3It was OK
4.0%
2Disliked it
1.8%
1Hated it
3.3%
Average 4.5
274 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2021 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not going to lie, that Rasengan was probably the most badass one I've seen in this show. Even the impact of the hit felt like on another level.

After all the drama went down, I hope Boruto and Kawaki learned something from all this. Sasuke even knows how dangerous everything went down. Kinda cute how he visited Sarada at the hospital.

Jul 18, 2021 2:24 AM

Jun 2019
Not gonna lie, the supermassive Rasengan was so awesome from Borushiki. Quiet scary that Momoshiki doesn't even need to learn the Rasengan, he can just use it in Boruto's body whenever he likes.

Naruto and everyone's alright. Also, Kawaki is getting along with Boruto and the boys really well. I like all of them enjoying and having fun. Sasuke has already suspected what's with Jigen and his being a vessel as well. Shikamaru still can't trust Kawaki wholeheartedly which is pretty self-explanatory.
Jul 18, 2021 2:30 AM

Oct 2017
Berserk Boruto/Momoshiki was pretty bad ass.
Jul 18, 2021 2:38 AM

Jan 2021
Hmmm, Momoshiki's rasengan was epic 0.0

Shikamaru's still pretty stubborn..... After everything Kaawaki has done he still still doesn't trust him .-.
Jul 18, 2021 3:04 AM
Mar 2021
This show is goated,that rasingan is goated,"lord" borushiki is goated....
I like how boruto said to kawaki "dad's awake" and not "my dad is awake" they paid close attention to every interaction...
I gal sarada is goated to...how could i forget
Jul 18, 2021 3:07 AM
Dec 2020
Boruto Fr gonna be OP asf in the future. That Rasengan!!! TwT
Jul 18, 2021 3:07 AM
Dec 2020
Boruto Fr gonna be OP asf in the future. That Rasengan!!! TwT
Jul 18, 2021 3:13 AM

May 2017
yea i kinda predicted that the episode would play out like this.. boroshiki 1shots boro, doesn't remember anything about it etc. I wished that they would have went a little more crazy on the 1shot but it was alright nothing bad. Episode was heavily outsourced, you could tell by the character drawings and the almost non existend motion

guess we back to fillers for now
Jul 18, 2021 3:14 AM

Dec 2020
Boruto don’t know anything what happened after he was knock out momoshiki has taken over his body. Glad to see Naruto is awakaand that he said to shikamaru that he don’t need to suspect him.
Sarada is worried about boruto. I get this feeling that kawaki leave konoha because he don’t want that these people hecarefor get hurt just a theory.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 18, 2021 3:30 AM

Jun 2014
The Borushiki part was short but good, it was awesome seeing Boro get his ass kicked. The rest of the episode was mostly just getting everyone back up to speed on the situation. Shikamaru still isn't able to bring himself to trust Kawaki, which I guess will play into the next episode, which looks like filler.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jul 18, 2021 3:39 AM
Apr 2021
sad to see a 5.83 rating for this show, but kinda justified since it took so long, anyways this show def been getting better.
Jul 18, 2021 4:07 AM
Mar 2021
great episode with the collaboration between Boruto and Momoshiki its great, btw sayonara Boro-kun 😄
Jul 18, 2021 4:09 AM

Jan 2020
Well that was a quick battle or rather a massacre between Momoshiki and Boro
Jul 18, 2021 4:11 AM

Jan 2020
Filler time.......
Jul 18, 2021 4:30 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Please don't let this wholesomeness end.
Jul 18, 2021 4:49 AM
Jul 2018
Kawaki's over the top reaction after consuming the Taiyaki. 😆 Can't blame him tho, food is life.

That huge Rasengan was glorious.
removed-userJul 18, 2021 4:52 AM
Jul 18, 2021 4:57 AM

May 2020
damn the next 3 eps will be fillers

Jul 18, 2021 4:58 AM
Feb 2018
chronotl said:
sad to see a 5.83 rating for this show, but kinda justified since it took so long, anyways this show def been getting better.

I think it deserves above 6
Jul 18, 2021 6:03 AM

Mar 2020
It's a good episode. i love the scenes where the boys are eating and Kawaki-kun tried the custard taiyaki and said "kusoo umaiii!!"

Hima-chan and Kawaki-kun next week. ❤️
Zorosuke_Jul 18, 2021 6:25 AM
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jul 18, 2021 6:31 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Indeed, Momoshiki too op.

End of arc, end for Boro the ugly gyuki. They now aware of the critical situation against Kara, even though its still a minimum, and kinda did some plan. Meanwhile, Boruto's latest change also got recognized by some other people. Tho, this is still far away for a completion, for Boruto himself, Kawaki, and the story as an overarching. So, its the better time to called everything off and cool down a bit after those whole tensed up episode before. Oh-kay!

Well, i indeed feel bad for Kawaki. However, Shikamaru just did his best for the sake of the village safety. At least he got some good times there, and, well, the good timing will continue, starting out first with Himawari next. That's nice!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 18, 2021 7:50 AM
Apr 2019
Great epsiode nice to see naruto and Sakura together again next week seems like filler but who can complain since Boruto has been cannon all year so far pretty much
Jul 18, 2021 7:51 AM
Apr 2019
firstawahono said:
chronotl said:

I think it deserves above 6

Boruto could easily have a 8 rating if they went seasonal and just did 12-24 seasons of great animation all cannon I’d rather that then filler inbetween
Jul 18, 2021 9:35 AM
Apr 2021
Great episode bro!
Jul 18, 2021 10:31 AM

Apr 2018
Boroshiki beating Boro without sweating was badass. And the big rasengan in the end killed it. Momoshiki's dialogues are pretty important too.

Anyway, an good episode. Shikamaru still doesn't trust Kawaki, but that's understandable.

Next episode will be an anime canon.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 18, 2021 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
I can feel Boruto Sarada Kawaki love Triangle for some reasons
Jul 18, 2021 1:48 PM

Jan 2013
So looks like Momoshiki is gonna be Boruto's Nine tails since the whole tailed beast thing got kinda boring and power crept into irrelevance.
I wonder if Boro is actually dead or they'll asspull him back to life like that other bitch because the whole virus/cult plot point hasn't been addressed yet.

Anyway we got some Sumire this episode. I'll take it.
Jul 18, 2021 3:00 PM
Jan 2021
YO WHAT IS UP WITH THE PEOPLE AT STUDIO PIERROT HOW MAKE THESE TITLES?!?!??!?!

Why not tell us exactly what happens in the next episode for that matter. I already knew that Momoshiki was manifesting in Boruto via the Karma that he gave him just by the title of the episode being "Momoshiki's Manifestation". Come on make these titles describe the episode without actually giving away any crucial details.

Besides that the episode itself was pretty epic. The short fight between Momoshiki in Boruto's body and Boro was epic. He was flying around, borrowed chakra from Naruto, and then used a giant Rasengan to completely vaporize him. The animation on that was simply amazing to watch and I was hooked for the entirety of it.

Now there is more speculation within the series on what exactly the Karma is. According to Sasuke, there is a possibility that its purpose is to revive deceased members of the Otsutsuki clan.

I liked Sasuke's chill reaction to hearing that Sarada pulled off the Chidori to take out Boro's core and stop his regeneration.

I am excited for the mysteries of the series to be further explored in the future episodes.
Jul 18, 2021 3:35 PM
Sep 2020
Seeing Momoshiki take over Boruto's body and obliterated Boro was amazing!! Rest of the episode was also pretty good and I like the extra bits they added to episode to give it a bigger impact on watchers
Jul 18, 2021 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
the pace is very good and the construction of Boruto's power is becoming more and more interesting.
Jul 18, 2021 5:53 PM

Oct 2013
That was so funny how Borushiki just use Naruto like a gas station or recharge port lmao
Jul 18, 2021 11:28 PM

Oct 2008
So HYPE! Ootsuki-powered Boruto easily dispatched-off Boro like it was nothing! like it was childsplay!
looks like the inevitable ruin of Konoha will happen according to the forshadowing of the manga on 1st chapter...oh no...
5/5.

Jul 19, 2021 1:26 AM
Oct 2018
Was expecting a longer fight but that rasengan was crazy and the episode was fine.
Jul 19, 2021 12:15 PM

Jul 2013
it's heartwarming to see the others care about Kawaki and that he is growing to consider them as friends, too.

I saw a post about Shikamaru being like Tobirama (basically the stubborn, logical, critical assistant to the hokage). Understandable. Not everyone can warm up to or easily trust Kawaki. He does make a fair point that Jigen literally teleported through Kawaki's karma.
Jul 20, 2021 5:22 AM
Oct 2019
KingBaller06 said:

Why not tell us exactly what happens in the next episode for that matter. I already knew that Momoshiki was manifesting in Boruto via the Karma that he gave him just by the title of the episode being "Momoshiki's Manifestation". Come on make these titles describe the episode without actually giving away any crucial details.

Besides that the episode itself was pretty epic. The short fight between Momoshiki in Boruto's body and Boro was epic. He was flying around, borrowed chakra from Naruto, and then used a giant Rasengan to completely vaporize him. The animation on that was simply amazing to watch and I was hooked for the entirety of it.

Now there is more speculation within the series on what exactly the Karma is. According to Sasuke, there is a possibility that its purpose is to revive deceased members of the Otsutsuki clan.

I liked Sasuke's chill reaction to hearing that Sarada pulled off the Chidori to take out Boro's core and stop his regeneration.

I am excited for the mysteries of the series to be further explored in the future episodes.

Bro the title from the Manga Chapter 43 was Manifestation, and we already know Momoshiki manifesting Boruto.
What's the big deal?
Lmao blaming the studio
davidyodo24Jul 20, 2021 9:23 AM
Jul 20, 2021 5:28 AM
Oct 2019
Are Borushiki Rasengan the same size as when Boruto using Rasengan defeating Momoshiki?
Anyway Epic Rasengan.

Looks like next week we going into Anime Canon Episodes for a while, which is kinda understandable because there are only 16 chapter left to adapt at this moment.
Surely they need to give a space and have a chance to expanding story and details even more.
Jul 21, 2021 12:06 PM
Jan 2021
davidyodo24 said:
KingBaller06 said:

Bro the title from the Manga Chapter 43 was Manifestation, and we already know Momoshiki manifesting Boruto.
What's the big deal?
Lmao blaming the studio

Last time I checked this is about the ANIME, not the manga. So don't bring up the manga in this. That's why I didn't read your response. The anime and the manga are separate as the anime isn't a copy of the manga and vice versa. The anime does things their own way and its not bound to the manga. Hence making a comparison is utterly invalid.

With that out of the way the title of the episode is absolutely atrocious since it tells the story all on its own, which isn't the objective of a title. It's supposed to entice the audience to continue watching while subtlely describing the episode.

Anime and manga are separate matters and one doesn't determine anything regarding the other.
Jul 21, 2021 4:45 PM
Oct 2019
KingBaller06 said:
davidyodo24 said:

What's the big deal?
Lmao blaming the studio

Last time I checked this is about the ANIME, not the manga. So don't bring up the manga in this. That's why I didn't read your response. The anime and the manga are separate as the anime isn't a copy of the manga and vice versa. The anime does things their own way and its not bound to the manga. Hence making a comparison is utterly invalid.

With that out of the way the title of the episode is absolutely atrocious since it tells the story all on its own, which isn't the objective of a title. It's supposed to entice the audience to continue watching while subtlely describing the episode.

Anime and manga are separate matters and one doesn't determine anything regarding the other.

Lmao don't bring up the Manga, when clearly it's Adaptation from the Manga...
Okay. Let's blame the Studio for it.
How can someone write so much but feels like nothing.
Jul 23, 2021 9:33 AM
Jan 2021
Finnaly borushiiki
Jul 25, 2021 1:44 AM

Nov 2011
No new episode this week.
Jul 25, 2021 2:33 AM
May 2013
Stark700 said:
No new episode this week.

Ah okay, due to Olympic. As I was waiting for it.
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 11, 2021 5:02 PM

Feb 2021
Life isn’t dattebayo anymore.
*simping over 2D characters*
Sep 3, 2021 12:09 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Oh gdi, Sumire, they were all bonding so beautifully. Screw off with that "he needs to rest" crap.
Hit me with more of that slice-of-life. I'm ready. Please. Though admittedly, last episode's action really was good. I usually don't care all that much when it comes to action and my eyes kinda just gloss over when it hits. I wouldn't mind more action like last episode's though. That slice-of-life hardly ever fails me though.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 3, 2021 12:25 PM
Jan 2021
shame boruto is still mid
Dec 18, 2023 10:20 PM
Dec 2023
This was a bang!Like seriously! Momoshiki my all time favorite otsuki

More topics from this board

» I loved Naruto but my time is limited, should I bother with Boruto?

Ezereal - Jan 14, 2019

19 by Ezereal »»
Sep 23, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 292 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2023

85 by Rykcoshu »»
Sep 17, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 293 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

149 by MuntasirM »»
Sep 12, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 276 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2022

25 by elakimein »»
Sep 7, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 170 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2020

46 by Nightwalker_13 »»
Sep 5, 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.