3It was OK
8.2%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.5
158 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 23, 2009 11:54 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

This was more of a talky/explanation episode, so I found the first half of it pretty boring. Raven's voice isnt as bad as I thought it would be..In fact I actually like it. As much as I love Yuki Kajiura's music, I hope she doesnt play the same thing everytime there is a fight. Im starting to get tired of hearing it everytime..
Also am I the only one who found the fight scene silly? That giant porcupine just kept making me laugh thoughout the whole thing v_v

An another note..crying alice is moe ;o;
ClarsisoApr 27, 2009 4:31 PM
Apr 23, 2009 12:25 PM

Dec 2008
Finally some explains, now series should be more interesting. And crying Alice was incredibly cute^^
Apr 23, 2009 5:09 PM

Nov 2007
I think it was nicely done following manga, even thought there's too much talking going on in the ep.

It was cool how they used slow motion for the scene to rescue Sharon from Oz/Alice.

The music that used in the trailer is used in one of the scene in the ep.!

Clarsiso said:

I saw that the end credit that the mysterious guy is voiced by Daisuke Ono. I was guessing that the mysterous guys is
as well.
tsubasaloverApr 23, 2009 7:35 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 23, 2009 6:35 PM

Feb 2008
What about people that are not reading the manga that need explanation what's going on in the anime, not everyone reading the manga.
Pandora Hearts is a good anime, have become one of the top series so far but quite like Alice.
The music producent that made from Tsubasa Chronicle is awesome, like they used here too.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 24, 2009 2:30 AM

Jun 2008
love this episode that Break got more screen time *__* Also love the battle scene, it's well done and also I liked Alice's crying part. Love this episode kyaa~
Apr 24, 2009 4:02 AM
Dec 2008
I love IT!!! PLUS ALICE!!! I love her soooo much

how do you like this pic of her crying xD

I almost fainted looking at her kawaii face <3 <3 <3
Apr 24, 2009 5:38 AM

Jul 2008
Gil's voice was actually really nice ! I thought that they would ruin it but not :P
And the animation style seemed bad, again. Last two episodes lookedalready better and now this -.-
WE HEARD THAT TRAILER SONG *------------* It was so nice to hear it again !

Episode was nice :'>

Apr 24, 2009 9:02 AM
Dec 2008
I think Gil's voice was ok... i didnt think it was bad at all. Had a man's voice so didnt really matter lol...

Good themes and more scenes of Alice <3 ~~
Apr 24, 2009 9:47 AM

Jan 2009
Good episode. Explanation of Pandora association by Break and his interaction with OZ was the shining light in this episode. That I liked: Me sucker but OZ looked nice in bandages. OZ coming back and being ok was something that made me happy. The little tune when OZ opens the chain watch, is somehow nostalgic. Food and cakes.....it makes me want to go to a cosplay cafe (speaking of, there should be one of Pandora hearts soon and somewhere). OZ being A MAN! He protected Alice good from Break during the magical circle hold down. Abyss visions and fear it shows. The monster that shows up from the Abyss when OZ touches the chain watch. The transformation of Alice into Kuro Usagi (Black Rabbit). Break's chain locket, it looks nice. Flashback of scene when OZ first time sees Alice. Finally at end of episode, seeing Alice and OZ together calm. Also how happy they were when they saw the sun and light. That was joy.
What I did not like:

That was nice battle.

Alice looks good here (part of Alice club).

Can someone explain me why Raven had to touch OZ to make Alice into the black rabbit? Was thinking that her powers at not limited anymore so why?

Well, liked OZ in bandages. Makes look good.
japanme32Apr 25, 2009 11:23 PM
Apr 24, 2009 9:20 PM
Dec 2008
Well If i think back carefully, I think one of the reason is because Alice just came out with Oz from Abyss (with contract made) So she is still weak and stuff. I am not sure if I understood that part correctly but I think she is still not used to the place and cannot perform things by herself

Nice pictures :)

Yea I didnt like that part where Break was hitting her. I was really glad Oz came out and protected her. xD
Apr 25, 2009 5:49 AM

Jul 2008
Well the reason why Raven have to touch oz is because he have to remove the seal that was blockings Alice powers.
natzin25Apr 25, 2009 11:04 PM

Apr 25, 2009 6:22 AM

Jan 2009
natzin25 said:
Well the reason why jack have to touch oz is because he have to remove the seal that was blockings Alice powers.

This, don't understand. The seal blocking Alice powers was to be removed once Alice makes contract with OZ. So why is it still like this when contract is done?
Apr 25, 2009 6:48 AM

Jul 2008
Well when oz and alice came out from the abyss
Alice powers was overflowing and can't be controlled
that's why break asked Raven to seal the power that is overflowing from oz body,
If the power won't be sealed that will lead to oz death.
so when another chain attacked again break asked Raven to removed the seal from oz so that Alice can use her power again.
natzin25Apr 25, 2009 11:02 PM

Apr 25, 2009 7:46 AM

Jan 2009
natzin25 said:
Well when oz and alice came out from the abyss
Alice powers was overflowing and can't be controlled
that's why break asked jack to seal the power that is overflowing from oz body,
If the power won't be sealed that will lead to oz death.
so when another chain attacked again break asked jack to removed the seal from oz so that Alice can use her power again.

Now that is something, I was thinking. Any chance OZ will not need the seal in future?
If not then the OP makes sense why Jack is with OZ all the time. This too bad for OZ, he should try to remove that seal and control power by himself. Me think that.

natzin25 said:
Well someone has to control he's power
so that he's life won't end but there is also another reason why
Jack is always with oz.
You'll find out.

Ok me wait and see.
japanme32Apr 25, 2009 8:31 AM
Apr 25, 2009 8:17 AM

Jul 2008
Well someone has to control he's power
so that he's life won't end but there is also another reason why
Raven is always with oz.
You'll find out.
natzin25Apr 25, 2009 11:02 PM

Apr 25, 2009 8:27 AM

Jan 2009
Dont hit Alice again plz Break !!!!!

i like Jack he is cool xD 5/5 for this ep.

Apr 25, 2009 10:07 AM

Feb 2009
japanme32 said:
Can someone explain me why Jack had to touch OZ to make Alice into the black rabbit? Was thinking that her powers at not limited anymore so why?

Jack? o.O You meant Raven, didn't you?

kuraklaraApr 26, 2009 5:32 AM
Apr 25, 2009 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
mariatea said:
japanme32 said:
Can someone explain me why Jack had to touch OZ to make Alice into the black rabbit? Was thinking that her powers at not limited anymore so why?

Jack? o.O You meant Raven, didn't you? Jack is

Mixed up. Is Raven.
Apr 25, 2009 6:30 PM

Mar 2009
Sonja said:
Gil's voice was actually really nice ! I thought that they would ruin it but not :P
And the animation style seemed bad, again. Last two episodes lookedalready better and now this -.-
WE HEARD THAT TRAILER SONG *------------* It was so nice to hear it again !

Episode was nice :'>

It was deeper then I thought it would be, but it was still good.Raven needs more lines D:
The traitor music was awesome, cept why did it have to be so short >.>

Mimiko said:
love this episode that Break got more screen time *__* Also love the battle scene, it's well done and also I liked Alice's crying part. Love this episode kyaa~

Break is awesome.I was happy he got more screen time :D
The battle was ok, but I couldnt take it seriously. That giant porcupine just kept making me laugh xD
Apr 25, 2009 8:08 PM
Jun 2007
Wow, this is a discussion for episode 4, not Jack whom I don't even know yet. If you want to talk about some guy, go to its manga forum, not here for fuck's sake.
Apr 26, 2009 4:16 AM
Dec 2008
lol Drengot no need to swear...

Yep... ppl just like Drengot said, you ppl who are talking about the manga chapters... please take those talk somewhere else. I dont want to know who and what he/she will be doing to whom.

Eventually those ppl will come up later so no need to mention.

Clarsiso said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Please read the notification before posting... The anime viewers will be grateful :)
Apr 26, 2009 2:22 PM

Jul 2008
I love Pandora, it's one of the greatest series I've read but I don't like animation in anime... ; / Big plus is that seiyuu are sooo freaking awsome~! *0* Especially Break and Oz~! >D I don't like Alice and I just love Break but the scene when he hits her was... not cool... o.O But if I have to be honest - I don't rally care what happens to her as long as series goes on. ^^' Sorry, Alice fans. ^^" Music in Pandora is just beautifull~! 8D Yuki Kajiura did great job, as always~! ^_^ I love this song from trailer and fights in this epi~! :3

Can't wait for next episode~! <33
Apr 26, 2009 7:19 PM
Dec 2008
lol Ankoku... It is a democratic place so your opinion is one to be shared :P

But as a Alice fan I didnt like the way you said it :S

Anyways hope more ppl are interested in watching the anime. PLUS ankoku just an argument to make at

Ankoku78 said:
I love Pandora, it's one of the greatest series I've read but I don't like animation in anime...

The animations in episode 4 have greatly and significantly increased compared from episode 1 if you havent realized atm
Apr 27, 2009 5:23 AM

Jul 2008
Now lets hope all the fight scenes dont suck, like in episode 2.

Apr 27, 2009 11:31 AM
Feb 2008
I liked this episode ,It was a little more acceptable than the other ones
I wonder why doesn't Oz realize that Raven is actually Gill ...

well anyway I don't think the animation changed that much since the first episode but I still hope it will get better ^^
Apr 27, 2009 12:26 PM

Jan 2008
Loved the episode xD crying Alice is so moe~ ^^
Raven really needs more screentime D:
and they put the trailer music into the episode weee~ I totally can't wait for the ost to come out xD
We're all insane
Apr 27, 2009 1:12 PM

Jan 2009
Ok finally watched it with subs (that took a long time) and I loved this episode. Looks like Alice and Oz are going to team up with Pandora

And Oz must be really stupid not to realize that Gil is standing right in front of him
Apr 27, 2009 1:16 PM

Jul 2008
Great episode =D we get to learn more anout the storyline XD
and that Break character reminds me of Urahara from bleach XD

CCs_No1_Fanboy said:
Now lets hope all the fight scenes dont suck, like in episode 2.

lol agreed XD

btw anyone noticed this?
Apr 27, 2009 1:37 PM

Jan 2008
and that Break character reminds me of Urahara from bleach XD

*facepalm* I was wondering who Break reminds me of through the whole episode... XD

ughm, I noticed Break saying 'ohayo gozaimasu' but I think that was 'coz Oz had just waken up @_@
We're all insane
Apr 27, 2009 1:57 PM

Sep 2007
I don't think Oz realize that Raven is Gil because he have no idea how long he was in abyss, i think. haven' read the manga, so this is only my guess.

I'm really glad they took this episode to explain things. It really was nice finally understanding something.
Apr 27, 2009 2:02 PM

Jul 2008
xKivaToLastx said:

ughm, I noticed Break saying 'ohayo gozaimasu' but I think that was 'coz Oz had just waken up @_@

ah ok , i just thought it was a subbing error XD

E_chan said:
I don't think Oz realize that Raven is Gil because he have no idea how long he was in abyss, i think. haven' read the manga, so this is only my guess.

I'm really glad they took this episode to explain things. It really was nice finally understanding something.

Apr 27, 2009 2:19 PM

Sep 2008
Raven is really my favorite *blush*
Ad a crying Alice is cute and an Angry Oz is pretty funny!

Apr 27, 2009 2:56 PM

Jul 2008
Clarsiso said:

Some idiots just don't understand that correctly =/. If you want to talk about the manga just go to the manga chapter thread (SPOILER TAG OR NOT, IT IS NOT ALLOWED AND SUCK FOR ANIME WATCHER), don't think you are high and all knowledgeable because you just happened to read it ._.
Stuff the manga have and the anime haven't is not to be discussed there either.

When you see it once you may don't mind but I really start to be pissed off by idiots who come to discuss manga material in the anime section.

The episode was good, up to date there is only episode 2 I didn't liked the rest was really good.
Apr 27, 2009 3:23 PM

Dec 2008
im glad we got to see more of Raven/Gil in this ep! XD
but he still needs more screen time!! XP

i kinda wish Oz would've recognized Gil tho...
well, hopefully it wont take too long for that to happen XP

overall, good episode ^^
i really luv this series!! =D
Apr 27, 2009 3:32 PM

Jan 2008
don't really like this anime so far o.0.. the characters, plot, and overused music are to cliche for my liking -_- though I think this episode was slightly better than the previous ones
Apr 27, 2009 3:53 PM

Sep 2008
Sonic, why did you have to wander into the Abyss?
Yuki Kajiura continues to make the anime even more fantastic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2009 4:02 PM

May 2008
yea i im starting to love this anime,hopefully Oz's sister will appear again

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 27, 2009 5:27 PM
May 2008
I'm glad that some things were explained in this episode so I enjoyed the dialogue (I'll have to start the manga to understand it better). Overall this is one of my favorite anime series to start this spring.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 27, 2009 6:51 PM

Jul 2008
that break guy is annoying, and he tried to blame it all on the doll... what is up with that guy? and i wonder how many fragments they'll have to find for alice to get all her memories back? just gotta keep watching i guess
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 27, 2009 7:06 PM

Apr 2009
Ah reminds me of Tsubasa xD (memories)
Except Oz is pretty wimpy -_-
Apr 27, 2009 7:08 PM

Jul 2008
kage-bunshin said:
that break guy is annoying, and he tried to blame it all on the doll... what is up with that guy? and i wonder how many fragments they'll have to find for alice to get all her memories back? just gotta keep watching i guess

ya come to think of it it does get annoying after awhile with his attitude
o and btw anyone know of that doll's powers after all Break is in a contract, guess we have to find out in later episodes =D
Apr 27, 2009 7:28 PM

Feb 2009
alice is a beast imo
also when that girl was taken hostage by alice/oz, it was terribly pathetic how they shown it
Apr 27, 2009 7:50 PM

Aug 2008
Have I mentioned I hate the score?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2009 11:41 PM

Jan 2009
So we get to see more of Break's eccentricity.
Nice portrayal.

Apr 28, 2009 1:14 AM

Jul 2008
flambeaux said:
I love IT!!! PLUS ALICE!!! I love her soooo much

how do you like this pic of her crying xD

I almost fainted looking at her kawaii face <3 <3 <3

yeah thats sooo cute!! overall i really enjoy the episode^^
Apr 28, 2009 3:55 AM

Apr 2008
cool ~ they're gonna cooperate with the three ppl from pandora

Apr 28, 2009 10:46 AM

Nov 2008
This episode was ok. I need to get my hands on that full Alice theme song asap, though. I don't mind having it in every episode, it's almost too epic.

The animation wasn't that good, to be honest. Ok, the release I had maybe wasn't that perfect, but c'mon, the pattern on Sharon's dres is still not moving.

Apr 28, 2009 11:35 AM

Jul 2008
Great episode, Alice is <3 like always. She had a very funny mood swing too. Went from all sad and moe to annoyed and angry. God I love her <3

Apr 28, 2009 3:57 PM

Apr 2008
lol Break eating all of Oz's food. I love Breaks Voice Actor he does awesome as Hakkai from Saiyuki as well and Xellos from Slayers.
Apr 28, 2009 4:22 PM

Jul 2008
I love these dialogue filled explanation episodes. So this was win for me. :D

I love Oz's fate in Alice, it's really sweet.

Alice sitting on that couch = badass.

BEGINNER
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Remake

denboruto - Dec 28, 2019

25 by DeeLovesCats »»
Apr 2, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2009

77 by wewe_exo »»
Mar 8, 12:39 PM

» Help: Pandora Hearts filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

3 by kakashis_sidehoe »»
Feb 13, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 24, 2009

269 by Enjolras_Rosen »»
Jan 8, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Sep 3, 2009

79 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.