Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
5Loved it!
76.0%
4Liked it!
14.5%
3It was OK
5.2%
2Disliked it
1.8%
1Hated it
2.4%
Average 4.6
4,352 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 8:29 PM

Oct 2017
Episode looked good as expected, expecting a lot of new characters to appear. Here's to hoping a good season and more Subaru suffering.

Edit: Regular broadcast has begun as of October 2, 22:30 JST.
MegamiRemOct 2, 6:26 AM
Aug 7, 3:54 AM

May 2020
Wait what, did it really get leaked?

Edit: haven't found anything about a leak
GilgameshuuAug 7, 3:59 AM
Aug 7, 3:59 AM

Jan 2019
Re:Zero episode is not leaked; it's false information.

The supposed leak was from Netflix, but they don't have Re:Zero Season 3, Episode 1 currently in their possession.

If there are any frames circulating, they are probably taken from previously shared AnimeJapan shots.

If we can expect a leak for Re:Zero Season 3, it will be when it is released in Japanese cinemas, but not for now.

EDIT: Episode leaked after this thread by French, unrelated to Dandanan Netflix leak.
OkeanixAug 7, 7:46 AM
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Aug 7, 7:37 AM

Dec 2021
THAT SUBARU FACE, HE LOOKS SO HANDSOME, MY BOY IS SO BACK!!!! Little girl user is CRAZY though, they're doing him dirty LOL.

And, HELL YEAH, LOLIMANCER ADAPTED LET’S GOOOOOOOO!!!

Aug 7, 7:46 AM

Jan 2019
Episode leaked after this thread by French, unrelated to Dandanan Netflix leak.
Aug 7, 8:38 AM

Apr 2024
Looks like the episode has been leaked from Japan Expo in France.
Already watched. Not gonna lie, it's mid 😔

Aug 7, 10:04 AM
Oct 2022
good story but MC is shounen character
Aug 7, 11:03 AM
Mar 2018
Agreed, but anybody currently leeching the torrent was already unlikely to ever pay for any of the material, I think, so they shouldn't be too much worse off now than before the leak?

Edit: The implication is not for the current pay of the staff directly working on it, but that a loss in profit on the project as a whole would make future efforts less likely to be seen as worth investing in
sucralose_Aug 7, 10:15 PM
Aug 7, 11:12 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to 18927
Looks like the episode has been leaked from Japan Expo in France.
Already watched. Not gonna lie, it's mid 😔

@18927 Yeah it's kind of a big setup episode for the rest of the arc. They made the episode super long so that by episode 2 we'd be full into the action.
Aug 7, 11:13 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to Nanoda_6426
@Nanoda_6426 Did you even watch the show?
Aug 7, 12:46 PM
Oct 2021
For those saying only Netflix stuff was leaked, Crunchyroll admitted this was leaked and cancelled a few screenings while investigating how it got out. Allen we know is it is Japanese audio with French subtitles.
Aug 7, 12:50 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to QcDiablo
@Nanoda_6426 Did you even watch the show?
@QcDiablo Did you even read his comment? Obviously he didn't watch the show.
Aug 7, 3:59 PM
Jan 2020
Does anyone know if somebody is English translating the episode?
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Aug 7, 4:53 PM

Apr 2018
Finished watching the episode (I speak Japanese so I decided to jump in right away). As an LN reader, they did an outstanding job with the episode. I can’t wait for episode 2.
Aug 7, 9:57 PM
Jun 2013
@JP88 Studio already did the work, animators and the staff all got paid, no one is losing anything because 1 episode got leaked online in a western website.
Aug 7, 11:26 PM
Feb 2022
QcDiablo said:
@18927 Yeah it's kind of a big setup episode for the rest of the arc. They made the episode super long so that by episode 2 we'd be full into the action.

buddy how much did this ep cover whole vol 16 ?? And were there sub ??
Aug 7, 11:29 PM
Oct 2017
Subaru is a gigachad now, he acts charismatic and he even looked cool when he stopped Regulus from touching emilia and took her hand to lead her out of there. My boy came so far(even though he gets jealous sometimes whenever emilia interacts with others).

Emilia is beautiful and her buffed assets suit her, Also they clarified beako relationship is like a sibling or daughter. Their relationship is adorable, Subaru needed someone to look after him. Beako and emilia look cute in kimono. Subaru rapping skills were too good

also that ending shocked me. wtf happened, it was nerve wrecking to see subaru act like that and that nose bleed slow mo sealed it.

I didn't understand every plot point as i don't know japanese so i will wait for the release.

Edit: Julius has weird eyelashes now, so he looks a bit more girly now lmao. Reinhard family dynamics is also interesting. Garfiel's backstory and his relationship with Mimi, I am curious on where they will take it.
ravenslyAug 7, 11:54 PM
Aug 7, 11:35 PM

Jun 2023
Maybe the French aren't so bad after all..
Aug 8, 4:09 AM

Aug 2020
Fuck yeah, 4 years of French in highschool paid off

I have criticized the change in artystyle before, but watching it animated made me change my mind. The more novelesque, squishy and rounded design gives it a different but equally unique feel

My main concern is that the animation is too light and bright to properly represent the darker, more twisted scenes, but they did a decent job with that ending. Also, due to the nature of this arc, this might be a good change regarding the battles
pain
Aug 8, 4:33 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to saketsahu
QcDiablo said:

buddy how much did this ep cover whole vol 16 ?? And were there sub ??
@saketsahu The episode (90 minutes long) covered the whole volume 16 indeed.
The leaked episode has French subs, it just happens that my native language is French.
Aug 8, 5:03 AM
Feb 2022
QcDiablo said:
The leaked episode has French subs, it just happens that my native language is French.

ohh then its not worth checking out for me , i was planning to watch it after complete part one was aired anyway, btw is adaptation as good as it was.
Aug 8, 7:00 AM

May 2020
Reply to saketsahu
QcDiablo said:

ohh then its not worth checking out for me , i was planning to watch it after complete part one was aired anyway, btw is adaptation as good as it was.
@saketsahu yes, the animation is smooth and fluid. Even in dialogue-heavy scenes, there are dynamic character movements to make the scene more immersive and engaging. Doesn't stick to one shot for too long. The lighting and camera work is great. Pacing is amazing. They give just the right amount of focus for each scenes without it feeling too long/short. You can argue about the artstyle, but they're consistent for the most part and imo an overall improvement. With just one episode, it's already better production-wise than almost all of S2 and is on par with S1 in some aspects. Just gotta hope this type of quality sticks throughout the season, especially during some of the more impactful moments of the arc, which I have faith that WF will deliver.
Aug 8, 11:33 AM
Feb 2022
Gilgameshuu said:
@saketsahu yes, the animation is smooth and fluid. Even in dialogue-heavy scenes, there are dynamic character movements to make the scene more immersive and engaging. Doesn't stick to one shot for too long. The lighting and camera work is great. Pacing is amazing. They give just the right amount of focus for each scenes without it feeling too long/short. You can argue about the artstyle, but they're consistent for the most part and imo an overall improvement. With just one episode, it's already better production-wise than almost all of S2 and is on par with S1 in some aspects. Just gotta hope this type of quality sticks throughout the season, especially during some of the more impactful moments of the arc, which I have faith that WF will deliver.

well if they can maintain in one and half hour episode, i suppose maintaining it for the regular length ep should not be that big of an deal , the best part of white fox for me is that how perfectly they place ending song with the perfect moment e.g everytime when its subarus last death and many more time .
Aug 8, 3:08 PM
Mar 2016
Reply to Erikillo
Fuck yeah, 4 years of French in highschool paid off

I have criticized the change in artystyle before, but watching it animated made me change my mind. The more novelesque, squishy and rounded design gives it a different but equally unique feel

My main concern is that the animation is too light and bright to properly represent the darker, more twisted scenes, but they did a decent job with that ending. Also, due to the nature of this arc, this might be a good change regarding the battles
@Erikillo i dont think itll reach mha levels of brightness. It's not even dark yet tbh.
Aug 8, 6:02 PM
Jan 2019
Already translated lol, I'll go watch it rn
Aug 9, 3:29 AM

Jan 2019
I don't know how many watched with French subs, but French subs are terrible.

Crunchyroll should completely fire French department.

English camrip subs also has many mistakes.

Recommend waiting quality subs from actual fans, not from Crunchyroll clowns.
Aug 9, 9:15 AM

Jul 2017
this thread should probably be locked for a month
Aug 9, 10:16 AM

Jan 2021
Honestly it doesn't mean much to me. This episode has been leaked from Crunchyroll materials from Japan Paris expo 2024. Crunchyroll has one of the worst subs I've met in a long years (basically the only reason I don't pay it even though I tried it many times in past) and on top of that people are claiming that fan subs are not much better, because they are made from that French in leaked materials, not based on Japanese. So now nobody can really tell which subs can be fine and which not and the most safest way is probably to avoid it to not ruin some entertainment. I've been waiting for a long time, I can wait for another 21 days, in a better scenario, in a worse scenario almost 2 months. Still probably more worth it than watching some half-baked subs ruining the entire thing.
Aug 9, 10:42 AM

Oct 2017
Didn't expect it's actually out so early, and a 1.5 hr episode too with no filler unlike Demon Slayer's fake ep 1 movie.
White Fox really is something else.
Aug 9, 11:27 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to Ventus_S
Didn't expect it's actually out so early, and a 1.5 hr episode too with no filler unlike Demon Slayer's fake ep 1 movie.
White Fox really is something else.
@Ventus_S Also no opening + ending.
Aug 9, 11:42 AM
Aug 2015
Reply to ravensly
Subaru is a gigachad now, he acts charismatic and he even looked cool when he stopped Regulus from touching emilia and took her hand to lead her out of there. My boy came so far(even though he gets jealous sometimes whenever emilia interacts with others).

Emilia is beautiful and her buffed assets suit her, Also they clarified beako relationship is like a sibling or daughter. Their relationship is adorable, Subaru needed someone to look after him. Beako and emilia look cute in kimono. Subaru rapping skills were too good

also that ending shocked me. wtf happened, it was nerve wrecking to see subaru act like that and that nose bleed slow mo sealed it.

I didn't understand every plot point as i don't know japanese so i will wait for the release.

Edit: Julius has weird eyelashes now, so he looks a bit more girly now lmao. Reinhard family dynamics is also interesting. Garfiel's backstory and his relationship with Mimi, I am curious on where they will take it.
ravensly said:
wtf happened

It looked like she ensorcelled them with her performance. Note the red glint that appears in their eyes over time. Even Subaru dropped his grocery bag as he became wholly enraptured along with everyone else.

ravensly said:
Emilia...buffed assets

Ah, I thought it was just me.
Aug 9, 2:23 PM

Oct 2017
Very solid start with really good pacing.
It reintroduce pretty much all the characters in s1 and s2 while keeping the story engaging, and end with a cliff-hanger shock factor as usual.

Re:zero might not have the best writing, but it always has perfect pacing and plot engaging enough to grip the audience's from start to finish.
There is no filler whatsoever, every conflict, every characters show up in the arc would turn into something important in the end.
Aug 9, 3:21 PM
Feb 2023
Okay the leaks are here unfortunately. Thankfully I watched this not leaked.

I know some people dislike dialogue heavy animes sometimes but I will say this: the dialogue is impactful and plot driven and builds up. Everything said and done has meaning, and characters literally develop in this episode alone. Subaru is more mature than he ever was. Emilia actually is learning. And much more.

Ignoring the criticism of it being “too long”. Yeah I will say it, people have no patience for good story animes anymore.

Now back to this episode fast and quick, what was I watching? That ending was perfect. The set up was perfect. Animation nothing spectacular but better than S2 so far. We shall know quality wise as Season develops because the fights should be insane. I just can’t say this enough, I think this is my anime of next season if the quality keeps up and surprises me even.

Yes I expect this, Not even kidding. Well more suffering ahead and great moments. Hope people support the anime and not watch leaks.
Aug 9, 3:42 PM
May 2024
ABSOLUTE CINEMA PEAK
Aug 9, 4:42 PM
Nov 2020
Peak Isekai is back let's gooo
Aug 9, 10:42 PM
Oct 2021
great first episode of the new season
Aug 10, 2:35 AM
Jul 2015
As one of the few who hated the second season because of the art and the animation, I must say this season will be great if White Fox keeps this quality up till the last episode.
October please come quick

Aug 10, 7:23 AM

Jul 2020
Well this was an amazing extra long premiere. The focus was on the gathering of all the candidates in a Venetian-style city which allowed for a solid re-introduction to all the characters from the first two seasons. I liked the more laid back nature of most of this episode as the characters were truly able to express themselves outside of the intensity of the rest of the series; with much action sure to come I didn't mind waiting a little longer. The drama of the van Astrea family was definitely intriguing and when things definitely started to become a bit more serious. It will be interesting to see how the three of them resolve their issues going forward. The arrival of Priscilla was honestly quite unexpected given they said she was unlikely to come but she sure shook things up quickly which made things interesting. The new character Liliana was quirky and her singing voice was nice (even if I didn't think it matched her at first) so hopefully she is utilised properly. Of course the hook at the end of the episode was awesome. Sirius was as deranged as one would expect and the look of terror on the boy made for a perfectly haunting seen. Back to f-ed up Subaru we go :)
Aug 10, 7:24 AM

Aug 2014
Ooof, that ending was brutal. The way his head was drawn being crushed and them standing like that was very eerie.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Aug 10, 11:42 AM
May 2020
there is literally french leak.
Aug 10, 3:17 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to RPWPA
Ooof, that ending was brutal. The way his head was drawn being crushed and them standing like that was very eerie.
@RPWPA They censored the death pretty thoroughly this time honestly. Probably to do with this time a child being murdered.
I think the most disturbing part is the screaming of the child though . The VA does too well it makes the whole scene way more disturbing, that screaming.
Aug 11, 1:17 AM
Jun 2017
Just finished watching the leaked episode of Re Zero (in french- that i need google translator just to understand what they are saying), but anyways love that episode, especially the last part... looking forward to episode 2
Aug 11, 4:48 AM

Oct 2020
Reply to Nanoda_6426
@Nanoda_6426 Just like You 👀
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Aug 11, 5:02 AM

Dec 2010
Was a bit surprised that Emilia didn't recognize Regulus considering that she got back her memories just recently.
Aug 11, 7:46 AM

Dec 2015
ya'll whining about french subs, there are english subs available too.

Great episode, good thing it was leaked since I've been waiting for a while to watch Re:Zero again.

Guy complaining about people pirating not paying the creators. Lol, I've paid thousands in anime figures, there are many ways to contribute to the industry. The amount of money I've spent on merchandise is much beyond what someone would spend on a garbage Crunchyroll sub.
Series streaming is nowhere near music streaming compared to something like Spotify. I barely have any reason to pirate music compared to anime, for example.

People should pirate more anime, as the services available are all awful. Need to show them that they need to improve. Invest your money by other means.
You know what's hard about being the smartest person in the world? Everyone else is stupid.
Aug 11, 9:41 AM

Jul 2017
gestalt vs fle for subs?

edit: i recommend gestalt %100
Kitsune_089Aug 12, 12:47 AM
Aug 11, 10:34 AM
Dec 2013
I almost forget how cute beatrice is 🤣🤣🤣🤣
absolutely love the first episode
Aug 11, 11:32 AM

Jan 2018
Man... I really wanted to wait until it officially came out but since there are multiple English out fansubs rn I ended up just watching the leak. And it's good. Really good. The only issue is that I now have to wait longer for the next episodes. I'll probably rewatch the first episode when it officially comes out. It's a bit odd that no one created this thread before the episode got leaked tho. The episode was screened at Anime Expo 2024 just a few days before it leaked.

The episode begins with Subaru doing parkour. Good for him to get some skillz.

The Watergate City of Pristella reminded me of Mohenjo-daro which also sunk underwater when it rained apparently. Except Pristella seems much more sophisticated than the ancient city so it doesn't have this issue.

The best part about this episode was, of course, Beatrice. Her relationship with Subaru is so cute. She's just the cutest. I heard the voice actress improvised some lines/voices during the yukata scene. Amazing job by her. Of course, Subaru's relationship with Emilia grew too. The two seem much more natural together now and don't have that awkwardness they had in Season 1 and 2. This mostly comes down to Emilia becoming more confident in herself.

It was very nice to see the royal candidates and their associates again after they were largely absent from Season 2.

What a way to end the episode and start the season tho. Apparently, the new director had to fight to make the first episode 90 minutes long. And I say it was worth it. Thanks to Oshi no Ko and Frieren for popularizing the trend of oversized episodes. Ik the first episode of Season 1 had an hour-long episode but this one's even longer. And it covered an entire volume of the LN (with some cuts).

Now, the only issue is waiting until October for the next episode...

Kitsune_089 said:
gestalt vs fle for subs?

I recommend fle.
0451Aug 12, 3:54 AM
Aug 11, 2:27 PM

Oct 2020
ABSOLUTELY SMASHED "ending of the episode/ starting of the season" call it whatever U feel like.
Bless the person who at least released in high resolution.
The whole episode sets up the arc, good thinking of condensing all the new charac. introduction/memory recap stuff in one ep.....and NOW we're ready to RE:enter a show which by one way or another, never leaves a way to fascinate us.
At the very beginning we are introduced to some of the old characters we might've forgot in case, after experiencing masterpiece of an arc, which was "The Everlasting Contract", now moving on to Priscillea afer everything seems settled(tho temporarily) for Subaru-kun & his close ones.....Subaru, as energized and overconfident as ever, suddenly experienced something, which he always wanted to forget, the sensation of rewinding the memories, those unbearable pain & suffering all in an Instant flashes through his eyes. Blessed with CURSE, he calls it Return By Death. A traumatic experience he's been experiencing since the day he arrived in this new world. Something he immensely hated, ironically something that has saved him since the very beginning.
His face at the end of the episode, & the sound of Return By Death, rewinding his sufferings.....was traumatic but also assuring.
Gorgeous animation by white fox, the VA did fantastic job of resembling the old seasons.
9/10, I believe white fox to Continue a Faithful Adaptation.
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Aug 12, 12:47 AM

Jul 2017
0451 said:
Man... I really wanted to wait until it officially came out but since there are multiple English out fansubs rn I ended up just watching the leak. And it's good. Really good. The only issue is that I now have to wait longer for the next episodes. I'll probably rewatch the first episode when it officially comes out.

Kitsune_089 said:
gestalt vs fle for subs?

I recommend fle.

i watched 5 min of both, gestalt is way better overall
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 16

172 by Okeanix »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Boring, generic program with no good animation?

Ba-Cii10 - Yesterday

43 by Analyzer404 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » How much does the mistranslation “waifu” bother you?

someone324 - Oct 16

31 by blitz115 »»
6 hours ago

» The "waifu" mistranslation is awful wrong

past_feelings - Oct 16

21 by MadanielFL »»
6 hours ago

» Low IQ re zero fandom

Sahil_k - 12 hours ago

25 by -DxP- »»
10 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.