3It was OK
12.0%
2Disliked it
10.5%
1Hated it
5.3%
Average 4.1
133 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 5, 2014 1:28 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
well that was fast i hope Rukia shows some Bankai when that fear mongering enemy is still alive on next chapter
Feb 5, 2014 1:47 AM

Nov 2007
"Dead" Rukia, literally.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 5, 2014 1:56 AM

Jan 2014
rukia still doesn't have bankai? half of me was disappointed
Feb 5, 2014 2:00 AM

Jan 2013
I was like "WTF" during all the chapter .

But damn I love rukia so this chapter was good seeing her .
Feb 5, 2014 2:04 AM

Nov 2011
Rukia actually kind of creeped me out, probably because of the dead thing and all.

I actually really liked how they went into detail with the temperature, instead of just saying like "YOU'RE FROZEN" it was straight up, "At this degree... I'm dead, now I can cut you, but you won't bleed, now you're dead, etc."
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 5, 2014 2:06 AM

May 2012
That was so so dumb, it made no sense whatsoever.
Feb 5, 2014 2:19 AM

Sep 2012
Ah Bleach. The manga where Shinigami don't remember they're already dead, and where you can move in a state of absolute zero.
Feb 5, 2014 2:27 AM

Dec 2013
IndieDreamer said:

Care to elaborate? Exactly what didn't make sense? Not to attack you you or anything by the way.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Feb 5, 2014 2:45 AM

Aug 2011
Well whatever... Let's put logic aside, this is manga after all.
But on the other hand in this chapter Rukia looked kinda cool (see what I did there :D)
And in the end where Nödt was frozen and was asking "This is fear?" was done nicely.
TAK3Z0Feb 5, 2014 2:48 AM
Feb 5, 2014 2:49 AM

Nov 2011
Blacklightcore said:
Arlia said:
Ah Bleach. The manga where Shinigami don't remember they're already dead, and where you can move in a state of absolute zero.

My thoughts exactly. For the whole chapter I was wondering (and still am) whether I had misunderstood the fact that Shinigami were already dead...

Dead in the real world, but alive in their world, can't forget that they can die too!

Blacklightcore said:
Ryuma00 said:

But on the other hand in this chapter Rukia looked kinda cool (see what I did there :D)

I think she acted rather coldly.

Chill out man, it's part of her character.
hue
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 5, 2014 2:59 AM

Feb 2010
Yato-kun said:
rukia still doesn't have bankai? half of me was disappointed

Who need bankai when you have power of Yamamoto's bankai? The only thing that differs that she use ice instead of fire.
Well... now I'm interested what her bankai can do.... "fear".

@chapter
Where is *10* options in voting, this need 10/5 :D
I really like this chapter. Starting from page with Rukia as "Snow white", here "death body" and freezing power.

Few things that interest me. What is "Reishi"? Is this "the smallest thing in the Bleachverse"?

How she can kill her body? If you kill yourself... and you are soul (shinigami) isn't it mean you "don't exist anymore"?

What she did is similar to what Uryu has done when he was fighting with Mayuri ( http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Ransōtengai ).
Uryu merely was controlling his body while his brain was still functioning (not death). Rukia, on other hands, froze whole body (?) and controlled it with speed high enough to kill (or at least heavily damage) Sternritter.

One thing I can thing of is "21 grams" that contain "soul" of creature. In this Bleachverse, I think it can be the "smallest" thing that contain all *informations* about creature. This way Rukia can stay "alive", controlling her body from some other place.

ps. why only 4 seconds?
WannabitemeFeb 5, 2014 3:04 AM
Feb 5, 2014 3:00 AM

Jan 2011
One of the better chapters in a while. Oh how I love Rukia and the fact that she is basically 'dead' is pretty cool.
Feb 5, 2014 3:07 AM

Apr 2013
pure awesomeness

i <3 you rukia

obviously this fight can be over though if it is im gonna be pissed.

cause like mask guy got how many chapters and as nodt is so much cooler but not as cool as rukia ;)

im guessing next chapter as nodt will try to use byakuya's bankai against her. then rukia will bust out with a bankai.

then as nodt will get his ass kicked some more then discard byakuya's bankai and use his vollstandig.

if thats what happens then ill b really happy cause ill get to see rukia fight for at least 3 more chapters
Feb 5, 2014 3:11 AM

May 2012
Kuro_Yuuki said:
IndieDreamer said:

Care to elaborate? Exactly what didn't make sense? Not to attack you you or anything by the way.

According to kubo all fear stem from the fear of death.
Rukia does not fear death because her body temparature is lowered? could you explain the connection?

also absolute zero means nothing is moving, rukia is moving so its not absolute zero.
Feb 5, 2014 3:21 AM
Dec 2012
IndieDreamer said:
Kuro_Yuuki said:
IndieDreamer said:

Rukia does not fear death because her body temparature is lowered? could you explain the connection?

also absolute zero means nothing is moving, rukia is moving so its not absolute zero.

Adrenaline relies on blood flow?

It was OK chapter but don't you think it's about time the quincies made their counterattack? When will we see fights against people that weren't training with the Zero Squad... And it's Rukias shikai that can go absolute zero, not bankai. Why make a shikai so powerful?
Feb 5, 2014 3:34 AM

Apr 2013
IndieDreamer said:
Kuro_Yuuki said:
IndieDreamer said:

this is a shonen manga it doesn't need to make sense

also freezing a body actually slows/stops the death process but at a certain temperature they are basically considered dead because we dont have the technology to reverse cryogenic freezing.

so she isnt so much dead as her body is so cold that her body no longer works.

im guessing she is controlling her body with reishi like what uryu did when mayuri paralyzed him.
Feb 5, 2014 3:35 AM

Jun 2009
yeah okay, whatever....

At least the fight was over fast. That is assuming he actually is dead. But this is Bleach so this is not certain yet.
Feb 5, 2014 3:44 AM

Jul 2008
Seriously if you want to cry because this manga defy our world's physic you should have done so at the very first chapter.

Some people amaze me, they read a manga where supernatural powers and gods of death exist yet they want explanation that would actually make it possible in our world.

Arlia said:
Ah Bleach. The manga where Shinigami don't remember they're already dead

Ah Bleach. The manga where it's reader forget that Shinigami aren't in their dead human bodies and can get killed.

Actually dying as a human is no big deal in Bleach since if you think about it you will either live in rukkongai until you get resuscitated or have enough reiatsu to enter the Shinigami academy. Dying as a Shinigami means the real end of your life though. You do not lose your physical body but your actual soul when you die as a Shinigami and you will not be resuscitated.

If anything to die as a Shinigami is actually more frightening than dying as a human.
Feb 5, 2014 3:55 AM

Jul 2012
grandy_UiD said:
yeah okay, whatever....

At least the fight was over fast. That is assuming he actually is dead. But this is Bleach so this is not certain yet.

Doubt he's dead, he hasn't released his true power yet, remember how long it took for that annoying james to finally get killed by renji
Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flame thrower.
Feb 5, 2014 3:56 AM

Apr 2013
Shangetsu said:
Seriously if you want to cry because this manga defy our world's physic you should have done so at the very first chapter.

Some people amaze me, they read a manga where supernatural powers and gods of death exist yet they want explanation that would actually make it possible in our world.

Arlia said:
Ah Bleach. The manga where Shinigami don't remember they're already dead

Ah Bleach. The manga where it's reader forget that Shinigami aren't in their dead human bodies and can get killed.

Actually dying as a human is no big deal in Bleach since if you think about it you will either live in rukkongai until you get resuscitated or have enough reiatsu to enter the Shinigami academy. Dying as a Shinigami means the real end of your life though. You do not lose your physical body but your actual soul when you die as a Shinigami and you will not be resuscitated.

If anything to die as a Shinigami is actually more frightening than dying as a human.

this^

for example how the hell do souls bleed. if a soul were to die it wouldn't bleed to death if anything it would simply fade away.

stop trying to rationalize everything and just enjoy the damn manga
Feb 5, 2014 4:18 AM

Feb 2010
astrozombie84 said:

this is a shonen manga it doesn't need to make sense

It should make sense.
Well, it's fantasy so it doesn't have to be similar to our word. To put it simply - it doesn't have to be 100% copy of our word. There could be "faster" speed of light, breast can omit bullets (Highschool of a dead) etc.
In Bleachverse things make sense. Of course, there can be some things that doesn't make sense, but it's because it's mistake of author not because it's shonen.
ps. as fair I remember, shonen doesn't have to be fantasy, so above post apply.

IndieDreamer said:
Kuro_Yuuki said:
IndieDreamer said:

You have a box. In the box you have a puppet. You move the box but the puppet stay "untouched". That's how Rukia moves her body, more or less.

Maybe it's little exaggerated but lots of people fear dieing, or what is after death.
Take into account that anyone ( or 99%) of creatures doesn't know what is after they die.
So saying that "all creatures fear death" is not "big deal"

Rukia does not fear death because she is "death". Her shinigami body is "death". She control it via Reiatsu.

Feb 5, 2014 4:20 AM

Jun 2011
Explanation was too long, the whole shit talk about fear is unneeded, how come that dude started talking, and never stop? Was he this talkative before? Honestly that was rather trying-too-hard to be cool.

"In fact, currently I am dead"
"I learned to momentarily kill my body"
-attack-
"-18 degrees"
"-50 degrees"
"-273.15 degrees"
"Absolute zero"
"I am going to be fast, at this temperature, I can only move for 4 seconds"

By the way, am I the only one, or is Rukia now better and stronger than Toshiya? -.-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 5, 2014 4:24 AM
Apr 2011
...if you comprehend what fear is, if will experience it. Simply put, the enemy was wrong all along.

But I don't really think this is the end of this fight cuz no bankai has been released.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Feb 5, 2014 4:25 AM

Feb 2013
Rukia is awesome!!! XD
Also, I've been wondering for a while now, what language/place does the quincies get their names from?
Feb 5, 2014 4:25 AM

Nov 2013
Arlia said:

LOL

until the very last page i thought rukia's opponent was female... O_o
mitch3315 said:
Sasuke and Naruto kissed, show is obviously hardcore yaoi.
Feb 5, 2014 4:51 AM

Apr 2013
Boredpplzzz said:
Rukia is awesome!!! XD
Also, I've been wondering for a while now, what language/place does the quincies get their names from?

german

teh_C said:
Arlia said:

LOL

until the very last page i thought rukia's opponent was female... O_o

alot of people thought that until kubo did that interview in Germany.
Feb 5, 2014 5:01 AM

Apr 2010
I really wish to see her Bankai >.<

Umm, just wandering why is she fast at Absolute Zero?
Feb 5, 2014 5:25 AM

May 2009
That was a boring ass fight, 16 pages of guys talking ending with a single slash, and after that we'll get a flashback where Kubo will explain to us that As Nodt wasn't as bad as we think it is, and that he has emotions and he acts this way because of his dark past or some bullshit like that.

Also, LOL at Kubo trying to make scientific explanations in a manga full of asspulls.
Arashi89Feb 5, 2014 5:30 AM
Feb 5, 2014 5:41 AM

Aug 2013
Well it makes sense now how she was able to avoid the 'fear' since she wasn't 'alive'
Feb 5, 2014 5:46 AM

May 2012
SorrowEnd said:

What Rukia meant was that she has to be fast because her body can't take absolute zero temperature for longer than 4 seconds with her current reishi manipulation kido whatever thing.
Feb 5, 2014 5:51 AM

Dec 2008
So, Rukia's a frozen dead woman now? >__>

That was way too easy. That battle can't be over yet. Kubo usually stretches a battle for at least 3 to 5 chapters. Why was this one so short?

Where the hell is my boyfriend, Zaraki Kenpachi?! I'm getting tired of waiting, Kubo! Give him back to me now!!
Feb 5, 2014 5:52 AM

Apr 2010
k11chi said:
SorrowEnd said:

What Rukia meant was that she has to be fast because her body can't take absolute zero temperature for longer than 4 seconds with her current reishi manipulation kido whatever thing.

Welp I guess I can take annual misread award XD
Feb 5, 2014 5:55 AM

Aug 2013
Hannah_Ana said:
So, Rukia's a frozen dead woman now? >__>

That was way too easy. That battle can't be over yet. Kubo usually stretches a battle for at least 3 to 5 chapters. Why was this one so short?

It is unlike Kubo to have the battle over so quickly (assuming he is actually dead) but if it is over it would make sense to exemplify the power of Rukia's new ability.
Feb 5, 2014 5:55 AM

Jun 2013
It's a good ability for a zanpakuto imo but it's kinda repetitive the thing with being dead.
Good chapter.
Feb 5, 2014 5:59 AM
Jan 2012
Those who say there's no point in searching for sense in shounen manga are right, but what the hell, when you pretend that something has scientific explanation (like Kubo did in this chapter) and then PROCEED to explain it, it has to make sense or else it's just BAD WRITING.

But we're used to that, Kubo, aren't we? The way you tell your story sucks so badly now that I read bleach simply to have a good laugh once in a week. You had such a promising story full of potential and you turned it into this, shame on you.
Feb 5, 2014 6:01 AM

Aug 2013
keiwa11 said:
It's a good ability for a zanpakuto imo but it's kinda repetitive the thing with being dead.
Good chapter.

Yes, but it would also be repetitive if it turns out that he isn't dead even though he should be XD
Feb 5, 2014 6:07 AM

Jun 2013
StarkSan said:
keiwa11 said:
Good chapter.

Yes, but it would also be repetitive if it turns out that he isn't dead even though he should be XD

this might actually happen next
Feb 5, 2014 6:13 AM

Oct 2013
"who needs plot when you have new moves to explain (in each chapter, for each character)" - Tite Kubo
"Burn the heretics"
Feb 5, 2014 6:13 AM

Jun 2011
k11chi said:
SorrowEnd said:

I think what he mean was how could she still move fast when all her cells and whatever slowed down in the low temperature. I mean, the reason why we keep raw foods in the refrigerator was to slow down the metabolism.

keiwa11 said:
StarkSan said:
keiwa11 said:
Good chapter.

this might actually happen next

To be honest I am tired of that. ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 5, 2014 6:15 AM

Nov 2012
Finally Rukia got her moment to shine, but I hope it's not cut short with Nodt surviving and defeating her. If that is the case then I hope she'll reveal her bankai and defeat him.
Feb 5, 2014 6:18 AM
Sep 2012
Dam that was fast. Well first Renji now Rukia, she got a win the first time in a long a while. At least I hope so, can't a female protagonist win a fight in Bleach for the first in forever. Or is sexsist Kubo going to troll her, and have As Nobt going to get up and Rukia is going to have to be saved by a man again?

Please Kubo, let this be the end of the fight.
Feb 5, 2014 6:23 AM

Aug 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
k11chi said:
SorrowEnd said:

I think what he mean was how could she still move fast when all her cells and whatever slowed down in the low temperature. I mean, the reason why we keep raw foods in the refrigerator was to slow down the metabolism.

Its best not to think of science and Bleach at the same time, especially in this chapter.
Feb 5, 2014 7:06 AM

Feb 2014
Feb 5, 2014 7:21 AM
Feb 2012
what does she mean she is living now in a state of dead . she was already dead?

the powers were cool but we all know whats going to happen next chapter

he ends up surivivng with some bs just like the broken eardrum guy fighting renji
Feb 5, 2014 7:22 AM

May 2013
That was interesting. I was hoping to see her Bankai, that is, if she's learned it.
Feb 5, 2014 7:22 AM

Apr 2011
Guess what Ichigo's next ability is going to be? Well, as long as Kubo doesn't asspull this guy back to life with some bullshit, I'm fine. Also, it seems like Sode no Shirayuki is stronger than Hyourinmaru if what we saw in this chapter is her true power in shikai form.
Feb 5, 2014 7:27 AM
Feb 2012
yhunata said:
Also, it seems like Sode no Shirayuki is stronger than Hyourinmaru if what we saw in this chapter is her true power in shikai form.

atm probably but i think hyorimaru will always be stronger . remember what kyoraku said that toshiro will be the strongest captain ever . he hasnt even reach his full potential yet with his zanpakuto .
Feb 5, 2014 7:28 AM

Apr 2011
bpSORE said:
yhunata said:
Also, it seems like Sode no Shirayuki is stronger than Hyourinmaru if what we saw in this chapter is her true power in shikai form.

atm probably but i think hyorimaru will always be stronger . remember what kyoraku said that toshiro will be the strongest captain ever . he hasnt even reach his full potential yet with his zanpakuto .

Well, considering Rukia doesn't even have Sode no Shirayuki's bankai, I'd say she hasn't reached her full potential either.
Feb 5, 2014 7:33 AM
Feb 2012
yhunata said:
bpSORE said:
yhunata said:

Well, considering Rukia doesn't even have Sode no Shirayuki's bankai, I'd say she hasn't reached her full potential either.

true but in the end who gonna be the strongest ? the prodigy that come once in a lifetime toshiro or vice captain rukia who been bless with this much power already . but seeing rukia this strong after this chapter is amazing .
Feb 5, 2014 7:44 AM

Apr 2011
bpSORE said:
yhunata said:
bpSORE said:
yhunata said:

true but in the end who gonna be the strongest ? the prodigy that come once in a lifetime toshiro or vice captain rukia who been bless with this much power already . but seeing rukia this strong after this chapter is amazing .

We're not really comparing Hitsugaya with Rukia, but Hyourinmaru with Sode no Shirayuki. Hyourinmaru can control the weather, great. Sode no Shirayuki controls pretty much everything around it's user. I'd say Sode no Shirayuki is the stronger of the two, while Hitsugaya's ability as a prodigy will make him and Hyourinmaru stronger than Rukia and Sode no Shirayuki.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 662 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Feb 10, 2016

84 by Ramenus »»
Sep 19, 3:37 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 15 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 4, 2009

8 by Datrunix »»
Sep 18, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 423 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jinjos - Oct 6, 2010

217 by Ramenus »»
Aug 24, 7:30 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 364 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

direbliss - Jul 1, 2009

157 by Ramenus »»
Aug 23, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 675 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

63 by Chuckiemuffin »»
Aug 15, 11:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.