Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (34) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 11, 2010 1:12 AM

Jan 2008
You go on ESPN's forums too? lol My name is Buckeyevstheworld on there.>.> I don't go there much during basketballs off season. Espn is further proof of how this Heat thing has gotten out of hand. I could probably count on one hand how many Heat supporters there were before the trade.

You seem to have taken exception to me saying that it's because the Dolphins suck yet the time you turned toward the Heat more was around the time the Dolphins were sucking monkey poop.

Eh, you can use it as fuel. As much as I cheered against LeBron winning a title the last 2 years, i'll be doing it harder than ever the next 6 seasons. When they don't win next year, i'll say "yay", and move on. lol It's sad though because I was wanting D.Wade to win another title in thee next few years. Now i'm hoping he never does again.
Aug 11, 2010 5:41 AM
Aug 2010
alexcampos said:
But I guess it's not so bad here, I have to defend myself against you and a couple of other guys, in other forums (REAL SPORTS SITES) I've had the same discussion with HUNDREDS of haters and people who have said the same exact things you have said, the only good thing about places like CBS Sports, or ESPN forums is that I have other Heat fans backing me up, I'm all alone here.

You can't really expect a huge number of people discussing sports in a site where people are discussing fictional Japanese cartoons.

But, I'm glad the discussion has both sides, I've been around the forums and a lot of threads don't have two sides, it's just one side dominating the discussion with a bunch of idiots all saying the same thing.

That's why we need more sports discussions here, we need more fans talking about sports, don't get me wrong I like anime as much as everyone here, but sometimes I don't want to discuss "who's the hottest anime girl"
Aug 11, 2010 6:39 AM

Jun 2010
alexcampos said:
SkyFade said:
Sad but true, cant wait for this season to start already. Still if that Heat team under performs, better no 'supposed' fans abandon ship.

They would have to do pretty damn bad, for fans to abandon ship, I don't get this "Supposed Miami fans" claim, we have had a pretty good core of Heat fans for a awhile now, we have been in the top 15 teams in terms of attendance the last 8 years, not to mention we sold out every game 2005-2007 why do people keep thinking that we're "supposed fans".

Not so much Miami, in Texas ive met already so many Heat fans that were on Cleveland bandwagon and they still love to talk trash. Im a believer of rooting to the teams were youre from, if you from Miami cheer them, if you from Chicago, you cheer them. Im just saying, not calling you out, but youre fanbase has become superficial nationwide and you cant deny that. Funny im a Laker fan and even if weve gone back to back, all the general hate is going to Miami now. But if youre in MIami, then good for you.
Aug 11, 2010 8:54 AM

Jun 2008
SkyFade said:
alexcampos said:
SkyFade said:
Sad but true, cant wait for this season to start already. Still if that Heat team under performs, better no 'supposed' fans abandon ship.

They would have to do pretty damn bad, for fans to abandon ship, I don't get this "Supposed Miami fans" claim, we have had a pretty good core of Heat fans for a awhile now, we have been in the top 15 teams in terms of attendance the last 8 years, not to mention we sold out every game 2005-2007 why do people keep thinking that we're "supposed fans".

Not so much Miami, in Texas ive met already so many Heat fans that were on Cleveland bandwagon and they still love to talk trash. Im a believer of rooting to the teams were youre from, if you from Miami cheer them, if you from Chicago, you cheer them. Im just saying, not calling you out, but youre fanbase has become superficial nationwide and you cant deny that. Funny im a Laker fan and even if weve gone back to back, all the general hate is going to Miami now. But if youre in MIami, then good for you.

Do you think I'd be talking and posting this much if I wasn't from Miami, I invite you to PLEASE check out my profile here at MAL, PLEASE READ MY "ABOUT ALEXCAMPOS" blog, there you will find out that I am born and raised in Miami.

I was born in Jackson Memorial Hospital LESS THAN A MILE from the Orange Bowl, where the Dolphins and Hurricanes won many of their championships, where the 1972 PERFECT DOLPHINS PLAYED!!!

I am 100% pure Miami native who loves his Miami hometown teams, that includes everyone, DOLPHINS, HEAT, MARLINS, HURRICANES, everyone from here, even the Panthers.

I can't believe some people would think that I'm not from Miami, the way I talk, I thought it was a given.

Now, as for Heat fans that are not from Miami, I can't say what they are thinking, if they are bandwagon, that's their problem, I personally don't care about those guys, I would never root for a team that wasn't from here.

I mean, why would I root for the Yankees, I don't live in NY, I have no ties to NY, and I have nothing legitimate to say that would be acceptable for me to root for them.

I will say this very clear: FANS WHO ROOT FOR TEAMS THAT ARE OUTSIDE THEIR CITIES ARE SCUM!!!
Aug 11, 2010 9:58 AM

Apr 2008
alexcampos said:
I will say this very clear: FANS WHO ROOT FOR TEAMS THAT ARE OUTSIDE THEIR CITIES ARE SCUM!!!

Of all the retarded comments in this thread, this is probably number one on the list. I really don't know where to start with this one, but I'm sure everybody else reading this will be able to point out several problems with this statement, be it logic, attitude, or even grammar.

Oh, and can you drop the boldface and the random caps? It's kinda annoying.

Aug 11, 2010 10:57 AM

Jan 2008
MisterSaito said:
alexcampos said:

Of all the retarded comments in this thread, this is probably number one on the list. I really don't know where to start with this one, but I'm sure everybody else reading this will be able to point out several problems with this statement, be it logic, attitude, or even grammar.

Oh, and can you drop the boldface and the random caps? It's kinda annoying.

He is a Heat fan, saying cray off the wall things is to be expected. i'm sure before D.Wade retires he might also say that D.Wade is the greatest SG of all time. lol
Aug 11, 2010 11:20 AM

Jun 2008
The dude probably just dissed more than half of all fans who ever watch sports. Probably.
Aug 11, 2010 12:30 PM

Jun 2010
Not the best choice of words but I do agree with him in the sense, as a Laker fan id rather not bump into Laker fans when the team is doing great only so that next season they hop on the the newest team and then talk trash.

My favorite team are the Lakers, but I used to cheer for the Hornets since I loved CP3 (PG is my favorite position), but ever since this free agency mess my opinion of him has changed. Now I just like the Thunder on the side cause I think Durant represents what good in the NBA, a young athlete who isnt a media whore and handles his business in the court, hopefully he never changes.
Aug 11, 2010 1:00 PM

Jun 2008
MisterSaito said:

You don't know where to start, why don't you tell me why anyone should root for any team that is outside where they live or were born, why would anyone be a fan of the Yankees for example and they've never even been to NY, oh and that person lives in a city that HAS an MLB team.

Tachii said:
The dude probably just dissed more than half of all fans who ever watch sports. Probably.

I DON'T CARE if I insult everyone who has ever watched sports, if I was born and raised and live in Chicago (for example) why would I ever be a fan of any team outside of Chicago.

You guys can say whatever the Fuck you want, the majority of fans DON'T like it when people root for winning teams just because they win, that's what bandwagon and fucking idiots do, I could care less how many people hate me for the things I say.
Aug 11, 2010 1:21 PM

Jan 2008
That's really no different than the so called Miami fans that didn't start paying attention to the Heat until the 2004-05 season when Shaq got there.
Aug 11, 2010 1:35 PM

Jun 2010
A better example would be Boston, horrendous for nearly 20 years, I had never met another person that even liked them, and well look at them now, still 5 years from now when that old roster breaks apart, you wont hear from them unless they are smart and start preparing to rebuild around Rondo.

Of course big markets are like that I suppose unlike smaller ones, the Kings were hot for a while but they never blew up in media hype, so were the T Wolves and Bucks, of course the Lakers were relevant as well but still. Imagine if the Knicks ever become good, not thats gonna be a mess of hoppers.
Aug 11, 2010 1:49 PM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
That's really no different than the so called Miami fans that didn't start paying attention to the Heat until the 2004-05 season when Shaq got there.

NO, it is completely different, that's called being uninterested because the team wasn't doing so great, that doesn't mean that you start to root for the Lakers or Spurs because they win all the time, and guess what I'm not defending any other Heat "fans" I'm talking strictly of how I and the majority of fans view sports in America.

The Fucking idiots on this thread who think I'm insulting people because of what I said, don't know a damn thing about sports, they should stick with anime and not even bother discussing something that is very common among fans, what kind of fucking idiot says it's ok to be bandwagon *rolls eyes*

Fans don't like Winner-Pickers nor do they like Bandwagon fans, if you live in a major American city, you should support your hometown team, you shouldn't abandon them just because they're bad or whatever, You think it's a coincidence that the biggest fan bases are of the teams that win the most???
Aug 11, 2010 1:57 PM
Aug 2010
I gotta say as much as I don't agree with the choice of words from alexcampos, I agree with what he said.

I'm personally from NYC, I was born and have lived here all my life, as you might imagine, I'm a Yankee fan, and as part of being a fan of one of the most beloved and Hated teams in America I understand how it will be to be a fan of the Heat this upcoming season.

I'm glad to see that there are so many Yankee fans, but it's a SHAME when the Yankees go to Baltimore or anywhere else and there are more Yankee fans than the home team.

I believe that you should be a fan of the teams from the city you are from, I also wouldn't root for any team outside of NY.
ichig0fanAug 11, 2010 2:00 PM
Aug 11, 2010 2:02 PM

Jan 2008
You can only speak for yourself. You don't know what the "majority" thinks. If it were a majority thing the 90s Bulls, and the Lakers the Lakers past several years wouldn't have sold out the arenas when they came to play.

A fair weather fan is the same thing as a bandwagoner. I don't care what city the team is in.

If it was about the team that won the most, then explain to me how the Cowboys are still called America's team?
Aug 11, 2010 2:19 PM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
You can only speak for yourself. You don't know what the "majority" thinks. If it were a majority thing the 90s Bulls, and the Lakers the Lakers past several years wouldn't have sold out the arenas when they came to play.

A fair weather fan is the same thing as a bandwagoner. I don't care what city the team is in.

If it was about the team that won the most, then explain to me how the Cowboys are still called America's team?

This is straight from ESPN, although it is opinion, it is still what a true fan should be like:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/020227

notice the following rules:

12. After your team wins a championship, they immediately get a five-year grace period: You can't complain about anything that happens with your team (trades, draft picks, salary-cap cuts, coaching moves) for five years. There are no exceptions. For instance, the Pats could finish 0-80 over the next five years and I wouldn't say a peep. That's just the way it is. You win the Super Bowl, you go on cruise control for five years. Everything else is gravy.

18. If you live in a city that has fielded a professional team since your formative years, you have to root for that team

19. Once you choose a team, you're stuck with that team for the rest of your life ...

see the article for conditions to rule #19

If you're between the ages of 20-40, you're a fan of the Yankees, Cowboys, Braves, Raiders, Steelers, Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, Canadiens and/or Oilers, and you're not actually from those one of those cities ... well, you better have a reason that goes beyond "When I was picking a favorite team as a kid, they were the best team, so I picked them."
--ALEX--Aug 11, 2010 2:22 PM
Aug 11, 2010 2:31 PM

Jan 2008
You just posted an article from Bill Simmons......I can no longer take you seriously. lol

This is the same Bill Simmons that criticized the Celtics time and time again before they beat the Cavs.
Aug 11, 2010 2:34 PM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
You just posted an article from Bill Simmons......I can no longer take you seriously. lol

This is the same Bill Simmons that criticized the Celtics time and time again before they beat the Cavs.

Who the fuck cares who wrote it, it's a good article with legitimate rules that should be followed, instead of bitching about who wrote it, why don't you read it and tell me what you think about it, don't judge articles by who writes them, judge it by it's content.
Aug 11, 2010 2:39 PM

Jan 2008
Because i've read enough b.s from Bill Simmons to not care what he thinks for the most part.

Something tells me you can't go 5 seconds without saying f this or that.-.-
Aug 11, 2010 2:40 PM

Jun 2010
Grace period is only for teams with no history that came out of nowhere, that wouldnt matter to Laker or even Bulls fans who expect more from their respective franchises, an example would be if the Laker didnt 3 peat then people would call them failures completely ignoring the back to back.

Im from LA, i love the Dodgers and Laker, id probably care more about the NFL if LA ever got a damn team by now, even a scrub team id love because as teams they in a way represent where you are from.
Aug 11, 2010 2:47 PM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
Because i've read enough b.s from Bill Simmons to not care what he thinks for the most part.

Something tells me you can't go 5 seconds without saying f this or that.-.-

Ok fine, my point was that many of the comments I've made follow most of the rules that he described, TRUE FANS understand that you are not allowed to:

Switch teams

be a bandwagon or winner-picker

Always Be a fan of the your hometown teams, except certain exceptions such as Your team moves to another city, or You grew up in a city that didn't field a team for a specific sport.

Now, with what I've said, without trolling or hating, can you dispute any of the rules I've laid out, or will you continue to hate my comments no matter what.

Look, me and you are both fans, we don't see eye to eye, but at least we should respect our opinions and the teams we like, if you are a TRUE FAN you should follow the rules.....no exceptions.
Aug 11, 2010 3:10 PM

Jan 2008
I do agree that if you're rooting for a team you should stick by them. However I don't think you should have to cheer for a team just because you live in the same city. I live in Columbus. Outside of tOSU(which we treat like a professional team) we have no teams here.
Aug 11, 2010 3:16 PM
Aug 2010
I think that there are a lot of rules to follow if you want to be a "True Fan", everyone is going to have their own rules but I would agree that you should always be loyal to the team you choose to follow.
Aug 11, 2010 3:32 PM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
I do agree that if you're rooting for a team you should stick by them. However I don't think you should have to cheer for a team just because you live in the same city. I live in Columbus. Outside of tOSU(which we treat like a professional team) we have no teams here.

Well I guess you fall under this condition:

Always be a fan of the your hometown teams, except certain exceptions such as Your team moves to another city, or You grew up in a city that didn't field a team for a specific sport.

But as for myself I was born and currently still live in Miami, therefore I will abide by the "Hometown fan" rule.

If I've broken any rule is that I have been behaving in a confrontational way towards many people including this forum when talking about the Heat.

However, I think most people including yourself can see why I've been this way, also it doesn't help when a lot of people are talking bad about my team.

@EVERYONE:

This is the way I am, when I talk about sports I get very competitive and confrontational, for me sports is VERY important, if I were to compare anime and sports, anime would be a 1 compared to sports (which would be a 10). Also, interesting fact, I don't watch anime that includes sports (for example I've never watched Slam Dunk or Eyeshield 21) for some reason I WILL NOT allow myself to mix anime and sports together.
Aug 11, 2010 3:37 PM

Jun 2010
alexcampos said:

@EVERYONE:

This is the way I am, when I talk about sports I get very competitive and confrontational, for me sports is VERY important, if I were to compare anime and sports, anime would be a 1 compared to sports (which would be a 10). Also, interesting fact, I don't watch anime that includes sports (for example I've never watched Slam Dunk or Eyeshield 21) for some reason I WILL NOT allow myself to mix anime and sports together.

SLAM Dunk is one of my all time favorites...
Aug 11, 2010 3:54 PM

Jan 2009
alexcampos said:

Always be a fan of the your hometown teams, except certain exceptions such as Your team moves to another city, or You grew up in a city that didn't field a team for a specific sport.

I don't agree with this. I grew up in New York and I don't like any of the teams in here. I am a Dallas fan, have been my whole life. It doesn't matter where you were born, it's the team you become attached to that matters.
Aug 11, 2010 4:03 PM
Aug 2010
burntlettuce said:
alexcampos said:

I don't agree with this. I grew up in New York and I don't like any of the teams in here. I am a Dallas fan, have been my whole life. It doesn't matter where you were born, it's the team you become attached to that matters.

I'm also from NYC and I gotta say that I've never heard of a fellow New York resident not liking NY teams.

Seriously?

You don't like the Yankees, Jets, Giants, Mets, Kincks, none of those teams?
Aug 11, 2010 4:05 PM

Jun 2010
Actually this is reminding me of Lebron and how all the ESPN anchors had mixed feelings about how he went with the Yankees and Cowboys over all the Ohio teams.

Funny granted I hate the Yankess, but those are some die hard fans for the most part, usually NY'ers live and die by their teams.
Aug 11, 2010 4:17 PM

Feb 2010
this thread is pointless its obvious LA gonna win the title as in the LA Clippers
Aug 11, 2010 4:52 PM

Jan 2008
alexcampos said:

@EVERYONE:

That's fine. I enjoy debating sports. I just don't get mad over it like alot of people do. I can't get into Sports manga/anime for some reason.

Pecking order of entertainment for me:

Video Games
Sports- Mainly basketball, and football. I like womens tennis too(but for different reasons>.>) .
Anime/Manga
etc
Aug 11, 2010 5:18 PM

Mar 2009
I was really hoping that LeBron returning to Cleveland in a Miami Heat Jersey and playing that game in Cleveland on December 2nd would be a bigger drama since Ron Artest (Pacers-Pistons) fight.
But now it probably seems that most Cleveland fans don't care anymore.. -.-

Aug 11, 2010 7:41 PM

Jan 2009
ichigo03 said:
burntlettuce said:
alexcampos said:

I'm also from NYC and I gotta say that I've never heard of a fellow New York resident not liking NY teams.

Seriously?

You don't like the Yankees, Jets, Giants, Mets, Kincks, none of those teams?

I actually don't mind the Knicks and I do enjoy the Buffalo Sabers, but for the most part no I don't like NY Teams. Been a fan of Dallas teams since I was a kid. Again I don't think where you live matters, but your personal connection with the team.
Aug 12, 2010 3:12 PM

Jan 2008
Anyone else seen this from LeBron?

"Don't think for one min that I haven't been taking mental notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer. And I mean everyone!"

And the response from Charles Barkley:

"I heard about LeBron's little tweet today that he's remembering everybody who said anything bad about him. And he said 'everybody. Well, I want him to make sure that he puts my name on that (list).

"I thought that his little one-hour special was a punk move. I thought them dancing around on the stage was a punk move, and I thought he should've stayed in Cleveland. Him joining Dwyane Wade's team was very disappointing to me."

"He knows where I'll be, I don't run. I'm on TV every week, I'm easy to find."

Gotta love Chuck. lol

Forgot the last part.
GunbladewarriorAug 12, 2010 3:50 PM
Aug 12, 2010 3:31 PM

Jun 2010
Emphasis on 'Him joining Dwyane Wade's team'
Aug 13, 2010 6:11 AM
Aug 2010
Gunbladewarrior said:
Anyone else seen this from LeBron?

"Don't think for one min that I haven't been taking mental notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer. And I mean everyone!"

And the response from Charles Barkley:

"I heard about LeBron's little tweet today that he's remembering everybody who said anything bad about him. And he said 'everybody. Well, I want him to make sure that he puts my name on that (list).

"I thought that his little one-hour special was a punk move. I thought them dancing around on the stage was a punk move, and I thought he should've stayed in Cleveland. Him joining Dwyane Wade's team was very disappointing to me."

"He knows where I'll be, I don't run. I'm on TV every week, I'm easy to find."

Gotta love Chuck. lol

Oh yeah, I forget how many rings does Sir Charles have......ZERO

This is a man known to run his mouth it's not surprising he wants some attention so he decided to call out LeBron.

As for LeBron, good, you should use all the hate and all the idiotic talk out there as motivation to stuff it into their faces, nothing is better than to prove people wrong.

Like I've said before, I was sympathetic to Cleveland in the beginning but now I think I'm starting to root for LeBron and against Cleveland and all their idiotic sympathizers.

The City of Cleveland has been left to be a pathetic shell of it's former self, I've actually been there 3 years ago, I loved the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and I think the downtown area is nice, but the fans have really left a black mark for the city.

You don't respond to a player leaving by burning jerseys and making him public enemy #1 (it doesn't matter how he left), you don't kick people out of a baseball game just because they oppose you and show loyalty to another team or player, and most of all you don't become a sour, pathetic, whiny little bitches just because one guy left.

This past 6 weeks have awakened my eyes as to how the city of Cleveland and their fans are, they have showed absolutely no class and behaved worse than anyone could have ever imagined. I am not siding with LeBron or the Heat, I'm from NY, I don't even like the Heat, but Cleveland has rubbed me the wrong way, their constant bitching and whining is the exact reason why they will never win a professional championship.
Aug 13, 2010 8:02 AM

Jan 2008
Last I checked LeBron doesn't have a ring either. Heck, one could argue that he didn't deserve either MVP. Yes, Charles Barkley runs his mouth, but the majority of the time he tells the truth. Just because you don't like what he says doesn't mean it's not true. He said what ALOT of people think about LeBron's actions.

Yeah, where was that motivation and fuel after Game 5 against Boston? Where was that motivation after choking/quitting against Orlando in Game 6 of the ECF? It's easy to talk trash when you have D.Wade on your team.

Someone from NY talking about b*tchin and moaning? Irony at it's finest. lol You're bashing Cleveland based off what Charles Barkley said? Now that is hilarious.
Aug 13, 2010 8:04 AM

Jan 2008
Aug 13, 2010 8:24 PM

Aug 2010
guys stop this nonsense argument. the bobcats will win it all xD
Aug 14, 2010 9:46 PM

Jan 2008
Gunsandknives said:
guys stop this nonsense argument. the bobcats will win it all xD

I'd rather see them win then the Heat.
Aug 14, 2010 10:27 PM
May 2008
Definitely will happen. I've been saying it the past few years. Prediction: Lakers win West, Heat win East, Bobcats win the championship.

Also, lol, Chuck is great TV. From kissing Dick Bavetta to kissing Kenny's ass. He's right about them dancing around on stage, but whatever, this is the same cat that's been doing his powder-throwing schtick for years, this is the league today.

ichigo03 said:
This past 6 weeks have awakened my eyes as to how the city of Cleveland and their fans are, they have showed absolutely no class and behaved worse than anyone could have ever imagined.

Agreed. The way they celebrate their sports misery with a sort of fanatical attachment to each defeat and bitter story is pathetic. I mean, espn sucks for replaying them all too, and trying to sell us the lore. But it's horribly self-fulfilling.

Aug 14, 2010 11:49 PM

Jan 2008
Wait what? Cleveland celebrates their defeats? Since when?
Aug 17, 2010 7:20 AM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:

HERE YOU GO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evzSA7_yJHw&feature=player_embedded

Oh and BTW, this video was made 1 year BEFORE LeBron would "take his talents to South Beach". They were riding on the hopes that LeBron would be their "savior".

Sorry Cleveland, no one will save you from your sports misery.

Here is my favorite Cleveland "fan"

"The Catch"
"The Drive"
"The Fumble"
"1997"
"The Decision"

Cleveland = City of Losers
--ALEX--Aug 17, 2010 12:59 PM
Aug 17, 2010 11:09 PM

Jan 2008
I'm curious why it seems LeBron keeps talking about motivation now. Where was this a few months ago after Game 5 against Boston.
Aug 17, 2010 11:37 PM

Jan 2008
alexcampos said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

HERE YOU GO:

Oh and BTW, this video was made 1 year BEFORE LeBron would "take his talents to South Beach". They were riding on the hopes that LeBron would be their "savior".

And show me again how that is CLEVELAND fans celebrating it. The media made the names for those moments not the fans.

Are you trying to be a dick? Instead of actually answering the question you just use this as an excuse to bash Cleveland.

If the refs weren't so whistle happy in 2006, the Heat wouldn't have a championship either.
Aug 18, 2010 12:57 AM

Jan 2009
Since when did LeBron start talking about himself in the third person? I just notice that the other day......I don't really follow the NBA much but I saw one of his quotes on ESPN and I started laughing. Once you start to talk in the third person, your pretty much saying you've reached a douchebag level of self delusion.
Aug 18, 2010 1:01 AM

Jan 2008
Alchemistx4 said:
Since when did LeBron start talking about himself in the third person? I just notice that the other day......I don't really follow the NBA much but I saw on of his quotes on ESPN and I started laughing. Once you stat to talk in the third person, you pretty much saying you've reached the a douchebag level of self delusion.

Well this is the same guy that has "Choosen 1" on his back, so it's not surprising at all.
Aug 18, 2010 1:03 AM

Apr 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
Alchemistx4 said:
Since when did LeBron start talking about himself in the third person? I just notice that the other day......I don't really follow the NBA much but I saw on of his quotes on ESPN and I started laughing. Once you stat to talk in the third person, you pretty much saying you've reached the a douchebag level of self delusion.

Well this is the same guy that has "Choosen 1" on his back, so it's not surprising at all.
And declared himself "King James" before playing a single NBA game :\

Aug 18, 2010 1:20 AM

Jan 2009
I never really liked LeBron cause of the cocky attitude that he brought into the court. Yeah, he' s a good player but he had the capacity to make Kobe Bryant seem humble. lol and that's saying much for someone who describes himself as the black mamba. lol
Aug 18, 2010 2:00 AM

Jan 2008
I use to actually like LeBron. It was just the hype around him that annoyed the crap out of me. I blame Espn. :I

MisterSaito said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
Alchemistx4 said:

And declared himself "King James" before playing a single NBA game :

And referring to his teammates as his "supporting cast".
Aug 18, 2010 6:24 AM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
alexcampos said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

HERE YOU GO:

And show me again how that is CLEVELAND fans celebrating it. The media made the names for those moments not the fans.

Are you trying to be a dick? Instead of actually answering the question you just use this as an excuse to bash Cleveland.

If the refs weren't so whistle happy in 2006, the Heat wouldn't have a championship either.

The video was one of MANY that "celebrate" the unfortunate moments of Cleveland sports, some of those are Cleveland fans themselves posting those videos, besides the video never bashes the actual city or talks ill of their teams, they are just showing the truth (kinda like the Cubs and their 'curse').

Here is another one with a member who is from Cleveland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zURAqa65F1Q&feature=related

No, I didn't put the video to bash Cleveland, but what am I supposed to say, the media DID invent those names, but sports fans have kept them alive by talking about "the drive", "the fumble", "the shot" and so forth.

I'M BEING A DICK, are you kidding me, you have been bashing LeBron unmerciful for the last 6 PAGES!!!

But because I state the truth about a city that is so pathetic that they can't move forward and look towards the future I'm a dick???

I hate to tell you this but they've done this to themselves, in the days and weeks after "the decision", all I heard was nonsense on Cleveland Sports Radio, constant bitching, complaining, and literally crying about LeBron's decision, this is NOT the way most fans around the nation would have behaved.

But because they are so desperate for a championship, they saw their last hope in LeBron, and when they got "betrayed" that was nail on the coffin for them.
--ALEX--Aug 18, 2010 6:39 AM
Aug 18, 2010 7:06 AM

Jan 2009
alexcampos said:

And you have had a boner for the heat since the beginning completely blinding yourself to how much of a dick Leborn actually is. It's funny in this thread you say that people should root for your home town ect...But in the NFL thread you are all about riding the Saints ban-wagon. Last time I checked the saints weren't located in Miami. I wonder if Leborn and Bosh went to another team if you would be cheering for them.

At the end of the rant. Leborn is a dick and you follow band-wagons.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (34) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.