Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 12, 2022 3:29 PM
Oct 2020
They are making a lot of pointless complaints.

badmouthing the SOL/comedy parts, as this is the basis of SxF. some calling it fillers but all this is in the manga with some exceptions. action comes with time but most come from comedy moments.

this is still the first season, so they split it into 2 parts, in the manga there are many adventures yet to come, why don't you just go read the manga?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 12, 2022 3:42 PM
Feb 2020
Cour 2 has an 8.67, stop looking at complainers opinions. They represent a small portion of viewers. No one thinks this series is bad, let alone mid. Its one of the best ranked series ever on MAL.
Nov 12, 2022 3:46 PM

Mar 2021
If the anime is not good enough, then there would be no motive te get into the manga.

The thing is, it's not that this show is sol or comedy or action or whatever. The problem is that it's getting old. Every new episode, I feel less and less excited to see the next one. And even if it is a comedy, it still also is an action show. We're not saying "stop the comedy aspect", we're just asking for at least just a bit of action.
Nov 12, 2022 3:51 PM

Mar 2018
Potatoboy11 said:
If the anime is not good enough, then there would be no motive te get into the manga.

The thing is, it's not that this show is sol or comedy or action or whatever. The problem is that it's getting old. Every new episode, I feel less and less excited to see the next one. And even if it is a comedy, it still also is an action show. We're not saying "stop the comedy aspect", we're just asking for at least just a bit of action.

that's fair...
i still enjoy it though.
Nov 12, 2022 4:15 PM
Feb 2019
I love the show but I think it certainly has a pacing issue. The first half felt like it had a forward momentum with its plot with the occasional comedy SOL moments here and there. So far we had one story progression moment with Bond and now we’re at a standstill. The SOL elements do give some nice levity and some character development, but it certainly gets tiresome. This is also an issue in the manga but even worse. I still enjoy reading and watching, but the pacing definitely ruins its overall quality.
Nov 12, 2022 4:59 PM

Nov 2019
But the world is on fire and they're still busy playing house?
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 12, 2022 6:00 PM
Mar 2021
GeanWolf2000 said:

badmouthing the SOL/comedy parts, as this is the basis of SxF. some calling it fillers but all this is in the manga with some exceptions. action comes with time but most come from comedy moments.

this is still the first season, so they split it into 2 parts, in the manga there are many adventures yet to come, why don't you just go read the manga?

Yes, manga is way more better option to read if anyone have so much time to bad mouthing the anime. I don't see any problem with S×F. Why can't people just enjoy the show how it is!?
Nov 12, 2022 6:03 PM
Mar 2021
SgtBateMan said:

So go watch Military/Action animes. Why wasting time on this and again wasting time on saying crap here.
Nov 12, 2022 6:07 PM
Mar 2021
giffica said:
Cour 2 has an 8.67, stop looking at complainers opinions. They represent a small portion of viewers. No one thinks this series is bad, let alone mid. Its one of the best ranked series ever on MAL.

Exactly bro🤣👍 . .. . .
Nov 12, 2022 6:10 PM

Dec 2016
RE-_- said:
GeanWolf2000 said:

Yes, manga is way more better option to read if anyone have so much time to bad mouthing the anime. I don't see any problem with S×F. Why can't people just enjoy the show how it is!?

Why can't fans enjoy their anime and stop being such a wet blanket when other people don't enjoy the same things they like? It's just a cartoon and other people are entitled to an opinion even if it doesn't align with yours. You're not the owner of such an intelectual propierty, so why are you acting as if other people had offended your own family, when it's just a fictional work?
Nov 12, 2022 6:14 PM
Mar 2021
Kimurah said:
RE-_- said:

Why can't fans enjoy their anime and stop being such a wet blanket when other people don't enjoy the same things they like? It's just a cartoon and other people are entitled to an opinion even if it doesn't align with yours. You're not the owner of such an intelectual propierty, so why are you acting as if other people had offended your own family, when it's just a fictional work?

If it's just a CARTOON.... and FICTIONAL .... why you are wasting your time on these and replying me. Go enjoy the reality. Who is even asking for your opinion????. .
Nov 12, 2022 6:22 PM

Dec 2016
RE-_- said:
Kimurah said:

If it's just a CARTOON.... and FICTIONAL .... why you are wasting your time on these and replying me. Go enjoy the reality. Who is even asking for your opinion????. .

I can spend my time however the heck I want as long as it is within the rules of the site. I don't need your poor and unwarranted advice either.
Nov 12, 2022 6:29 PM
Mar 2021
Kimurah said:
RE-_- said:

I can spend my time however the heck I want as long as it is within the rules of the site. I don't need your poor and unwarranted advice either.

So just fuck stop replying damn it! You wasting my precious time. You have all the time of the world to just waste on poor advise given person?
Nov 12, 2022 6:33 PM

Dec 2016
RE-_- said:
Kimurah said:

So just fuck stop replying damn it! You wasting my precious time. You have all the time of the world to just waste on poor advise given person?

Your time ain't precious at all if you're spending time online, and specially if you need to berrate others for not liking the same stuff you do.
Nov 12, 2022 6:35 PM

Apr 2020
Good laughs. Cute, wholesome Moments.

If you expect too much more, you'll be disappointed, I think
Nov 12, 2022 6:35 PM

Jan 2021
Because exactly those comedy parts are bad because the comedy is bad. There is barely any joke that makes me laugh, and not even once out loud.
Nov 12, 2022 6:37 PM
Mar 2021
Kimurah said:
RE-_- said:

Your time ain't precious at all if you're spending time online, and specially if you need to berrate others for not liking the same stuff you do.

Just Fuck sut up already! WTF !
Nov 12, 2022 6:42 PM
Jan 2021
I like it, it’s funny and cute
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Nov 12, 2022 6:56 PM

Sep 2021
I think most of us are perfectly aware of what this show is.

It's just that a lot of the jokes and silly moments that worked so well in the first cour are just getting old now. A lot of the things that made me laugh the first, second, and even third time around, are just making me feel like 'here we go again', instead. Like someone else said, I feel less excited to see the next new episode now.

It's totally fine if you want to remind people that Spy x Family is a comedy, but the simple fact is that (comedy or not-) the jokes and running gags are getting old for a lot of us. Personally, I'd be perfectly fine with all of the comedic moments we've gotten so far this cour if they were actually funny. But they're just not.

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Nov 12, 2022 7:46 PM
May 2020
I liked the sol and comedy in the first cour, but idk this cour is really boring (in the manga it was better tbh)
Nov 12, 2022 8:16 PM

Jul 2017
smoltulip said:
I think most of us are perfectly aware of what this show is.

It's just that a lot of the jokes and silly moments that worked so well in the first cour are just getting old now. A lot of the things that made me laugh the first, second, and even third time around, are just making me feel like 'here we go again', instead. Like someone else said, I feel less excited to see the next new episode now.

It's totally fine if you want to remind people that Spy x Family is a comedy, but the simple fact is that (comedy or not-) the jokes and running gags are getting old for a lot of us. Personally, I'd be perfectly fine with all of the comedic moments we've gotten so far this cour if they were actually funny. But they're just not.

Pretty much with this. Still think it's a solid show but it's definitely going through a dry spell of mediocrity for its standards. What I loved about the first cour was how consistent the series was with me having a good time, as episodes just breeze by. There was a fresh charm present here at the time. With these 2-parters after the first 3 episodes in this cour, the humor and charm have kind of dried up for this portion and episodes feel slower and slightly more tedious to get through due to how stagnant and safe this series can feel at times. I don't care if this series makes me laugh out loud or not since not even the first cour or most comedy anime do that for me, but the past month of SxF have definitely felt more of like completing the checklist to watch than genuinely being excited for new releases.

Next episode does have a more promising preview though, hope it can regain its momentum back soon.
Nov 12, 2022 9:17 PM

Nov 2019
RE-_- said:
SgtBateMan said:

So go watch Military/Action animes. Why wasting time on this and again wasting time on saying crap here.

There are two parts of one single thing, right?

And why forcing people not to enjoy something they criticise? Criticisms aren't equivalent to not being entertained.
SgtBateManNov 12, 2022 9:27 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 12, 2022 9:55 PM
Sep 2021
giffica said:

Since when is mid worse than bad, lol?
Nov 12, 2022 9:59 PM
Nov 2022
just watched the new episode and really enjoyed it.

regarding the show, it's opposite for me. i didn't like part 1 that much but part 2 is really really good. i am always excited for the next episode.
Nov 12, 2022 10:05 PM
Feb 2020
Mr_Mavik said:
giffica said:

Since when is mid worse than bad, lol?

That's how it's used in america. Nothing worse than mid.
Nov 12, 2022 10:15 PM
May 2021
Admit it man this show is the most overrated anime on MAL... comedy is pretty avg plot too...and btw momo(sangatsu)>anya
TARIQ344Nov 12, 2022 10:20 PM
Nov 12, 2022 10:42 PM
Sep 2021
i think this is the most overrated anime of this year, it's funny some moments but it's only 1 or 2 times i laugh per episode, meanwhile other comedy anime made me laugh much better than this, and moreover, it's way too highly rated on MAL, ig everyone liked it way better than i did, but overall,i think i can name a million different animes which are underrated and better shows than SxF, it does have a Lil bit action but not much, the humour is way too obvious and predictable, i personally love WIT and Cloverworks and i think they made many other better anime than SxF.......and one thing i don't like is that they don't concentrate on the actual plot and do some shit in anyas school, usually comedy anime do this but SxF says in the middle of being comedy and action, considering that it's comedy is not very laughable, And this season has way better anime such as MOB PSYCHO III, CSM, MHA, Bocchi etc,....at the max id give SxF a 7.8/10, u shld go and check out better anime ngl...
Yukkine01Nov 12, 2022 10:47 PM
Nov 12, 2022 10:44 PM
Sep 2021
Ionliosite2 said:
Because exactly those comedy parts are bad because the comedy is bad. There is barely any joke that makes me laugh, and not even once out loud.

yes i think so too, and personally i enjoy comedy anime a lot, Kaguya sama, golden boy, grand blue all had me laughing so hard....
Nov 12, 2022 11:02 PM

Mar 2021
Goddamn it's a snowstorm in here
V1P3R0PNov 12, 2022 11:07 PM
Nov 12, 2022 11:07 PM
Feb 2021
V1P3R0P said:

Just don't die on us O⁠_⁠o
Nov 12, 2022 11:08 PM

Mar 2021
RakuWaku said:
V1P3R0P said:

Just don't die on us O⁠_⁠o

Will try my best not to
Nov 12, 2022 11:41 PM
Mar 2022
yea i forgot it's a comedy from last few episodes 😂 because it's kinda emotional too like yuri trying to cook for her family anya wants to study and cools serious in last episode
Nov 13, 2022 3:41 AM
Oct 2020
Ionliosite2 said:
totally wrong! SxF is Great. No care about you say.
Nov 13, 2022 3:43 AM
Oct 2020
asafsuf said:
I liked the sol and comedy in the first cour, but idk this cour is really boring (in the manga it was better tbh)
manga is the same not change anything lol
Nov 13, 2022 3:45 AM

Sep 2020
The SOL/Comedy parts are actually sometimes good and funny, the action sucks. No, I will not be reading the manga.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 13, 2022 3:46 AM
Oct 2020
Yukkine-1401 said:
i think this is the most overrated anime of this year, it's funny some moments but it's only 1 or 2 times i laugh per episode, meanwhile other comedy anime made me laugh much better than this, and moreover, it's way too highly rated on MAL, ig everyone liked it way better than i did, but overall,i think i can name a million different animes which are underrated and better shows than SxF, it does have a Lil bit action but not much, the humour is way too obvious and predictable, i personally love WIT and Cloverworks and i think they made many other better anime than SxF.......and one thing i don't like is that they don't concentrate on the actual plot and do some shit in anyas school, usually comedy anime do this but SxF says in the middle of being comedy and action, considering that it's comedy is not very laughable, And this season has way better anime such as MOB PSYCHO III, CSM, MHA, Bocchi etc,....at the max id give SxF a 7.8/10, u shld go and check out better anime ngl...
overrated? Wrong. Anya in school is the main mission of Loid lol, so the school is part of main plot.
Nov 13, 2022 6:04 AM
Oct 2020
cj_arian said:
such a good episode! I feel like this season is just getting better and better. It for sure started off slow, but it's at peak spyxfamily S1 again
still is season 1. Part 2 or cour 2
Nov 13, 2022 7:53 AM
May 2020
GeanWolf2000 said:
asafsuf said:
manga is the same not change anything lol

I know but in the manga the pacing was way better
Nov 13, 2022 10:29 AM
May 2021
Yukkine-1401 said:

i have no issue with your statement you can feel however you want, but it just cracks me up how people think they have an authority over good anime. just because you think so doesnt mean something is better than something else, just because you dont like something doesnt mean its bad, youre not the king of anime, thats the wonderful thing about mal, no matter how much better you think your taste is your score still counts the same as mine and everyone elses, and the best part is you exposed yourself as someone who doesn't understand basic storytelling. anya at school is an important part of the story, in fact it is the most important part of the entire story without debate, watching loid do side mission for the sake of forced action is far less important to the story than anya fitting in at school, if she doesnt do well at school then the entire mission fails, if the entire plot hangs on something they are obviously going to show it. you talk as if youre some sort of anime genius but cant even understand something so simple
Nov 13, 2022 3:55 PM
May 2022
Kimurah said:
RE-_- said:

Exactly, They're not real no matter how they try to defend them!😤
Nov 13, 2022 4:02 PM
May 2022
Spy x Family's comedic style is too inoffensive like a family-friendly channel YouTube would bank on for money. (I wouldn't be surprised if YouTube disabled comments on those videos once deemed to appeal towards kids.)

Repetitiveness isn't much bad on some cases, but for a slow "slice of life", it gets so irritating.

We all play safe at first, but now we venture forth on the most dangerous and offensive yet more hilarious mediums man has yet experienced. So sorry, this isn't my crumpet and a cup of tea.🙄
StarryFruittyNov 13, 2022 4:10 PM
Nov 13, 2022 6:35 PM
Sep 2021
DonniedaCultured said:
Yukkine-1401 said:

i have no issue with your statement you can feel however you want, but it just cracks me up how people think they have an authority over good anime. just because you think so doesnt mean something is better than something else, just because you dont like something doesnt mean its bad, youre not the king of anime, thats the wonderful thing about mal, no matter how much better you think your taste is your score still counts the same as mine and everyone elses, and the best part is you exposed yourself as someone who doesn't understand basic storytelling. anya at school is an important part of the story, in fact it is the most important part of the entire story without debate, watching loid do side mission for the sake of forced action is far less important to the story than anya fitting in at school, if she doesnt do well at school then the entire mission fails, if the entire plot hangs on something they are obviously going to show it. you talk as if youre some sort of anime genius but cant even understand something so simple

i don't really think I'm the king or whatever, ik PPL like it and I've come to accept that, i was sharing my opinion on SxF sincethe discussion was goin on....it is an overall nice show but i personally think, is it really worth the hype?.....as iv said before, this is just my opinion, im sorry if I offended all of u...
Nov 15, 2022 3:53 PM
Oct 2019
GeanWolf2000 said:

it's funny how it's supposed to be a comedy while the show isn't funny, which in itself is funnier than the show
Nov 18, 2022 1:32 AM
Oct 2021
when does the comedy get good then lol
Candy:
Nov 18, 2022 3:39 AM
Jun 2021
GeanWolf2000 said:

So just for the sake of it being a "comedy" anime , we should stop complaining about the slow plot progression, more over the plot being absolutely trash with lots and lots of ass pulls? Every character being one dimensional? No progression in the relationship of loid and yor? How many times will the author remind us that yor is a bad cook? Getting side stories of characters we don't fucking care about(that friend of loid)? I liked the first part because the character interactions were new and fresh. The author just keeps repeating that shit without progressing the story.
Nov 18, 2022 10:48 AM

May 2009
onionboys said:
when does the comedy get good then lol

Episode 1

Nov 18, 2022 10:56 AM

Aug 2018
Anya is top tier comedy

Nov 18, 2022 11:50 AM
Dec 2021
Determinants.
Determinants is a function which can be used to determine singular or non singular Matrices.
Their definition includes the following conditions:
Under row swaps, it becomes negative
Linearly combine rows have no effect on it
Scalar a row, scalar the determinant
Determinant of Identity Matrix is 1.

These define the Determinant function.
Nov 19, 2022 12:30 AM
Apr 2020
RE-_- said:
Kimurah said:

Just Fuck sut up already! WTF !

dude relax. it seems like you have some serious issues
Nov 19, 2022 12:52 AM

Oct 2018
Well the comedy makes your brain even more dumb if you try to take this show seriously. Eh... it really is hard to take this show so seriously.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2022

251 by Mat2468xk »»
May 15, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

361 by enessenpai0 »»
May 13, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2022

221 by FoodFan364 »»
May 9, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2022

254 by boumboumboum »»
May 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Dec 17, 2022

256 by enessenpai0 »»
May 7, 7:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.