Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (34) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2010 8:18 AM

Jun 2008
burntlettuce said:

And you have had a boner for the heat since the beginning completely blinding yourself to how much of a dick Leborn actually is. It's funny in this thread you say that people should root for your home town ect...But in the NFL thread you are all about riding the Saints ban-wagon. Last time I checked the saints weren't located in Miami. I wonder if Leborn and Bosh went to another team if you would be cheering for them.

At the end of the rant. Leborn is a dick and you follow band-wagons.

WOW, apparently you have no idea who I am and how I view things.

As a sports fan I view things in two ways a biased way and an unbiased realistic way.

It would be foolish of me to say the Dolphins are going to win the SB because they are not even good enough to make the playoffs, as much as I like them and they are MY TEAM, they are NOT going to win anything this year.

So as an unbiased NFL fan I said that the Saints are probably the NFL's best team and can probably make the SB again this year.

BTW, check your facts and sources:

#1 I said the COLTS would win the SB, NOT the Saints

#2 I am NOT a Colts fan or a Saints fan, I'm a Dolphins fan, I was clearly making a prediction NOT being a bandwagon and saying I like the Saints as a fan.

#3 DON'T EVER QUESTION MY LOYALTIES IN SPORTS!

This is NOT fucking anime we are discussing, it's real life sports with actual people and places, sports is much more important to me, I don't fuck around with my teams, I'm not an idiotic bandwagon, I'm a pure hometown fan who would never start rooting for an outside team just because they win.

LeBron hasn't played a single minute for the Heat, as far as I'm concerned this is still WADE'S TEAM, he's the man who brought Miami a Championship in 2006, he's my favorite player, I was simply defending LeBron from the constant Hate which idiotic people keep throwing at him.
Aug 18, 2010 3:12 PM

Jun 2010
Is Alex the only Miami supporter here...but relax, do you expect people to side with you and the Heat team.

Then again I dont really care about the Heat, I consider the Bulls to be a more legit threat coming out of the East, maybe the Celtics if they stay healthy, but I cant buy into the Miami hype. Im just tired of people talking about them, I mean they have a 2 time MVP with no Finals wins, a 1 time champion with a finals MVP who went off on a crumbled Mavericks teams, and an overrated PF. Im a Laker fan, so im probably either biased or just non assuming.

I just insanely dislike Lebron, I liked him at the beginning for the first few years, I even on occasions cheered, but circa 2007-2008 I just saw him in a different light., and Wade has become arrogant as well, Bosh is a nobody to me. Can you justify how he acts, its like all the Cleveland fans now bashing him, really, it only took you getting dumped to see how he truly is.

Now that he is a Heat, do you really believe in him and trust him?
Aug 18, 2010 3:24 PM

Jan 2008
The media does not = Cleveland fans. Apparently you need to look up the word celebrate. That video did not celebrate any of those events.

And LeBron hasn't deserved to be bashed?

They're pathetic how? Because they treat LeBron like the quitter he is? lol

Yeah. He only quit on the team, acted like a spoil child, held the team hostage for the last 2 or 3 years, etc. But yeah, they have nothing to complain about.

It's easy for you to say how a fanbase would and should act when your team is the one that benefited from all this LeBron bs.
Aug 18, 2010 3:55 PM

Jun 2008
SkyFade said:

Now that he is a Heat, do you really believe in him and trust him?

No, I don't, I'm scared that he might choke again in the playoffs, but that's why we ALSO have Wade, LeBron doesn't have to take the last shot, and he doesn't have all the pressure.

Gunbladewarrior said:

And LeBron hasn't deserved to be bashed?

They're pathetic how? Because they treat LeBron like the quitter he is? lol

Yeah. He only quit on the team, acted like a spoil child, held the team hostage for the last 2 or 3 years, etc. But yeah, they have nothing to complain about.

It's easy for you to say how a fanbase would and should act when your team is the one that benefited from all this LeBron bs.

You know what, you're absolutely right, it is easy for me to defend him since my team is the one that benefited from the whole nonsense.

HOWEVER, you know damn well that Cleveland would've accepted him no matter what if he had chosen to return, heck they probably would've had a parade.

facts are facts:

Cleveland fans are sour, Miami fans (such as myself) are optimistic and over joyous at the chance of what this team can accomplish.

In the end I root for the name on the FRONT not the back, my loyalty is for the Heat, not LeBron, I care about Championships, not a "popular" or "likable" team, if we are the villains of the NBA, SO BE IT, it will be even sweeter every June when we're celebrating on Biscayne Boulevard.
Aug 18, 2010 4:20 PM

Jan 2009
alexcampos said:

WOW, apparently you have no idea who I am and how I view things.

Why would I? It's the internet, I can only know so much.

alexcampos said:

It would be foolish of me to say the Dolphins are going to win the SB because they are not even good enough to make the playoffs, as much as I like them and they are MY TEAM, they are NOT going to win anything this year.

So as an unbiased NFL fan I said that the Saints are probably the NFL's best team and can probably make the SB again this year.

I will say that I did get this wrong and I do apologize for that. I was going by memory and it clearly failed me on this instance. I am sorry you by no means stated you were a Saints fan in the other thread.

alexcampos said:

LeBron hasn't played a single minute for the Heat, as far as I'm concerned this is still WADE'S TEAM, he's the man who brought Miami a Championship in 2006, he's my favorite player, I was simply defending LeBron from the constant Hate which idiotic people keep throwing at him.

Yes but does Leborn understand this? He is use to being the center of attention and what not and vise-versa for Wade. And Leborn deserves the hate. He ran-away, he broke his promise and he ran off to Wade's team for the chance at an easy ring.
Aug 18, 2010 4:28 PM

Apr 2008
people need to take a chill pill. wait til the season starts before talking shit.

besides, everybody knows that portland is winning it all.

Aug 18, 2010 4:32 PM

Jan 2008
The thing about Wade is health concerns.

Of course they would. It would have shown that he had the balls to get it done there. Instead he runs away and then talks trash about his motivation, and what not.

And they should be sour at LeQuit.

That sounds nice to say now that you have 3 Allstars on the team.-_- And it'll be even sweeter for the rest of us when LeBron chokes yet again.
Aug 18, 2010 5:13 PM

Jun 2010
Actually does anybody care about Melo and how he has started to act, not to mention people are still doubting CP3. Honestly I love basketball, but Stern really has to do something about players control over which teams they go to and forcing trades, its ridiculous. Who's next, Brandon Roy or D Will demanding trades just cause their respective teams are disappointments.
Aug 18, 2010 6:41 PM

Jan 2008
SkyFade said:
Actually does anybody care about Melo and how he has started to act, not to mention people are still doubting CP3. Honestly I love basketball, but Stern really has to do something about players control over which teams they go to and forcing trades, its ridiculous. Who's next, Brandon Roy or D Will demanding trades just cause their respective teams are disappointments.

How has he started to act? He hasn't said anything publicly yet.

I do think D.Will is going to leave Utah when his contract is up. Don't really care what Chris Paul does. I think he's a little overrated.
Aug 18, 2010 7:31 PM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
SkyFade said:

How has he started to act? He hasn't said anything publicly yet.

I do think D.Will is going to leave Utah when his contract is up. Don't really care what Chris Paul does. I think he's a little overrated.

Carmelo hasn't said anything, but it's how he's acting that is making him look like the NEXT Lebron.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=SummerForecast10-MeloFuture

Trust me he WON'T sign the 3 year $65 million extension that the Nuggets offered him, AND WHY SHOULD HE.

The Nuggets will never beat the Lakers, if he has a better chance in NY or Orlando, then he should go where he can win.
Aug 18, 2010 7:45 PM

Jun 2010
Yea he hasnt said anything, but he has the classic 'I dont want to commit yet', 'Im focusing on other matters' and the always needed, 'Im just trying to do whats best for my family'. Yea because 65 million nowadays is just chump change. Honestly its weird, before Lebrons Decision, it always felt he would bail out of Denver first, he always seemed the more depserate to be in a big market. So yea, only way the Nuggets keep him is if they throw him a max deal like the Hawks with Joe Johnson (incredibly stupid btw). Other than that, if he is even slightly caring, he will at least finish his season in peace, if not wait mid season for trade rumors to boil over.

Oh and me personally id prefer CP3 over D Will, but thats just me.
Aug 18, 2010 8:25 PM
Aug 2010
alexcampos said:
The Nuggets will never beat the Lakers, if he has a better chance in NY or Orlando, then he should go where he can win.

It would be great if Melo came to the Knicks along with Staudamire, the Knicks would be a great team, it would really make New York a contender.
Aug 18, 2010 9:06 PM

Jan 2008
It's not even close to LeQuit's level.

Unlike the Knicks, the Nuggets have good pieces. Who do the Knicks have outside of Amar'e? Even adding Carmelo wouldn't put them over Orlando, or Boston. I only could see it just because he was born there. Chicago or New Jersey would make more sense than New York. They both have good PGs, and a good 5. Chicago would be the best choice if he does leave.

SkyFade said:
Oh and me personally id prefer CP3 over D Will, but thats just me.

Why is that? :I
GunbladewarriorAug 18, 2010 9:09 PM
Aug 19, 2010 4:49 AM

Jun 2010
Granted last season doesnt help since he barely played about half of it, I just think CP3 is a more pure PG, higher assist average, I dont know the exact number, but a noticeable turnover ratio difference favoring CP3. I know D Will is bigger and can guard better bigger guards, but CP3 is a better on ball defender with anyone nearly his size, plus has higher steals (of course I dont judge steals as a defensive statistics, im just saying its a plus).

And by game, in transition id take CP3, quicker pace and penetration, D Will is better in a half court and of course pick and roll (maybe its just Sloans system). BUt of course being injury prone isnt a good thing and CP3 has shown some signs.

Either way both are best in the league as it stands now when healthy, id have a problem with someone saying Nash or Rose are better, and im still hesitant on Rondo beside his postseason success.
Aug 19, 2010 6:00 AM

Apr 2010
Though El Heat got LBJ,it doesn't mean that they'll win this years' championship ring. Well... they need good strategy. . .
well. still love LBJ on Cavs. But i still love him anyweiz. haha

But still hoping for ORLANDO MAGIC TO WIN the CHAMPIONSHIPS! haha
NOYPI KA BA??? THEN CLICK ME NOW NA!!!

Aug 19, 2010 10:53 AM

Jan 2008
SkyFade said:
Either way both are best in the league as it stands now when healthy, id have a problem with someone saying Nash or Rose are better, and im still hesitant on Rondo beside his postseason success.

Getting steals is nice, but i've seen D.Will completely shut down B.Roy when they played. That series with Denver was another example. In the 2009 playoffs, Denver, and Billups beat up on Chris Paul. In 2010, D.Will made Billups look horrible. Without him there's no way they beat Denver even one game.

Definitely agree with that. Nash is too much of a liability on defense, and Rose's offensive game is still to raw for me to acknowledge either as being on par with D.Will, or Paul. Rondo is a great defender, but like Rose, his offensive game(outside shooting and FTs) needs work.
Aug 19, 2010 12:28 PM

Jun 2010
Yea true, D Will can guard very well bigger guards given his size making them struggle and work for their possessions, but I do think CP3 is a better on ball defender, in 2007 when Kidd was still reasonably skilled, cause alot of disruption and turnovers, he has also made Nash turnover prone in head to head matchups. In 09 I think he outplayed Rondo pretty well in the regular season.

Of course im well aware in head to head matchups D Will has the advantage over CP3 by a good margin. As for your Denver comparison, very true but thats a good case of body size making a difference and supporting cast, CP3 didnt have any strong or quick players to play off and often found himself with the ball in times he shoudlnt have, D Will you have to admit has had a more sound cast for the most part, not that im copping out CP3 but still, id rather have Boozer, Brewer, Okur and even Kirilenko over David West, Peja, Chandler and I dont even remember the others.
Aug 19, 2010 12:31 PM

Apr 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:

Getting steals is nice, but i've seen D.Will completely shut down B.Roy when they played..

I seem to remember Ronnie Brewer being the one to slow down broy

Aug 19, 2010 3:01 PM

Jan 2008
MisterSaito said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

Getting steals is nice, but i've seen D.Will completely shut down B.Roy when they played..

I seem to remember Ronnie Brewer being the one to slow down broy

Slowing down isn't shutting down. Besides RB is the same size as B.Roy. :I
Sep 15, 2010 8:54 PM

Jun 2008
Well, it's been awhile but I'm very shocked to see this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Kobe-Bryant-is-still-more-unlikable-than-LeBron-?urn=nba-269606

I never imagined that Kobe would be more hated than LeBron especially after what's happened.

Here is the top 5 most hated athletes:

#1 Michael Vick
#2 Tiger Woods
#3 Terrell Owens
#4 Chad Ochocinco
#5 Kobe Bryant

LeBron was #6, not bad after "the Decision"
Sep 15, 2010 9:21 PM

Jul 2010
thanks i was looking for this :D

Sep 15, 2010 9:35 PM

Sep 2010
am i the only thunder fan here? im a pretty big fan of Kevin Durant. hopefully they'll be able to go against those power houses like lakers and heat. also im kind of a fan of pacers, even though they're shit. im a fan cuz i live in indiana lol and ive met the team of 2002 so tehnically speaking, i've chat with r miller, j oneal & artest. those were the only ones i actually cared for back then eheh..
世界中から我々のメンバーの雹。ない階層があります。みんな、国籍は、民族、経済的地位、年齢、能力に関係なく同じです。私たちの旗は、任意の色を持っていません。我々は、無色である。我々は、 ドルですです。
イシシシシ~
Sep 16, 2010 2:53 AM

Jan 2008
alexcampos said:
Well, it's been awhile but I'm very shocked to see this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Kobe-Bryant-is-still-more-unlikable-than-LeBron-?urn=nba-269606

I never imagined that Kobe would be more hated than LeBron especially after what's happened.

Here is the top 5 most hated athletes:

#1 Michael Vick
#2 Tiger Woods
#3 Terrell Owens
#4 Chad Ochocinco
#5 Kobe Bryant

LeBron was #6, not bad after "the Decision"

All Black. How shocking. Because we all know dem white athletes never do anything wrong.
Sep 16, 2010 6:51 AM

Jun 2008
^^Well there's good reason to hate these guys:

Mike Vick killed dogs, went to prison

Tiger Woods has sex with every women on earth

T.O and Chad are both arrogant loud mouths that annoy everyone

Kobe wins a lot and as we know non-Kobe fans are jealous and hate him for that

LBJ and his "decision"

But I do think that these should've been added as well:

Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Alex Rodriguez
Derek Jeter
Tom Brady
Sep 16, 2010 7:55 AM

Jan 2008
Bleh.

He did his time(which I thought was too long to begin with) so people really need to stfu about it .

So? Plenty of athletes have.

Right. Because they're the only athletes in the world that are arrogant and loud.-_-

True.

The only one that makes sense.>.>

I never understood the hate for FM jr. Derek Jeter? WTF? lol How Tom Brady isn't on this list just shocks me(well if he were Black he would be). I think alot of this has to to do with jealousy too.
Sep 16, 2010 1:04 PM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:

So? Plenty of athletes have.

I'm guessing this was a response to Tiger Woods sex scandal, you might be right, in fact I'm sure you're right, I'm sure every big name athlete sleeps around and has crazy amounts of sex with many different women all over the place.

But what sets Tiger apart from everyone else is that: HE GOT CAUGHT!

If you don't get caught no one will care, look at Roger Clemens everyone thought he was a hall of famer, and then he was caught (steroids), now not only will he not be voted in, he's also under investigation for Perjury.

Americans are very forgiving when it comes to athletes, I know I am, however the worst thing you can do is keep lying, Tiger, Roger Clemens, Pete Rose, all these guys kept lying and it only made things worst.

Tiger: Lost his marriage, lost many endorsements, lost his respect with many fans.

Clemens: Will probably be found guilty of perjury, will not go to the HOF

Pete Rose: Lost millions of dollars, will never enter HOF
Sep 16, 2010 2:10 PM

Jan 2008
What did Tiger Woods lie about?

Well supposedly MJ cheated on his wife, and no one gave a crap.

I just don't get how Ben Roethlisberger's, or Tom Brady's name is nowhere on that top 5. It's a joke.
Sep 16, 2010 3:03 PM

Nov 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
All Black. How shocking. Because we all know dem white athletes never do anything wrong.

Don't even start with that mess, bro. Don't even...
Sep 30, 2010 6:52 PM

Jun 2008
DrakeWants2Speak said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

Don't even start with that mess, bro. Don't even...

Actually there could be something to this, according to LeBron race was a factor in the backlash:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/LeBron-James-says-race-was-a-factor-in-backlash-?urn=nba-273678

Also there is a poll that says:

Among non-blacks, James' negative Q rating went from 24 percent to 44 after his free-agency announcement. However, among blacks, his negative Q Score slipped just from 14 percent to 15 percent.
Oct 1, 2010 2:52 AM

Jan 2008
I think his response was abit much. People are pissed because he came off as a dick. Sure, some hated him more because of his race, but I don't think it was the biggest fact. He brought most of this on himself. My only problem is how someone like Ben Roethlisberger could be lower than LeBron, Kobe, T.O, and Chad Johnson. It's pretty ridiculous.
Oct 1, 2010 11:20 AM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
I think his response was abit much. People are pissed because he came off as a dick. Sure, some hated him more because of his race, but I don't think it was the biggest fact. He brought most of this on himself. My only problem is how someone like Ben Roethlisberger could be lower than LeBron, Kobe, T.O, and Chad Johnson. It's pretty ridiculous.

I'll agree that LeBron came off bad after "the decision", but at least we now know that that it wasn't his idea.

Also, Ben Roethlisberger rapes girls, gets away with it, the NFL gives him a pussy suspension of ONLY 4 games, and nobody says anything.

This just proves that WHITE QBs can get away with rape, while BLACK b-ball players can't even make a decision without everyone objecting to it.

Here is further proof:

Some people still object to Mike Vick being the starting QB in Philly, this is nonsense, he is clearly the best QB there and he is quickly turning back into his old awesome self.
Oct 1, 2010 4:30 PM

Jan 2008
-_-
GunbladewarriorOct 1, 2010 4:51 PM
Oct 1, 2010 4:42 PM

Jan 2008
That's even worse that it wasn't his idea. But eh, he's proving daily that he's more of a follower.

What do you expect? While I don't I like Brett, i'm shocked he's nowhere on that list.

The Vick situation is proof that even when you serve time you never pay your so called "dept" to society.
Oct 3, 2010 1:25 PM

Nov 2008
I hate it for all you Chicago Bulls fans!

It's just one thing after another with that guy -_-
Oct 3, 2010 4:25 PM

Oct 2007
LOL That sucks for Chicago. Oh well, they still got Joakim Noah.
Oct 3, 2010 4:42 PM

Jun 2008
Looks like the East is down to 3 teams (Heat, Magic, Celtics)...
Oct 3, 2010 11:46 PM

Jan 2008
It was always just 3. Boozer is a very good player, but not he's not Pau Gasol or Amar'e good. Had the Bulls gotten Carmelo, they would have actually been a contender to win the East.

Anyway, here's hopin D.Howard leared alot from Hakeem this summer. If so, the Magic are going to the Finals again.
Oct 4, 2010 4:33 AM
Oct 4, 2010 8:15 AM

Jun 2010
Yea hopefully Hakeem gave Dwight some decent post moves, although what exactly was Ewing brought in to do as well?

I still think the Bulls are a legit team, maybe not Finals good, but not a first round exit either, although thats me thinking that Noah and Rose are gonna improve even more.
Oct 4, 2010 2:31 PM

Jan 2008
SkyFade said:
Yea hopefully Hakeem gave Dwight some decent post moves, although what exactly was Ewing brought in to do as well?

I still think the Bulls are a legit team, maybe not Finals good, but not a first round exit either, although thats me thinking that Noah and Rose are gonna improve even more.

To teach him how to travel. :|

Only if Rose gets a consistent outside shot will the Bulls be somewhat of a threat.
Oct 5, 2010 4:25 PM

Jun 2008
Alright, finally after a VERY LONG SUMMER...

it's preseason time....YAY!!!

Heat vs. Pistons Tonight, the score doesn't matter nor which team wins, but what matters is to see HOW Wade, LeBron, and Bosh will play together.

I'm obviously excited, I know that WADE, LEBRON, and BOSH will only play for a little while, but it's still very exciting..

Gunbladewarrior I hope you're watching tonight...
Oct 5, 2010 6:23 PM

Jan 2008
Why would I care about preseason basketball? Especially for an overhyped team with overhyped players(LeBron and Bosh).-_-
GunbladewarriorOct 5, 2010 6:35 PM
Oct 5, 2010 8:36 PM
Jun 2008
yea pre-season is just like training camp not much till the season start.

really besides wait & see IF this NBA's NEXUS version of lebron-wade-bosh will work?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Oct 5, 2010 8:39 PM

Jan 2008
Down goes Wade.:|
Oct 5, 2010 8:51 PM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:

Minor strained hamstring, nothing to worry about, especially in the preseason.

Wade has been injury prone in the past, and for once an injury happens when there's nothing to worry about, I'm sure he'll be ready for the Celtics game on Oct. 26.

Besides that, the most important thing for me was watching James and Bosh, I've seen Wade play for my team for 7 years, I was really happy with what I saw from LBJ and Bosh.

LBJ: 26 mins, 18 pts, he took over when Wade went out, that's the beauty to this team, we really don't need three superstars, but it's nice to know that if someone misses a game or has an injury you have two other stars to pick up the load.

Bosh: 26 mins, 20 pts, showed some good moments on both sides of the court and showed he can score.

Overall I saw good things, it's unfortunate what happened to Wade, although he mentioned that his hamstring was sore before the game, so he probably shouldn't have played to begin with.

Also, I loved how everyone focused on LBJ and Bosh, and there was a milliion Heat players wide open from all perimeters, it's going to be fun to see "the Big 3" score 60-70 points every night, while the role players have wide open shots on almost every possession.

GOOD LUCK NBA...
Oct 5, 2010 8:59 PM

Oct 2007
Bosh really lost weight. He looks like a stick especially with that shaved head. He shoulda sticked with the dreads, in my opinion.

On the other hand, John Wall looking like a beast for Washington in that match.
Oct 6, 2010 2:25 AM

Jan 2008
alexcampos said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

Minor strained hamstring, nothing to worry about, especially in the preseason.

Wade has been injury prone in the past, and for once an injury happens when there's nothing to worry about, I'm sure he'll be ready for the Celtics game on Oct. 26.

Besides that, the most important thing for me was watching James and Bosh, I've seen Wade play for my team for 7 years, I was really happy with what I saw from LBJ and Bosh.

LBJ: 26 mins, 18 pts, he took over when Wade went out, that's the beauty to this team, we really don't need three superstars, but it's nice to know that if someone misses a game or has an injury you have two other stars to pick up the load.

Bosh: 26 mins, 20 pts, showed some good moments on both sides of the court and showed he can score.

Overall I saw good things, it's unfortunate what happened to Wade, although he mentioned that his hamstring was sore before the game, so he probably shouldn't have played to begin with.

Also, I loved how everyone focused on LBJ and Bosh, and there was a milliion Heat players wide open from all perimeters, it's going to be fun to see "the Big 3" score 60-70 points every night, while the role players have wide open shots on almost every possession.

GOOD LUCK NBA...

First off calling them a "Big 3" is is ridiculous. It's a Big 2 and a pretty good player in Bosh.

You do realise that you're being somewhat of a hypocrite right? In on breath you're saying it doesn't matter about the injury because it's preseason, but then you're overreacting how the Heat played in a preseason game against the Pistons.-_-

I also find it funny that Wade and the rest are now trying to downplay the hype by saying the media is the one that created all this "hype" about them and the team. By far the biggest bs i've heard from them since the whole "LeBron had no help in Cleveland".

It wouldn't shock me at all if Boston beat them in the playoffs.
GunbladewarriorOct 6, 2010 2:46 AM
Oct 6, 2010 5:12 AM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
First off calling them a "Big 3" is is ridiculous. It's a Big 2 and a pretty good player in Bosh.

OK, I agree it's 2 HUGE STARS, and 1 pretty good player, let's see Boston's Big 3 (which NONE are HUGE STARS) and all three are "pretty good players", besides I only call them that because everyone else (including ESPN) is calling them that.

Gunbladewarrior said:
You do realise that you're being somewhat of a hypocrite right? In on breath you're saying it doesn't matter about the injury because it's preseason, but then you're overreacting how the Heat played in a preseason game against the Pistons.-_-

I don't think I overreacted, preseason is a simulation, I didn't care about the score, I cared HOW they played, and like I said there were many good things that came out of that game, but you don't have to take my word for it.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/10/05/heat-debut.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20101005_DET@MIA

I don't know if you saw ESPN's coverage but even they acknowledged that it didn't feel like a preseason game, the arena was almost at capacity level and the players were playing like it was more than preseason.

That shows that these guys are very pumped, they want to go out and play, they want to win, the role players (Miller, Chalmers, Haslem, etc.) were WIDE OPEN on so many plays, they were shooting uncontested 3-pointers all game long.

I'm being honest preseason or not, for a team that has never played together they did a pretty good job, but yes maybe I'm overplaying the situation, but you gotta understand I've been dying to see this team play since July, the NBA fan freak that I am is screaming to see a REAL game and soon.

BTW, I have tickets for 5 regular season games. (vs. Pistons, Pacers, Kings, 76ers, and Celtics)
Oct 6, 2010 5:30 AM

May 2010
Golden State Warriors + New Uniforms + New Owner + Steph and Monta are now BFF = NBA Champions.

Let's go, Dubs!
Oct 6, 2010 5:37 AM

Jun 2010
Eh it is preseason, I never knew the 96' Bulls went 5-3 in their preseason games that year.

Its like how the Wolves out played the Lakers in Europe recently, its preseason, just stretch your legs, to take it serious, you must have something desperate to prove.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (34) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.