023 4:47 PM

Apr 2020
It's not even the best first episode of this season imo (I preferred the first episode of heavenly delusion). Nevertheless, the first episode was really good and I'm looking forward to the next episode. 
Apr 14, 2023 4:55 PM

Nov 2013
Depends. This was a "movie-like" episode. Truly well done. Would I call it #1 best of the best? No. There are shows that have amazing first episode with regular runtime. 

"Best" is however defined differently by each person, so there can't be no definitive answer.
Apr 14, 2023 5:10 PM
Feb 2023
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
Is this the best first episode thats ever made been in fiction? 
If not give examples

edit
Also, dont say its unfair because of the length
because you cant do anything about it

This is a good first episode only due to its length however I feel after episode 2 a lot of people will have mixed feelings of the show but overall it was a good choice to get it done in an hour long episode, cutting volume 1 or putting it into separate episodes wouldn’t have the same impact
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

683 by Pfoica »»
Jun 7, 8:50 PM

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular? ( 1 2 )

Mattenan - May 31

58 by Owlblocks »»
Jun 6, 12:03 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jun 21, 2023

293 by WomanRespector »»
Jun 4, 6:04 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2023

397 by WomanRespector »»
Jun 4, 5:15 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2023

468 by WomanRespector »»
Jun 4, 5:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.